PDA

View Full Version : how can i withdraw usd?

martin0siddle
04-17-2014, 10:08 PM
Hello

I must soon renew my apartment and I have no more US$ i was wondering if anyone knew how/where i could withdraw US$ from my canadian bank card? As the payment for apartment must be in us$...

The card work in most of sosua atms machine.

Thank you

Apos
04-17-2014, 10:18 PM
Rick will give you USD if you use the ATM in Rocky's. Give him a call and set it up.

Apos
04-17-2014, 10:20 PM
The only other practical, meaning affordable, way would be to offer to sell other gringos pesos at a slightly better rate than WU is offering, assuming they have USD to sell...but that probably won't be fast or easy. :wink:

el_papi_chew_low
04-17-2014, 11:04 PM
Hello

I must soon renew my apartment and I have no more US$ i was wondering if anyone knew how/where i could withdraw US$ from my canadian bank card? As the payment for apartment must be in us$...

The card work in most of sosua atms machine.

Thank you

As a general question, is one able to transfer the money online from your account to theirs or make an online payment in USD in situations like this? Are they not set up for something like this?

questner
04-17-2014, 11:30 PM
For the future, open a USD account at a Dominican Bank (example, at Scotia). Deposit cash/cheques there or wire, then withdraw at the branch.

tgunz
04-17-2014, 11:37 PM
Rick will give you USD if you use the ATM in Rocky's. Give him a call and set it up.

He gave me pesos, and I payed atm fee and got a shitty exchange rate. Maybe I should have asked for dollars... lol. Martin I would definately ask him if he will pay in dollars first. This was al9ng time ago. I believe he just got the machine.

Seville
04-17-2014, 11:39 PM
You can withdraw pesos from the ATM and then change them for dollars at WU. I don't know if the rates are economical or not doing it that way. Banks also buy and sell dollars.

drdreamer
04-18-2014, 12:02 AM
The only other practical, meaning affordable, way would be to offer to sell other gringos pesos at a slightly better rate than WU is offering, assuming they have USD to sell...but that probably won't be fast or easy. :wink:

I have $600USD, if you want to buy it? I will be there tomorrow night. Just give me same rate as WU.

Seville
04-18-2014, 12:13 AM
I have $600USD, if you want to buy it? I will be there tomorrow night. Just give me same rate as WU.

Don't you love it when a plan comes together?:smile:

TNT72
04-18-2014, 01:09 AM
What apartment? In Canada or in Sosua?

SeaWeed
04-18-2014, 09:05 AM
Landlord is sharp cause him covering himself with the rate changes.........
mi landlord on the J island takes the local currency and mi paying $40US less than 2 years ago since she hasn't changed the rent.........lol
of course if the rate goes down.......mi screwed...lol....but dat is never going to happen......so up and up it goes.....lol

deezl
04-18-2014, 01:17 PM
Why don't you pay with bitcoins?

:rofl::rofl::rofl:

martin0siddle
04-18-2014, 06:47 PM
thanks all for reply, i have found what i needed already!

Meyer Lansky
04-19-2014, 01:26 PM

Still shilling for Rick after all these years?
Even the CD evolved to MP3.

Jimmydr
04-20-2014, 12:22 PM

This coming from a guy that gets banned every year.

osanhopps
04-21-2014, 06:50 AM
The simplest way is to go online at the western union site a transfer the money out of your account to the DR. I do it all the time when I am there. If you don't wish to do it online you can use your phone. It takes minutes to get. Just make sure that you tell them that you want US dollars to receive.

martin0siddle
04-21-2014, 09:41 AM
The simplest way is to go online at the western union site a transfer the money out of your account to the DR. I do it all the time when I am there. If you don't wish to do it online you can use your phone. It takes minutes to get. Just make sure that you tell them that you want US dollars to receive.

And then I pay transfer fees of like 40$ + coversion fees because my card is canadian on my WU account... this is very bad idea

Jimmydr
04-21-2014, 09:43 AM
And then I pay transfer fees of like 40$ + coversion fees because my card is canadian on my WU account... this is very bad idea

But who ran out of cash?

martin0siddle
04-21-2014, 10:07 AM
But who ran out of cash?

I didnt run out of cash. I got all my cash in pesos. and on my bank cards. But paying 40$ fees from WU is way too expensive.

Apos
04-21-2014, 12:35 PM
Absolutely!...and you make that sound like something bad :p:rofl:

Where else in Sosua can you get USD cash just for the asking?

I'll give you a hint...no where unless you're willing to pay Western Union for the privilege :rolleyes:

P.S. CD's and most mp3s sound like shit compared to vinyl! :lol:

Meyer Lansky
04-21-2014, 01:33 PM
Absolutely!...and you make that sound like something bad :p:rofl:

Where else in Sosua can you get USD cash just for the asking?

I'll give you a hint...no where unless you're willing to pay Western Union for the privilege :rolleyes:

P.S. CD's and most mp3s sound like shit compared to vinyl! :lol:

Rick is a gracious host, and super generous individual.
What would he do without you swinging from his nuts on regular basis?
You can buy USD for 43.25, not exactly a big deal, if you need 500USD now is it, we are talking under $5 commission!

Apos
04-21-2014, 01:56 PM
Good to know. It used to be a larger cost. :iconTU:

Rick is a gracious host, and super generous individual.
On this we can agree!
What would he do without you swinging from his nuts on regular basis?
You can buy USD for 43.25, not exactly a big deal, if you need 500USD now is it, we are talking under $5 commission!

Thanks for your concern. I'm sure that Rick would let me know if I posted something he had an issue with. :wink:

martin0siddle
04-21-2014, 05:07 PM
Buying USD from WU would have been definetly the best deal.

But i didnt ask about exchanging usd, i onyl wanted to know if it was possible to withdraw usd.

But now i do not need this anymore, the apartement i found took pesos payment.