PDA

View Full Version : OK...looking for hotel recomendations, Sosua and POP

ChicaRider
07-26-2005, 04:11 PM
There seem to be many recommended places to stay in Sosua... I'm thinking of doing 2 nights in POP - either BB or F.O.D. (unless suggested otherwise) and 2 nights in Sosua. Any feedback for a newbie who plans on making several return trips in the coming months? I'm looking for the usual particulars, in no particular order...friendly staff - especially if they speak some English...decent pool, chica friendly, clean rooms, close to the beach, safe area...

Jimmydr
07-26-2005, 04:12 PM
Try 1 night at The Palace and 1 at The Europa.

the_Jayman
07-26-2005, 04:22 PM
You can't go wrong with either F of D's or BB', Try both ! ! Your staying at Playa Dorado for a short stay arn't you? F of D is right across the main road from there.

ChicaRider
07-26-2005, 04:26 PM
I think I'll do that..the POP/Sosua Sampler... BB, FOD, Palace, Europa...four nights, four hotels...why not... unless there's a huge difference/penalty in rates/taxes or something...

I have until 12/21 to use my reservation at Playa Dorada, so I figured, after everything Ive read here, to stay outside the PD altogether for my first trip or 2, then stay at the PD when I meet someone I want to spend a few days with...

Jimmydr
07-26-2005, 04:28 PM
I think I'll do that..the POP/Sosua Sampler... BB, FOD, Palace, Europa...four nights, four hotels...why not... unless there's a huge difference/penalty in rates/taxes or something...

I have until 12/21 to use my reservation at Playa Dorada, so I figured, after everything Ive read here, to stay outside the PD altogether for my first trip or 2, then stay at the PD when I meet someone I want to spend a few days with...

This will work!!! :D

ChicaRider
07-26-2005, 05:29 PM
What's the closest hotel to the shark bar? That is the beach bar that's great on Sundays, right? (excuse the newbie)....

Reel Deal
07-26-2005, 06:22 PM
What's the closest hotel to the shark bar? It's called "beach"...:wink:

Kevy
07-26-2005, 06:27 PM
Europa is closer than the sosua palace by about a block. It is about a 10 minute walk to the beach.

knotty
07-26-2005, 06:43 PM
is he driving??? cause Field of Dreams beats all these places in looks and accomodations, but far from everything.

ChicaRider
07-26-2005, 07:06 PM
no 'he's' not :lol: just figured I'd check out POP and Sosua without too much driving/cabbing between the two... and I pack light so changing hotels is no big deal...

knotty
07-26-2005, 07:17 PM
then stay on the strip at the palace or europa. no need for a taxi, but you may want to try the motoconchos. the strip is short so you can basically walk up and down pedro clisante and go bar hopping. that's always fun. :grin:

the_Jayman
07-26-2005, 10:36 PM
you've never been to Sosua . . . Sosua chica friendly hotels have a certain . . . ambiance ? (is that a good word for it ?) to them . . .

they are all of the same "quality" . . . not bad but not red-roof inn's either . . . (hey, get off my back . . . I got a red roof inn right down the street and it's NICE ! !) (some of them have great pools and some of them have naked chicas . . . ) please don't get me wrong cause Sosua is probably my most favorite town on the Planet ! !

but the hotels do have a certain ambiance ? You need to know that going in.

Field of Dreams is a BRAND SPANKIN NEW hotel about 10 or so minutes in a cab (maybe more like 15) on this side of Sosua Beach . . . downtown Sosua is on the other side . . . (like 5 bucks each way in a taxi)

It's a tough call . . . and askin us which is better is just not fair ! ! some of us love some and some of us hate others, some of us hate all and some of us love all ! but we all LOVE THE DR ! !

gdogg
07-27-2005, 02:24 AM
What's the closest hotel to the shark bar? That is the beach bar that's great on Sundays, right? (excuse the newbie)....

The Romanoff is pretty close to the beach. Closer than Europa or the Palace. As mentioned before, it depends on what type of ambiance you're looking for. Romanoff is quieter, closer to the beach and still very close to the "strip". The Palace is never quiet (when it's at least half full), a little further to the beach (but still walking distance), and a better place to meet people. The Palace's showers are MUCH bigger, however! Whatever you choose, you'll have a great time!
8)

sjaak
07-27-2005, 02:33 AM

Everything is close, Sosua is quite small

Macky
10-29-2005, 11:13 PM
If FoD had been in walking distance of downtown Sosua, it's been _the_ place to stay - no contest.

Unfortunaly it's not - but it's still look so damn nice that I might end up there a few days or a week in january.

THEGAME
10-30-2005, 02:36 AM
Just returned from the "Dominican Republic" I'm going to post some threads Sunday night, with some pictures. It depends on what you want. If you want the Girfriend exsperience and just sit at the pool and go up to your room and have sex, I'd probably go to Blackebeards, or you could take a taxi from B.B's & go to Franks Place and bring a Chica back to your room.I paid for 2 nights 4,000 pesos & 1,000 salida for one of Franks girls. The girls at Blackbeards are the same. Not much variety that's why I barfined one at Franks & had her stay with me. I was there for 4 days & only was with 2 of the regulars from B.B's. I myself would stay in Sosua!! I'll never go back to Puerto Plata or Costumbar. If you can hang out late at night all you need to go is to "Classico Disco" in Sosua. I went there all my 4 nights in Sosua & picked up some Hot ASS!! It's unbeleivable, the Chicas in this place, probably outnumber the Men 10 to 1. Anyway I'll save all the details from my posts with all the Hot Chicas!! I'd stay at the "Hotel Europa" Now this is my opinion ok, I don't want to hurt anybodys Buisness. This post is for help. I wouldn't stay at the "Palace" It is run down, I stayed 2 nights in the Penthouse @ $75 American Dollars & the "Hotel Europa" rooms were very clean!! & had a combination lock box no keys which is nice & cost me $36 American dollars & is on the main drag & not dowm some dark dirt road. Now that is my opinion, different strokes for different folks? In closing all I can say is Sosua is for me, one more thing The field of Dreams is in the midlle of nowhere, I can't speak of the Hotel accomodations, but your going to pay a lot of money for Taxis, going back and fort to Puerto Plata or Sosua. I wouldn't dare take a Motorcoacho at night from town to town. I hope I can help you out. I'll be posting my threads about my 8 days, I have some good pictures of some Beautiful Chicas. "THE GAME"

JuanElGriego
11-03-2005, 09:06 PM
I'm looking into staying at the Europa in January but i've got a couple questions as their site doesn't really tell much.

1) What's the difference in price when one books a single versus double occupancy.

2) What size beds are available in single versus double rooms?

3) The site says $15 for each extra person in a room. Does this mean you pay this every time you bring a chica back to your room?

Bug Boy
11-03-2005, 09:40 PM
I'm looking into staying at the Europa in January

I just got back from Sosua and stayed at Club Residencial. It is chica friendly, only 1 at a time. Has a nice pool. Actually 2 pools. Rooms are very clean. Cooking utensials. I found a bottle opener and a cork screw. Pots pans, glasses, mugs. Just about anything you would need. If only I knew where to buy some beef and fish I would have cooked my meals. I have yet to find a place in Sosua with really good food.

The one problem with Club Residencial they will let a chica into the complex if you were with her before. I brought back a chica on Saturday night. I was chilling, sipping some rum, and smoking a cigar when knock knock on the door. Well, I really wasn't in the mood but she just looked soooooooo good. Tell the front desk to not let anyone in to see you.

Club Residencial is $45 USD per night plus 150 peso a night for safe lock and key. Bedroom with 2 beds, bath with shower, living area, and kitchenette, and balcony.

One Ocean was my previous favorite but they are no longer chica friendly. They lock the side gate at night so you have to sneak the chica in with a little palm grease for the guard.

Kevy
11-03-2005, 09:42 PM
Thanks for the info Herb, I might stay there sometime.

Bug Boy
11-03-2005, 09:47 PM
Thanks for the info Herb, I might stay there sometime.

I hope you like it. It does not have the naked pool parties like I read they used to have at the Palace. You also won't find an assortment of chicas waiting outside the front door like Europa. If you are more of an easy going person it will suit you fine.

psriches
11-03-2005, 10:18 PM
The one problem with Club Residencial they will let a chica into the complex if you were with her before. I brought back a chica on Saturday night. I was chilling, sipping some rum, and smoking a cigar when knock knock on the door. Well, I really wasn't in the mood but she just looked soooooooo good. Tell the front desk to not let anyone in to see you.Sounds like you had a stalker!! I hate those!!

the_Jayman
11-03-2005, 10:47 PM
Hey herb . . .

I always get Club Residencial and 1 ocean mixed up . . .

Club Residencial is at the top of the street that the Palace is on right ?

Bug Boy
11-03-2005, 11:27 PM
Hey herb . . .

I always get Club Residencial and 1 ocean mixed up . . .

Club Residencial is at the top of the street that the Palace is on right ?

Club Residencial is on Pedro Clisante about 2 short blocks west of Europa. Coming from Europa as soon as you cross the street the Palace is on it is about 50 yards.

One Ocean is near the far end of the block on the street where the liquor store is on the corner, next to a bank next to Super Super. One Ocean is closer to Alejo Martinez (sp) than Pedro Clisante.

RSMMAN
11-03-2005, 11:41 PM
http://www.clubresidencial.com/en/index.html :D

JDR
11-04-2005, 09:33 AM
I'm looking into staying at the Europa in January but i've got a couple questions as their site doesn't really tell much.

1) What's the difference in price when one books a single versus double occupancy.

3) The site says $15 for each extra person in a room. Does this mean you pay this every time you bring a chica back to your room?

Single or double is the same price, third person is $15.

Bug Boy
11-04-2005, 09:45 AM

Single or double is the same price, third person is $15.

The new set of stairs in front of Europa where do they go to?

ErikS
11-04-2005, 10:06 PM

JuanElG,
#1: as JimmyDR said, same price. All rooms allow two people. The second person can be a friend / GF that you travel to the DR with,
OR many differnt "second persons" that you pick up while in Sosua. The chica will have to leave her ID card (cedula) at the front desk when she goes up to the room with you.

#2: I've stayed in rooms there that have two queen sized beds, or one king sized. The rooms with one king sized bed always seemed to also have a rattan sofa in them also (nice for sitting on while you get a BBBJ! :evil: )

#3: You only pay the $15 when you bring two chicas back to the room at the same time. At night, the front desk never seems to have change, so I now make sure I also have $15US in my pocket when I go out in case I find myself in the mood for a "happy hour".

Hope this info helps. Enjoy!

Bug Boy
11-04-2005, 10:59 PM

JuanElGriego,

Another option would be to only pay for the first night when you check in. Unpack and do whatever else you have to do. First thing, even before a chica, would be to walk to the other Hotel either Europa or Club Residencial and ask to see a room. The 2 Hotels are less than a 3 minute walk apart. Club Residencial is to the left of Europa as you walk out of the lobby. If in doubt, just ask.

Now you can make a decision on which Hotel you want to spend the rest of your nights in Sosua. Remember, as the above post, no 2 chicas at the same time at Club Residencialk.

Do you have dates for your January trip?

Bug Boy
11-04-2005, 11:07 PM
Since we are on the subject of Europa, can you and a chica go skinny-dipping in the pool at midnight. With the well-known demise of the Palace where else could you get a BBBJ in the pool at the stroke of midnight?

JDR
11-05-2005, 11:36 AM
Since we are on the subject of Europa, can you and a chica go skinny-dipping in the pool at midnight. With the well-known demise of the Palace where else could you get a BBBJ in the pool at the stroke of midnight?

If you stay at the Condo and you are real quiet you can swim at Midnight. vak did.

WSJ3
11-05-2005, 12:37 PM
http://i25.photobucket.com/albums/c56/WSJ3_Sith_Lord/simpsons-doh-postcard.jpg

ErikS
11-05-2005, 02:02 PM

In Sept, BigD from Albany and myself went for a dip in the Europa pool around 2am with the "two sisters" we picked up at the Karoke bar.

Before things could get really "interesting", the Security Guard came and quietly & politely told us the pool was closed after midnight.

Phoenix
11-05-2005, 03:03 PM

In Sept, BigD from Albany and myself went for a dip in the Europa pool around 2am with the "two sisters" we picked up at the Karoke bar.

Before things could get really "interesting", the Security Guard came and quietly & politely told us the pool was closed after midnight.

ErikS I am outraged! They said they wanted to marry me when I was there in August. You guys were just swimming right? :wink: :rofl:

JuanElGriego
11-05-2005, 08:40 PM
no 2 chicas at the same time at Club Residencial.

Do you have dates for your January trip?

1) I guess Europa is it as the "no 2 chicas" rule is a deal breaker. I like company and at least having the option is important for me.

2) I'm 99% sure it's 1/6-1/16. Needless to say, i can't freakin' wait.

Many thanks also to ErikS for breaking down the Europa for me!!

P.S. - do you guys usually book the Europa through the internet? How much time before my trip should i book to guarantee there'll be space?

Apos
11-05-2005, 10:48 PM
i'm really not sure how strict their ploicy is. in may we had a parade oc chicas through there and no one said anything. we had 3 in a room at one point and used the pool twice for parties in the afternoon. no problem at all, infact they called a waitress in to work so we had our own beerwench :D

Kevy
11-06-2005, 12:32 AM
I booked Europa through the internet, but it usually takes a day or two.

sjaak
11-06-2005, 05:26 AM
Just read on a Dutch forum that the Don Andres hotel is chica friendly.

Kevy
11-06-2005, 08:49 AM
Here is a link, can't find the rates thou. It would be nice to have another chica friendly place

http://www.hoteldonandres.com/english_html/english_index.html

JuanElGriego
11-06-2005, 01:10 PM
I booked Europa through the internet, but it usually takes a day or two.

I took a look at their reservations page and it looks like you can only book up to a week on there. When i entered i'd be arriving on the 6th of January, the options on when i wanted to depart wouldn't exceed the 12th.

Is this a way of saving bandwith? Seems pretty lame to me.

JDR
11-06-2005, 01:16 PM
Here is a link, can't find the rates thou. It would be nice to have another chica friendly place

If you like the Condo then you won't like this place.

Apos
11-06-2005, 01:16 PM
prices on request...they fluctuate with the currenct but in the past was in the $25 a night range more or less

Kevy
11-06-2005, 02:55 PM

If you like the Condo then you won't like this place.

Just trying to be helpful. The night guard at Neptuno started taking Cedullas 2 weeks ago and he was kind of annoying. Always making comments to the chicas. I don't know where to stay yet.

Apos
11-06-2005, 02:57 PM
is there a small hotel that we could takeover?

i count 4 canadian's from the 27th and hopefully jayman, erikS, JDR? and phoenix? and counting. also possibly papiquerico and NWO

that's 10 right there!

moshy2k
11-06-2005, 06:50 PM
Where exactly is the Don Andres hotel I do not remember seeing it.

Kevy
11-06-2005, 07:24 PM
There is map on their site. It is down the street from Super Super at Alejo Martinez. Right by La Bolgna.