PDA

View Full Version : Sosua for Dummies - Beginners Guide to Monger’s Disneyland

dquick
01-18-2014, 10:02 AM
High season has come again in Sosua. This time of year, many guys decide to take there first trip to Sosua. I decided to write this thread to help out new guys. We often tell guys to read the board, when new guys ask questions. The problem is that there is so much information, guys don’t know where to start. Some information is out dated. Trip report access is a good start, but reading what a guy did on his 20th trip is probably not what a guy should do on trip #1.

Now the advice given is just my guys opinion. Others may have different advice, so feel free to add you opinion. I just request that we keep the focus on guys new to the DR. Most new guys speak little to no spanish. Some have never left their home state, let alone travelled to a different country. So to veterans, keep this in mind when you reply. I hope to have this thread complete inside of a week.

Note to Moderators: I know there are similar threads on the board written in the past. BUT things change over time and its good to give new guys recent intel in a new thread.

dquick
01-18-2014, 10:07 AM
Who Should Go to Sosua

If you do not like fucking women, hate hot weather, and do not like going out….Sosua is probably the wrong place for you. If you always dreamed of fucking Many Dominican women, but just not into hanging out or being outside too much, I would suggest Black Beards or Field of Dreams.

http://www.blackbeardsadultresort.com

http://www.fieldofdreamsadultresort.com

My suggestion would be to book your trip between November - February The weather is relatively mild this time of year. You can get an air conditioned room, the chicas will be onsite and you can take a chica straight back to your room with little trouble. In between girls, you can watch television, read a book, or whatever else you like to do.

Sosua is more for the guy who likes to get out more. If you don’t normally go out but want to hang out more, Sosua is the place to come. Sosua has a great beach. Many restaurants. Different types of bars. Different type of chicas. Hotels. Everything a guy needs is in walking distance, as long as you are willing to get out of your hotel room. I will get into more details later in this thread.

Many guys are hesitant to come to somewhere new without a wingman. DO NOT WORRY. It is easy to find guys to hang out with once you get to Sosua. Don't let not having somebody to hang with stop you from coming to Sosua.

dquick
01-18-2014, 10:14 AM
Pre Trip Planning

The first thing you have to do is to decide when to come. Most times are a good time to come for a first timer. There are a few exceptions. Avoid family holidays. Chicas will be with there family and many of the popular Sosua spots will be empty. Christmas eve, Christmas Day, Easter, and New Years are the few that come to mind. I would also avoid Super Bowl Weekend for a first timer. Sosua is crowded and chica prices are the highest of the year. My favorite time to come is Summer time. This is low season. Chica prices are at the lowest point and hotels are cheaper.

Next, you need to plan where to stay. Sosua does not have any 5 star hotels. Lower your expectations from the start. You are in a 3rd world country, so you need to lower your expectations to your surroundings. Remember that you came to Sosua to fuck chicas , not find the best hotel on the island.

My recommendation is to stay as close to the action as possible for your first trip. DO NOT STAY IN AN ALL INCLUSIVE RESORT! There is only 1 all inclusive in Sosua, Casa Marina. Others in the area are way too far away. You will not be allowed to take a chica into any all inclusive. So it defeats the purpose of coming to Sosua.

I am going to give you 3 recommendations that are walking distance to all the action. These are all sponsors of this site and many members stay at these places. I know the management / owners of all these places. This is in no particular order. I love all three of these places.

Victoria House
This is located right on the water. All rooms have a balcony that faces the water. Beautiful scenery. Great location. You can contact El Rey of the board directly. Read my thread on this hotel.

http://news.insearchofchicas.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?1114-Victorian-House

Casa Cayena
Another great place to stay. Wilfred is a great host and the place in very well run.

http://news.insearchofchicas.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?1107-Hotel-Casa-Cayena

Sosua Suites or Rockys
Rick runs both of these places and is a great host. Rockys is a restaurant, but has small rooms in the back. The price is very economical, for the budget minded first timer. Sosua Suites is the closest place I know to all the action, that also has a kitchen. Rick has some places that are further off the strip. I would recommend a close place for a first timer.

http://news.insearchofchicas.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?912-Rockys-Hotel-amp-Bar

There are many other good places to stay, so if these are booked find another. Some are a little further away. If you are in Sosua, you can catch a moto. But I personally avoid riding on the back of a moped. Renting a car is an option, but not a good idea for a first timer. Trust me. It is not worth the risk.

The nices place to stay in the Sosua area are villas. But this requires transportation, which is a hassle. I have watched groups of guys get a villa on their first trip. The place is great, but then you are chained to the group. You can hire a cab and split the cost, but what if you find a girl you want to fuck, but others in the group are still looking. You can look for groups of chicas, but somebody ends up with a chica you really did not want. (And one bad guy or chica can make problems for everybody.) It is much better if the group is staying somewhere close.

dquick
01-18-2014, 10:50 AM
Pre Trip Things To Do
The most obvious thing you need to do is hit your local drug store. You need to purchase a large supply of condoms, lube (anal lovers), and any other sex toys you may desire. These items are more expensive in the DR. Also purchase Imodium. Unfortunately, you probably will need it.

If you plan to use your ATM cards or credit cards, call the bank and advice them of your trip. If you plan to carry cash, I would purchase a small lock box as well. Hotels safes are good, but are not 100% secure. I personally carry cards, but carry cash as well. I keep my cash in a personal lock box. It cost me $30 at Walmart.

I for one am an advocate for having a cell phone. If you have an unlocked cell, you can purchase a SIM at Orange or Claro. You could also purchase a cheap cell phone once you arrive. You can find a cheap cell for under $20.

Pack light. You will not be dressing up in Sosua. Shorts, t-shirts can be worn 24 hours a day. I normally wear jeans at night. Maybe a collared shirt. BUT I definitely do not dress up in Sosua. It is a tourist town.

The final thing you need to do is set a budget. Once you put aside money for hotel, airline ticket, $10 entry fee into DR (put aside exact change), cab fare to and from Sosua (if necessary), I will plan between $150 - $250 a day for food, drinks, fun, and chicas. My budget is $200 per day, but I could spend more if I choose. You can make it on $100 a day, but you really have to watch what you spend on alcohol and chicas. If this is your budget, you cannot run up a big bar bill and you can’t splurge on a high price chica. (More on chica prices later.)

If you cannot afford to spend $100 a day on top of the airline ticket and rental car, STOP RIGHT HERE!!! You should not be taking this trip. If you like to drink and cannot budget a minimum of $150 a day, STOP!!! If you really can’t afford a trip, it will not be fun.

Jonew1
01-18-2014, 02:00 PM
Man 100$ a day budget would be tough unless you are not a drinker or something like that. I Cant see a person having much of a good time if they had to worry about not pushing a 100$ limit. Especially if it were their first time in sosua or a beginner. Never the less good information on sosua.

Pac-Man
01-18-2014, 02:22 PM
Man 100$ a day budget would be tough unless you are not a drinker or something like that. I Cant see a person having much of a good time if they had to worry about not pushing a 100$ limit. Especially if it were their first time in sosua or a beginner. Never the less good information on sosua.

Post hotel etc, 1st trip was $300/day. 2nd was $250/day. I could easily do $200 on my next trip. I have like $150 worth of excess pesos just sitting here.

SrSuerte
01-18-2014, 02:31 PM
Good info. I took my to noobies to Blackbeards for their first night. One of them took 7 girls total before midnight (because of threesomes) and the other took 4 or 5. I took 3. This made going to Sosua easier because Blackbeards put everything in perspective for them. It showed them what 1600 dominican pesos could do. They enjoyed the food and got their initial trip excitement out of their system.

I told them everything they needed to know about safety, security, and money. Neither one of them tried to be a big spender until the last night, but that worked out with a little assistance. Could have been ugly if I did not choose to make sure they went home with a date before I called it a night. Throughout the week they both had time to experience Sosua on their own but I always wanted to be there when I thought it was critical (when they were drunk). Its all fun, but first trip mistakes could put a permanent negetive thought any anyone's mind.

One of them has been three times already between September and December (one trip he was alone). The other wants to go back but its hard for him to manage it.

deezl
01-18-2014, 02:45 PM
Pattaya is Monger Disneyland,

Sosua is more like Monger Coney Island.

:rofl::rofl::rofl:

weyland
01-18-2014, 03:05 PM
Good idea for an up-to-date comprehensive thread for newbies and sensible advice here. My only comments:

You can get an air conditioned room.
Not hard to find a room with a/c, but I won't get hung up on it in January/February. It is warm most days here but not too warm at night. One or two nights it has been quite chilly. From March onwards, different story.

Also purchase Imodium. Unfortunately, you probably will need it.
Good idea to bring it, but writing "probably" is a bit strong. How many get the shits first trip? Not more than 20% for sure, and half of those have acted carelessly. You don't want to frighten guys off.

Westy
01-18-2014, 03:18 PM
Also purchase Imodium. Unfortunately, you probably will need it.

Good idea to bring it, but writing "probably" is a bit strong. How many get the shits first trip? Not more than 20% for sure, and half of those have acted carelessly. You don't want to frighten guys off.

That reminds me, Weyland, would you like me to bring more Pepto-Bismol in March?

j_d66
01-18-2014, 03:43 PM
I would agree with DQuick, if you can't spend more than $100 per day it might not be the full experience.

But if you don't drink much and only do 1 session or think you can score sessions for $1,000RD or less than it is possible.
But the chicas can smell out a first timer so the low cost session although not impossible are less likely.

My days normally range from $150-$225 most days.

I find the overall cost is not much different whether you keep a chica for an extended period of time or sample many chicas (3-5 sessions per day)

You will have more fun on the first trip by sampling as many different chicas as you can. Try them all out but keep your wits about you or they will try to take advantage of you.

Everyone is going to want to help and you will get many requests.

The most important word to know is NO. They might call you some dirty name but the next day they will be your friend all over again

Beggars. If you give them money, be prepared to give them money every time you see them as they will hit you up time and time again and they will see you often.

Don't worry about having to pack every little thing as most everything is available there as well.
Things like mouthwash, lotion and shampoo are readily available.

But as was said bring your own condoms and lube and immodium. It is a trip saver and helps to keep things tight should they start to flow.

Buy bottled water to drink it is ultra cheap

Probably never a good thing to tell a chica that it is your first time there as she is not asking you that she can show you the ropes :corky:

dirty rig hand
01-18-2014, 04:10 PM
Pattaya is Monger Disneyland,

Sosua is more like Monger Coney Island.

:rofl::rofl::rofl:
pattaya is incredible! not so much about the beaches more about the bitches! if u like strip clubs and bars this is the place! more like fucking incredible! and hot! cant wait to go back but travel time is a pain! oh and the girls are asian not spanish - to - quite dark. same prices different bills

Seville
01-18-2014, 07:30 PM
I will admit that I really didn't read any of it but.....

Dquick giving advice? Priceless. It's the thought that counts.:rofl::rofl:

tarzan
01-18-2014, 07:34 PM

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

Well...I read it and he makes sense. Like trey might say, "do like I tell you not like I do it".:corky:

Westy
01-18-2014, 08:02 PM

Well...I read it and he makes sense. Like trey might say, "do like I tell you not like I do it".:corky:

Well ... okay ... I don't have nearly as much experience as he has ...

But I'm not going to try to tell anyone how to "do it right."

I think it's better for me to say, "This is what I did, and this is how freakin' stupid fucked-up it turned out."

dquick
01-18-2014, 10:17 PM
I would agree with DQuick, if you can't spend more than $100 per day it might not be the full experience.

But if you don't drink much and only do 1 session or think you can score sessions for $1,000RD or less than it is possible.
But the chicas can smell out a first timer so the low cost session although not impossible are less likely.

My days normally range from $150-$225 most days.

I find the overall cost is not much different whether you keep a chica for an extended period of time or sample many chicas (3-5 sessions per day)

You will have more fun on the first trip by sampling as many different chicas as you can. Try them all out but keep your wits about you or they will try to take advantage of you.

Everyone is going to want to help and you will get many requests.

The most important word to know is NO. They might call you some dirty name but the next day they will be your friend all over again

Beggars. If you give them money, be prepared to give them money every time you see them as they will hit you up time and time again and they will see you often.

Don't worry about having to pack every little thing as most everything is available there as well.
Things like mouthwash, lotion and shampoo are readily available.

But as was said bring your own condoms and lube and immodium. It is a trip saver and helps to keep things tight should they start to flow.

Buy bottled water to drink it is ultra cheap

Probably never a good thing to tell a chica that it is your first time there as she is not asking you that she can show you the ropes :corky:

This is a great point. You will have to say no allot in Sosua. BUT ONLY SAY NO ONCE. After that, I do not even acknowledge the request. This might seem rude to you, but a Dominican with money would not have acknowledge the request the first time. They would have simply ignored the beggar.

questner
01-18-2014, 10:37 PM
This one may be useful for many, LA PLAYA - an English or German magazine - that can be picked up in Sosua, has got its Sosua Yellow Pages section in 8-9 pages. Anyone with access to a good color scanner please copy and post in pdf this section. It has got a lot of useful info hotels, bars etc with addresses and telephones.

dquick
01-18-2014, 11:01 PM
One point I forgot to make about planning a trip. Do not plan your first trip for 3 or 4 nights. This is way too short for a first timer and you will end up regretting it. I would recommend 1 week for a first timer. This is about right.

Once you arrive, take a deep breath. You have been looking forward to this for a while, but do not rush out to find a chica. Settle into your room. Unpack. Lock up all valuables. Make sure you have condoms in a place easy to reach. Also lock up your passport. Carry around a copy, but I have never needed this copy in any situation. I normally carry my US driver’s license and about 4000 pesos. DO NOT CARRY A LARGE SUM OF MONEY. I have known guys to get pick pocketed. Now you are ready to have fun.

During the day, the most popular place to go is the beach. As you walk past the shops, every guy will want you to look at the stuff he is selling. I would just ignore them on my first day. There is plenty of time to buy souvenirs late in your trip. Do not even bother responding to these guys. If you give them an opening, they will never leave you alone. As you pass restaurants, the places will do the same. My favorite restaurant on the beach is Mofo King. This spot is about in the middle of the beach strip. The prices are very reasonable and the food is good. You will notice that places like Mofo King are not bothering every person passing by to sit down. This is because there prices are reasonable, the food is good, and they get customers. The most aggressive beach bars are normally the ones that are over priced and poor quality. Another popular spot with ISOC is Ruby’s. Just watch that Robert guy. That old man is always cranky. BUT bring him some salad dressing from the US and you made a friend for life.

A few words of wisdom on the beach. Never order anything from a place without knowing how much it cost. Never run a tab. Pay as you go. This goes for anywhere in Sosua. I can’t tell you the number of times I have found a discrepancy on a check. The best way to handle this is to simply not run a tab.

You may see chicas walking by. Don’t be shy about calling a chica over. Just remember that Sunday is family day. Many families from Santiago visit Sosua. Many girls are not available this day and will not respond when you call them over.

Once evening comes, its time to start hitting places on the strip. My favorite is Rhumba, but you may want to explore other spots on the strip. Around this time, you start running into Dominican guys who open with the line “My Friend. My Friend”. These guys are hustlers and are not your friend. They will offer help talking to chicas. They will try to follow you around. THESE GUYS WILL ONLY COST YOU MONEY. DO NOT ALLOW THEM TO HANG AROUND YOU!!!.

I can’t emphasis this enough. I witnessed an incident during my last trip where a dominican guy sat down at a table. Started talking to the guys and ordering drinks. By the end of the incident, he ran up a 2000 pesos tab. (Almost $50) The gringos at the table were stuck with the bill.

dquick
01-18-2014, 11:15 PM
The most popular night spot is Dlatin. You may also notice chicas hanging outside Dlatin. Some may just be getting air, but others are not allowed inside. There are only two reasons they are not allowed inside, they are either under age or they have gotten in trouble in the past. Regardless of the reason, if a chica can’t go inside, a guy should leave them alone on their first trip. There are many bars along the area, so spend some time looking around. You may find a place you like better than Dlatin.

Late at night, the only after hours spot in Sosua is After 1. It gets going at 3 AM. For a first timer, this is not the best place to pick up a girl. Many of these girls have been drinking for hours. Some have been doing other “party favors” as well. I would recommend for a new guy to already decide on a chica before 3 AM. But you can find good girls in this spot.

Since we are on the subject of “party favors”, let me give one big piece of advice. LEAVE YOUR BAD HABITS BACK AT HOME. If you like to have something stronger than alcohol, save that for another weekend. You really don’t want to be in a Dominican jail. If you like to bing drink, pick another time for the bing. There is no easier target than a drunk gringo. Many will not head this advice…but that is the reason why some guys get robbed, end up in jail, or worse.

dquick
01-18-2014, 11:22 PM
Before I finish writing for the night, I want to add a little more. 95% of guys go to Sosua and don't have any problems. Guys get away with getting drunk and make it back to their hotel safely. Sosua is a pretty safe town. BUT incidents do happen. Often these incidents could have been avoided. Normally alcohol is involved.

Now that we have finished the basics, we can get to dealing with the chicas....

hugrad95a
01-18-2014, 11:59 PM
Dquick giving mongering advice. Lawddddd take me now I have seen it all.... Just kidding Quicksyterr, actually informative.

One word of the advice dont drink the water use your bottle water to brush your teeth and dont eat the burger at Rhumba... Knocked me out for two days.....

daddyooo
01-19-2014, 12:43 AM
This one may be useful for many, LA PLAYA - an English or German magazine - that can be picked up in Sosua, has got its Sosua Yellow Pages section in 8-9 pages. Anyone with access to a good color scanner please copy and post in pdf this section. It has got a lot of useful info hotels, bars etc with addresses and telephones.

http://www.laplaya-dominicana.com/

dquick
01-19-2014, 12:03 PM
Getting Dominican Pesos
I almost forgot about this very important topic. You have to decide up from whether to bring US cash or use ATMs. If your plan is to use ATMs, make sure you have multiple cards that you can pull from. You do not want a problem with one institution to rullen your trip. There are multiple banks in Sosua. I personally like Scotia Bank’s ATM which is inside the Pharmacy beside the Texaco on the main road. Scotia is a large Canadian bank, therefore I trust this bank. This ATM also allows you to withdraw up to 10,000 pesos. Some ATMs in the DR only allow 4000 pesos per transaction. Remember you will pay fees per each transaction, so you may want to keep the number of transactions to a minimum.

One thing to watch out for is Skimming Devices. I have a close friend who works in Banking Fraud Prevention. There has been multiple reports of Skimming Devices being installed on ATMs in Boca Chica. He has not seen a similar incident in Sosua, but it is probably just a mater of time.

Note: If you do not know what a skimming device is, please educate yourself. This is used quite often by thieves in the United States. I do a quick scan for skimming devices before I use any ATM.

Now if you carried cash on you, you need to change your money to pesos. There are many guys on the street in Sosua shouting "Change. Change." DO NOT CHANGE MONEY FROM A GUY ON THE STREET. ONLY CHANGE MONEY FROM GUYS IN BUILDINGS!!!

Many of these guys try to slip counterfeit pesos in your stack. This is a common problem, but if you are dealing with an actual business in a building, you can always return to the store. The best place to exchange money is at Western Union. They normally have the best rate. The one thing to remember is that they require you to show your passport. They track where money came from to protect themselves.

One more thing. DO NOT ACCEPT ANY BILLS LARGER THAN 1000 PESO NOTE. You really want a variety of bills. Most of the small businesses do not have change. And don't expect the chicas to have change either.

ezsmile
01-19-2014, 12:18 PM
Getting Dominican Pesos
I almost forgot about this very important topic. You have to decide up from whether to bring US cash or use ATMs. If your plan is to use ATMs, make sure you have multiple cards that you can pull from. You do not want a problem with one institution to rullen your trip. There are multiple banks in Sosua. I personally like Scotia Bank’s ATM which is inside the Pharmacy beside the Texaco on the main road. Scotia is a large Canadian bank, therefore I trust this bank. This ATM also allows you to withdraw up to 10,000 pesos. Some ATMs in the DR only allow 4000 pesos per transaction. Remember you will pay fees per each transaction, so you may want to keep the number of transactions to a minimum.

One thing to watch out for is Skimming Devices. I have a close friend who works in Banking Fraud Prevention. There has been multiple reports of Skimming Devices being installed on ATMs in Boca Chica. He has not seen a similar incident in Sosua, but it is probably just a mater of time.

Note: If you do not know what a skimming device is, please educate yourself. This is used quite often by thieves in the United States. I do a quick scan for skimming devices before I use any ATM.

Now if you carried cash on you, you need to change your money to pesos. There are many guys on the street in Sosua shouting "Change. Change." DO NOT CHANGE MONEY FROM A GUY ON THE STREET. ONLY CHANGE MONEY FROM GUYS IN BUILDINGS!!!

Many of these guys try to slip counterfeit pesos in your stack. This is a common problem, but if you are dealing with an actual business in a building, you can always return to the store. The best place to exchange money is at Western Union. They normally have the best rate. The one thing to remember is that they require you to show your passport. They track where money came from to protect themselves.

One more thing. DO NOT ACCEPT ANY BILLS LARGER THAN 1000 PESO NOTE. You really want a variety of bills. Most of the small businesses do not have change. And don't expect the chicas to have change either.

Scotia Bank in the D.R. is not a branch of the Canadian Bank. It is a separate subsidiary.

Watch out for counterfeit 2000 pesos notes. If you don't know how to spot them, just avoid them.

weyland
01-19-2014, 01:34 PM
Scotia Bank in the D.R. is not a branch of the Canadian Bank. It is a separate subsidiary.

Read DR1. Plenty of stories there about gringos who have come unstuck through assuming they are dealing with the "real" Scotia Bank.

Also I would query using an ATM in a farmacia. Always better to use one at a bank. You can get your card back next day (maybe even same day) if the machine eats it. That has happened to me twice. Once outside Banco Popular. Once in a stand-alone hole-in-the-wall along the highway. In the latter case it took four days to get my card back.

But the better advice is not to use ATMs at all. Draw a sizable sum (say enough for two/three days) in one hit inside the bank during the daytime over the teller counter. (You will need your passport). Return to your hotel in the daylight and store your stash in the safe. Only take out the maximum you will need each evening. This routine has the following advantages.

1) You are less likely to be mugged if you tuck away your money in inside or zipped pockets inside the bank and go home in the daylight than drawing it from an ATM in the dark.

2) No chance of your card being eaten or malfunctioning or getting cloned.

3) You can ask for plenty of small denomination notes and coins at the teller counter. Change is hard to get in Sosua, resulting in overpaying.

4) Helps you keep within your budget for the evening.

dquick
01-19-2014, 01:55 PM
Chica Pricing
The general price structure for Sosua is 1500 +/- 500 pesos for ST (Short Term) and 2500 +/- 500 pesos for TLN (All Night Long). Short term in general consist o you getting one nut, then the chica leaves. For TLN you are expected to get 1 nut that night, the chica spends the night, then one more nut in the morning.

This price is just a general guide. Some chicas are going to demand more money and will wait until somebody is willing to pay it. Other chicas will go cheap. My advice to a first timer is to size up the situation before talking to a chica. Talk to the chica to get the feel for her. Then make the chica a fair offer. I will walk you through each step.

Sizing up the Situation
Prices are always lower during the day, than at night. If you meet a chica during the day around the beach or walking on the strip, she is probably bored. She is more likely to accept a lower price than she will demand later in the evening. The more guys who are around looking for a chica, the higher the price will get. Prices are higher on popular weekends, like Super Bowl. Prices are generally lower all day long on a Monday, Tuesday, and Wednesdays.

The thing for a first timer to remember is that these girls are free lancers. They can accept whatever price they choose. They don’t charge every guy the same amount, just like you should not pay every chica the same amount.

Sizing Up Chicas
Now you see a chica that you possibly want. The most important thing is to take your time and don’t be in too much of a hurry. If the chica senses that you are “Thirsty”, the price will go up. If possible, take a look at the chica from a distance. Is she sitting alone in a bar? She is waiting for somebody to come up to her. This is a good thing. Is she with a group of friends having a great time? She probably is not in a hurry to leave with you for money. I would not hesitate to go up to her, but you should keep in mind that she did not have working on her mind. To get the best price, simply get her number. Call her later to get the best price.

Everybody has their own taste in chicas. Some like bigger chicas, some like smaller, some only go for light Dominicans. Others like dark skin Haitians. But you need to take a good look at a chica when making a choice. 99.9% of Sosua chicas will go with any guy for a price. There is no reason to spend all that money on airfare and hotel, then pick an ugly chica because she was willing to accept the equivalent of $10 less. It does not matter whether you would have fucked her back home. You are paying, so your standards should go up. (Unless your budget a day is $100 US)

I would advice all new guys to beware of “Low Hanging Fruit”. There are always more chicas than guys. Some chicas rarely get pulled. This is because most guys don’t find her attractive enough to pay. I watch guys target girls like this and make them a 500 peso offer for ST or 1500 peso offer for TLN. Because they don’t make much money, these girls will accept the offer to get back to your room. BUT these girls cause problems more time than others. They may steal. They may try to change the price on you and go crazy when you refuse to pay it. IMO, its just not worth it. Nothing is 100%, but if a chica makes good money on the strip, she is less likely to give you any problems.

Other things to look at? Look at a chicas clothes. Ask for her number and take a look at her cell phone. If you meet a fine chica, that clothes are a bit cheap. She could use a good trip to the salon. AND she has a cheap cell phone. There are only two possibilities. She is either under age or she is new to Sosua. I would check her ID. (You should do this for every girl before she gets to your room.) If she is of age, you just hit the jackpot. She is new to the scene. Girls new to the scene are normally more reasonable on price and give better sessions. Girls who have been around for a while, hair is fresh out of the salon and has the latest cell phone, already sized you up as a newbie. This can be handled, so don’t let this scare you off.

Making a Fair Offer
Before you make an offer, spend a little time interacting with the chica. If she does not speak English and you don't speak Spanish, turn this into a game. Try signing and pointing. Try to get her to smile. She should be making every attempt to communicate with you. If she is not making the attempt to communicate with you as well, this is a bad sign. Walk away. One option is to get the chicas number. She will call you, if she is interested in giving you a good session. If her interest is low in the bar, you are going to get a bad session back in your room. She will probably rush.

So now you have a chica that you are getting a good vibe from. If there are any of her friends around, separate her when you are talking money. If you don’t know your numbers in spanish, type the number in your phone. Take in consideration the time of day, the chica and her prospect for getting somebody else that day. I normally make a fair offer which is pretty firm. The chica often counters, but unless it is within 500 pesos of my offer, I simply tell her, maybe another time and step away. Often they will come back to you accepting your fair offer. If she wants 500 pesos more, I might accept if I really want her and she has made a good impression on me. (We are only talking $12.) DO NOT GO BACK AND FORTH ON PRICE! If she is unhappy about what she accepted for compensation, she will probably give you a bad session.

Other things to think about. If the most important thing to you is getting a BBJ vs CBJ, make sure you negotiate this. (If you really want uncovered sex, I would not bring that up in negotiations. BUT that is a topic fo a different thread.) If you really want anal, bring that up. BUT any girl that does not know you is going to charge you extra for this.

Jonew1
01-19-2014, 02:58 PM
Lots of good info people opening up with for new guys.

camaro1257
01-19-2014, 03:15 PM
I made this assessment in my Cabarete - Sosua thread that I believe is relevant to the discussion on chica pricing.

Sosua Tier System:Apparently there is a tier system for the chicas in Sousa, yes there are levels to this thing just like ISOC. Chicas rate themselves according to how they perceive themselves and any other factors they consider important such as experience etc. For example:Chica #A perceives herself to be a 9 because she has long natural hair and she is from Santiago she might want 3000DP for ST and 5000DP for TLN.Chica #B is a Sosua veteran and she perceives herself to be a 8 she might want 2500DP for ST and 4000DP for TLN.Chica #C is just in transit and not a part of the system and she may expect 1500DP for ST and 2500DP for TLN.The above listed are simply examples. The problem with the tier system is that it is totally subjective and submission to it gives the chicas more power than I believe they deserve. It is always wisdom on our part to pay what WE believe the chica is valued at and not what she believes she is valued at unless it meets our criteria. I do believe with experience you can look at a Sosua chica and reasonably guess what she expects and negotiate accordingly.

Majicman
01-20-2014, 01:55 PM
Great thread Dquick! As seasoned travelers, we tend to forget the small stuff that made that first trip a little less than it could have been. If this is someone's first trip outside the US, let alone their hometown, they've probably never even thought about exchange rates! The quickest way to get beat is not knowing what something is worth. Believe me, the locals will always know the current exchange rate and so you should too. Install a currency converter app on your phone. Just like a language conversion app that non-spanish speakers should have, this one will help out in translating the money. Remember, no matter how nice people are, they are hustlers trying to earn money like everyone else. If they can sell something to you for more than its worth because you don't understand what those pesos are equal to in dollars, they will do it! This counts for everything from chicas to tips in bars/restaurants to the dude in the cambio that just beat you for 500 or 1000 pesos because you didn't do the math.

Jahworks2k3
01-20-2014, 04:29 PM
Absolutely great thread. It needs to stay updated regularly and made a sticky as I spent months going through threads before I joined. Thanks D!

WSJ3_Sith_Lord
01-20-2014, 05:22 PM
Actually the first thread for all the newbies should read...

STOP SNITCHING AND FALLING IN LOVE WITH THESE SOSUA HOES...

Followed by the next statement.

All the chicas think of gringos as

http://i933.photobucket.com/albums/ad173/cod-ghost-samuel/tumblr_mpdx02IGm91rome1po3_250_zps714686a2.gif (http://s933.photobucket.com/user/cod-ghost-samuel/media/tumblr_mpdx02IGm91rome1po3_250_zps714686a2.gif.html)

And they are just in place to...

http://i933.photobucket.com/albums/ad173/cod-ghost-samuel/tumblr_mpdx02IGm91rome1po4_250_zps8e10fa6e.gif (http://s933.photobucket.com/user/cod-ghost-samuel/media/tumblr_mpdx02IGm91rome1po4_250_zps8e10fa6e.gif.html)

madvillian
01-20-2014, 11:40 PM
Great perspective by DQuick, lets sticky this.

TNT72
01-21-2014, 02:03 AM

That's not even close to what I would say.

More like.........."I'm not completely useless, I can be used as a bad example". :corky:

Mr. Smooth
01-21-2014, 04:28 AM
Dquick, you are forgetting the most important advice of all for a newbie.

"Under no circumstances do you marry a ho." :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

That could put a crimp in a guy's budget!

martin0siddle
01-21-2014, 08:07 PM
great thread thanks :)

Westy
01-21-2014, 09:40 PM
Dquick, you are forgetting the most important advice of all for a newbie.

"Under no circumstances do you marry a ho." :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

That's colder than the snow in my backyard. :rolleyes:

frisky46
01-23-2014, 08:07 AM
http://www.laplaya-dominicana.com/

back in 2003 to 2005 there use to be a similar little booklet available free at most restaurants and hotels called Golden Sun that had lots of advertisement and coupons aimed at tourists ; but last year when I visited it was not there has "la playa" replaced this one ; also back in 2003 you could go to the city hall and ask for a temporary residence card if you were staying for a month or more and with this card you got a discount on food at restaurants and other places ; and actually at any restaurant they often asked you if you were a resident and gave you the other menu with the better prices ; is this still being practiced ; plus booking rooms use to be way cheaper if a local Dominican booked them for you then yourself ;I found that odd because in canada or usa it does not matter were you live everyone pays the same ; Some of these practices for cheaper prices also apply to residents in Eastern European countries ;thank your i;m ricky

greydread
01-23-2014, 04:34 PM
That's colder than the snow in my backyard. :rolleyes:

Long after the snow melts, the truth will still be true.