PDA

View Full Version : 05/2014 - Airport

Seville
05-16-2014, 01:55 PM
I find it extremely odd that once you enter the Santiago airport all the prices for food, merchandise ect is in Dollars; not pesos. At the bus station in Santiago I asked the taxi driver, in Spanish, how much to the airport and he replied, "twenty dollars". Then I asked him how much in pesos and he said 700 pesos.:lol:

JD426
05-16-2014, 02:27 PM
Used to be 500 pesos from the Bus terminals to the airport, as recent as like a year ago,
and 700 from the Airport to the Bus Terminal,but those fuckers now wont budge from 700 pesos no matter which direction you going.

I got a guy to agree to 600 recently but when i got there he asked for 700 anyway... I was not gonna make a scene.. but they are little bastards..
As you know the price used to be 450 for the longest time.. but no more..

I love trying to haggle with those dudes though.. i dont know why i just do.. :rofl::rofl:

From the STI Airport TO the bus terminal I see idiots paying $25 US, all the time.. they dont even question it..

when traffic is bad... I gotta say they DO kind of EARN it.....imo

WickedWillie
05-16-2014, 02:35 PM
Used to be 500 pesos from the Bus terminals to the airport, as recent as like a year ago,
and 700 from the Airport to the Bus Terminal,but those fuckers now wont budge from 700 pesos no matter which direction you going.

I got a guy to agree to 600 recently but when i got there he asked for 700 anyway... I was not gonna make a scene.. but they are little bastards..
As you know the price used to be 450 for the longest time.. but no more..I love trying to haggle with those dudes though.. i dont know why i just do.. :rofl::rofl:

From the STI Airport TO the bus terminal I see idiots paying $25 US, all the time.. they dont even question it..

when traffic is bad... I gotta say they DO kind of EARN it.....imo

Recent Listin Diario front page headline "Rising fuel costs cause rise in cab fares shocker":rolleyes::rolleyes::p

JD426
05-16-2014, 02:39 PM
Recent Listin Diario front page headline "Rising fuel costs cause rise in cab fares shocker":rolleyes::rolleyes::p

Can't say I disagree, most of them seem to run on PROPANE in Santiago, not sure if that saves them $ or not, or is just REQUIRED for pollution and emissions..
never looked into it...
Would not be surprised though if the Propane is less economical, $ wise, and thats why its higher..

WickedWillie
05-16-2014, 02:46 PM
Can't say I disagree, most of them seem to run on PROPANE in Santiago, not sure if that saves them $ or not, or is just REQUIRED for pollution and emissions..
never looked into it...
Would not be surprised though if the Propane is less economical, $ wise, and thats why its higher..

All fuel prices have gone up 10-20% in the last year or so.

Propane is roughly 50% of the cost of regular gasoline and is used solely for economic reasons.

I've yet to meet a Dominican in over 12 years that gives a flying fuck about pollution or emission issues.

If they could find a way to run their cabs on water they would still raise fares and blame higher gas costs.

balcoach
05-16-2014, 02:50 PM
Enjoy your trip my friend. Travel safe.