PDA

View Full Version : Dominican traffic among world’s 10 worst

ROVER
06-18-2013, 01:38 AM
From Dominican Today

It’s official: Dominican traffic among world’s 10 worst

http://www.dominicantoday.com/image/article/14/209x400/0/8C089D73-5EBE-4458-A46C-5FDCB4245B22.jpeg

Normal.
http://www.dominicantoday.com/dr/img/bits/blue-round-more.gifZoom Picture

Santo Domingo.- For the many people who’re sure Dominican Republic has the worst traffic problem, a World Health Organization report disclosed Wednesday confirms those fears.

The report, which named the world’s most dangerous roads based on the number of motor vehicles and with deaths per 100,000 people, ranked Dominican Republic among the world’s 10 worst places for motorists.
It noted the craziest and most aggressive taxi drivers, legions of moto-taxis zigzagging thorough speedy traffic and called the act of pedestrians who risk their lives just to cross a street, an art in itself.

That about sums it up ..:lol:

dquick
06-18-2013, 03:43 AM
Thanks Rover. This is confirmation that its not just me. I have been driving in the capital often as of late. The experience has left me with post tramatic stress syndrome.

Tingtong
06-18-2013, 03:47 AM
I am sure Thailand and India are amongst top 10 :mrgreen:

SrSuerte
06-18-2013, 09:28 AM
I just saw a guy on a moto with his face busted up on Highway 5 heading toward FOD. He was getting picked up off the ground when I was driving by. I have driven in a lot countries that are dangerous. I only do it when it is best for the plans that I make.

knotty
06-18-2013, 09:35 AM
I am sure Thailand and India are amongst top 10 :mrgreen:

I wonder how many asian countries are in that top 10?

JD426
06-18-2013, 11:01 AM
Traffic and Dangerous are 2 completely different things...
Russia is #1 in Dangerous, IMO ... just go to Youtube if you are bored one day You will be shocked at how crazy those people are,, and it usually involves innocent people getting mowed down, or getting hit from behind, large trucks doing crazy shit and improperly loaded and losing control , drunks walking right into traffic, parts flying off at high speed.. .. Read bad & deadly stuff.
Dominicans are NUTTY , but Ruskies are just Crazy. I never ever see shit like that in the DR, which imo is no different than driving in the South Bronx on a Hot sumnmer friday Night , but with NO traffic rules.
... aint no big thing, can be fun in fact.

XXX
06-18-2013, 06:42 PM
Dosn't look to bad to me ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,:rolleyes:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-f0x-8PTOPI

Corrado
06-18-2013, 09:11 PM
Traffic and Dangerous are 2 completely different things...
Russia is #1 in Dangerous, IMO ... just go to Youtube if you are bored one day You will be shocked at how crazy those people are,, and it usually involves innocent people getting mowed down, or getting hit from behind, large trucks doing crazy shit and improperly loaded and losing control , drunks walking right into traffic, parts flying off at high speed.. .. Read bad & deadly stuff.
Dominicans are NUTTY , but Ruskies are just Crazy. I never ever see shit like that in the DR, which imo is no different than driving in the South Bronx on a Hot sumnmer friday Night , but with NO traffic rules.
... aint no big thing, can be fun in fact.

I had no idea that Russian traffic was that bad. You have been very fortunate to never see that type of thing in the DR. I have seen bus drivers ram vehicles in front of them to move them out of the way, pedestrians get hit and get run over again when the car backed up, more than one bus overturned on a mountain, could not count the number of jackknifes, and pistols presented....... This report just confirms what I have seen for quite some time.

JD426
06-18-2013, 09:29 PM
Corrado, where you been ? Good to see you back here..

sporthobbyist
06-18-2013, 11:20 PM
Russian traffic is bad, at least it was mentioned in the latest Die Hard.LOL

How is Manila not the worst??? It is a cluster fuck that makes LA traffic look organized