PDA

View Full Version : Steak & Sirloin at Terra Linda: Pricy but excellent food

Apos
01-01-2013, 09:25 PM
Three of us had dinner at S&S tonight. We has some beers, an order of Calamari and a Caprese Salad to share at the start followed by one Fettuccine Alfredo dinner and 2 steak specials that were offered at New Years. I had a 14oz Ribeye dinner and the last was a Filet Mignon dinner that both included a Cesar Salad, steak and sides and nice apple pice a la mode for desert. The steaks were very tender, cooked correctly as ordered and tasted wonderful

Total damage after a leisurely 2 hour meal was 3600RD all in plus tip. The steaks were 750RD and 850RD and I know for a fact that similar rib-eyes in La Sirena were about 1375 each when we bought some Xmas Eve. So, while dinner was expensive at over $100USD for 3 with tip the value was very good and all three of us gave it the "thumbs up"!

I won't be in a rush to return due to budgetary considerations but I will remember the dinner fondly....I do like to eat well. :lol:

kitie carson
01-01-2013, 09:45 PM
I loved eating there also..Had good free breakfasts and great Menu...Pricey for the DR but good food altogether...

Ahhhh Just noticed my 500th post...I'm growing up fast...:p

Apos
01-01-2013, 09:48 PM
The prices are about what I'd expect to pay back home with quality mostly to match. Even the waiters were good....and previously at La Roca I think.

All in all a very nice evening!

I loved eating there also..Had good free breakfasts and great Menu...Pricey for the DR but good food altogether...

Ahhhh Just noticed my 500th post...I'm growing up fast...:p After the first 500 posts which can take years you'll be at 5000 before you know it. Congrats! :corky:

ebl1702399
01-01-2013, 10:05 PM
Very good restaurant. I always get the ribeye when I go there. The waiters are cool too. One night they were jokingly picking out chicas for me as they passed by. They said they have an idea of my type. They did an OK job too.

papirazzi
01-01-2013, 10:31 PM
that's one of my favorite restaurants.......THEY SERVE CEVICHE!!!! THAT IS ALL!!!!!!!

Tiger
01-01-2013, 11:14 PM
I had breakfast there a couple times last Oct. and was shocked at how fast the food came out. It was under 5 minutes both time. Very good also.............

DCIronman
01-02-2013, 03:14 AM
They made me an excellent seafood paella. And there was so much of it that it took me two days to finish it all.

It came out to about $30. But if you know paella, you know that's not a bad price at all.:iconTU:

tonymd
01-02-2013, 09:37 PM
Seafood Paella is a favorite of mines. I didn't know I could get it in Sousa. I will try them when I'm in the mood for a good meal.

papirazzi
01-02-2013, 09:40 PM
They made me an excellent seafood paella. And there was so much of it that it took me two days to finish it all.

It came out to about $30. But if you know paella, you know that's not a bad price at all.:iconTU:

Man I didn't even know they served Paella there. Is it the soupy version like Spain...or the fried version?

rahsta
01-02-2013, 10:15 PM
Three of us had dinner at S&S tonight. We has some beers, an order of Calamari and a Caprese Salad to share at the start followed by one Fettuccine Alfredo dinner and 2 steak specials that were offered at New Years. I had a 14oz Ribeye dinner and the last was a Filet Mignon dinner that both included a Cesar Salad, steak and sides and nice apple pice a la mode for desert. The steaks were very tender, cooked correctly as ordered and tasted wonderful

Total damage after a leisurely 2 hour meal was 3600RD all in plus tip. The steaks were 750RD and 850RD and I know for a fact that similar rib-eyes in La Sirena were about 1375 each when we bought some Xmas Eve. So, while dinner was expensive at over $100USD for 3 with tip the value was very good and all three of us gave it the "thumbs up"!

I won't be in a rush to return due to budgetary considerations but I will remember the dinner fondly....I do like to eat well. :lol:

Thats far from pricey. Thats crackhead prices.

DCIronman
01-02-2013, 10:52 PM
Man I didn't even know they served Paella there. Is it the soupy version like Spain...or the fried version?

Paella done right should never be soupy. Most of the liquid should have been cooked out by the time it's done. The rice should not be overcooked. And most importantly, there should be a light crust on the bottom.

That's real paella. Best I ever had was at La Salamanca in Barcelona. It was perfect.

papirazzi
01-02-2013, 11:13 PM
Paella done right should never be soupy. Most of the liquid should have been cooked out by the time it's done. The rice should not be overcooked. And most importantly, there should be a light crust on the bottom.

That's real paella. Best I ever had was at La Salamanca in Barcelona. It was perfect.

You are soooo right..I went to a restaurant called Spain in the Village, and ordered Paella and they brought it out in pot...but it was soupy...I asked they waiter...why and he said it was authentic...that's the way it's made in Spain, but I had some Paella in BC and it was not soupy....and damn was it good! I need to post a pic and you tell me if I'm on point DCI....

BrooklynBeas
01-02-2013, 11:19 PM
I know we are talkin paella in other countries... But if you never went to Don Coqui ( old Jimmy's Bronx Cafe owner, Jimmy owns it, not JDR)...
It's in New Rochelle Outside of the BX and the food is some of the best spanish food you will get in NY, and for that matter anywhere...

I have tried about 5 dishes (Paella, Pernil, Lobster/ steak combo, Seafood stew, snapper with yuca crusted topping and Yuca mashed potatoes) and most of the appetizers here and everything is excellent!

http://www.doncoqui.com/

May be a bit pricey but the portion size is rediculous... Usually when portions are big, the food isn't as good, but totally opposite here!

And the eye candy that goes there is pretty nice... and that makes everything better!

DCIronman
01-02-2013, 11:20 PM
You are soooo right..I went to a restaurant called Spain in the Village, and ordered Paella and they brought it out in pot...but it was soupy...I asked they waiter...why and he said it was authentic...that's the way it's made in Spain, but I had some Paella in BC and it was not soupy....and damn was it good! I need to post a pic and you tell me if I'm on point DCI....

This is part of the Paella we had in Barcelona. I wish I'd gotten a pic of the entire dish in the paella pan. But I only thought to bring out my camera after he'd separated it onto four plates.

Damn. I still don't know how to make these pics bigger.:confused::confused::confused::confused:

hugrad95a
01-02-2013, 11:23 PM
I have had Paella here at many Portuguese spots in newark and it most def different here than in Spain..
Here its more like yellow rice with seafood/chicken/sausage where in Madrid it was more like a rice gravy with seafood..
Now I know Paella in Madrid is different than in Barcelona and Portugal.

http://photos.igougo.com/photos/journal/pref/65e6d09c8a4f494d8c0e34b240fdecf4.jpg

BadBoyBilly
01-02-2013, 11:25 PM
OFF TOPIC -
That's real paella. Best I ever had was at La Salamanca in Barcelona. It was perfect.Spent 10 days in Barcelona June 2012 - stayed at Port Olympic - ate at the restaurants on waters edge most nights - paella after paella after paella - PERFECT every night - and like €12 for 2 people.

ON TOPIC - Ate at S & S when we were in Sosua in Sept - clearly best restaurant we ate at - and they had a reasonable wine list