PDA

View Full Version : Dammit: Questions from the new guy.

JayJet
12-01-2012, 04:48 AM
Hey all,

I was wondering if ya'll could help me with some specifics to things I've yet to find out about. Here goes:

I'm planning my trip to the DR for 2 weeks in May 2013. My first week is in Sosua followed by 4 days at FOD and 3 days at BB's.

Sosua question:

I've decided to stay either at either Sosua Suites or Hotel Colibri. I plan on taking advantage of Passions for at least a few times during my stay but at the same time I want to be "at the center of the action." El Colibri is closest to Passions and quieter or so I'm told. However, for the same price I could just rent a place at the Suites for the week. If any of you had to choose one or the other which would it be?

Field of Dreams (FOD) question:

I'm captivated by the Estate Party that's held twice monthly there. However, details that mongers really want to know are scant. I know the price is $200 but what else goes on other than the included food, drinks and fully naked chicas? Is this an orgy basically or what?

Cynical question(no need to answer I'm just a bit frustrated):

I understand that things are "close to the bone" in the DR but why is it so difficult to just get a reservation using a credit card? This cash only/Paypal/Need 50% down and 10% a month stuff is a bit disconcerting. I'm unaccustomed to working so hard so that I can give somebody my money.:confused: I'll be coming from California and this flight along with the jet lag is gonna kill me. Current prices round trip are going from $870-$940 from my neck of the woods.:mad: Nevertheless, I've been looking forward to this trip for some time now. Already did the Costa Rican adventure a few times and am looking for a change of monger pace. Any help or insight is appreciated.

whynotme
12-01-2012, 06:43 AM
I'll be coming from California and this flight along with the jet lag is gonna kill me.
Current prices round trip are going from $870-$940 from my neck of the woods.:mad:
I am looking for a change of monger pace. Any help or insight is appreciated.

from the west coast if price is the same/similar i would be heading to bkk or mnl :mrgreen:

all the rest of your questions can be easily found with the search button and a few guys here with more
current info will give you the latest scoop on the north coast:iconTU:

exoticspirit
12-01-2012, 08:25 AM
I understand that things are "close to the bone" in the DR but why is it so difficult to just get a reservation using a credit card? This cash only/Paypal/Need 50% down and 10% a month stuff is a bit disconcerting. I'm unaccustomed to working so hard so that I can give somebody my money.:confused:

This was a trip where the only time I ever pulled out my credit card at all was at the airports to pay for the checked baggage fee. Blackbeard's reserved my room in advance with a credit card but that was only to reserve it as I paid the room charges in cash when I got there. I could have paid by credit card but they will add a 20% surcharge which I thought was ridiculous. So it was basically a cash payment week all the way - that's the way it is down there.

TNT72
12-01-2012, 08:31 AM
The decision for me would be an easy one, but then again, I've experienced Ricks customer service and friendship. It would be Sosua Suites.

The Suites are just a minutes walk to the center of action, and a couple minutes moto ride to Passions. Rocky's is directly across the street, where you will get to meet many members, and get delicious food.

And Rick can give you the rundown on whats going on.

rahsta
12-01-2012, 08:46 AM
The decision for me would be an easy one, but then again, I've experienced Ricks customer service and friendship. It would be Sosua Suites.

The Suites are just a minutes walk to the center of action, and a couple minutes moto ride to Passions. Rocky's is directly across the street, where you will get to meet many members, and get delicious food.

And Rick can give you the rundown on whats going on.

You can also walk to Passion from Sosua Suites. Its not a bad work. I dont like catching the moto. This is just me.

TNT72
12-01-2012, 08:59 AM
You can also walk to Passion from Sosua Suites. Its not a bad work. I dont like catching the moto. This is just me.

I usually walk to Passions, and catch a moto back.

Dave Diaz
12-01-2012, 12:37 PM

I understand that things are "close to the bone" in the DR but why is it so difficult to just get a reservation using a credit card? This cash only/Paypal/Need 50% down and 10% a month stuff is a bit disconcerting. I'm unaccustomed to working so hard so that I can give somebody my money.:confused: I'll be coming from California and this flight along with the jet lag is gonna kill me. Current prices round trip are going from $870-$940 from my neck of the woods.:mad: Nevertheless, I've been looking forward to this trip for some time now. Already did the Costa Rican adventure a few times and am looking for a change of monger pace. Any help or insight is appreciated.

I'd be very Wary about using your credit cards in DR. Im surprised Rick doesn't accept Paypal he one of the few guys I would trust to send a payment to in full in advance.

About Sosua and where to stay. Sosua suites is nice but it is literally at the heart of the action and that could mean loud music late at night until the party dies down for the night. Staying closer to Passions in Hotel colibri?? Passions isn't that far from Sosua Suites and Rick (the Sosua Suites Manager) also has other options that are up by the passions area if i'm not mistaken. Just know that if you decide to stay closer to Passions you will be transporting to the heart of the action at night and if you are going to the beach during the day, etc. Noone of this is really far distance wise, you can walk it most of the time depending on the time of day and whether or not you feel comfortable making the walk.

Rick is a member of the board. if you are realy interested I would check out the website

http://www.rockysbar.com/Sosua%20Suites.html

You can explore the Tradewinds option which I believe is close to Passions, just have to get out of the complex and then cross that damn highway. Or the new MaryRose condo's which are also referenced on the above website but there is another link for information as well

http://www.maryrosedr.com/

Enjoy your first trip. I like your set up of questions. :ilike:

Dave Diaz
12-01-2012, 12:40 PM
from the west coast if price is the same/similar i would be heading to bkk or mnl :mrgreen:

:iconTU::iconTU::iconTU::iconTU::iconTU::iconTU::iconTU::iconTU::iconTU::iconTU: YUPPPPPP ME TOOOOO.

A flight to Asia must be something like less than 20 hours from the west coast. You can probably even get a more direct flight going to either one too. Californa to Guam or Japan and then off to Manila. Not sure what the BKK trip looks like but man would that be a sweet deal.

God bless the west coasters who come down to DR. Jet lag sucks.

GrandePadre
12-01-2012, 04:52 PM
I am a fellow west coaster and I have been to DR Three times. It is a BITCH getting out there and back. All of the routes suck no matter what you do. The best one so far was via Miami but you have to get a hotel going and coming which adds to your cost. But once you get there, you are in heaven. Honestly, I would revese the order of your trip. Start with BB, then go to FOD, then Sosua. Once you get a taste of the wild chicas, I doubt you will want to be cooped up with the tame ones. You will probably feel limited once you get a taste of Sosua.

Dont' stress about the cash thing. Just get cash and pay as you go no worries. As far as places to Stay, Sosua Suites is near the action or if you want to be close to Passions and still have a free ride to the strip on demand, then Mary Rose.

GrandePadre
12-01-2012, 04:55 PM

all the rest of your questions can be easily found with the search button and a few guys here with more
current info will give you the latest scoop on the north coast:iconTU:

Sadly its cheaper for me to go to POP than it is to go to BKK by about 200, but if I left from LAX it might be cheaper, however I would have to pay for parking.

weyland
12-01-2012, 05:07 PM
Start with BB, then go to FOD, then Sosua. Once you get a taste of the wild chicas, I doubt you will want to be cooped up with the tame ones. You will probably feel limited once you get a taste of Sosua.
This would be a better plan. Get the feel of things in a safe environment at Blackbeards where everything is spoonfed. At Field of Dreams you are still in a protected area but you can easily get off campus to Puerto Plata, and other places to try out your skills at selecting and hooking chicas. Finally swim with the sharks in Sosua, but hook up with some experienced members to give you a few markers. You could meet them in day trips from Field of Dreams beforehand.

I would only use your bank cards for drawing cash at the bank, preferably inside at the teller counter. That way you can ensure you always have a supply of change and small bills because the locals are often reluctant to give change. Don't use your cards to make purchases. The DR is notorious for card fraud. For which reason make sure your card companies know you will be there and the dates, otherwise they might freeze your account when they see an unusual pattern of withdrawals.

exoticspirit
12-01-2012, 05:16 PM

I also agree on this - it was a very easy 10-12 minute walk during the evening. I don't trust the safety of those motoconchos without the helmets.

SeaWeed
12-01-2012, 05:16 PM
I would never base my decision on a place to stay as it's proximity to Passions..........
though I would base my decision on a place to stay as it's proximity to all the action on PC.........
which is this case would be Sosua Suites.....and I'd skip FOD and BB all together......and just stay at Sosua Suites
keep it simple.........and banging.......lol

JayJet
12-01-2012, 07:36 PM
Thanks for the advice fellas. I'm gonna go with Sosua Suites. I think that it's better to be closer to the action in total than just one particular spot. As far as reversing the itinerary...I'm not too sure on that one. My reason for this is that I actually would like to close out my trip relaxed and chill. FOD and BB's seem like good places for that. When I hit PS for the first week I'm gonna burn the candle at both ends. I already have my Bachata moves down and I'll have a fistful of pesos. Besides, after seeing BB's newsletter every couple of weeks for the past year or so I've got to take advantage of some specific chicas. :mrgreen:

Nothing against the free-range chicas but I've learned from mongering that I somewhat enjoy the low hanging fruit that exists in places like FOD/BB's.

Citynights
12-01-2012, 09:29 PM
Hey all,

I was wondering if ya'll could help me with some specifics to things I've yet to find out about. Here goes:

I'm planning my trip to the DR for 2 weeks in May 2013. My first week is in Sosua followed by 4 days at FOD and 3 days at BB's.

Sosua question:

I've decided to stay either at either Sosua Suites or Hotel Colibri. I plan on taking advantage of Passions for at least a few times during my stay but at the same time I want to be "at the center of the action." El Colibri is closest to Passions and quieter or so I'm told. However, for the same price I could just rent a place at the Suites for the week. If any of you had to choose one or the other which would it be?

Field of Dreams (FOD) question:

I'm captivated by the Estate Party that's held twice monthly there. However, details that mongers really want to know are scant. I know the price is $200 but what else goes on other than the included food, drinks and fully naked chicas? Is this an orgy basically or what?

Rick explained it this way...when you use your card in Dr..there is a good chance your info can get ripped off...the good thing if you book thru Rick this time in the future you will not need do so..