PDA

View Full Version : Are mcro SIM cards available in Sosua?

HotDogg
01-08-2013, 07:39 AM
So I got a fancy new smartphone and find that it uses a micro SIM. Meaning the SIM I got from Orange last year is no good.

Does Orange in Sosua have the micro SIM? I'm using a Galaxy S III. Believe iPhone 4 and some others take the same card.

Thanks in advance.

tonymd
01-08-2013, 11:29 AM
do you take your regular phone and purchase a sim card in the Dr and use your regular phone down man. I purchased a cheap phone from the orange store some years back and I still use it when I go down I just about couple 100 pesos it works fine.

papirazzi
01-08-2013, 11:31 AM
So I got a fancy new smartphone and find that it uses a micro SIM. Meaning the SIM I got from Orange last year is no good.

Does Orange in Sosua have the micro SIM? I'm using a Galaxy S III. Believe iPhone 4 and some others take the same card.

Thanks in advance.
I'm not sure, but you can make/cut the sim into a micro. I did that with my claro sim when I realized that the SIII uses a micro sim.
there's a video on youtube on how to do it or check here: http://www.makeuseof.com/tag/secret-making-micro-sim-card/

mrblackluv
01-08-2013, 12:18 PM
Most cell phone stores will have sim cutters.

You can still use your sim, you just need to have it cut down to micro size.
They will either use a cutter, or scissors.

The cutters are a little better..less chance for error.
Then you can re-use the frame if you need to use the sim in a phone that takes full size.

HotDogg
01-08-2013, 02:13 PM
Thanks for the input everyone. Sounds like a simple solution. And from what I've read Orange can reactivate a SIM that hasn't been used in a year? I'm on the annual trip plan... wish I could visit more often.

hioctane
01-12-2013, 12:44 AM
Easiest is to go on ebay and get a sim cutter for $5 and bring it with you. Do don't want to depend on the store for one.