PDA

View Full Version : 06/2013 - D.R. prostitution still in news

ROVER
06-20-2013, 06:54 PM
Tourists beware of taking part in prostitution, top prosecutor warns

From Dominican Today

http://www.dominicantoday.com/image/article/14/209x400/0/F10B5B68-0836-4E06-9350-6482C4AB348D.jpeg

Warning, hookers are everywhere...
http://www.dominicantoday.com/dr/img/bits/blue-round-more.gifZoom Picture

Santo Domingo. – Justice minister Francisco Domínguez on Thursday urged the Tourism Ministry to warn tourists against supporting, complicity with or connivance with prostitution businesses, sexual exploitation or pandering.

"We ask you take the pertinent steps with hotel operators and the sector tourism in general, to let them know of our policy concerning criminal cases of pimping and human trafficking, and practices regarding sexual exploitation," the official says in a letter to Tourism minister Francisco Javier Garcia.

To fight prostitution, Dominguez announced the creation this year of the Special Prosecutor for Migrants Smuggling and Trafficking in Persons, headed by Jonathan Baro, as part of a plan to prevent and prosecute the crime.

As a result of the work by that agency and by the provincial prosecutors, which have been trained for the task, several businesses have been closed recently in various regions, where their owners or managers have been indicted and jailed pending investigations.
Dominguez also hailed the Tourism Ministry’s collaboration in all efforts to prosecute the various forms of the exploitation of children.

DominicanBilly
12-02-2014, 05:04 PM
Haiti ranked third in global human slavery. It's no wonder why so many Haitian women are here in the Dominican Republic.
The Dominican Republic is ranked 132, the United States at 145 and Canada at 151.
Today, Tuesday 2 December 2014 in Vatican City, Pope Francis and Muslim, Jewish, Hindu, Buddhist and Christian leaders pledged to use their religions to help stamp out modern slavery and human trafficking by 2020.

Coincidentally, an editorial column today, Tuesday 2 December 2014, Nelson Rodriguez of Diario Libre comments that pro-Haitian campaigners are either "blind or cross-eyed" when ignoring widespread slavery in Haiti. Rodriguez comments that whoever calls Dominicans xenophobic or racist looks the other way when it's about Haiti. He mentions the Walk Free Foundation 2014 Global Slavery Index presents Haiti as third in the world in prevalence of modern slavery. Haiti is ranked third in the world behind Mauritania and Uzbekistan in identified slavery cases. The Dominican Republic is ranked 132nd of 167 countries.

The reason for the high ranking of slavery in Haiti is the prevalence of the restavek system. Children are sent to work for other families, usually because their own parents do not have the means to care for them. Many restavek children experience exploitation in the home of their caretakers, including forced domestic service, and chronic verbal, physical and sexual abuse.

The 2014 Global Slavery Index presents a ranking of 167 countries based on the percentage of a country's population that is estimated to be in modern slavery. This year it has also ranked countries based on what actions their governments are taking to end modern slavery.

http://www.eleconomista.es/empresas-finanzas/noticias/6294220/12/14/Pope-world-religious-leaders-pledge-to-fight-modern-slavery.html

http://www.globalslaveryindex.org/findings/

greydread
12-02-2014, 07:27 PM
What a bunch of bullshit. Human slavery is measured how? ...and the correlation to prostitution in countries where prostitution is legal is determined how? The USA response to this condition is rated near the top even though there are 50 million People enslaved by poverty...how does that work again?

There are 23 People in Iceland subjugated under modern day slavery according to the link. Why didn't they bother to name them? The Hoing game and "modern day slavery" are two completely different subjects in 2014.

Westy
12-02-2014, 07:32 PM
What a bunch of bullshit. Human slavery is measured how? ...and the correlation to prostitution in countries where prostitution is legal is determined how? The USA response to this condition is rated near the top even though there are 50 million People enslaved by poverty...how does that work again?

There are 23 People in Iceland subjugated under modern day slavery according to the link. Why didn't they bother to name them? The Hoing game and "modern day slavery" are two completely different subjects in 2014.

Blame is the name of the game ... and finding someone to shame-and-blame, of course.

DominicanBilly
12-02-2014, 07:50 PM

If being enslaved by poverty qualifies than a lot more Dominicans would qualify. I believe that the criteria they are using is "Restavec" and not forced prostitution. But if you were a child and abused as an indentured servant the transition to prostitution would be a small step I would think.

A restavec from the French language reste avec, "one who stays with" is a child who is sent by his or her parents to work for a host household as a domestic servant because the parents lack the resources required to support the child. Restavec may refer to any child staying with a host family, but usually refers specifically to those who are indentured.

In Haiti, parents unable to care for children may send them to live with more capable families; often their own relatives or friends. This is tolerated in Haitian culture, but not considered to be preferable. Often the relatives who host restavecs live in more urban areas. The children receive food and housing (and sometimes an education) in exchange for doing housework. However, many restavecs live in poverty, may not receive proper education, and may be abused.

greydread
12-02-2014, 10:33 PM
If being enslaved by poverty qualifies than a lot more Dominicans would qualify. I believe that the criteria they are using is "Restavec" and not forced prostitution. But if you were a child and abused as an indentured servant the transition to prostitution would be a small step I would think.

A restavec from the French language reste avec, "one who stays with" is a child who is sent by his or her parents to work for a host household as a domestic servant because the parents lack the resources required to support the child. Restavec may refer to any child staying with a host family, but usually refers specifically to those who are indentured.

In Haiti, parents unable to care for children may send them to live with more capable families; often their own relatives or friends. This is tolerated in Haitian culture, but not considered to be preferable. Often the relatives who host restavecs live in more urban areas. The children receive food and housing (and sometimes an education) in exchange for doing housework. However, many restavecs live in poverty, may not receive proper education, and may be abused.
I am familiar with this practice. It exists worldwide. Is starvation a reasonable alternative?

Westy
12-02-2014, 10:44 PM
I am familiar with this practice. It exists worldwide. Is starvation a reasonable alternative?

I grew up in 'relative poverty,' i.e. poor-but-proud, in Arlington, VA (inside the DC Beltway) - that is to say, I was 'poor' by local standards, but I was rich beyond the comprehension of the poor of the 'third world.' I mean, I went to bed, my own bed, with a full belly, I was adequately clothed, and I went to public schools that were rated "among the best in the USA" in the Fifties and Sixties, when I attended them.

But if I'd been born in Haiti, I think I'd have preferred 'reste avec' to death by starvation. Silly me - but then, I'm a man, a male with dangling sex-bits, not one of the "poor poor victims" (i.e. female) that are favored as the 'victims' of the Standard Narrative of Sex Trafficking Victimhood.

greydread
12-02-2014, 10:51 PM
I grew up in 'relative poverty,' i.e. poor-but-proud, in Arlington, VA (inside the DC Beltway) - that is to say, I was 'poor' by local standards, but I was rich beyond the comprehension of the poor of the 'third world.' I mean, I went to bed, my own bed, with a full belly, I was adequately clothed, and I went to public schools that were rated "among the best in the USA" in the Fifties and Sixties, when I attended them.

But if I'd been born in Haiti, I think I'd have preferred 'reste avec' to death by starvation. Silly me - but then, I'm a man, a male with dangling sex-bits, not one of the "poor poor victims" (i.e. female) that are favored as the 'victims' of the Standard Narrative of Sex Trafficking Victimhood.
Okay but that doesn't speak to my reality which is that to my knowledge, all the Women I've partied with chose that path. This is the reason why I have a tough time mixing the two subjects. I'm talking about Women I've known on 6 continents here.

michel3275
12-03-2014, 05:03 AM
Okay but that doesn't speak to my reality which is that to my knowledge, all the Women I've partied with chose that path. This is the reason why I have a tough time mixing the two subjects. I'm talking about Women I've known on 6 continents here.

Chose like choosing between a normal job to provide basic need for them and close ones or prostitute to have more stuff, money, clothes, phone etc..
Or willingly prostitute themselves because there's no other choice to either do it or starve.

Because i would never choose to suck your dick but if my kids were to die of starvation, i would probably do it or try to steel your money.

SeaWeed
12-03-2014, 09:01 AM
Chose like choosing between a normal job to provide basic need for them and close ones or prostitute to have more stuff, money, clothes, phone etc..
Or willingly prostitute themselves because there's no other choice to either do it or starve.

most countries mi been to.......it's the former......dem too lazy to get a real job and their taking the easy way out by being a hooker.......
though some tell mi they have no other choice cause their are no jobs and they don't want to starve......
but mi usually don't buy that chit since there are jobs......and they won't go out door knocking looking.......
most gurls rather sit around der board shack and smoke.......eat mangos.......and watch TV all day versus doing anything else.....cause dats what dem use to
and then there are the gurls that have had the jobs.....but find it's more suitable to grab $50US-$100US for a night with a stranger....than to work a whole week for dat money

PapiQueRico
12-03-2014, 09:15 AM
most countries mi been to.......it's the former......dem too lazy to get a real job and their taking the easy way out by being a hooker.......
though some tell mi they have no other choice cause their are no jobs and they don't want to starve......
but mi usually don't buy that chit since there are jobs......and they won't go out door knocking looking.......
most gurls rather sit around der board shack and smoke.......eat mangos.......and watch TV all day versus doing anything else.....cause dats what dem use to
and then there are the gurls that have had the jobs.....but find it's more suitable to grab $50US-$100US for a night with a stranger....than to work a whole week for dat money

You would think all of the really ugly women would be dead or at least really skinny.

MrHappy
12-03-2014, 09:18 AM
You would think all of the really ugly women would be dead or at least really skinny.

You'd be surprised at the women local men would pay for sex. Older gentlemen will pay a few hundred pesos for just about anything with a hole between it's legs.

You can survive on a few hundred pesos every day.

tgunz
12-03-2014, 09:30 AM
You'd be surprised at the women local men would pay for sex. Older gentlemen will pay a few hundred pesos for just about anything with a hole between it's legs.

You can survive on a few hundred pesos every day.

So would some of the mongers, look at some of the pics posted here.. :) What scares me to think about are the ones not posted here.... jajajajaj

greydread
12-03-2014, 10:58 AM

Because i would never choose to suck your dick but if my kids were to die of starvation, i would probably do it or try to steel your money.

They got started in their barrios sucking dicks for free. I represent an opportunity to earn money doing what they'd be doing for free. Sort of like professional athletes.

michel3275
12-03-2014, 12:24 PM
I agree that some of them are too lazy, and thats valid to whores all over the wold.
My answer to greydread was about ALL of them choosing to hang out with him, or you or me.
My question is if all these girls lived in a 1st wold environment, would they still all be doing this by choice.
I live with a 22 year old girl whos says she loves me and treats me like a normal boyfriend, and really makes me feel like she does.
But i perfectly know that if she was not here in the D.R. she wouldnt even look at me. In canada, by choice, she would be with a 25-30 year old guy, with a job, a car and some money.

MrHappy
12-03-2014, 12:42 PM
I agree that some of them are too lazy, and thats valid to whores all over the wold.
My answer to greydread was about ALL of them choosing to hang out with him, or you or me.
My question is if all these girls lived in a 1st wold environment, would they still all be doing this by choice.
I live with a 22 year old girl whos says she loves me and treats me like a normal boyfriend, and really makes me feel like she does.
But i perfectly know that if she was not here in the D.R. she wouldnt even look at me. In canada, by choice, she would be with a 25-30 year old guy, with a job, a car and some money.

Let me give you an example of how tough it is for a single mother here.

I am helping one of my employees set up a budget, because she says she never has money. Here's her numbers:

salario
$17,642.00

child support
$3,000.00

total
$20,642.00

Renta
$5,500.00

colegio
$1,300.00

Transporte
$1,000.00

atencion/comida nina
$3,000.00

Cable
$600.00

Mama
$2,000.00

compras super
$4,000.00

compra nina
$4,485.70

total gastos
$21,885.70

sobrante
($1,243.70)

So, she makes 20K a month, and her bills add up to almost 22K a month.

Looking at that budget, where do you cut?

michel3275
12-03-2014, 12:48 PM

I am helping one of my employees set up a budget, because she says she never has money. Here's her numbers:

salario
$17,642.00

child support
$3,000.00

total
$20,642.00

Renta
$5,500.00

colegio
$1,300.00

Transporte
$1,000.00

atencion/comida nina
$3,000.00

Cable
$600.00

Mama
$2,000.00

compras super
$4,000.00

compra nina
$4,485.70

total gastos
$21,885.70

sobrante
($1,243.70)

And she makes much more than the average single mother in the DR.

tgunz
12-03-2014, 12:53 PM

salario
$17,642.00

child support
$3,000.00

total
$20,642.00

Renta
$5,500.00

colegio
$1,300.00

Transporte
$1,000.00

atencion/comida nina
$3,000.00

Cable
$600.00

Mama
$2,000.00

compras super
$4,000.00

compra nina
$4,485.70

total gastos
$21,885.70

sobrante
($1,243.70)

And she is making good coin!! Most Chicas I know make less than 15, 000 usually 6000 pesos every two weeks. Working 6 days, about ten hours. The only way to do it is live with family. And pampers are expensive and even foods like platanos now.

XXX
12-03-2014, 02:17 PM
And she is making good coin!! Most Chicas I know make less than 15, 000 usually 6000 pesos every two weeks. Working 6 days, about ten hours. The only way to do it is live with family. And papers are expensive and even foods like platanos now.

My favorita makes 8000 Pesos every 2 weeks for 6 days x 9 hours ,,,,,,,,:icontd:

JDR
12-03-2014, 03:54 PM
My favorita makes 8000 Pesos every 2 weeks for 6 days x 9 hours ,,,,,,,,:icontd:

My 400 peso chica makes 9600 for my 8 days here and goes for a swim and is out in under 88 minutes.

DominicanBilly
12-03-2014, 04:07 PM

I am helping one of my employees set up a budget, because she says she never has money.

That is a very good wage for a Dominican woman. When I ran the Field of Dreams (2005 -7) as a part owner I paid higher than the norm for the maids, cooks and bartenders (all took turns at each job). At 9,000 pesos a month plus tips (maybe another 4,000 pesos) they were well paid compared to most of the workers across the road in the Playa Dorada complex.

A couple of the women I know (one 30 other 32) work as domestics. The one in Monte Llano (with one child) earns 1,500 pesos a week for 5 - 8 hour days a week (about 7,000 pesos a month). Her rent is 1,000 pesos a month so you can imagine those accommodations. The one living in Puerto Plata with three children (oldest 11 from a Swiss guy paying no support) earns 2,500 pesos a week for 6 -7 hour days (about 11,400 pesos a month). Her rent is 3,000 pesos a month.

Not an easy life here for single mothers, the single mothers in my home town in Canada are living in the lap of luxury buy comparison.

XXX
12-03-2014, 05:44 PM
My 400 peso chica makes 9600 for my 8 days here and goes for a swim and is out in under 88 minutes .

DAMN,,,,,,

That's a great price for you,,,,,,and good for her that she's in and out in 88 minutes,,,

But I certainly hope you give her the free lotion in the bathroom,,,,,,,,,

Because 80 minutes in the pool every day for 8 days can't be good for her skin,,,,,,,,,:rolleyes::rolleyes:,,,,:lol::lol:

osanhopps
12-03-2014, 06:38 PM
I have been reading a lot of the responses to this thread, and wonder what are we trying to accomplish? These women are going to do what they please to make money for their families. Nothing else needs to be said. On my way home from one of my trips to the DR and was waiting for my plane to board. I spoke with one of the food servers at a restaurant in the food court. She told me that she had a college degree and spoke perfect English. Then I asked her why was she working at the food court. And she explained to me, even with a college degree if you do not have a sponsor for a government job there you will be doing menial work. If you don't have a family with money, you are stuck with position like the one she has. And let's not forget she had a college degree. Then she pointed out other women working at the airport with the same credentials she had. And then I thought a prostitute was making more money than her. Then when I return to the DR I asked the women at the resort I was staying at in Punta Cana and asked them the same question I had asked the woman in the food court and got the same response. Yes they have jobs, yes they are respectable. But are they making a living NO. Most are still living at home, possibly taking care of a child from a dead beat dad and helping her mother and father out. Most of these women will take you home for that little extra money they will get from you. So we wish to blame the women, my brother's please grow up. It is not the woman's fault, it is the fault of the country. Once again we are complaining about how another country handles part of their population. Most of these women would leave if they had the chance. So before we criticize you need to ask yourself one question; Are You Willing To Help These Women? If not then enjoy your time there and move on. Most of us are there no longer than a week. Don't be a hypocrite, we are only there for one reason and one reason only. That is to have sex with these women, that what a monger does. And when we stop going how better off will the women be? Some opinions need to be kept to one self, because we wouldn't know about this problem if we didn't go to these country for the same reason we are complaining about the injustice they are perpetuating.

MrHappy
12-03-2014, 06:54 PM
I have been reading a lot of the responses to this thread, and wonder what are we trying to accomplish? These women are going to do what they please to make money for their families. Nothing else needs to be said. On my way home from one of my trips to the DR and was waiting for my plane to board. I spoke with one of the food servers at a restaurant in the food court. She told me that she had a college degree and spoke perfect English. Then I asked her why was she working at the food court. And she explained to me, even with a college degree if you do not have a sponsor for a government job there you will be doing menial work. If you don't have a family with money, you are stuck with position like the one she has. And let's not forget she had a college degree. Then she pointed out other women working at the airport with the same credentials she had. And then I thought a prostitute was making more money than her. Then when I return to the DR I asked the women at the resort I was staying at in Punta Cana and asked them the same question I had asked the woman in the food court and got the same response. Yes they have jobs, yes they are respectable. But are they making a living NO. Most are still living at home, possibly taking care of a child from a dead beat dad and helping her mother and father out. Most of these women will take you home for that little extra money they will get from you. So we wish to blame the women, my brother's please grow up. It is not the woman's fault, it is the fault of the country. Once again we are complaining about how another country handles part of their population. Most of these women would leave if they had the chance. So before we criticize you need to ask yourself one question; Are You Willing To Help These Women? If not then enjoy your time there and move on. Most of us are there no longer than a week. Don't be a hypocrite, we are only there for one reason and one reason only. That is to have sex with these women, that what a monger does. And when we stop going how better off will the women be? Some opinions need to be kept to one self, because we wouldn't know about this problem if we didn't go to these country for the same reason we are complaining about the injustice they are perpetuating.

No offense, but that simply is not true. Don't believe that line of crap.

I have hired thousands of people here. Not one of them got a job because they knew me. I had ads in the paper, they sent resumes, I picked candidates from those resumes, and they came in for an interview.

I had a turnover rate of 10% a month. In a company of 1800 employees with almost 100 in administration(the good jobs), do you think 180 people were hired each month because somebody "knew them"

Do you really think for one second everybody with a decent job "knew" somebody? Why are there classifieds full of job offers if only people "who know somebody" get jobs?

The only reason she says that because she has heard that "some friend" knew "somebody" and got a 40K a month job, and they don't even go to work, get great benefits, blah, blah...

Everybody that works in a shit job here says the same thing.

I'd love to hear what degree she has.

I am so sick of hearing that line here.

(end of rant)

michel3275
12-03-2014, 08:02 PM
I have been reading a lot of the responses to this thread, and wonder what are we trying to accomplish? These women are going to do what they please to make money for their families. Nothing else needs to be said.

You sure said alot altough nothing else needed to be said :wink:

greydread
12-03-2014, 10:09 PM

That said, are you making her life better or are you making it worse?

I think that we both know the answer so the "what if's" are superfluous.

greydread
12-03-2014, 10:14 PM
DAMN,,,,,,

That's a great price for you,,,,,,and good for her that she's in and out in 88 minutes,,,

But I certainly hope you give her the free lotion in the bathroom,,,,,,,,,

Because 80 minutes in the pool every day for 8 days can't be good for her skin,,,,,,,,,:rolleyes::rolleyes:,,,,:lol::lol:
The Garant has free lotion? Gott Dammit! I didn't get any. :mad:

michel3275
12-03-2014, 10:26 PM
That said, are you making her life better or are you making it worse?

I think that we both know the answer so the "what if's" are superfluous.
hmmm depends what day, im not the easiest person to live with. :lol:

greydread
12-03-2014, 10:28 PM
Are you worse than a jealous, broke ass Dominican who beats her ass every night and spends her money on Brugal?

Irie
12-03-2014, 10:38 PM

......or drink with for that matter. :p:biggrin:

michel3275
12-03-2014, 10:46 PM
Are you worse than a jealous, broke ass Dominican who beats her ass every night and spends her money on Brugal?

No i dont drink brugal wich is probably the cause of the 3 other things you mentionned. So i guess her life is better. :wink:
But you missed my point completly.
I know her life is better with me, here. Because her choices are limited.
But if she had the same choices women have where i'm from, i wouldnt even be considered an option.

If your sitting in your office on the third floor, jumping out the window would probably never cross your mind.
But what if the place is on fire and the only way out is that same window.
Going to sleep now. My 2 month vacations are over since monday.

greydread
12-03-2014, 10:48 PM
No i dont drink brugal wich is probably the cause of the 3 other things you mentionned. So i guess her life is better. :wink:
But if she had the same choices women have where i'm from, i wouldnt even be considered an option.

If your sitting in your office on the third floor, jumping out the window would probably never cross your mind.
Too much mind. Do what you can. Leave the rest.

ROVER
12-03-2014, 11:11 PM

michel3275 I get your point 100% and agree you probably would not even be an option she would consider in a different venue but don't feel like your exploiting her because remember one thing :

If she was in the U.S. , Canada , or Europe though you probably would not even be an option that same
" jealous, broke ass Dominican who beats her ass every night and spends her money on Brugal " would definitely still be a viable option to her so just remember you might very well just be saving her from herself.

Many of them upon coming here and having all the opportunities open to them and laid at there feet still choose to follow the same course they chartered for themselves back home on the island.

greydread
12-03-2014, 11:35 PM
michel3275 I get your point 100% and agree you probably would not even be an option she would consider in a different venue but don't feel like your exploiting her because remember one thing :

If she was in the U.S. , Canada , or Europe though you probably would not even be an option that same
" jealous, broke ass Dominican who beats her ass every night and spends her money on Brugal " would definitely still be a viable option to her so just remember you might very well just be saving her from herself.

Many of them upon coming here and having all the opportunities open to them and laid at there feet still choose to follow the same course they chartered for themselves back home on the island.
Yes Lawd.

It's why Pussy and brains don't fit in the same sentence.

michel3275
12-04-2014, 05:50 AM

I really dont feel that way. When i look at her ass fucking her doggy style, i'm really happy to be one of her best options and the only really thing i'm thinking a this moment, is where would be the nastiest part of her body to shoot my leche. :woohoo::bj1::facial:

greydread
12-04-2014, 09:34 AM
I really dont feel that way. When i look at her ass fucking her doggy style, i'm really happy to be one of her best options and the only really thing i'm thinking a this moment, is where would be the nastiest part of her body to shoot my leche. :woohoo::bj1::facial:

Trust me, if you didn't "deserve" it you wouldn't be getting it.

It's like wondering if she'd still like you if you grow a hump on your back or if you'd "deserve" a Rolls full of super model fun bunnies if you had a double platinum album out I mean what's the point? Just enjoy the ride, the champagne and all that Punani. It will all be over too soon anyway.

osanhopps
12-09-2014, 05:46 AM
No offense, but that simply is not true. Don't believe that line of crap.

I have hired thousands of people here. Not one of them got a job because they knew me. I had ads in the paper, they sent resumes, I picked candidates from those resumes, and they came in for an interview.

I had a turnover rate of 10% a month. In a company of 1800 employees with almost 100 in administration(the good jobs), do you think 180 people were hired each month because somebody "knew them"

Do you really think for one second everybody with a decent job "knew" somebody? Why are there classifieds full of job offers if only people "who know somebody" get jobs?

The only reason she says that because she has heard that "some friend" knew "somebody" and got a 40K a month job, and they don't even go to work, get great benefits, blah, blah...

Everybody that works in a shit job here says the same thing.

I'd love to hear what degree she has.

I am so sick of hearing that line here.

(end of rant)

Then I have one question for you; Are you a expat or a Dominican? Because you might offer a decent wage, but can that be said about everyone else? Because the woman that I have dated since 2006 left the DR for the same reason I stated. And I know she has a college degree & living in Albany NY now. So my line of crap comes from experience, not just what someone I met in a restaurant gives me. So rant heard but not accepted. This is a debate we shouldn't have even had, because we are not going to change the culture of this island anyway.

MrHappy
12-09-2014, 06:01 AM
Then I have one question for you; Are you a expat or a Dominican? Because you might offer a decent wage, but can that be said about everyone else? Because the woman that I have dated since 2006 left the DR for the same reason I stated. And I know she has a college degree & living in Albany NY now. So my line of crap comes from experience, not just what someone I met in a restaurant gives me. So rant heard but not accepted. This is a debate we shouldn't have even had, because we are not going to change the culture of this island anyway.

The wages my companies paid were the minimum for floor workers, and administration folks get a little more. In some of the factories, they were paid piece rates, which gave them extra money for extra effort and production.

FWIW, I would never hire somebody because they "knew somebody". Those are the ones who usually are not productive in the first place, and think they're "owed" a great salary.

They are also the ones who complain about free zone companies not paying well, and that's why they don't go there looking for a job. They give up before they start, just like the girl in the restaurant.

And to be honest, with all due respect, I think my 40 years of experience with thousands trumps your 8 years of one woman.

You are absolutely right about not changing the culture.

osanhopps
12-09-2014, 06:06 AM
The wages my companies paid were the minimum for floor workers, and administration folks get a little more. In some of the factories, they were paid piece rates, which gave them extra money for extra effort and production.

FWIW, I would never hire somebody because they "knew somebody". Those are the ones who usually are not productive in the first place, and think they're "owed" a great salary.

They are also the ones who complain about free zone companies not paying well, and that's why they don't go there looking for a job. They give up before they start, just like the girl in the restaurant.

And to be honest, with all due respect, I think my 40 years of experience with thousands trumps your 8 years of one woman.

You are absolutely right about not changing the culture.

You are talking about your company and not all of the DR. So time to stop this back & forth! I am done. I am planning my trip for March 2015 now. If you are around see in Sosua then!