PDA

View Full Version : They think of every scam in the book

Gutter Meat
04-08-2013, 12:23 AM
From Sosua News

Officers of the National Police in the company of the prosecutor raided a house in Puerto Plata where they arrested red-handed a gang of counterfeiters. The gang was involved in falsifying bracelets which you can use in All Inclusive hotels to make use of all facilities for free. They sold the bracelets for 85 to 120 dollars to people interested. The gang was led by an American who currently resides in the USA.

Several hotels in Playa Dorada have been affected by these bracelets.

whynotme
04-08-2013, 02:26 AM
From Sosua News

Officers of the National Police in the company of the prosecutor raided a house in Puerto Plata where they arrested red-handed a gang of counterfeiters. The gang was involved in falsifying bracelets which you can use in All Inclusive hotels to make use of all facilities for free. They sold the bracelets for 85 to 120 dollars to people interested. The gang was led by an American who currently resides in the USA.

damn thats expensive:confused:

you could have just bought day passes cheaper. the braceltes expire every week with different colours etc so the most they would have gotten was 7 days of cheap rot gut watered down boozeand greasy fries and burgers:rolleyes:

Kevy
04-08-2013, 02:29 AM
From Sosua News

These guys should talk to Jimbo, who needs bracelets???

gdogg
04-08-2013, 05:33 AM

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

kevyboy's back from vacation with a new comedy routine!

hugrad95a
04-08-2013, 09:32 AM
From Sosua News

American in residing in the US they say. Hmmmmmmn. Lol

sopranostingray
04-08-2013, 11:25 AM
damn thats expensive:confused:

you could have just bought day passes cheaper. the braceltes expire every week with different colours etc so the most they would have gotten was 7 days of cheap rot gut watered down boozeand greasy fries and burgers:rolleyes:

They don't expire every week at all resorts. Casa Marina in Sosua always have the same colours. The colours depend on which tour operator you booked with. Either way, a band doesn't get you a room, so you can only drink, eat and use the facilities.

SeaWeed
04-08-2013, 11:49 AM
They sold the bracelets for 85 to 120 dollars to people interested.
$120US is a lot of money in the DR to go towards food and drinks....that's half a dozen meals and a lot of beers and drinks
mi think they got a likkle greedy and thus they got caught.....

Kevy
04-08-2013, 02:37 PM
:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

kevy's back from vacation with a new comedy routine!

Comedy is my basketball team getting injured for the week of the finals:mad:

sporthobbyist
04-08-2013, 02:52 PM
I doubt they were making them. Do you know how much an injection plastic molding machine costs??

They probably had staff steal the AI bracelets and they would sell them. They could not be great sellers.

all AI people are prepaid by a travel agent or online booking

so they are targeting non AI people. Mongers??? but most stay at regular hotels and paying 100+ for a bracelet just to eat and drink?

I bet they would get the staff to steal a few a week and they would sell them. News articles always blow shit out of proportion to make it sound better

gdogg
04-08-2013, 06:05 PM
Comedy is my basketball team getting injured for the week of the finals:mad:

Yep...I had all my money on your squad, the team to beat.

Kevy
04-08-2013, 07:49 PM
Yep...I had all my money on your squad, the team to beat.

I was glad not to win, having to make LBJ MVP hurts too much. My real concern would be lakers/heat final, how do you cheer for both teams to lose:rofl:

whynotme
04-08-2013, 07:55 PM
They don't expire every week at all resorts. Casa Marina in Sosua always have the same colours. The colours depend on which tour operator you booked with. Either way, a band doesn't get you a room, so you can only drink, eat and use the facilities.

cubais way ahead of them then as everday has a different colour
ie; white for checkins on tuesdays and for departure the next tuesday and they always change the colours regularly

gdogg
04-09-2013, 04:53 PM
I was glad not to win, having to make LBJ MVP hurts too much. My real concern would be lakers/heat final, how do you cheer for both teams to lose:rofl:

Well you won't have to worry about that. But if it did happen, you'd go for The Heat because you're supposed to hate Kobe Bryant more. I didn't know Lyndon Baines Johnson was still alive, let alone shooting pro hoops! :lol:

Kevy
04-09-2013, 04:55 PM
Well you won't have to worry about that. But if it did happen, you'd go for The Heat because you're supposed to hate Kobe Bryant more. I didn't know Lyndon Baines Johnson was still alive, let alone shooting pro hoops! :lol:
aww Gdoog LBJ?:confused::confused::confused:

How old are you???

gdogg
04-09-2013, 05:05 PM
aww Gdoog LBJ?:confused::confused::confused:

How old are you???

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

Old enough to know who LBJ is, also the rules of nicknames. Lebron Raymone James nickname (if based on initials) is LRJ. I know I'm being too technical, and some folks could argue the fact that his name is LeBron (with a capitalized "B"), but the "LBJ" thing annoys me. He IS having his greatest season though, one of the greatest ever. Last year I anointed Kevin Durant as the greatest basketball player in the world, but I have to retract that now.

This has the be the most massive thread jack in the history of this site. :corky:

Kevy
04-09-2013, 05:08 PM

Old enough to know who LBJ is, also the rules of nicknames. Lebron Raymone James nickname (if based on initials) is LRJ. I know I'm being too technical, and some folks could argue the fact that his name is LeBron (with a capitalized "B"), but the "LBJ" thing annoys me. He IS having his greatest season though, one of the greatest ever. Last year I anointed Kevin Durant as the greatest basketball player in the world, but I have to retract that now.

This has the be the most massive thread jack in the history of this site. :corky:

he goes by LBJ too and I am Canadian Granpa.:lol:

BrooklynBeas
04-09-2013, 05:59 PM

Didn't they say the gang is ran by an american guy that lives in the US.. BINGO, got your man!

Anyone have a large fish for sale? Just not large enough to sell as a large fish, or medium for that matter... It would have to have a small price tag but be big as possible without calling it large! LOL :)

Im just playin of course...

BrooklynBeas
04-09-2013, 06:05 PM
You guys dont worry too much about the Heat or Lakers... The Knicks will take care of all this... Can't stop, won't stop, legggoooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!

Irie
04-09-2013, 06:23 PM
Didn't they say the gang is ran by an american guy that lives in the US.. BINGO, got your man!

Anyone have a large fish for sale? Just not large enough to sell as a large fish, or medium for that matter... It would have to have a small price tag but be big as possible without calling it large! LOL :)

Im just playin of course...

(was waiting for that) :rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

JD426
04-09-2013, 06:28 PM
now now..

I think Mr Jimbo purchased his Wristband fair and square... with pesos..

ok, it was in the PERRO section of the Playero Supermercado , but he did "purchase" it ..

LOL

I should have been a lawyer...

BrooklynBeas
04-09-2013, 06:49 PM
(was waiting for that) :rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

If you didn't know by now, I bite my tongue for noone... I am and will always be ME!

If I can get the cheap shots and roll with the blow(s), why not throw a few of them myself, in a joking way of course... Same way it is directed towards me at times, or not... It's all in fun though, no? I never met the dude, so don't know him personally, and i'm sure he is a nice dude... Just remembered a past experience that was spoken about on here and that's what came to mind...

continentalmike
04-10-2013, 03:55 AM

Greatest of all time is still Wilt the Stilt in terms of impact on his contemporaries IMO...

The difficulty is always comparing different era's in any sport... in the end I found it best to judge by the impact they had when they were active.. goes for all sports:

Pele would have a difficult time now, but set the world on fire in his day, same might be said about Wilt, about Ali, about others