PDA

View Full Version : Weekend Visitors stranded due to Hurricane Sandy

mistertonite
10-31-2012, 10:38 PM
From Sosua-News:

Dozens of visitors from New York, Boston and New Jersey could not return on Monday after a weekend in Sosúa. There were, because of the hurricane Sandy, 32 flights from airports Las Americas, Puerto Plata, Santiago and Punta Cana canceled. Many of the partygoers had not actually counted on it to stay a few days longer in Sosúa and had some trouble to tie up loose ends. The return flights will be resumed as soon as possible and then these poor stranded partygoers can return home safely.

http://www.sosuanews.com/index.php?id=3138&article=1

I wonder how many WW had to call family or friends back home for money just to get by for the unexpected stay.

LJDMV
10-31-2012, 10:55 PM
Can't believe JetBlue cancelled all their flights to POP since Sunday. There also is no flight tomorrow (Thursday) that's almost 5 extra days for the WW. But I got to say if I had to get stuck Sosua is not a bad place. They just had to cut back on making it rain. Next week those JFK flights will be packed going both ways.

GREEKFREAK
10-31-2012, 11:39 PM
This may sound funny but...I have a strange feeling these chicas are watching the news and know that next week will be a busy 1!

hugrad95a
11-01-2012, 03:11 AM
Jet blue just added two more flights today to STI from jfk, too bad I had cancelled

yayow
11-01-2012, 03:38 AM
Can't believe JetBlue cancelled all their flights to POP since Sunday. There also is no flight tomorrow (Thursday) that's almost 5 extra days for the WW. But I got to say if I had to get stuck Sosua is not a bad place. They just had to cut back on making it rain. Next week those JFK flights will be packed going both ways.

Not a bad place if you got the funds to enjoy the extended stay, if not it could be torture, all those sexy chicas, and no funds to enjoy their charms, eat, drink, and stay in a hotel.

We have all seen the WW who came down, just for 3 nights, and over extended himself, and had to borrow from friends on the ground, or have money sent. These guys could be shit out of luck, cause their crew may be tapped as well, and they can't even communicate with their people back in NY and NJ who have plenty of problems of their own. Imagine being in NY, stuck with no food, power and water, freezing your ass off, and if your boy can communicate with you by cell phone, and he would have to be real lucky, he's in the Carribbean in 85 degree temps, fucking hot Dominicanas and he's asking you for help. Don't think it's going to happen for the avg. WW. Most don't have contingency plans, and even if they did, under the current Northeast conditions, even those may be out the window.

El-Rey
11-01-2012, 10:35 PM
Alot of guys are stuck and broke.. No Making it Rain !! :biggrin:

jose1234
11-01-2012, 10:59 PM
Alot of guys are stuck and broke.. No Making it Rain !! :biggrin:

No money...no honey...

steviewonder
11-01-2012, 11:10 PM
No money...no honey...

one would think that the chicas that they had would help out during these tough days and nights:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

gdogg
11-02-2012, 02:04 PM
:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

There are currently way more dudes in the Western Union lines than chicas. That would make for a great pic!

BrooklynBeas
11-02-2012, 04:30 PM
:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

There are currently way more dudes in the Western Union lines than chicas. That would make for a great pic!

I'll gladly pay you Tuesday for a hamburger today...

greydread
11-02-2012, 05:40 PM
Not a bad place if you got the funds to enjoy the extended stay, if not it could be torture, all those sexy chicas, and no funds to enjoy their charms, eat, drink, and stay in a hotel.

We have all seen the WW who came down, just for 3 nights, and over extended himself, and had to borrow from friends on the ground, or have money sent. These guys could be shit out of luck, cause their crew may be tapped as well, and they can't even communicate with their people back in NY and NJ who have plenty of problems of their own. Imagine being in NY, stuck with no food, power and water, freezing your ass off, and if your boy can communicate with you by cell phone, and he would have to be real lucky, he's in the Carribbean in 85 degree temps, fucking hot Dominicanas and he's asking you for help. Don't think it's going to happen for the avg. WW. Most don't have contingency plans, and even if they did, under the current Northeast conditions, even those may be out the window.

Anybody who's dumb enough to travel 2,000 miles away from home to the a foreign Caribbean country during hurricane season without some "just-in-case-of-shit" money in the bank deserves to be tortured. I have travelled with one or two of them before....Never Again.

Jimbo44
11-02-2012, 06:06 PM

U hit it right on the nose....Im not leaving till Monday the 5th and been here since Wed oct 24. and thinkink of extending till the 9th or longer . Been having a blast with the NY crew, pics and all after i get back... if I get back__ I always make sure I call my bank to let them know im out of country in case I need cash....and they dont freeze my account!!

hugrad95a
11-02-2012, 06:08 PM
U hit it right on the nose....Im not leaving till Monday the 5th and been here since Wed oct 24. and thinkink of extending till the 9th or longer . Been having a blast with the NY crew, pics and all after i get back... if I get back__

Root for our Giants Jimbo....

SrSuerte
11-09-2012, 11:29 PM
I would have loved to be in town when this happened. I am just curious. I know they did not go back to the villas!:rofl: Those are the stories that I want to hear.

Mr QBX
11-10-2012, 12:44 AM
I was stuck out there. Thank goodness I got paid with automatic direct deposit from my job so I just hit up the banco popular and I was good. The party continued on my extended vacation. :corky: