PDA

View Full Version : 02/2013 - Festy turns 50 at the beach.

Festy
02-16-2013, 12:29 PM
My 50th is on Feb 23rd. Will probably spend the afternoon at/near Big D's BBQ on the beach. Stop by and say hello if you are in Sosua on that day. Cheers.

Festy
02-16-2013, 12:59 PM

I like the way presents are wrapped in Sosua.

JackJohnson
02-16-2013, 03:34 PM
My 50th is on Feb 23rd. Will probably spend the afternoon at/near Big D's BBQ on the beach. Stop by and say hello if you are in Sosua on that day. Cheers.

I'll be sure to drop by.

Festy
02-16-2013, 03:52 PM

Damn, a week is a long time to wait :)

el toro
02-16-2013, 04:47 PM
Congrats on approaching the half century mark!

Firedude
02-16-2013, 04:52 PM
Happy birthday Festy. I wish I could join you. I won't be making it back to Sosua until the first week of April. If your around then the first one is on me.....hell the first two are on me.

Seņor JDR of Medellin
02-16-2013, 06:19 PM

Damn, a week is a long time to wait :)

the best is behind us.:mad::mad::mad:

Seņor JDR of Medellin
02-16-2013, 06:20 PM
Congrats on approaching the half century mark!

Like WSJ3 said to me, there are MORE yesterdays than tomorrows. At least I sandwiched it between my Boca and Medellin trips.

Westy
02-16-2013, 10:43 PM
I'll definitely stop by, Festy, if I remember ... memory can be a problem for an old geezer of fifty-nine. :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Seņor JDR, I wouldn't say 'the best is behind us' after fifty. In my case, the best was yet to come ... I didn't get into sailing till after I was fifty. (Likewise with mongering.) And I didn't get into the life of leisure I now live as a retired old fart until after my fifty-fifth birthday.

Never married, no children, and every bit of my pension (after taxes) is under my exclusive control ... Schweeeeeet.

(On the other hand, there are the twice-a-week visits to Dear Auntie, in Alzheimer's care. Oh well.)

Seņor JDR of Medellin
02-16-2013, 10:55 PM
I'll definitely stop by, Festy, if I remember ... memory can be a problem for an old geezer of fifty-nine. :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Seņor JDR, I wouldn't say 'the best is behind us' after fifty. In my case, the best was yet to come ... I didn't get into sailing till after I was fifty. (Likewise with mongering.) And I didn't get into the life of leisure I now live as a retired old fart until after my fifty-fifth birthday.

Never married, no children, and every bit of my pension (after taxes) is under my exclusive control ... Schweeeeeet.

(On the other hand, there are the twice-a-week visits to Dear Auntie, in Alzheimer's care. Oh well.)

Well since you didn't start this path at age 24, you don't know what you missed. :cheesygrin:

Westy
02-16-2013, 11:36 PM
Well since you didn't start this path at age 24, you don't know what you missed. :cheesygrin:
Jeezus Christ on a rubber cross, I should say I don't! :corky::cheesygrin::rofl::rofl::rofl:

Let's see ... at 24, I was going on-and-off with a girl aged 28, who had 'given it up' to me but who was striving to persuade herself that she would still be a virgin if she disavowed the act. She was still living with her parents ... I was somewhere in the process between 'living with my mother' and 'my mother is living with me' (because in the latter case I was paying more than Mom was) ...

Jeezy-peezy, when I look at my own past, I was SO fucked-up! It explains why I'm still so fucked-up as an AARP-eligible seasoned citizen.

Seņor JDR of Medellin
02-17-2013, 07:30 AM
Jeezus Christ on a rubber cross, I should say I don't! :corky::cheesygrin::rofl::rofl::rofl:

Jeezy-peezy, when I look at my own past, I was SO fucked-up! It explains why I'm still so fucked-up as an AARP-eligible seasoned citizen.

Is that worth joining? Do they have a monger rate?

Seņor JDR of Medellin
02-17-2013, 07:36 AM

Let's see ... at 24, I was going on-and-off with a girl aged 28, who had 'given it up' to me but who was striving to persuade herself that she would still be a virgin if she disavowed the act. She was still living with her parents ... I was somewhere in the process between 'living with my mother' and 'my mother is living with me' (because in the latter case I was paying more than Mom was) ...

It was January 1990 and a man handed me a card for cheap suites which was located on a second floor. I knew it was something else and it was, a chica house. Well in 1990 there were dozens just on Roosevelt Avenue alone in Queens.

There were Colombians and Dominicans. There were flaccas and everything else. Some casas had 18 -20 chicas. It was $21 for 15 minutes.

I went everyday and twice on Friday and Saturday from 1990-1993.

Then it was the streetwalkers. BJs were $20 and I was out every night.

A dick that recharged for 2 or 3 sessions a day everyday is "LONG" gone.

There was never a day where I didn't have $21.

Seņor JDR of Medellin
02-17-2013, 07:44 AM

My 57 year old co worker will have two boys going to college starting next September.

Its more like SCHWEEEEEEEET!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Seņor JDR of Medellin
02-17-2013, 07:51 AM

Seņor JDR, I wouldn't say 'the best is behind us' after fifty. In my case, the best was yet to come ...

Don't get me wrong, the final act will be great. Now I can walk into HR and ask for 3 months off and they will say, sure, knock yourself out.

Seņor JDR of Medellin
02-17-2013, 08:08 AM

WR Gold and myself will be having both our 50th birthdays in Medellin during April.

Westy
02-17-2013, 08:12 AM
Jeezus Christ on a rubber cross ... when I look at my own past, I was SO fucked-up! It explains why I'm still so fucked-up as an AARP-eligible seasoned citizen.

Is that worth joining? Do they have a monger rate?

Fuck no to both. I said AARP-eligible. :rolleyes:
Paid membership here is worth more to me than being a card-carrying old fart. :lol:

Festy
02-17-2013, 08:59 AM
I turned 30 on Fat Tuesday in Rio for Carnaval with a fiesta at the Red/Black Ball. Stayed on Copacabana beach. Nuf said.

I turned 40 in Cienfuegos, Cuba in 2003...several of us landed there in the late 90's when Varadero, Guanabo and Havana were under siege by the Black Baret "Special" Police and snaggin the chicas. Owner of the casa I stayed at drove his small motorcycle out into the country about 40km at 5am to get a live, baby goat...strapped to his handlebars to bring back for the party. His wife prepared the goat stew in a large cast-iron, granny clampet kettle in the back yard. awesome fiesta.

Now turning 50 and looking forward being surround by bikini beach bunnies, beer and bbq. Maybe a nap...

Westy
02-17-2013, 10:52 AM
I turned 30 on Fat Tuesday in Rio for Carnaval with a fiesta at the Red/Black Ball. Stayed on Copacabana beach. Nuf said.

I turned 40 in Cienfuegos, Cuba in 2003...several of us landed there in the late 90's when Varadero, Guanabo and Havana were under siege by the Black Baret "Special" Police and snaggin the chicas. Owner of the casa I stayed at drove his small motorcycle out into the country about 40km at 5am to get a live, baby goat...strapped to his handlebars to bring back for the party. His wife prepared the goat stew in a large cast-iron, granny clampet kettle in the back yard. awesome fiesta.

Now turning 50 and looking forward being surround by bikini beach bunnies, beer and bbq. Maybe a nap...

I wanted to spend my Big Five-O at Kitty Hawk NC - the centennial of flight. (Yeah, the same day.) But no ... the guy who was going to get me a place to stay, let it slide; and I ended up at work (teaching something aviation-related; if I told you, I'd have to kill you.)

After reading the PSRiches and WSJ3 Philippines thread, and of course Robert13213's Asian adventure, I'm starting to think South East Asia for my big Six-Oh. But dayamm - Philippines or Thailand? Angeles or Pattaya? Decisions, decisions ... Maybe I oughta just do both?

JDR
02-17-2013, 10:59 AM
I wanted to spend my Big Five-O at Kitty Hawk NC - the centennial of flight. (Yeah, the same day.) But no ... the guy who was going to get me a place to stay, let it slide; and I ended up at work (teaching something aviation-related; if I told you, I'd have to kill you.)

After reading the PSRiches and WSJ3 Philippines thread, and of course Robert13213's Asian adventure, I'm starting to think South East Asia for my big Six-Oh. But dayamm - Philippines or Thailand? Angeles or Pattaya? Decisions, decisions ... Maybe I oughta just do both?

We may need a poll? I suggest you do both.

MrHappy
02-17-2013, 06:15 PM

Why go, if she doesn't even recognize you? Once my mother was in la la land, I stopped going to see her. I couldn't handle it.

Seņor JDR of Medellin
02-17-2013, 07:03 PM
Why go, if she doesn't even recognize you? Once my mother was in la la land, I stopped going to see her. I couldn't handle it.

Really, that is mean.:icontd:

Westy
02-17-2013, 09:16 PM
Dear Auntie still recognizes me, Mr. Happy, and she is after all my one last remaining close relative. (No smileys here for a sniffle and a sob.)

It is heartbreaking to see those poor old fucks in Memory Care. Dear Auntie is the only one of my family who lost her marbles before she 'went West' ... I figure that I owe her at least the consideration of visiting her (and I thank God daily that I don't have to take care of her!)

The sad truth is that she - and her fellow residents in Memory Care - will be better off after they let go of their last breath.

(Okay, enough of this maudlin shit!)

Irie
02-17-2013, 09:44 PM
Dear Auntie still recognizes me, Mr. Happy, and she is after all my one last remaining close relative. (No smileys here for a sniffle and a sob.)

It is heartbreaking to see those poor old fucks in Memory Care. Dear Auntie is the only one of my family who lost her marbles before she 'went West' ... I figure that I owe her at least the consideration of visiting her (and I thank God daily that I don't have to take care of her!)

The sad truth is that she - and her fellow residents in Memory Care - will be better off after they let go of their last breath.

As heart wrenching as it may be, that is the admirable thing to do. :iconTU:

Westy
02-17-2013, 09:58 PM
As heart wrenching as it may be, the is the admirable thing to do. :iconTU:
Thank you for recognizing that, Irie.

Now realize, gentlemen, that I don't really quite let that rule my life! If Dear Auntie were to drop the body tomorrow, I'd thank the folks at Memory Care for taking such good care of her - and I'd mourn just long enough to suit the requirements of propriety. And I'd strew her ashes in Sosua Bay, very much the way Jesse Conrad did with the ashes of Lama Norbu at the end of Little Buddha (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Little_Buddha).

(Very, VERY much like that. I have a very strong spiritual connection with Tibetan Buddhism.)

I believe this is one of the lives that I took as a 'vacation' from Bodhisattva duties; not that it was all that complete a vacation, but I have been flouting a couple of the Five Precepts - I'm enjoying my rum and I'm preparing to enjoy Sosua!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wBiLrZT3eno

MrHappy
02-18-2013, 08:16 AM
]Dear Auntie still recognizes me, and she is after all my one last remaining close relative.[/B] (No smileys here for a sniffle and a sob.)

If she still knows who you are when you walk in the door, that's a completely different scenario. I agree with you on stopping by to say hi on a regular basis..

ezsmile
02-18-2013, 06:55 PM

that is very hard when that happens.

Westy
02-18-2013, 10:50 PM

that is very hard when that happens.

Dear Auntie has asked me about 'the other Westy.' The only thing I could do is what the folks at Memory Care refer to as 'Join Their Journey' ... if the poor-confused-fuck says 'the sky is red,' nod and agree and say 'It's a beautiful red!'

El-Rey
02-21-2013, 12:52 PM
It was January 1990 and a man handed me a card for cheap suites which was located on a second floor. I knew it was something else and it was, a chica house. Well in 1990 there were dozens just on Roosevelt Avenue alone in Queens.

There were Colombians and Dominicans. There were flaccas and everything else. Some casas had 18 -20 chicas. It was $21 for 15 minutes.

I went everyday and twice on Friday and Saturday from 1990-1993.

Then it was the streetwalkers. BJs were $20 and I was out every night.

A dick that recharged for 2 or 3 sessions a day everyday is "LONG" gone.

There was never a day where I didn't have $21.

Fuck 1990? That's when I thought leaving Southside Jamaica queens was traveling.

El-Rey
02-21-2013, 12:53 PM
If the Coco Bros are not in Santiago we will deffinetely stop by big D for a Bday shout

Festy
02-22-2013, 11:57 AM
If the Coco Bros are not in Santiago we will deffinetely stop by big D for a Bday shout

Awesome, looking forward to it.

Festy
02-23-2013, 08:32 AM
Let the festivities begin.

whynotme
02-23-2013, 08:52 AM
Let the festivities begin.

the pic is good but its missing two important things...........whisky and chicas:corky:

http://news.insearchofchicas.org/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=71370&d=1361626323

El-Rey
02-23-2013, 09:01 AM

Happy Birthday.. You also never gave a time for the beach

whynotme
02-23-2013, 09:07 AM
:bigthumbup:

have a great last day being in your 40's:corky:

and turning 50 is just another day so enjoy it:party:

JD426
02-23-2013, 10:44 AM
Hope you Enjoy your Big Birthday to the Fullest !!! ... Have a Good one..........

Westy
02-23-2013, 11:43 PM
I stopped by Big D's at 1 PM and again about 3:30 PM.

I'm sorry I missed you.

I hope you had a good-enough birthday that you didn't miss me.

Many happy reruns - Westy

Festy
02-27-2013, 09:19 AM
I stopped by Big D's at 1 PM and again about 3:30 PM.

I'm sorry I missed you.

I hope you had a good-enough birthday that you didn't miss me.

Many happy reruns - Westy

Big D was 'under the weather' on Saturday so we moved the party to Don Antonio's.....a few minor adjustments but we had a very good time. Dominican friends were a few hours late (as dictated by being on "Dominican" time). Alan from Midtown Restaurant & Bar put together an excellent spread for eats as well as keeping all the beer ICE cold. Still in town for a couple more days. Stop by Don Antonios and we'll have a few beers.

Westy
02-27-2013, 10:05 AM
Big D was 'under the weather' on Saturday so we moved the party to Don Antonio's.....a few minor adjustments but we had a very good time. Dominican friends were a few hours late (as dictated by being on "Dominican" time). Alan from Midtown Restaurant & Bar put together an excellent spread for eats as well as keeping all the beer ICE cold. Still in town for a couple more days. Stop by Don Antonios and we'll have a few beers.

Que lastima ... I'm two hours from boarding the big bird. Some day, maybe, I hope ....

weyland
05-21-2014, 03:56 PM
Oops! I am not really over 80. Just too senile to press the right button.