PDA

View Full Version : 05/2014 - Awesome, we are awesome, for the few that cut muster

Mr. Smooth
06-01-2014, 06:58 PM
Now this group we have here? Hey, as far as I'm concerned, our joint is more welcoming. The drinks are strong and top shelf, not a cheap, backwash tasting well like over there. And the company is fucking priceless! The storytellers, the jokesters, the wealth of life's experiences that are shared here, the humorous anecdotes, the genuine friendships that have materialized....all those reasons and more keep me coming back.

greydread
06-01-2014, 08:22 PM
Now this group we have here? Hey, as far as I'm concerned, our joint is more welcoming. The drinks are strong and top shelf, not a cheap, backwash tasting well like over there. And the company is fucking priceless! The storytellers, the jokesters, the wealth of life's experiences that are shared here, the humorous anecdotes, the genuine friendships that have materialized....all those reasons and more keep me coming back.

Amen to that!

runmemphis
06-01-2014, 08:52 PM
Yes Sir!!! I lurk around alot because I can't add a whole lot but.... A great community here!!!!

Hunter
06-01-2014, 08:58 PM

Where did this kumbaya moment come from Smooth??? what did you get laid 8 ways to Sunday in Kenya or something :wink:

Apos
06-01-2014, 08:58 PM
I totally agree....IF you are known and accepted. :wink::p

IF you are new and not really aware of the unspoken "rules" (And have the audacity to ask a few questions without knowing that you have to post trip reports even if you have never been anywhere) you're likely to be repeatedly (Figuratively so far) anally raped until you leave, or wise up and conform. :rolleyes::lol:

THEN it's all good LOL! :rofl:

Seņor JDR of Medellin
06-01-2014, 09:00 PM

IF you are new and not really aware of the unspoken "rules" (And have the audacity to ask a few questions without knowing that you have to post trip reports even if you have never been anywhere) you're likely to be repeatedly (Figuratively so far) anally raped until you leave, or wise up and conform. :rolleyes::lol:

There are guys that give NOTHING and want everything.

XXX
06-01-2014, 09:02 PM

So Far ,,,,,:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:,,,:rofl::rofl::rofl:

Apos
06-01-2014, 09:03 PM
True. (A very small percentage at least as I see them)

There are guys that give NOTHING and want everything.

But many more are never given a chance or any guidance. :wink: (Or are publically shamed first)

But let's keep this light and happy....no need to get realistic :rolleyes::p:rofl: and be Debbie Downer :cheesygrin::clap::boobies:

Seņor JDR of Medellin
06-01-2014, 09:04 PM

But many more are never given a chance or any guidance. :wink: (Or are publically shamed first)

But let's keep this light and happy....no need to get realistic :rolleyes::p:rofl: and be Debbie Downer :cheesygrin::clap::boobies:

We been going back and forth now for over ten years. :mrgreen:

Seņor JDR of Medellin
06-01-2014, 09:09 PM

This guy joined January and has asked 9 questions.

Hi, the latests time I went to Medellin I have not found a casa where I could pick up a girl to my hotel.
Question: is there a casa where I can go out with a girl? I don't mean bars or night clubs but a casa or a meeting place for girls. When I went to Barranquilla there were many of them but I did not see them in Medellin.
Some info?
Thank you

He will never do a trip report or ever give back.

Apos
06-01-2014, 09:13 PM
We have! :D

AND I'm cool wit it if you are! :iconTU::lol:

Seņor JDR of Medellin
06-01-2014, 09:15 PM
We have! :D

AND I'm cool wit it if you are! :iconTU::lol:

Look at what you wrote, If I wasn't would you still be here:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

Apos
06-01-2014, 09:21 PM
You know what I'm saying.....

(IMO many if not most newbies don't really get a chance, educated or encouraged to contribute and join in. MOST get ridiculed and have their access cut before they have any chance to learn the ropes and become a useful member.)

I bet that almost all new members (Especially those that are not paying members from the beginning) don't get a realistic chance to learn the unspoken rules before being cut off and told to fuck off....thereby alienating the vast majority of possibly valuable new posters.

The Einsteins, Hugh Hefners (NO way he was cool until he made a name for himself with Playboy), Larry Flynts and Jimmy DRs of the world would not make the cut these days and it's a shame. (AND our loss)

I'm done now...nothing to see here....as you were! :rolleyes::rofl:

This guy joined January and has asked 9 questions.

Hi, the latests time I went to Medellin I have not found a casa where I could pick up a girl to my hotel.
Question: is there a casa where I can go out with a girl? I don't mean bars or night clubs but a casa or a meeting place for girls. When I went to Barranquilla there were many of them but I did not see them in Medellin.
Some info?
Thank you

He will never do a trip report or ever give back.

Apos
06-01-2014, 09:22 PM
TOO true....and I'm thankful (almost) everyday :iconTU:

Look at what you wrote, If I wasn't would you still be here:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

Apos
06-01-2014, 09:24 PM
More like 12 years. We met in 2005 IIRC but there were 1 or 2 years of yahoo, etc....before ISOC became a reality. :D

Mr. Smooth
06-01-2014, 09:24 PM
Where did this kumbaya moment come from Smooth??? what did you get laid 8 ways to Sunday in Kenya or something :wink:

I think it was Tuesday.

Surprised to see Jimmy take a piece of what I wrote in the Dom.Billy thread to start a new thread. I feel all warm and fuzzy inside!

Drinks on me! :toast:

Seņor JDR of Medellin
06-01-2014, 09:25 PM

(IMO many if not most newbies don't really get a chance, educated or encouraged to contribute and join in. MOST get ridiculed and have their access cut before they have any chance to learn the ropes and become a useful member.)

But there are so many other boards where they can ask 5,000 questions and get educated.

Am I glad that actually have a real job and don't live off of income from this discussion.

I changed the title, to something you may agree with, I hope.:iconTU:

Seņor JDR of Medellin
06-01-2014, 09:25 PM
I think it was Tuesday.

Surprised to see Jimmy take a piece of what I wrote in the Dom.Billy thread to start a new thread. I feel all warm and fuzzy inside!

Drinks on me! :toast:

Not everyday someone says something awesome about by creation.:iconTU::iconTU:

Seņor JDR of Medellin
06-01-2014, 09:26 PM
More like 12 years. We met in 2005 IIRC but there were 1 or 2 years of yahoo, etc....before ISOC became a reality. :D

You didn't have anything bad to say about that yahoo baby.:iconTU:

Seņor JDR of Medellin
06-01-2014, 09:27 PM
TOO true....and I'm thankful (almost) everyday :iconTU:

I will take almost everyday, from almost everyone.

Seņor JDR of Medellin
06-02-2014, 01:11 PM

I bet that almost all new members (Especially those that are not paying members from the beginning) don't get a realistic chance to learn the unspoken rules before being cut off and told to fuck off....thereby alienating the vast majority of possibly valuable new posters.

The Einsteins, Hugh Hefners (NO way he was cool until he made a name for himself with Playboy), Larry Flynts and Jimmy DRs of the world would not make the cut these days and it's a shame. (AND our loss)

There is enough stuff in the free area to read. Using the thank you button shows that they read things.

Joining for a year gets even more access.

They can even get involved in some of the conversations.

Malo
06-02-2014, 01:15 PM
The two year deal is fair and anyone living in the US can use google Wallet to pay

Malo
06-02-2014, 01:16 PM

You are the beginning of the Ten Year club which will have many dozens over time.

greydread
06-02-2014, 06:34 PM
But there are so many other boards where they can ask 5,000 questions and get educated.

Am I glad that actually have a real job and don't live off of income from this discussion.

I changed the title, to something you may agree with, I hope.:iconTU:

I'm with Hunter here. I would've picked something more appropriate like "Koom-bay-ya, Mothafuckas!"

BrooklynBeas
06-02-2014, 07:32 PM
There is enough stuff in the free area to read. Using the thank you button shows that they read things.

Joining for a year gets even more access.

They can even get involved in some of the conversations.

I have to agree with Jimmy... Everyone has something to talk about... I know I can sure start a topic on just about everything... And the guy requesting info on Medellin, said he went to Barranquilla and found a good take out place... Least he could have mentioned name, location, price, etc... Or something else he experienced there... Give and take and he didn't give anything and probably would have been good, needed, interesting things we all could have used... Im sure putting up some info and he would have got more then he wished for in return...

Apos
06-02-2014, 07:56 PM
He could have but didn't.

We could have guided him a little before cutting him off cold....but didn't.

It appears that we did not make any effort to communicate and educate.

"Teach a man to fish" and all that.

Now we do not have him as a potentially good contributing member.

I'm definitely not saying anyone needs to hold his hand, give him 1000 chances and do everything for him, but it looks like we did not make any effort at all.

I believe that there are many here that needed a little assistance at the beginning and are now active members.

Did this guy ever have that chance?

I have to agree with Jimmy... Everyone has something to talk about... I know I can sure start a topic on just about everything... And the guy requesting info on Medellin, said he went to Barranquilla and found a good take out place... Least he could have mentioned name, location, price, etc... Or something else he experienced there... Give and take and he didn't give anything and [it] probably would have been good, needed, interesting things we all could have used... Im sure putting up some info and he would have got more then he wished for in return...

At the end of the day it really is not that important to me, just a basic interest, but if I had a vested or financial interest in this (and I don't) I'd be insisting that we take a little time with new members and let them know what it takes to be a member in good standing and not just boot them out without making some effort. (This may be a case of my work overlapping my private life, who knows LOL)

Perhaps I'm misunderstanding the process... :confused: (Wouldn't be the first time :wink::lol:)

Seņor JDR of Medellin
06-02-2014, 08:21 PM

I'm definitely not saying anyone needs to hold his hand, give him 1000 chances and do everything for him, but it looks like we did not make any effort at all.

I believe that there are many here that needed a little assistance at the beginning and are now active members.

)

I will tell them all to PM you so you can educate and teach them all.

A chance? The guy been here 6 months and just asks questions.

BrooklynBeas
06-02-2014, 09:15 PM

At the end of the day it really is not that important to me, just a basic interest, but if I had a vested or financial interest in this (and I don't) I'd be insisting that we take a little time with new members and let them know what it takes to be a member in good standing and not just boot them out without making some effort. (This may be a case of my work overlapping my private life, who knows LOL)

Perhaps I'm misunderstanding the process... :confused: (Wouldn't be the first time :wink::lol:)

I dont remember this one in particular, bt I hear where ya coming from... We could have said it's in the reports, or why don't you tell us about Barranquilla and we will trade info... True, though a lot do get chased away... It would benefit if he did have quality info thought, but we will never know... And, if he never bought access to TR, the boss will be losing some money... Good thing he does have another "job"... Maybe we should be a little more "tactful" aka Kevy... lol

But 6 months, no info, just questions... It's eventually time to figure it out...

Seņor JDR of Medellin
06-02-2014, 09:19 PM
I dont remember this one in particular, bt I hear where ya coming from... We could have said it's in the reports, or why don't you tell us about Barranquilla and we will trade info... True, though a lot do get chased away... It would benefit if he did have quality info thought, but we will never know... And, if he never bought access to TR, the boss will be losing some money... Good thing he does have another "job"... Maybe we should be a little more "tactful" aka Kevy... lol

But 6 months, no info, just questions... It's eventually time to figure it out...

How but that lurker buddy you had in Meddy. A complete waste.

BrooklynBeas
06-02-2014, 09:33 PM
How but that lurker buddy you had in Meddy. A complete waste.

Not trying to stick up for anyone, but part of it is to pay for TR access... It pays for the board to stay online, which some extra for the guy that started it all and made it happen (that's you!)... Most of us active guys have helped, or have been helped others at one time or another... Not everyone knows all about everything... Sharing and caring helps us all, even the vets... Some of the newbie lurkers, from what i've heard out of their mouths, is they feel they have nothing new to share... I tell them all we like to read reports/see pictures from everyone.. a lot of the times, when they do post a report, they turn out very useful and entertaining.. And last but very not least, being active has helped me meet many great friends from around the country...

Seņor JDR of Medellin
06-03-2014, 09:54 AM
Not trying to stick up for anyone, but part of it is to pay for TR access...

Many are great with support but there are a few that won't give anything. Then there are those that don't know how, but once they do, they give support very fast.

continentalmike
06-04-2014, 09:56 AM
Just a note from the grammar nazi:

It should be 'pass muster' or 'make the cut'

No soup for you, Jimmy :)

And to think that it ain't even my native language....