PDA

View Full Version : Gasolina Lyrics Translated

Don Tomas
07-27-2005, 12:25 AM
Found this on the net:

See some of it is also Puerito Rican Slang
example "gata" is actually translated a female cat, but in this case it is Puerto Rican slang word for babe.
gasolina, means alcohol, most likely rum, or drugs in general.

~*Lyrics*~
Whos this? Da - ddy Yan- kee ! = Who’s this? Daddy Yankee!

sumale mambo pa’ que mis gatas prendan los motores, = Ad up mambo so my babes turn on the engines

sumale el mambo pa’ que mis gatas prendan los motores, = Ad up mambo so my babes turn on the engines

sumale el mambo pa’ que mis gatas prendan los motores, = Ad up mambo so my babes turn on the engines

Que se preparen que lo que viene es pa que le den, Duro! = Be them ready to catch what’s coming, Hard!

Mamita yo se que tu no te me va quitar(duro!) = Honey I now you’re not gonna go away from me

Lo que me gusta es que tu te dejas llevar (duro!!) = What I like is that you like to be taken away (hard!)

todo los weekenes ella sale a vacilar (duro!!) = Every weekend she goes out to have fun (hard!)

mi gata no para de janguiar porque = My babe doesn’t stop from hanging out because

A ella le gusta la gasolina (dame mas gasolina!) = She likes gasoline (give me more gasoline!)

Como le encanta la gasolina (dame mas gasolina) = How she adores gasoline! (give me more gasoline)

Ella prende las turbinas, = She turns on the turbines

No discrimina, = She makes no distinctions

No se pierde ni un party de marquesina, = She misses no fancy party

Se acicala hazta pa’ la esquina, = She dresses up even to walk to the next street

Luce tan bien que hasta la sombra le combina, = She looks so good that even her shadow fits her

Asesina, me domina, = She’s a killer, she governs me

janguea en carro, motoras y limosina, = Hangs out in cars, motorbikes and limousines

Llena su tanque de adrenalina, = Fills up her tank with adrenaline

Cuando escucha el reggaeton en la bocina. = When she listens the reggaeton in the speaker

A ella le gusta la gasolina (dame mas gasolina!) = She likes gasoline (give me more gasoline!)

Como le encanta la gasolina (dame mas gasolina!) = How she adores gasoline!

(yo!)Aqui yo soy de los mejores = I! Here i’m one of the best

No te me ajores = Take it easy

En la pista nos llaman "Los Matadores" = On the dance floor they call us "the killers"

Tu haces que cualquiera se enamore = You make anyone fall in love

Cuando bailas al ritmo de los tambores = When you dance to the rhythm of drums

esto va pa’las gatas de to’colores = This goes for the babes of all colors

Para la mayores, pa’ la menores = For the older, for the younger

Para las que son mas zorras que los cazadores = For those who are "more foxes" (quicker) than the hunters

Pa’ la mujeres que no apagan su motores = For women who don’t turn off their engines

Tenemo’ tu y yo algo pendiente, = You and I we have something pending

Tu me debes algo y lo sabes, = You owe me something and you know it

Conmigo ella se pierde, = With me she gets lost

No le rinde cuentas a nadie = She gives accounts to no one

Que se preparen que lo que viene es pa que le den, Duro! = Be them ready to catch what’s coming, Hard!

Mamita yo se que tu no teme va a quitar (duro!) = Honey I now you’re not gonna go away from me

Lo que me gusta es que tu te dejas llevar (duro!) = What I like is that you like to be taken away (hard!)

todos los weekenes ella sale a vacilar (duro!) = Every weekend she goes out to have fun (hard!)

mi gata no para de janguear porque = My babe doesn’t stop from hanging out because

A ella le gusta la gasolina (dame mas gasolina!!) = She likes gasoline (give me more gasoline!)

Como le encanta la gasolina (dame mas gasolina!!) = How she adores gasoline! (give me more gasoline)

gdogg
07-27-2005, 02:43 AM
I heard it today on a Spanish station while going to work. It is STILL a great song! My spanish is improving somewhat...I can sing some of the lyrics without tripping over the words. One day...muy rapido espanol para mi!

Reel Deal
07-27-2005, 07:38 AM
I heard somewhere that "gasolina" was code for "semen". I guess that version was incorrect.

knotty
07-27-2005, 07:51 AM
I thought gasolina was about sex? atleast, that's what i was lead to believe by la mega. oh well.

the_Jayman
07-27-2005, 11:11 AM
i hate that friggin song ! ! (mainly because I hear it 10,000 times a day when I'm down there)

Bug Boy
07-27-2005, 11:34 AM
i hate that friggin song ! ! (mainly because I hear it 10,000 times a day when I'm down there)I LOVE IT!!!

Everytime it plays, all the females go into a trance and start shaking their butt!

-Helpmann :grin:

Don Tomas
07-27-2005, 09:43 PM
I heard somewhere that "gasolina" was code for "semen". I guess that version was incorrect.

I heard the same myself. But just posted the translation as I found it.

Maybe one of our PR members can chime in!

dukes1963
07-27-2005, 10:11 PM
I was watching the Yankees and Twins game tonight on ESPN and heard "La Gasolina" played between pitches-glad to hear some reggaeton here in Estados Unidos-but yes it is overplayed in the DR

culebra
07-27-2005, 10:15 PM
Thanks!

I've been trying to find the english lyrics to this for MONTHS!

I tried using babel fish transaltion but it couldn't do it so i was stuck.

It does seem that gasoline is a euphamism for leche!

culebra
07-27-2005, 10:17 PM
Thanks!

I've been trying to find the english lyrics to this for MONTHS!

I tried using babel fish transaltion but it couldn't do it so i was stuck.

It does seem that gasoline is a euphamism for leche!

Don Tomas
07-27-2005, 10:37 PM
The song has a line in it that fits most Latin women and is the reason I love them so...

Se acicala hazta pa’ la esquina, = She dresses up even to walk to the next street

Even when going to a 7-11 they always are dressed fine!

vdubman30
07-27-2005, 10:55 PM
its acually an old term "elle le gusta la gasolina" i understooded as one who likes to run the streets!! something like what a hookers does.. living the fast life.. una pesona del la calle..

Don Tomas
07-27-2005, 11:00 PM
for some reason i understood as one who likes to run the streets!! something like what a hookers does.. living the fast life.. una pesona del la calle..???

We are wondering about the word Gasolina, not the whole song...

Does it mean:
Alcohol
Drugs
Leche(cum)

When the girl says "Dame mas gasolina" What does she want?

We know the song is about wild women in general.

vdubman30
07-27-2005, 11:05 PM
all the above anything to do with hard partying!!!

gdogg
07-28-2005, 01:13 AM
I agree with Vdub...partying, drinking, and the whole nine. I've heard from the guys at work that the gasolina does refer to the liquor that leads to everything else.

sjaak
07-28-2005, 02:26 AM
I thought myself it was some slang term for sperm as well when I heard the song for the first time, but on spanish sites i only saw it reffered to as alcohol, and partying, wild girls in general. It might be that associating it with semen is just our dirty mind, aided by the fact that many other reggeaton songs refer to slang terms for sex (like this one http://rapidshare.de/files/3422055/Glory_-_La_Popola.mp3.html), especially if you hear it first in a place like sosua!

knotty
07-28-2005, 08:24 AM
funny you post glory's song, she was on the radio yesterday. I wasn't too sure who it was until that song came on. all reggaeton songs is like any other hip hop or R&B song. They either talking about sex, partying, or the streets.