PDA

View Full Version : 04/2013 - Britannia Restaurant

Seville
04-05-2013, 10:56 AM
I was strolling the street one evening not knowing what I wanted to eat when I passed Britannia Restaurant. I hadn't eaten there in a while and I remembered that they are just about the only place I know where you can get mashed potatos with brown gravy. So I sat down and had dinner. Big portion of mashed potatos and nice hot gravy with my meal. Delicious. May not sound like much to you guys in NA that can have potatos and gravy whenever you want but it was a very nice treat for me.:smile:

TNT72
04-05-2013, 12:33 PM
I was strolling the street one evening not knowing what I wanted to eat when I passed Britannia Restaurant. I hadn't eaten there in a while and I remembered that they are just about the only place I know where you can get mashed potatos with brown gravy. So I sat down and had dinner. Big portion of mashed potatos and nice hot gravy with my meal. Delicious. May not sound like much to you guys in NA that can have potatos and gravy whenever you want but it was a very nice treat for me.:smile:

kiko and i ate there in january. they had a special that wasn't on the menu for the night. chicken with penne in an alfredo sauce. it was delicious1

SeaWeed
04-05-2013, 12:42 PM
hear ya......this winter mi was tired of rice and peas and french fries...and mashed potatoes are rarity on the J island.....
so mi went to the Seastar Inn buffet on one Saturday night since dem have mashed potatoes with gravy........
mi went back for more than one helping of the mashed........lol
and mi actually made mashed potatoes at the apt a couple times too........
but you know what......nobody sells gravy mix or canned gravy in Negril........nobody
you can make it Jamaican style.......but it's not da same
mi made a note to make sure mi bring back some packets of gravy next reach.......
kinda funny how we take a lot of things that wi have for granted in the states..........
Roberto needs his French Dressing and this guy needs his gravy.....lmao

el toro
04-05-2013, 05:31 PM
I love these random examples of things one might miss from N. America. I don't think I'll be thinking about mashed potatoes while I'm there in a few, but have always passed by Brittania and now at least I know that it's a decent spot to eat.

staratio
04-05-2013, 05:41 PM
most of the mashed potatoes you get in the states is from a mix, rare to find the real thing with lumps in it. Good ol Sysco feeding the world. Didn't know they grew papas in the DR.

BrooklynBeas
04-05-2013, 05:57 PM
I love these random examples of things one might miss from N. America. I don't think I'll be thinking about mashed potatoes while I'm there in a few, but have always passed by Brittania and now at least I know that it's a decent spot to eat.

I dont know why, but I never ate at this place.. I have heard nothing but good reviews.. Next trip I will give it a try..

I've said before, if I ever moved to DR permanently, I think I would miss NY pizza and bagels more then anything else...

jose1234
04-05-2013, 07:13 PM
They serve the food in the Coaches Corner Bar and I ordered a chicken sandwich from them last year which I still remember. Done well and large portion. mmmm mmmm good....

BrooklynBeas
04-05-2013, 07:26 PM
They serve the food in the Coaches Corner Bar and I ordered a chicken sandwich from them last year which I still remember. Done well and large portion. mmmm mmmm good....

Wait, so when I bought the rip off Green Bay Packers appetizer sampler from CC, the food came from Britania? If so, then I guess I kind ate there, but not really... I wouldnt get the sampler if I was in the Britania restaurant though... It wasnt bad, I think it was a couple chicken fingers, wings, garlic bread, onion rings and maybe 2 mozzarella sticks... Maybe one more ingredient but that could have been all of it... I think it was 400-500 pesos for the sampler, a little on the expensive side, but El Rey, Capt Bart, and I were drinkin and watching some NFL playoffs so we needed some grubb

bobbydrake
04-05-2013, 08:18 PM
I'm a big fan of Brittania. Great breakfast, great lunch and great dinner. The Belgian waffle with fried eggs on top of the waffle with a side of bacon....MONEY! But my favorite thing is the big fish sandwich. Giant piece of fried white fish on a bun with a ton of tarter sauce.....I'm all in

Tiger
04-06-2013, 03:34 PM
That's where we eat most often in the Su.

Great breakfast in the morning and really good fish and chips at night.

Fast service also.....................The same chica has been working there for at least 3 years now.

El-Rey
04-07-2013, 11:37 AM
I know my first few trips, we always stopped in as they had two gorgeous bartenders and an afternoon happy hour with great pina coladas. I may stop in soon to see if they still have those tasty beverages.

j_d66
04-07-2013, 04:59 PM
Never thought of this a pina colada type place.
Good info to know

Beer always seems to be cold

sporthobbyist
04-08-2013, 08:27 AM
Drdreamer, brought me there and food was great.

Festy
06-13-2013, 04:12 PM
The Brit has great breakfast too. I will generally have breakfast at Rocky's but occasionally go to Brit for a change. Last February we ate mostly at Midtown in Don Antonio's. Yes, large portions with reasonable prices. The owners are newer having taken over a couple years ago.

The BIG Breakfast in on!!! goodmorning!!!!!!
2 eggs, bacon or ham, homefries, fruit, toast and coffee for 125 pesos...plus FREE coffee refills with all breakfast till noon.
Just a reminder that we now close at 3pm on sundays and closed all day monday. Please drop in tuesday for our outstanding Meatloaf special.

deezl
06-13-2013, 04:29 PM
Britannia and Cafe Cubano are pretty much my two go-to restaurants in town.

el_papi_chew_low
12-21-2013, 03:50 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9g04iwPj0q8

Meyer Lansky
12-21-2013, 06:06 PM
Andy Graham, Hobo Traveler needs to be roughed up again, anybody know if he is still in Charamicos?
This guy is such a tool.

Post his video of a chica shampooing herself with a bucket, that at least has a little entertainment value.

Meyer Lansky
12-22-2013, 06:24 PM
Andy Graham, Hobo Traveler needs to be roughed up again, anybody know if he is still in Charamicos?
This guy is such a tool.

Post his video of a chica shampooing herself with a bucket, that at least has a little entertainment value.

Look at this filthy HOBO bastard, how much you think he pays her for a soapy off camera!

He pretends NOT to be a monger, I bet he gets as much Dominicana ass as any of you sucio fucks!

***Meant as a term of endearment!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eedtM9nz2os&feature=youtu.be

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eedtM9nz2os&feature=youtu.be

Festy
01-06-2014, 09:54 AM
When I was in Sosua in August I saw Andy everywhere I went. I can't remember who introduced him to me but I would run in to him at the beach, during the p.m. poon parade in front of Rockys and down by Suzanna's Restaurant and Plan B Bar...he got around for sure. He always seemed stressed out when I would see him but never mentioned anything being wrong although I don't know him well enough for that. Never saw him with anyone but he sure got around. He did mention a couple times he was on the way to see a client to shoot some commercials on video. When I was in Sosua last week I didn't see him once. I don't know much about the guy, he has never done anything against me nor for me, that's what I know. Just my 2 cents.

deezl
01-06-2014, 11:50 AM
Keeping this on topic of the Brit...

Fishburger!

Fuck yeah!

Mr. Smooth
01-06-2014, 02:03 PM
Keeping this on topic of the Brit...

Fishburger!

Fuck yeah!

And the fish fingers were great too. Had that for dinner a couple of times during my last visit and was full. Never have had a bad meal in there and if you are able to grab a table outside it is a great spot to watch the chicas walking past from the beach.

Sopranostingray and his wife are great hosts and their place is always in my rotation for lunch or dinner every few days.

Jimmydr
01-06-2014, 02:07 PM
Sopranostingray and his wife are great hosts and their place is always in my rotation for lunch or dinner every few days.

He owns the place?

Jimmydr
01-06-2014, 02:11 PM
And the fish fingers were great too. Had that for dinner a couple of times during my last visit and was full. Never have had a bad meal in there and if you are able to grab a table outside it is a great spot to watch the chicas walking past from the beach.

I had breakfast there a few times but I preferred Rockies since I could eat at the computer.