PDA

View Full Version : MADEJRA OR CASTELLO

essexboy
03-31-2013, 08:17 AM
hi
i am going to bc on august 16 for between 7 and 10 nights
jdr advised me to book the garant hotel but i called them up and they said i cant smoke in the room so that place is out of the window for me now.
i want to be close to the strip as its my 1st time but like a nice room also but as i am in dr for 6 weeks i dont want to pay more than 45 a night if i can help it.
i have now got condosdominicano in sosua for 462 dollars for 33 nights so if i have to pay a bit more in bc it will b ok.
just wanted to know which of the 2 hotels u would advise me to stay in?
also if i only stay in bc for 7 nights i will go to sd for 3 nights
i have found the site for aparta hotel roma but cant see one for their new one one roma2?
cheers EB

SeaWeed
03-31-2013, 09:04 AM
MADEJRA is the ticket........ if you can get a rate like what these guys are getting these days mi would go for it........
Madejra is literally steps from the beach and not many steps from all the action.......
years ago the Madejra was more than it is today so it's a bargain these days........
years ago the Europa was the place to stay......not anymore.......

essexboy
03-31-2013, 09:55 AM
cheers mate
yea madejra and castello are 45 a night and also been looking at mozart hotel which is 30 a night
castello and mozart both have a bar disco in them which could come in handy for the chicas
i will have a think and decide which one
cheers EB

Jimmydr
03-31-2013, 09:58 AM
cheers mate
yea madejra and castello are 45 a night and also been looking at mozart hotel which is 30 a night
castello and mozart both have a bar disco in them which could come in handy for the chicas
i will have a think and decide which one
cheers EB

Handy how? So many bars and restaurants all over the place. Just don't smoke in your room?

essexboy
03-31-2013, 10:55 AM
Handy how? So many bars and restaurants all over the place. Just don't smoke in your room?

i am very lazy jimmy and i spend a lot of my time in the room in the daytime and am a heavy smoker so i must have a room i can smoke in and watch tv
i am more a nightife person not getting in till 4 am most nights so daytime i like to chill out in room

buckminster
03-31-2013, 11:16 AM
hi
i am going to bc on august 16 for between 7 and 10 nights
jdr advised me to book the garant hotel but i called them up and they said i cant smoke in the room so that place is out of the window for me now.
i want to be close to the strip as its my 1st time but like a nice room also but as i am in dr for 6 weeks i dont want to pay more than 45 a night if i can help it.
i have now got condosdominicano in sosua for 462 dollars for 33 nights so if i have to pay a bit more in bc it will b ok.
just wanted to know which of the 2 hotels u would advise me to stay in?
also if i only stay in bc for 7 nights i will go to sd for 3 nights
i have found the site for aparta hotel roma but cant see one for their new one one roma2?
cheers EB

must be a new smoking policy. it was ok to smoke in yuor room in january.

greydread
03-31-2013, 11:29 AM
i am very lazy jimmy and i spend a lot of my time in the room in the daytime and am a heavy smoker so i must have a room i can smoke in and watch tv
i am more a nightife person not getting in till 4 am most nights so daytime i like to chill out in room

The Calypso it 2 blocks from the strip on 20 Deciembre and is across the street from the "Candy Shop". It's Chica and smoker friendly and all rooms have balconies so you can spend your days smoking on the balcony while watching the Ho's hanging their clothes to dry on the roof of the Candy Sop lines in their thongs. $45 a night. I would suggest that you do what I did when learning my way around Boca Chica. I booked a room for the 1st night and did a moto tour around town the next day to look at the accommodations and speak with management about price v. length of stay. You will find discounts this way and ensure your level of comfort with the property.

greydread
03-31-2013, 11:34 AM
Oh yeah. I forgot to mention that right next to the Calypso is the bus stop where Chicas come and go from the campos and the Capital. In a single 2 block walk from El Batey to the Calypso I received 2 dozen offers from Chicas who were coming from or going to that bus stop.

essexboy
03-31-2013, 11:47 AM
thanks mate i will have a look at it

essexboy
03-31-2013, 11:53 AM
Oh yeah. I forgot to mention that right next to the Calypso is the bus stop where Chicas come and go from the campos and the Capital. In a single 2 block walk from El Batey to the Calypso I received 2 dozen offers from Chicas who were coming from or going to that bus stop.

do you know the website for it cant find one?
cheers

davemaryland
03-31-2013, 12:39 PM
I am on ground zero right now. At the Madejra. For 5 nights. I had a room booked on the 4th floor ( 404 ) next to Skynyrd. For $50 a night. With a balcony and large room. They bump me and moved me to a smaller room on the 2 floor. Still with a good ocean and street view from the balcony. For $45.00 Not all the rooms have a balcony. I would try and get a room on the 4th floor. Like Skynyrd told me for only $5 more. But they could bump you too. I was told they booked it for a whole month. I will try and check out the Castello for you.

greydread
03-31-2013, 12:50 PM
do you know the website for it cant find one?
cheers

http://calypsobeachhotel.com/fotosEN.html

SeaWeed
03-31-2013, 01:26 PM
here is the website for Boca Chica.......just warn you it's the same as it was back in 2002......lol....surprise it's still up
so don't go by the room rates.......though they were the same in 2006........but doubt it if they are even close anymore
the site does have phone numbers, email addy's and websites too........

http://bocachicabeach.net/

it has maps so you know where things are etc....... a lot of places aren't probably there anymore........
but you get a general idea where the hotels are located......those haven't changed that much.......

greydread
03-31-2013, 01:31 PM
http://www.bocachicabeach.net/hotels_small.html

essexboy
03-31-2013, 01:52 PM
I am on ground zero right now. At the Madejra. For 5 nights. I had a room booked on the 4th floor ( 404 ) next to Skynyrd. For $50 a night. With a balcony and large room. They bump me and moved me to a smaller room on the 2 floor. Still with a good ocean and street view from the balcony. For $45.00 Not all the rooms have a balcony. I would try and get a room on the 4th floor. Like Skynyrd told me for only $5 more. But they could bump you too. I was told they booked it for a whole month. I will try and check out the Castello for you.

thanks so much mate that would be great
in madejra he has me booked in room 203 but there are no photos so i wont know wats its like till i get there
cheers EB

essexboy
03-31-2013, 01:55 PM
thanks so much seaweed and greydread for your help

Mr. Smooth
03-31-2013, 03:35 PM
Essesxboy, as an aside to what greydread wrote, I also stayed at the Calypso in March of last year for my virgin BC visit. El Toro was staying there too. The rooms are good sized, a large pool, ac and ceiling fan, decent bath, balcony (mine was in front so I overlooked the street below), a short walk to the main drag, overall a very convenient place in relation to why you are there.

I recall the safe being a key safe rather than digital one, and paid $45 per night. With you being there in August, I would think that you might be able to negotiate a cheaper rate, maybe $35-40, as I would think there would be plenty of vacant rooms then.

Just a word about Condos Dominicanos. I stayed there last year as well, in September. Dave Maryland was also there at the same time. I had a studio with no ac, a celing fan that didn't do a very good job of moving the air around. It was an absolute sweat box, even the chicas seemed uncomfortable trying to sleep. I had to move the bed to the middle of the floor right under the ceiling fan to get any sort of breeze. Since you say you like to spend a lot of time in the room during the day, you will be very uncomfortable I think doing that at CD. The pool is nice, just be sure to duck the bats nose diving toward you if taking a dip in the evening. There must be a ton of bat shit up underneath those roof tiles.

The best part is the location. Thats what first attracted me to staying there, along with a recommendation from a bm. But, had I to do it over again, especially that time of year, I would look elsewhere.

essexboy
03-31-2013, 03:51 PM
Essesxboy, as an aside to what greydread wrote, I also stayed at the Calypso in March of last year for my virgin BC visit. El Toro was staying there too. The rooms are good sized, a large pool, ac and ceiling fan, decent bath, balcony (mine was in front so I overlooked the street below), a short walk to the main drag, overall a very convenient place in relation to why you are there.

I recall the safe being a key safe rather than digital one, and paid $45 per night. With you being there in August, I would think that you might be able to negotiate a cheaper rate, maybe $35-40, as I would think there would be plenty of vacant rooms then.

Just a word about Condos Dominicanos. I stayed there last year as well, in September. Dave Maryland was also there at the same time. I had a studio with no ac, a celing fan that didn't do a very good job of moving the air around. It was an absolute sweat box, even the chicas seemed uncomfortable trying to sleep. I had to move the bed to the middle of the floor right under the ceiling fan to get any sort of breeze. Since you say you like to spend a lot of time in the room during the day, you will be very uncomfortable I think doing that at CD. The pool is nice, just be sure to duck the bats nose diving toward you if taking a dip in the evening. There must be a ton of bat shit up underneath those roof tiles.

The best part is the location. Thats what first attracted me to staying there, along with a recommendation from a bm. But, had I to do it over again, especially that time of year, I would look elsewhere.

cheers mate
calypso said 40 a night with breakfast
in thailand i never use ac only the fan so when i stay in cd i hope it will b ok lol
if after a couple of nights its no good i will have to move
when i see u last august staying at the suites i never used the ac in there and it will b the same time of year so should b ok i hope lol
see u on august 9 mate in sosua and then we got christmas together in pattaya
enjoy mombasa 1st drinks on u lol

SeaWeed
03-31-2013, 04:56 PM
mi lived all winter without A/C and survived in paradise.....lol.....but winter is a likkle cooler than summer....not much though
here mi need A/C in Florida.......but mi bet mi won't have it cranked like mi use too......
you get use to the heat it after awhile.....usually a good fan does the trick if you need to cool off.......
by going without A/C the hotels can charge you a lot less too........and landlords etc.......

essexboy
04-01-2013, 02:47 AM
one last thing as now its between madejra or calypso unless davemaryland says how good castello is
madejra 45 a night 1 minute to action no pool
calypso 40 a night 5 mins to action nice big pool and breakfast included not that i will ever b up in time for it lol
which one u think?
thanks again for everyones help
EB

greydread
04-01-2013, 10:15 AM
one last thing as now its between madejra or calypso unless davemaryland says how good castello is
madejra 45 a night 1 minute to action no pool
calypso 40 a night 5 mins to action nice big pool and breakfast included not that i will ever b up in time for it lol
which one u think?
thanks again for everyones help
EB

That will be up to you. I've stayed at both (and several others). The Madejra is right in the middle of the action which means that your comings and goings will be noticed and you will find yourself bumping into the regular street crowd whether you want to or not. (Dammit! Still can't space using 'enter' key!) The Calypso is directly across the street from one casa and a block and a half from another with a nice colmado situated right in between. Because of the bus stop there are many moto guys right across the street from the hotel to whiz you to and fro and you might be more comfortable bringing Chicas in and out of your place without being on Front Street about it. It really all depends on how you like to roll, personally I like a modicum of privacy which is why I prefer "The Palace" (Villa Florencia).

Hunter
04-01-2013, 10:18 AM
That will be up to you. I've stayed at both (and several others). The Madejra is right in the middle of the action which means that your comings and goings will be noticed and you will find yourself bumping into the regular street crowd whether you want to or not. (Dammit! Still can't space using 'enter' key!) The Calypso is directly across the street from one casa and a block and a half from another with a nice colmado situated right in between. Because of the bus stop there are many moto guys right across the street from the hotel to whiz you to and fro and you might be more comfortable bringing Chicas in and out of your place without being on Front Street about it. It really all depends on how you like to roll, personally I like a modicum of privacy which is why I prefer "The Palace" (Villa Florencia).

Grey ..you remmber when yahow said I think it was guttermeat got real good rates there. Ever look into how to get low rates there? Thnking of staying there if I could get deal.

SeaWeed
04-01-2013, 10:23 AM
I like a modicum of privacy which is why I prefer "The Palace" (Villa Florencia).
where on the map would ""The Palace" be located?

greydread
04-01-2013, 10:32 AM
Grey ..you remmber when yahow said I think it was guttermeat got real good rates there. Ever look into how to get low rates there? Thnking of staying there if I could get deal.

I've worked with both rental agencies there (one is Italian, the other Dominican) and I couldn't get the 1BR rate below $100/ day for a short stay but on the Dominican side they offered a monthly rate of $1,800 which I thought was more than worth it. Only problem is I can't leave for a month and if I could, I'd be having that conversation with an Indian Ocean property in Mtwapa or Dar Es Salaam. The time of year also has a lot to do with the price. I'll bet we could get in well below the century mark in September. At $150 for the 2BR the place is a great deal for road dogs who understand both the science and the art of the hobby.

greydread
04-01-2013, 10:37 AM
where on the map would ""The Palace" be located?

It's catty-corner from the Candy Shop and Calypso. Walking to the Calypso from El Batey you have to walk past it. http://villaflorencia.net/

essexboy
04-01-2013, 10:48 AM
Thanks for all the help
now got replies from castello 35 a night and el caucho 40 a night
suppose I will have to make my mind up lol
hunter will u b around again august September would b great to hang out again watch u perv at all the chicas lol

Hunter
04-01-2013, 10:53 AM
Thanks for all the help
now got replies from castello 35 a night and el caucho 40 a night
suppose I will have to make my mind up lol
hunter will u b around again august September would b great to hang out again watch u perv at all the chicas lol

Not sure yet on my late august trip....will let you know mate.

essexboy
04-01-2013, 10:56 AM
Not sure yet on my late august trip....will let you know mate.
Cheers mate hope so

davemaryland
04-01-2013, 04:38 PM
Essexboy - Maretti ( the only other BM here ) and me checked out the Castello and Calypso for you today. Have pics from both. Could post for you if needed, but I am on vacation now. We both like the Calypso and Maretti is thinking about moving for his last two nights. The Asst Manager said $45.00 a night for a 1 bed room unit. Posted at $48 AND Doble at 65. Airport pick up at $20 during the day. Should be a nice place to sleep during the day. Pool looked good and not far to walk at all. One small microwave down stairs you can use. Parking in front. Key safe.

Here at the Madejra is a great spot. Right at the action and beach. But noisy as shit. The street noise comes right through the walls. Trash truck comes early in the morning. Even the chica bitch. Guess that's my only big problem. Need a padlock for safe.

Next time it looks like the Calypso for me.

essexboy
04-01-2013, 06:37 PM
Essexboy - Maretti ( the only other BM here ) and me checked out the Castello and Calypso for you today. Have pics from both. Could post for you if needed, but I am on vacation now. We both like the Calypso and Maretti is thinking about moving for his last two nights. The Asst Manager said $45.00 a night for a 1 bed room unit. Posted at $48 AND Doble at 65. Airport pick up at $20 during the day. Should be a nice place to sleep during the day. Pool looked good and not far to walk at all. One small microwave down stairs you can use. Parking in front. Key safe.

Here at the Madejra is a great spot. Right at the action and beach. But noisy as shit. The street noise comes right through the walls. Trash truck comes early in the morning. Even the chica bitch. Guess that's my only big problem. Need a padlock for safe.

Next time it looks like the Calypso for me.

thanks so much for doing that dave
so if calypso is walking distance i will stay there as i like me sleep lol
thanks again EB