PDA

View Full Version : Entry And Exit Fees At Airport

exoticspirit
12-01-2012, 03:35 PM
Just to clarify for others from my DR trip this past week, there is still a $10 US entry fee (Tourist Card) upon arrival at the airport (I used the Puerto Plata POP one). Upon departure, there was no exit fee - I read that there might have been a $20 US exit fee which I budgeted for but at no time was I ever asked to pay one.

Kevy
12-01-2012, 03:40 PM
Just to clarify for others from my DR trip this past week, there is still a $10 US entry fee (Tourist Card) upon arrival at the airport (I used the Puerto Plata POP one). Upon departure, there was no exit fee - I read that there might have been a $20 US exit fee which I budgeted for but at no time was I ever asked to pay one.

If you fly a charter flight they give you a tourist card included in the price, but you have to pay the departure tax.

For scheduled flights you have to buy the tourist card, but the departure tax is included in the price.

weyland
12-01-2012, 05:32 PM
If you fly a charter flight they give you a tourist card included in the price, but you have to pay the departure tax.

We poor Brits get shafted both ways. No freebies for us. :(

Irie
12-01-2012, 05:36 PM

Thank the powers that be that you rarely take flights anymore. :o

TNT72
12-01-2012, 05:37 PM

Nobody gets freebies. They just add it to the price of the ticket.

deezl
12-01-2012, 05:38 PM
We poor Brits get shafted both ways.

I've heard that about the Brits...

:rofl::rofl::rofl:

Apos
12-01-2012, 06:38 PM
I've heard that about the Brits...

:rofl::rofl::rofl:
...and they LIKE it! :rolleyes::lol:

Citynights
12-01-2012, 09:56 PM

its depends when you buy your ticket if it is included...most airlines include it...

questner
12-01-2012, 10:08 PM

Just overheard that the only British banks with a good balance sheet are sperm banks:rofl:

Ask Sidney to vouch for your second Argentinian passport and you will save $10 on a tourist card:iconTU:

rio77
12-02-2012, 11:53 AM

I flew out on thursday, and had to pay 800 pesos - 20 u.s., give or take a few cents. It might depend on who is working, if there is a line, or who knows what? Either way, make sure to have 1000 pesos in your pocket just in case - I would have liked to spend it at the bar before the flight!

Kevy
12-02-2012, 11:57 AM
I flew out on thursday, and had to pay 800 pesos - 20 u.s., give or take a few cents. It might depend on who is working, if there is a line, or who knows what? Either way, make sure to have 1000 pesos in your pocket just in case - I would have liked to spend it at the bar before the flight!

I thought they only took USD? I know there was an ATM in the airport to get USD.