PDA

View Full Version : We hear about 100 Suck Shacks/Massage Parlors were closed !

Sidney
07-12-2013, 11:00 AM
Last night on the North Coast ! Legit Massage Parlors remain open.:mad:

JD426
07-12-2013, 11:09 AM
Last night on the North Coast ! Legit Massage Parlors remain open.:mad:

So put on your Flip flops and a pair of pants and walk to BELKIS, and see if they were shut down... to confirm.
thats the first thing I would have done , if I lived there and "Heard" things like that...
Kind of MAJOR news, if its true..

WickedWillie
07-12-2013, 01:14 PM
any unlicenced business anywhere in the world can be closed by the authorities, no?????

http://www.noticiassin.com/2013/07/clausuran-16-centros-de-masajes-en-sosua/

Sidney
07-12-2013, 01:20 PM
Another good info source say 16 closed in Sosua. As I walked to lunch, I saw 5 closed. Belkie's, dont' know.:o

Seville
07-12-2013, 09:00 PM
The suck shacks were closed by order of dept of tourism. I talked to a chica that owned one today.

hugrad95a
07-12-2013, 09:16 PM
The suck shacks were closed by order of dept of tourism. I talked to a chica that owned one today.

Hmm and so the cleansing begins....

questner
07-12-2013, 10:09 PM
Where in the world one needs a Ministry of Tourism to close businesses in municipalities? :confused:

el_papi_chew_low
07-13-2013, 04:14 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mQ5LiYimIXo

Mr. Smooth
07-13-2013, 05:04 AM
So where the hell am I going to get my manicure and haircut now?

Jimmydr
07-13-2013, 08:09 AM
any unlicenced business anywhere in the world can be closed by the authorities, no?????

http://www.noticiassin.com/2013/07/clausuran-16-centros-de-masajes-en-sosua/

But its a big deal when it happens in Sosua.

eldorob
07-13-2013, 08:25 AM
Where in the world one needs a Ministry of Tourism to close businesses in municipalities? :confused:
That guy's tight with the Presidente. If he wanted, he could probably invade Haiti. Seriously though, while this was against unlicensed massage parlors it's all part of their bigger message.

rahsta
07-13-2013, 08:36 AM
So will this make pussy cheaper? I think it so.

Jimmydr
07-13-2013, 08:43 AM
That guy's tight with the Presidente. If he wanted, he could probably invade Haiti. Seriously though, while this was against unlicensed massage parlors it's all part of their bigger message.

Everyone in position of power is. The President puts all his guys in.

WickedWillie
07-13-2013, 09:58 AM

Probably the Ministry of Tourism is the licence issuing authority for such establishments.

WickedWillie
07-13-2013, 10:05 AM
But its a big deal when it happens in Sosua.

Not really. I guess these places have to be licenced and grease the palms a little or don't get a licence and grease the palms a lot but run the risk of closure.

Bar Arriba in Cabarete, the hoe hangout, has been closed by Ministry of Tourism for the last 3/4 weeks. No-ones bitching and moaning about that. They built an extension to their upstairs deck. I guess they didn't get the right permits.

BTW the rub and tug places in Cabarete were all open yesterday:wink:

j_d66
07-13-2013, 10:05 AM
Hopefully it will cut down on the "Hola, Massage?" crap every 100 feet.

snoozer
07-13-2013, 11:37 AM
My ex-novia just told me that Belkis is still open, somehow they convinced the authorities that they are a legit massage centre.

She said they went around and inspected all the professional massage places and if they did not meet minimum standards they were also closed. All masseuses now need accreditation from an approved massage school in order to work in Sosua. This has happened before and lasted about two weeks but my ex thinks this time they are serious, she attended a meeting with the Secretary of Tourism and she said he seemed very determined to clean up Sosua.

Count
07-13-2013, 12:22 PM
I'm kind of planning to come down for 10-14 days in mid August....is this wise?

If closing these places is the start of things to come, I don't want to arrive in the midst of a massive clampdown.

BrooklynBeas
07-13-2013, 12:31 PM

If closing these places is the start of things to come, I don't want to arrive in the midst of a massive clampdown.

Even if they continue this anti-monger clean up, guys like us who know the deal and know where to go for fun, will always find pussy... There is too much money and political power involved in places like Rumba and Dlatin to close them and keep away the girls...

And worse case scenario, you can always travel outside of the Sewer to get someone to satisfy your needs...

JD426
07-13-2013, 12:48 PM
Just like our Liberties have eroded away here in the USA (not making direct comparison ,just example on strategy)...
This is how they do it. They got the Playbook now, and imo are going to run with it.
A little bit at a time.. Just like the frog in the boiling water theory.. You turn on the heat, a little at a time and the frog does not have a Clue he is going to get boiled to death.
Beach vendors, suck shacks, streetwalkers, tables and chairs in street, Loud Music, put Chenge guys in Kiosks, random Motoconcho helmet crackdowns, random Seat Belt enforcement, Towing Rental Cars (they almost got me on that one) bunch of other stuff we probably forgot about ..
. They are testing to see which Police Action gets the least amount of NEGATIVE Reaction.. and is the biggest bang for the buck in changing the face of Sosua.
Meanwhile Toddlers in diapers on Motos, perfectly FINE and acceptable, and who is in more Danger , a grown ass man in a Suck shack ? or a sandwiched Toddler speeding down autopista #5 ? .. They not "protecting" anything, or anyone, except the Investors $$$$$. These actions speak for themselves. Its a show.

DRJones
07-13-2013, 01:23 PM
The Judge is correct.

Tourism is determined to clean up the international image of the Dominican Republic vis a vis 3rd world customs that 1st world visitors find offensive - including, the reputation for rampant prostitution in Sosua - in order to make the place more inviting for a return to family tourism.

They are taking a regulatory approach, because they can.

Arriba Bar, Rancho Tipico (Toro) and the Haitian bar in the D'Pepe Plaza have all been closed in Cabarete, ostensibly for regulatory violations of some kind, but in reality they were closed because they provided sanctuary to women of the night (and day) in the very middle of town which is no longer acceptable to the powers that be (the new powers that be, the locals are pretty horrified at the loss of revenue).

The Haitians were kicked off the street in Cabarete after 8:30p (so I was told last night) and eight women spent the night in jail last night (reported to me by one of them, a known thief, who was begging me for food after getting out of jail this morning).

I'm told that a Zona Rosada is against the law for some reason even though that would seem to present a solution that might satisfy all sides.

It is interesting to speculate as to what Tourism's next steps may be to clean up the DR's bad reputation where men go to buy sexual services (with all due respect to the more enthusiastic members of ISOC) because there is an organized and energized group of ex-patriots on the North Coast working towards this end who may end up being pretty effective for a change.

I wouldn't put it past them to arrest a couple of foreign tourists for supporting prostitution, if only to make a splash of ink and bandwidth.

No Worries
07-13-2013, 01:25 PM
Cant those places just remain open as a hair salon? Take "massage" off the sign and keep the business up and running.

Sidney
07-13-2013, 01:44 PM
So put on your Flip flops and a pair of pants and walk to BELKIS, and see if they were shut down... to confirm.
thats the first thing I would have done , if I lived there and "Heard" things like that...
Kind of MAJOR news, if its true..
You are in luck. Belki's is open, but all others are closed !

hugrad95a
07-13-2013, 02:29 PM
The Judge is correct.

Tourism is determined to clean up the international image of the Dominican Republic vis a vis 3rd world customs that 1st world visitors find offensive - including, the reputation for rampant prostitution in Sosua - in order to make the place more inviting for a return to family tourism.

They are taking a regulatory approach, because they can.

Arriba Bar, Rancho Tipico (Toro) and the Haitian bar in the D'Pepe Plaza have all been closed in Cabarete, ostensibly for regulatory violations of some kind, but in reality they were closed because they provided sanctuary to women of the night (and day) in the very middle of town which is no longer acceptable to the powers that be (the new powers that be, the locals are pretty horrified at the loss of revenue).

The Haitians were kicked off the street in Cabarete after 8:30p (so I was told last night) and eight women spent the night in jail last night (reported to me by one of them, a known thief, who was begging me for food after getting out of jail this morning).

I'm told that a Zona Rosada is against the law for some reason even though that would seem to present a solution that might satisfy all sides.

It is interesting to speculate as to what Tourism's next steps may be to clean up the DR's bad reputation where men go to buy sexual services (with all due respect to the more enthusiastic members of ISOC) because there is an organized and energized group of ex-patriots on the North Coast working towards this end who may end up being pretty effective for a change.

I wouldn't put it past them to arrest a couple of foreign tourists for supporting prostitution, if only to make a splash of ink and bandwidth.

And for the girls and families that profit from prostitution what is it that they have to replace the money they make from the oldest profession.
Since they are not from Sosua, I guess they really dont care...

Count
07-13-2013, 02:44 PM
I haven't pulled the trigger on my ticket for August yet......my this is a gloomy thread.....and I will await events.

sopranostingray
07-13-2013, 02:49 PM
Relax...this is nothing new. It happens each year. Tourismo checks out your establishment...bar, restaurant or massage place and if you don't have a license you get shut down. They give you a five day notice to comply.

sopranostingray
07-13-2013, 03:00 PM
For those unaware on what has been going on with Tourismo for the past 3 weeks, I will get you up to speed.

Each year Tourismo comes into your establishment to sell you an operating license, at the same time they do a health and safety inspection...and then they write you up for changes needed....such as a cleaner kitchen. Last year they never came around, so we had no licenses to buy. About 3 weeks ago they came in to all establishments in Sosua and Cabarete, not sure about others towns, did their inspections and on their list was that we needed an up to date Tourismo license. When you skip a year you need to start the whole process over again. Pictures of your place, menu, staff blood tests, business license and it goes on and on....and oh yes....money!

All of this stuff takes time and needs to be submitted by yourself or a representative in Santo Domingo. This week Tourismo came back and gave everybody who didn't have a license a five day to comply order or they would be shut down. Every bar/restaurant owner that I know in Sosua and Cabarete has received the letter. We can all be shut down by next Tuesday in theory.

Tourismo are nothing but thieves and do nothing to help bring tourist to the area, they only pretend to.

So that is where we all stand.

JD426
07-13-2013, 04:15 PM
You are in luck. Belki's is open, but all others are closed !

I have never even stepped foot into Belkis, or any other suck shack in Sosua, EVER.
just not my thing, not in Sosua, up here in the Northeast, the AMPS and Russian Parlors, of course..
.. nothing against guys who enjoy them. I just dont buy plane tickets to go to a suck shack. I only got so many NUTS to spend,
and and my age there are no "nuisance nuts", every nut is a GOOD nut.:bj1:

... irrelevant to the topic though..
and thanks for alerting us to this NEWS...

Mr. Smooth
07-13-2013, 07:10 PM
For those unaware on what has been going on with Tourismo for the past 3 weeks, I will get you up to speed.

Each year Tourismo comes into your establishment to sell you an operating license, at the same time they do a health and safety inspection...and then they write you up for changes needed....such as a cleaner kitchen. Last year they never came around, so we had no licenses to buy. About 3 weeks ago they came in to all establishments in Sosua and Cabarete, not sure about others towns, did their inspections and on their list was that we needed an up to date Tourismo license. When you skip a year you need to start the whole process over again. Pictures of your place, menu, staff blood tests, business license and it goes on and on....and oh yes....money!

All of this stuff takes time and needs to be submitted by yourself or a representative in Santo Domingo. This week Tourismo came back and gave everybody who didn't have a license a five day to comply order or they would be shut down. Every bar/restaurant owner that I know in Sosua and Cabarete has received the letter. We can all be shut down by next Tuesday in theory.

Tourismo are nothing but thieves and do nothing to help bring tourist to the area, they only pretend to.

So that is where we all stand.

.....so go ahead and buy that plane ticket Count. Them babes with the big boobs are waiting for ya'! :corky:

And I'll be there too. Lets drink up a few grandes on the beach!

Count
07-13-2013, 07:20 PM
Ok, you've convinced me. It didn't take much, did it?........ And the first drink's on me!

obiwon
07-13-2013, 09:55 PM
looks like Port au Prince may become a popular destination! lol

whynotme
07-14-2013, 12:01 AM

you can always join kevy in pattay instead and then I will join you later in august:corky:

oooorrrrrrrrr; we can do meddy together .....its fuckin awesome compared to when I went in 2007 but then again I just finished a 2 hour session with the baconater........awesome :corky:best fuck I have had all year:corky:

michel3275
07-14-2013, 03:12 PM
I have never even stepped foot into Belkis, or any other suck shack in Sosua, EVER.
just not my thing, not in Sosua, up here in the Northeast, the AMPS and Russian Parlors, of course..
.. nothing against guys who enjoy them. I just dont buy plane tickets to go to a suck shack. I only got so many NUTS to spend,
and and my age there are no "nuisance nuts", every nut is a GOOD nut.:bj1:

... irrelevant to the topic though..
and thanks for alerting us to this NEWS...

Thanks for saying what i've been thinking every time i read about that "nuisance nut" :wtf1:

j_d66
07-14-2013, 06:13 PM
Maybe we should change the name to the "uno grande nut" or something like that :rofl:
or the "blue ball release" :lol:

surreal83
07-14-2013, 11:34 PM
Fuck it. I'm booked for July 26 and I'm gonna have a good time. I don't give a fuck what's going on. I'll get blasted and walk down Pedro Clisante with my dick out if I have to.

Mr. Smooth
07-15-2013, 01:06 AM
Maybe we should change the name to the "uno grande nut" or something like that :rofl:
or the "blue ball release" :lol:

I always refer to the first one as clearing that deadly semen build up! :biggrin:

MrHappy
07-15-2013, 06:37 AM
Fuck it. I'm booked for July 26 and I'm gonna have a good time. I don't give a fuck what's going on. I'll get blasted and walk down Pedro Clisante with my dick out if I have to.

Where have we heard that before?

Jonew1
07-15-2013, 11:08 AM
This shit is fucking stupid. Why dont these people just let things be ? Everytime I read something like this about "changing" sosua it pisses me off to the max.

JD426
07-15-2013, 01:01 PM
This shit is fucking stupid. Why dont these people just let things be ? Everytime I read something like this about "changing" sosua it pisses me off to the max.

I think you should buy a ticket, and we can all protest in the streets together..by buying ST's with the WHORES on the street..

eldorob
07-15-2013, 05:34 PM
I find that extremely funny. It's their town. If your neighbor wants to paint his house a different color, do you blow a gasket? NO JUSTICE, NO PEACE...:rofl:

brandonbeingbrandon
07-17-2013, 09:59 AM
In essence,they are going to change the whole image.....wow, what does this mean long term for the Strip and Passions??

steviewonder
07-17-2013, 12:27 PM
In essence,they are going to change the whole image.....wow, what does this mean long term for the Strip and Passions??

Nadaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa:wink:

daddyooo
07-30-2013, 07:15 PM
Nothing new on this thread for almost 2 weeks. Anyone know if any of he suck shacks have reopened?

Choirboy
07-30-2013, 07:46 PM
Nothing new on this thread for almost 2 weeks. Anyone know if any of he suck shacks have reopened?

None that I know of.

Irie
07-30-2013, 08:28 PM

Choirboy would know better currently, but as of last Friday I saw none of the usual a open.

sopranostingray
07-30-2013, 09:25 PM
The one in front of Rocky's reopened today, but there's a sign in the window about only being a salon or something. Zuni's Massage, towards Casa Marina, which was a legit massage place was closed and now there's a "for rent" sign on the door. Zuni and her daughter Karen will go to your house or room for the massage.

All others that I know of are still closed.

snoozer
07-30-2013, 09:39 PM
The one in front of Rocky's reopened today, but there's a sign in the window about only being a salon or something. Zuni's Massage, towards Casa Marina, which was a legit massage place was closed and now there's a "for rent" sign on the door. Zuni and her daughter Karen will go to your house or room for the massage.

Zuni was closed because she did not have doors on the massage rooms, just a curtain. Also she did not have a tiled floor.

MisterPink
07-31-2013, 10:05 AM
Most of the suck sheds are re- opened around town, Belkis, Anna, and Kiki are open, I did not check Eminem Massage.

Where is this place Passions located, I can not seem to locate it!:rofl:

sopranostingray
07-31-2013, 10:50 AM
Most of the suck sheds are re- opened around town, Belkis, Anna, and Kiki are open, I did not check Eminem Massage.

Where is this place Passions located, I can not seem to locate it!:rofl:

Belkis, Annas and Kika were never closed. It's M&M Massage...not the singer. LOL

sopranostingray
07-31-2013, 10:51 AM
Zuni was closed because she did not have doors on the massage rooms, just a curtain. Also she did not have a tiled floor.

That's what Karen told me as well....it was pretty enough for Turismo.

JD426
07-31-2013, 11:45 AM
So the suck shacks were not closed because they Give Blowjobs with the massage, they were closed because of things like NOT having Tile Floors, walls instead of curtains, plumbing fixtures or whatever, and proper Permits if they are doing "massages", rather than say a salon or what have you ... ?
Just trying to understand what exactly was resolved and how this helped the town "image" or whatever they were going for..

I have to admit, im even more confused..by them re-opening.. but Im glad for those who enjoy they..

sopranostingray
07-31-2013, 12:34 PM
So the suck shacks were not closed because they Give Blowjobs with the massage, they were closed because of things like NOT having Tile Floors, walls instead of curtains, plumbing fixtures or whatever, and proper Permits if they are doing "massages", rather than say a salon or what have you ... ?
Just trying to understand what exactly was resolved and how this helped the town "image" or whatever they were going for..

I have to admit, im even more confused..by them re-opening.. but Im glad for those who enjoy they..

Judge, it really is confusing lately. Zuni was legit....not sure if she had all her papers. She said she did, but who knows. But how can Belkis stay open when we all know what goes on there. Who's hands did they grease? or is she blowing the new director of turismo?

hugrad95a
07-31-2013, 03:37 PM
Judge, it really is confusing lately. Zuni was legit....not sure if she had all her papers. She said she did, but who knows. But how can Belkis stay open when we all know what goes on there. Who's hands did they grease? or is she blowing the new director of turismo?

Welcome to the DR

WickedWillie
07-31-2013, 05:43 PM

Really????????????? My lips are sealed:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

Seville
07-31-2013, 07:26 PM
The massage places being closed are a boon to me. The one I used to stop at a few times a month is closed down. A couple of those chicas gave pretty good head and I would stop in on my way to breakfast. Good 500 peso BBBJ to start the day. Now that they are closed a chica that worked there called me the other day and came to my house and gave head for 300 pesos. On my way back from the beach today I ran into another and she hopped on my moto, came to my place and sucked me off for 400 pesos (and she has world class tits too).

It appears that now that they don't have pay the overhead that they did before they are passing that savings along to their customers. Wonderful business model.