PDA

View Full Version : 12/2013 - Avoid Midtown Sosua Restaurant inside Hotel Don Antonio.

Festy
02-27-2013, 09:09 AM
Midtown Restaurant & Bar is located in Hotel Don Antonio. They have only been open for a month or so but seem to be doing very well. Alan is the owner and is working hard to offer awesome food and a reasonable price. Stop by and try them out.

seeker241
05-24-2013, 02:42 AM
Thanks for the tip, I have never seen a chica at the bar at the Don Antonio Hotel, but in December they were doing some construction work in that area.

Festy
07-14-2013, 06:45 PM
Heading back in a couple weeks. Will try to post some photos of the menu for their prices if anyone is interested.

Festy
12-29-2013, 06:17 PM
The owner of the Midtown Sosua is a piece of work. My best advice is to avoid the Restaurant inside the Hotel Don Antonio. My initial opinion of the place has now been proved by the owner to be less than accurate now that I have seen him in action. Arrogance, greed and desperation are now on the menu there. Not ISOC friendly. Do yourself a favor and spend your money elsewhere.

TNT72
12-29-2013, 06:18 PM
The owner of the Midtown Sosua is a piece of work. My best advice is to avoid the Restaurant inside the Hotel Don Antonio. My initial opinion of the place has now been proved by the owner to be less than accurate now that I have seen him in action. Arrogance, greed and desperation are now on the menu there. Not ISOC friendly. Do yourself a favor and spend your money elsewhere.

Care to tell us what happened?

Festy
12-29-2013, 06:25 PM
Hotel Don Antonio is a good hotel for the budget minded client. However that said, I can no longer give my endorsement to the Midtown Sosua Restaurant inside the hotel. The owner, Allen Chafe has proved to be a less than a cordial proprietor of this particular establishment. You have so many better options in Sosua for eats that his lack of attention to his clients and the Sosua market has shown me my error in any recommendation for this restaurant. Better off at Rocky's or the Britannia where they REALLY want your business.

Jimmydr
12-29-2013, 06:27 PM
Hotel Don Antonio is a good hotel for the budget minded client. However that said, I can no longer give my endorsement to the Midtown Sosua Restaurant inside the hotel. The owner, Allen Chafe has proved to be a less than a cordial proprietor of this particular establishment. You have so many better options in Sosua for eats that his lack of attention to his clients and the Sosua market has shown me my error in any recommendation for this restaurant. Better off at Rocky's or the Britannia where they REALLY want your business.

Can we have more details?

MrHappy
12-29-2013, 07:41 PM
Maybe this could be merged with the other thread?

WSJ3
12-29-2013, 07:41 PM

And if you are going to mention Rocky's be sure that you let all the rookies on the board know that although some consider the food to be great you will have a LONG LONG LONG wait before you receive said comida.

My wingman loves the food there...I cannot in good conscience endorse a place that makes me wait up to 30 minutes to receive pancakes.

And before anyone says something slightly discourteous to me this is a fucking THIRD WORLD COUNTRY not Tavern on the Green. That being said you are not getting 5 STAR SERVICE at any restaurant in Sosua.

Once you accept that and play your position you will be able to sit back and enjoy your vacation.

http://i933.photobucket.com/albums/ad173/cod-ghost-samuel/1471172_634975983228232_378333407_n_zps71cd16bc.jpg (http://s933.photobucket.com/user/cod-ghost-samuel/media/1471172_634975983228232_378333407_n_zps71cd16bc.jpg.html)

Jimmydr
12-29-2013, 07:42 PM
And if you are going to mention Rocky's be sure that you let all the rookies on the board know that although some consider the food to be great you will have a LONG LONG LONG wait before you receive said comida.

My wingman loves the food there...I cannot in good conscience endorse a place that makes me wait up to 30 minutes to receive pancakes.

And before anyone says something slightly discourteous to me this is a fucking THIRD WORLD COUNTRY not Tavern on the Green. That being said you are not getting 5 STAR SERVICE at any restaurant in Sosua.

Once you accept that and play your position you will be able to sit back and enjoy your vacation.

Click to see pic (http://i933.photobucket.com/albums/ad173/cod-ghost-samuel/1471172_634975983228232_378333407_n_zps71cd16bc.jpg)

As long as your BBBJ comes in under 30 minutes, all is well.:corky:

WSJ3
12-29-2013, 07:50 PM
As long as your BBBJ comes in under 30 minutes, all is well.:corky:

Spoken like a true MONGER...

http://i933.photobucket.com/albums/ad173/cod-ghost-samuel/tumblr_inline_mwffmgcdp31r89d81_zps073df83e.gif (http://s933.photobucket.com/user/cod-ghost-samuel/media/tumblr_inline_mwffmgcdp31r89d81_zps073df83e.gif.html)

I don't go to these places for the food, discos, or the beer...

I want the tight wet pussy and that's the bottom line.

Jimmydr
12-29-2013, 07:52 PM
Spoken like a true MONGER...

Click to see pic (http://i933.photobucket.com/albums/ad173/cod-ghost-samuel/tumblr_inline_mwffmgcdp31r89d81_zps073df83e.gif)

I don't go to these places for the food, discos, or the beer...

I want the tight wet pussy and that's the bottom line.

But we can have it all. Breakfast and the BBBJ.

tgunz
12-29-2013, 07:55 PM
I have enjoyed eating there several times... Allen has always been a gracious host when dealing with me. Even after becoming friendly with a waitress after work hours.. which I dont believe he was thrilled with. You should go into more detail.

Jimmydr
12-29-2013, 07:56 PM
I have enjoyed eating there several times... Allen has always been a gracious host when dealing with me. Even after becoming friendly with a waitress after work hours.. which I dont believe he was thrilled with. You should go into more detail.

After this comment, he needs to go into full detail.

WSJ3
12-29-2013, 07:59 PM
After this comment, he needs to go into full detail.

I was there 2 weeks ago without incident.

Sometimes personalities clash...people have bad days...SHIITE HAPPENS

The best way to deal with it is for the injured party to place an embargo on that establishment. Don't spend your $$$ not only at that restaurant but also at the hotel.

http://i933.photobucket.com/albums/ad173/cod-ghost-samuel/1457554_688659484499760_375591076_n_zps3502b532.jpg (http://s933.photobucket.com/user/cod-ghost-samuel/media/1457554_688659484499760_375591076_n_zps3502b532.jpg.html)

Then there is NO way for them to ever impact your feng shui again when you are on vacation.

Jimmydr
12-29-2013, 08:01 PM

The best way to deal with it is for the injured party to place an embargo on that establishment. Don't spend your $$$ not only at that restaurant but also at the hotel.

Click to see pic (http://i933.photobucket.com/albums/ad173/cod-ghost-samuel/1457554_688659484499760_375591076_n_zps3502b532.jpg)

Then there is NO way for them to ever impact your feng shui again when you are on vacation.

So after two guys have had no problems, we need more to the story.

Ram
12-29-2013, 11:24 PM

Click to see pic (http://s933.photobucket.com/user/cod-ghost-samuel/media/1471172_634975983228232_378333407_n_zps71cd16bc.jpg.html)

I have eaten there quite a bit this year and I have found the food comes significantly quicker than it did before. I have really been surprised by the speed lately.

Apos
12-29-2013, 11:36 PM
My breakfast seems to magically appear somewhere between 8-12 minutes (never more than 15 and that's rare) after being ordered...and it's "almost" too fast! lol

I barely have time for a coffee and a smoke before it arrives. :rolleyes:

Been that way for years starting not long after Rick bought the place.
I have eaten there quite a bit this year and I have found the food comes significantly quicker than it did before. I have really been surprised by the speed lately.

psriches
12-30-2013, 12:14 AM

My wingman loves the food there...I cannot in good conscience endorse a place that makes me wait up to 30 minutes to receive pancakes.Hey wingman, things have changed since back in the day. My breakfast/lunch arrives within minutes and it's always delicious. The new management has been a blessing!!

Jimmydr
12-30-2013, 09:05 AM
So it seems only one out of many had an issue?

Jimmydr
12-30-2013, 09:24 AM
My breakfast seems to magically appear somewhere between 8-12 minutes (never more than 15 and that's rare) after being ordered...and it's "almost" too fast! lol

I barely have time for a coffee and a smoke before it arrives. :rolleyes:

Been that way for years starting not long after Rick bought the place.

What is the rush anyway?

WSJ3
12-30-2013, 11:04 AM
Hey wingman, things have changed since back in the day. My breakfast/lunch arrives within minutes and it's always delicious. The new management has been a blessing!!

I trust you wingman but you know we have been doing this for more that a decade and I stopped going to Rocky's before the new management. Next time we are in Sosua together I will give them another chance.

http://i933.photobucket.com/albums/ad173/cod-ghost-samuel/1514974_10152101508708624_1595105793_n_zpsb4c89ed1.jpg (http://s933.photobucket.com/user/cod-ghost-samuel/media/1514974_10152101508708624_1595105793_n_zpsb4c89ed1.jpg.html)

WSJ3
12-30-2013, 11:06 AM

And we are still waiting for the whole story YES?!?!

Jimmydr
12-30-2013, 11:10 AM

I don't get along with everyone so this may be an example of someone not getting along with a business owner.

Jimmydr
12-30-2013, 11:11 AM
I trust you wingman but you know we have been doing this for more that a decade and I stopped going to Rocky's before the new management. Next time we are in Sosua together I will give them another chance.

Click to see pic (http://i933.photobucket.com/albums/ad173/cod-ghost-samuel/1514974_10152101508708624_1595105793_n_zpsb4c89ed1.jpg)

We met over 13 years ago online. You and me are still going strong.

Festy
01-02-2014, 06:01 PM
Can we have more details?

Yes, sorry for the slow reply but wanted to check with Rick from Rockys before including him in the post.

It went down like this. In 2013 I stayed at Don Antonio's in February, August and again in December. The Midtown Restaurant was only open a few months when I first met the owner, Allan in February. Between myself and the other guys that have eaten there on my recommendation I loosely estimate we have collectively spent in excess of $3000 eating and drinking there. Had my 50th BDay party there too. On the day I posted my negative review I was sitting at the bar doing some work. I had arranged a meeting with Rick to help him with some business. I asked if he would meet me at the Midtown and I would introduce him to Allen. Rick said he was on his way. I told Allen that Rick was the best guy I knew in Sosua and thought Allen would enjoy meeting him and Rick and I were meeting for business. While waiting for Rick, Sydney pops in for lunch. I told Allen to put his meal on my bill...as well as Rick's drinks when he arrived. Sydney sits down and orders and shortly after Rick arrives. I introduce Rick and Allen. Rick extends his hand and says Rick from Rockys, nice to meet you. Allen replies, "Ah, Rockys...the place with average food, welcome to Midtown the place with excellent food...strike one. Rick and I shrugged of the shitty comment by the French-Canadian, Allen and went about with our meeting while also chatting with Allen and Sydney. Sydney finished up and left and Rick followed shortly after.

Shortly after that a good friend of Allen arrives with a box of Monte Cristo #4 Cuban Cigars that Allen quickly mentioned cost his friend $375 USD. I had bought a Dominican Cigar on the beach that day and wasn't happy with the draw and had it sitting idle in the ashtray. Allen knew I was a frequent traveler to Cuba and asked what the street price so he could sell them at the restaurant. I told him I couldn't offer an opinion on those cigars without seeing them and examining them. He got angry and said "yeah but you are smoking that D.R. cigar there and paid 250pesos so why can't you give me a price? 200? 600? in between?" now this is going on in front of his buddy that bought and delivered them. I said "It's not the same thing". He replied "Why can't you just answer the damn question? Just give me a price" again pointing to the D.R. cigar in the ashtray. I had finally had enough, i picked up the D.R. cig and broke it in half and reiterated "It's not the same thing and this cigar was shit". He struggled to open the box that was sealed with the Cuba tax stamp and after a bit of fighting he managed to open the box. I ask to see it, the cigars weren't horrible, nice caps, but a tad loose in the box as well as dry. He offered me one to try stating simply "smoke it and give me a price". I proceeded to bit of the tip and it crumbled like a dry twig. I set it down and said I wouldn't pay anything for that cigar. His friend got up and left, I then told Allen "Don't ever put me on the spot like that again, that was bullshit" to which he responded "Don't talk to me that way"...to which I responded "Give me my check" again he warned me to not talk to him like that....my response "give me my fucking check or I have no check"...Bill was 2400 pesos, I paid and left.

The following day I had another meeting with Rick but this time at Rockys. Sydney was there so we had a brief conversation. He had seen my post on the board and asked what happened. As we spoke we discovered that Allen had charge me for Syd's meal as requested but Allen ALSO charged Syd for his meal. Outright thievery. I then met with Rick to make sure my account of our conversation with Allen was accurate in his negative comments upon meeting Rick. Rick confirmed the conversation went exactly as I have recounted here. So take it for what you want.

Festy
01-02-2014, 06:07 PM

If the waitress was Maria, that is his ex/current GF depending on the day. Last time she mentioned it she still lived with Allen in Sosua. they owned a restaurant together in La Vega for a year or so but didnt make any money. I am staying in Villa Mella and since it has been New Years I haven't had time to be online. Will field whatever questions you guys have knowing someone will have something baseless to offer eventually. The truth comes with rebuttal albeit lacking accuracy at times.

Jimmydr
01-02-2014, 06:09 PM
Yes, sorry for the slow reply but wanted to check with Rick from Rockys before including him in the post.

It went down like this. In 2013 I stayed at Don Antonio's in February, August and again in December. The Midtown Restaurant was only open a few months when I first met the owner, Allan in February. Between myself and the other guys that have eaten there on my recommendation I loosely estimate we have collectively spent in excess of $3000 eating and drinking there. Had my 50th BDay party there too. On the day I posted my negative review I was sitting at the bar doing some work. I had arranged a meeting with Rick to help him with some business. I asked if he would meet me at the Midtown and I would introduce him to Allen. Rick said he was on his way. I told Allen that Rick was the best guy I knew in Sosua and thought Allen would enjoy meeting him and Rick and I were meeting for business. While waiting for Rick, Sydney pops in for lunch. I told Allen to put his meal on my bill...as well as Rick's drinks when he arrived. Sydney sits down and orders and shortly after Rick arrives. I introduce Rick and Allen. Rick extends his hand and says Rick from Rockys, nice to meet you. Allen replies, "Ah, Rockys...the place with average food, welcome to Midtown the place with excellent food...strike one. Rick and I shrugged of the shitty comment by the French-Canadian, Allen and went about with our meeting while also chatting with Allen and Sydney. Sydney finished up and left and Rick followed shortly after.

Shortly after that a good friend of Allen arrives with a box of Monte Cristo #4 Cuban Cigars that Allen quickly mentioned cost his friend $375 USD. I had bought a Dominican Cigar on the beach that day and wasn't happy with the draw and had it sitting idle in the ashtray. Allen knew I was a frequent traveler to Cuba and asked what the street price so he could sell them at the restaurant. I told him I couldn't offer an opinion on those cigars without seeing them and examining them. He got angry and said "yeah but you are smoking that D.R. cigar there and paid 250pesos so why can't you give me a price? 200? 600? in between?" now this is going on in front of his buddy that bought and delivered them. I said "It's not the same thing". He replied "Why can't you just answer the damn question? Just give me a price" again pointing to the D.R. cigar in the ashtray. I had finally had enough, i picked up the D.R. cig and broke it in half and reiterated "It's not the same thing and this cigar was shit". He struggled to open the box that was sealed with the Cuba tax stamp and after a bit of fighting he managed to open the box. I ask to see it, the cigars weren't horrible, nice caps, but a tad loose in the box as well as dry. He offered me one to try stating simply "smoke it and give me a price". I proceeded to bit of the tip and it crumbled like a dry twig. I set it down and said I wouldn't pay anything for that cigar. His friend got up and left, I then told Allen "Don't ever put me on the spot like that again, that was bullshit" to which he responded "Don't talk to me that way"...to which I responded "Give me my check" again he warned me to not talk to him like that....my response "give me my fucking check or I have no check"...Bill was 2400 pesos, I paid and left.

The following day I had another meeting with Rick but this time at Rockys. Sydney was there so we had a brief conversation. He had seen my post on the board and asked what happened. As we spoke we discovered that Allen had charge me for Syd's meal as requested but Allen ALSO charged Syd for his meal. Outright thievery. I then met with Rick to make sure my account of our conversation with Allen was accurate in his negative comments upon meeting Rick. Rick confirmed the conversation went exactly as I have recounted here. So take it for what you want.

Sounds to me that the owner is an asshole but if the food is good and not over priced, its a different matter. Lots of assholes own a business but give a quality product.

Festy
01-02-2014, 06:12 PM

Click to see pic (http://i933.photobucket.com/albums/ad173/cod-ghost-samuel/1457554_688659484499760_375591076_n_zps3502b532.jpg)

agreed but in this case Allen made a shitty comment to Rick while being introduced to him....introduced as a good, stand up guy that I thought you would enjoy meeting. Then Allen got shitty with me and charged both Sydney and me for Sydney's meal.

BrooklynBeas
01-02-2014, 06:15 PM
Sounds to me that the owner is an asshole but if the food is good and not over priced, its a different matter. Lots of assholes own a business but give a quality product.

True, very true... If I feel mistreated I would also never go back or give the owner my money or business... But, I dont know if I would put it on the board not to go to a certain place... But I would probably put that the owner is a dickhead and beware if you happen to go...

Depends how much of a dick the guy was too...

Festy

Not sure how many is "many" but I think Rick and Sydney will confirm my long response from earlier so I anticipate the "one" being more than "one"....maybe even "many" before it's done.

martin0siddle

Do you hate all french canadian ?

Jimmydr
01-02-2014, 06:16 PM
Not sure how many is "many" but I think Rick and Sydney will confirm my long response from earlier so I anticipate the "one" being more than "one"....maybe even "many" before it's done.

It seems that there will be those that have been going there and will continue to go while you and others won't be any more.

Still, this is a good topic.

Festy
01-02-2014, 06:18 PM

Sorry so slow with the response, wanted permission from Rick to go further. I am not staying in Sosua now, we were only there through Sunday and have been tied up with New Year's Festivities at other end of island. I don't log in to ISOC as often as the rest of you.

Jimmydr
01-02-2014, 06:19 PM
Sorry so slow with the response, wanted permission from Rick to go further. I am not staying in Sosua now, we were only there through Sunday and have been tied up with New Year's Festivities at other end of island. I don't log in to ISOC as often as the rest of you.

That is perfectly ok. :iconTU::iconTU::iconTU::iconTU:

Festy
01-02-2014, 06:19 PM

lol, no but I am willing to learn.

Festy
01-02-2014, 06:26 PM
Now for the rest of it. I went back to speak with Obe (the long time manager of Hotel Don Antonio) about it the next day (Sunday). Told him the same story I posted here. His comment "I am not surprised but I am disappointed about Allen". I told him about my board post and he stressed to me to make sure I tell everyone that Allen is NOT affiliated with Don Antonio and only rents the restaurant from the owner. The two businesses are not the same owner and I can vouch for the honesty I have always received from Obe and the Hotel in the past. I always try to spread out my nights between Mary Rose, Sosua Suites and Don Antonio...and that WON'T change. This wasn't the first time I have seen bad behavior from Allen with other clients....just didn't think it was my business to mention the other shit when I wasn't personally involved and knowing ALL the facts first hand by fucking being there.

Festy
01-02-2014, 06:29 PM
Care to tell us what happened?

sorry for the slow response. With New Years and the fact I have been traveling, I haven't had time to log on until now. Here is the story in it's own thread.

http://news.insearchofchicas.org/forum/showthread.php?428429-12-2013-Avoid-Midtown-Sosua-Restaurant-inside-Hotel-Don-Antonio

Thanks to everyone for their patience

Festy
01-02-2014, 08:07 PM

Just a quick note off-topic:
Ate breakfast at Rocky's twice last weekend. < 15 minutes each time. On Saturday I order the #50 which is their largest breakfast with pancakes (I think). Still under 15 minutes. Ordered pizza there on Saturday night while watching Christmas Vacation on Rocky's Movie Night. Again, no problem with the service/speed. But a review of Rocky's is another thread.

Festy
01-02-2014, 09:10 PM

Food prices are what I would call "good" as is the quality of most of the meals...except for the doubling of the price for Sidney's meal. That's stealing...and not by a staff member but by the owner himself. I have ZERO tolerance for that.

If you order scrambled eggs you need to tell Allen to scramble the eggs before putting in to the skillet. I had them in August and they came out white and yellow as Allen has the cook crack the eggs in to the skillet and scramble them while cooking. When asked about that method he said that is how it is done in Montreal. Must be a difference in culinary cultures. No a big deal but more of a preference.

Jimmydr
01-02-2014, 09:11 PM
If you order scrambled eggs you need to tell Allen to scramble the eggs before putting in to the skillet. I had them in August and they came out white and yellow as Allen has the cook crack the eggs in to the skillet and scramble them while cooking. When asked about that method he said that is how it is done in Montreal. Must be a difference in culinary cultures. No a big deal but more of a preference.

They do that in many places.

Seville
01-02-2014, 09:50 PM
Food prices are what I would call "good" as is the quality of most of the meals...except for the doubling of the price for Sidney's meal. That's stealing...and not by a staff member but by the owner himself. I have ZERO tolerance for that.

No chance that could have been an honest mistake? I have had numerous incorrect tabs in this country, some overcharging and some undercharging. A one time thing does not constitute "stealing". Now if there are other reports of this same happening that would show a pattern of dishonesty.

Hottnickels72
01-02-2014, 10:29 PM
Festy, thanks for the heads up on Midtown restaurant. I ate at Midtown restaurant at least 1x/day on my last trip in sosua since i normaly stay at Don Antonio. I have enjoyed the food very much there and have had no issues with Allen. Two of my boys have also eaten there multiple times and have had no issues with Allen. i think it may be a little harsh to tell everyone not to go to this restaurant based on your experience. There are many business owners in this world that are very greedy, arrogant, cruel, mistreat their employees, provide very unsafe work places and etc. but we still continue to support these individuals and products.

Hottnickels72
01-02-2014, 10:38 PM
As far as the bill goes it may be a mistake or it may not be but i think you need to bring that up to Allen. It seems like you are talking to everyone about the bill except for the person who issued it.

Festy
01-02-2014, 11:30 PM
No chance that could have been an honest mistake? I have had numerous incorrect tabs in this country, some overcharging and some undercharging. A one time thing does not constitute "stealing". Now if there are other reports of this same happening that would show a pattern of dishonesty.

With everything that happened in that series of events. Being disrespectful to Rick from Rockys, the cigar thing...no, not an "honest" mistake. He took Sydney's order right there in front of me...and I instructed him to put it on my bill and explained to him that Sydney has prostate cancer and I wasn't sure if this would be my last chance to see him and buy a meal. I spoke to Allen in confidence and Syd didn't know I was making the offer. Sydney sat two stools away out of respect to Rick and I to have our meeting. Nobody else there. Only ONE active bill to keep track of, MINE. Sydney should have NEVER gotten a bill from Allen for his meal. I didn't know he had received a bill until the next day when I ran into Syd at Rockys. No need of a pattern of dishonesty for this transaction to be called what it is. If you disagree that is your right even if you weren't there.

Jimmydr
01-02-2014, 11:32 PM
With everything that happened in that series of events. Being disrespectful to Rick from Rockys, the cigar thing...no, not an "honest" mistake. He took Sydney's order right there in front of me...and I instructed him to put it on my bill and explained to him that Sydney has prostate cancer and I wasn't sure if this would be my last chance to see him and buy a meal. I spoke to Allen in confidence and Syd didn't know I was making the offer. Sydney sat two stools away out of respect to Rick and I to have our meeting. Nobody else there. Only ONE active bill to keep track of, MINE. Sydney should have NEVER gotten a bill from Allen for his meal. I didn't know he had received a bill until the next day when I ran into Syd at Rockys. No need of a pattern of dishonesty for this transaction to be called what it is. If you disagree that is your right even if you weren't there.

So basically, anyone just eating there and not bothering with the owner should receive a good meal then?

Festy
01-02-2014, 11:38 PM
As far as the bill goes it may be a mistake or it may not be but i think you need to bring that up to Allen. It seems like you are talking to everyone about the bill except for the person who issued it.

No, after that entire series of events...the long explanation I posted and all I have NO intention of ever dealing with him again nor speaking to him again. As i posted in a previous comment here, this wasn't my first experience watching his questionable behavior with clients (I was there in February and August too) but it was the first time I was privy to all of it from start to finish...in person...no hearsay, I was there. I am not talking to everyone about the bill merely outlining the series of events (as there were more than one reasons for my negative review of the place) that took place that prompted my comments here. Had I known he did it at the time it happened I most certainly would have had "the chat" with him. Sid didn't tell me until the next day when I was chatting with him while waiting for Rick. Take if for what you want. Believe me, don't believe me. Agree with me, don't agree with me. Go there, don't go there. I was there and now I am done with the place.

Festy
01-02-2014, 11:44 PM
So basically, anyone just eating there and not bothering with the owner should receive a good meal then?

The owner works the majority of the hours. his ex or current GF (they live together but not sure the status of their relationship), Maria works when Allen isn't there or they are busy and both are needed. If Allen or Maria aren't there...the place is closed. Can't answer your question as I have no experience eating there when Allen is gone.

Festy
01-02-2014, 11:58 PM
Festy, thanks for the heads up on Midtown restaurant. I ate at Midtown restaurant at least 1x/day on my last trip in sosua since i normaly stay at Don Antonio. I have enjoyed the food very much there and have had no issues with Allen. Two of my boys have also eaten there multiple times and have had no issues with Allen. i think it may be a little harsh to tell everyone not to go to this restaurant based on your experience. There are many business owners in this world that are very greedy, arrogant, cruel, mistreat their employees, provide very unsafe work places and etc. but we still continue to support these individuals and products.

I made my call, and am comfortable with sticking with it. If you disagree, that is your call and I respect everyone's right to their own opinion and what type of businesses or business person you give your own money to.

A little harsh? His harsh treatment of Rick, coupled with his harsh treatment to me added to the charging of the "cancer patient" for his meal that I was already paying...yeah, I'm good with my review here as harsh as you may see it. I hope you never incur a similar situation.

WSJ3
01-03-2014, 12:06 AM

Based on the information that was provided before you gave an indepth accounting JDR was correct in stating one in many.

Festy
01-03-2014, 12:17 AM
Based on the information that was provided before you gave an indepth accounting JDR was correct in stating one in many.

I am confident Rick will confirm that he was "put off" (I think is how he phrased it when we met the next day) with the way Allen introduced himself to Rick. Rick is a busy busy man and may not see this post immediately. The bullshit on that day started when Allen was introduced to Rick.

I am confident Sydney will confirm that he received and paid the bill that Allen gave him, not knowing at the time that I had arranged to pay it after my conversation with Allen about Syd's current health condition and fight with cancer.

Obe the manager of Don Antonio's had never heard of ISOC until I mentioned it to him so the number of regulars that frequent that hotel are either NON ISOC members (and may never see this post to offer their experiences) or have not mentioned ISOC to Obe as the GREAT source of Sosua information that it is for whatever reason...and may not post or comment either.

It is what it is.

WSJ3
01-03-2014, 12:20 AM

Not a problem.

Thanks for the update.

I hope this doesn't happen to you again in the future but if it does and you want to update the community it might be a better idea to include all the facts up front.

If that means you hold off on the thread while you check to see if you can mention names then its probably better to wait. Just constructive suggestions to avoid any misunderstandings going forward.

And my wingmans post did confirm that the service at Rockys has improved since the time I dined there. However, I don't give establishments 2nd chances after they burn me so I didn't know the improvements that had been made since the new management change.

Everyone is different and thats what makes the world a beautiful place. I don't go to Sosua to eat I go there TO FUCK CHICAS...
http://i933.photobucket.com/albums/ad173/cod-ghost-samuel/DSC05189_zpsf3406219.jpg (http://s933.photobucket.com/user/cod-ghost-samuel/media/DSC05189_zpsf3406219.jpg.html)
Again sorry this happened to you and I like to end my rant with some of my Dec 2013 chicas to soothe any rough edges that I may or may not have caused posting in this thread...
http://i933.photobucket.com/albums/ad173/cod-ghost-samuel/DSC05209_zps62e78e5e.jpg (http://s933.photobucket.com/user/cod-ghost-samuel/media/DSC05209_zps62e78e5e.jpg.html)

http://i933.photobucket.com/albums/ad173/cod-ghost-samuel/DSC05284_zps601fa430.jpg (http://s933.photobucket.com/user/cod-ghost-samuel/media/DSC05284_zps601fa430.jpg.html)

Festy
01-03-2014, 12:31 AM
Not a problem.

Thanks for the update.

I hope this doesn't happen to you again in the future but if it does and you want to update the community it might be a better idea to include all the facts up front.

If that means you hold off on the thread while you check to see if you can mention names then its probably better to wait. Just constructive suggestions to avoid any misunderstandings going forward.

And my wingmans post did confirm that the service at Rockys has improved since the time I dined there. However, I don't give establishments 2nd chances after they burn me so I didn't know the improvements that had been made since the new management change.

We each have the right to spend our own money the way we want and where we want.
We each have the right to post what we think and how we feel about a situation when we feel.
You even have the right to warn people about Rocky's past slow service without holding off on the comment until confirming with your wingman if that would have been an accurate comment to post in Rocky's Restaurant's thread as a warning to the new members.
And I also agree with you and the right that I don't give establishments 2nd chances after they burn me...especially repeatedly in the same day of the same bill.

I am here in Villa Mella with a hot blondie and she is ready for some gringo lovin. LOL take care and I hope everyone has good luck in this New Year. Cheers.

Jimmydr
01-03-2014, 09:18 AM
I made my call, and am comfortable with sticking with it. If you disagree, that is your call and I respect everyone's right to their own opinion and what type of businesses or business person you give your own money to.

A little harsh? His harsh treatment of Rick, coupled with his harsh treatment to me added to the charging of the "cancer patient" for his meal that I was already paying...yeah, I'm good with my review here as harsh as you may see it. I hope you never incur a similar situation.

Like all members here, you are entitled to give an opinion,and have a discussion about it.

This topic went very well.:iconTU:

Jimmydr
01-03-2014, 09:19 AM
The owner works the majority of the hours. his ex or current GF (they live together but not sure the status of their relationship), Maria works when Allen isn't there or they are busy and both are needed. If Allen or Maria aren't there...the place is closed. Can't answer your question as I have no experience eating there when Allen is gone.

Since I have no plans to go to Sosua and i have my favorite spots, I most likely will never get to eat here.

Festy
01-03-2014, 09:37 AM
Since I have no plans to go to Sosua and i have my favorite spots, I most likely will never get to eat here.

I am headed to Boca Chica today to hang with Yayow for a couple days at his new bars. If you are in the area, stop by and let me buy you a few drinks. I have a couple different phone numbers here but my personal one is 829-422-5283 if you are around.

Jimmydr
01-03-2014, 09:41 AM
I am headed to Boca Chica today to hang with Yayow for a couple days at his new bars. If you are in the area, stop by and let me buy you a few drinks. I have a couple different phone numbers here but my personal one is 829-422-5283 if you are around.

I get there in few weeks.

Hottnickels72
01-03-2014, 11:39 AM
Festy, Now that you have provided some more details on this event, I have much better understanding of the situation. I'm one of those guys who do not like nonsense and get turned off very easily, especially from people who do bad business and who are greedy and selfish. So, I definitely understand why you don't want to go to that establishment and for giving us the heads up.

Hope you enjoy your time in BOCA.

dquick
01-04-2014, 08:35 AM

:rolleyes:

But seriously, Quebec is a special place. It took me two years to warm up to Quebecers.

Jimmydr
01-04-2014, 10:11 AM

But seriously, Quebec is a special place. It took me two years to warm up to Quebecers.

The province?

It destroyed me. Her name was Tootsi, she was maybe 5 ft 1. The year was September 1985 and it sent me down that highway to hookers.

WSJ3_Sith_Lord
01-04-2014, 01:12 PM
The province?

It destroyed me. Her name was Tootsi, she was maybe 5 ft 1. The year was September 1985 and it sent me down that highway to hookers.

For which I am sure you are eternally grateful JDR

Jimmydr
01-04-2014, 01:45 PM
For which I am sure you are eternally grateful JDR

If it wasn't for that a would be a dedicated working accountant with no sex life.

tgunz
01-04-2014, 05:31 PM
Festy, you had me at french canadian! Lol... lol... I can definately bekieve everything you said. I hope the double charge was a mistake... being a dick is one thing . A thief is something completely different. One less spot to eat...

sopranostingray
01-04-2014, 08:40 PM

I dare you to call a Quebecer a French Canadian. In their eyes, there is Quebec and then there is Canada.

Festy
01-04-2014, 10:09 PM
Hanging here in Boca Chica with Yayow...he said to tell all his sosua amigos hello...come see him in boca chica when you are in the area. www.senortranquilos.com

michel3275
01-04-2014, 11:02 PM
I dare you to call a Quebecer a French Canadian. In their eyes, there is Quebec and then there is Canada.
And i dare you to say its not exactly that