PDA

View Full Version : Franziskaner in Sosua?

surreal83
01-28-2013, 06:16 PM
I know this is a little specific but hoping somebody can save me some time. I'm gonna be in Sosua this Wed thru Sun and want to find a place that has Franziskaner beer on tap. I'm sure with all the German places in the area it shouldn't be a problem. Thanks guys!

deezl
01-28-2013, 06:24 PM
i think you'd be lucky to find it in bottles, and probably more likely in the big playero than in any of the bars.
on tap? i seriously doubt it. hell, i don't think i've ever seen a working tap in sosua.

eldorob
01-28-2013, 07:52 PM
Never heard of it. Try Central BAr on Pedro Clisante, you cant miss it. It's filled with Germans and skinny Haitianas.

Or just bring some frankeniser labels and stick it on the Presidente bottles.

There are some german types here though, they'll chime in.

deezl
01-28-2013, 08:15 PM
Never heard of it. Try Central BAr on Pedro Clisante, you cant miss it. It's filled with Germans and skinny Haitianas.

Or just bring some frankeniser labels and stick it on the Presidente bottles.

There are some german types here though, they'll chime in.

It's one of the oldest beers in the world (since 1397 says the bottle).

Great stuff.

But I doubt they have it at Bar Central. I think i've seen Paulaner @ Playero but not sure.

if you absolutely have to have a seriously good/strong beer I know a few places have Duvel. Tropicana Bar on the beach for sure, I think Herman's Siempre Sol has it as well.

Funny because available beer in DR is generally based on what Presidente has import rights/agreements for, but Presidente is now owned by InBev (as is Spaten/Franziskaner) but they don't own Duvel.

surreal83
01-28-2013, 10:55 PM
Thanks guys.. I'm shocked you haven't even seen a working tap in sosua. Sounds like somebody needs to open a proper bar. I'll look for the bottles. Looks like a shit load of Presidente Light's are in my near future. :smile:

deezl
01-28-2013, 11:16 PM
Thanks guys.. I'm shocked you haven't even seen a working tap in sosua. Sounds like somebody needs to open a proper bar. I'll look for the bottles. Looks like a shit load of Presidente Light's are in my near future. :smile:

I don't just mean Sosua, I don't think I've ever seen a working tap or seen tap beer offered anywhere in the DR. I'm sure there are some spots in Santiago & the Capital and probably some of the AI's, I've just never been to them. I'd imagine that storage could be an issue. It doesn't take much to skunk a keg and it's probably easier & cheaper to store & replace crates of bottles.

Ratt
01-29-2013, 12:01 PM
Try the restaurant El Choco…

TNT72
01-29-2013, 12:04 PM
I don't just mean Sosua, I don't think I've ever seen a working tap or seen tap beer offered anywhere in the DR. I'm sure there are some spots in Santiago & the Capital and probably some of the AI's, I've just never been to them. I'd imagine that storage could be an issue. It doesn't take much to skunk a keg and it's probably easier & cheaper to store & replace crates of bottles.

I've seen pics of taps in the AI's.

And I had draft beer at the cigar factory in Santiago. And seen a couple in the bars at the malls in Santo Domingo.

Sidney
01-29-2013, 05:31 PM
I know this is a little specific but hoping somebody can save me some time. I'm gonna be in Sosua this Wed thru Sun and want to find a place that has Franziskaner beer on tap. I'm sure with all the German places in the area it shouldn't be a problem. Thanks guys!

Switch to Bohemia !:rofl:

Ratt
01-30-2013, 02:36 AM
Bohemia is not a Weizen :D

El-Rey
01-30-2013, 08:09 AM
Tap some ass, dont sweat Franziskaner or whatever.. Grab a Presidente and a chica.. I have checked two German bars I frequent and neither have it.

continentalmike
01-30-2013, 09:48 AM
Try the German bakery - they will either have it (not very likely) or you can find contacts while getting breakfast... last time I heard it was getting tight...

If you really, really need it; it is sold in Jarabacoa in ÉL Tinaco lunch and specialty shop.. that's about 2 hours one way :)