PDA

View Full Version : 07/2013 - Dlatin

El-Rey
07-02-2013, 12:24 PM
Ive been away for a bit but I told everyone who has been on the ground that I will post this thread.

Be careful gentlemen. As one dude who got into an altercation at Dlatin and who watches a fight break out almost every other day,I warn all of you. There is a bottle cracked on someones head or a brawl at least every two days. This place is too crowded and too hot. Combine that with alcohol and it is nothing but a disaster.
They allow any hood rat and moto concho in there is no specific clientel. If you can afford a presidente then you are allowed in.

Just standing on the sidewalk you can feel the HEAT coming from inside. Not to say that you cannot have fun but just be aware of your surroundings. There is NO one group that has issues. Everyone, Gringo, Hatian and Dominican get into altercations. Something seems to always be going down at Dlatins.

jose1234
07-02-2013, 01:48 PM
Ive been away for a bit but I told everyone who has been on the ground that I will post this thread.

Be careful gentlemen. As one dude who got into an altercation at Dlatin and who watches a fight break out almost every other day,I warn all of you. There is a bottle cracked on someones head or a brawl at least every two days. This place is too crowded and too hot. Combine that with alcohol and it is nothing but a disaster.
They allow any hood rat and moto concho in there is no specific clientel. If you can afford a presidente then you are allowed in.

Just standing on the sidewalk you can feel the HEAT coming from inside. Not to say that you cannot have fun but just be aware of your surroundings. There is NO one group that has issues. Everyone, Gringo, Hatian and Dominican get into altercations. Something seems to always be going down at Dlatins.

Given the current political environment, one major violent altercation that makes the news could be a problem for the downtown area.

Alternatively, "The Spot" has a doorman regulating who comes in, air conditioning, good music and a pole for chicas to use for sexy dancing... I was there a few nights ago and had a good time drinking with the Coach.

Majicman
07-02-2013, 02:15 PM
Everyone, Gringo, Hatian and Dominican get into altercations. Something seems to always be going down at Dlatins.

And folks always seem to know when something is about to happen also. On my last trip, I was standing across the street talking to a chica and she tells me to look across the street. I look over at D'Latins and see nothing out of the ordinary and then a bunch of motoconchos mobbed inside looking for someone and the fight was on!

Mr. Smooth
07-02-2013, 03:35 PM
Not having been there for awhile and experienced the crowded and uncomfortable atmosphere that seems to be the norm at D'Latin's, does this make anyone here wish for the good old days of Classicos/ Merengue being the lead dog on Pedro regarding the nightlife?

Say what you will, but Classicos had security, air conditioning, the motos were waiting on the street and not going upstairs, potential trouble (at least in the times I was there) was handled quickly.

Yes, the cover did turn off some people, I questioned it as well. But...at the same time it probably discouraged the riff raff from going in on most occasions, and those who did go upstairs seemed to enjoy their time hanging with friends, chatting up chicas, dancing and drinking, listening to the music (which never seemed to be played at an ear blasting level) and leaving with their company of choice for the evening if they were so inclined. Overall, it could make for a very pleasant part of a night out.

Just curious whether others might feel this way. Thanks for the update El Rey. Looking forward to checking out the Spot next month and visiting with you and Balcoach again.

sopranostingray
07-02-2013, 05:02 PM
I'm with Smooth on this one.. I really miss Classicos. D'latin does nothing for me...it really sucks and Rumba is just ok, nothing special. We can easily bring Classicos back if everybody would just start going again when they are open.

Pac-Man
07-02-2013, 06:01 PM
Tidbit for newbies. Once the place shuts down, all entrances/exits are sealed and you have to make your way through the masses to a single exit up front.

obiwon
07-02-2013, 06:27 PM
I agree... support Classicos

MegasAv
07-02-2013, 07:10 PM
Agreed very hot, no restrictions on anyone entering stairways and paths clogged with people just hanging out , I was at Dlatin last week virtually every night and I witnessed three fights, and numerous requests from locals for drinks and pesos. Unfortunately this is the main spot where chicas converge so a necessary evil

davemaryland
07-02-2013, 08:18 PM
Not having been there for awhile and experienced the crowded and uncomfortable atmosphere that seems to be the norm at D'Latin's, does this make anyone here wish for the good old days of Classicos/ Merengue being the lead dog on Pedro regarding the nightlife?

I am with you Mr Smooth & Sopranostringray. I really miss having a few drinks in Merengue then heading upstairs with my chica for a little dancing. D'latin does nothing for me...it so damn loud, It's hard to even order a beer. Rumba is ok, if you are seating out front. but again nothing special.

When I was there in April. I took my chica to Merengue to have a few drinks and to remember the good old days , from past trips. Classico was closed then. That was one big thing, that I liked about Boca Chica. You could still take your chica to disco for dancing.

JD426
07-02-2013, 09:28 PM
Holy crap.. Dave Maryland POSTED .....
:thumbsup:

btw, your favorita in April, was a VERY CUTE..

did you notice how fast Security was all over that chica who busted the bottle over that older dudes head at Rumba..
they were on top of that shit in like 1.5 seconds..they then grabbed her, sandwiched her in between 2 cops on the moto, and she was gone gone...

In D'Latin... i think she would have walked right out or able to bullshit her way out,but thats just a guess.

davemaryland
07-02-2013, 09:43 PM
Holy crap.. Dave Maryland POSTED .....
:thumbsup:

Because it is time for another trip. I was thinking about doing a March - Boca Chica /April - Sosua TR. But time got away. Maybe this trip.

exoticspirit
07-02-2013, 10:11 PM
In many Asian mongering destinations, they have these higher priced, more exclusive venues where the riff raff are kept out and the girls are often of higher quality. Some guys, especially Asians, are willing to fork over the higher prices to be in more exclusive places with less potential trouble.

Maybe a similar place like that would work in Sosua if the more 'public' places start to get out of hand.

rahsta
07-02-2013, 10:33 PM
In many Asian mongering destinations, they have these higher priced, more exclusive venues where the riff raff are kept out and the girls are often of higher quality. Some guys, especially Asians, are willing to fork over the higher prices to be in more exclusive places with less potential trouble.

Maybe a similar place like that would work in Sosua if the more 'public' places start to get out of hand.

First you have to find high quality hoes, that know how to please a customer.

JayJet
07-02-2013, 10:52 PM

These places already exist in Sosua; Passions and CMP. :wink:

dquick
07-03-2013, 03:42 AM

:icontd::icontd::icontd:

dquick
07-03-2013, 03:46 AM

I know that is what the spot is trying to do. I plan to check it out, when I get to town.

It would also be good for classicos to reopen. I never complained about the 200 pesos entry fee. Much more expensive in any city. The key is to not charge the chicas, just guys. If the chicas get in free, the guy (with money) will follow. Simple business plan. Just don't get greedy and start charging the chicas too.

El-Rey
07-03-2013, 08:47 AM
Agreed very hot, no restrictions on anyone entering stairways and paths clogged with people just hanging out , I was at Dlatin last week virtually every night and I witnessed three fights, and numerous requests from locals for drinks and pesos. Unfortunately this is the main spot where chicas converge so a necessary evil

As I explained to a few gentlemen, This is because guys are chasing the chicas. WE as men control where the chicas go. On two occasions I had guys stand on the corner dancing and singing then walk into classicos. The whole Dlatin cleared out. Girls follow the guys. Some guys are too busy chasing the girls. Classico can be open and be back to normal if WE wanted it to be.

Shogun Warrior
07-03-2013, 09:41 AM
[/YELLOW]

As I explained to a few gentlemen, This is because guys are chasing the chicas. WE as men control where the chicas go. On two occasions I had guys stand on the corner dancing and singing then walk into classicos. The whole Dlatin cleared out. Girls follow the guys. Some guys are too busy chasing the girls. Classico can be open and be back to normal if WE wanted it to be.

MORE......................BECAUSE WE HAVE THE FUCKING MONEY AND THE MONEY IS MORE VALUABLE THAN THE PUSSY!!! SOME FUCKERS JUST DON'T GET IT!!

MrHappy
07-03-2013, 10:37 AM
I know that is what the spot is trying to do. I plan to check it out, when I get to town.

It would also be good for classicos to reopen. I never complained about the 200 pesos entry fee. Much more expensive in any city. The key is to not charge the chicas, just guys. If the chicas get in free, the guy (with money) will follow. Simple business plan. Just don't get greedy and start charging the chicas too.

I don't see the problem with charging guys the cost of a drink to enter, then getting a drink for free. THAT keeps the riff raff (and cheap charlies) out.

There was always too many "cheap thrills" guys in Classico when I went.

JD426
07-03-2013, 11:03 AM
MORE......................BECAUSE WE HAVE THE FUCKING MONEY AND THE MONEY IS MORE VALUABLE THAN THE PUSSY!!! SOME FUCKERS JUST DON'T GET IT!!

But its because Sosua had reached a tipping point... couple of us alluded to it in other threads... The weekened dudes ( i wont use WW any more cuz guys here get pissed) the weekeneders, they LOOK for where the chicas are and then GO AND SIT THERE, and even buy them drinks. .. it used to be the guys go sit and girls come to them ( Merengue and other ,but merengue is by far the best example) .
..they would ALWAYS make their rounds and come to you, it was like a NON STOP PARADE at Merengue, remember ? if you did video and sped it up, you would laugh your ass off at how the chicas WORKED the floor and up those stairs to classicos..
But somehow these dudes NOW think they have to go to the chicas. and whoever the owners of D'Latin are, SAW this "trend" and Capitalized on it, and they dont even have to provide A/C, thats how foolish these dudes are.. it coincided with Classicos remodeling, but IMO it was by coincidence.
thats an over simplification, but how i see it.

theheights718
07-03-2013, 12:21 PM
I've said it once, I'll say it again and again! They are trying to hard to cater to the tourist/urban/ny crowd!!!!!! :mad::mad:

Very simple...
---Play more Spanish music (that hip hop shit pisses me off as I traveled 1500 miles to leave it back home)...(wanted to slap the dj when he asked me for a tip to play spanish music...REALLY!!!!:mad::mad:
---Move out half of the chairs & tables...(more space for people to move about...and I absolutely hate VIP...but whatever, that area can stay I guess :rolleyes:)

You get the chicas dancing...which in turn gets the guys dancing & enjoying the view of hip swinging (instead of them sitting there bored out their mind)...which in turn gets the drinks flowing...(no more problems cause everyone is pre-occupied) And easier to build a lil rapport that way.

***Charge 100 pesos to get in if need be (but not really needed)

Guaranteed to be the best spot on the north coast.....

++++Why dont we all just one day walk across the street and demand them to open classicos. Yeah, we may follow the chicas...but really the chicas follow the money. If 20 guys just up and left dlatins to go to classicos if they opened...best believe the chicas will follow.

Seville
07-03-2013, 12:29 PM
You get the chicas dancing...which in turn gets the guys dancing & enjoying the view of hip swinging (instead of them sitting there bored out their mind)...which in turn gets the drinks flowing...(no more problems cause everyone is pre-occupied) And easier to build a lil rapport that way.

I couldn't agree more with this one. I want to see chicas shaking their ass and they shake their ass to Latin music.

BrooklynBeas
07-03-2013, 04:39 PM
I've said it a million times, if it wasn't for my friends and people I meet in Sosua, I would never go back... The WEEKEND WARRIORS, yeah I said it, don't know who gets mad about that but I don't care, the WW's are out of control! It's worse then it's ever been there... There is no reason a chica should act like a stuck up bitch when someone tries to pick them up and PAY for it! (how the fuck is Roseanna gonna play PAC-Man when he tries to get a session with her?!? That's evidence right there that shit is all fucked up now... They are that spoiled that they can turn away dudes before even negotiating? That bitch didn't even know if Pacman was a 100 dollar sucker... Ok he isn't but she didn't know it by looking at him! Last trip, we were about 10 deep at winners circle and they are playing hip hop all night... I asked Mike, the DJ, who I know for about 10 years now, if he can play a few bachata songs for me.. He tells me, I will get in trouble if I play bachata... WHAT!?!? I talked him into it after I told him we are 10 deep and I know him for all these years and he can't let me feel like I'm in DR for 15 minutes... He wound up playing about 4 songs I requested, then he goes back to Rick Ross... Back in the day, you would hear bachata for an hour before they played 1 or 2 Notorious BIG songs, then back to tipico or merengue... I love hip hop, I am counting down till my Samsung Galaxy 3 gets the Jay-Z album in a few hours, which i downloaded the app for free at 6am the morning it came out, just to guarantee i get the album 3 days before it releases, but in DR I wanna hear DR music! There are, as far as I know, ZERO places in Sosua that play bachata music more then hip hop...

exoticspirit
07-03-2013, 05:08 PM

Maybe not exclusive enough because of no-cover to get in. Then again, when I went to Passions, I didn't see any riff raff inside ...

BrooklynBeas
07-03-2013, 05:12 PM
Maybe not exclusive enough because of no-cover to get in. Then again, when I went to Passions, I didn't see any riff raff inside ...

Last time I was there in January, the small presidente beers were 130 pesos, that alone is like charging a cover... Even the guys that don't plan on paying the price of a chica aren't gonna hang out for long with the price of drinks being so high...

Nakom
07-03-2013, 05:16 PM
I've said it a million times, if it wasn't for my friends and people I meet in Sosua, I would never go back... The WEEKEND WARRIORS, yeah I said it, don't know who gets mad about that but I don't care, the WW's are out of control! It's worse then it's ever been there... There is no reason a chica should act like a stuck up bitch when someone tries to pick them up and PAY for it! (how the fuck is Roseanna gonna play PAC-Man when he tries to get a session with her?!? That's evidence right there that shit is all fucked up now... They are that spoiled that they can turn away dudes before even negotiating? That bitch didn't even know if Pacman was a 100 dollar sucker... Ok he isn't but she didn't know it by looking at him! Last trip, we were about 10 deep at winners circle and they are playing hip hop all night... I asked Mike, the DJ, who I know for about 10 years now, if he can play a few bachata songs for me.. He tells me, I will get in trouble if I play bachata... WHAT!?!? I talked him into it after I told him we are 10 deep and I know him for all these years and he can't let me feel like I'm in DR for 15 minutes... He wound up playing about 4 songs I requested, then he goes back to Rick Ross... Back in the day, you would hear bachata for an hour before they played 1 or 2 Notorious BIG songs, then back to tipico or merengue... I love hip hop, I am counting down till my Samsung Galaxy 3 gets the Jay-Z album in a few hours, which i downloaded the app for free at 6am the morning it came out, just to guarantee i get the album 3 days before it releases, but in DR I wanna hear DR music! There are, as far as I know, ZERO places in Sosua that play bachata music more then hip hop...

If you just want a cold beer and to relax with some bachata and a few good looking bartenders try C'est la Vie bar across from Bailey's resturant.

BrooklynBeas
07-03-2013, 05:45 PM
If you just want a cold beer and to relax with some bachata and a few good looking bartenders try C'est la Vie bar across from Bailey's resturant.

Thanks... Never hung out there, passed by with Tarzan last year and did a shot and left... First time I heard the line, ariba, abajo, aldentro, alcentro, or some shit like that... Lol

philly519
07-03-2013, 05:59 PM

soo true last time i was in sosua i seen 2 girls get bottled and another one take a chair to the head

leave d latin to the locals

BrooklynBeas
07-03-2013, 08:59 PM
soo true last time i was in sosua i seen 2 girls get bottled and another one take a chair to the head

leave d latin to the locals

Sounds like a place I really wanna hang at on vacation when I'm trying to get away from every day worries and relax... I can't wait to get back there..yeah, sure, right.... What is it PQR, Irie, Toro, Drworld, 58 or 59 days... Not like I'm counting or anything... I need Medellin to come fast!!!

natmatt
07-03-2013, 10:45 PM
After hearing all of this, I am glad I started going to Santiago........

There are numerous clubs there that play a nice mix of music, the discos
are always packed, and you can even smoke hookah if you are into it...........

Skynyrd
07-04-2013, 06:09 AM
Last time I was in Sosua I hung out at DLatins with Irie and the place was elbow to elbow, couldn't make a turn without bumping into someone:icontd:
The sweat was pouring off me from the heat and I kept waiting for a fight to break out.

The next night I went to The Spot and found my new place, especially during the summer months, Ice cold AC, mild crowd and I gotta say some of the best looking bar maids in Sosua :mrgreen:

Sidney
07-04-2013, 09:07 AM
Last time I was there in January, the small presidente beers were 130 pesos, that alone is like charging a cover... Even the guys that don't plan on paying the price of a chica aren't gonna hang out for long with the price of drinks being so high...
Are you paying attention, Why Nobody Likes You(the advocate of high prices for cerveza at the bars)? Btw, the current price of a grande is 110 pesos! Thanks to the Monger pressure and Econ 101 !:smile::smile::smile::smile::smile:

MrHappy
07-04-2013, 10:02 AM
Are you paying attention, Why Nobody Likes You(the advocate of high prices for cerveza at the bars)? Btw, the current price of a grande is 110 pesos! Thanks to the Monger pressure and Econ 101 !:smile::smile::smile::smile::smile:

Why do you say nobody likes Beas??

BrooklynBeas
07-04-2013, 10:58 AM

I think that was a joke, being that I mess with him every now and then.... Kinda like the Weyland-Roberto battles... Or maybe he is just getting old and senile which is not out of the question... as far as I know, no one ever told me that someone that met me doesn't like me, in terms of mongers or guys in DR.. But hey, if it is true, I will try my best to get through the day... Lol

JD426
07-04-2013, 11:14 AM

I spit out my coffee.. I dont know whats funnier,, what Sidney says sometimes, or Beas taking an extra 3 seconds to catch on ...

dr1lvr
07-04-2013, 12:27 PM
Why Nobody Likes You = WNM:confused:

theheights718
07-04-2013, 12:34 PM

The funny thing is, the WW's would have a even better time if the clubs didnt try to cater to the nonsense. Wonder what it would take for people to realize what a difference to have happy chicas enjoying the club as well beside having the same look we have when we on our way to work back in the states!!!!!!!!!!!! Ahhh, fuck, monday again...fuck me...more paperwork!!!! :rolleyes:

And they would get in trouble if they play bachata...that must be the dumbest thing I ever heard. Even spanish clubs in NY play a mix of music! :mad:

MrHappy
07-04-2013, 01:19 PM
I spit out my coffee.. I dont know whats funnier,, what Sidney says sometimes, or Beas taking an extra 3 seconds to catch on ...

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

Mr. Smooth
07-04-2013, 03:24 PM
So what about the chicas themselves? Do they actually like hanging out at D'Latin's, asshole to elbow, hot and sweaty with no room to move around? Or are they there simply because there is no cover, and thats the place where the gringos go to for the same reason?

I personally love to see the ladies dancing and moving their bodies, eyeballing those curves as they flaunt what they got. To me, it's all part of the show. I don't want to be denied that pleasure. And with latin music being played, it gets them up and moving, they can't help it! I see them dancing on the sidewalk in front of a colmado because of the bacchatta or merengue music coming out of there.

I don't see a poll yet for who's going to be there in August, but if there are a bunch of us there at that time, maybe 7-10 of us for example, lets all grab a chica from one of the other bars and head for those stairs, providing it's open, and cause everyone to wonder why those guys and chicas are going to Classicos. Curiosity will take over.

Besides, I have a history of clearing the bars and sidewalks out of chicas and following me down the street like a pied piper. At one time, they all thought I was the Devil. :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

MisterPink
07-04-2013, 03:45 PM
I've said it once, I'll say it again and again! They are trying to hard to cater to the tourist/urban/ny crowd!!!!!! :mad::mad:

You know it is really OK to just say, "Black guys from New York" these days!
You seem to harbor a lot of anger, perhaps a sitdown with Willie might fix things at d'Latin Drink?

amigo chalky

ezsmile
07-04-2013, 05:04 PM
So what about the chicas themselves? Do they actually like hanging out at D'Latin's, asshole to elbow, hot and sweaty with no room to move around? Or are they there simply because there is no cover, and thats the place where the gringos go to for the same reason?

I personally love to see the ladies dancing and moving their bodies, eyeballing those curves as they flaunt what they got. To me, it's all part of the show. I don't want to be denied that pleasure. And with latin music being played, it gets them up and moving, they can't help it! I see them dancing on the sidewalk in front of a colmado because of the bacchatta or merengue music coming out of there.

I don't see a poll yet for who's going to be there in August, but if there are a bunch of us there at that time, maybe 7-10 of us for example, lets all grab a chica from one of the other bars and head for those stairs, providing it's open, and cause everyone to wonder why those guys and chicas are going to Classicos. Curiosity will take over.

Besides, I have a history of clearing the bars and sidewalks out of chicas and following me down the street like a pied piper. At one time, they all thought I was the Devil. :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

This restaurant in Sosua was made for you!

http://news.insearchofchicas.org/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=79435&d=1372971710

j_d66
07-05-2013, 12:45 AM
There are, as far as I know, ZERO places in Sosua that play bachata music more then hip hop...

What about El Flow? Way more Bachata happening there than hip hop.
There are only one or two nights a week that the out of control young drunk dominican men invade the place otherwise there is plenty of Bachata to be heard there.

The Dj at el toro or Del toro whatever you call it will play requests as well. At least he used to.
But I agree I like the Dominican style music much better as well.

What I find about DLatin is it can be pretty fun a little earlier in the night before it gets to packed or nights other than Saturday. They seem to play alot of older songs and a good mix of dominican music as well a little earlier. When it gets to full or to hard core hip hop I just head somewhere else.

No Worries
07-05-2013, 01:32 AM
There are only one or two nights a week that the out of control young drunk dominican men invade the place otherwise there is plenty of Bachata to be heard there.

This is EACTLY what I was thinking after reading some of the responses. WHY DONT YOU GO TO EL FLOW! You can hear all the bachata and merengue you want! Or better yet, take the chica to your room and blast Spanish music all night on your laptop!

jose1234
07-05-2013, 08:20 AM
I have been to all the bars and had a great time in all of them. DLatin is ok with me and serves its purpose. Although I did not go there often, Classico's is missed... We need to be comfortable where we can invite chicas to sit with us, see chicas shaking their asses in front of us, grinding on our laps and pulling us on to the dance floor to act silly and laugh once in a while...

JuanElGriego
07-05-2013, 10:39 AM
The funny thing is, the WW's would have a even better time if the clubs didnt try to cater to the nonsense. Wonder what it would take for people to realize what a difference to have happy chicas enjoying the club as well beside having the same look we have when we on our way to work back in the states!!!!!!!!!!!! Ahhh, fuck, monday again...fuck me...more paperwork!!!! :rolleyes:

And they would get in trouble if they play bachata...that must be the dumbest thing I ever heard. Even spanish clubs in NY play a mix of music! :mad:

Winner's Circle is NOT a "Spanish club" or even a club. It's a small bar in a tourist town and part of its business model is appealing to customers who enjoy sitting and listening to hip-hop music by playing such songs and videos.

The barmaids saying they'd "get in trouble" if they played more latin music is not "stupid" because they have orders from their bosses NOT to because that strays from the bar's theme which is hip-hop.

Some guys go to DR and want to really feel like they're in DR so they go to places where they can hear bachata or merengue. Other guys go to DR and enjoy listening to the music they listen to back home but with the added bonus of being surrounded by the ladies. Others could be in a bar in DR playing Chinese music and it wouldn't matter to them so long as the honies were around. It's an individual decision and there's no right or wrong one.

You have every right to say you don't want to listen to hip-hop in DR but then you don't have to go to any spot that makes a point of playing it. There's lots of places that don't. But for guys to moan about Winner's Circle not playing enuf latin music is like going to a porn theatre and complaining they don't play action flicks.

MrHappy
07-05-2013, 10:51 AM
Winner's Circle is NOT a "Spanish club" or even a club. It's a small bar in a tourist town and part of its business model is appealing to customers who enjoy sitting and listening to hip-hop music by playing such songs and videos.

The barmaids saying they'd "get in trouble" if they played more latin music is not "stupid" because they have orders from their bosses NOT to because that strays from the bar's theme which is hip-hop.

Some guys go to DR and want to really feel like they're in DR so they go to places where they can hear bachata or merengue. Other guys go to DR and enjoy listening to the music they listen to back home but with the added bonus of being surrounded by the ladies. Others could be in a bar in DR playing Chinese music and it wouldn't matter to them so long as the honies were around. It's an individual decision and there's no right or wrong one.

You have every right to say you don't want to listen to hip-hop in DR but then you don't have to go to any spot that makes a point of playing it. There's lots of places that don't. But for guys to moan about Winner's Circle not playing enuf latin music is like going to a porn theatre and complaining they don't play action flicks.

You can't make it much clearer than that.

I used to have the same problem in my nightclub. People would come in and ask me why I don't play latin music.. in a techno/rock club.:rolleyes::rolleyes:

tonymd
07-05-2013, 01:36 PM
[QUOTE]

Very simple...
---Play more Spanish music (that hip hop shit pisses me off as I traveled 1500 miles to leave it back home

[QUOTE]

Totally agree with you on this, do they really think the majority of Americans take their que from the urban/ny crowd!!!!!! Its killing the scene

theheights718
07-05-2013, 02:23 PM

Of course it sounds stupid. Besides the music being played, what other signs are there that this is a Hip Hop themed "bar". Anyone from the outside looking in is like what you mean you cant play spanish music ...that sounds crazy. Yeah you can make a lil quick money on the weekend...but for the most part, this place is empty with the barmaids looking out in the street like their puppy died. If the chicks were up and dancing like they do to spanish music...then I wouldn't have as much of a complaint. And going to other spots is the right idea, but the chicks follow the money & unless I go to cabarete, santiago or Pto pta..there are not many good options in sosua.

But like you said...its all in preference of the individual.

And Chalky,

You cant truly say Black guys from NY cause its really the younger crowd (of any race) from the big cities in the states...not just NY. I'm black & from NY...so I know there is a big difference. More of a like a rap video mentality.
And I have no anger...more disappointment as I know what would work better. The owners don't really care cause they are getting their money at the end of the night anyway. Some people rather just point & click with their chicks(sitting there looking bored out her mind) and thats cool....but I know most would rather otherwise. Like it used to be.

JD426
07-05-2013, 02:29 PM
When I walk down Pedro, I dont "expect" the Bars to play Led Zeppelin,Doors, CSNY, The Who, Stones, or whatever classic Rock I Enjoy, and quite Frankly I would be embarassed to ASK them to play it... just saying.. you guys can make all the excuses you want, but the fact remains that the scene on Pedro has been "changed", better or worse depends on your interpretation.. and NO the chicas do NOT like "our" music, they certainly love the Pop stuff Like Rihanna & other DANCE music etc. but if you think you are going to impress them with some ROCK, or Hip Hop. They just playing along, but they dont like it, not one bit. They like the $$benjamins that comes with it, thats about it. I remember how EMPTY the dance floor was at Classicos, and how instantly FULL it was when some Dominican music came on. Its not that long ago now, try to think back.

DCIronman
07-05-2013, 03:10 PM
When I walk down Pedro, I dont "expect" the Bars to play Led Zeppelin,Doors, CSNY, The Who, Stones, or whatever classic Rock I Enjoy, and quite Frankly I would be embarassed to ASK them to play it... just saying.. you guys can make all the excuses you want, but the fact remains that the scene on Pedro has been "changed", better or worse depends on your interpretation.. and NO the chicas do NOT like "our" music, they certainly love the Pop stuff Like Rihanna & other DANCE music etc. but if you think you are going to impress them with some ROCK, or Hip Hop. They just playing along, but they dont like it, not one bit. They like the $$benjamins that comes with it, thats about it. I remember how EMPTY the dance floor was at Classicos, and how instantly FULL it was when some Dominican music came on. Its not that long ago now, try to think back.
Hmm. Well, don't know about Rock, but most of the dominicanas I've met like at least some mainstream hip hop. And quite a few, especially the younger ones, have more hip hop in their playlists than I do. And I grew up on it.

And it's makes sense that it would be so. Hip hop is reggaeton's cool Uncle. The artists come from the same culture. So its much easier for young Latinos to relate to than other forms of NA music.

Trust me, the chicas aren't pretending. The youngins there have been imitating hip hop and urban culture for years. It's only natural that they gain an appreciation for the music.

I'll never forget lil' Anna from the PoP crew riding me to Lil Wayne's "Like a Cop Car", and singing in mish mash English. When I laughed at her, she said "I no unnastand English. Pero me gusta." It was on her MP3 player, as I'm not really a fan of Wayne's music. But, I gotta admit, I think of that toto every time I hear that song now.

rahsta
07-05-2013, 03:21 PM

This does not only apply to music.

Mr. Smooth
07-05-2013, 03:32 PM

Judge, you can still hear a lot of those singers/groups at Bar Central. They play a lot of VH1 Classic, mostly 70's and 80's stuff. Sometimes I have gone in there for a beer or two even if there happened to be a lack of chicas at the time and just sat at the bar and watched the videos and listen to the songs. You might hear John Mellencamp followed by Billy Ocean then Madonna, then the Stones, then a 1 hit wonder, etc. True, you might sit next to some drunk German trying to make conversation, "Vee Germans makes zee best beers in zee vorld. You Amereekans makes zee vurst. Yah" Of course, you have others who sit with a glum look on their faces, obviously still pissed about losing two big ones last century, so it all equals out. :corky:

BrooklynBeas
07-05-2013, 03:58 PM

The Dj at el toro or Del toro whatever you call it will play requests as well. At least he used to.
But I agree I like the Dominican style music much better as well.

What I find about DLatin is it can be pretty fun a little earlier in the night before it gets to packed or nights other than Saturday. They seem to play alot of older songs and a good mix of dominican music as well a little earlier. When it gets to full or to hard core hip hop I just head somewhere else.

You're right about el flow, I like their music but it's allegedly not too safe.. Rumor is there are firearms on lots of Dominicans in there... I still like it, and like most of the music, but you also have to be a little careful picking up chicas in there cause a lot of Dominican couples come in there to hang out... I've had some dirty looks but never more then that looking at some girls in there... I also had one of my Dominican friends talk to a Chica in there for me, without me knowing, she was with her man and I made a comment to him like "damn she is hot"... He went to the bathroom, stops at the table and whispers (loudly) in her ear that I wanna fuck her... She didn't take it the wrong way cause her man is probably her chulo also.. But it was uncomfortable.

BrooklynBeas
07-05-2013, 04:20 PM
Of course it sounds stupid. Besides the music being played, what other signs are there that this is a Hip Hop themed "bar". Anyone from the outside looking in is like what you mean you cant play spanish music ...that sounds crazy. Yeah you can make a lil quick money on the weekend...but for the most part, this place is empty with the barmaids looking out in the street like their puppy died. If the chicks were up and dancing like they do to spanish music...then I wouldn't have as much of a complaint. And going to other spots is the right idea, but the chicks follow the money & unless I go to cabarete, santiago or Pto pta..there are not many good options in sosua.

But like you said...its all in preference of the individual.

And Chalky,

You cant truly say Black guys from NY cause its really the younger crowd (of any race) from the big cities in the states...not just NY. I'm black & from NY...so I know there is a big difference. More of a like a rap video mentality.
And I have no anger...more disappointment as I know what would work better. The owners don't really care cause they are getting their money at the end of the night anyway. Some people rather just point & click with their chicks(sitting there looking bored out her mind) and thats cool....but I know most would rather otherwise. Like it used to be.

Thank you "theheights718",

Chalky, there was no need to make this shit racial or to try to imply something that was not meant... If we really wanna do that, we can look at some stats in regards to record sales or hip hop music, or the audience in a hip hop concert... For instance, I was at the Yankee stadium Jay-Z/eminem concert... I would estimate that about 90 percent of the crowd was white if not more then that.. So urban/hip hop ain't a "black thing", it's a culture that I can honestly say I love! By the way, I'm white, grew up in Canarsie Brooklyn, hung out mostly in either Starrett City or East New York, mostly near the projects on cozine ave.. not trying to prove anything but it is what it is and it ain't what you are saying... The urban crowd which likes hip hop would still patronize these bars if the music was changed up every so often.. Especially if the hookers are hanging out and the barmaids are hot... Anyway, off topic... What is the topic, as I said I love hip hop.. I just wanna hear Dominican music in DR... A few hip hop songs are ok, but I still want it to be like it was when I first started going there 10 years ago... JEG, you are right.. The Winners Circle is a hip hop bar in DR... But this is still DR and their culture is Dominican... They can cater to whatever they like... But when you have 10 dudes in the bar with you, the drinks are flowing, and everyone with us wanted to hear something other then Rick Ross over and over again... We were 10 out of maybe 12 or 13 people in the place and we were buying out the bar, beers, shots, rum, henny, goose, etc... You said it all comes down to making money and that's what the customers wanted...

miggy99
07-05-2013, 05:12 PM
I agree... support Classicos Classico's is history deal with it or just go up there and wait....and wait.......... and wait

JD426
07-05-2013, 05:15 PM
Judge, you can still hear a lot of those singers/groups at Bar Central. They play a lot of VH1 Classic, mostly 70's and 80's stuff. Sometimes I have gone in there for a beer or two even if there happened to be a lack of chicas at the time and just sat at the bar and watched the videos and listen to the songs. You might hear John Mellencamp followed by Billy Ocean then Madonna, then the Stones, then a 1 hit wonder, etc. True, you might sit next to some drunk German trying to make conversation, "Vee Germans makes zee best beers in zee vorld. You Amereekans makes zee vurst. Yah" Of course, you have others who sit with a glum look on their faces, obviously still pissed about losing two big ones last century, so it all equals out. :corky:

I'm quite aware of that , I can also go to Lou's Shark bar , and he will play the exact classic Rock im talking about, but I dont go there to find chicas, I go there to get away from the chicas... although they will even make their Rounds there as well, come to the gate, and ..a "How are UUUU Babyyyyy" is exchanged , the gate is unlocked , and the night goes on.... but I digress..

ROVER
07-06-2013, 02:03 AM
Thank you "theheights718",

a.. I just wanna hear Dominican music in DR... A few hip hop songs are ok, but I still want it to be like it was when I first started going there 10 years ago....

Beas I think you finally articulated what allot of guys on this thread were feeling and trying to say.

I can close my eyes right now and think back to 5 years ago when upon my first nights arrival I would be walking down Pedro Clinsante's with anticipation on my way to Merengue's knowing EXACTLY what I was going to find.

Spanish love songs playing,... HOT chicas making their rounds exchanging smiles with me.... I even knew the seat I wanted at the bottom of the stair case so I could watch the chica's parade going upstairs enjoying my view with a Cuba Libre !

All this was the nightly prelude to the main event as I waited to lock eyes with that one that had the magic that night ! She'd be dressed to the nines,...only spoke Spanish ...and every fiber in me said I got to have that !

The biggest problem I see with D'Latins is lack of personal space. In Merengues/Classico's you had that space and you could feel the romance in the air. In D'Latins I feel tension with people just being to close. It also doesn't help that allot of the D'Latin crowd is bringing allot of attitude down with them on vacation something I never felt in the other venue.

As tgunzxxx once said to me " I don't come all the way down to The D.R. on vacation ..to fight a guy from New York.

No Worries
07-06-2013, 03:07 AM
What does Willie do? I have heard everything from "He is the Mayor of Sosua" to "He is some sort of mafia". The moto guys have a lot of respect for him. In fact, I have asked a few of them who he was and they wouldn't give an answer, so I guess they fear and respect him. I know he is involved in the DLatin business but what exactly does he do in Sosua?

steviewonder
07-06-2013, 07:13 AM
What does Willie do? I have heard everything from "He is the Mayor of Sosua" to "He is some sort of mafia". The moto guys have a lot of respect for him. In fact, I have asked a few of them who he was and they wouldn't give an answer, so I guess they fear and respect him. I know he is involved in the DLatin business but what exactly does he do in Sosua?

When you are the mafia in the DR, no need to hold political titles. Now Willie on the other hand is a very smart Dominican who can cross that street whenever he wants to:wink:

bkg
07-06-2013, 07:32 AM
First you have to find high quality hoes, that know how to please a customer.

I'm not sure the higher priced venues in Asia provide girls who are better at pleasing the customer :biggrin:. In general they tended to feel very formuliac.

But they certainly were more pleasing on the eye.

ROVER
07-06-2013, 10:06 AM
I remember how EMPTY the dance floor was at Classicos, and how instantly FULL it was when some Dominican music came on. Its not that long ago now, try to think back.

Thanks for that sweet flashback Judge ..:ilike:

I can hear hear the beginning of that song right now and see them swarming from every direction hips swaying the second their first foot made contact with the dance floor.

For me that truly was " the greatest show on Earth " ..:lol:

BrooklynBeas
07-06-2013, 10:18 AM

I thought he was a rich powerful business man... The mafia does not exist... LoL

MegasAv
07-06-2013, 11:02 AM
Clearly the chicas learn to enjoy hip hop/pop, but they love their Dominican music, the reactions that I saw two weeks ago in Sosua when Merengue/Bachata as opposed to music in English was night and day. That's also why I figure there are so many Spanish/Dominican music threads for people to download/purchase music to help performance in the room by setting a certain mood :)

BrooklynBeas
07-06-2013, 11:43 AM
After thinking about it further, its obvious that the bars,lounges, and clubs in Sosua are just basically catering to the WW's... Although most of us know that they would still be there with Latin music coming from the speakers, most of these guys will rather hear their favorite rap song... The Rick Ross/lil Wayne type rap is constantly talking about being rich, throwing around money or fast cars and hot women, etc... Most of these WW's can NOT be a big baller at home, and only wish to be buying these fast cars and hot women, etc... So when they are in DR, their favorite "show it all off" type song comes through the speakers, they act like they are the big baller type in a 3rd world country, and by them getting their fat ass women for 100 bucks, (which would cost 4-500 back home), pop their bottles for 100 bucks (which would cost 400 back home),rent their villas for 100-150 bucks a day (which they can't really live in these million dollar homes, back home), rent a truck that they can't afford to buy back home, (I can go on and on)... So for this weekend, they ball out on their level of balling out... They think they are on the monetary level of Ross and Wayne, even for the weekend... Then they go home and back to reality...

If Latin music was all that would come out the speakers, they wouldn't have that chance to be exactly like their rapping counterparts that they look up to... And wouldn't get "hyped up" like they would for one of these songs as much as they are by listening to bachata music...

This may make some people mad, but think about it for a second before coming back at me... If you are mad at this, you are probably that person...

Non-balling Beas... Out!

Seville
07-06-2013, 12:04 PM
After thinking about it further, its obvious that the bars,lounges, and clubs in Sosua are just basically catering to the WW's... Although most of us know that they would still be there with Latin music coming from the speakers, most of these guys will rather hear their favorite rap song... The Rick Ross/lil Wayne type rap is constantly talking about being rich, throwing around money or fast cars and hot women, etc... Most of these WW's can NOT be a big baller at home, and only wish to be buying these fast cars and hot women, etc... So when they are in DR, their favorite "show it all off" type song comes through the speakers, they act like they are the big baller type in a 3rd world country, and by them getting their fat ass women for 100 bucks, (which would cost 4-500 back home), pop their bottles for 100 bucks (which would cost 400 back home),rent their villas for 100-150 bucks a day (which they can't really live in these million dollar homes, back home), rent a truck that they can't afford to buy back home, (I can go on and on)... So for this weekend, they ball out on their level of balling out... They think they are on the monetary level of Ross and Wayne, even for the weekend... Then they go home and back to reality...

Isn't that what eveyone comes here for, including you? To live a life you can't live back home even if it is for a week? You are banging beautiful 19 yo girls here. Do you do that at home? Does anyone? No. You come here to do things you can't back in the real world. So do the WW. So does everyone else. What type of alternate reality you choose to live while you are here is just different than the one they choose to live while here.

As long as people aren't being assholes while living out their little dream then I don't give a shit. I do what I want and it doesn't really affect me.

BrooklynBeas
07-06-2013, 12:21 PM
Isn't that what eveyone comes here for, including you? To live a life you can't live back home even if it is for a week? You are banging beautiful 19 yo girls here. Do you do that at home? Does anyone? No. You come here to do things you can't back in the real world. So do the WW. So does everyone else. What type of alternate reality you choose to live while you are here is just different than the one they choose to live while here.

As long as people aren't being assholes while living out their little dream then I don't give a shit. I do what I want and it doesn't really affect me.

Yes I do enjoy myself while on vacation, and I do fuck women I can't get at home... Maybe my post didn't make as much sense after it came out as it did while I was putting it together lol... I just feel like some guys try to show off a little while there, which there is no reason to... You can be yourself and get the same ass... Most likely for a cheaper price because you re not showing off... There is no reason to be that guy showing that you have more money then the locals.. No reason to pay these girls 100 bucks for 30 minutes of sex... No reason to do a lot of things that are done out there... The original topic was how there are fights in Dlatin and can be dangerous at times... Then we went to the type of music, then now we are talking about showing off and acting a fool, which comes back to fights and dangerous situations... I don't even know what we are really on.. I think I just need a vacation... Maybe I should go online and purchase some Nike Foamposite sneakers for about 200 bucks so the girls like me more when on vacation... Ok back to the original topic, I think some of these songs, get the guys in the mood of showing off, being better then everyone, and if and when they get bumped in the club, act a fool and take it further then it needs to be..

Mr. Smooth
07-06-2013, 02:31 PM
Yes I do enjoy myself while on vacation, and I do fuck women I can't get at home... Maybe my post didn't make as much sense after it came out as it did while I was putting it together lol... I just feel like some guys try to show off a little while there, which there is no reason to... You can be yourself and get the same ass... Most likely for a cheaper price because you re not showing off... There is no reason to be that guy showing that you have more money then the locals.. No reason to pay these girls 100 bucks for 30 minutes of sex... No reason to do a lot of things that are done out there... The original topic was how there are fights in Dlatin and can be dangerous at times... Then we went to the type of music, then now we are talking about showing off and acting a fool, which comes back to fights and dangerous situations... I don't even know what we are really on.. I think I just need a vacation... Maybe I should go online and purchase some Nike Foamposite sneakers for about 200 bucks so the girls like me more when on vacation... Ok back to the original topic, I think some of these songs, get the guys in the mood of showing off, being better then everyone, and if and when they get bumped in the club, act a fool and take it further then it needs to be..

BB, I think you are way over thinking this. Whether one particular spot has a bad vibe due to mitigating circumstances really wouldn't affect me too much. As one poster mentioned, D' Latins is a nice place to be hanging out, maybe some chicas also hanging out, to chat with and have a drink or two, before the mob all shows up. Then, if you aren't feeling like being part of the mob, you just slip out the back, Jack. I know it ain't my type of scene which is why I asked about whether guys miss the "good old days" when Classicos ruled the roost.

Let the WW's have their fun, the wanna be rappers, the ballers, etc. They won't determine whether I have a good time. They're still plenty of places to go. I have been in enough cowboy shit kicker bars in my time where all the guys, mostly 30's to 50's, are wearing cowboy hats and sipping their Bud Light while thinking they are Toby Keith or Hank Jr. No different from the "urban, youth, Lil Wayne wanna be" crowd. Just coming from a different demographic and perspective.

Just go down there and have yourself a good time and get jiggy wit it! See, I'm a wanna be myself! :rofl:

j_d66
07-06-2013, 02:41 PM
Well said Mr. Smooth

pat809
07-16-2013, 07:42 AM
Very informative thread. Thanks OP.

tgunz
07-18-2013, 01:14 AM
@,Beas where u getting real foamposites online for 200$ ??? they start at 300$- and easiky hit the 500$+ mark

deezl
07-18-2013, 01:21 AM
@,Beas where u getting real foamposites online for 200$ ??? they start at 300$- and easiky hit the 500$+ mark

$500?

sucker
born
every
minute.

they're fucking sneakers.

and they're fucking ugly sneakers at that.

marketing WIN!

bosshogg
07-18-2013, 02:22 AM
MSRP depending on the model is 200 or 225. When you start seeing them for 300-500 and beyond that's the resell price.

jose1234
07-18-2013, 09:25 AM
Status in the DR comes from not being born on the island and being able to freely spend money... With that status, people are allowed some asshole leeway...as long as the dollars are flowing a bit...

Regarding shoes, most kids just want sneakers/gym shoes...almost any kind or style would do...

Seville
07-18-2013, 09:50 AM
MSRP depending on the model is 200 or 225. When you start seeing them for 300-500 and beyond that's the resell price.

$225 dollars for sneakers:confused::confused: Really? Anyone that can spend $225 for a damn pair of sneakers should be sponsoring a few poor children either in the USA or somewhere in the world. Maybe it is just me but $100 blue jeans, $225 sneakers and $300 purses ect. is just throwing money away. If I had a few million dollars at my disposal I would never spend that kind of money for things like that. I would feel like a complete idiot that just got fleeced.

jose1234
07-18-2013, 10:11 AM
Status in the DR comes from not being born on the island and being able to freely spend money... With that status, people are allowed some asshole leeway...as long as the dollars are flowing a bit...

Regarding shoes, most kids just want sneakers/gym shoes...almost any kind or style would do...

Let me amend my statement here. If a person spends money foolishly here, then the person is considered a fool. Money and manhood is tied together a bit... No chica respects a guy throwing away his money and not getting something of reasonable value back for it....even if you spend a lot of money on the chica...but then again no chica is going to refuse and she surely will ask for more... Chicas play those guys for sport...and they are good at it...

JD426
07-18-2013, 10:20 AM
$225 dollars for sneakers:confused::confused: Really? Anyone that can spend $225 for a damn pair of sneakers should be sponsoring a few poor children either in the USA or somewhere in the world. Maybe it is just me but $100 blue jeans, $225 sneakers and $300 purses ect. is just throwing money away. If I had a few million dollars at my disposal I would never spend that kind of money for things like that. I would feel like a complete idiot that just got fleeced.

But to top it off, you got to go out on the DANCEFLOOR by YOURSELF, or with another dude and his $300 sneakers ... to show them off properly..

ok, let me stop, before im called a Hata again..

LOL

just for the record, i only find it only amuzing, a person can spend their hard earned money on whatever makes them feel good, some like clothes and stuff, others fancy phones. whatever floats your boat, i dont think its stupid.. but it it amusing..
equally funny to me are the HUGE watches the Dominican dudes wear..those things must weigh like a LB. and the funniest is on an STI flight all the young bucks checking out each others watches.. LOL

MrHappy
07-18-2013, 10:43 AM
But to top it off, you got to go out on the DANCEFLOOR by YOURSELF, or with another dude and his $300 sneakers ... to show them off properly..
ok, let me stop, before im called a Hata again..
LOL
just for the record, i only find it only amuzing, a person can spend their hard earned money on whatever makes them feel good, some like clothes and stuff, others fancy phones. whatever floats your boat, i dont think its stupid.. but it it amusing..
equally funny to me are the HUGE watches the Dominican dudes wear..those things must weigh like a LB. and the funniest is on an STI flight all the young bucks checking out each others watches.. LOL

I was in the shoe business for years. Specifically Brooks running shoes when they were at their prime (mid seventies) and Timberland from 1986 to 1991.

Take this with a grain of salt, but the value of the material content in a pair of sneakers rarely exceeds 5 dollars, and a pair of boots, 15 dollars. Of course, there's a few dollars labor and overhead, but the most money from shoe sales is spent on "HYPE"

When I worked for Brooks, we simultaneously made shoes for 5 other brands. The only difference between the five was the identifying stripe, swatch, or whatever you want to call it, and the sole of the shoe. Many even used the same cutting dies to cut the raw materials.

That "stripe" or whatever that went on the side, made the difference between a 30 dollar and a 150 dollar pair of shoes. Talk about absurd.

rahsta
07-18-2013, 12:08 PM
$500?

sucker
born
every
minute.

they're fucking sneakers.

and they're fucking ugly sneakers at that.

marketing WIN!

Worst yet, they have fools waiting on line early Saturday morning. Atleast every other Saturday I see that dumb shit. Most are sneakers that came out in the 90s and they arw reintroducing them. Jordan and Nike are getting paid.

rahsta
07-18-2013, 12:13 PM
I was in the shoe business for years. Specifically Brooks running shoes when they were at their prime (mid seventies) and Timberland from 1986 to 1991.

Take this with a grain of salt, but the value of the material content in a pair of sneakers rarely exceeds 5 dollars, and a pair of boots, 15 dollars. Of course, there's a few dollars labor and overhead, but the most money from shoe sales is spent on "HYPE"

When I worked for Brooks, we simultaneously made shoes for 5 other brands. The only difference between the five was the identifying stripe, swatch, or whatever you want to call it, and the sole of the shoe. Many even used the same cutting dies to cut the raw materials.

That "stripe" or whatever that went on the side, made the difference between a 30 dollar and a 150 dollar pair of shoes. Talk about absurd.

I use to wear my Starbury sneakers with pride to DR and other place. I still have a few pairs left. Fifteen dollars for a pair.

The Sage
07-18-2013, 01:02 PM
I just recently rediscovered Converse. Pretty cool and perfect for summer. They were the first shoe I craved for as a kid. A pair cost $12.95 back in 1966. You can't believe how far that was out of my budget. After 47 years the style is still a classic. That's called longevity. By the way, wouldn't be caught dead in a pair of foamposites. They just aren't shoes anyone over 22 should wear.

jose1234
07-18-2013, 01:19 PM
I just recently rediscovered Converse. Pretty cool and perfect for summer. They were the first shoe I craved for as a kid. A pair cost $12.95 back in 1966. You can't believe how far that was out of my budget. After 47 years the style is still a classic. That's called longevity. By the way, wouldn't be caught dead in a pair of foamposites. They just aren't shoes anyone over 22 should wear.

Oh come on, the orange ones would look great with your black socks...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sF5BDOfn2go

Hanzo
07-18-2013, 01:25 PM
I wear my younger brothers throw away denim Nike SB. They probably cost $60 bucks, and I wear them everywhere, even though their busted, and old. I don't dress for style, if not for comfort. I think my entire closet consist of 10 dollar T's from H&M along with 20 dollar button up from H&M, 20 dollar Levis from Target, and a bunch of beat up Nikes. I rather be comfortable in what I'm wearing as opposed to dressing to impress. I've had girlfriends bitch, and moan about what I wear because they describe it as homeless casual.

el toro
07-18-2013, 01:52 PM
I wear my younger brothers throw away denim Nike SB. They probably cost $60 bucks, and I wear them everywhere, even though their busted, and old. I don't dress for style, if not for comfort. I think my entire closet consist of 10 dollar T's from H&M along with 20 dollar button up from H&M, 20 dollar Levis from Target, and a bunch of beat up Nikes. I rather be comfortable in what I'm wearing as opposed to dressing to impress. I've had girlfriends bitch, and moan about what I wear because they describe it as homeless casual.

This is an important statement. It means that you have no problem getting the ladies as you are. There are so many guys that think they dress fly that can't pull anything.

tgunz
07-18-2013, 02:41 PM

Beas specifically stated " on line" . On line is resale.... After someome phsically stands on line for days to get a pair...

Anyone who claims they are ugly is just mad at the price... Foams are a nice looking shoes... Just sone colors are alittle crazy

j_d66
07-18-2013, 02:58 PM
Enough of the threadjack
If you wanna talk about shoes start another thread about it.
Besides chicas go for the sandal look anyway :mrgreen:

tgunz
07-18-2013, 05:10 PM
This whole arguement goes back to "its my money, ill spend it how i want too!"

Not everyone hear only fucks hookers and doesnt care about personal apperance. The sneaker thing is a hobby for alot of people... I love collecting jordans I couldnt afford as a kid. Are they over priced, sure, but its a luxery I can thankfully afford. I love foamposites but cant justify spending the money. But i dont knock people who do.

In the real world alot if not most young women are attracted to image and status.. Driving a nice car and wearing expenisive cloths gets you further ... Not to mention makes most people feel good about themselves. If im out and not dressed nice i just dont feel comfortable. Doesnt matter where i am.

Hanzo Is doing great now... Imagine he had range rover, jewelry, nice clothes, and a lil bread to go with the nice apt.. He would have a statue on Conde.... Lol like the old saying goes, " as the chips stack higher, i get flyer"

deezl
07-18-2013, 05:11 PM
Beas specifically stated " on line" . On line is resale.... After someome phsically stands on line for days to get a pair...

Anyone who claims they are ugly is just mad at the price... Foams are a nice looking shoes... Just sone colors are alittle crazy

the price doesn't have any bearing on my perception of them as looking like something a special needs kid would wear on vacation to the moon.

the price doesn't make them uglier imo, it just makes the people who buy into the marketing hype sadder to me. those things probably don't cost more than $15 to make in whatever 3rd world manufacturing center nike is using to put them together.

i'll stick with my puma baskets tyvm.

tgunz
07-18-2013, 05:13 PM
And oh yeah.... Fuck that sweat box dlatin... Bring back classicos!!! But until then... Come check me in that sweat box dlatin.. Lol

tgunz
07-18-2013, 05:18 PM
the price doesn't have any bearing on my perception of them as looking like something a special needs kid would wear on vacation to the moon.

the price doesn't make them uglier imo, it just makes the people who buy into the marketing hype sadder to me. those things probably don't cost more than $15 to make in whatever 3rd world manufacturing center nike is using to put them together.

i'll stick with my puma baskets tyvm.

Diffrent strokes for diffrent folks..... Guess sneakers are like chicas in alot of ways... Everybody likes difrrent ones. And decides what he is willing to pay for them

deezl
07-18-2013, 05:22 PM
i try not to spend much time in d'latin if i can help it. i'll do a couple circles, if i find anything worth going after i'll give her a couple minutes and then move it over to merengue or the spot.

btw, not sure if anyone mentioned this in another thread or not, but Winner's Circle is (seemingly) done. They were open for business as usual on Monday, then Tuesday they came in and tore everything out. TV's, barstools, everything.

I heard they're planning on 'renovating' but don't really see the point. I haven't seen much of a crowd in there my last few trips. on average they had 9 bartenders and 4 customers.

blazaveli
07-18-2013, 06:33 PM
Realist shit ever!!! #PREACH... I'm too grown to give a fuck what the next man does if it doesn't affect what I'm doing.

Shogun Warrior
07-18-2013, 08:00 PM
But..................because the motherfucker throwing $1 dollar bills living his fucked up "Baller Fantasy" causes such a rush by the chicas grabbing the dollars that routinely, tables & chairs are knocked over spilling mixed and bottled drinks????!!, yeah I got a fucking problem!!!!

blazaveli
07-18-2013, 10:10 PM
Objective and honestly speaking to everyone... ask yourself...

How many trips have you had to the Su? = Guessing a whole lot

How many times have you actually experienced the bold section?

I can't speak for anyone else's interactions and although I'm relatively new at this, I have NEVER actually seen anyone throwing dollars in the SU in person or experienced the below. But here's the funny shit.... the tables and chairs knocked over spilling drinks and all that...I experienced almost every trip and its usually the drunken old slob (no disrespect) who looks nothing like a weekend warrior but so pissy drunk he doesn't know his left foot from his right. Does it bother me. Nah.. why? I expect it to happen when I put myself in this type of environment. When I'm not in the mood for it I remove myself from these types of surroundings. But let someone dressed in "urban" "hip hop gear" do the same and isoc is in uproar :rofl: :rofl::rofl:

Yall mofos kill me with that shit :rofl::rofl:

I wonder how objective most of us are about how frequent these situations actually occur to us. Know your surroundings. Maybe its growing up in the hood and knowing what to look out for but I guess they miss me with that bulto.

Drama sells... Or in isoc's case gets everybody posting. So while sosua is a party fest 365 days a year for the most part we're going to talk about the one off incidents someone just saw, recorded or is reporting on cause it gets everyone's blood boiling and entertaining to discuss. Guess all other nights that go by with no drama means nothing :confused::confused:

But..................because the motherfucker throwing $1 dollar bills living his fucked up "Baller Fantasy" causes such a rush by the chicas grabbing the dollars that routinely, tables & chairs are knocked over spilling mixed and bottled drinks????!!, yeah I got a fucking problem!!!!

jose1234
07-18-2013, 10:30 PM

I can't speak for anyone else's interactions and although I'm relatively new at this, I have NEVER actually seen anyone throwing dollars in the SU in person or experienced the below. But here's the funny shit.... the tables and chairs knocked over spilling drinks and all that...I experienced almost every trip and its usually the drunken old slob (no disrespect) who looks nothing like a weekend warrior but so pissy drunk he doesn't know his left foot from his right. Does it bother me. Nah.. why? I expect it to happen when I put myself in this type of environment. When I'm not in the mood for it I remove myself from these types of surroundings. But let someone dressed in "urban" "hip hop gear" do the same and isoc is in uproar :rofl: :rofl::rofl:

I wonder how objective most of us are about how frequent these situations actually occur to us. Know your surroundings. Maybe its growing up in the hood and knowing what to look out for but I guess they miss me with that bulto.

Drama sells... Or in isoc's case gets everybody posting. So while sosua is a party fest 365 days a year for the most part we're going to talk about the one off incidents someone just saw, recorded or is reporting on cause it gets everyone's blood boiling and entertaining to discuss. Guess all other nights that go by with no drama means nothing :confused::confused:

Blazaveli, I couldn't agree with you more and I have a couple items to discuss here...

First off, sorry about spilling your drink. Second, when in a club in Sousa I am usually surrounded by a large number of scantily clothed chicas that are young, very good looking and want to fuck me for not a lot of pesos and beers typically cost about $2.50. Third, don't tell anyone about a place like this. And finally Four, tell everyone its sucks.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rKaQzQAlNn4

The Sage
07-18-2013, 11:33 PM
I've seen guys make it drizzle on at least three occasions. Each time it was a mess. I was there during the incident Shogan is referencing. We were sitting with our girls when guys started throwing dollar bills from the VIP area behind us. Tables were almost knocked over and drinks were spilled by the crowd frenzy this created. I had to shield by girl to make sure no one accidentally knocked her over. For a few seconds it was a very dangerous situation. To the perpetrators credit though they did acknowledge how stupid their actions were when I went to admonish them for what had gone down. Have all the fun you want, but shame on you if in having that fun you place innocent people in danger of getting injured.

tgunz
07-19-2013, 12:00 AM
Biggest problems thursday, fri, sat, just way too many people trying to s queeze into the same space... When you had the chicas running tge gauntlet from bar to bar it was great. Now bc they are afraid they stay in one place... So do we... That leads to dangerous overcrowding... The problem with weekend warriors are not we they are from or how they are dressed, but the tend to be young, drunk, and have waaaay to much testosterone pumping... I was once too a weekend warrior... Now i see the error in my ways... The old drink guy is harmless, he may even apoligize for his actions... Some weekend warriors do not have the life expierance yet to realize the ramifications of thier actions.

Seville
07-19-2013, 12:20 AM
Biggest problems thursday, fri, sat, just way too many people trying to s queeze into the same space... When you had the chicas running tge gauntlet from bar to bar it was great. Now bc they are afraid they stay in one place... So do we... That leads to dangerous overcrowding... The problem with weekend warriors are not we they are from or how they are dressed, but the tend to be young, drunk, and have waaaay to much testosterone pumping... I was once too a weekend warrior... Now i see the error in my ways... The old drink guy is harmless, he may even apoligize for his actions... Some weekend warriors do not have the life expierance yet to realize the ramifications of thier actions.

Those are the same reasons I have never set foot in El Flow. Young, drunk Dominicans with too much testosterone. Young, drunk and male with lots of women around......mostly a bad combination any way you slice it. Always has been and always will be.

surreal83
07-19-2013, 04:43 PM
Just gonna touch on a couple of topics in this thread.

I can't believe people actually toss dollars in D'Latin. The only thing I can see is if some chick is really giving you a good show and you just throw some singles at her playing around. If these guys were just tossing money into a crowd, that's a little crazy. Passions seems like a better place to do that.

I guess a WW would be a guy who only goes once a year during super bowl or something like that? I went during super bowl time and couldn't stand it. I'm used to the off season. It was a totally different atmosphere. Girls were acting stuck up cause they know they could get more than 1500RD in a second with some newbie, way too crowded and too many big groups of guys that don't leave the NYC attitude at home. That's the ONLY thing that bothers me in sosua. I'm there to have a good time and meet some new people but cause you came with your 12 buddies...you wanna act like you own the town and worry about what the fuck I'm doing? Leave that shit at home.

I've been to El Flow once. It was my 3rd trip and I was with my buddy who was a first timer. He was hammered and just kinda stumbled into El Flow. I was a little more sober, noticed it was a local spot and we were getting some looks. We went in the back to play pool. I was kicking his ass and he can barely hit the cue ball straight so he wasn't too happy. We were already getting looks from the guys at the next pool table. My friend missed the cue ball completely, got pissed, whacked the stick on the table and threw it on the ground. I grabbed him and got the fuck out of there before anybody said something. About a week later I saw a video on youtube where some chick pulled out a massive fucking .45 and started waving it around the place. I wouldn't be afraid to go in there but definitely cautious.

As for all the complaints about sosua...I know you've heard some messed up stories and had some fucked up nights there just like me but we keep going back. :wink: