PDA

View Full Version : 03/2013 - City Lights update

sopranostingray
03-02-2013, 09:58 AM
I just noticed that City Lights changed their sign and no longer promote themselves as a gentleman's club, but as a disco. So, first Hollywood Nights goes under and now this change. I doubt they stay open past May. It's hard to compete against Passions and quite frankly I don't think anybody can.

BorisDaBulletDodger
03-02-2013, 10:02 AM
I just noticed that City Lights changed their sign and no longer promote themselves as a gentleman's club, but as a disco. So, first Hollywood Nights goes under and now this change. I doubt they stay open past May. It's hard to compete against Passions and quite frankly I don't think anybody can.

When I was there in December they had big dreams, and were remodeling the hotel part, is that finished? They also had a nice nice pool area with a stage.

El-Rey
03-02-2013, 10:06 AM
I just wish I had one of those spots. Passions can be competed with. People just have money and no plan of action. Everything they try fails and they panic at the first failure . Passions is nothing more than a long standing brand. Both places peeked people's interest but has no lure about them to capture the target audience. Relied on word of mouth and Dominicans to succeed.

Jmo

BigLongBeach
03-02-2013, 10:53 AM
I just wish I had one of those spots.

the thought of having 20-30 whores seems cool but it also sounds horrifying..! Having to deal with 20-30 unbalanced chemically or emotionally whores is a nightmare. Then you have deal with the bouncers, janitors, bar staff, drivers, and cops which all want to steal from you

running a whore house reminds me of a saying gamblers/poker players, "if you have the ability to make a lot of money playing poker, you can make a lot of money doing something else"

these jobs are a 24/7 jobs

El-Rey
03-02-2013, 10:58 AM
the thought of having 20-30 whores seems cool but it also sounds horrifying..! Having to deal with 20-30 unbalanced chemically or emotionally whores is a nightmare. Then you have deal with the bouncers, janitors, bar staff, drivers, and cops which all want to steal from you

running a whore house reminds me of a saying gamblers/poker players, "if you have the ability to make a lot of money playing poker, you can make a lot of money doing something else"

these jobs are a 24/7 jobs

Your right it isn't for everybody. And I wouldn't look at it as working with whores. I'm too professional. When I train female clients I don't fuck them as a rule. It's business. The problem with these guys is they get lost in the pussy. Fucking the chicas that are supposed to be making them money.
Too many chicas. The ones I employ would be hands off.

sopranostingray
03-02-2013, 11:01 AM
Hollywood Nights had mediocre chicks...you can't have that. You need the hottest chicks available. If you're gonna go into that business you better have the best! The problem at City Lights is that they are not busy and the chicks leave or don't show up for work...so when guys go there the pickings are slim. Huge catch 22. Almost seems like the owner invested into the renos but won't invest into keeping the girls happy by paying them well enough to stay.

Peter at Passions has it going on. Smart smart business man with the right contacts....his place is always busy. I would never dream of competing against him because I know what I'm up against.

BorisDaBulletDodger
03-02-2013, 11:11 AM
Hollywood Nights had mediocre chicks...you can't have that. You need the hottest chicks available. If you're gonna go into that business you better have the best! The problem at City Lights is that they are not busy and the chicks leave or don't show up for work...so when guys go there the pickings are slim. Huge catch 22. Almost seems like the owner invested into the renos but won't invest into keeping the girls happy by paying them well enough to stay.

Peter at Passions has it going on. Smart smart business man with the right contacts....his place is always busy. I would never dream of competing against him because I know what I'm up against.

And as long as there are hot chicks, I got no problem paying 150 pesos for a Presidentehttp://news.insearchofchicas.org/forum/images/posticons/thumbup.gifhttp://news.insearchofchicas.org/forum/images/posticons/thumbup.gif I guess thats why he has 3 huge bars in Passions, on my next trip, I think there will be a 4th bar somewhere:rofl::rofl:

el toro
03-02-2013, 11:46 AM
Universal closed already? Damn, they were just finishing construction in December I think.

I think we should put some pesos together and open a spot right next to the airport that has chicas and overnight capacity. The weekend warriors that want to save on taxi fare, the Blackbeards guys that want to make weekend warrior visits, and the newbie/AI tourists that feel it's the best way to 'play it safe'. Guys could come off the plane, tip the band and check in. After getting their weekend romantic cardio, they can walk their ass back over to check in for their flights. We make pesos.

Westy
03-02-2013, 12:20 PM
Universal closed already? Damn, they were just finishing construction in December I think.

I think we should put some pesos together and open a spot right next to the airport that has chicas and overnight capacity. The weekend warriors that want to save on taxi fare, the Blackbeards guys that want to make weekend warrior visits, and the newbie/AI tourists that feel it's the best way to 'play it safe'. Guys could come off the plane, tip the band and check in. After getting their weekend romantic cardio, they can walk their ass back over to check in for their flights. We make pesos.
Another one of those posts that persuades me that we need a 'ROFL' button in there with 'Blog This Post,' 'Said Thanks,' 'Reply With Quote.' :rofl:

JD426
03-02-2013, 12:36 PM

If one of the REAL CLUB owners from Santo Domingo (with the right contacts as you say) came up and took over City Lights, they would CRUSH .. the PLACE IS NICE. really nice.. especially the VIP area , dance Floor, in the back. and nice clean bathrooms.. much better than the Old Classicos. IMO. but a bit smaller.
As you said though, they put their efforts into building what you see, but not what you GET.. Drinks are also WAY over priced.. I think it was like 200 pesos for a Beer ?
Fuck that.
They might have a better shot as a DISCO.. strange as that may seem,, become the NEW smaller version of CLASSICOS.. on the other side of Rosen, so to speak..
That Bar on the corner, the real nice new one across from Hermans Bermuda Bar, they seem to be doing OK.. Cool music in there, and real real nice modern Ambiance.
The diff with them is they are VISIBLE from the street, and people will want to walk in, whereas City Lights back area, is so hidden, if you dont know its there there is no way you would walk in off the street to go back there..
THAT , IMO is what makes D'Latin also so successful, you SEE the crowd from the street, and everybody want to be where the crowd and the chicas are..

just my .02

j_d66
03-02-2013, 01:46 PM
If one of the REAL CLUB owners from Santo Domingo (with the right contacts as you say) came up and took over City Lights, they would CRUSH .. the PLACE IS NICE. really nice.. especially the VIP area , dance Floor, in the back. and nice clean bathrooms.. much better than the Old Classicos. IMO. but a bit smaller.
As you said though, they put their efforts into building what you see, but not what you GET.. Drinks are also WAY over priced.. I think it was like 200 pesos for a Beer ?
Fuck that.
They might have a better shot as a DISCO.. strange as that may seem,, become the NEW smaller version of CLASSICOS.. on the other side of Rosen, so to speak..
That Bar on the corner, the real nice new one across from Hermans Bermuda Bar, they seem to be doing OK.. Cool music in there, and real real nice modern Ambiance.
The diff with them is they are VISIBLE from the street, and people will want to walk in, whereas City Lights back area, is so hidden, if you dont know its there there is no way you would walk in off the street to go back there..
THAT , IMO is what makes D'Latin also so successful, you SEE the crowd from the street, and everybody want to be where the crowd and the chicas are..

just my .02

That seems like a game ending plan right there.

Seems like this place could have a chance as a open air disco/bar. There is good view to the street even though the other side of the street is not to desireable to look at. A decent size bar and a place to dance.
Also the hotel type rooms right there could make it real good to sastisfy that quick urge.

If you make it a normal club than the strip girls might come around.

deezl
03-02-2013, 02:04 PM
So it seems they're just starting to wise up (or taking a random shot in the dark). A 'gentlemen's club' was (pardon mon francais) a fucking retarded idea.

A disco is a much better idea - if you can just get people in the door.

Of course, that's the hard part, especially when your're off the main drag (no matter how close you are to it).

2 for 1 drink specials from say 9-11pm might pull from the crowd leaving rumba. Play up the fact that they actually have a freaking dance floor. Get a good DJ.

Try something that might actually entice people in from the street - have chicas dancing on the bar or something.

JD426
03-02-2013, 02:36 PM
So it seems they're just starting to wise up (or taking a random shot in the dark). A 'gentlemen's club' was (pardon mon francais) a fucking retarded idea.

A disco is a much better idea - if you can just get people in the door.

Of course, that's the hard part, especially when your're off the main drag (no matter how close you are to it).

2 for 1 drink specials from say 9-11pm might pull from the crowd leaving rumba. Play up the fact that they actually have a freaking dance floor. Get a good DJ.

Try something that might actually entice people in from the street - have chicas dancing on the bar or something.

THIS RIGHT HERE, could make them an overnight success, IMO .

Cuz I have never seen so many SUCK ASS DJ's as I have in Sosua (classicos specifically).. I mean if MOST people are not dancing, and enjoying the vibe ( ie the dance floor is empty) ,, there is only ONE person to blame..
but for some reason CLASSICOS as an example chose to do nothing about the shitty DJ'S before they closed.. it was SO bad, it cant even be overstated.. enough that you didnt even want to go up there.
With so much good Latin music to choose from, it is almost incomprehesible how ANY DJ could fuck it up ,but they managed it somehow.

So, if they put in a really good DJ, get the word out. do something with the drinks, pass our fliers, have a "barker/ Greeter' at the entrance on the street. that place could be jumping overnight.
So if you got a DJ with a name people recognize, that could be the key right on the street to entice people to come in.
At this point they are gonna have to Prime the Pump hard,and if their pockets are not deep enough for it, its gonna be City Lights OUT.

deezl
03-02-2013, 02:59 PM
THIS RIGHT HERE, could make them an overnight success, IMO .

Cuz I have never seen so many SUCK ASS DJ's as I have in Sosua (classicos specifically).. I mean if MOST people are not dancing, and enjoying the vibe ( ie the dance floor is empty) ,, there is only ONE person to blame..
but for some reason CLASSICOS as an example chose to do nothing about the shitty DJ'S before they closed.. it was SO bad, it cant even be overstated.. enough that you didnt even want to go up there.
With so much good Latin music to choose from, it is almost incomprehesible how ANY DJ could fuck it up ,but they managed it somehow.

So, if they put in a really good DJ, get the word out. do something with the drinks, pass our fliers, have a "barker/ Greeter' at the entrance on the street. that place could be jumping overnight.
So if you got a DJ with a name people recognize, that could be the key right on the street to entice people to come in.
At this point they are gonna have to Prime the Pump hard,and if their pockets are not deep enough for it, its gonna be City Lights OUT.

Exactly. I remember being up in classico a year or so ago and the DJ was letting songs fade out. Most of these guys aren't DJ-ing, they're just playing songs. Random songs.I'm sorry, but if you don't know how to beat match and crossfade then you are not a DJ! These dudes would get laughed out of every club in Santiago.

If Classico can bring in Anthony Santos and El Toro can get Wilo D'new then City Lights can get a few name DJ's out of Santiago/Santo Domingo to play a few weekend sets without breaking the bank.

j_d66
03-02-2013, 06:13 PM
You guys are on the right track but gotta keep drink prices reasonable.

Also play some of the local music like bachata and merengue and salsa. The kind that get's those chicas booty to shake.
Perhaps hiring some chicas as greeters to flirt with the guys and get them in the door.

This place seems like it could be a real fun club to hang out at if they can get the formula right.

I don't really get the whole strip club idea in Sosua. In the US you go to the strip clubs and it's a tease or fantasy for the most part at most clubs. In Sosua the fantasy is very much a reality.

No Worries
03-02-2013, 06:56 PM
Where is City Lights?

j_d66
03-02-2013, 07:01 PM
Where is City Lights?

Its on the PC just up the street from the main strip bars. Cross Dr Rosen like you are headed towards Passions and it is on the right like no more than 50 or 100 yards from Dr Rosen.

hugrad95a
03-02-2013, 07:03 PM
The old bar what's its name next to the shark bar...

TNT72
03-02-2013, 07:18 PM
The old bar what's its name next to the shark bar...

Seacrets

JD426
03-02-2013, 08:54 PM
Just a sidenote & a little Plug
That new Convenience Mercado right there between Shark Bar and City Lights , they sell beer,Red Bull ,Gatorade etc erc.. Its small but Stocked to the gills, and prices are Really good.. They speak English, I think they are NY Dominicans. I was trying to talk to him in Spanish and he answers in fluent English, LOL
The Place is really clean and a pleasure to shop in esp since they open til very late, but not sure of the hours.
I think Gutter meat found it first when it opened and posted about it.
But its worth mentioning again, you can really save some money on drinks there late at night, if you want to walk back and forth, or at least get your first Grande of the night, or to make a big Mixed Drink. Im 99 % sure they have Hard Liquor , but I didnt really look past the beer cooler, very cold beers btw.
Its also kind of amuzing cause you have City Lights with the HIGHEST prices on the strip, and right next door, you got this Mercado with the Lowest prices on the strip..

Sidney
04-08-2013, 12:58 PM
City Lights has closed= good riddance !:icontd:

tgunz
04-08-2013, 03:57 PM

I hope the restaurant attached is still open. Enclosed with ac and 150$ plato del dia. Plus food was good!!

Apos
04-08-2013, 04:04 PM
I'm not at all surprised that this place closed and I'm getting a little satisfaction that it happened so quickly. This is the same place that wanted, and got since I need no drama in my DR life, 200 pesos for a fucking water.

They're closed because they were stupid/arrogant, had no viable business plan and were unable to adapt.

Just my totaly biased opinion of course but they treated the group I was with like shit and IMO deserved to fail and quickly.

Karma RULZ! :p

ezsmile
04-08-2013, 04:34 PM
I hope the restaurant attached is still open. Enclosed with ac and 150$ plato del dia. Plus food was good!!

they had an enclosed restaurant with ac?

Apos
04-08-2013, 04:42 PM
they had an enclosed restaurant with ac?
On the right hand side under the apartments/rooms. At one point there was also a small colmado and IIRC a internet place as well.

No Worries
04-08-2013, 06:55 PM
I'm not at all surprised that this place closed and I'm getting a little satisfaction that it happened so quickly. This is the same place that wanted, and got since I need no drama in my DR life, 200 pesos for a fucking water.

They're closed because they were stupid/arrogant, had no viable business plan and were unable to adapt.

Just my totaly biased opinion of course but they treated the group I was with like shit and IMO deserved to fail and quickly.

Karma RULZ! :p

How do you really feel Siochana? LOL!

jose1234
04-08-2013, 08:31 PM
I had never gone in there because they had guys hanging out at the street entrance trying to hustle guys in there and when I looked in there were no chicas I could see and it looked empty. I had a friend tell me that the owner was usually out of the country and he had a former police officer as a manager who acted like a know-it-all. It seems the former police officer manager had a real pushy attitude and insisted he tell his life story to everyone and demand respect and all kinds of arrogant behavior. Also, the manager was not there that much and left his employees there without a lot of direction... At least that is what I heard. So, arrogant manager and absentee owner...

Looking in from the street, the place does look nice and if I could have just walked in for a beer once in a while without hassle, cover and the beer was reasonably priced...I might have. I like bars where you can walk in and out easily, beers are competitively priced, there are chicas that are welcome to hang out and view and there are TV's hanging from the ceiling so you can watch a sporting event or music video... I am happy with most bars in city central...

BrooklynBeas
04-08-2013, 09:04 PM
Just a sidenote & a little Plug
That new Convenience Mercado right there between Shark Bar and City Lights , they sell beer,Red Bull ,Gatorade etc erc.. Its small but Stocked to the gills, and prices are Really good.. They speak English, I think they are NY Dominicans. I was trying to talk to him in Spanish and he answers in fluent English, LOL
The Place is really clean and a pleasure to shop in esp since they open til very late, but not sure of the hours.
I think Gutter meat found it first when it opened and posted about it.
But its worth mentioning again, you can really save some money on drinks there late at night, if you want to walk back and forth, or at least get your first Grande of the night, or to make a big Mixed Drink. Im 99 % sure they have Hard Liquor , but I didnt really look past the beer cooler, very cold beers btw.
Its also kind of amuzing cause you have City Lights with the HIGHEST prices on the strip, and right next door, you got this Mercado with the Lowest prices on the strip..

Not 100% sure but a couple of people told me they are open till about 2am.. Good place to buy some beers if you are going back to the room with or without a chica and need some late night liqs for the room/fridge... I passed by once late and got a few beers... Seacrets/Shity Lights could do a killing if it was ran the correct way... I know a few guys are saying the good DJ and good music, but if there are hot pieces of ass in there that you don't see on the strip and decent price drinks, you will have business... If Peter can run a spot totally away from the action, where you need a moto late at night or in for a nice sized half drunk walk and still do great business, then a strict manager with good sense can run it right in the middle of the action... Keep in mind you need power and connections.... You can't run a whorehouse, which is illegal to be a pimp in DR, and make good money, without the wrong people getting jealous and either shutting you down, getting a huge cut, or accidentally running you off the road down a mountain (accidentally of course) lol...
If Peter can charge 130 pesos for presidente pequenas, 2500 for ST in the back with a chica or higher for TLN back at your room and have no problems getting it, it can be done... Dont forget though, Passions is owned by his wife, even though it's his money, his wife's name is on the business and she is in charge of all the girls... There is a fear factor that all of those girls have, and you need that if you are gonna run that type of business...

JD426
04-08-2013, 09:34 PM
Not 100% sure but a couple of people told me they are open till about 2am.. Good place to buy some beers if you are going back to the room with or without a chica and need some late night liqs for the room/fridge... I passed by once late and got a few beers... Seacrets/Shity Lights could do a killing if it was ran the correct way... I know a few guys are saying the good DJ and good music, but if there are hot pieces of ass in there that you don't see on the strip and decent price drinks, you will have business... If Peter can run a spot totally away from the action, where you need a moto late at night or in for a nice sized half drunk walk and still do great business, then a strict manager with good sense can run it right in the middle of the action... Keep in mind you need power and connections.... You can't run a whorehouse, which is illegal to be a pimp in DR, and make good money, without the wrong people getting jealous and either shutting you down, getting a huge cut, or accidentally running you off the road down a mountain (accidentally of course) lol...
If Peter can charge 130 pesos for presidente pequenas, 2500 for ST in the back with a chica or higher for TLN back at your room and have no problems getting it, it can be done... Dont forget though, Passions is owned by his wife, even though it's his money, his wife's name is on the business and she is in charge of all the girls... There is a fear factor that all of those girls have, and you need that if you are gonna run that type of business...

Yes , they are 100% open til 2 am (I asked) and was there a couple times Shark Bar Lou was in Santo Domingo but I did catch him on thurs night & he was open ..
he also said The Liquor store guys are very much liked in that spot,and run a nice store, they are not from NY as I had thought ,but speak english & are very friendly and the store is brightly lit , and yes they have hard liquor there and of course the cold beer etc. There is also a Hamburger cart guy there now and couple guys really seemed to like the Burgers he was making. So, a Good late night snack spot as well, imo. Can't beat that.

Irie
04-08-2013, 10:31 PM
I had never gone in there because they had guys hanging out at the street entrance trying to hustle guys in there and when I looked in there were no chicas I could see and it looked empty. I had a friend tell me that the owner was usually out of the country and he had a former police officer as a manager who acted like a know-it-all. It seems the former police officer manager had a real pushy attitude and insisted he tell his life story to everyone and demand respect and all kinds of arrogant behavior. Also, the manager was not there that much and left his employees there without a lot of direction... At least that is what I heard. So, arrogant manager and absentee owner...

Looking in from the street, the place does look nice and if I could have just walked in for a beer once in a while without hassle, cover and the beer was reasonably priced...I might have. I like bars where you can walk in and out easily, beers are competitively priced, there are chicas that are welcome to hang out and view and there are TV's hanging from the ceiling so you can watch a sporting event or music video... I am happy with most bars in city central...

I walked by there on several occasions this past visit. Your thoughts are on point ohmmmm. I didn't give it a second glance after the first take.

Somebody said this once......."next!"

daddyooo
04-09-2013, 12:17 AM
The place has everything except good management and hot chicas. http://news.insearchofchicas.org/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=73974&d=1365480738 http://news.insearchofchicas.org/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=73976&d=1365480767

daddyooo
04-09-2013, 12:19 AM
http://news.insearchofchicas.org/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=73975&d=1365480750 http://news.insearchofchicas.org/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=73972&d=1365480703

daddyooo
04-09-2013, 12:20 AM
http://news.insearchofchicas.org/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=73971&d=1365480685 http://news.insearchofchicas.org/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=73973&d=1365480721

daddyooo
04-09-2013, 12:22 AM
http://news.insearchofchicas.org/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=73970&d=1365480669 http://news.insearchofchicas.org/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=73969&d=1365480650

tgunz
04-09-2013, 09:30 AM
They might be better off kicking the chicas out of the rooms and making it a hotel...

BorisDaBulletDodger
04-09-2013, 09:38 AM
They might be better off kicking the chicas out of the rooms and making it a hotel...

When I talked to management in December, they claimed they were working on hotel rooms, not sure if they ever completed it and if IIRC there was about 16 rooms. You could probabaly build another 4 rooms that they were using as fuck rooms above the bar, and perhaps build a new wing around the stage area, combine that with a new restaurant, with existing bar, you got yourself a nice mini resort.

Gutter Meat
04-14-2013, 12:52 AM
From Sosua news...

DISCO CITY LIGHTS UNFORTUNATELY CLOSED

The completely redesigned bar and nightclub City Lights (formerly Seacrets) in the main street Pedro Clisante has been closed since 2 weeks. Since the opening in December there didn't come as much visitors as expected. The management started with music evenings and invited reasonably known bands to perform at the disco.
City Lights
City Lights
The first band was Fefita la Grande, a nationally renowned and famous tipico band. With this change of policy the management hoped to attract more Dominican visitors. The number of visitors for this musical event, unfortunately wasn't as big as they expected. This is very unfortunate because in Sosúa, besides El Flow, there is little opportunity to enjoy real Dominican music. Years ago there was the Car Wash every month a famous merengue or bachata band performed. We thought these good times would return with the City Lights' new policy.
And now we can only hope that City Lights gets anothe

Gutter Meat
07-10-2013, 12:19 AM
From Sosua news...............Re opening of City lights........

Tonight, the completely renovated bar / nightclub City Lights re-opens. The bar / nightclub is passed into other hands and the new owners have spared no effort to give the bar a modern appearance. The bar is located on the left side of establishment. In the far back is a stage constructed where artists will perform. The furniture has been completely remodeled and looks really nice.

About the drink prices, we also have good news. The small Presidente beers at 80 pesos and the large beers at 100 pesos. The nightclub in the back of the establishment will only be open during peak season and special events. The intention is that a nationally known music band will perform frequently.
The bar / nightclub City Lights (formerly Seacrets) is located in the main street Pedro Clisante # 6

praguealchemist
07-10-2013, 01:01 AM

The area around the airport lacks the charm/ambiance of sosua or cabarete or Puerto Plata and with Viator you can get roundtrip transportation from the airport to any of the three aforementioned locations for about 26 dollars-yes that is for roundtrip so with it being so reasonable who would want to stick around the noisy airport area.

j_d66
07-10-2013, 01:24 AM
From Sosua news...............Re opening of City lights........

Tonight, the completely renovated bar / nightclub City Lights re-opens. The bar / nightclub is passed into other hands and the new owners have spared no effort to give the bar a modern appearance. The bar is located on the left side of establishment. In the far back is a stage constructed where artists will perform. The furniture has been completely remodeled and looks really nice.

About the drink prices, we also have good news. The small Presidente beers at 80 pesos and the large beers at 100 pesos. The nightclub in the back of the establishment will only be open during peak season and special events. The intention is that a nationally known music band will perform frequently.
The bar / nightclub City Lights (formerly Seacrets) is located in the main street Pedro Clisante # 6

Nice

Hopefully there will be good music and a place for the chicas to shake their thing when the nightclub area is not open.
I am guessing it won't be to packed but who knows. D'Latin was pretty much dead when it opened last summer and look at it now.

Sidney
07-10-2013, 09:50 AM
Please ''shed a tear'' for WHY NOBODY LIKE S YOU (The advocate for higher beer prices)!:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl: City Lights

The bar / nightclub City Lights (formerly Seacrets) is located in the main street Pedro Clisante # 61.

ezsmile
07-10-2013, 11:23 AM
$80 pesos a small beer. I will have to check that out!

jose1234
07-10-2013, 11:31 AM
$80 pesos a small beer. I will have to check that out!

Me too! They have been working hard to renovate the place. I am a bit surprised they are done so quick. I never went in when they opened before, but the guards at the front were way to aggressive to me and I heard they were charging high prices for drinks, only a few chicas and a manager with an attitude.... Now supposedly, it is all changed... I am guessing that the 80 pesos beers are an introductory price and that eventually...maybe in a month or two it will be up to 100 pesos.

I also walked by the old "Hidaway"/"Coaches Corner" and it was stripped of about everything. Looks like some working is going on in there... I'll go wherever I am having a good time...which usually means provocatively dressed Chicas, friends and reasonably priced beer... Men are simple creatures...

urmine
07-10-2013, 12:10 PM

we also have good news. The small Presidente beers at 80 pesos and the large beers at 100 pesos. .

ah to be old and senile:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

happy they are closed and now happy they are open:rofl:

all because of the price of a bottle of beer...........glad the few pesos doesn't affect me but then again I understand economics 101 and never want to see any business close needlessly

whynotme
07-10-2013, 12:36 PM
I understand economics 101 and never want to see any business close needlessly

I used to love it when I saw businesses close (especially when they were my competition) but now that I am old and maybe senile as well :rofl: I never like to see any place fail unless they are just fucking stupid and then they deserve to fail:corky:

from 2007 thru the spring of this year I never raised my door rates or prices but was forced to go up $5/hour just to get a bit of a roi (return on investment) as I spent another $200,000 this year on diagnostic equipment and a car carrier as well as over $200,000 in renovations and building improvements the last 5 years............ glad I don't have a mortgage as I couldn't survive in this economy and spend money as well:corky:

jose1234
10-08-2014, 04:31 PM
I don't know any details, but looks like someone plans on opening City Lights again soon. The new owner is interviewing for waiter and waitress jobs there this week.

deezl
10-08-2014, 10:07 PM
I don't know any details, but looks like someone plans on opening City Lights again soon. The new owner is interviewing for waiter and waitress jobs there this week.

i hope he is also interviewing lawyers to handle his pending bankruptcy...

john111
10-08-2014, 10:48 PM
i hope he is also interviewing lawyers to handle his pending bankruptcy... Big momma from the beach said she was the going to be new owner when i spoke to her a couple weeks ago

tgunz
10-09-2014, 12:17 AM
Big momma from the beach said she was the going to be new owner when i spoke to her a couple weeks ago

Big momma got some nice chicas. . I've never used her services . But I'm not saying I wouldn't either. I just never think about until I'm home.

ezsmile
02-08-2015, 04:53 PM
Not good for business

http://detrasdelrumor.com.do/index.php/2012-08-08-22-36-42/regionales/6315-en-sosua-en-circunstancias-muy-extranas-fue-encontrado-supuestamente-envenenado-un-joven-en-un-centro-de-diversion-en-la-calle-pedro-clisante

JD426
02-08-2015, 07:00 PM
Not good for business

http://detrasdelrumor.com.do/index.php/2012-08-08-22-36-42/regionales/6315-en-sosua-en-circunstancias-muy-extranas-fue-encontrado-supuestamente-envenenado-un-joven-en-un-centro-de-diversion-en-la-calle-pedro-clisante

RIP, and my condolences..

Article says something about him owing $$ though.. or "debt problems"
All bets are off, if you owe the wrong people money..
or it could have been suicide , depression, who really knows.

does not sound Random though.. Like someone just putting something in his drink.. it dont sound like that at all.

l just saying..

thunderstar
02-09-2015, 05:57 PM
Without being disrespectful - the marks on the arm look more like self harm than anything else.

Either way - very sad.

RIP

MrHappy
02-09-2015, 07:03 PM
The first remark on the article kills me:

"Hay dio mio ese mi primo pero se lo juro k el liso eso base apagar"