PDA

View Full Version : 10/2013 - Rancho Tipico

Pages : 1 [2] 3 4 5

hugrad95a
09-14-2014, 10:56 AM
Yes the wings are good but the food is pretty basic. On Tuesday there is 100 peso spaghetti with meat sauce; not the best I have had in Sosua but certainly acceptable. Saturday night is wing night. Excellent portion of wings for 200 pesos, 250 with fries. The chicken fingers are pretty good and good portion for 200 pesos with potato. Those are about the only things I have tried other than the breakfast.

It is not a food destination. The food is more for convenience while you are there having a few.

The buffet is great also... Those wings are great....

Seville
09-14-2014, 11:16 AM
The buffet is great also... Those wings are great....

He doesn't do the Thursday night BBQ any longer.

ezsmile
09-14-2014, 11:21 AM
THIS!
Let's clear for a second what good restaurant means...
a restaurant to be considered "good" must have high quality food, a certain variety of different interesting dishes and a good selection of wine and good service. Any german- schnitzel place does not fall in that category, sorry for the german food lovers but this is just the truth, unless you have a palate of a 5 years old toddler that likes just one or two things ( schnitzel and sausage).
Best restaurant quality/price/service in Sosua is hands down Bologna. For fried fish for sure the place in Charamicos (schhhhhhh... Don't spread the word... Let's keep it a secret...)

The couple who used to run Bologna are now running the restaurunt at Infiniti Blu. It is called Cafe Mio. They have a little cafe and pastry shop,a little bar, and a restaurant there. The restaurant is indoor/outdoor with the indoor being a full blown regular restaurant with a/c. The food and presentation is excellent, and the prices are reasonable.

Try it out one night, and if you get a chance to talk to the owners (man is Italian and wife French Canadian) they will tell you their vision and how it will compare to when they ran Bologna. I was never that familiar with Bologna, but I will be returning to Cafe Mio, so I would find you opinion interesting.

MH16
09-14-2014, 11:21 AM
https://www.facebook.com/video.php?v=372298949602419

all the talk about the dancing and i saw this today. im sure most will approve

hugrad95a
09-14-2014, 11:27 AM
He doesn't do the Thursday night BBQ any longer.

Damn....I also had the fish there in lemon or cream sauce it was good. His potatoes are great also, real german style fried potatoes.

JD426
09-14-2014, 11:37 AM
The Zigeuner Schnitzel mi Pomme Frites was always pretty good on the beach..
Hope he is still making that.. its a winner.
" Gypsy Schnitzel" , for you Amerikaners...

Seville
09-14-2014, 11:42 AM
I stopped in last night and what a treat it was! I got to see a 65+ yo German guy get down on one knee in the middle of the dance floor and propose to his 22 yo Dominican chica. Amazingly, she accepted. I could feel the magic in the air. Ad played the wedding march and the waitresses threw rice. Very touching.:rofl::rofl:

JD426
09-14-2014, 11:44 AM
I stopped in last night and what a treat it was! I got to see a 65+ yo German guy get down on one knee in the middle of the dance floor and propose to his 22 yo Dominican chica. Amazingly, she accepted. I could feel the magic in the air. Ad played the wedding march and the waitresses threw rice. Very touching.:rofl::rofl:

Careful,
the good mayor may try to shut the place down now for " Officiating Weddings , without proper License"..

a serious offense, in the Politically Correct Climate of Sosua..

Seville
09-14-2014, 11:45 AM
For you guys that used to go to The Black Box on the beach there is good news. Ad has brought back his chicken soup at Rancho Tipico served with fresh bread. Back then it was 100 pesos which was a great deal. Not sure how much he is charging at Rancho Tipico but I will be ordering it soon.

steviewonder
09-14-2014, 12:12 PM
https://www.facebook.com/video.php?v=372298949602419

all the talk about the dancing and i saw this today. im sure most will approve

that is one great :bootyshake:, I mean she has a great smile:cheesygrin:

Ratt
09-14-2014, 01:25 PM
1- what do you mean with " wasn't finished?"
pizza dough was not fully baked

QueGuapo
09-15-2014, 12:08 PM
The couple who used to run Bologna are now running the restaurunt at Infiniti Blu. It is called Cafe Mio. They have a little cafe and pastry shop,a little bar, and a restaurant there. The restaurant is indoor/outdoor with the indoor being a full blown regular restaurant with a/c. The food and presentation is excellent, and the prices are reasonable.

Try it out one night, and if you get a chance to talk to the owners (man is Italian and wife French Canadian) they will tell you their vision and how it will compare to when they ran Bologna. I was never that familiar with Bologna, but I will be returning to Cafe Mio, so I would find you opinion interesting.

Thank you. I will for sure check this place out in three weeks and talk to the owner.

QueGuapo
09-15-2014, 12:11 PM
pizza dough was not fully baked

Ok, this was a pretty stupid mistake by the "pizzaiolo" ( pizza maker).
A decent pizza cooked in brick oven is at terra linda. I think it's on the expensive side but it's not bad.
Another good pizzeria/restaurant is "La Tarappa" in Puerto Plata one block down to where Crystal is...

thunderstar
09-15-2014, 05:34 PM
La Trappa - Our last visit to the DR - Weyland took us there - great place, great food and lovely surroundings. :ilike:

QueGuapo
09-15-2014, 05:41 PM
Getting back to the original thread:
Seville, or Jose12345 or whoever knows Ad pretty well... what's his take on this new arrest of Armando?
he must feel nervous, no?

SeaWeed
09-15-2014, 06:26 PM
Seville, or Jose12345 or whoever knows Ad pretty well... what's his take on this new arrest of Armando?
met and know Ad from the Black Box and when he was at Mozarts in Boca Chica.......
wondering if it wouldn't be a bad idea for him to be less visible.........and maybe even a planned vacation out of the area......
really a horrible time to be a business owner doing any kind of business in Sosua with Chicas around........
but no Chicas........no business..........ugh..........

Hunter
09-15-2014, 06:47 PM
met and know Ad from the Black Box and when he was at Mozarts in Boca Chica.......
wondering if it wouldn't be a bad idea for him to be less visible.........and maybe even a planned vacation out of the area......
really a horrible time to be a business owner doing any kind of business in Sosua with Chicas around........
but no Chicas........no business..........ugh..........

I highly doubt they would fuck with Ad. I don't think you can connect Armondo and AD. AD is just running a friendly bar that happens to have hos there. Armondo was more a bigger fish with a shady past that maybe they wanted to send a message.

I think if they arrested AD for simply running a bar the town would revolt with Seville holding the pitchforks :lol:

ezsmile
09-15-2014, 07:31 PM
I highly doubt they would fuck with Ad. I don't think you can connect Armondo and AD. AD is just running a friendly bar that happens to have hos there. Armondo was more a bigger fish with a shady past that maybe they wanted to send a message.

I think if they arrested AD for simply running a bar the town would revolt with Seville holding the pitchforks :lol:

I agree but then one never knows.

Compare Classicos disco, with a line up of hoes waiting to get in, and once in the place is packed with mostly single male tourists and Dominican/Haitian hoes (admittedly there are also a few groups of ordinary tourists having a good time), all dolled up in their spike heaels and then leaving with their clients in full view of the street, to Rancho Tipico - a small bar way down the street where the waitresses are not dressed in hoe clothes, they serve drinks and food and dance and that is it. A few hoes sit on the periphery but they remain in the background and are not walking up and down the PC strip for the most part.

Pretty laid back in comparison, although like I said one never knows. What about the 2 after hours places, Copacabana and Caipirina? Never been but how popular are those?

Is it a case of out of sight out of mind?

Bud64
09-15-2014, 08:22 PM
I was there on my trip in April, I really enjoyed the food, good to very good. The atmosphere was appealing, girls were friendly. This is just the place I would like to have spent more time but it was my last night in town. Seville was a great host for a newbie like myself but I would feel very comfortable going back.

I had a girl lined up for the night but there was some lookers coming and going and coming back :rofl::rofl::rofl:

weyland
09-15-2014, 10:54 PM
La Tarappa - Our last visit to the DR - Weyland took us there - great place, great food and lovely surroundings. :ilike:
I bet I didn't pay, though?

thunderstar
09-16-2014, 05:11 AM
I really don't remember - but it was a pleasure to be in your company.

jose1234
09-16-2014, 11:55 AM

I did not have a full discussion with him, but he is changing the staff to ugly ass Dominican waitresses lately and trying to tone the place down a bit to stay off the radar more, but I think he is aware he may be next. I don't think he is worried as much about the closing of the bar as what might happen to him since he has a child he loves here and he likes the DR.

Señor JDR of Medellin
09-16-2014, 12:00 PM
I did not have a full discussion with him, but he is changing the staff to ugly ass Dominican waitresses lately and trying to tone the place down a bit to stay off the radar more, but I think he is aware he may be next. I don't think he is worried as much about the closing of the bar as what might happen to him since he has a child he loves here and he likes the DR.

That area keeps changing. I have no idea why guys arrive, hear the stories and assume, its done changing. many of us came in early 2000-2004 after it changed from years earlier and saw it continue to change.

To think, its done changing is a big mistake.

wayne1967
09-16-2014, 12:10 PM

All that it takes is the closing of one or two more venues (e.g., Rancho Tipico, Rumba, Bar Central, or Merengue; pick any two) and they (whoever that is; up for discussion) will have accomplished their objective.
In my books, they are 80% along the way.

JD426
09-16-2014, 12:18 PM

Finally some Honesty... cuz some other dudes just feel this Need to not hurt his feelings or something.
Ad KNOWS exactly what he is doing, esp in this environment.
... he is not hiring Fuglies by accident... IMO, it wont hurt his feelings to tell it like it is..

And imo again, If he FOCUSES 90 % on the FOOD, and makes it strictly a Restaurant, which just happnes to have Expats drinking at night and some nice music. He should have NO problems.. Bring your own date, dont be coming here looking for putas, should be a sign at the door.

Cuz dudes Pulling Chicas out of there to fuck em for 3 mil pesos, even after her shift ends , is NOT helping him in this Hostile Sosua environment..

you guys gathering at Rancho there need to TONE it down couple notches, just as much as the dudes with the Pool parties yelling crude obscenities over the PA... Nobody is immune..

steviewonder
09-16-2014, 12:25 PM

I think he is doing a good job, especially given the bar's location as well as that it caters to 99% ex pats living here. IMO, if and when more tourists in groups start supporting the place, along with more Dominican chicas, then he will have an issue with the local authorities.:icontd:

Hunter
09-16-2014, 12:28 PM
All that it takes is the closing of one or two more venues (e.g., Rancho Tipico, Rumba, Bar Central, or Merengue; pick any two) and they (whoever that is; up for discussion) will have accomplished their objective.
In my books, they are 80% along the way.

They have only actually closed one bar - Dlatin - right?? If they close Rumba and Classico then they got something.

ezsmile
09-16-2014, 12:35 PM
They have only actually closed one bar - Dlatin - right?? If they close Rumba and Classico then they got something.

They closed El Toro as well. Last year I think, when the attorney general's office closed a lot of places throughout the country. Rumors I heard on that one is that the owner or manager is still in jail. Whatever is true, you certainly don't hear about that place or him any more. If true then no wonder one would agree to take voluntary deportation!

deezl
09-16-2014, 12:45 PM
rancho tipico probably isn't even on their radar right now due to its location.

JD426
09-16-2014, 12:46 PM

I have a Hunch, they dont want to close any more places. or they would have done it already..
Deporting people , kicking non Dom Nationals out, YES..
I didnt want to contradict what another poster said before about "they want the place closed"...
If that were the case, then Peters place (whos is now in germany), and Rumba, would not be allowed to RE open, or stay open..
No way they would have allowed it.. just toned down ,, that seems to be enough for them.

And people keep saying Armando was "deported", I thought it stated he VOLUNTEERED to leave the country, promising never to return ? ( they twisted his arm, yes, but nonetheless)
If thats the case, im sure he Negotiated something for it ( not fighting them in court) , other than just staying out of jail..

Initially i had incorrectly thought they wanted these Places for the REAL ESTATE, but that does not seem to be the case. Does it ?
they may be looking to just send messages about the TYPE of places they want open, and the types of Patrons they will tolerate.

At this point i would be shocked if they closed Classicos, because it will leave huge Void.. and imo they made a deal to allow the palce to continue but no more blatant Putas looking for customers.

It would really be the Twilight zone of Classicos closes its Doors, and City Lights ends up being THE Hot spot to go to and dance with the Putas..
And then the Authorities have to start the process all over again..
better to have ONE real disco, and be in control, no ?

The Sage
09-16-2014, 01:11 PM
How do you tone Rumbas or Clasicos down when there was never anything nefarious taking place in either bar? Both are simply gathering spots for tourists and locals. Deporting the owners and shutting down D'Latin sends the message you don't want large places where johns and hoes can conduct "business" in el centro. If that's the reason then leaving them open makes no sense because you still have two large gathering places where johns and hoes can conduct business in el centro. Same problem with the only difference the original owners have been deported. Unfortunately I think Clasicos will be shut down within the next few weeks. Maybe the deal Armando cut was for Merengue and After 1 to still be allowed to operate. There was a time when there were no discos in el centro. A couple of trips ago I saw Willie with a group coming out of the old High Caribe. I'm thinking he renovates the place and reopens it. Might explain why the new CESTUR station is right across the street. This will take some time so there might be a multi-month period where there is no real disco in Sosua that caters to tourists. For those who don't know the history of Sosua this isn't the first time they've run discos/large bars out of el centro.

I have a Hunch, they dont want to close any more places. or they would have done it already..
I didnt want to contradict what another poster said before about "they want the place closed"...
If that were the case, then Peters place (whos is now in germany), and Rumba, would not be allowed to RE open, or stay open..
No way they would have allowed it.. just toned down ,, that seems to be enough for them.

And people keep saying Armando was "deported", I thought it stated he VOLUNTEERED to leave the country, promising never to return ? ( they twisted his arm, yes, but nonetheless)
If thats the case, im sure he Negotiated something for it ( not fighting them in court) , other than just staying out of jail..

Initially i had incorrectly thought they wanted these Places for the REAL ESTATE, but that does not seem to be the case. Does it ?
they may be looking to just send messages about the TYPE of places they want open, and the types of Patrons they will tolerate.

At this point i would be shocked if they closed Classicos, because it will leave huge Void.. and imo they made a deal to allow the palce to continue but no more blatant Putas looking for customers.

It would really be the Twilight zone of Classicos closes its Doors, and City Lights ends up being THE Hot spot to go to and dance with the Putas..

deezl
09-16-2014, 01:19 PM

At this point, I'd be shocked if Classico and Rumba were still open for business in November.

What does running Bobby and Armando out of town really accomplish if their venues stay open? Unless their goal is the appearance of doing something (which actually achieves nothing) then they likely ran them out in the hopes that they would close their spots.

I wouldn't even be surprised if they started (assuming they haven't tried already) 'sending' minors in with fake cedulas (and maybe some drugs in their pockets) just so they could raid and close the places.

j_d66
09-16-2014, 01:46 PM
Consider the possibility that there was something else going on here and they used the promoting prostitution angle as a means to get what they wanted accomplished.

Perhaps there was something else going on with this gentleman and others would benefit from having him gone from the country. Whatever was said in that meeting was enough to persuade him to leave and it was probably more than the fear of rotting in a Dominican jail.

They have put fear into the WW community and make them scared to return which certainly reduces the in your face action that I am sure many would like gone from the country. I am sure there are some that were considering coming to Sosua that have now changed their plans.

Remember that Classicos was basically closed for a number of months and it really wasn't missed all that much. It only came back and opened on a consistent basis when D'Latin shut down.

So if it does shut down again there will be something else that will open back up to take up the slack. There are rumors that DLatin is going to reopen again in the near future about the time that things start to get busier. There was always some kind of connection between DLatin, Classicos and After One anyway so he must have been involved in DLatin in some manner. After all Willie might have been the face of DLatin but it is doubtful he was the financial backing for it.

Rancho Tipico is a completely different place than what's available on the strip and that is part of the charm.
People that go there seem to be having a good time.
The atmosphere is relaxed and it is just a fun place to hang out imo.

The WW will probably never like this place and for that I am ecstatic.

We need the bars for something to do and for somewhere to hang out and enjoy the evening.

They are not necessary for picking up chicas as there will always be chicas willing to satisfy our hunger for sexy time regardless of what places are open to service us.

It is just much easier to go to the meat market pen that it is to have to head out to the field to catch it.

A clean up could actually end up being a good thing.
Perhaps the days where the chica ratio of 20-1 will no longer exist and maybe it will take more than a walk to the PC and 60 seconds to secure some action but they will always be there and there will always be opportunity.

Let's face it, a new crop turns 18 every day and it's not like there are going to be to many new opportunities to earn a living anytime in the near future as the dream of the "family tourist" saving the day will not and can not happen fast enough.

They gotta eat, pay the rent, buy the ropa and keep the RD on the phone and most of them know well enough there is one very easy way to accomplish that.

wayne1967
09-16-2014, 01:58 PM
Let's face it, a new crop turns 18 every day and it's not like there are going to be to many new opportunities to earn a living anytime in the near future as the dream of the "family tourist" saving the day will not and can not happen fast enough.

They gotta eat, pay the rent, buy the ropa and keep the RD on the phone and most of them know well enough there is one very easy way to accomplish that.

Lest you forget. There is only one thing worse than being a chica w/o customers and money; being a chica w/o customers, money, and being locked up.
Hasn't the new CESTUR pen at the far end of PC opened yet?

There is now talk that Carnival will allow passengers to disembark in Maimon for multi-day excursions. And multi-day excursions will def allow cruise ship passengers enough time to get to and enjoy Playa Sosua.
And I don't think that the cruise ship crowd and mongers mix very well.

So the powers in-charge need to clean-up the place before the end of the year. And they sure are making an effort.

My point: all the pieces of the puzzle are finally beginning to fall into place.

JD426
09-16-2014, 02:02 PM
At this point, I'd be shocked if Classico and Rumba were still open for business in November.

What does running Bobby and Armando out of town really accomplish if their venues stay open? Unless their goal is the appearance of doing something (which actually achieves nothing) then they likely ran them out in the hopes that they would close their spots.

I wouldn't even be surprised if they started (assuming they haven't tried already) 'sending' minors in with fake cedulas (and maybe some drugs in their pockets) just so they could raid and close the places.

I respectfully disagree with you 100%... I think they perhaps see now that EMPTY looks worse than TONED DOWN.. As you may recall they started wih the window frames, didnt get the desired results so they started closing places.. Do you really think they didnt have the POWER to CLOSE the places from the beginning ? please..
Its not the place, it the clientele they want OUT
.. as i said in the begin of this crackdown i thought they wanted to "steal" the real estate by de Valuing it..
but maybe they see that EMPTY or burned out, does not look good for investors..

Ita the old sweep the dirt under the carpet when the guests are arriving syndrome.. Burning the carpet & the perhaps the whole living room in the process, serves no purpose. Maybe they FEAR that OWNERS will Retaliate by Torching their own places rather than just handing it over to these Goons who really have NO legal right to close a Sports bar, etc ?

I also think they will target soon, but not the places like Rumbas y Classicos, with the old Cedulas and underage Gag , that does nothing..
Next up imo, is targeting Mongers.
and IMO Rumbas will stay open, as will Classicos which they will use as a STAGE for their bullshit Theather..

....but your guess is as good as mine.

JDR
09-16-2014, 02:09 PM
Lest you forget. There is only one thing worse than being a chica w/o customers and money; being a chica w/o customers, money, and being locked up.

There is now talk that Carnival will allow passengers to disembark in Maimon for multi-day excursions. And multi-day excursions will def allow cruise ship passengers enough time to get to and enjoy Playa Sosua.

S

My point: all the pieces of the puzzle are finally beginning to fall into place.

Since when does a ship stay in port a few days?

Seville
09-16-2014, 02:23 PM
Finally some Honesty... cuz some other dudes just feel this Need to not hurt his feelings or something.
... he is not hiring Fuglies by accident... IMO, it wont hurt his feelings to tell it like it is..

And imo again, If he FOCUSES 90 % on the FOOD, and makes it strictly a Restaurant, which just happnes to have Expats drinking at night and some nice music. He should have NO problems.. Bring your own date, dont be coming here looking for putas, should be a sign at the door.

Cuz dudes Pulling Chicas out of there to fuck em for 3 mil pesos, even after her shift ends , is NOT helping him in this Hostile Sosua environment..

you guys gathering at Rancho there need to TONE it down couple notches, just as much as the dudes with the Pool parties yelling crude obscenities over the PA... Nobody is immune..

What the hell are you talking about?? :confused::confused:

He wanted to hire more Dominican waitresses. That is true. But your contention that he deliberately hires ugly chicas is just you making shit up out of thin air. How do you know he is deliberately hiring ugly chicas? Did he tell you that? When did he tell you that; because that is certainly not what he told me and, unlike you, I talk to him 4 or 5 times a week.

Who is it that doesn't want to hurt his feelings? I don't understand that tidbit of information either. Care to elaborate?

As for the guys gathering at Rancho Tipico needing to "tone it down" you really need to explain that one to me. How shall WE tone it down? Perhaps WE should stop drinking alcohol there??? Oh, but wait; it is bar and the express goal is to serve alcohol and make money. Oh, I know; WE should stop dancing with our chicas there. Oops, another problem; there is a dance floor area and music played specifically for people to dance and enjoy themselves. That is about all any of us does when we go to Rancho Tipico, drink and dance. But I am certainly open to any suggestions you may have regarding US toning it down.

j_d66
09-16-2014, 02:23 PM

So the powers in-charge need to clean-up the place before the end of the year. And they sure are making an effort.

Where did you glean this bit of information from?

There are few if any ships that stay in one place for more than a day. Even places like Puerto Rico that is a point of origination and destination does not stay longer than a day with passengers on board. The whole idea of a cruise is to get out and visit multiple destinations so they are constantly on the move especially when in the Caribbean. Even the most popular destinations like St Thomas don't stay for more than a day.

Face it the north shore of the Dominican Republic does not have enough to offer a cruise ship passenger to warrant staying more than a few hours unless it was to chase after chicas and we all know they are not looking to promote that type of excursion. :rofl::rofl::rofl:

deezl
09-16-2014, 02:25 PM
Since when does a ship stay in port a few days?

pretty much never. ships don't make money in port, they make their money at sea.

j_d66
09-16-2014, 02:29 PM

Here is the new pen as of the end of July. There appears to be some jail space there but it looks much more like a police station than a jail.

http://i1279.photobucket.com/albums/y529/j_d66/dr%2013/IMG_2449_zps30af497e.jpg (http://s1279.photobucket.com/user/j_d66/media/dr%2013/IMG_2449_zps30af497e.jpg.html)

http://i1279.photobucket.com/albums/y529/j_d66/dr%2013/IMG_2448_zps10740a75.jpg (http://s1279.photobucket.com/user/j_d66/media/dr%2013/IMG_2448_zps10740a75.jpg.html)

Not sure why they located it here other than the land was available and someone wanted to spend some money to make themselves look better politically.

The chicas have had to deal with being locked up for some time. A new jail is not going to change that and at least for a little while the accommodations are going to be much better.
The chicas have much greater fear of what the policia might do them and take advantage of them than they do being locked up.
Many of these chicas have had hard lives and they will survive.

JDR
09-16-2014, 02:29 PM
pretty much never. ships don't make money in port, they make their money at sea.

You pay for drinks on board and lose money gambling.

Hunter
09-16-2014, 02:30 PM

Yeah. They did a documentary on CNBC and I remember Norwieigen cruise owns there own land spots at certain locations. They own all the vendors restaurants etc on that stop. They want that money for themselves. They are not in the business to make the stops rich.

wayne1967
09-16-2014, 02:34 PM
Next up imo, is targeting Mongers.

....but your guess is as good as mine.

I wholeheartedly agree.
Remember, sCubadave?:)

First he was loudly promoting Sosua and the DR as *the* party place. After a good shakedown by DR authorities and US CBP, he has changed his stance completely.
Punish 1, teach 100!!!

If I were in charge, I'd just randomly arrest five mongers a week, hold them for two days, when put them on the next plane so that they can tell all their friends what just happened.

But let's not give them any ideas...

JD426
09-16-2014, 02:36 PM
What the hell are you talking about?? :confused::confused:

He wanted to hire more Dominican waitresses. That is true. But your contention that he deliberately hires ugly chicas is just you making shit up out of thin air. How do you know he is deliberately hiring ugly chicas? Did he tell you that? When did he tell you that; because that is certainly not what he told me and, unlike you, I talk to him 4 or 5 times a week.

Who is it that doesn't want to hurt his feelings? I don't understand that tidbit of information either. Care to elaborate?

As for the guys gathering at Rancho Tipico needing to "tone it down" you really need to explain that one to me. How shall WE tone it down? Perhaps WE should stop drinking alcohol there??? Oh, but wait; it is bar and the express goal is to serve alcohol and make money. Oh, I know; WE should stop dancing with our chicas there. Oops, another problem; there is a dance floor area and music played specifically for people to dance and enjoy themselves. That is about all any of us does when we go to Rancho Tipico, drink and dance. But I am certainly open to any suggestions you may have regarding US toning it down.

I really dont have any desire of explaining it to you in more detail ..

you seem to know it all. and have since you first landed on the island.

Are you still doing your Haitian chica pool parties ??
im guessing NO.. thats an example of toning it down..
Does Ad Allow SALIDAS ?? no, thats toning it down.

who said anything about NOT drinking and Dancing on a dance floor?

dont make me get out my box of crayons..

this is not about you... Nor am i telling Ad how to run his business..

Argue with the good mayor, go put words in her mouth
not mine

ezsmile
09-16-2014, 02:41 PM
Where did you glean this bit of information from?

There are few if any ships that stay in one place for more than a day. Even places like Puerto Rico that is a point of origination and destination does not stay longer than a day with passengers on board. The whole idea of a cruise is to get out and visit multiple destinations so they are constantly on the move especially when in the Caribbean. Even the most popular destinations like St Thomas don't stay for more than a day.

Face it the north shore of the Dominican Republic does not have enough to offer a cruise ship passenger to warrant staying more than a few hours unless it was to chase after chicas and we all know they are not looking to promote that type of excursion. :rofl::rofl::rofl:

what I read was that a passenger would book their trip in advance to come in on one cruiseliner, take a few days off in the country while the original ship leaves, then the passenger continues on their cruise holiday by leaving on the next ship to come into port. How feasible that is I have no idea.

Seville
09-16-2014, 03:11 PM
I really dont have any desire of explaining it to you in more detail ..

you seem to know it all. and have since you first landed on the island.

Are you still doing your Haitian chica pool parties ??
im guessing NO.. thats an example of toning it down..
Does Ad Allow SALIDAS ?? no, thats toning it down.

who said anything about NOT drinking and Dancing on a dance floor?

dont make me get out my box of crayons..

this is not about you... Nor am i telling Ad how to run his business..

Argue with the good mayor, go put words in her mouth
not mine

Go back and read your own post. You said; "you guys gathering at Rancho Tipico need to tone it down". That is exactly what you said. That specifically implies that we need to tone it down while gathering at Rancho Tipico. Really no other way to read that.

I had a very nice pool party for my birthday with 20+ chicas. Thank you very much.

I knew almost nothing about this place when I first landed. Now I know just enough that I don't have to make stuff up and engage in endless speculation.

You don't need to get out your box of crayons. You always have them out because it is the only thing you are capable of writing with much of the time. Also, you should try growing a thicker skin if you are going to participate on internet message boards. You get your panties in a bunch pretty easily over nothing. When you post something it is fair game for all, good and bad. If you can't handle a little criticism from time to time perhaps you should refrain from posting.

Mr. Smooth
09-16-2014, 04:02 PM

JD, what dudes exactly are you referring to who don't want to hurt Ad's feelings? I'm a bit in the dark with that. After having just got back from a trip there, and visiting RT on probably 5-6 nights during a 10 night stay, I gotta go with Seville on this.

Look, IMO, the customer service that Ad provides is excellent. He is one of the few bar owners who consistantly offered free drinks (mama shots, sambuca....fucking hell....I can't forget that even if it made me forget everything else that happened afterward on my first night in town!) that I have ever received. And others have said the same. He helps to foster a spirited time for all, and encourages his staff to engage with the customers. Not, mind you, for any hanky panky, at least overtly, but just to make sure they are enjoying themselves.

Regarding the food, I see nothing wrong with it. The place is not 5 star, it is not Wolfgang Puck ok! But a chica did share her spaghetti with me and it was damn tasty. Chef Boyardee out of a can it was not!

Dudes pulling staff out for 3000 when they close? I saw none of that during my visits, and on two occasions, it was Seville and I who closed the joint. I even shook the hand of the security guy and said goodnight as I walked out.

If any of that does go on, I'm sure that Ad has cautioned them to be discreet about it, to make plans away from his place of business. Of course he is aware of the current climate and as far as I could tell, he is managing his place with all that in mind.

I had a bad chica experience there my 2nd night. Not a staff member, a Haitiana customer. Caused a ruckus back at the condo. Paid the bitch to leave, not a great deal. I told Ad about it and he banned her from the place. Even told me he saw the surveilance tape of us walking out. She was 86'd, told me she wasn't welcome back. I appreciated his gesture. He wants his customers to enjoy themselves and come back. If I lived there, it would be a place I would go 2-3 times a week for a few drinks.

At no time was there any need for anyone to tone it down. It already is a nice, chill place to enjoy the evening. No over the top wildness, just good music, a festive atmosphere, and a great alternative to the usual suspects. And a reasonable price on the grande cervezas. You won't break the bank to enjoy yourself there with friends.

The only thing I would advise is that if you want to buy a staff member a drink, you get the price of whatever drink it is before agreeing to pay. That way there is no confusion. Otherwise, stop in and have a good time.

Irie
09-16-2014, 05:14 PM
JD, what dudes exactly are you referring to who don't want to hurt Ad's feelings? I'm a bit in the dark with that. After having just got back from a trip there, and visiting RT on probably 5-6 nights during a 10 night stay, I gotta go with Seville on this.

Look, IMO, the customer service that Ad provides is excellent. He is one of the few bar owners who consistantly offered free drinks (mama shots, sambuca....fucking hell....I can't forget that even if it made me forget everything else that happened afterward on my first night in town!) that I have ever received. And others have said the same. He helps to foster a spirited time for all, and encourages his staff to engage with the customers. Not, mind you, for any hanky panky, at least overtly, but just to make sure they are enjoying themselves.

Regarding the food, I see nothing wrong with it. The place is not 5 star, it is not Wolfgang Puck ok! But a chica did share her spaghetti with me and it was damn tasty. Chef Boyardee out of a can it was not!

Dudes pulling staff out for 3000 when they close? I saw none of that during my visits, and on two occasions, it was Seville and I who closed the joint. I even shook the hand of the security guy and said goodnight as I walked out.

If any of that does go on, I'm sure that Ad has cautioned them to be discreet about it, to make plans away from his place of business. Of course he is aware of the current climate and as far as I could tell, he is managing his place with all that in mind.

I had a bad chica experience there my 2nd night. Not a staff member, a Haitiana customer. Caused a ruckus back at the condo. Paid the bitch to leave, not a great deal. I told Ad about it and he banned her from the place. Even told me he saw the surveilance tape of us walking out. She was 86'd, told me she wasn't welcome back. I appreciated his gesture. He wants his customers to enjoy themselves and come back. If I lived there, it would be a place I would go 2-3 times a week for a few drinks.

At no time was there any need for anyone to tone it down. It already is a nice, chill place to enjoy the evening. No over the top wildness, just good music, a festive atmosphere, and a great alternative to the usual suspects. And a reasonable price on the grande cervezas. You won't break the bank to enjoy yourself there with friends.

The only thing I would advise is that if you want to buy a staff member a drink, you get the price of whatever drink it is before agreeing to pay. That way there is no confusion. Otherwise, stop in and have a good time.

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

I forgot all about that. You were feeling no pain!

Every night we were there after that he was searching for another 'victim.' He was successful each time except my last night, so he tried to persuade me. Ummm, after seeing its effectiveness................I had to pass. :wink:

edit- I hope that story makes your trip report. :smile:

wayne1967
09-16-2014, 05:47 PM
And let's not forget how 15 pages ago, most everybody was, like: "Dude has no clue." "Place will never survive." Etc.

steviewonder
09-16-2014, 05:48 PM
what I read was that a passenger would book their trip in advance to come in on one cruiseliner, take a few days off in the country while the original ship leaves, then the passenger continues on their cruise holiday by leaving on the next ship to come into port. How feasible that is I have no idea.

If you read it in SN, well I think most would agree, it's BS reporting:rofl::rofl:

http://www.sosuanews.com/index.php?id=3830&article=1

Señor JDR of Medellin
09-16-2014, 05:50 PM

I never heard of such a cruise?

JD426
09-16-2014, 05:54 PM

The Dom NY Deportee Touts must be Salivating if its true..

tgunz
09-16-2014, 06:32 PM

I know many people who take that cruise.. including me! But it's perfect for people who are afraid to fly and get sick of being on the ship!

wayne1967
09-16-2014, 06:40 PM

Now. That settles it!:) You have never heard about it; can't be! :)

Seriously though.
Labadee: you can't let the average cruise ship passenger out. Or the average Haitian in. If you have ever been to Haiti, you know why.

The DR (and North Coast) is just developed enough for the average American. But still retains the rustic feeling. PERFECT.

Señor JDR of Medellin
09-16-2014, 06:43 PM
Now. That settles it!:) You have never heard about it; can't be! :)

Seriously though.
Labadee: you can't let the average cruise ship passenger out. Or the average Haitian in. If you have ever been to Haiti, you know why.

The DR (and North Coast) is just developed enough for the average American. But still retains the rustic feeling. PERFECT.

Cruise ships are not geared up for dropping people off and picking them up later.

jose1234
09-16-2014, 06:53 PM

I agree ezsmile. Leaving on the next ship? It's not feasible, its not possible and its not done anywhere on any major cruise line I am aware of. In addition, I have looked through cruise boat itineraries and so far have not found any cruise boats planing to stop in Puerto Plata in the next twelve months... I don't see any recent news about a completion date from the company either... I can't really say what all this is about, maybe some cleanup so the Brugal family can develop Sosua and the downtown area??? Any speculation is valid or just dumbass thinking by the locals as well. By this time next year we will find out something, maybe.

JD426
09-16-2014, 06:57 PM
I agree ezsmile. Leaving on the next ship? It's not feasible, its not possible and its not done anywhere on any major cruise line I am aware of. In addition, I have looked through cruise boat itineraries and so far have not found any cruise boats planing to stop in Puerto Plata in the next twelve months... I don't see any recent news about a completion date from the company either... I can't really say what all this is about, maybe some cleanup so the Brugal family can develop Sosua and the downtown area??? Any speculation is valid or just dumbass thinking by the locals as well. By this time next year we will find out something, maybe.

God Willing we will all still all be here, arguing with each other over who is right and who is wrong, and guessing at theories on why when where and who

... Not such a bad thing, considering the alternative...

Señor JDR of Medellin
09-16-2014, 06:59 PM
God Willing we will all still all be here, arguing with each other over who is right and who is wrong, and guessing at theories on why when where and who

... Not such a bad thing, considering the alternative...

Where we all going? You hear something?:confused:

JD426
09-16-2014, 07:02 PM
Where we all going? You hear something?:confused:

wow, ok, i must be having a bad English day..

i mean, IF all of us, as in noone MIA or KIA, are still here, same time same channel, next year, and still healthy enough to Argue with each other

thats not such a bad thing..

j_d66
09-16-2014, 07:16 PM

Your right, there is nothing showing Carnival will be there anytime soon.
I was doing a little reading and they are now anticipating December 2015 before ships will start arriving.

Cunard which is owned by Carnival has Amber Cove listed as a port of call as part of one of their round the world cruises on the Queen Mary 2.
If you would like you can welcome the cruise ship on January 22, 2016 but they are only going to be there from morning to afternoon.

Oh and this cruise starts at around $20,000 US so probably not to many will be taking the publico to Sosua this trip :rofl:

In case you wanna book

http://www.cunard.com/cruise-search/book-a-cruise/cruises/qm/1308-m603-nyc1-sou2/ports-and-excursions/#tabbedContent

Oh and in case they don't have the port done by than I am sure they can find another port of call to replace it no problemo.

Señor JDR of Medellin
09-16-2014, 07:19 PM

This one stays a night

M603 leaving New York for 113 nights from 17 January to 9 May 2016 on board Queen Mary 2

michel3275
09-16-2014, 07:31 PM
This one stays a night

M603 leaving New York for 113 nights from 17 January to 9 May 2016 on board Queen Mary 2

Wow thats a long time on a boat :surprised::surprised::surprised:

SeaWeed
09-16-2014, 08:22 PM
Wow thats a long time on a boat :surprised::surprised::surprised:
that's a long friggin time to be eating and drinking with the same people......
what happens if you get stuck with a ship full of assholes :rofl::rofl::rofl:

jose1234
09-16-2014, 08:31 PM
This one stays a night

I think the boat docks at Amber Cove (notice they are not even saying Puerto Plata) from 9am to 5pm on January 22... I wonder how many taxi's are going to go to the port in hopes of picking up people for a sigh seeing trip. I think they will promote the water park in Ocean world, a drive to the old fort in Puerto Plata, 27 waterfalls 25 minutes south of Puerto Plata, horseback riding, dive trips, golfing, swimming, beach stuff and snorkeling near the port and shopping in their fake village near the port. A few people will try to do this on their own and hire a taxi and some people will want to just hire a taxi to sight see for four hours. Why would anyone want to go all the way to Sosua... Sight seeing can be handled in Puerto Plata city where they will have the fort, cable car, Brugal factory and shops and maybe a couple small towns like Luperon or some other place where they fish or experience some agricultural thingy show/exhibit...

psriches
09-16-2014, 08:37 PM
I think the boat docks at Amber Cove (notice they are not even saying Puerto Plata) from 9am to 5pm on January 22... I wonder how many taxi's are going to go to the port in hopes of picking up people for a sigh seeing trip. I think they will promote the water park in Ocean world, a drive to the old fort in Puerto Plata, 27 waterfalls 25 minutes south of Puerto Plata, dive trips, golfing, swimming, beach stuff and snorkeling near the port and shopping in their fake village near the port. A few people will try to do this on their own and hire a taxi and some people will want to just hire a taxi to sight see for four hours. Why would anyone want to go all the way to Sosua... Sight seeing can be handled in Puerto Plata city where they will have the fort, cable car, Brugal factory and shops and maybe a couple small towns like Luperon or some other place where they fish or experience some agricultural thingy show/exhibit...Anyone who has 20k for a queen mary cruise will have done their research on DR and will stay on the fucking boat during this docking.

SeaWeed
09-16-2014, 08:46 PM
Anyone who has 20k for a queen mary cruise will have done their research on DR and will stay on the fucking boat during this docking.
mi could stay in Negril on 20K for a year no problem.....and move if mi don't like who is around in da yard....lol

Irie
09-16-2014, 08:48 PM
I think the boat docks at Amber Cove (notice they are not even saying Puerto Plata) from 9am to 5pm on January 22... I wonder how many taxi's are going to go to the port in hopes of picking up people for a sigh seeing trip. I think they will promote the water park in Ocean world, a drive to the old fort in Puerto Plata, 27 waterfalls 25 minutes south of Puerto Plata, horseback riding, dive trips, golfing, swimming, beach stuff and snorkeling near the port and shopping in their fake village near the port. A few people will try to do this on their own and hire a taxi and some people will want to just hire a taxi to sight see for four hours. Why would anyone want to go all the way to Sosua... Sight seeing can be handled in Puerto Plata city where they will have the fort, cable car, Brugal factory and shops and maybe a couple small towns like Luperon or some other place where they fish or experience some agricultural thingy show/exhibit...

This is the most accurate premonition and reality I've read here.

j_d66
09-17-2014, 12:10 AM
that's a long friggin time to be eating and drinking with the same people......
what happens if you get stuck with a ship full of assholes :rofl::rofl::rofl:

Simple of course. You get off the boat at Amber Cove, hang out for a few days and catch the next boat coming into port hoping the next group will be kinder gentler assholes. :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

JDR
09-17-2014, 08:48 AM
mi could stay in Negril on 20K for a year no problem.....and move if mi don't like who is around in da yard....lol

Some people love cruises.

uncle ruckus
09-17-2014, 10:03 AM
http://www.ambercovecc.com/

There's the info on "Amber Cove"

Amber Cove, Labadee, CoCo Cay, Castaway Cay. It's almost like if the "real" Caribbean is too scary for these tourists.

JD426
09-17-2014, 11:53 AM
Some people love cruises.

Some people love marriage..

Life is a box of chocolates...

Señor JDR of Medellin
09-17-2014, 11:55 AM

Amber Cove, Labadee, CoCo Cay, Castaway Cay. It's almost like if the "real" Caribbean is too scary for these tourists.

The Caribbean’s newest destination, Amber Cove Cruise Center, is located in the Dominican Republic on the Bay of Maimon near Puerto Plata in the country’s North Coast.

The new facility represents one of the largest cruise industry investments ever made in the Dominican Republic. The project is designed to re-establish the Dominican Republic’s North Coast as a popular cruise destination. The last cruise ship to call at Puerto Plata was nearly 30 years ago.

The new two-berth Amber Cove Cruise Center will be able to accommodate up to 8,000 cruise passengers and 2,000 crew members daily.

A transportation hub allowing visitors easy access by land and sea to the surrounding destinations and attractions will be included, as well.

How many ships is that, two?

Crew gets off?

SeaWeed
09-17-2014, 12:06 PM
It's almost like if the "real" Caribbean is too scary for these tourists.
hey some of these tourists are too scary...........lol

mi be sitting at Pee Wees Bar in Negril minding mi own business.........
and mi could hear the tourist talkie about this and that about Negril and Jamaica.....really stupid chit sometimes
sometimes the conversations mi heard were so bad that mi had to leave before mi be roaring with laughter.........lol
this huge fat fugly American lady sitting across from mi one day asked this Jamaican hustler/gigolo/Rent a Dread if he ever dated foreign women........lol
him said "no one as beautiful as you" :rofl::rofl::woohoo:
guess you had to be der......lol

jose1234
09-17-2014, 12:08 PM

Most people want Disneyland (and some of the guys who come here...Westworld).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sNgZFxAnKtA

michel3275
09-17-2014, 12:28 PM
Most people want Disneyland (and some of the guys who come here...Westworld).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sNgZFxAnKtA

Thats why we have to fill the hotel with princesses :corky::corky:

Westy
09-17-2014, 12:57 PM

I think these "private islands" offer an aspect of convenience and perceived safety for the passengers, and of course there's an aspect of revenue-enhancement for the cruise lines. Everything is controlled by the cruise line, there are no port fees, no customs/health/immigration issues, and everyone who isn't a passenger is either an employee of the cruise line, or a vendor licensed by the cruise line.

Private Islands - Caribbean Cruise Reports (http://www.caribbeanportreviews.com/PrivateIslands.htm)

Not sure if Amber Cove will be the same as these; seeing the website decoupled from the Carnival brand prompts me to believe it may be open to other lines. It's also based on an existing harbor; the closest parallel, Labadee, is a peninsula that Royal Caribbean leased and fenced off for security. It would be a good idea for them to set up a managed area of that beach, for cruise-tourist use....

Pardon me for adding to the thread-jack....

j_d66
09-17-2014, 01:15 PM
I think these "private islands" offer an aspect of convenience and perceived safety for the passengers, and of course there's an aspect of revenue-enhancement for the cruise lines. Everything is controlled by the cruise line, there are no port fees, no customs/health/immigration issues, and everyone who isn't a passenger is either an employee of the cruise line, or a vendor licensed by the cruise line.

Private Islands - Caribbean Cruise Reports (http://www.caribbeanportreviews.com/PrivateIslands.htm)

Not sure if Amber Cove will be the same as these; seeing the website decoupled from the Carnival brand prompts me to believe it may be open to other lines. It's also based on an existing harbor; the closest parallel, Labadee, is a peninsula that Royal Caribbean leased and fenced off for security. It would be a good idea for them to set up a managed area of that beach, for cruise-tourist use....

Pardon me for adding to the thread-jack....

Amber Cove is not actually a private island.
It is the name they have given to the Maimon port and the area surrounding it that is being built all of which will be controlled by Carnival.

It appears they are going to let other ships dock there however.

Mr. Smooth
09-17-2014, 03:02 PM
The Caribbean’s newest destination, Amber Cove Cruise Center, is located in the Dominican Republic on the Bay of Maimon near Puerto Plata in the country’s North Coast.

The new facility represents one of the largest cruise industry investments ever made in the Dominican Republic. The project is designed to re-establish the Dominican Republic’s North Coast as a popular cruise destination. The last cruise ship to call at Puerto Plata was nearly 30 years ago.

The new two-berth Amber Cove Cruise Center will be able to accommodate up to 8,000 cruise passengers and 2,000 crew members daily.

A transportation hub allowing visitors easy access by land and sea to the surrounding destinations and attractions will be included, as well.

How many ships is that, two?

Crew gets off?

So......to the Dominican authorities, this is the vision they beleive will eventually become an economic bonanza for the North Coast. And honestly, if it was to actually happen in the future, why even question it?

You are talking about a potential mega cash cow, even at an average of, lets say, $50 usd spent off shore per passenger, if you have upwards of 10,000 people a day, that is an amount of money that a couple hundred mongers who visit 2-3 times a year for a week at a time can't even compare to, even if guys were all shelling out 5000 pesos for every single sleazy Pedro slut they saw, no matter how fugly and fat she was.

If a crew ship docks at 8 am and passengers are disembarking before 9, who's to say 200-300 hundred of those passengers wouldn't want to jump into taxis or air conditioned shuttle buses for a 45 minute ride to Sosua beach and spend 6 hours or so eating, drinking and splashing around in the water? You don't think those beach vendors wouldn't be all out in force welcoming these tourists with open arms? You bet your ass they would.

Since all of them would have to be back on board by 6 pm, the shuttles would depart the beach at 4pm and safely get them back to the port. Again, they only would need a few hundred out of 10,000, and Sosua would be able to capture a slice of that economic pie.

Look, the beach vendors pretty much all close by 6pm anyway, and on a ton of occasions I have walked past too many bars, restaurants and souvenir shacks with absolutely no one patronizing them. We all have our favorite 2-3 spots we go to anyway. Some guys only go to the same spot every time they visit the beach. I can see a slew of shuttles/taxis arriving by 10 am and that beach buzzing with a new crop of tourists everyday. And the vendors wouldn't miss us at all. Not one damn bit. The chicas might be another story.

Those cruise ship tourists read info on the internet as well. Since it's been 30 years since a boat has been to PP, those passengers might be curious about a cruise that takes them to a new place. They will read up on the local area and it very well could pique their interests, and the Lady Mayor will be on the case to do what she can to get Sosua on the radar for those people.

How many times has someone like MrHappy, who has lived in the DR for over 40 years, has said that there is no place else in the country like Sosua? If all these "whore" bars eventually close, maybe Sosua will indeed transform in time to another coastal town like Sabaneta or Rio San Juan or Cabrera, and lose it's decadent reputation.

Or at least have it toned down to where it becomes a much more discreet P4P place to be.

Remember guys, it's their country. With a handful of exceptions, we just vacation there.

j_d66
09-17-2014, 03:40 PM
So......to the Dominican authorities, this is the vision they beleive will eventually become an economic bonanza for the North Coast. And honestly, if it was to actually happen in the future, why even question it?

You are talking about a potential mega cash cow, even at an average of, lets say, $50 usd spent off shore per passenger, if you have upwards of 10,000 people a day, that is an amount of money that a couple hundred mongers who visit 2-3 times a year for a week at a time can't even compare to, even if guys were all shelling out 5000 pesos for every single sleazy Pedro slut they saw, no matter how fugly and fat she was.

If a crew ship docks at 8 am and passengers are disembarking before 9, who's to say 200-300 hundred of those passengers wouldn't want to jump into taxis or air conditioned shuttle buses for a 45 minute ride to Sosua beach and spend 6 hours or so eating, drinking and splashing around in the water? You don't think those beach vendors wouldn't be all out in force welcoming these tourists with open arms? You bet your ass they would.

Since all of them would have to be back on board by 6 pm, the shuttles would depart the beach at 4pm and safely get them back to the port. Again, they only would need a few hundred out of 10,000, and Sosua would be able to capture a slice of that economic pie.

Look, the beach vendors pretty much all close by 6pm anyway, and on a ton of occasions I have walked past too many bars, restaurants and souvenir shacks with absolutely no one patronizing them. We all have our favorite 2-3 spots we go to anyway. Some guys only go to the same spot every time they visit the beach. I can see a slew of shuttles/taxis arriving by 10 am and that beach buzzing with a new crop of tourists everyday. And the vendors wouldn't miss us at all. Not one damn bit. The chicas might be another story.

Those cruise ship tourists read info on the internet as well. Since it's been 30 years since a boat has been to PP, those passengers might be curious about a cruise that takes them to a new place. They will read up on the local area and it very well could pique their interests, and the Lady Mayor will be on the case to do what she can to get Sosua on the radar for those people.

How many times has someone like MrHappy, who has lived in the DR for over 40 years, has said that there is no place else in the country like Sosua? If all these "whore" bars eventually close, maybe Sosua will indeed transform in time to another coastal town like Sabaneta or Rio San Juan or Cabrera, and lose it's decadent reputation.

Or at least have it toned down to where it becomes a much more discreet P4P place to be.

Remember guys, it's their country. With a handful of exceptions, we just vacation there.

So under that scenario why can't you have both?
Your saying these cruise ship passengers will be at the beach and gone by 4pm.
So why would the bars on the PC ever have to be shut down. They don't get going before 5pm anyway.
The policia could make sure that few chicas are seen on the PC before 5pm and the cruisers would never know the dirty little secret even exists.

Anyone that has been to Pattaya knows that the family tourists and the pfp exists together and without issue it seems and the pfp scene in Sosua or anywhere else in the DR for that matter is nothing compared to what is going on in Pattaya. Even Phuket a huge tourist scene also has a vibrant pfp scene and it's not hidden it's right on a main road off from the beach.

I find this all so hypocritical that you know the powers that are so against this are also the same ones taking these same chicas to the cabanas and are no doubt profiting from the very thing they are publicly so against.

michel3275
09-17-2014, 04:16 PM
So why would the bars on the PC ever have to be shut down. They don't get going before 5pm anyway.
The policia could make sure that few chicas are seen on the PC before 5pm and the cruisers would never know the dirty little secret even exists.

Anyone that has been to Pattaya knows that the family tourists and the pfp exists together and without issue it seems and the pfp scene in Sosua or anywhere else in the DR for that matter is nothing compared to what is going on in Pattaya. Even Phuket a huge tourist scene also has a vibrant pfp scene and it's not hidden it's right on a main road off from the beach.

I find this all so hypocritical that you know the powers that are so against this are also the same ones taking these same chicas to the cabanas and are no doubt profiting from the very thing they are publicly so against.

The problem is that the little secret is not at all a secret anymore and thats what they are working on right now, reputation. All the places that have been closed or owners deported are what guys post on youtube and facebook and free open boards. Thats also the reason cuba dave shortened is last trip.

wayne1967
09-17-2014, 04:50 PM
...I can see a slew of shuttles/taxis arriving by 10 am and that beach buzzing with a new crop of tourists everyday. ...

The schedule by Carnival calls for four to five ships docking in Maimon per month!!!!
So, forget about grand visions of hundreds of tourists flooding Sosua beach daily.

SeaWeed
09-17-2014, 05:59 PM

first off cruise passengers don't usually jump in a taxi.....very few do...they aren't traveling no distance to do anything........
they'll go maybe 5 minutes away from the pier..........maybe 10-15 minutes tops.......to go check out the local area.......that's it......
cruise passengers are basically very lazy travelers and just getting off the ship is a major exercise for most passengers........
plus the majority of cruise passengers when they get off........just walk around and window shop and have sumthin cold to drink......
or they've already sign up on the ship for an excursion......where you are captive on a tour bus and you don't get to venture from the group....
they'll take you into Puerto Plata and tour the downtown district or you go swim with the dolphins thingy......then back on the bus....but that is it
Cruise ships have a captive audience and they don't want you to venture off........just like the All Inclusives in the Caribbean......cause it a loosing proposition for them...

Sosua doesn't have anything to offer for a tour except for a few shops and a small beach.......
and it is not nearly enough in Sosua for a tour director to bring bus loads of passengers to Sosua.......
Sosua would need to be at least three times bigger than it is right now to do that......
the best bet for Sosua is to have a bunch of boutique businesses that cater to the affluent........hotels, restaurants and shops......
and betting that is what the current Mayor of Sosua is striving for.........affluent travelers and not a bunch of mongers and Putas......

not too long ago......another Caribbean Cruise port opened in Falmouth, Jamaica.......
the Jamaican government and Royal Caribbean have spent 4 years and a small fortune (220 Million Jamaican dollars) building it....
Jamaicans were saying this was big time and they were going to make a killing with all the cruise ships coming into port........
Jamaicans talked about moving there and setting up a businesses like a bar, gift shop, restaurant, etc........
there really was a gold rush fever mentality in Jamaica with talk in the press and everywhere about this new port that was the saving grace of Jamaica....
but guess what.......the Jamaicans are very upset over the lack of passenger spending....many are starving.....many have gone out of business
many have returned home with empty pockets.......there was no gold in Falmouth for many Jamaicans....

here is an article regarding this;

The local merchants in Falmouth, Jamaica that hope to sell their crafts to tourists from Royal Caribbean cruise ships are upset (http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-505245_162-57529310/caribbean-cruises-leave-wave-of-bitter-merchants/) that not enough money is being spent by tourists. Locals say passengers simply are ignoring the merchants and opt to go on Royal Caribbean's excursions or shop at the chain shops on the pier.

http://www.royalcaribbeanblog.com/sites/default/files/photo-updates/0911/240x160xIMG_5170_0.JPG.pagespeed.ic.LVJhSjbzbF.jpg

Royal Caribbean partnered with Jamaica's port authority to build the $220 million port in Falmouth, where locals were told that they could expect tourists to spend about $100 each. Locals say that just isn't the case.

"We were promised that we'd be able to show people our Jamaican heritage, sell our crafts. But most of the tourists stay far away from the local people," said Asburga Harwood, an independent tour guide and community historian. "We're on the losing end."

Royal Caribbean brand communications manager H.J. Harrison Liu commented on the criticism, "We don't discourage guests from going into the town of Falmouth, but many of our guests choose a Royal Caribbean excursion to see some of the country's beaches and famous attractions."

According to trade groups, about $2 billion a year is pumped into the economies of the Caribbean by the cruise ship industry. Critics, however, say that all that money does not produce a lot of revenue for locals because most passengers dine and shop in international chain stores such as Colombian Emeralds or Diamonds International.

According to William Tatham, vice president of Jamaica's port authority, that's because the city is still adapting to its new role as a resort town. He noted that nearly all businesses in the town are aimed at locals, such as hardware suppliers, meat markets and general stores.

that's mi 2 cents on this subject.........

Hunter
09-17-2014, 06:33 PM
Sosua doesn't have anything to offer for a tour except for a few shops and a small beach.......
and it is not nearly enough in Sosua for a tour director to bring bus loads of passengers to Sosua.......
Sosua would need to be at least three times bigger than it is right now to do that......
the best bet for Sosua is to have a bunch of boutique businesses that cater to the affluent........hotels, restaurants and shops......
and betting that is what the current Mayor of Sosua is striving for.........affluent travelers and not a bunch of mongers and Putas......

........[/I]

Yeah I don't really think there is any link between sosua and the cruise ships. This cruise ship hypothesis of the reason Sosua is cleaning up seems far fetched to me.

If anything I agree with you above...higher end travelers that aren't mongers that stay there is maybe their grand vision but not cruise ship passengers.

Hanzo
09-17-2014, 07:38 PM
I honestly don't know why you guys have spent so many post discussing the merits of whether cruise ship passengers are willing to get off one boat, and hop on another one, or if they're willing to get off in one part of POP, go to Sosua for a couple hours, then travel back, you're all wasting your time trying to rationalize something that is very simply.

If the Dominican government has an agenda on their mind (and it sure seems like they do) for Sosua, there is probably very little actual pratical business plan in place, all they can think about is all the money they BELIEVE they will be able to line their pockets up with, nothing more and nothing less, just tell them there is more money to be made, and they're game, regardless if whatever business plan they have is even feasible, all they know is that they're under the impression they can make more money, and they will do whatever it takes to see it happen. This is the same country that the president has openly said he's afraid to fight the corruption because he knows he would be murdered before he can even blink his eyes.

Señor JDR of Medellin
09-17-2014, 07:49 PM
I honestly don't know why you guys have spent so many post discussing the merits of whether cruise ship passengers are willing to get off one boat, and hop on another one, or if they're willing to get off in one part of POP, go to Sosua for a couple hours, then travel back, you're all wasting your time trying to rationalize something that is very simply.

Mostly we have lots of free time.:corky:

steviewonder
09-17-2014, 07:58 PM
another Caribbean Cruise port opened in Falmouth, Jamaica.......

The local merchants in Falmouth, Jamaica that hope to sell their crafts to tourists from Royal Caribbean cruise ships are upset (http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-505245_162-57529310/caribbean-cruises-leave-wave-of-bitter-merchants/) that not enough money is being spent by tourists. Locals say passengers simply are ignoring the merchants and opt to go on Royal Caribbean's excursions or shop at the chain shops on the pier.

Royal Caribbean partnered with Jamaica's port authority to build the $220 million port in Falmouth, where locals were told that they could expect tourists to spend about $100 each. Locals say that just isn't the case.

"We were promised that we'd be able to show people our Jamaican heritage, sell our crafts. But most of the tourists stay far away from the local people," said Asburga Harwood, an independent tour guide and community historian. "We're on the losing end."

Royal Caribbean brand communications manager H.J. Harrison Liu commented on the criticism, "We don't discourage guests from going into the town of Falmouth, but many of our guests choose a Royal Caribbean excursion to see some of the country's beaches and famous attractions."

According to trade groups, about $2 billion a year is pumped into the economies of the Caribbean by the cruise ship industry. Critics, however, say that all that money does not produce a lot of revenue for locals because most passengers dine and shop in international chain stores such as Colombian Emeralds or Diamonds International.

According to William Tatham, vice president of Jamaica's port authority, that's because the city is still adapting to its new role as a resort town. He noted that nearly all businesses in the town are aimed at locals, such as hardware suppliers, meat markets and general stores..

You could replace Falmouth, Jamaica in this story with Puerto Plata, DR:wink: One just needs to see the new amphitheater being built next to the fort on the malecon. 3,500 concrete seats which will allow the passengers to fry their asses off with no shade to be found.:mad:

As far as Sosua is concern, I just hope that the beach vendors, as well as chair guys are not told to invest in upgrading their business, or they will be going hungry as well:rolleyes:

snoozer
09-17-2014, 10:15 PM

The P4P scene in Pattaya is actually a tourist attraction. Try making your way down Walking Street before 11 pm and you cannot move for the guided tours of Chinese and Koreans, following their tour guides with their flag or umbrella. The same happens in Amsterdam. A good friend of mine is a window girl in the RLD and she says that 90% of the people who peer into her window are regular tourists. She called me a while ago to ask me how to tell someone to shove their camera up their ass in English!!

Maybe Sosua should turn it around and start marketing tours through Rumbas and Classico.:rofl::rofl::rofl:

JD426
09-17-2014, 11:13 PM
The P4P scene in Pattaya is actually a tourist attraction. Try making your way down Walking Street before 11 pm and you cannot move for the guided tours of Chinese and Koreans, following their tour guides with their flag or umbrella. The same happens in Amsterdam. A good friend of mine is a window girl in the RLD and she says that 90% of the people who peer into her window are regular tourists. She called me a while ago to ask me how to tell someone to shove their camera up their ass in English!!

Maybe Sosua should turn it around and start marketing tours through Rumbas and Classico.:rofl::rofl::rofl:

they could use like them Safari Buses and shit

call it D'Nile Tours...

Thats the thing with the DR, they dont embrace the Sex Tourism at all. They would even deny it exists if they could ,even though its legal.
when chicas who straight up take money for sex are telling you
" mi no puta" obviously there is a cultural Stigma.. yet they have no problem taking money from Fat Gringos..

So there will not be red light districts in the DR's near future
.. Their culture is just not ready for that kind of advanced shit..

jose1234
09-18-2014, 12:08 AM
they could use like them Safari Buses and shit

call it D'Nile Tours...

Thats the thing with the DR, they dont embrace the Sex Tourism at all. They would even deny it exists if they could ,even though its legal.
when chicas who straight up take money for sex are telling you
" mi no puta" obviously there is a cultural Stigma.. yet they have no problem taking money from Fat Gringos..

So there will not be red light districts in the DR's near future
.. Their culture is just not ready for that kind of advanced shit..

When your in Sosua and the putas say they come from santo domingo or elsewhere it is for a reason, they say they are not a puta for a reason, they say they really like you and love you for a reason... Also, are our home towns ready for that advanced shit? LOL

weyland
09-18-2014, 09:29 AM
... he is changing the staff to ugly ass Dominican waitresses lately.
And issuing new staff uniforms:

http://news.insearchofchicas.org/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=105562&d=1411046876

SeaWeed
09-18-2014, 03:25 PM
You could replace Falmouth, Jamaica in this story with Puerto Plata, DR:wink: One just needs to see the new amphitheater being built next to the fort on the malecon. 3,500 concrete seats which will allow the passengers to fry their asses off with no shade to be found.:mad:

As far as Sosua is concern, I just hope that the beach vendors, as well as chair guys are not told to invest in upgrading their business, or they will be going hungry as well:rolleyes:

tru........open air venues don't really do great in the Caribbean.....Sun is too friggin hot sit thru during the day......or if it's raining you get soaked......
and the ships will be long gone before dark which would be the better time to use that amphitheater.....what the heck were they thinking:rolleyes:

steviewonder
09-18-2014, 04:01 PM
tru........open air venues don't really do great in the Caribbean.....Sun is too friggin hot sit thru during the day......or if it's raining you get soaked......
and the ships will be long gone before dark which would be the better time to use that amphitheater.....what the heck were they thinking:rolleyes:

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

swiggy
09-21-2014, 11:58 AM
Received this link today on facebook, it is in German or Dutch, excuse me if it has been posted already
http://www.domreptotal.com/de/category/reports/2-reportagen/530-fuehrt-die-tourismuspolitik-sosua-in-den-abgrund

Here it is translated to english

PERFORMS TOURISM POLICY SOSUA IN THE ABYSS?
Saturday, September 20, 2014 Font size Decrease font size Increase font size Print eMail
Rate this article 1 2 3 4 5(0 votes)
Performs tourism policy Sosua in the abyss?
The Dominican Republic is a tourist country and they advertised with the slogan "The country has everything". But advertising and reality often go their separate ways yes. Not so in the case of the Dominican Republic, because you really have "everything" and that is precisely the problem. The range sex tourism, with all its dirty side effects such as child abuse and drugs, which is concealed. Worse, who advertises that area or is working in this field, the threat of deportation, provided two things: one is a foreigner and living in Sosua.

Sosua, once again called the Ibiza of the Caribbean, in the 90's was a mecca for all people who wanted to party all night long and were not averse to a female companion. Then, that's no secret, it went steadily downhill with tourism on the north coast. What is remained, albeit with significant losses, the tourists are looking for what Liaisons. Of the once numerous hotels in Sosua, only the Casa Marina Beach & Reef remained open. Sosua Bay, Casa Linda, Tropical Hotel, Sosua by the Sea, Hotel Larimar and a dozen other hotels had to close. By levels have small hotels, the hostels, where men could come without problems with accompaniment.

In Puerto Plata, tourism director has devised a new plan. His accomplice is the mayor of the tourist town of Sosua. The plan is so simple thought how little. Family tourism should be the new motto, usher in a new era. And the sex tourism? Which makes it mercilessly finished off. Bars with prostitutes, it may not be. Rigorously we took action against owners of various establishments.

The first problem case was the bar La Passion. The German operator was arrested. Later he had to leave. The CMP Bar was repeatedly closed, the owner and manager showed resistance. The set is over state power. With violence has been taken in raids, arrests and property damage will result. A negotiation did not exist, the CEO Erwin S. was simply deported. Then followed an action against the operator of the Rumba bar. Americans sat, before he could say anything, on the plane. And the crowning, current financial statements was the deportation of Armando Casciati. The latter is an entrepreneur of the millions invested in the construction of Sosua (Sosua Bay Hotel, Casino, Convention Center, discos, bars, restaurant and TV stations are in his possession). Deported.

Without doubt, the prosecution of the attorney general was on pandering, promotion of prostitution. And just last one wanted to fight yes. So who benefits from prostitution, human trafficking, organ trafficking, drug stores ... contrary to Article 111 For a deportation is justified. A decision of a court is not required. But how is it there when you always courting foreign investors want their money? Then, a simple assertion to these investors out of the country? An unjust solution, because Dominicans can not show due to pandering and then deport them.

So how do you justify the inaction on the part of the Attorney General and the Public Ministry against street prostitution? On the Malecon of Santo Domingo is found from the Hyatt Hotel to the metal dome more whores roadside (along with many trannies) than currently in Sosua bars. In Santiago, the Bordsteinschwalben available around the Monumental (at night), or around the Plaza Valerio. In Boca Chica the ladies stilts night after night at the Duarte along, between the tables of the restaurant operator you are looking for victims. Here, it is not even decent before but even aggressive. Only here no one does something, as opposed to Sosua where MORALITY is written in capital letters.

By the way there are some rumors in terms of deportations from Sosua. The operator of Passions will soon again allowed to enter the country, but the bar must then get a different management. Even the Americans of the Rumba bar is soon to enter its territory and the Italian multi-entrepreneurs to not exclude return soon. He should realize his already known considering leaving very quickly.

In Sosua you started the family to promote tourism. You build parks, now a promenade above the beach. A lot of money is used for a way to hardly anyone, a public hospital would certainly have been the more sensible investment. And yes, that is Pedro Clisante, modeled in Boca Chica, now every night a pedestrian zone. What a success! For years, some businessmen had struggled, but now want to make this decision again reversed. At least in part. It is namely determined that there is probably nothing with family tourism.

In the Dominican Republic will be overlooked long about maladministration. As in the case of prostitution in Sosua. Then overreacted, as well as in Sosua. And then you find solutions were ill conceived or are. As in Sosua. Take the family tourism. This is a division that works only temporal. In holiday seasons. And we are honest, the summer holidays are not just the peak travel time for the Caribbean, even if it looked different this year. But not in Sosua, in Punta Cana, they celebrated a season that was not.

Family tourism, as opposed to sport, adventure, eco or other trends, not going all year. So Sosua examined only a part-time success? And with what? With a small middle class hotel which is hardly family demands? Punta Cana Hotels with water parks has, with children's clubs and many attractions. No hotel in Sosua can even get a taste of success and standard of Punta Cana. What Sosua has to offer? Ah yes, the tourism director praises the underwater world of Sosuabucht. Yes, diving is very popular with children.
It has pursued a goal without thinking whether it meets the standards. Yes, there is a cable car and a Ocean World in Puerto Plata. But there are 7 closed hotels in Playa Dorada, then you may be better to enable this? There is also a plaza with playground. In not Sosua. And the pedestrian zone? Swept empty. Now it is found that the residents like to take the car to the restaurant or bar, do not run. Tourists it has not, neither families nor free. The one has a very present tourism police rather scared, like most prostitutes. A partial success? Probably not, since most love maids were indeed not from the local area but came from all other zones of the country. Now they go on to purchase, just in a different place.

Perhaps one should the bad reputation of the "red light district" counteract and finally create what the women's organizations have been demanding for a long time: protection of prostitutes, giving them a human and safe environment where they comply with the oldest profession in the world, that would be a solution. But it does not fit in the moral world of a mayor, a tourism director and also not in the ideas of the Attorney General. So Sosua is now planned a downfall are approaching. Unless you think times after and to especially.

steviewonder
09-21-2014, 02:34 PM
Let me just say; if the mayor or tourist officials had been in Sosua Fri. or last night, the three English words they would have said would have been WTF. In Espanol they would have said coño :eek: or mierda:rofl::rofl: The streets on PC as well as the bars are packed with chicas, along with the mongers which are everywhere. Let's not talk about how if your not in town early with a car, your walking some distance to get into the center of the action. Also, I saw later last night that Rancho Tipico was off the wall, along with some really nice new additions serving your favorites. Maybe after all these yrs living here I have been drinking the wrong fucking drink, I just don't see the sky is falling shit that so many people write about.:wink: Or maybe the locals have decided, fuck what is written in the papers, and on social networks, my ass is for sale whether you want it or not:lol:

uncle ruckus
09-21-2014, 03:37 PM

Probably in the Altos de Chavon, which is one of the most successful music venues in Latin America.

b319
09-21-2014, 06:05 PM
Received this link today on facebook, it is in German or Dutch, excuse me if it has been posted already
http://www.domreptotal.com/de/category/reports/2-reportagen/530-fuehrt-die-tourismuspolitik-sosua-in-den-abgrund

Here it is translated to english

...since most love maids were indeed not from the local area but came from all other zones of the country...

"Love Maids" - I like that. Think I'll hire a few next time I'm there lol!

SeaWeed
09-21-2014, 06:26 PM
Or maybe the locals have decided, fuck what is written in the papers, and on social networks, my ass is for sale whether you want it or not:lol:you got it.........
if the Chicas are going to feed der babies....they're going to work the streets....regardless of what they see or read...not much of a choice for a decent looking mom

Hunter
09-21-2014, 07:04 PM
That's an interesting article Swiggy..thanks...

Sousua was the Carribean Ibeiza back in the 90s. Didn't know that. Wonder if anyone on here was there then.

The more you read about the mayor and tourism minister grand plan the more it sounds like a pipe dream :eek2:

Aint gonna happen. Punta Cana is too strong.

SeaWeed
09-21-2014, 07:13 PM
The more you read about the mayor and tourism minister grand plan the more it sounds like a pipe dream :eek2:
Aint gonna happen. Punta Cana is too strong.
Caribbean is loaded with pipe dreams...........they love to dream about everything........and rarely do they ever come true......sad but tru

jose1234
09-22-2014, 01:44 AM
Stop at Ad's place and ride the booty...

http://www.downvids.net/riding-a-mechanical-booty-562962.html

steviewonder
10-05-2014, 01:06 PM
Ad celebrates 1 ano in Tipico style....:clap::clap:

http://www.sosuanews.com/index.php?id=3850&article=1

weyland
10-05-2014, 02:31 PM
Ad celebrates 1 ano in Tipico style

"ano" means asshole. Is this a reference to Robert?

jose1234
10-08-2014, 04:29 PM
Ad put up umbrellas on the deck now so sitting out there in the sun is easier in the later afternoon. He said he will have a new beer special next week...five bottles for 400 pesos from about 5pm to 8pm. He also bought a lot of bags of cement which he plans to use on a new deck. He plans to start the new cement deck next week as well. He is hoping to have a live band once in a while.

TNT72
10-08-2014, 05:55 PM
Ad put up umbrellas on the deck now so sitting out there in the sun is easier in the later afternoon. He said he will have a new beer special next week...five bottles for 400 pesos from about 5pm to 8pm. He also bought a lot of bags of cement which he plans to use on a new deck. He plans to start the new cement deck next week as well. He is hoping to have a live band once in a while.

He's sure as hell not taking the "wait and see what happens" attitude with all the closures!!

weyland
10-08-2014, 07:39 PM
Ad ... is hoping to have a live band once in a while.
He can get Sergio Vargas for 20,000 pesos!

http://news.insearchofchicas.org/forum/showthread.php?429717-10-2014-Daddy-Yankee-concert-in-Puerto-Plata&p=1315169#post1315169

j_d66
10-09-2014, 01:30 AM
He needs the extra space.
Hope he adds some additional TV's It's fun to watch the videos although I would like to see the playlist have some more variety.
Lot's of the same songs every day but still a fun place to hang out and chill

QueGuapo
10-11-2014, 04:32 PM
He needs the extra space.
Hope he adds some additional TV's It's fun to watch the videos although I would like to see the playlist have some more variety.
Lot's of the same songs every day but still a fun place to hang out and chill

I agree 100% in what you are saying.
I am at the POP airport right now. Just spent 8 days in the Sew ( kind of a record since usually I do 4 days trips).
I had 4 buddies from Italy with me and we have been at Rancho Tipico 4 nights and it was a blast. The only issue was that when you want to dance you are forced to do it between the tables. I really hope he creates this extra deck for dancing so people will enjoy more the dancing and sitting at the tables as well...

ezsmile
11-07-2014, 09:55 AM
http://www.sosuanews.com/giffiles/printer.gif (http://www.sosuanews.com/print.php?id=3884)7 November 2014Specials at Rancho Tipico (http://www.sosuanews.com/index.php?id=3884&article=1)
In the coming period, Ad, the owner of the bar Rancho Tipico in the main street Pedro Clisante, has planned some special activities. For instance, there is a Haitian event for the Sunday afternoon and early Sunday evening scheduled. The Haitian community but also everybody else is invited to enjoy original Haitian music, dance, drinks and food. After nine PM it is bachata, merengue, salsa and 80 music time as usual. Every Tuesday evening there is a special evening with beauty pageants, dance competitions, wet T-shirt contest and more.http://www.sosuanews.com/news_pictures/2014/11/11-07_tipico_1.jpg (http://www.sosuanews.com/news_pictures/2014/11/11-07_tipico_1.jpg)Rancho Tipico
http://www.sosuanews.com/news_pictures/2014/11/11-07_tipico_2.jpg (http://www.sosuanews.com/news_pictures/2014/11/11-07_tipico_2.jpg)Rancho TipicoOf course there are great prizes for the winners. A jury of experts will be formed from the audience to judge the performances of the contestors. Rancho Tipico also still offers the super cheap breakfasts for only 99 pesos (fried eggs with bacon, cheese, ham, jam, bread, fruit and coffee). Rancho Tipico is located a 100 meters beyond the still closed 'La Passion' in the main street Pedro Clisante.

http://www.sosuanews.com/news_pictures/2014/11/11-07_tipico_3.jpg (http://www.sosuanews.com/news_pictures/2014/11/11-07_tipico_3.jpg)
http://www.sosuanews.com/news_pictures/2014/11/11-07_tipico_4.jpg (http://www.sosuanews.com/news_pictures/2014/11/11-07_tipico_4.jpg)

ezsmile
11-22-2014, 11:33 AM
Ad is starting to put daily specials on his menu.

Friday night I had the bistek de res for $300 pesos.

http://news.insearchofchicas.org/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=110126&d=1416673771

And then there is this poster he has put up

http://news.insearchofchicas.org/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=110125&d=1416673724

j_d66
11-22-2014, 12:08 PM
http://news.insearchofchicas.org/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=110125&d=1416673724

I better start practicing my twerking :bootyshake:

Irie
11-22-2014, 12:19 PM

Click to see pic (http://news.insearchofchicas.org/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=110126&d=1416673771)

Click to see pic (http://news.insearchofchicas.org/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=110125&d=1416673724)

I noticed that as well. I wonder where he got that catchy phrase? I've heard that somewhere before. :confused:

:rofl::rofl::rofl:

ezsmile
11-22-2014, 04:46 PM
I noticed that as well. I wonder where he got that catchy phrase? I've heard that somewhere before. :confused:

:rofl::rofl::rofl:

I wonder.........

QueGuapo
11-23-2014, 08:14 AM
Did he built the dance floor? If not, what is he waiting for? that people get sick of dancing between the tables and go to another place?

jose1234
11-23-2014, 10:41 AM
Did he built the dance floor? If not, what is he waiting for? that people get sick of dancing between the tables and go to another place?

Outside dance floor is not built yet and he has not started on it, but he is still talking about it...lol. Last night the place was jam packed. Still room to dance a bit...but I keep on bumping into the chicas all the time and accidentally tapping their butt... I hate when that happens... Had Chicken wings that were great and the chicken cordon blue special looked awesome... both dishes were so big many people could not finish...

MrHappy
11-23-2014, 05:37 PM

Click to see pic (http://news.insearchofchicas.org/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=110125&d=1416673724)

Has anybody sent this to MC yet?

Irie
11-26-2014, 08:43 AM

i wonder if this gets gutter meats stamp of approval?:eek:

QueGuapo
11-26-2014, 06:38 PM
Outside dance floor is not built yet and he has not started on it, but he is still talking about it...lol. Last night the place was jam packed. Still room to dance a bit...but I keep on bumping into the chicas all the time and accidentally tapping their butt... I hate when that happens... Had Chicken wings that were great and the chicken cordon blue special looked awesome... both dishes were so big many people could not finish...

Thank you for the update, well he should really get that thing done because soon people are gonna get tired of bumping into each other and will start to go somewhere else.. Then he will wonder why people left...

Irie
12-03-2014, 05:25 PM

Click to see pic (http://news.insearchofchicas.org/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=110126&d=1416673771)

The specials at night are really good from what I experienced and the 99 peso breakfast is still one of the best deals in town imo.

http://news.insearchofchicas.org/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=110480&d=1417645254

el toro
12-03-2014, 05:36 PM
Is Rancho Tipico in competition with Bar Central for the Haitian Embassy title?

Irie
12-03-2014, 05:48 PM
Is Rancho Tipico in competition with Bar Central for the Haitian Embassy title?

No competition at all. It's the Haitian Embassy East. :biggrin:

michel3275
12-03-2014, 08:05 PM
The specials at night are really good from what I experienced and the 99 peso breakfast is still one of the best deals in town imo.

Click to see pic (http://news.insearchofchicas.org/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=110480&d=1417645254)

They charged me 100 pesos for the 99 pesos breakfast :mad:

Irie
12-03-2014, 08:26 PM

You must have been charged for a look at her ass. :dontknow:

SeaWeed
12-03-2014, 08:38 PM

probably more like staring.......and got upcharged........ha ha

michel3275
12-03-2014, 08:42 PM

At least she didnt ask me for propina for talking to her:rofl::rofl::rofl:

Irie
12-03-2014, 08:49 PM
At least she didnt ask me for propina for talking to her:rofl::rofl::rofl:

:fu::asshole::fu::asshole::fu::asshole::fu:

......and nothing else needs to be said. :rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

CentralNJDude
12-04-2014, 01:51 AM
Irie, Sucks being a southern gentlemen in the DR; always get taken to the cleaners; even if its a peso surcharge..:biggrin:

snoozer
12-04-2014, 03:34 AM

Tourist prices......I hope you didn't pay it, screwing it up for the rest of us....damn tourists :rofl::rofl:

michel3275
12-04-2014, 05:37 AM
Tourist prices......I hope you didn't pay it, screwing it up for the rest of us....damn tourists :rofl::rofl:

I did pay because i found out that crucial information just last night, i wish the board was was more current with prices and this kind of stuff. Jum!:rolleyes:

How's Amsterdam? Do they have 99 pesos breakfast there? Hope to see you soon here, its been a long time.

snoozer
12-04-2014, 07:19 AM
I did pay because i found out that crucial information just last night, i wish the board was was more current with prices and this kind of stuff. Jum!:rolleyes:

How's Amsterdam? Do they have 99 pesos breakfast there? Hope to see you soon here, its been a long time.

Nothing is cheap in Amsterdam!!!! I am in Pattaya now, will be going for my 99 baht full English breakfast tomorrow morning on LK Metro. Pics to follow.

Kevy
12-04-2014, 08:58 AM
Nothing is cheap in Amsterdam!!!! I am in Pattaya now, will be going for my 99 baht full English breakfast tomorrow morning on LK Metro. Pics to follow.

Baht buster at irish rovers?

WickedWillie
12-04-2014, 11:34 AM

Click to see pic (http://news.insearchofchicas.org/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=110480&d=1417645254)

Thanks to your pic Irie, I stopped by earlier today for the breakfast. What a disaster.:icontd:

Exactly like your pic but uncooked eggs, stale bread, cheap manky ham, luke warm coffee and all served cold.:icontd:

Previous dining experiences at RT had been in general OK but a couple of bad experiences a few months back, like still frozen chicken wings, undercooked French fries, Puerta Plata splatter from the all-u-can-eat BBQ, should have served my memory better.

Ad runs a great bar but he runs a shit kitchen.

Even at 99 pesos it ain't worth it although I fully accept YMMV. La Costera at 175 pesos is a bargain in comparison.

QueGuapo
12-04-2014, 11:49 AM
Thanks to your pic Irie, I stopped by earlier today for the breakfast. What a disaster.:icontd:

Exactly like your pic but uncooked eggs, stale bread, cheap manky ham, luke warm coffee and all served cold.:icontd:

Previous dining experiences at RT had been in general OK but a couple of bad experiences a few months back, like still frozen chicken wings, undercooked French fries, Puerta Plata splatter from the all-u-can-eat BBQ, should have served my memory better.

Even at 99 pesos it ain't worth it although I fully accept YMMV. La Costera at 175 pesos is a bargain in comparison.

Yes agreed, also their eggs Benedict are probably the best in town...

Seville
12-04-2014, 12:25 PM

I had breakfast there the other day and everything was fine. Just a roll of the dice maybe as to whether you get a good breakfast or not, as some chica makes it. La Costera 175 peso breakfast is very good.

For dinner he has hired a real cook. The food is good enough to actually go there just for the food. His daily specials are great deals. Last night I had half a BBQ chicken with potato and vegetable for 150 pesos. I haven't had it yet but everyone says good things about his 300 pesos steak dinner on Fridays. On Sunday he has 300 peso rib dinner and that was very good. I also tried the schnitzel on Monday with Balcoach. Large portion and quite good but I suggested to Ad it would be better with a mushroom sauce. Hopefully he can keep the cook and establish consistency that can be counted on. With dinner, so far so good but it has only been two weeks. Time will tell.

WickedWillie
12-04-2014, 12:37 PM
I had breakfast there the other day and everything was fine. Just a roll of the dice maybe as to whether you get a good breakfast or not, as some chica makes it. La Costera 175 peso breakfast is very good.

For dinner he has hired a real cook. The food is good enough to actually go there just for the food. His daily specials are great deals. Last night I had half a BBQ chicken with potato and vegetable for 150 pesos. I haven't had it yet but everyone says good things about his 300 pesos steak dinner on Fridays. On Sunday he has 300 peso rib dinner and that was very good. I also tried the schnitzel on Monday with Balcoach. Large portion and quite good but I suggested to Ad it would be better with a mushroom sauce. Hopefully he can keep the cook and establish consistency that can be counted on. With dinner, so far so good but it has only been two weeks. Time will tell.

Calm down or people will start accusing you of shilling and getting kickbacks and shit.:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

I did say YMMV as with all places and I hope his new cook works out, but for me I have now had about 12 meals in the place and around half of them were average to bad IMO, including today, so you were lucky you didn't answer the text I sent you and you missed out on such a poor culinary experience.:wink:

That ratio of bad/good meals and depending on a roll of the dice as to what chica makes it (the one today did tell me she was tired as she worked until 3 this morning) is enough to make me take my custom elsewhere, others can do what the hell they want.:p

JD426
12-04-2014, 01:35 PM

Thank you for your Brutal Honesty....
I always knew you were a straight shooter...

Some of the posts about this place are like nauseating already.. and he is not even a Sponsor here.
Its more than Schilling , and thats not trying be disrespectful to other members.
thats just my opinion.

I would love to write my full take on this place, but im sure it will be met with personal attacks..

But for example the guy he has working the entrance , is a straight up asshole.
tried to wave me off cuz i had a small bottle of soda in my hand.. That has NEVER ever happend to me at any other Bar in Sosua..ever.

thats just for starters..
There is also some funky shit going on with the TIPS .
I used to consider AD a friend.. and he is a hard worker... but this place will not be there in a year or so,
becaue IMO he is also his own worst enemy..
in many different ways..

and I would not eat there if i was Starving to death .
maybe i just value my vacation time more than some Expats who are looking for a super cheap meal..
( and I like a cheap meal too, but it has to at least TASTE good)

let the Flaming begin...

tgunz
12-04-2014, 02:21 PM
Just a question, I could be 100% wrong. Is this the guy from the beach who many members boycotted because he was mistreating his female employees and even beat one up?

I've been to rancho twice. Once for the bbq, I enjoyed it. The second to drink. Ad was a good host.

XXX
12-04-2014, 03:26 PM
Just a question, I could be 100% wrong. Is this the guy from the beach who many members boycotted because he was mistreating his female employees and even beat one up?

I've been to rancho twice. Once for the bbq, I enjoyed it. The second to drink. Ad was a good host.

I as well could be wrong ,,,,

But I think it was his novia or esposa that he hit ,,,,,

Ive never been in Rancho for my own reasons,,, that have nothing to do with Ad or good or bad food ,,,,,:rolleyes:

But,,,,,,, he was a great host when i was at The Blackbox,,,,,

Irie
12-04-2014, 04:05 PM

Some of the posts about this place are like nauseating already.. and he is not even a Sponsor here.
Its more than Schilling , and thats not trying be disrespectful to other members.
thats just my opinion.

I would love to write my full take on this place, but im sure it will be met with personal attacks..

tried to wave me off cuz i had a small bottle of soda in my hand.. That has NEVER ever happend to me at any other Bar in Sosua..ever.

I used to consider AD a friend.. and he is a hard worker... but this place will not be there in a year or so,
in many different ways..

maybe i just value my vacation time more than some Expats who are looking for a super cheap meal..

let the Flaming begin...

from what I witnessed the last couple of weeks, he doesn't need to be.

(just my .02 :rofl:)

balcoach
12-04-2014, 04:27 PM

thats just my opinion.

in many different ways..

let the Flaming begin...

I guess you never came into the SPOT for the short time I was running it, because NO ONE brought drinks in. HMMMMMM let's think about this... you come to a bar to buy a drink... i don't want you bringing your own in, defeats my purpose of business....

QueGuapo
12-04-2014, 05:27 PM

thats just my opinion.

in many different ways..

let the Flaming begin...

Sorry JD but, as you know, I am a straight shooter as well... and this rubs me the wrong way. In my books it means nothing if he is or not a sponsor here. If somebody feels that a place is good, I am more than happy to hear this positive review. It's not that he is making his own reviews... If there are good reviews probably the place has some good stuff to offer.. Also there are some that are sponsors here and they are not good so...
I am the first one to criticize some of his choices ( he did not built the dance floor, some of the drinks are terrible, some bartenders really have no idea what they are doing, the song playlist is pretty much the same every night) but overall is a good place if not the best in town right now... I believe most of the review that board members have shared here are honest and made with the good intention to share an alternative place. I can disagree with some of those, but that's ok...
Correct me if I am wrong but from your post, to me it looks like you value the fact that somebody is a sponsor too much... Sponsorship here is just advertisement...nothing more, nothing less... It does not mean that the board members have to defend the place or put more value into it..... Just my 2 cents...

Also about the fact that it will not be here in a year.. why are you sure about that? Most of the people here said that it would not last more than few months once it opened...well so far Ad proved these guys wrong big time...

JD426
12-04-2014, 06:00 PM
I guess you never came into the SPOT for the short time I was running it, because NO ONE brought drinks in. HMMMMMM let's think about this... you come to a bar to buy a drink... i don't want you bringing your own in, defeats my purpose of business....

NOONE questions me at any bar i go to in Sosua... not for a soda bottle.. not Rumba, not Merengue, not the hotel bars, definitely not Shark Bar when they were open, lol
and NOT EVEN EL FLOW where they have always treated me like a fucking VIP, not cuz Im pretty and handsome but because they KNOW im NOT afraid to spend $ on top shelf Liquor.
or is that no longer a Bar's Goal ??

and btw, the SHIT hole known as The SPOT is now closed..
not under your management.. not saying that.

imo,they jumped the shark when they allowed Tigueres the run of the place.. harassing customers like me who were dropping 250 pesos and then changed the price to 350 pesos for a Johnny walker.. I drop at least 1 Mil to 1500 pesos, every time i sit down. ( and BTW i posted exactly that here, before they closed)
you do not want me to exit cause i have a half a bottle of soda on the side to sip on..
or maybe you do, who knows.

btw, not that its any concern of yours, but AD did allow me in WITH my soda, and he told the door guy to back off...
but he had a sour puss the whole night, just sitting smoking cigarettes with his German buds..
he did not mingle at all... maybe he is paranoid they are after him, he did say that so that may have been it
.. but he was sour the whole night, and it certainly was not because of me spending money.

not sure what horse you got in this race.. i got no issues with you..

JD426
12-04-2014, 06:07 PM
Sorry JD but, as you know, I am a straight shooter as well... and this rubs me the wrong way. In my books it means nothing if he is or not a sponsor here. If somebody feels that a place is good, I am more than happy to hear this positive review. It's not that he is making his own reviews... If there are good reviews probably the place has some good stuff to offer.. Also there are some that are sponsors here and they are not good so...
I am the first one to criticize some of his choices ( he did not built the dance floor, some of the drinks are terrible, some bartenders really have no idea what they are doing, the song playlist is pretty much the same every night) but overall is a good place if not the best in town right now... I believe most of the review that board members have shared here are honest and made with the good intention to share an alternative place. I can disagree with some of those, but that's ok...
Correct me if I am wrong but from your post, to me it looks like you value the fact that somebody is a sponsor too much... Sponsorship here is just advertisement...nothing more, nothing less... It does not mean that the board members have to defend the place or put more value into it..... Just my 2 cents...

Also about the fact that it will not be here in a year.. why are you sure about that? Most of the people here said that it would not last more than few months once it opened...well so far Ad proved these guys wrong big time...

All VERY valid points and understood..

IMO, He wont be there in a year because he knocks down what he has built with his hands, with his ass.. there is a German expression for that..but it wont translate well.
He did it with the black box, talk to the Italians next door to what used to be the Black Box , they will tell you an Earful...

anyway. and thanks for suggesting BOLOGNA as a good Restaurant to Re Consider.. as they are under new Owners or the old owners or something..

One of the BEST Pasta dishes I ever had... and the desserts were off the charts good .. they didnt have the Teramisu that night
that Air condioned section is the bomb... love that place , and not too pricey either.. different topic though..

QueGuapo
12-04-2014, 07:00 PM
All VERY valid points and understood..

IMO, He wont be there in a year because he knocks down what he has built with his hands, with his ass.. there is a German expression for that..but it wont translate well.
He did it with the black box, talk to the Italians next door to what used to be the Black Box , they will tell you an Earful...

anyway. and thanks for suggesting BOLOGNA as a good Restaurant to Re Consider.. as they are under new Owners or the old owners or something..

One of the BEST Pasta dishes I ever had... and the desserts were off the charts good .. they didnt have the Teramisu that night
that Air condioned section is the bomb... love that place , and not too pricey either.. different topic though..

I will be very happy if you elaborate... I am really not here to defend Ad at all since he is not a friend of mine... we know each other, but that's the end of the story.. and again I am really curious to undertsand what you mean with that. He probably did it with the Black Box but I don't know the details of it so...

I am very happy that some of my posts are useful to somebody.... next time try the Gorgonzola filet ( if you are into meat with cheese on top)..delicious.. and the fried calamari as well... the best in town... Seville became addicted to this dish after I made him try it....

And I want to thank you for suggesting the new Garden for breakfast... I don't really like it as hotel ( mostly for the clients) but as a breakfast place is not so bad..

JD426
12-04-2014, 07:23 PM
I will be very happy if you elaborate... I am really not here to defend Ad at all since he is not a friend of mine... we know each other, but that's the end of the story.. and again I am really curious to undertsand what you mean with that. He probably did it with the Black Box but I don't know the details of it so...

I am very happy that some of my posts are useful to somebody.... next time try the Gorgonzola filet ( if you are into meat with cheese on top)..delicious.. and the fried calamari as well... the best in town... Seville became addicted to this dish after I made him try it....

And I want to thank you for suggesting the new Garden for breakfast... I don't really like it as hotel ( mostly for the clients) but as a breakfast place is not so bad..

This sounds VERY interesting... Will definitely check it out... Their House wine was not bad either, made the meal..
That place is a straight up WINNER.. Really enjoyed it and they made an amazing impression, they even offered to have the CHEF come to the table to talk about making any special meal , but i was not ready for that
but .. I may just try that next time around.. look up a nice Italian Dish , and see how they do it

.... again, not cuz im George Clooney or handsome , thats just how THEY operate... Its a nice touch...

Irie
12-04-2014, 07:54 PM

Did I ever tell you that I'm not a picky eater? :lol:

Really though, the eggs are the one thing that need additional cooking...........imagine that for a Dominican at the grill. Last Thursday the bread was awesome though. I even commented to Seville that it must have come from the Belgian place down the road. It was even better when I put it all together for a nice little sandwich. But again, yymv.

Really though, La Costera is on point as well. Their portions just seem a little small for what us colonists are accustomed to. :p:biggrin:

http://news.insearchofchicas.org/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=110485&d=1417740204

Really though, the eggs are the one thing that could be cooked some more.............imagine that with a Dominican at the grill. Last Thursday I got some awesome bread with the whole thing though. I commented to Seville that it must have been from the Belgian place up the road. Really good and even better when I made a sandwich out of the whole thing.

La Costera is on the money as well, but the portion seemed a little smaller.

QueGuapo
12-04-2014, 09:02 PM
This sounds VERY interesting... Will definitely check it out... Their House wine was not bad either, made the meal..
That place is a straight up WINNER.. Really enjoyed it and they made an amazing impression, they even offered to have the CHEF come to the table to talk about making any special meal , but i was not ready for that
but .. I may just try that next time around.. look up a nice Italian Dish , and see how they do it

.... again, not cuz im George Clooney or handsome , thats just how THEY operate... Its a nice touch...

Agreed...

Seville
12-04-2014, 11:10 PM
Click to see pic (http://news.insearchofchicas.org/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=110485&d=1417740204)

Really though, the eggs are the one thing that could be cooked some more.............imagine that with a Dominican at the grill. Last Thursday I got some awesome bread with the whole thing though. I commented to Seville that it must have been from the Belgian place up the road. Really good and even better when I made a sandwich out of the whole thing.

La Costera is on the money as well, but the portion seemed a little smaller.

What I like about the La Costera breakfast is that a nice glass of juice is included along with the coffee,

j_d66
12-04-2014, 11:25 PM
I have always enjoyed New Cafe as well for breakfast.
It is just up the street from La Costera on the opposite side of the road next to the old CMP

Little more expensive like 300 RD average for breakfast.

distantvoyeur
12-04-2014, 11:45 PM
Haven't eaten much at RT. Did have the steak and it was really good. Had the BBQ in Feb and it cleaned out my system, fortunately before I got on the plane.

Food is only a small part of the place. Ad only has food to keep people there, so he has said. The place is great for the atmosphere and the low pressure.

The music is mostly the same every night, correct, but I really enjoy the play list and dancing with the chicas too.

I've booked my next trip and planned the lodging to be closer to the place since I know where I'll mostly be.

I have a simple philosophy. If I don't like a place I don't go, but I don't feel the need to try and trash the business unless they do something really bad.

steviewonder
12-05-2014, 12:01 AM
I have a simple philosophy. If I don't like a place I don't go, but I don't feel the need to try and trash the business unless they do something really bad.

:clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap:

Seville
12-05-2014, 10:53 AM

Posting a negative review is not trashing a place if it is an honest review. Sharing information and experiences, good and bad, is what this board is all about. If numerous guys have a bad experience with a business, regardless of what business or what country, posting about it can prevent others from having a bad experience as well. At the least it is food for thought when deciding where you want to spend your money. Business owners are well aware that word of mouth can be the best advertisement or can drive business away.

distantvoyeur
12-05-2014, 06:06 PM
Posting a negative review is not trashing a place if it is an honest review. Sharing information and experiences, good and bad, is what this board is all about. If numerous guys have a bad experience with a business, regardless of what business or what country, posting about it can prevent others from having a bad experience as well. At the least it is food for thought when deciding where you want to spend your money. Business owners are well aware that word of mouth can be the best advertisement or can drive business away.

My bad. That's what happens when you read on a cell phone. Just re-read and noticed that WW was not on about one meal but referred to problems with a few meals.
My beef comes in to play when people bitch about one bad time only about places with good rep's. Law of averages that you cannot be perfect all the time, too often people take to the keyboard too soon to vent, not the case here.
<2 cents removed> :o:o

Irie
12-05-2014, 06:18 PM
The only way we collectively learn is by sharing our experiences through posting or face to face (good, bad, or ugly............ok, maybe keep the ugly to ourselves :lol:). This only helps in making each of us make better informed decisions. I for one enjoy and appreciate the info shared here.

jose1234
12-05-2014, 09:18 PM
I had dinner at Rancho tonight. Had the steak and it was a very good piece of meat with a peppercorn gravy in a separate bowl you can pour on if you like. I ordered this last week as well and it was very good. The cost was 300 pesos. Arrived at the bar at about 5:30 and hand two grande presidentes...Ice cold and the cost was 100 pesos each before seven pm (happy hour special). Total cost for two grande presidentes and a steak dinner was 500 pesos. At 44 pesos per 1 US dollar the cost of the meal was $11.36. Ad came by and said hello a couple of times. Met a couple expats I know and talked a bit. The place was moderately busy...maybe about 22 to 24 customers there. Ad said he was very busy the night before. Overall it seems that the new cook is doing a very good job at Rancho. Ad, however, has had a tough time keeping cooks in the past so I do want to eat there a lot while this cook is still there. It's not all Ad's fault keeping the cooks, Domincian male cooks often have a tough time with their consistency, motivation to show up on time and clean up or prepare meals, work ethic and such so its hard to find a good one that will stick around...in my experience.

I saw an add for a real traditional Greek type gyro sandwich special at the Tam Tam bar but I don't know where that is. Its a Friday night special that I might check out next week.

snoozer
12-05-2014, 09:31 PM
I had dinner at Rancho tonight. Had the steak and it was a very good piece of meat with a peppercorn gravy in a separate bowl you can pour on if you like. I ordered this last week as well and it was very good. The cost was 300 pesos. Arrived at the bar at about 5:30 and hand two grande presidentes...Ice cold and the cost was 100 pesos each before seven pm (happy hour special). Total cost for two grande presidentes and a steak dinner was 500 pesos. At 44 pesos per 1 US dollar the cost of the meal was $11.36. Ad came by and said hello a couple of times. Met a couple expats I know and talked a bit. The place was moderately busy...maybe about 22 to 24 customers there. Ad said he was very busy the night before. Overall it seems that the new cook is doing a very good job at Rancho. Ad, however, has had a tough time keeping cooks in the past so I do want to eat there a lot while this cook is still there. It's not all Ad's fault keeping the cooks, Domincian male cooks often have a tough time with their consistency, motivation to show up on time and clean up or prepare meals, work ethic and such so its hard to find a good one that will stick around...in my experience.

I saw an add for a real traditional Greek type gyro sandwich special at the Tam Tam bar but I don't know where that is. Its a Friday night special that I might check out next week.

Tam Tam Bar is across the street from the Romanoff on Ayunamenti. I believe it is a German hang out, but they will probably serve you!!!!

WickedWillie
12-15-2014, 07:43 AM
In the interests of fairness and to assist those with reading comprehension disabilities :p, I am happy to report that the other night I had the RD$150 BBQ half chicken and fries dinner special and it was very good.

Interestingly my chica also had this and couldn't eat it as she didn't like it. That may have been the BBQ sauce or just her rather than the meal itself because I took it home and ate it the next day. It was fine.

It will still be a long time before I return to RT for a breakfast but two thumbs up for the chicken special.:iconTU::iconTU:

michel3275
12-15-2014, 12:13 PM
In the interests of fairness and to assist those with reading comprehension disabilities :p, I am happy to report that the other night I had the RD$150 BBQ half chicken and fries dinner special and it was very good.

Interestingly my chica also had this and couldn't eat it as she didn't like it. That may have been the BBQ sauce or just her rather than the meal itself because I took it home and ate it the next day. It was fine.

It will still be a long time before I return to RT for a breakfast but two thumbs up for the chicken special.:iconTU::iconTU:

I had two half chicken special that night and the second one was better than the first one :rofl:

j_d66
01-03-2015, 08:13 PM
For those that go to Rancho Tipico you probably have seen this happen alot but I think it is pretty cool

AD does this trick with Sambuca and three glasses

I took a few videos of it on my last trips there

http://i1279.photobucket.com/albums/y529/j_d66/dr%2015/th_01AAED22-0CF3-4FA1-88FE-1018E44848FC_zps3wp0yc8h.mp4 (http://i1279.photobucket.com/albums/y529/j_d66/dr%2015/01AAED22-0CF3-4FA1-88FE-1018E44848FC_zps3wp0yc8h.mp4)

http://i1279.photobucket.com/albums/y529/j_d66/dr%2015/th_21FFF0D6-A379-461F-8005-FA8E81374CBA_zpspmozx14x.mp4 (http://i1279.photobucket.com/albums/y529/j_d66/dr%2015/21FFF0D6-A379-461F-8005-FA8E81374CBA_zpspmozx14x.mp4)

It's odd but when you drink it after he is done it seems so much stronger.
But it has to be because it is warm and just hits you harder.

Irie
01-03-2015, 09:02 PM
For those that go to Rancho Tipico you probably have seen this happen alot but I think it is pretty cool

AD does this trick with Sambuca and three glasses

I took a few videos of it on my last trips there

Click to see pic (http://i1279.photobucket.com/albums/y529/j_d66/dr%2015/th_01AAED22-0CF3-4FA1-88FE-1018E44848FC_zps3wp0yc8h.mp4)

Click to see pic (http://i1279.photobucket.com/albums/y529/j_d66/dr%2015/th_21FFF0D6-A379-461F-8005-FA8E81374CBA_zpspmozx14x.mp4)

It's odd but when you drink it after he is done it seems so much stronger.
But it has to be because it is warm and just hits you harder.

watching him try it on an unsuspecting fool as we speak. :biggrin:

kind of scary what the outcome might be.......:lol:

j_d66
01-03-2015, 09:04 PM

Awe wish I was there to watch it.
I was just there a couple weeks ago but am already missing hanging out there.

Have fun and enjoy one of those fine chicas this evening.

Mr. Smooth
01-03-2015, 09:04 PM

I WAS that fool......once! :corky:

Hunter
01-03-2015, 09:06 PM

I witnessed that :rofl::rofl::rofl:

jose1234
01-03-2015, 09:07 PM

You remember? :rofl:

Irie
01-03-2015, 09:11 PM

:rofl::rofl::rofl: It was a great night.

Mr. Smooth
01-03-2015, 09:11 PM
I witnessed that :rofl::rofl::rofl:

Glad I could provide you with an amusing moment. I was still feeling the aftershocks into the next afternoon. Had to miss Irie's pool party the next day, and I think it was your last day in the DR before heading home.

Hopefully another time down the road......

Irie
01-05-2015, 11:06 AM
Had a cup of coffee with Ad this morning. The big expansion is slated to start Wednesday weather permitting. From what he described, it's going to add quite a bit of space under roof.

I guess this place is struggling to stay afloat. :rolleyes:

WickedWillie
01-05-2015, 12:49 PM
So stopped in RT last night for a bite to eat at around 7. Asked the fat Dominicana, with the badly bleached blonde mop on her head, what the 'specials' were tonight and was told it was fried fish or ribs.

OK so I ordered the fried fish.

25 minutes later the same waitress returned to me and informed that they did not have any fish.

I asked her how that was possible as no-one else was in the place so there could not have a rush on fish and if the kitchen knew they had no fish 25 minutes earlier why the fuck wasn't this information passed back to me so I could choose something else.

She then tried to convince me that they had only just run out of fish. Get the fuck outtahere!!!!!!!!!!

Imagine that, a restaurant running a 'special' without any product to fulfill the orders. They must have gone to the same restaurant school as the hotel we stayed in Cap Haitien.:rofl:

Anyway I tried to inform Ad of this spectacular downfall in customer service but he was more interested in telling me about his 3 hours in jail yesterday afternoon.

Cunt should have stayed there.:p:rofl::rofl::rofl:

Rant over. As I stated before he runs a great bar but a shit restaurant. Shame:mad:

JD426
01-05-2015, 01:17 PM
Who cooked for him on the beach ?.. the beach spot always had very good food..

i got a bad feeling his employees deep down inside dont respect him..

that could be a big problem, long term.
He used to bark at Rosalie like she was a Dog and thats when they were o good terms
so.. I cant imagine how he treats the employees.

why was he in jail , traffic stop ?

psriches
01-05-2015, 07:45 PM
So stopped in RT last night for a bite to eat at around 7. Asked the fat Dominicana, with the badly bleached blonde mop on her head, what the 'specials' were tonight and was told it was fried fish or ribs.

25 minutes later the same waitress returned to me and informed that they did not have any fish.

I asked her how that was possible as no-one else was in the place so there could not have a rush on fish and if the kitchen knew they had no fish 25 minutes earlier why the fuck wasn't this information passed back to me so I could choose something else.

She then tried to convince me that they had only just run out of fish. Get the fuck outtahere!!!!!!!!!!

Imagine that, a restaurant running a 'special' without any product to fulfill the orders. They must have gone to the same restaurant school as the hotel we stayed in Cap Haitien.:rofl:

Anyway I tried to inform Ad of this spectacular downfall in customer service but he was more interested in telling me about his 3 hours in jail yesterday afternoon.

Rant over. As I stated before he runs a great bar but a shit restaurant. Shame:mad:???????????:confused:

Irie
01-05-2015, 08:05 PM

Rant over. As I stated before he runs a great bar but a shit restaurant. Shame:mad:

hey, if he had the other special he at least had half of the menu. Much better odds than Cap Haitien. :rofl:

WickedWillie
01-05-2015, 09:25 PM
Just for balance, I was there earlier tonight. The blond mop waitress was apologetic to the point of offering me a free blowjob (well it felt like that anyways:rofl:) for being such a cunt last night.

I ate tonights special of chicken kebabs after insisting she checked with the kitchen that they were in possession of all the ingredients.

Food was very good and at RD$220 a good value.

Consistency is one of the keys to a great restaurant.:p

WickedWillie
01-05-2015, 09:27 PM
Who cooked for him on the beach ?.. the beach spot always had very good food..

i got a bad feeling his employees deep down inside dont respect him..

that could be a big problem, long term.
He used to bark at Rosalie like she was a Dog and thats when they were o good terms
so.. I cant imagine how he treats the employees.

why was he in jail , traffic stop ?

Not sure but he called the police to assist him and he ended up getting jammed up all afternoon.

Moral of this story is, as a gringo, never call the cops, it will not end up well for you.:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

snoozer
01-05-2015, 09:32 PM
Not sure but he called the police to assist him and he ended up getting jammed up all afternoon.

Moral of this story is, as a gringo, never call the cops, it will not end up well for you.:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

Especially when you have history with them.

Irie
01-05-2015, 09:35 PM
I'm sure there must have been something more to this, but I happened to be here as the events unfolded. It appeared to be tranquillo confrontation between 'lovers.':rolleyes: Other than a flash of a gun and knife, all appeared to be under control. It was breakfast as usual. :biggrin:

Disclaimer- what I witnessed was really nothing but a Dominicana blowing shit up. Call your lawyer and next thing you know...........

MH16
01-06-2015, 03:14 PM
Click to see pic (http://i1279.photobucket.com/albums/y529/j_d66/dr%2015/th_01AAED22-0CF3-4FA1-88FE-1018E44848FC_zps3wp0yc8h.mp4)

I was one of those fools as well....
Wasnt sure if it was the alcohol or the fire that gave me that warm feeling inside... :evilgrin:

Irie
01-09-2015, 05:51 PM
Had a cup of coffee with Ad this morning. The big expansion is slated to start Wednesday weather permitting. From what he described, it's going to add quite a bit of space under roof.

I guess this place is struggling to stay afloat. :rolleyes:

In true Dominican fashion, they're definitely on pace for a successful fast expansion. It's taken two whole days to pile up the fronds for the thatched roof. :confused: :rofl:

In other news, there has been some more turnover in staff. Some have even made it a whole three days. :lol:

distantvoyeur
01-09-2015, 07:18 PM
Should be almost 25 to 30% done when I'm down in March, and 75% new staff.

steviewonder
01-09-2015, 10:18 PM
Should be almost 25 to 30% done when I'm down in March, and 75% new staff.

you need to increase the % on new staff:rolleyes:

LJDMV
01-10-2015, 07:59 AM
I have not been to RT before. All this info is very amusing . I will have to stop by my next trip. Where exActly is this place located from the Rhumba bar for example?

eldorob
01-10-2015, 08:21 AM
I have not been to RT before. All this info is very amusing . I will have to stop by my next trip. Where exActly is this place located from the Rhumba bar for example?

If you were walking out the front door of Rhumba, take a right (south on Pedro Clisante) and walk about 10 minutes - maybe less.
It's on the same side of street, thatched roof, open air type bar area. Close to old Passions, but I can't remember to which side of Passions.

ezsmile
01-10-2015, 09:13 AM
If you were walking out the front door of Rhumba, take a right (south on Pedro Clisante) and walk about 10 minutes - maybe less.
It's on the same side of street, thatched roof, open air type bar area. Close to old Passions, but I can't remember to which side of Passions.

south?:rofl::rofl::rofl: Westy you know how to make a map, care to chime in?

yes do turn right after exiting rumba

j_d66
01-10-2015, 10:01 AM

Just passed Passions on the same side of the road

http://i.ytimg.com/vi/WJPs0p8TWCw/hqdefault.jpg

steviewonder
01-10-2015, 11:29 AM

I would not walk from Rumba to RT. You will be stopped at least a dozen times or more by chicas demanding that you :quicky:them. It's better to take a moto (tell him; QUIERO IR TIPICO), and give him a dollar while saving all the aggravation:bootyshake: on PC:rofl::rofl::rofl:

Count
01-10-2015, 11:49 AM
To me, a walk like that is part of the adventure. Do you get pestered? Sure, but harmlessly, and you might score a good one on the walk. If it's close to Passions, I've made that walk many times. Not more than 15 mins from Rhumba's.

LJDMV
01-10-2015, 12:06 PM
I don't mind walking on that main road. I have done it many times and the girls don't bother me, they are actually fun as I have shown from many videos u shot over the years. That's part of the adventure of sosua for me. The girls you meet while walking around the streets .

JD426
01-10-2015, 12:08 PM
On your long walk you will get thirsty, so pick up a bottle of Soda or water at like the new place near where shark bar used to be...
by the time you get there, your bottle will be 75 % empty, and then it will break the ice for some nice conversation with the pleasant " doorman" as he will begin the procees of interrogating you on what is in the bottle, Vodka ,Water, or 7up?...

steviewonder
01-10-2015, 12:12 PM
I don't mind walking on that main road. I have done it many times and the girls don't bother me, they are actually fun as I have shown from many videos u shot over the years. That's part of the adventure of sosua for me. The girls you meet while walking around the streets .

While walking to Tipico from Rumba, just past Banco Santa Cruz on the right side there's a nice bar to shoot pool and to meet some locals. Can't remember the name, however there's always some nice action in there while taking a break from the walk.:wink:

weyland
01-10-2015, 01:05 PM
I shall be making one of my rare and brief visits to Sosua this afternoon (Sat 10th). I shall be at Rancho Tipico at 6pm sharp. I would be pleased to say "hello" to any ISOC members who may be there. I will be the decomposing old fart in a yellow ball cap.

jose1234
01-10-2015, 01:10 PM
While walking to Tipico from Rumba, just past Banco Santa Cruz on the right side there's a nice bar to shoot pool and to meet some locals. Can't remember the name, however there's always some nice action in there while taking a break from the walk.:wink:

There are over a half dozen bars and restaurants along the way to meet some locals. There is a whole country outside of the strip. Warning, some of the nice places might be considered by some to be bit seedy... I have seen many available/experienced locals in the bar steviewonder referenced. Usually two to four... There are other nice bars across the street with chicas standing around too if you like that sort of thing...

For all the north Americans I want to add that there is an element of danger in walking alone in a city environment and late at night. You all should be very afraid of ISIT terrorists (I Seek Idiot Tourists). These terrorists look like hot chicas scantily dressed that try to convince you that you and her are special. They are like heat seeking missiles going straight for your heart. But be alert, the 19 to 24 year old hotties are really after your money. They love your big ugly old fat ass like there is no tomorrow until you send them money, buy them things and in some cases marry them. Just sayin....

weyland
01-10-2015, 01:24 PM
They are like heat seeking missiles going straight for your heart.
The ones I used to meet always went straight for my testicles.

JD426
01-10-2015, 01:42 PM
A New member or outsider is never going to truly appreciate the " Inside jokes" some u guys are laying down here....

Just really good stuff...

good lord.

weyland
01-10-2015, 02:05 PM
A New member or outsider is never going to truly appreciate the " Inside jokes" some u guys are laying down here....

http://news.insearchofchicas.org/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=113248&d=1420916657

eldorob
01-11-2015, 12:20 AM
south?:rofl::rofl::rofl: Westy you know how to make a map, care to chime in?

Ok, North East....I was close.

But actually South makes more sense if you're drinking. Because it seems like you're walking away from the water.
C'mon, this isn't International Society Of Cartographers...

Plus he won't have a compass. I'm going to stick with South.

Irie
01-12-2015, 05:02 PM
Today

http://news.insearchofchicas.org/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=113356&d=1421099666

Irie
01-12-2015, 05:05 PM
http://news.insearchofchicas.org/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=113355&d=1421099664

thunderstar
01-12-2015, 05:09 PM
I guess its the same in many places there - but looks like that could burn real quick.

I only mention it as I had a fire alarm problem in my premises over the weekend. Faulty sensor set the alarms off and the fire brigade came out, twice with alarm call outs.

I guess AD wont have them problems.

Irie
01-12-2015, 05:09 PM
http://news.insearchofchicas.org/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=113357&d=1421099672

Irie
01-12-2015, 05:16 PM
http://news.insearchofchicas.org/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=113358&d=1421099673

distantvoyeur
01-12-2015, 06:11 PM
Nice to see all construction precautions being taken..... tied off, secure ladders, etc.

Guess should be happy just not to see bottles of Brugal in hand. :biggrin:

j_d66
01-12-2015, 06:18 PM
Pretty nice sized expansion.

Thanks for the pics Irie

Hopefully there will be much more room for the chicas to shake their booty.

weyland
01-12-2015, 06:43 PM
I only mention it as I had a fire alarm problem in my premises over the weekend.
Jewish lightning?

BrooklynBeas
01-12-2015, 07:53 PM

If walking from Rumba to Tipico, on the left side, not far from Hotel Europa, there is a bar "Plan B" that has a pool table and of bunch of regular local expat or tourists sitting at the bar drooling over the barkeep.. lol.. Been there a few times for a quick snack... Their nachos and chili has hit the spot a few times... Small menu and usually a little eye candy behind the bar... Not sure if any girls are available for take out but there are plenty of guys giving an effort for sure...

LJDMV
01-13-2015, 03:47 AM
Walking around the area of Sosua daily is a must on every trip I take. There are so many females you can meet of the beaten path at different times during the day. I am going to have to stop in a few more places now that you guys mention them. Including plan b, and also must visit victorian house to check out that location and get some of Big D's food now. Hope they let chicas in there.

QueGuapo
01-13-2015, 08:40 AM
Click to see pic (http://news.insearchofchicas.org/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=113358&d=1421099673)

any idea on when he will be done?

Irie
01-13-2015, 09:02 AM
any idea on when he will be done?

They told him two days but that's not happening. By the looks of the things, I would imagine it would be done no later than the end of the week.

ezsmile
01-13-2015, 04:44 PM
I guess its the same in many places there - but looks like that could burn real quick.

I only mention it as I had a fire alarm problem in my premises over the weekend. Faulty sensor set the alarms off and the fire brigade came out, twice with alarm call outs.

Pretty sure there was a fire extinguisher on that corner post a few days ago..........

Westy
01-13-2015, 05:27 PM
Ok, North East....I was close.

But actually South makes more sense if you're drinking. Because it seems like you're walking away from the water.
C'mon, this isn't International Society Of Cartographers...

Plus he won't have a compass. I'm going to stick with South.

"Turn right out of Rumba's" is about as good as any of us are going to get, unless you're navigating by cell-phone.

Just to be a prick about it, I will tell you it's at 19°46.16'N, 70°30.54'W, on Google Earth imagery (WGS 84 datum); just northeast of the old Passions, at the corner of Pedro Clisante and Alemania. Yes, that's northeast of Rumba's.

eldorob
01-13-2015, 05:42 PM

He might have other problems now.

A successful-looking gringo expanding his bar on PC, with a few puta's mixed in. Could be a problem.

Irie
01-13-2015, 05:51 PM
Having just walked by, I'd say the roof will be done tomorrow. The floor.....who knows??? The place was packed btw. It must be an expansion party or something.

Irie
01-13-2015, 05:56 PM
Pretty sure there was a fire extinguisher on that corner post a few days ago..........

Not sure how you meant that, but...:rofl::rofl::rofl:

What's that expression? Something about pissing into the wind....:wink:

distantvoyeur
01-13-2015, 06:13 PM
Turn right out of Rumba's.
Stagger on the broken sidewalks dodging puta's and chulo's, for about 15 to 30 minutes depending on level of sobriety.
When you get to the dust covered "Opening Soon" sign on Passion's/Amazona's (you'll know the place by the smell of old sweat and sperm), stop.
Listen for the sounds of laughter and music, walk forward a couple hundred yards and you are there.
Thought I'd give ISOC related directions.

"Turn right out of Rumba's" is about as good as any of us are going to get, unless you're navigating by cell-phone.

Just to be a prick about it, I will tell you it's at 19°46.16'N, 70°30.54'W, on Google Earth imagery (WGS 84 datum); just northeast of the old Passions, at the corner of Pedro Clisante and Alemania. Yes, that's northeast of Rumba's.

Irie
01-13-2015, 06:20 PM
Stagger on the broken sidewalks dodging puta's and chulo's, for about 15 to 30 minutes depending on level of sobriety.
When you get to the dust covered "Opening Soon" sign on Passion's/Amazona's (you'll know the place by the smell of old sweat and sperm), stop.
Listen for the sounds of laughter and music, walk forward a couple hundred yards and you are there.

Thanks! I needed a good laugh tonight. :iconTU:

distantvoyeur
01-13-2015, 06:25 PM
Glad to be of assistance.

Thanks! I needed a good laugh tonight. :iconTU:

JD426
01-13-2015, 06:32 PM

A successful-looking gringo expanding his bar on PC, with a few puta's mixed in. Could be a problem.

Stop it, what could possibly go wrong....

I say go all in and buy some leather couches and fish tanks.. I hear a guy down the street has some for Sale...

Irie
01-13-2015, 06:40 PM

Having spent time here since it's opening, I have to say that the recent influx of motos/tigueres/chulos in the last few months could be cause for concern..........in the bigger picture. All is still harmonious at the moment though (from my perspective).

Westy
01-14-2015, 07:39 AM

Much more suitable than my directions. Perfect. :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

JD426
01-14-2015, 11:54 AM
Much more suitable than my directions. Perfect. :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Yeagh, even an old blind man with a one eyed seeing eye dog could find the place with those directions..

Which may come in very useful for their Target Demographics..

michel3275
01-15-2015, 01:39 PM
Having spent time here since it's opening, I have to say that the recent influx of motos/tigueres/chulos in the last few months could be cause for concern..........in the bigger picture. All is still harmonious at the moment though (from my perspective).
My biggest concern is him exploding of rage every other day either at camareras or kicking out clients.
I really dont go there to ear him screaming half an hour everytime.

j_d66
01-15-2015, 03:01 PM
My biggest concern is him exploding of rage every other day either at camareras or kicking out clients.

He runs a pretty tight ship there but have never seen him yell at a customer who didn't deserve it.
I know the customer is always right idea but let's face it some customers need to be put in their place every so often.

Now if he didn't yell at the wait staff nobody would get decent service.

Let's face it most of the wait staff is not there to get you drinks.

They are there for there own personal enjoyment and fulfillment at the end of the night if you know what I mean. :corky:

Although I must admit I do like how they shake their booty :bootyshake:

Irie
01-15-2015, 04:25 PM

He runs a pretty tight ship there but have never seen him yell at a customer who didn't deserve it.
I know the customer is always right idea but let's face it some customers need to be put in their place every so often.

Now if he didn't yell at the wait staff nobody would get decent service.

Let's face it most of the wait staff is not there to get you drinks.

They are there for there own personal enjoyment and fulfillment at the end of the night if you know what I mean. :corky:

Although I must admit I do like how they shake their booty :bootyshake:

I tend to agree with JD on this one. I've spent a lot of time there in the last year and only once or twice have seen him get forceful with a customer...........and they deserved it imo. On the other hand, it happens more often with the camareras who usually need it. Even then, it's rarely been 'explosive' as you describe. Again, just my experience.

JD426
01-15-2015, 05:34 PM
Noone ever touched the TIPS issue.. why are the waitresses not allowed to take tips over a certain amount... ( since it could be considered a "salida" ?)
or Do they POOL the tips , or is it something else..

Irie
01-15-2015, 05:56 PM
Noone ever touched the TIPS issue.. why are the waitresses not allowed to take tips over a certain amount... ( since it could be considered a "salida" ?)

I'm sorry, but WTF are you talking about????:confused:

i haven't seen a saliva from there in over a year. Any tip I've given has always been appreciated.........and taken as nothing more. I've actually been pissed off having to wait until 3am (one time 4am) to take a camarera home with me. She wasn't that bad though......:wink::biggrin:

JD426
01-15-2015, 06:15 PM
I'm sorry, but WTF are you talking about????:confused:

i haven't seen a saliva from there in over a year. Any tip I've given has always been appreciated.........and taken as nothing more. I've actually been pissed off having to wait until 3am (one time 4am) to take a camarera home with me. She wasn't that bad though......:wink::biggrin:

Do you doubt the veracity of my statement ?
I thought it very odd too, but thought there might be a logical explanation to it like the girls have to pool the tips so they didnt want to put a " nice" tip into the pool..
not my problem.. their problem..

but . yet. Being asked by the waitress to meet her at the BANO to give her her Tip, is most unusual.. Yes ??
her reason.. she is NOT allowed to take a tip over a certain amount...

but we know thats bullshit.. has to be aother reason, which i have yet to understand..

I would not make something like that up... its beyond ridiculous to do so...

j_d66
01-15-2015, 06:20 PM

I think they pool the tips in a beer picture but I am not sure how it is shared.
There does appear to be some kind of accounting going on as I do see them write something in a book every so often

As far as I know there is no salida going on there anymore.
If you want one you pretty much gotta wait until she is done with work which most nights is after 3am and it is at her discretion if she comes to meet you.

I don't think there is a maximum tip either.
Never heard of such a thing

Irie
01-15-2015, 06:22 PM
Do you doubt the veracity of my statement ?
I thought it very odd too, but thought there might be a logical explanation to it like the girls have to pool the tips so they didnt want to put a " nice" tip into the pool..
not my problem.. their problem..

but . yet. Being asked by the waitress to meet her at the BANO to give her her Tip, is most unusual.. Yes ??
her reason.. she is NOT allowed to take a tip over a certain amount...

but we know thats bullshit.. has to be aother reason, which i have yet to understand..

I would not make something like that up... its beyond ridiculous to do so...

You are correct in the 'pooled' tips, so I'm sure the occasional private tip may be prompted by the ones with more 'discretion.' My only point was the salida aspect. If you want them, it's a guarantee that the tip on the side may secure your nights endeavor's, no? Pretty much the same anywhere in that town imo. :wink:

JD426
01-15-2015, 06:24 PM
I think they pool the tips in a beer picture but I am not sure how it is shared.
There does appear to be some kind of accounting going on as I do see them write something in a book every so often

As far as I know there is no salida going on there anymore.
If you want one you pretty much gotta wait until she is done with work which most nights is after 3am and it is at her discretion if she comes to meet you.

Thank you,
thats all I was asking.....

was not trying to salida.. was not enough for a salida anyway...

appreciate the info..

it makes sense now... I guess he is trying to be Fair with all the waitresses and maybe throw a little to the guys in the Kitchen too..

A good Idea in principle.... i guess...

distantvoyeur
01-15-2015, 08:12 PM
I know when you buy the ladies a drink the money is put in to the pitcher and they get so much money from the drink. Don't know if they still do that as Ad changed the rule a bit in November and had a work to rule situation on his hands. Don't know if it went back or stayed that way.
The hanging beer pitcher was for tips and little D kept track of what money went in there and who had what cut. I stuck around to closing a couple of times for some reason.... :corky::corky:
Salida died a rapid death early last year

btw, you don't have to stick around to closing. Give them your number and have them come over after.... gives you a chance to get a power nap.

Irie
01-17-2015, 10:29 AM
Stopped in to an extremely packed RT last night. There were practically no seats left in the house.

The roof is complete and the floor about 70% done. It was so busy they even utilized some of the construction zone last night. One nice addition is they've raised the area on the perimeter of the new section to allow for better viewing when sitting around the outside. I may get some pics later.

QueGuapo
01-17-2015, 01:32 PM
Stopped in to an extremely packed RT last night. There were practically no seats left in the house.

The roof is complete and the floor about 70% done. It was so busy they even utilized some of the construction zone last night. One nice addition is they've raised the area on the perimeter of the new section to allow for better viewing when sitting around the outside. I may get some pics later.

I went there around 2 am last night and stayed until 3 something. There were probably about 40 people. I Danced some bachata and Kompa and had fun. Always some issues with the drinks though. There is never enough rum in the drinks ( pina colada, cuba libre etc..) and you always have to call the bartender back to bring you a cup with rum in it to be added to your drink. Besides that the place is fun... Not really into the Haitian style of dancing with each other ( shaking like animals, not in a sexy way) but it's ok.

Irie
01-17-2015, 01:38 PM
I went there around 2 am last night and stayed until 3 something. There were probably about 40 people. I Danced some bachata and Kompa and had fun. Always some issues with the drinks though. There is never enough rum in the drinks ( pina colada, cuba libre etc..) and you always have to call the bartender back to bring you a cup with rum in it to be added to your drink. Besides that the place is fun... Not really into the Haitian style of dancing with each other ( shaking like animals, not in a sexy way) but it's ok.

You just missed a table full of drunks by minutes. :lol:

They carried one of the girls out again last night during the 'voodoo' song.

j_d66
01-17-2015, 02:19 PM

You might consider bottle service
That's what I do there when I want rum that way I can mix them as strong or weak as I want to.

Than you only have to keep asking them to bring you more mixer and ice all the time :rofl:

Don't know if it is cheaper but your drink is always full

QueGuapo
01-17-2015, 06:36 PM
You might consider bottle service
That's what I do there when I want rum that way I can mix them as strong or weak as I want to.

Than you only have to keep asking them to bring you more mixer and ice all the time :rofl:

Don't know if it is cheaper but your drink is always full

I am not a heavy drinker and I try to surround myself by people of the same ideas. I cannot stand drunk people around me. My only vice is pussy and I will keep it that way. Some of my friends drink more tan I do but when they do it I make sure I am not around.

JDR
01-17-2015, 06:39 PM
I am not a heavy drinker and I try to surround myself by people of the same ideas. I cannot stand drunk people around me. My only vice is pussy and I will keep it that way. Some of my friends drink more tan I do but when they do it I make sure I am not around.

Same here.

whynotme
01-17-2015, 06:41 PM
Same here.

same here............. well .......lately anyway:wink::rofl:

JDR
01-17-2015, 06:44 PM
same here............. well .......lately anyway:wink::rofl:

As long as you bring the bacon, I can overlook you drinking like a fish.

Irie
01-17-2015, 06:56 PM
http://news.insearchofchicas.org/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=113592&d=1421538780

Irie
01-17-2015, 06:59 PM
http://news.insearchofchicas.org/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=113591&d=1421538768

Irie
01-17-2015, 07:01 PM
http://news.insearchofchicas.org/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=113590&d=1421538743

Irie
01-17-2015, 07:07 PM

It's funny because we just discussed this over dinner tonight based on an earlier experience. To me there is good time drinking drunk, but then there is stupid drunk. I definitely don't care for the latter.

j_d66
01-17-2015, 11:07 PM

I didn't mean that getting bottle service is a license to drink to excess only that it allows you to make the drinks to your own taste.

I interpreted your comment that perhaps you like your drinks a little stronger than normal.

My number one rule when I am in the DR is to never drink myself to the point of being out of control and luckily I have not broken that rule yet and hope I never do as it will only lead to trouble for myself. :icontd:

I just like being able to make the drinks to my own taste.

Plus I like my Barcello with Fanta orange and I suspect a bartender there might have trouble with that concept. :rofl::rofl:

jose1234
01-18-2015, 08:26 AM
I didn't mean that getting bottle service is a license to drink to excess only that it allows you to make the drinks to your own taste.

I interpreted your comment that perhaps you like your drinks a little stronger than normal.

My number one rule when I am in the DR is to never drink myself to the point of being out of control and luckily I have not broken that rule yet and hope I never do as it will only lead to trouble for myself. :icontd:

Plus I like my Barcello with Fanta orange and I suspect a bartender there might have trouble with that concept. :rofl::rofl:

It's wise to drink responsibly... :iconTU:

But Seville and Irie can be such a bad influence... :rofl::rofl::rofl:

QueGuapo
01-18-2015, 11:13 AM

Your suggestion was great if somebody drinks a lot. Mine was really not a critique to your point but just an explanation of my drinking habits.
I usually have one or two drinks per day ( some days not even that). Also everytime I have ordered a pina colada at Rancho Tipico, there is really no alcohol at all or very little. I am not the only one who said that but all the people with me noticed it.
I don't know if this is a policy to keep the costs low or just the bartender has no clue of she is doing...
No comments on the Bracelo with Fanta..:lol:

Tiger
01-21-2015, 09:58 AM
I was at the TR the last two nights.

On Monday night the new part was still not open. It looked like they may have just put down the tile. The still had that little wall and ropes separating the new area from the old.

Last night is was all open!!

And very nice!

There were still a lot of people there but it was not as crowded. There is a lot more space. High top tables around the perimeter and dancing is the middle of the new area away from the bar.

Very nice IMO.

I had a great time and may just go back tonight........................

QueGuapo
01-21-2015, 10:03 AM
I was at the TR the last two nights.

On Monday night the new part was still not open. It looked like they may have just put down the tile. The still had that little wall and ropes separating the new area from the old.

Last night is was all open!!

And very nice!

There were still a lot of people there but it was not as crowded. There is a lot more space. High top tables around the perimeter and dancing is the middle of the new area away from the bar.

Very nice IMO.

I had a great time and may just go back tonight........................
Please take pictures. I am really curious to see how it looks like. Thx

Tiger
01-21-2015, 10:04 AM
Ad did have to escort a couple patrons out last night.

One gringa had to be literally carried out by the chico that works there after she fell off her high top chair and broke a few glasses.

And another older gringo after he fell a couple times and was teetering off his high top chair ready to fall off again.

Fun to watch!

Tiger
01-21-2015, 10:05 AM
Please take pictures. I am really curious to see how it looks like. Thx

I will give it a try tonight.

Irie
01-21-2015, 10:09 AM
Ad did have to escort a couple patrons out last night.

One gringa had to be literally carried out by the chico that works there after she fell off her high top chair and broke a few glasses.

And another older gringo after he fell a couple times and was teetering off his high top chair ready to fall off again.

Fun to watch!

And here I thought Tuesday night was Seville's quiet night at home with popcorn and a movie. :rofl:

Would love to see a few pics of the finished product as well Tiger!

Westy
01-21-2015, 10:17 AM
And here I thought Tuesday night was Seville's quiet night at home with popcorn and a movie. :rofl:

That was cold ... http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys/smiley-angry038.gif (http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys.php)

ezsmile
01-21-2015, 11:08 AM

Tiger
01-21-2015, 11:48 AM

I have been there three times so far this trip and have not seen him there yet.

I'm starting to have a complex.............