PDA

View Full Version : 06/2014 - The Countdown Begins - (The end of SOSUA!!Part II)

Mr. Smooth
06-18-2014, 12:14 AM
Part I

http://news.insearchofchicas.org/forum/showthread.php?429204-06-2014-The-Countdown-Begins-%28The-end-of-SOSUA!!%29

Wow!!!

So after 12 pages and nearly 250 postings about another "Sosua is dead" thread, if I got this down right, I have learned of four things.

1. D'Latins is closed. RIP...never should have opened. That Hess house should have become a museum as a legacy to the man's life. If anything, a statue should have been erected in front of it.

2. Rumba's remains open, and there is now a dress code for the ladies. Hopefully, a dress code will be instituted for the guys as well. No more wife beaters if you have more back hair than a fucking swamp rat. Cover that shit up!!

3. Classicos is now open once again. Which means that Merengue (or whatever the new name is...) will spring to life as well and offer up a roomier, downstairs alternative for customers and chicas alike, if Classicos ain't your style.

4. Hanzo can still fuck hot chicas that the rest of us can't. Say Hanzo.....exactly what kind of fucking cheese you put in these sandwiches of yours anyway??

Does that about cover it? Cool.

Now.....who wants to lead the charge with me into that flesh pot town of Montellano in September? Come on guys....an ISOC invasion! Drdreamer.....you in? :rofl:

Señor JDR of Medellin
06-18-2014, 09:42 AM
Part I

http://news.insearchofchicas.org/forum/showthread.php?429204-06-2014-The-Countdown-Begins-%28The-end-of-SOSUA!!%29

Wow!!!

So after 12 pages and nearly 250 postings about another "Sosua is dead" thread, if I got this down right, I have learned of four things.

1. D'Latins is closed. RIP...never should have opened. That Hess house should have become a museum as a legacy to the man's life. If anything, a statue should have been erected in front of it.

2. Rumba's remains open, and there is now a dress code for the ladies. Hopefully, a dress code will be instituted for the guys as well. No more wife beaters if you have more back hair than a fucking swamp rat. Cover that shit up!!

3. Classicos is now open once again. Which means that Merengue (or whatever the new name is...) will spring to life as well and offer up a roomier, downstairs alternative for customers and chicas alike, if Classicos ain't your style.

4. Hanzo can still fuck hot chicas that the rest of us can't. Say Hanzo.....exactly what kind of fucking cheese you put in these sandwiches of yours anyway??

Now.....who wants to lead the charge with me into that flesh pot town of Montellano in September? Come on guys....an ISOC invasion! Drdreamer.....you in? :rofl:

Part I facts besides the top 4 points:

240 posts

232 members read it

Lets continue:cheesygrin:

Señor JDR of Medellin
06-18-2014, 10:03 AM
Part I

Wow!!!

:rofl:

Yes, maybe, not sure:confused::confused::confused::confused:

Señor JDR of Medellin
06-18-2014, 10:03 AM
Part I

Its a 20 minute taxi ride. Go with two wingmen and keep all the numbers to yourself.

eldorob
06-18-2014, 12:16 PM
Part I

There you go, maybe Montellano will pick up the slack when Sosua shuts down. They lost the sugarcane factory. You could be the first in, open a little bar?

Pedro clisante was dead at 9pm and 3am last nite. Maybe 150 people total. Don't know what it did in between those hours.
The end is near.

I can also tell you that at the street dance on Saturday nite, the locals outnumbered the mongers on PC. Good band.
I don't know, it was odd....it almost seemed like a Victory dance.

eldorob
06-18-2014, 12:30 PM
That flyer, was it distributed by the powers that be who want to change Sosua from a single guy destination to a family spot?:confused:
P.S Recognize the table cloth, that pic was taken at the New Garden Hotel.

I don't get your question. Isn't the answer obvious? Or are you meaning something else?

But yes, it was taken at the New Garden. I had Eggs, hash browns, sausage and a couple of hotcakes.

MrHappy
06-18-2014, 12:38 PM
JDR, you moving posts around again?

JD426
06-18-2014, 12:41 PM
So, the Beach is still there, Rumba is still open, Classicos has RE OPENED, and you can still get laid and eat Breakfast in the morning..

Dont sound too bad to me.. lot better than what im doing right now .

No Worries
06-18-2014, 12:49 PM
Whats the dress code for women in Rumbas?

steviewonder
06-18-2014, 12:56 PM
There you go, maybe Montellano will pick up the slack when Sosua shuts down. They lost the sugarcane factory. You could be the first in, open a little bar?

Pedro clisante was dead at 9pm and 3am last nite. Maybe 150 people total. Don't know what it did in between those hours.
The end is near.

I can also tell you that at the street dance on Saturday nite, the locals outnumbered the mongers on PC. Good band.

No more came out after 9PM. It has nothing to do with all the talk about closure, simply this is the slowest I've seen the N. C. in years:eek:
Also, Cabarete last Saturday night couldn't have had 50 visitors on the beach in the entire night:eek::eek:

Señor JDR of Medellin
06-18-2014, 01:11 PM
JDR, you moving posts around again?

No, this is Part II.

easier to follow

The Sage
06-18-2014, 01:36 PM
Sousa picks up quite a bit starting Wednesday nights and goes really strong through Saturday night. The inconvenient truth is that the WWs have become the lifeblood for many a business in that town.

No more came out after 9PM. It has nothing to do with all the talk about closure, simply this is the slowest I've seen the N. C. in years:eek:
Also, Cabarete last Saturday night couldn't have had 50 visitors on the beach in the entire night:eek::eek:

Señor JDR of Medellin
06-18-2014, 01:39 PM
Sousa picks up quite a bit starting Wednesday nights and goes really strong through Saturday night. The inconvenient truth is that the WWs have become the lifeblood for many a business in that town.

You been going there 12 years now. We both know its just crazy to open a business there but still, many try and most fail.

The Sage
06-18-2014, 01:46 PM
And I lived there on and off for two years. Boredom makes you do strange shit. You can only do so much fucking.

You been going there 12 years now. We both know its just crazy to open a business there but still, many try and most fail.

Señor JDR of Medellin
06-18-2014, 01:48 PM
And I lived there on and off for two years. Boredom makes you do strange shit. You can only do so much fucking.

That is why I enjoy City Life in Meddy. Plenty of area to walk in, with plenty to do, such as movies, bars and restaurants.

I will never be that bored where I need to sink $20,000 into a business and have to work 7 days a week.

JD426
06-18-2014, 01:53 PM
That is why I enjoy City Life in Meddy. Plenty of area to walk in, with plenty to do, such as movies, bars and restaurants.

I will never be that bored where I need to sink $20,000 into a business and have to work 7 days a week.

If you really want to kill yoursef,, open a business in Sosua, marry a Dominican girl, and have a couple babies with her, go all in and pretend thats what you wanted all your life, to live like a Dominican..

you will lose your effing mind, from what i can see... first i thought it made these guys happy ( so more power to them)

..but then i saw it taking its toll . its not pretty..

The Sage
06-18-2014, 02:05 PM
The shocking thing is most of the guys that are doing this are +40 years old and the girls are 20-30 years their junior. It's good to have someone in your corner if you're living there, but it's best to manage them on the cheap. You can buy devotion for $300 a month. No need to marry her. As a female lawyer told a friend of mine, who was taken to court by an ex-girlfriend, never raise one of these women above the station that you found her since almost all the time it just makes them greedy for more of what you have.

If you really want to kill yoursef,, open a business in Sosua, marry a Dominican girl, and have a couple babies with her, go all in and pretend thats what you wanted all your life, to live like a Dominican..

you will lose your effing mind, from what i can see... first i thought it made these guys happy ( so more power to them)

Hunter
06-18-2014, 02:10 PM

Is that Burrito shop still opoen in Sosua?? It was there a couple years ago when I went. That guy brought down his gringa wife and kid from Canada....I just shook my head ---damn......sold everything he had in Canada I think....Don't think he was a monger either....

Ram
06-18-2014, 02:12 PM

This too will pass in a short time.

JD426
06-18-2014, 02:20 PM
The shocking thing is most of the guys that are doing this are +40 years old and the girls are 20-30 years their junior. It's good to have someone in your corner if you're living there, but it's best to manage them on the cheap. You can buy devotion for $300 a month. No need to marry her. As a female lawyer told a friend of mine, who was taken to court by an ex-girlfriend, never raise one of these women above the station that you found her since almost all the time it just makes them greedy for more of what you have.

They are NATURAL BORN SURVIVORS.... they see what WE got (or think they know) , and they want a slice , a BIG slice
...we cant really blame them , it comes naturally to them.
Almost instinctively.

.. but if one does not KNOW this
that this is how they operate and somehow thinks they will be CONTENT to live the same way as before we met them ?

or even worse that they will "APPRECIATE" all the NEW Luxuries their Gringo provides them...
then that is a BIG miscalculation...
And eventually will escalate into a Big Problem..

You can buy thes chicas a House, a car, furniture, Food paid for, electricity, water everything their little hearts desire....
6 months later she will be MISERABLE. and want MORE.
and it will never end.. until it ends badly...

It will Never end with her saying
" thank you for everything you have done for me, to make my life better, you gave me so much and i will never forget it''

those words will never cross a Dominicanas Lips..

just my .02

Señor JDR of Medellin
06-18-2014, 02:31 PM
You can buy devotion for $300 a month. No need to marry her.

Don't you mean rent?

The Sage
06-18-2014, 02:36 PM
They do have trouble saying thank you; however, gringos aren't going out if there way to say "thank you baby for throwing your youth away with me". One reason guys give so much is they know that's what she's doing and they're scared to death she might come to her senses one day. The key to dealing with young women be they Dominican or local is to conduct yourself as if. if she left you tomorrow you'd just replace her. That's why you don't marry them or have babies with them because it gives them the leverage to call your bluff.

They are NATURAL BORN SURVIVORS.... they see what WE got (or think they know) , and they want a slice , a BIG slice
...we cant really blame them , it comes naturally to them.
Almost instinctively.

.. but if one does not KNOW this
that this is how they operate and somehow thinks they will be CONTENT to live the same way as before we met them ?

or even worse that they will "APPRECIATE" all the NEW Luxuries their Gringo provides them...
then that is a BIG miscalculation...
And eventually will escalate into a Big Problem..

You can buy thes chicas a House, a car, furniture, Food paid for, electricity, water everything their little hearts desire....
6 months later she will be MISERABLE. and want MORE.
and it will never end.. until it ends badly...

It will Never end with her saying
" thank you for everything you have done for me, to make my life better, you gave me so much and i will never forget it''

those words will never cross a Dominicanas Lips..

just my .02

steviewonder
06-18-2014, 02:43 PM

This has been the key success for me the last 7 yrs living here. I take care of them almost like a Dominican would. She will respect you more as a person, if not then it's NEXT for me :wink: Unfortunately I know way to many gringos here that can't say no, as well as thinking the more you spend on them, the more they will love you:rofl::rofl::rofl:

Shogun Warrior
06-18-2014, 02:44 PM
All***********

Please do not forget it is the normal "Slow Season" anyway! Less mongers are in town on MON TUE & WED. On Thursday shit starts jumping off. Hell even 3 yrs ago in slow season, Classico's will be weak on FRI night!!! I started the thread the Countdown Begins and the MODS added (The End of Sosua). I really do not believe it will be the end. The countdown will be for the completion of;

1. The Women's Jail at the End of Pedro

- Will these fuckers start arresting chicas on the street if they are walking without a man?

- Will it be a mandatory 48HR Lock-Up

2. The completion of the New Cruise Ship Sea Port in Puerto Plata

Where will these cruise ship tourist go? You know they will be informed of the high crime!

Will the cruise ship even have day trips past Sosua into Caberete?, (Monkey Jungle, The Waterfalls, 4X4 Motorcycles the Go Cart Park) - Puerto Plata (Brugal Factory, Jewelry Factory, Haitian Town, Catholic Church, The Fort on the Malecon, The Religious Statue on the Mountain)

3. Playa Dorado gives the cruise ship tourist the items they want all on a safe and secure compound!!

- The cool move is to do combined cruise with overnights at hotels on the Playa Dorado or Lifestyles Compounds. Then they do not have to haul ass back to the ship just to eat!

All that Sosua has is Ho's and a Beach. What the fuck is so attractive about the East end of Pedro that the Minister of Tourism and the local expats think that folks will want to get off a ship, travel 20Ks to come see and risk missing manifest/boarding call? What the fuck is here in Sosua that is not in Puerto Plata and all the places in between to include beaches and a golf course on Playa Dorado?

Shogun Warrior
06-18-2014, 02:52 PM
They do have trouble saying thank you; however, gringos aren't going out if there way to say "thank you baby for throwing your youth away with me". One reason guys give so much is they know that's what she's doing and they're scared to death she might come to her senses one day. The key to dealing with young women be they Dominican or local is to conduct yourself as if. if she left you tomorrow you'd just replace her. That's why you don't marry them or have babies with them because it gives them the leverage to call your bluff.

Wholly Grail!!!!a

a.k.a. Fuck Dat Bitch!!!

I treated Tyra Banks pretty good. She got mad at me and did not want to see me anymore. Oh well! Last trip she made sure I saw her. She had gained at least 20lbs. We acknowledged each other and that was about it. It blows my mind how some chicas try to front like they have some magical power over you and all they do is sell pussy & drink beer. Then 99% of the time when you return -----they have gotten fat but still think they are the shit. I giggled and went and found me some new big titties then I called it a nite.!

Señor JDR of Medellin
06-18-2014, 03:01 PM
All***********

3. Playa Dorado gives the cruise ship tourist the items they want all on a safe and secure compound!!

-

You are paying good money for a cruise with meals so why would you stay in Playa Dorado? I also thought ships move on at night to the next place?

steviewonder
06-18-2014, 03:11 PM
This story was posted today. It is the funniest article written to date by SN, other then D'Latin is closed.

http://www.sosuanews.com/index.php

Mr. Smooth
06-18-2014, 03:35 PM
You are paying good money for a cruise with meals so why would you stay in Playa Dorado? I also thought ships move on at night to the next place?

Generally, the passengers of these cruise ships need to be back on board between 5 and 6 pm. Since Sosua is not really awake until that time in the evening anyway, the supposed added revenue from these these ship tourists would be nothing. They will all be safely back on board prior to the ship setting sail for the next port by about 7 pm.

Besides, when they do start disembarking in PP, all the vendors who will have had to pay a pretty peso to secure a license to operate their venues near the port area, will gobble up what revenues those tourists do spend. In addition, I'm sure that a few of the major players in the PP vicinity will have some sweetheart deals with the cruise ship company to steer their customers their way (such as travel desks with specific brochures or discount day trips, etc)

Isn't Long Beach, Ca. a port for cruise ships that begin and end their cruises to Mexico? Somehow, I don't think any bar or restaurant in South Central benefits from those passengers. I seriously doubt if the bars and restaurants of Sosua will be overflowing with blue hairs off the boat. They'll be too busy in PP buying Domincan themed coffee mugs and hats made in China.

Maretti
06-18-2014, 03:43 PM
Yes, and that doesn't apply only to putas, it goes for "regulars" too.
Also, they love to be perceived as rich, of course, the "perception bill" will be handed to you.

Shogun Warrior
06-18-2014, 03:52 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-kaLDy0LOxc&feature=player_detailpage

If the ship docks for two or 3 days. A golf package a Playa Dorado is right on time. Hell, I went to Malaysia out of Korea for 4 Days of unlimited golf on 27 holes with a hotel room with BRKFST and Dinner included as part of the package

http://exp.cdn-hotels.com/hotels/1000000/530000/523800/523743/523743_103_z.jpghttp://exp.cdn-hotels.com/hotels/1000000/530000/523800/523743/523743_91_z.jpghttp://exp.cdn-hotels.com/hotels/1000000/530000/523800/523743/523743_95_z.jpghttp://exp.cdn-hotels.com/hotels/1000000/530000/523800/523743/523743_104_z.jpghttp://exp.cdn-hotels.com/hotels/1000000/530000/523800/523743/523743_97_z.jpghttp://exp.cdn-hotels.com/hotels/1000000/530000/523800/523743/523743_90_z.jpghttp://exp.cdn-hotels.com/hotels/1000000/530000/523800/523743/523743_83_z.jpghttp://exp.cdn-hotels.com/hotels/1000000/530000/523800/523743/523743_96_z.jpghttp://exp.cdn-hotels.com/hotels/1000000/530000/523800/523743/523743_100_z.jpg

Señor JDR of Medellin
06-18-2014, 03:53 PM
If the ship docks for two or 3 days. A golf package a Playa Dorado is right on time. Hell, I went to Malaysia out of Korea for 4 Days of unlimited golf on 27 holes with a hotel room with BRKFST and Dinner included as part of the package

Most Carribean cruises don't stay three days.

deezl
06-18-2014, 05:13 PM
Most Carribean cruises don't stay three days.

I don't think any of them do. Normally they'll hit port in the morning and everyone's back on the ship before dinner and the ship leaves for it's next port. Passengers might have 7-8 hrs on the ground.

Chief Papi Lindo
06-18-2014, 05:16 PM
http://cruiseweb.com/CARNIVAL-CARIBBEAN-SHIP12.HTM

j_d66
06-18-2014, 05:20 PM
That's the attraction of cruises.
To see several different places so rarely do they stay in one place for more than a day.
Besides the most fun times on a cruise are the days you are at sea there are many activities that day.

Hanzo
06-18-2014, 05:20 PM
Part I

Wow!!!

The love, warmth, and affection that their absentee dads never gave them.

Shogun Warrior
06-18-2014, 05:28 PM
Good post!!!!!!

Then I ask again what the hell is the Minister of Tourism so fucking adamant about. Cruise ships de-board at 9-10 AM and then re-boarding operations and then depart by 6-7PM? They will not get past Playa Dorado!!!!. Field of Dreams and Chrystal might need to get a little concerned:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

JD426
06-18-2014, 05:40 PM
I would think Blackbeards should be MOST concerned...
What is it a mile and a half from Ocean World ??

Al Nyc
06-18-2014, 05:45 PM
I don't get your question. Isn't the answer obvious? Or are you meaning something else?

But yes, it was taken at the New Garden. I had Eggs, hash browns, sausage and a couple of hotcakes.

Just a question bro, just want to be sure at what I was looking at was real.

The Sage
06-18-2014, 05:58 PM
I'm thinking that having a low key brothel or two hidden out of sight except for those in the know just might attract a few more cruise passengers. The cruise company probably looks at this as a little added spice to spur sells.

Al Nyc
06-18-2014, 06:02 PM

Unless by accident, I doubt cruise ship tourists would wind up at Blackbeards.LOL, A lot of mongerer who want to go to Blackbeards have a difficult finding the place.:corky:

The Sage
06-18-2014, 06:10 PM
The taxi drivers won't have a problem finding the place.

Unless by accident, I doubt cruise ship tourists would wind up at Blackbeards.LOL, A lot of mongerer who want to go to Blackbeards have a difficult finding the place.:corky:

Al Nyc
06-18-2014, 06:25 PM
The taxi drivers won't have a problem finding the place.

I had one last year who had a little difficulty finding the place, after making a wrong left turn, he had to ask a local for some help. Fortunately, got there just in time for the bikini contest.:biggrin:

Al Nyc
06-18-2014, 06:32 PM

But then again, the powers that be, the decision makers who were responsible in closing down Passions, CMP and others, might think that BlackBeards is a little too close for comfort. Even though their location is somewhat remote.:(

The Sage
06-18-2014, 06:40 PM
Though I'm certain some enterprising politico could bring a hammer down if he/she so chose Black Beards doesn't take a slice of the girl's proceeds so technically they can't be accused of pimping. The girls aren't employees of BB. They're simply allowed on the grounds if they follow certain rules and participate in certain themed events. My guess would be that the girls themselves decided, all things considered, on what a fair price for pussy would be.

But then again, the powers that be, the decision makers who were responsible in closing down Passions, CMP and others, might think that BlackBeards is a little too close for comfort. Even though their location is somewhat remote.:(

Chief Papi Lindo
06-18-2014, 10:18 PM
All***********

Please do not forget it is the normal "Slow Season" anyway! Less mongers are in town on MON TUE & WED. On Thursday shit starts jumping off. Hell even 3 yrs ago in slow season, Classico's will be weak on FRI night!!! I started the thread the Countdown Begins and the MODS added (The End of Sosua). I really do not believe it will be the end. The countdown will be for the completion of;

1. The Women's Jail at the End of Pedro

- Will these fuckers start arresting chicas on the street if they are walking without a man?

- Will it be a mandatory 48HR Lock-Up

2. The completion of the New Cruise Ship Sea Port in Puerto Plata

Where will these cruise ship tourist go? You know they will be informed of the high crime!

Will the cruise ship even have day trips past Sosua into Caberete?, (Monkey Jungle, The Waterfalls, 4X4 Motorcycles the Go Cart Park) - Puerto Plata (Brugal Factory, Jewelry Factory, Haitian Town, Catholic Church, The Fort on the Malecon, The Religious Statue on the Mountain)

- The cool move is to do combined cruise with overnights at hotels on the Playa Dorado or Lifestyles Compounds. Then they do not have to haul ass back to the ship just to eat!

All that Sosua has is Ho's and a Beach. What the fuck is so attractive about the East end of Pedro that the Minister of Tourism and the local expats think that folks will want to get off a ship, travel 20Ks to come see and risk missing manifest/boarding call? What the fuck is here in Sosua that is not in Puerto Plata and all the places in between to include beaches and a golf course on Playa Dorado?

well i think, and my thinking is not orginal, that there must be a group of organized Europeans that have big plans on moving to Sosua and the surrounding area. I say this because there are a lot of complexes in Sosua(not counting Hispanola and Casa LInda) that are VERY expensive and if you rent one, you cant bring bitches in the complex...so my thinking is who are these complexes built for? i had some boys stay in one name Aqua Blue or Green (some shyt like tht) and there were only like 5 other pple living there but the complex had many units vacant...sooo..maybe the Russians? Germans?,,,maybe a sect of Jews from Russia and Germany? IDK...maybe there are plans of them moving to Sosua and building schools, grocery stores, and restaurants..etc....increased tax revenue....more 'cultured white folks' ..no more wife beater...underwear showing....sunglass wearing weekend warriors...and if this was to happen, imagine if you are the local politicians that are in power when/if this was to happen, you can poke out ur chest and say 'i cleaned up Sosua".......maybe my theory is waaay off but somebody tell me, who else is spending all that money for those villas in sosua and they keep building them..

here they go http://sosuasunshineproperties.com/apartments-for-rent/aquablue-c1.html

MrHappy
06-19-2014, 09:35 AM
well i think, and my thinking is not orginal, that there must be a group of organized Europeans that have big plans on moving to Sosua and the surrounding area. I say this because there are a lot of complexes in Sosua(not counting Hispanola and Casa LInda) that are VERY expensive and if you rent one, you cant bring bitches in the complex...so my thinking is who are these complexes built for? i had some boys stay in one name Aqua Blue or Green (some shyt like tht) and there were only like 5 other pple living there but the complex had many units vacant...sooo..maybe the Russians? Germans?,,,maybe a sect of Jews from Russia and Germany? IDK...maybe there are plans of them moving to Sosua and building schools, grocery stores, and restaurants..etc....increased tax revenue....more 'cultured white folks' ..no more wife beater...underwear showing....sunglass wearing weekend warriors...and if this was to happen, imagine if you are the local politicians that are in power when/if this was to happen, you can poke out ur chest and say 'i cleaned up Sosua".......maybe my theory is waaay off but somebody tell me, who else is spending all that money for those villas in sosua and they keep building them..

here they go http://sosuasunshineproperties.com/apartments-for-rent/aquablue-c1.html

It's keeping with the title of the thread.. The end of Sosua as a mongering destination There's lots of money around that is betting on Sosua becoming a great little retirement town someday.

Señor JDR of Medellin
06-19-2014, 09:38 AM
It's keeping with the title of the thread.. The end of Sosua as a mongering destination There's lots of money around that is betting on Sosua becoming a great little retirement town someday.

Looking at the reports going up by others, I would say there may be dozens of places that you can retire to cheaper within the country?

Jarabocoa and Nagra, to mention just two.

balcoach
06-19-2014, 10:17 AM
From retirement standpoint...the one thing that draws people to sosua area is the strong ex-pat community.

Nagua and other towns are great, but they do lack that, and some folks are not prepared or willing to totally be out there on there own.

Señor JDR of Medellin
06-19-2014, 10:30 AM
From retirement standpoint...the one thing that draws people to sosua area is the strong ex-pat community.

Nagua and other towns are great, but they do lack that, and some folks are not prepared or willing to totally be out there on there own.

For those that are, its much cheaper with plenty of fresh fish and if you jump on a GwaGwa, you an get anyplace.

jose1234
06-19-2014, 11:30 AM
Since is all speculation...

I had a guy stay at my hotel last year that told me in confidence that he is checking out the North Coast for some wealthy Arabs. They are considering investing in some areas where they can buy up a bunch of the ocean properties and set up a middle east type village. He did tell me that the prostitution and such craziness that goes on here is not something his investors will like and that he is giving his investors a report that would indicate a thumbs down to the North Coast of the DR. The point is, however, that investors are checking out the area. In example, an extremely wealthy guy bought much of the land east of Cabarete a year ago. He is just sitting on the land. Also,, an extremely wealthy guy bought over 100 acres just west of Cabarete and is just sitting on the land. Both guys are billionaires. Maybe they just want to diversify their investments or maybe something is going on and they are slowly purchasing properties for a future flowering of the area???

However, this is my view:

1) The people that make up the laws and rules are lawyers. They want wealthy tourists to buy properties and invest here so they have more work to do and can make more money. The serious lawyers do not make much money from mongers.

2) Sosua is a national embarrassment. While Dominicans routinely fuck around a lot, they don't do it in the open and prefer to do it under cover... It sounds strange, but visible vices are not liked here.

Señor JDR of Medellin
06-19-2014, 11:39 AM

I had a guy stay at my hotel last year that told me in confidence that he is checking out the North Coast for some wealthy Arabs.

People talk lots of shit.

MrHappy
06-19-2014, 11:50 AM

I had a guy stay at my hotel last year that told me in confidence that he is checking out the North Coast for some wealthy Arabs. They are considering investing in some areas where they can buy up a bunch of the ocean properties and set up a middle east type village. He did tell me that the prostitution and such craziness that goes on here is not something his investors will like and that he is giving his investors a report that would indicate a thumbs down to the North Coast of the DR. The point is, however, that investors are checking out the area. In example, an extremely wealthy guy bought much of the land east of Cabarete a year ago. He is just sitting on the land. Also,, an extremely wealthy guy bought over 100 acres just west of Cabarete and is just sitting on the land. Both guys are billionaires. Maybe they just want to diversify their investments or maybe something is going on and they are slowly purchasing properties for a future flowering of the area???

1) The people that make up the laws and rules are lawyers. They want wealthy tourists to buy properties and invest here so they have more work to do and can make more money. The serious lawyers do not make much money from mongers.

2) Sosua is a national embarrassment. While Dominicans routinely fuck around a lot, they don't do it in the open and prefer to do it under cover... It sounds strange, but visible vices are not liked here.

1. Serious lawyers don't want anything to do with mongers.

2. 100% correct. They like it discreet, and they don't want foreigners making money with their women. I've said that for years.

jose1234
06-19-2014, 11:54 AM
People talk lots of shit.

99% of it is BS around here....they want to create value for themselves... Much of everything is a facade...people want to baffle us with bullshit and the smart guys/professionals do it with a smirk... No one knows and if they know...they ain't talking to us about it...

Ram
06-19-2014, 03:34 PM
Sosua is a national embarrassment. While Dominicans routinely fuck around a lot, they don't do it in the open and prefer to do it under cover... It sounds strange, but visible vices are not liked here.

This!

There was a day when Sosua was full of old farts keeping the fact they were messing with chicas on the down low. I remember in Jamaica, sneaking girls out so the regular guests did not know what I was up to. Just sit in the local breakfast places these days and give a listen...most guys want to scream out loud what they are doing....and how many times.

I know plenty of Dominicans who screw around but they do it in the casas and they do it in the cloak of darkness...with the wink of an eye, nothing more.

Is anyone really surprised at what is happening to Sosua?

Señor JDR of Medellin
06-19-2014, 03:38 PM
This!

There was a day when Sosua was full of old farts keeping the fact they were messing with chicas on the down low. I remember in Jamaica, sneaking girls out so the regular guests did not know what I was up to. Just sit in the local breakfast places these days and give a listen...most guys want to scream out loud what they are doing....and how many times.

I know plenty of Dominicans who screw around but they do it in the casas and they do it in the cloak of darkness...with the wink of an eye, nothing more.

The Internet changed the World.

Mr. Smooth
06-19-2014, 04:29 PM
This!

It's because old farts didn't need or seek out attention for what they were doing. Now, a younger generation is constantly seeking out attention and fame. It's a "look at me mentality", and when that becomes the norm, then any shroud of secrecy is removed. Just look at all the youtube vids on the DR about prostitution as a whole, and Sosua specifically.

Of course, there are exceptions. Cuba Dave being the main "old fart" that comes to mind.

ErikS
06-19-2014, 06:35 PM

I had a guy stay at my hotel last year that told me in confidence that he is checking out the North Coast .......

Wait a minute, he "told you in confidence" and your posting it here????:icontd:

Remind me to never have a conversation with you about anything other than maybe sports or the weather.

jose1234
06-19-2014, 09:19 PM
Wait a minute, he "told you in confidence" and your posting it here????:icontd:

Remind me to never have a conversation with you about anything other than maybe sports or the weather.

If I were told something that broke some confidence I would not say it. I can keep a real secret. It was bullshit... That is the point... A guy coming here and staying at a rinky dink hotel and he is really going to be the influence-r for a whole movement and development a future Arab community in Cabarete? Really? You believe that EricS? I think not... Most nights I saw him drinking like a fish in Cabarete and kiteboarding and surfing during the day. I guess his Muslim god does not see in the Dominican Republic. In any case, if it were true he told me at the end he would say no to the whole idea...so its a mute point over one year later when there has not been one Arab Muslim to be seen around... I was also told by a Dominican Ambassador that the Danilo administration was going to build a nuclear power plant here and power on the island would greatly improve. Not one news story about Nuclear power has been published or talked about since. I am certainly glad I did not invest in Duke Energy after I heard his whisper of the name like he was giving me golden secret knowledge... Oh? Did I blow another vow confidence? I guess I did. But all these guys see me and they just have to tell me these secrets... I must have a certain look of stupid expat that they feel compelled to tell me these things... I must be "the most interesting man" jajajaja...:rofl::rofl::rofl:

ErikS
06-19-2014, 10:14 PM
If I were told something that broke some confidence I would not say it. I can keep a real secret. It was bullshit... That is the point... A guy coming here and staying at a rinky dink hotel and he is really going to be the influence-r for a whole movement and development a future Arab community in Cabarete? Really? You believe that EricS? I think not... Most nights I saw him drinking like a fish in Cabarete and kiteboarding and surfing during the day. I guess his Muslim god does not see in the Dominican Republic. In any case, if it were true he told me at the end he would say no to the whole idea...so its a mute point over one year later when there has not been one Arab Muslim to be seen around... I was also told by a Dominican Ambassador that the Danilo administration was going to build a nuclear power plant here and power on the island would greatly improve. Not one news story about Nuclear power has been published or talked about since. I am certainly glad I did not invest in Duke Energy after I heard his whisper of the name like he was giving me golden secret knowledge... Oh? Did I blow another vow confidence? I guess I did. But all these guys see me and they just have to tell me these secrets... I must have a certain look of stupid expat that they feel compelled to tell me these things... I must be "the most interesting man" jajajaja...:rofl::rofl::rofl:

Hey, I don't want to get in a long drawn out thing with you. It just struck me as odd when YOU said in your post "He told me in confidence....."
I guess we just have a different understanding of what "in confidence" means. No problem.

So great weather today in the northeast. and how about those Mets! (:-)

Señor JDR of Medellin
06-19-2014, 10:21 PM
. It just struck me as odd when YOU said in your post "He told me in confidence....."
I guess we just have a different understanding of what "in confidence" means. No problem.

If a Bullshitter tells you something in confidence, its yours to do with.:bigthumbup:

questner
06-19-2014, 10:57 PM

I will respectfully call it BS, and respectfully disagree with 1) and 2)

Just land costs about $500 per acre. 100 acres x $500 = $50,000 You don't need to be super rich to buy it. And btw no one will just buy land to sit on it. Most land is bought by corporations or limited partnerships for some sort of development.

Wealthy arabs? Gimme a break. They are wealthy because they don't 'invest' in Dom Rep.

However if that guy supplies you with copies of titles and you post them, them I am going to change my opinion and admit that I was wrong.

jose1234
06-19-2014, 11:13 PM
Hey, I don't want to get in a long drawn out thing with you. It just struck me as odd when YOU said in your post "He told me in confidence....."

EricS, you don't know the context of this and what happened. I would not compromise a real "in confidence" thing... But if you are so quick to pull the trigger on this...well what can I do... The weather is great...

theheights718
06-19-2014, 11:58 PM
It's because old farts didn't need or seek out attention for what they were doing. Now, a younger generation is constantly seeking out attention and fame. It's a "look at me mentality", and when that becomes the norm, then any shroud of secrecy is removed. Just look at all the youtube vids on the DR about prostitution as a whole, and Sosua specifically.

Of course, there are exceptions. Cuba Dave being the main "old fart" that comes to mind.

Like I said b4, when I started going only a few years ago, there were 75 videos on youtube about sosua...now there is over 70,000 public videos! Even if only half are about the chicas...thats just way too much. Dudes fronting like they balling out, doing music videos pouring champagne on chicks...or other stupidity...even if, either make it a private video or keep it between your boys since you have to tell someone.

Now with guys getting these girls the lastest phones....I'm seeing chicas posting selfie pics with dudes the morning after while they sleep. Dont be that guy that gets caught by wifey on instagram. I guess the company meeting went well in New Mexico:rolleyes::rofl:

Chief Papi Lindo
06-20-2014, 12:36 AM
I will respectfully call it BS, and respectfully disagree with 1) and 2)

Just land costs about $500 per acre. 100 acres x $500 = $50,000 You don't need to be super rich to buy it. And btw no one will just buy land to sit on it. Most land is bought by corporations or limited partnerships for some sort of development.

Wealthy arabs? Gimme a break. They are wealthy because they don't 'invest' in Dom Rep.

However if that guy supplies you with copies of titles and you post them, them I am going to change my opinion and admit that I was wrong.

i have to disagree bc i know 2 guys who own a lot of land plus condos around Sosua and they are just sitting on the land. One of them rents out approximately 16 properties thru NorthBeach Management alone. I thought he was lying but when i had a problem with one of his properties in Las Teresas, I contacted him and they fixed the problem quickly and gave me a discount...

Señor JDR of Medellin
06-20-2014, 09:04 AM
Now with guys getting these girls the lastest phones....I'm seeing chicas posting selfie pics with dudes the morning after while they sleep. Dont be that guy that gets caught by wifey on instagram. I guess the company meeting went well in New Mexico:rolleyes::rofl:

One of my amigas is on all day long using her cell phone, posting selfie pictures. I don't have to go to create a trip report.

jose1234
06-20-2014, 10:10 AM
One of my amigas is on all day long using her cell phone, posting selfie pictures. I don't have to go to create a trip report.

Wow do the chicas love the selfies and mirrors... :) And they put on the most sexy look for the camera... The only thing is they may have a better phone than yours... jajajaja

JDR
06-20-2014, 12:11 PM
Get a membership so you can see the trip reports, pays for itself!
Everyone should get one

Use google Wallet

Jdrent97@gmail.com

Next 5 non subscribing people can get a year for $40 and those with subscriptions can add 14 months for $40.

Just write "summer fever" in description

questner
06-20-2014, 10:45 PM
i have to disagree bc i know 2 guys who own a lot of land plus condos around Sosua and they are just sitting on the land. One of them rents out approximately 16 properties thru NorthBeach Management alone. I thought he was lying but when i had a problem with one of his properties in Las Teresas, I contacted him and they fixed the problem quickly and gave me a discount...

True. No problem with renting out condos. I have seen recently an agent selling 16 properties in a bulk for around $900K. Some land is premium (beach, agriculture).

Another example, recently Qataris built a big development for $27 mil, but in Copenhagen, Denmark. (http://www.qatar-tribune.com/viewnews.aspx?n=37C4212D-EA16-4CF6-A994-BFCCDA90D9F4&d=20140620) Location, location, location...

Competition for money is high, and return on investment, liquidity and safety of the investment and exit plan all have to be justified (and you know it), that's why I called it BS. Why Sos. is better?

Señor JDR of Medellin
06-21-2014, 08:40 AM
True. No problem with renting out condos. I have seen recently an agent selling 16 properties in a bulk for around $900K. Some land is premium (beach, agriculture).

Another example, recently Qataris built a big development for $27 mil, but in Copenhagen, Denmark. (http://www.qatar-tribune.com/viewnews.aspx?n=37C4212D-EA16-4CF6-A994-BFCCDA90D9F4&d=20140620) Location, location, location...

Competition for money is high, and return on investment, liquidity and safety of the investment and exit plan all have to be justified (and you know it), that's why I called it BS. Why Sos. is better?

People doing deals normally don't tell strangers they just met, whereas Bullshit artists do.

MrHappy
06-21-2014, 08:58 AM
This!

I've been saying this for years.

MrHappy
06-21-2014, 08:59 AM
The Internet changed the World.

I've been saying this too. Especially with this country.

Señor JDR of Medellin
06-21-2014, 09:03 AM
I've been saying this too. Especially with this country.

I would never have gone on to the other countries without it.

jose1234
06-21-2014, 09:19 AM
I was in downtown Sosua early last night and things are changing... E Flow is now called Premium Bar and it had two rows of tables out to the street and I was drinking there. Many of the other restaurants are inching their way into the street with tables and chairs. Even Rumba started putting tables on the sidewalk again. This was the first night they are trying it so I don't know if the government started to ask them to put the tables back inside later in the night or what, but they are trying it? Let's see how it goes, but as businesses gain confidence that the government is not going to change its mind again about tables, they are going to infiltrate the streets more and more with tables and chairs it seems... Its an investment, so I am sure they want to move slowly on this... Overall, the street looked much better with tables and chairs all around.. There were plenty of chicas around too... Now instead of hanging inside the bars, they are out and about walking the sidewalks. Wonder how this mix will work out too, but the eye candy while drinking on the sidewalk was fantastic... Good vibes... :)

Sandcobra
06-21-2014, 09:58 AM
[/YELLOW]
I was in downtown Sosua early last night and things are changing... E Flow is now called Premium Bar and it had two rows of tables out to the street and I was drinking there. Many of the other restaurants are inching their way into the street with tables and chairs. Even Rumba started putting tables on the sidewalk again. This was the first night they are trying it so I don't know if the government started to ask them to put the tables back inside later in the night or what, but they are trying it? Let's see how it goes, but as businesses gain confidence that the government is not going to change its mind again about tables, they are going to infiltrate the streets more and more with tables and chairs it seems... Its an investment, so I am sure they want to move slowly on this... Overall, the street looked much better with tables and chairs all around.. There were plenty of chicas around too... Now instead of hanging inside the bars, they are out and about walking the sidewalks. Wonder how this mix will work out too, but the eye candy while drinking on the sidewalk was fantastic... Good vibes... :)
So much for those windows to shield the view of chicas at work inside the bars lol

Señor JDR of Medellin
06-21-2014, 10:42 AM
.. Overall, the street looked much better with tables and chairs all around.. There were plenty of chicas around too... Now instead of hanging inside the bars, they are out and about walking the sidewalks. Wonder how this mix will work out too, but the eye candy while drinking on the sidewalk was fantastic... Good vibes... :)

looks like they are copying Boca Chica. Two is far better than one.

JD426
06-21-2014, 11:08 AM
looks like they are copying Boca Chica. Two is far better than one.

I heard a Rumor that they are changing the name of Sosua and Town motto to

Boca Grande.... , dale ponte a jugar.

ROVER
06-21-2014, 06:12 PM
From Sosua News

20 June 2014

Vice Mayor withdraws from coalition (http://www.sosuanews.com/index.php?id=3743&article=1)

The vice mayor of Sosúa, Mr. Wilfredo Olivenses (Willy El Chamo), announced to a local TV station that he had withdrawn from the coalition with the PRD.

http://www.sosuanews.com/news_pictures/2014/06/06-20_willy.jpg (http://www.sosuanews.com/news_pictures/2014/06/06-20_willy.jpg) Willy El Chamo

The PRD (Partido Revolucionario Dominicano) is the ruling party in Sosúa.

Willy said in an interview with Edgar Thomas Pelegrín in 'La Voz del Pueblo' program that he feels passed. Thanks to his support and the votes for him, Ilana Neumann was able to win the mayor election in 2010 in Sosúa. Willy said he had now returned to the ranks of his own party 'Partido Social Christian Reformist' (PRSC).

Whether this decision is motivated by the closure of his bar D'Latin in Pedro Clisante, he did not explicitly express in this conversation.

Source: noticiasenn.com

UH OH ! LADY MAYOR.....GAME ON............:guns:

DRJones
06-28-2014, 10:18 AM
I watched the scene last night from 8p to around midnight and the prior night. The street is closed to traffic, and largely empty. Many bars are closed. Rumba had around 100 babes early, and they kept arriving. Few potential customers. A competitive buyers market. I was not grabbed and the dress code is more subdued.

Attractiveness of the women was much better Friday when they come from away to try and get some money and have a better shot *weekends.

There were lots of Politur. Around 9:30 about 15 girls ran away from them, shoes off, lots of room on the empty street to run. I didn't see why the foot race, but it was a spectacle that demonstrated the tension. It looked like a false alarm out of fear. Sad.

Later, I saw police escorting what looked like the best dressed of the women up the hill to the police station, where everyone seemed to know where to go. The cops did not have their hands on the girls, just walked them quietly away from the street scene and took them to the station.

Perhaps they were merely to receive notice to wear less provocative clothing? I didn't wait around. Anyone know what is going on?

Overall, Pedro Clisante was in full swing Thursday and Friday nights with a couple hundred ladies competing for the attention of maybe 75 men, not all of whom intended to spend money. The closed to traffic street creates a large, empty and not very inviting, not to say quite spooky, space where many women, a few guys, and about a dozen politur mix, a little uneasily, because the rules are changing and enforcement is arbitrary.

I was told that the owner of Rumba was arrested by the police. An employee I spoke to was quite upset and didn't know why he was arrested. A bar owner later told me it was for an unlicensed gun.

I hear the cruise ship port opening is delayed to about a year from now and that beach excursions to Sosua are planned. There is lots of renovation at the end of the street near the beach. They are building a police station at the other end, towards where High Caribe once thrived.

Turning the beach end into a family scene and moving the flesh trade to the other end would be logical and may be underway.

They deported the owner of CMP and supposedly are pursuing Passions Peter criminally for flying women to the Turks and Caicos. I wouldn't be surprised to see them reopen with Dominican ownership.

There is a lot happening in Sosua but the tension between the girls and the police is a buzzkill.

ROVER
06-28-2014, 11:37 AM
I was told that the owner of Rumba was arrested by the police. An employee I spoke to was quite upset and didn't know why he was arrested. A bar owner later told me it was for an unlicensed gun.

They deported the owner of CMP and supposedly are pursuing Passions Peter criminally for flying women to the Turks and Caicos. I wouldn't be surprised to see them reopen with Dominican ownership.

There is a lot happening in Sosua but the tension between the girls and the police is a buzzkill.

Thanks for the nice update DRJones. It seems now nobody is untouchable. Clearly there are orders to harass every bar owner on Pedro Clinsante using any and all means available. Kind of like how we went after Al Capone for tax evasion.

Sosua Vice Mayor Willy the most untouchable of all being closed down for having improper premise licensing ????

Somebody whom not long ago his competition was crying foul accusing him of using his political contacts to harass and close them down is now not even able to shield himself from this local government persecution.

The timing of the arrest of Bob Rumba aka Mr. Squeaky Clean is another example that the gloves are off and no one is safe or will be spared in this purge.

As for Passion Peter if this is true the politicians and newspapers will zealously spin this into headlines like "German Devil trafficking our young girls abroad has been captured" with stories of naive young Dominican girls being duped by this German Devil into a life of sex slavery and his fate will be sealed. I never met Peter but wish him allot of luck with this one for they will now prosecute him for international human trafficking and could be facing 20 years inside a Dominican prison.
To be honest I'm surprised he didn't learn his lesson by now and just been laying low.

A successful headline grabbing prosecution of Peter will embolden the the powers to be to go even further for sure.

Now is a time for bar owners to lay low. Very Low. How do they say it ... Discretion is always the better part of Valor.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

JD426
06-28-2014, 11:52 AM
Thanks for the nice update. It seems now nobody is untouchable. Clearly there are orders to harass by any means possible all bar owners on Pedro Clinsante with any means available. Kind of like how we went after Al Capone for tax evasion.

Sosua Vice Mayor Willy the most untouchable of all being closed down for improper licensing. Somebody whom not long ago his competition was crying foul that he was using his political contacts to harass and close them down.

The timing of the arrest of Bob Rumba who is Mr. Squeaky Clean clearly again shows the gloves are off and no one is safe or will be spared in this purge.

As for Passion Peter if this is true the politicians and newspapers will zealously spin this into headlines like "German Devil trafficking our young girls abroad" with stories of naive young Dominican girls being duped by this German Devil into a life of sex slavery and his fate will be sealed. I never met Peter but I wish him allot of luck with this one for they will prosecute him now as a international human trafficker and will be facing 20 years inside a Dominican prison. To be honest I'm surprised he didn't learn his lesson by now and just lay low.
A successful headline grabbing prosecution of Peter will embolden the the powers to be to go even further I'm sure.

Now is a time for the bar owners to lay low. Very Low. How do they say it ... Discretion is the better part of Valor.

Who said Bobby was arrested ? I think he has a Dominican National as the "owner" on the books , no ?..
If Bobby himself is being prosecuted more like "persecuted" then I may never spend another dime in Sosua.. cause that definitely means the gloves are off as you said, and any one of us can and WILL be targets, as Mongers.
Of course they could have arrested the Dominican on some bullshit , as a first step in the process of Closing down Rumba and will probably cite some obscure law that a Bar can not stay open with the "owner" in jail..
To me Rumba is the Canary in the Mine.. They are essentially a sports Bar, with a restaurant next door, and they run a tight ship.. Just because whores walk in there does not make them a whore bar.. They dont salida girls, and no prostitution whatsoever takes place in the premises.. In Sosua, thats as clean as it gets.
Whats next ? HOTELS which allow whores to hang out at their Bars ?

can someone confrm either way, cuz we kind of starting Rumors here with this stuff.

As to Peter.. i Feel bad for him, but he had his chance to GTFO of the country ( you said "lay low" ?, imo leaving the country would have been the only right move)...
So if he now subjects himself to the possibility of 20 years in a Dom Prison..then his ego got the best of him..talk about not seeing the writing on the wall.

eldorob
06-28-2014, 03:01 PM
Later, I saw police escorting what looked like the best dressed of the women up the hill to the police station, where everyone seemed to know where to go. The cops did not have their hands on the girls, just walked them quietly away from the street scene and took them to the station.

Best Dressed getting arrested? Wow, I'm gonna have to be more careful! Maybe keep my nice linen shirts hidden away.

Are you sure these are current events? CMP is old news, and Rhumba was shut down a couple weeks ago but reopened in a couple hours. Did Bobby from Rhumba JUST get arrested within the last 48 hours?

The port was never going to open before 2015. And pretty sure the Sosua Beach excursions are just a rumor.
"Pursuing" Peter sounds like old news as well.

I'm the first to admit that Sosua is morphing into something less "Point-n-Click", but these things sound odd.
Not saying you didn't hear them, just wondering about the accuracy.

ErikS
06-28-2014, 04:45 PM
I watched the scene last night from 8p to around midnight and the prior night. The street is closed to traffic, and largely empty. Many bars are closed. Rumba had around 100 babes early, and they kept arriving. Few potential customers. A competitive buyers market. I was not grabbed and the dress code is more subdued.

Attractiveness of the women was much better Friday when they come from away to try and get some money and have a better shot *weekends.

There were lots of Politur. Around 9:30 about 15 girls ran away from them, shoes off, lots of room on the empty street to run. I didn't see why the foot race, but it was a spectacle that demonstrated the tension. It looked like a false alarm out of fear. Sad.

Perhaps they were merely to receive notice to wear less provocative clothing? I didn't wait around. Anyone know what is going on?

Overall, Pedro Clisante was in full swing Thursday and Friday nights with a couple hundred ladies competing for the attention of maybe 75 men, not all of whom intended to spend money. The closed to traffic street creates a large, empty and not very inviting, not to say quite spooky, space where many women, a few guys, and about a dozen politur mix, a little uneasily, because the rules are changing and enforcement is arbitrary.

I hear the cruise ship port opening is delayed to about a year from now and that beach excursions to Sosua are planned. There is lots of renovation at the end of the street near the beach. They are building a police station at the other end, towards where High Caribe once thrived.

Turning the beach end into a family scene and moving the flesh trade to the other end would be logical and may be underway.

Intersting report. Here's my observations:

I arrived here Wed night (Jun 25th). Had dinner around 7pm at a street-side table at Britannias. I was surprised at how empty the street was. Maybe 20 people total sitting at tables for as far as I could see.
BUT, when I returned around 10pm, the street was crowded. many more folks sitting outside and eating.

Rombas was crowded. Still closed in, and not allowed to have tables out front, but crowded. And DRJones has the male female ratio about right.
While in Rombas, I had a drink with Bobby (the "owner"). He was the same nice guy he always is. No complaining at all. Not sure when the arrest mentioned above was supposed to have happened, but Wed, Bobby never said anything about it.

Around 9pm, I headed down to the other end of town. Stopped at Brasilia Samba and had a drink with Peter. He was sitting at the bar visible to all who went by. So he doesn't appear to be in hiding at the present.

Then went just across the street to Rancho Tipico. Place was packed. About half guys, half chicas. (Saw Wicked Willie across the way, but was so crowded I don't think he saw me!)

Around midnight, went back "downtown". Rombas was almost empty then. But the reopened Classicos (upstairs) was packed. Reminded me of the "old days". 100 pesos to get in - no drink ticket - President Pequenos were 150 pesos.

Headed back out tonight (Saturday night). Lets see what we shall see!

Al Nyc
06-28-2014, 06:46 PM

I arrived here Wed night (Jun 25th). Had dinner around 7pm at a street-side table at Britannias. I was surprised at how empty the street was. Maybe 20 people total sitting at tables for as far as I could see.
BUT, when I returned around 10pm, the street was crowded. many more folks sitting outside and eating.

Rombas was crowded. Still closed in, and not allowed to have tables out front, but crowded. And DRJones has the male female ratio about right.
While in Rombas, I had a drink with Bobby (the "owner"). He was the same nice guy he always is. No complaining at all. Not sure when the arrest mentioned above was supposed to have happened, but Wed, Bobby never said anything about it.

Around 9pm, I headed down to the other end of town. Stopped at Brasilia Samba and had a drink with Peter. He was sitting at the bar visible to all who went by. So he doesn't appear to be in hiding at the present.

Then went just across the street to Rancho Tipico. Place was packed. About half guys, half chicas. (Saw Wicked Willie across the way, but was so crowded I don't think he saw me!)

Around midnight, went back "downtown". Rombas was almost empty then. But the reopened Classicos (upstairs) was packed. Reminded me of the "old days". 100 pesos to get in - no drink ticket - President Pequenos were 150 pesos.

Brasilia Samba? Is it open? Is it located at the former Passion Bar spot?:confused:

jose1234
06-28-2014, 07:42 PM
Brasilia Samba? Is it open? Is it located at the former Passion Bar spot?:confused:

It is located next door to the former passions. It is about a block before Rancho Typico on the same side of the street. Outdoor bar with an secluded indoor part in the back. Its ok. The bar servers are attractive, beer prices reasonable... I have had a few drinks there...it could get more popular down the road but now its only lightly busy with 2 to 7 patrons typically. Every day is different.

questner
06-28-2014, 11:05 PM
It is located next door to the former passions. It is about a block before Rancho Typico on the same side of the street. Outdoor bar with an secluded indoor part in the back. Its ok. The bar servers are attractive, beer prices reasonable... I have had a few drinks there...it could get more popular down the road but now its only lightly busy with 2 to 7 patrons typically. Every day is different.

Is it a former Cuba Libre?

steviewonder
06-29-2014, 01:29 AM

No........

DRJones
06-29-2014, 12:14 PM
Best Dressed getting arrested? Wow, I'm gonna have to be more careful! Maybe keep my nice linen shirts hidden away.

Are you sure these are current events? CMP is old news, and Rhumba was shut down a couple weeks ago but reopened in a couple hours. Did Bobby from Rhumba JUST get arrested within the last 48 hours?

The port was never going to open before 2015. And pretty sure the Sosua Beach excursions are just a rumor.
"Pursuing" Peter sounds like old news as well.

I'm the first to admit that Sosua is morphing into something less "Point-n-Click", but these things sound odd.
Not saying you didn't hear them, just wondering about the accuracy.

As I reported, my two sources, both identified generally, told me Friday night that the owner of Rumba was arrested.

When first announced, the Maimon cruise ship terminal was expected to open in the Fall of 2013.
http://popreport.com/2011/08/cruiseport-puerto-plata/

ErikS
06-29-2014, 01:51 PM
As I reported, my two sources, both identified generally, told me Friday night that the owner of Rumba was arrested.

When ....... a/ (http://popreport.com/2011/08/cruiseport-puerto-plata/)

Sounds accurate. Last night a former waiter at Rombas, who now works across the street at El Flow, (I forget the new name....Premium, or something like that?) and a current security guard at Rombas, both told me that Friday night, police came and took Bobby out of Rombas apparently under arrest.l
Bobby was not there last night (Sat), but the bar was open (and packed!). Bobby's friend (the "Greatful Dead lookin dude"' ), and Freddy seemed to be running things.

Rombas was still packed when I left around midnight.
Went across the street and upstairs to Classicos. (200 pesos to get in on Sat - still no drink tickets - and looks like the chicas have to pay to enter too!)
Classicos was as crowded as it used to be. I mean "you have to turn sideways to squeeze by" crowded!
Ad ImHO, every couple a seconds I saw someone new who made me go "Wow!".
But the problem with that place and crowds is safety. Should there ever be a fire or other emergency, it's a tragedy waiting to happen.

Earlier in the evening , there was supposed to be live music on the closed off PC street. But according to Ray, the owner of the Britannia Bar, the city dropped the ball and failed to schedule a band. So Ray had some friends of his set up at his place. They (4 guys) played decent 70's classic rock for a few hours.
and believe it or not, I DID see several families there!

Citynights
06-29-2014, 02:23 PM

You can take this report to the bank....thank you for the update...hope things are going well for you...:thumbsup2:

ROVER
06-29-2014, 03:19 PM
You can take this report to the bank....thank you for the update...hope things are going well for you...:thumbsup2:

Erick will always confirm anything before he puts it out there or will preface it with a not confirmed yet.

Erick remember the last time I seen you in Rumbas and you got the phone call from an inebriated source that we love and so will remain unnamed saying that Mr. Happy was shot 4 times on the street in Santo Domingo and died.....:scared:

Only to find out an hour later it wasn't Happy but some unknown dude on the news from Santo Domingo. ...:rofl:..:rofl:..:rofl:

Till this day I don't think Happy ever knew how close he came ...........:rofl:....:rofl:....:rofl:.....:rofl:.

Al Nyc
06-29-2014, 04:26 PM

No, the former Cuba Libre Bar is now called The Thirsty Beaver.
Speaking of Cuba Libre Bar, what ever happened to the former owner Fred Jackson?:confused:

Al Nyc
06-29-2014, 04:32 PM
Sounds accurate. Last night a former waiter at Rombas, who now works across the street at El Flow, (I forget the new name....Premium, or something like that?) and a current security guard at Rombas, both told me that Friday night, police came and took Bobby out of Rombas apparently under arrest.l
Bobby was not there last night (Sat), but the bar was open (and packed!). Bobby's friend (the "Greatful Dead lookin dude"' ), and Freddy seemed to be running things.

Rombas was still packed when I left around midnight.
Went across the street and upstairs to Classicos. (200 pesos to get in on Sat - still no drink tickets - and looks like the chicas have to pay to enter too!)
Classicos was as crowded as it used to be. I mean "you have to turn sideways to squeeze by" crowded!
Ad ImHO, every couple a seconds I saw someone new who made me go "Wow!".
But the problem with that place and crowds is safety. Should there ever be a fire or other emergency, it's a tragedy waiting to happen.

Earlier in the evening , there was supposed to be live music on the closed off PC street. But according to Ray, the owner of the Britannia Bar, the city dropped the ball and failed to schedule a band. So Ray had some friends of his set up at his place. They (4 guys) played decent 70's classic rock for a few hours.
and believe it or not, I DID see several families there!

Your right Classico upstairs is a fire hazard, disaster in waiting. I mostly would hang downstair at the Merengue Bar and chica watch.:biggrin:

ErikS
06-29-2014, 07:58 PM
?.....

Erick remember the last time I seen you in Rumbas and you got the phone call from an inebriated source that we love and so will remain unnamed saying that Mr. Happy was shot 4 times on the street in Santo Domingo and died.....:scared:

Only to find out an hour later it wasn't Happy but some unknown dude on the news from Santo Domingo. ...:rofl:..:rofl:..:rofl:

Till this day I don't think Happy ever knew how close he came ...........:rofl:....:rofl:....:rofl:.....:rofl:.

LOL, yes I do. And while I realize that some names have been changed to protect the innocent/guilty, that phone call just did not pass the sniff test. :icontd: Good guy though,....and always a lot of fun.

JDR
06-30-2014, 08:49 AM
It is so far from the end, its not even funny. They are so hungry for the phones that get them online 24 hours a day they all will be out there trying to make money.

My night chica wants a flat screen television and one of those phones.

Walk around any barrio and they will all have that look in their eyes.

wreckless
07-01-2014, 06:40 AM
No, the former Cuba Libre Bar is now called The Thirsty Beaver.
Speaking of Cuba Libre Bar, what ever happened to the former owner Fred Jackson?:confused:

Freaky Freddy currently resides in Angeles city but does fly back to the US and Sousa every few months.
I am happy to report that he is loving it over there. Its a cheap place to live, has plenty of girls and is drama free.

It seems that a lot of guys who use to live in the DR have now have moved over there.

Al Nyc
07-01-2014, 05:30 PM
Freaky Freddy currently resides in Angeles city but does fly back to the US and Sousa every few months.
I am happy to report that he is loving it over there. Its a cheap place to live, has plenty of girls and is drama free.

It seems that a lot of guys who use to live in the DR have now have moved over there.

Someone did mention that Fred had move to the Philippines but I couldn't believe that cause he loved Sosua.
Guess he must have foreseen what was going to happen in Sosua and decided to leave. Wow Angeles City! That must say something for him and others to leave Sosua for Angeles City.:rolleyes:

questner
07-02-2014, 10:20 PM
http://listindiario.com.do/la-republica/2014/7/2/328301/Deportan-estadounidense-acusado-de-proxenetismo-en-RD

PROSTITUCIÓN
Autoridades deportan estadounidense acusado de proxenetismo en RD
ROBERT ANECHIARICO FUNGÍA COMO PROPIETARIO DEL BURDEL “RUMBA BAR”, LOCALIZADO EN EL MUNICIPIO DE SOSUA

Santo Domingo
Autoridades del Ministerio Público y de la Dirección General de Migración informaron hoy que fue deportado el ciudadano estadounidense, Robert Anechiarico, acusado de dedicarse al proxenetismo y promover el turismo sexual hacia República Dominicana.
Anechiarico, quien fungía como propietario-administrador del burdel “Rumba Bar”, localizado en el municipio de Sosua, provincia Puerto Plata, fue deportado por el Aeropuerto Internacional de las Américas, explica una nota de prensa.
El procurador general de la República, Francisco Domínguez Brito, le solicitó al Director General de Migración, José Ricardo Taveras, disponer la deportación del señor Anechiarico, quien se encontraba de manera irregular en el territorio dominicano.
“Desde el Ministerio Público hemos instruido a la Procuraduría Especializada contra el Tráfico Ilícito de Migrantes y Trata de Personas, a que apresen a los extranjeros que se dedican a promover al país como un destino turístico sexual, los cuales serán deportados”, manifestó Domínguez Brito según el document.

El Chivo
07-03-2014, 02:54 AM
So much for the Canary in the Coal Mine :(

j_d66
07-03-2014, 05:12 AM

yes it is open but very little business.
They have 3-6 fairly good looking bartenders there each night but almost no customer base.

JD426
07-03-2014, 11:02 AM
yes it is open but very little business.
They have 3-6 fairly good looking bartenders there each night but almost no customer base.

And I say this without any Malice whatsoever, but ... P***r ... will never make it as a bar owner.. or Restauranteur person, in Sosua..
We all know without the chicas giving Blow jobs and Boom boom, he had nothing.
The sizzle is totally gone..the "Brand" is gone.
Plenty of people who can do a Bar/ restaurant way better than he ever can, no matter how much $ he throws at it..

givengo440
07-03-2014, 04:48 PM
Bobby's friend (the "Greatful Dead lookin dude"' ):rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

Apos
07-03-2014, 08:55 PM
He'll certainly have a rougher road than some would but at least he has the experience of running businesses in the DR and navigating all the hurdles and roadblocks. I think you may be selling his tenacity and survival skills a little short...

I visited his new place a few times on my last trip to Sosua and came away surprised and impressed. The prices for drinks seemed fair and the food was very popular. I didn't eat there even though we had planned to try and fit it in but there were so many other choices it just didn't happen.

There were 6 or 8 chicas working behind the bar, at least some former Passion's chicas, and some nights it was hard to get seats at the bar. There seemed to be a lot of repeat customers. We recognized a few of the guys each time we were there.

Hooking up with a chica from the bar on her off hours was super simple but there was not a salida or even a hint of availability while working....just a lot of flirting as normal and expected. :D

I was surprised that he was trying again as a straight bar/restaurant especially so close to the Passion's location, surprised that it was so large, and it's huge and goes back quite far, and impressed with the setup and the overall vibe. Also Peter was a very good host, sat and chatted with us about his recent issues/jail time and that he was overall so positive that he would prevail.

On that point I think he is wrong and still may end up in deep shit but I can't knock is spirit and grit.

And I say this without any Malice whatsoever, but ... P***r ... will never make it as a bar owner.. or Restauranteur person, in Sosua..
We all know without the chicas giving Blow jobs and Boom boom, he had nothing.
The sizzle is totally gone..the "Brand" is gone.
Plenty of people who can do a Bar/ restaurant way better than he ever can, no matter how much $ he throws at it..

steviewonder
07-03-2014, 09:37 PM
Well it looks like a new day in Sosua once again. Rumba is open tonight, however the management will not allow any chica to enter unless they are escorted by a guy. I spoke with security and they say this is the new rule from the tourism authorities. As of now, this new rule has only been applied to Rumba as far as I can see. Will have to wait later if this effects Classicos and any others. I repeat, Rumba is open, however no chicas to be had if you are entering on your own.

Update: Bar Central also has posted a sign that chicas only allowed in with a guy.

daddyooo
07-03-2014, 10:14 PM
Well it looks like a new day in Sosua once again. Rumba is open tonight, however the management will not allow any chica to enter unless they are escorted by a guy. I spoke with security and they say this is the new rule from the tourism authorities. As of now, this new rule has only been applied to Rumba as far as I can see. Will have to wait later if this effects Classicos and any others. I repeat, Rumba is open, however no chicas to be had if you are entering on your own.

Update: Bar Central also has posted a sign that chicas only allowed in with a guy.

Are they harassing the chicas in the street?

steviewonder
07-03-2014, 10:26 PM
Are they harassing the chicas in the street?

One can see that many of the chicas earlier tonight didn't know as to where they can go and stand. Seen more upset chulos then I have ever seen b4. Not really a lot of police to be seen as many of the chicas are waiting to go into Classicos upstairs. Yes , I have confirmed with my security friend at Classicos because it is a licenced disco, chicas can enter after11 on their own.. Looks like no changes in Sosua if your business
has a licence as a disco. Go figure!

sopranostingray
07-03-2014, 10:30 PM

Girls had to be escorted to enter Dlatin as well....but it wasn't always enforced.

steviewonder
07-03-2014, 10:37 PM
Girls had to be escorted to enter Dlatin as well....but it wasn't always enforced.

I agree, but I can only tell u and anyone else what the head security of Classico's who worked at DLatin b4 confirmed:wink:

JD426
07-03-2014, 11:02 PM
Gotta hand it to them, if they enforce this and keep the Ratio 1-1 on Pedro C.. They will in effect Crush The Puta business in a roundabout way.
And give the appearance that Sosua is all about "couples"..
Man oh man they are so full of shit.. but it is clever.. gotta give em that.

One puta for every monger ? .. that dont sound too good. So who the fuck wants to play these childish games..

So will it be the same up in Classicos as well, one can only assume..
essentially "couples only" in Classicos ?
or worse case, a complete SAUSAGE FEST .. with dudes competing for Putas..

thats just beyond sad.

MyTio
07-03-2014, 11:20 PM
maybe that cunt Mayor will go out for a beer and get locked up I know it wishful thinking

questner
07-03-2014, 11:28 PM

No one cares about freaking signs. This won't fly at all.

Most guys enter bars to meet girls there. If I got the companion, why the fuck would I need those bars?

How much booze and tickets to Clasico's will they sell with this 'policy' ?

Again, Rumba and D'Latin are very recent additions to Sos. and the town will stay the same with or without them.

As for some former establishments, using the euphemisms, some money came in not only from beer or pussy, but from very special pussy, some detergent white pussy and some laundromat washed pussy etc. one need other skills there.

Fuck them, just show up on PC with pants down and backpack keg:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s2Xh4xfg0is

Ram
07-04-2014, 04:52 AM
I wonder what they do about single foreign women just brazenly walking in unescorted?

rahsta
07-04-2014, 09:08 AM
:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

I know exactly who he is talking about.

givengo440
07-04-2014, 09:22 AM
I know exactly who he is talking about. I met him thru El Rey and he was a pretty cool guy who sat and had a drink with us a few days. Bobby was back in the stated then as well. He looked and sounded as if he had a handle on the bar so I think Rumba will be ok in the long run.

JD426
07-04-2014, 10:19 AM
I know exactly who he is talking about.

I named him Jerry Garcia first, .. LOL you can ask him..

he told me when i called him that, "no, noone ever called me that before"
LOL... I said " oh really ?"... and we both laughed..

Hes a good dude, but hes always busy working hard now cant really sit and chat any more..

twodogs
07-04-2014, 11:30 AM
So, you enter a bar with a chica, have a beer or two, do your interview, and you decide to move on,
does she have to accompany you, when you leave? Cant see it. Sounds like we are their tickets to enter.
Maybe the price of pussy, just got cheaper

steviewonder
07-04-2014, 11:43 AM
So, you enter a bar with a chica, have a beer or two, do your interview, and you decide to move on,
does she have to accompany you, when you leave? Cant see it. Sounds like we are their tickets to enter.
Maybe the price of pussy, just got cheaper

This is the sign as you enter Rumba. Given Dominican lack of logic, they may demand she needs to be accompanied the whole time, even after you decide you don't want to get inside her...:rofl::rofl::rofl:

JD426
07-04-2014, 12:11 PM
stupid question. but seems noone mentioned it yet or we just assuming its one to one..

Can a dude walk in with 2 Chicas ?

If they want to play these childinsh games, Mongers should at least come up with a plan of their own ..
NO dude should enter unless he has 2 chicas with him.. one for himself, and one to share ..
PACK the place with a perfect 2-1 ratio.. and see what they do then..
Real question now is can mongers adapt and outsmart their Idiotic game.
They obviously want to close the place by keeping it empty and unprofitable, so what if the opposite were to happen ?.
They would lose their effing minds if Rumba gets even MORE busy. The opportunity IS there, especially since DLatin is closed..
and Classicos is CHARGING..

Seems This is the time to show our loyalty to a place that always treated us well...

JDR
07-04-2014, 12:17 PM
stupid question. but seems noone mentioned it yet or we just assuming its one to one..

Can a dude walk in with 2 Chicas ?

If they want to play these childinsh games, Mongers should at least come up with a plan of their own ..
NO dude should enter unless he has 2 chicas with him.. one for himself, and one to share ..
PACK the place with a perfect 2-1 ratio.. and see what they do then..
Real question now is can mongers adapt and outsmart their Idiotic game.
They obviously want to close the place by keeping it empty and unprofitable, so what if the opposite were to happen ?.
They would lose their effing minds if Rumba gets even MORE busy. The opportunity IS there, especially since DLatin is closed..
and Classicos is CHARGING..

Seems This is the time to show our loyalty to a place that always treated us well...

Can a dude leave Sosua and go elsewhere?

camaro1257
07-04-2014, 01:16 PM
Can a dude leave Sosua and go elsewhere?

Yes, and he can go to Sosua and go elsewhere also...trip report in 2weeks...:wink:

steviewonder
07-04-2014, 02:03 PM
stupid question. but seems noone mentioned it yet or we just assuming its one to one..Can a dude walk in with 2 Chicas ?
If they want to play these childinsh games, Mongers should at least come up with a plan of their own ..NO dude should enter unless he has 2 chicas with him.. one for himself, and one to share .. PACK the place with a perfect 2-1 ratio.. and see what they do then..Real question now is can mongers adapt and outsmart their Idiotic game.They obviously want to close the place by keeping it empty and unprofitable, so what if the opposite were to happen ?.They would lose their effing minds if Rumba gets even MORE busy. The opportunity IS there, especially since DLatin is closed.. and Classicos is CHARGING..Seems This is the time to show our loyalty to a place that always treated us well...

Rumba could change their name to: Happy Hour Sports Bar :cheesygrin:

givengo440
07-04-2014, 02:34 PM
This is the sign as you enter Rumba. Given Dominican lack of logic, they may demand she needs to be accompanied the whole time, even after you decide you don't want to get inside her...:rofl::rofl::rofl:

101972 My plan is to walk in then back out and get another. Of course I will charge a chica a blow job for my arm but hay they don't fuck for free :rolleyes:

PapiQueRico
07-04-2014, 03:37 PM
What about female couples?

JD426
07-04-2014, 03:41 PM
What about female couples?

Bobby should fuck with them all, and change the name of the place to
" Bar D'Lesbiana "... or some such..
just to watch the mayors head explode..

questner
07-04-2014, 09:59 PM
Bobby should fuck with them all, and change the name of the place to
" Bar D'Lesbiana "... or some such..
just to watch the mayors head explode..

and stitch a yellow star of David on every skirt. I'm pushing it because it is illegal even by Dominican standards, private clubs can deny entry, but not public ones. Imagine being denied entry to Dunkin Donuts or such...Where are the corrupt lawyers and a fiscal? Isn't it a good cause to extort money from bar owners?

j_d66
07-05-2014, 12:20 PM
http://news.insearchofchicas.org/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=101972&d=1404488113

This sign and enforcement did not begin until the 3rd as it was not there and was not happening on the 2nd.

I was there from the the 26-2nd and my overall impression was there were still plenty of chicas around.
What was missing was the men.

Maybe it was the timing of the 4th but it was alot slower than normal for this time of year.

The ratio of chicas to hombres was easily 10 or 20 to 1

There was certainly a different vibe on the strip this time.
With D'Latin closed it was much darker on the street.

Chicas would mill around Classicos before entering and it was busy at Rumba the time I was there and there were some chicas and men hanging at Bar Central but that's about it.

Premium was almost all local crowd.

City Lights was open the entire time but had almost no business except for one night they had some kind of live act performing in the back but there was a sliding door they had pulled so you could not see what was going on. On that night there were lots of chicas hanging out on the sidewalk there.

The only place that was consistently busy every night was Rancho Tipico

These chicas still need to eat, pay rent, go to the salon, buy the ropa etc so the opportunities are a plenty and the BS going on should not be a deterrent.

I have often said "if you can't have fun someplace it's probably your own damn fault"

ROVER
07-08-2014, 06:45 PM
Sosua News now also confirming "Bobby Rumba" has been deported.

Bob (Rumba Bar) arrested and deported (http://www.sosuanews.com/index.php?id=3761&article=1)

Authorities of the General Office of Migration (Direccion General de Migracion - DGM) announced on July 3rd that the U.S. citizen Robert Anechiarico (better known as Bob) had to leave the country on charges of promoting sex tourism in the Dominican Republic.

http://www.sosuanews.com/news_pictures/2014/07/07-08_rumba.jpg (http://www.sosuanews.com/news_pictures/2014/07/07-08_rumba.jpg) Rumba Bar knew better days

According to the Attorney General of DGM is Bob, the manager of the Rumba Bar in Sosúa, through Las Americas Airport in Santo Domingo was deported.

Bob is in Sosúa known as a person with a great social conscience. He has helped many charitable institutions in Sosúa with large sums of money. Examples are: donation for the Christmas celebration for the children of Maranatha, donation for the sports field in Maranatha and large donations for disabled children of the Mustard Seed Foundation in Cangrejos.

Many residents and tourists of Sosúa regret that Bob had to leave the country like this.

steviewonder
07-08-2014, 06:53 PM
SN should just concentrate on promoting their advertisers who are showing The 2014 World Cup:wink:

Seville
07-08-2014, 07:17 PM
Word is that they are now allowing appropriately dressed single chicas into Rumba. If you look like a puta you can't come in. Subject to change without notice.:smile:

sopranostingray
07-08-2014, 07:23 PM
Word is that they are now allowing appropriately dressed single chicas into Rumba. If you look like a puta you can't come in. Subject to change without notice.:smile:

This accurate......the sign is down!!!!

givengo440
07-08-2014, 07:32 PM
This is crazy!

Chief Papi Lindo
07-08-2014, 07:42 PM

so whats next? no gringos with wife beaters ...hats turned backwards?

steviewonder
07-08-2014, 08:10 PM
so whats next? no gringos with wife beaters ...hats turned backwards?

Crazy as it sounds, yes! Sunday night while sitting in front of Premium( El Flow) the security refused entry to at least 6 Dominicans because of what the guys where wearing. Along with telling one of the ladies her shorts was not allowed. They argued with the management outside for 20 minutes, then the manager pointed at the police and told one of the men to go and talk to them. I asked the manager after they left what was the issue. He said the clothing they wore was not appropriate for the disco:eek: I didn't see what the issue was with what they were wearing, except one guy would have had to pull his pants up:rofl:

JD426
07-08-2014, 08:28 PM
Never ever ever thought I would see the day that SOSUA, Pedro C no less, would have a DRESS CODE to get into a BAR,which is even More strict than than like Clubs in NYC....
If someone told me that a couple years ago, I would have said to him "put down that glass pipe son, and STOP SMOKING that CRACK".

But here we are..

They fucking with us .. no doubt about it any more.
The freaking gloves are off this time.

steviewonder
07-08-2014, 08:40 PM
Never ever ever thought I would see the day that SOSUA, Pedro C no less, would have a DRESS CODE to get into a BAR,which is even More strict than than like Clubs in NYC....If someone told me that a couple years ago, I would have said to him "put down that glass pipe son, and STOP SMOKING that CRACK".
But here we are..
They fucking with us .. no doubt about it any more.
The freaking gloves are off this time.

But remember we're talking about the DR where everything they do, or have is for today only. Tomorrow is not a concern.:wink:

questner
07-08-2014, 11:37 PM
Here is a come back for ballers in white suits :rofl: Should I start packing my French cuffed shirts?

On a serious note, why Dominicans tolerate this circus? Will they designate as a next step separate entrances for gringos, gays, or say Haitians? Basically they harass their own most vulnerable. Just a shame. :icontd:

beyondthewall
07-09-2014, 01:56 AM
I was in Sosua at the end of June, got into Rumba and Classico in shorts and a polo and I didnt see anyone get refused entry or maybe I just wasnt paying attention? Also the friends I were with really hyped Classico. They talked about how amazing it was back in the day. But when we got there they admitted the quality isnt the same anymore.

questner
07-09-2014, 03:15 AM

Smoking gun! To melt the things down, I've found those 'Arabs':

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Az-TV_rX9d0

Gutter Meat
07-09-2014, 03:15 AM
I think I will start hitting some of the back roads of Sosua and explore the small bars that haven't been effected by this current crackdown.

JD426
07-09-2014, 10:09 AM
I think I will start hitting some of the back roads of Sosua and explore the small bars that haven't been effected by this current crackdown.

In the same vein of thought.. I was wondering how "Safe" these Families will FEEL , IF and when Mongers completely disappear from Pedro C..
If they were to say to BOYCOTT the strip for a while. or are more likely a scenario stopped from soliciting Putas ( the thought of which was deemed nuts not long ago, but may now become reality)

It will be them (the pale pasty face gringo families) , desperate Chulos, and the pick pockets, oh and the CHENGE guy next to the old El Flow who shortchanges everyone by 500 pesos & a relatively empty street Sin Putas.

so... Do they really think they can FILL the street from Rosen to the Casino with people DINING and having quality Family time ??

ezsmile
07-09-2014, 02:10 PM
Unless someone is a WW, who is ONLY going to party it up and look for chicks at Rumbas and Classicos, what is the problem?

There are lots of places to have a good time, for whatever kind of activity you are looking for.

I can understand if someone changes their mind to go somewhere else, but boycotts and actually cancelling already paid for trips is extreme to say the least.

Irie
07-09-2014, 05:07 PM
Unless someone is a WW, who is ONLY going to party it up and look for chicks at Rumbas and Classicos, what is the problem?

There are lots of places to have a good time, for whatever kind of activity you are looking for.

I can understand if someone changes their mind to go somewhere else, but boycotts and actually cancelling already paid for trips is extreme to say the least.

All of this has really got me second guessing my next trip. Des Moines is looking better and better every day......:rolleyes::biggrin:

rahsta
07-09-2014, 05:45 PM
Sosua News now also confirming "Bobby Rumba" has been deported.

Bob (Rumba Bar) arrested and deported (http://www.sosuanews.com/index.php?id=3761&article=1)

Authorities of the General Office of Migration (Direccion General de Migracion - DGM) announced on July 3rd that the U.S. citizen Robert Anechiarico (better known as Bob) had to leave the country on charges of promoting sex tourism in the Dominican Republic.

Click to see pic (http://www.sosuanews.com/news_pictures/2014/07/07-08_rumba.jpg) Rumba Bar knew better days

According to the Attorney General of DGM is Bob, the manager of the Rumba Bar in Sosúa, through Las Americas Airport in Santo Domingo was deported.

Bob is in Sosúa known as a person with a great social conscience. He has helped many charitable institutions in Sosúa with large sums of money. Examples are: donation for the Christmas celebration for the children of Maranatha, donation for the sports field in Maranatha and large donations for disabled children of the Mustard Seed Foundation in Cangrejos.

Many residents and tourists of Sosúa regret that Bob had to leave the country like this.

So was he deported or left before he was deported? Did the DR government buy the one way ticket?

eldorob
07-09-2014, 06:03 PM
so... Do they really think they can FILL the street from Rosen to the Casino with people DINING and having quality Family time ??

Yes, they do. Dancing, dining, drinking, mingling. Have you been to a Street Dance on PC yet? They got a pretty good start on filling the street. They've now got some real momentum.

rahsta
07-09-2014, 06:22 PM
Yes, they do. Dancing, dining, drinking, mingling. Have you been to a Street Dance on PC yet? They got a pretty good start on filling the street. They've now got some real momentum.

How much money are they spending money?

eldorob
07-09-2014, 06:33 PM
How much money are they spending money?

Ok, so I'm guessing your asking if they're spending as much as the mongers are right now in Sosua?

The answer would be no, they're not. But I didn't say they had taken over on PC, I said they're gaining momentum.

But they are buying meals and drinks. One night a group had their own section of PC roped off and it was catered for a graduation or something. The white tablecloths, china and crystal looked a little odd on PC but hey, whatever. Locals and families spending money on PC.

The street dance, which is funded by the Feds, was to entice a turnout by locals and non-monger expats. It worked. I sat there and drank with those locals and expats, they were excited to be on PC. The party's over.

ROVER
07-09-2014, 08:21 PM
Just to give this conversation some balance this anti prostitution campaign is not limited to Sosua.

It seems now to be almost an international push-back by some countries where because of prostitution they have become a major mongering destination.

Here is a part of an email I received from a friend today arriving in Panama:

"plane got delayed in Miami and I flew a girl in from mde and she got there before me. she didn't want to go thru immigration without me. good thing, 2 fucking hours of interrogation. back and forth with the supervisor. calling the hotel had to go get a electronic receipt for the return ticket for both of us.

We had to agree to us both getting fingerprinted a real pain in the ass. Finally they let her go. She had 500 dollars in pesos but they said that wasn't good enough. Needed cash. I just gave it to her in front of the guy. I didn't think she was going to get thru but,they finally let her go."

Señor JDR of Medellin
07-09-2014, 08:23 PM
Just to give this conversation some balance this anti prostitution campaign is not limited to Sosua.

It seems now to be almost an international push-back in some countries where because of prostitution they have become a major mongering destination.

"plane got delayed in Miami and I flew a girl in from mde and she got there before me. she didn't want to go thru immigration without me. good thing, 2 fucking hours of interrogation. back and forth with the supervisor. calling the hotel had to go get a electronic receipt for the return ticket for both of us.

We had to agree to us both getting fingerprinted a real pain in the ass. Finally they let her go. She had 500 dollars in pesos but they said that wasn't good enough. Needed cash. I just gave it to her in front of the guy. I didn't think she was going to get thru but,they finally let her go."

So where they going put 2,000,000 mongers? Build more jails? Cut our dicks off?

Señor JDR of Medellin
07-09-2014, 08:30 PM

So there are at least 300 free lance hookers working the casino there and your friend had to bring one in?

How do the 300 get in?

Jimbo44
07-09-2014, 09:41 PM
WTF... wowwwwww!!!! I finally decide to log on in here and have to read this bullshit. I was planning a trip Aug 7 to 15. And about to book my superbowl ticket on jetblue for 2015 as well. Oh fucking well. I guess its time for Medi!!!

WSJ3_Sith_Lord
07-09-2014, 09:53 PM
So where they going put 2,000,000 mongers? Build more jails? Cut our dicks off?

http://i933.photobucket.com/albums/ad173/cod-ghost-samuel/10532502_684394888313951_5172425842523433482_n_zps7814cf8a.jpg (http://s933.photobucket.com/user/cod-ghost-samuel/media/10532502_684394888313951_5172425842523433482_n_zps7814cf8a.jpg.html)

Irie
07-09-2014, 09:58 PM
http://youtu.be/TRrBm6flmIQ

that is all.

rahsta
07-09-2014, 10:07 PM
Ok, so I'm guessing your asking if they're spending as much as the mongers are right now in Sosua?

The answer would be no, they're not. But I didn't say they had taken over on PC, I said they're gaining momentum.

But they are buying meals and drinks. One night a group had their own section of PC roped off and it was catered for a graduation or something. The white tablecloths, china and crystal looked a little odd on PC but hey, whatever. Locals and families spending money on PC.

The street dance, which is funded by the Feds, was to entice a turnout by locals and non-monger expats. It worked. I sat there and drank with those locals and expats, they were excited to be on PC. The party's over.

I guess the party may be over for alot of people.

rahsta
07-09-2014, 10:10 PM

It seems now to be almost an international push-back by some countries where because of prostitution they have become a major mongering destination.

Thats crazy. That could of been his cousin or sister. Or even fiance.

sopranostingray
07-09-2014, 10:18 PM

And it's only starting for a whole new group of guys. Each week I meet a new group of guys who are on their first trip to Sosua and can't believe how crazy it is. The party will never end.

Jimbo44
07-09-2014, 10:50 PM
Someone needs to start taking pics at night of the girls in Merengue or going and comng from upstairs in Classicos. Because I don't know what to believe anymore!!!

Seville
07-10-2014, 12:44 AM
And it's only starting for a whole new group of guys. Each week I meet a new group of guys who are on their first trip to Sosua and can't believe how crazy it is. The party will never end.

I agree with this. The packaging may change or the marketing may change. You might have to put in a minimal effort instead of point and click. Whatever. So the girls are not running around dressed like whores much anymore. So what? They are still there. Certainly enough to keep the law of supply and demand in the mongers favor if he has a clue what he is doing.

I have listened to several chicas complaining that there is no work because of a combination of the "new rules" and no tourists in town at the moment.

When these hard economic times hit it is always interesting to me that there are a couple of chicas that would not normally consider "ex-pat pricing" but now change their tune. Those are the smart ones that at least maintain an income stream that is enough to pay the rent and put food on the table. Then wait for better times.

Ram
07-10-2014, 12:48 AM

...and it is all over by midnight as the old folks are past their bedtime...

One thing they need to look at is more ramps on the sidewalks as access is not very friendly in this town. A few charging stations for the mobility scooters would be a nice touch.

:rofl:

ps You seem to be getting a lot of joy out of the changes happening in Sosua eldorob....you have a dog in the race?

JD426
07-10-2014, 12:52 AM

No, because you're a selfish Bastard, and never invite me when you go..

Ram
07-10-2014, 12:55 AM
I agree with this. The packaging may change or the marketing may change. You might have to put in a minimal effort instead of point and click. Whatever. So the girls are not running around dressed like whores much anymore. So what? They are still there. Certainly enough to keep the law of supply and demand in the mongers favor if he has a clue what he is doing.

I have listened to several chicas complaining that there is no work because of a combination of the "new rules" and no tourists in town at the moment.

When these hard economic times hit it is always interesting to me that there are a couple of chicas that would not normally consider "ex-pat pricing" but now change their tune. Those are the smart ones that at least maintain an income stream that is enough to pay the rent and put food on the table. Then wait for better times.

I have also heard this. Funny thing is, this is from girls who are hanging around at the smaller places in town. These places never used to have too many girls popping by but do now. I have had more conversations with chicas in the past few weeks than I have in a long time.....without the blasting music and the flashing lights. Maybe this is the future....only time will tell.

steviewonder
07-10-2014, 01:46 AM

The way I see it, the party will never be over. As posted earlier, Rumba sign has been taken down and the chicas are again filling the place up. And believe it or not, they seem to actually enjoy the new dress policy, along with the fact that they once again can use the bathroom as their personal salon.:rofl: The Bar central sign is still up, however this maybe due to the fact they are still celebrating the Germany victory from yesterday:corky:, as well as having to deal with an unfortunate accident in one of the hotel rooms they rent out in the back. :(
It has also been confirmed by a very good local source that D'Latin will be re-opening next week.:biggrin: Now I don't know, and It makes no difference to me if there has been some agreement, or new licence(ie Disco) issued for D'Latin, as well as who will be managing the place. All I care about is that several of these businesses seem to be once again operating, and only time will tell whether there is enough customers to continue the party.:wink:

Gutter Meat
07-10-2014, 01:56 AM
Unfortunate accident in the hotel room ? Can you elaborate ?

Ram
07-10-2014, 02:36 AM
Unfortunate accident in the hotel room ? Can you elaborate ?

A drunk dude fell off a balcony in the hotel behind Bar Central.

http://www.puertoplatadigital.com/verNoticia.aspx?Id=15847

MrHappy
07-10-2014, 08:05 AM
Here is a come back for ballers in white suits :rofl: Should I start packing my French cuffed shirts?

On a serious note, why Dominicans tolerate this circus? Will they designate as a next step separate entrances for gringos, gays, or say Haitians? Basically they harass their own most vulnerable. Just a shame. :icontd:

I think you'll find the majority of Dominicans are not particularly fond of tourists coming to their island to have sex with their women. The higher up you go in the social levels, the less it's embraced and tolerated. There are not many Dominicans that like the idea.

It's very similar to the time they passed the closing law. The low class folks and bar owners were indignant, but subsequent polls found that over 90% of folks polled approved of the law.

MrHappy
07-10-2014, 08:14 AM
The way I see it, the party will never be over. As posted earlier, Rumba sign has been taken down and the chicas are again filling the place up. And believe it or not, they seem to actually enjoy the new dress policy, along with the fact that they once again can use the bathroom as their personal salon.:rofl: The Bar central sign is still up, however this maybe due to the fact they are still celebrating the Germany victory from yesterday:corky:, as well as having to deal with an unfortunate accident in one of the hotel rooms they rent out in the back. :(
It has also been confirmed by a very good local source that D'Latin will be re-opening next week.:biggrin: Now I don't know, and It makes no difference to me if there has been some agreement, or new licence(ie Disco) issued for D'Latin, as well as who will be managing the place. All I care about is that several of these businesses seem to be once again operating, and only time will tell whether there is enough customers to continue the party.:wink:

The more things change, the more they remain the same.

This country goes through up and downs every few years or so. they Clamp down, then everything slowly returns to normal. I can't even begin to remember how many crackdowns I've been through in the past.

When you live here, it pretty much becomes something to laugh about over a beer.

ErikS
07-10-2014, 08:44 AM

This country goes through up and downs every few years or so. they Clamp down, then everything slowly returns to normal. I can't even begin to remember how many crackdowns I've been through in the past.

When you live here, it pretty much becomes something to laugh about over a beer.

Bingo! :iconTU::iconTU::iconTU::iconTU:

ezsmile
07-10-2014, 09:55 AM

If that keeps up maybe they will relocate to El Cortecito. Then we can enjoy reading about all the problems with filthy degenerate husbands abandoning their wives in the AI's of Bavaro

JDR
07-10-2014, 09:59 AM
I think you'll find the majority of Dominicans are not particularly fond of tourists coming to their island to have sex with their women. The higher up you go in the social levels, the less it's embraced and tolerated. There are not many Dominicans that like the idea.

It's very similar to the time they passed the closing law. The low class folks and bar owners were indignant, but subsequent polls found that over 90% of folks polled approved of the law.

I don't think they would like to have to pay child support to replace those sex tourists.

Al Nyc
07-10-2014, 11:34 PM

D'Latin will be re-opened? Oh GOD NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:icontd:

Al Nyc
07-10-2014, 11:35 PM
I got this in my e-mail this afternoon.
http://www.latintravelvip.com/lorenzo-sancassani-sex-tourism-sosua/

Ghost Dog
07-11-2014, 01:12 PM
"Glory days they'll pass you by in the wink of a young chica's eye, glory days"

Interesting video and article as posted by Al Nyc. Well, change is in the air for Sousa from one degree or another as I've have known it to be for the last 5 years. Now I don't mind the change personally, as our hobby transitions more to social media networking as I'm not married or in a mutually exclusive relationship.

Now I feel for my monger friends who are married or in mutually exclusive relationships (often these dudes are the point and shot guys) For various reasons these guys can't developed a network of Facebook whores on the family computer or explain why all of a sudden they are trying to learn Spanish and traveling to Medellin Colombia.

A Married monger friend told me between work and home life he does not have the time to worry about his wife or kids seeing his internet history he forgot to erase the day before on his computer or cellphone, work computer is out of the question. He said he gets one or two golfing or fishing trips a year with his friends no questions asked from his spouse. And just wants to meet a girl at a bar without the NSA, Google, Facebook, Skype etc... all knowing about it.

So it seems I will be sitting around at the bar with my friend talkin about old times the Sousa glory days

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6vQpW9XRiyM

Chief Papi Lindo
07-11-2014, 01:25 PM
I got this in my e-mail this afternoon.
http://www.latintravelvip.com/lorenzo-sancassani-sex-tourism-sosua/

can somebody make this guy....go away?

JD426
07-11-2014, 01:47 PM
can somebody make this guy....go away?

Assume you are talking about the Minister of Tourism of the North Coast who looks like vampires sucked out his Blood and his Soul...
He could give 2 shits about people, or the quality of Life, or babies who need Milk and pampers
... Its all about the money, and im sure he is stuffing his pockets with a LOT of it..
That dude is bought and Paid for by the Cruise Line and investors and Im sure he has a license to kill anyone who even thinks of getting in his way..
Would not fuck with that dude.. The National Police are his personal Army.
just my .02

deezl
07-11-2014, 01:58 PM
Assume you are talking about the Minister of Tourism of the North Coast who looks like vampires sucked out his Blood and his Soul...
He could give 2 shits about people, or the quality of Life, or babies who need Milk and pampers
... Its all about the money, and im sure he is stuffing his pockets with a LOT of it..
That dude is bought and Paid for by the Cruise Line and investors and Im sure he has a license to kill anyone who even thinks of getting in his way..
just my .02

he looks like one of Christopher Lee's shits.

He's gonna step on the wrong money and get himself popped.

Chief Papi Lindo
07-11-2014, 03:57 PM
just my .02

true indeed and im sure he does...i wish somebody makes him go away ;)..not that i am advocating anything..im just saying ;)

BrooklynBeas
07-11-2014, 05:06 PM
I am still wondering how an Italian dude got this job in DR...????

Señor JDR of Medellin
07-11-2014, 06:00 PM

He became a citizen there. Is everyone in Political positions in the USA born here, no!

deezl
07-11-2014, 06:12 PM

Why's that weird? We have a Kenyan President...

:rofl::rofl::rofl:

Señor JDR of Medellin
07-11-2014, 06:14 PM
Why's that weird? We have a Kenyan President...

:rofl::rofl::rofl:

And Irish and Italian.

voltage69
07-11-2014, 10:27 PM
I clicked the link for the minister of tourism guy and I saw this ad on the side of the page. cubadave has a kindle book on amazon about sosua. just what we fucking need.

http://www.amazon.com/Daves-Guide-Sos%C3%BAa-Dominican-Republic-ebook/dp/B00D3W57J6/ref=tf_ssw?&linkCode=wss&tag=latrvi-20

ROVER
07-12-2014, 04:53 AM
From Sosua News

El Flow changed into Premium Disco Bar (http://www.sosuanews.com/index.php?id=3765&article=1)

Bar El Flow, formerly known as Super Colmado El Flow has passed into new hands and they renamed the bar into 'Premium Disco Bar & Café'.

http://www.sosuanews.com/news_pictures/2014/07/07-12_flow.jpg (http://www.sosuanews.com/news_pictures/2014/07/07-12_flow.jpg) Premium Disco Bar & Café

Luckily the bar policy has changed little. Every Friday evening until midnight you can still buy a bucket of beer with 5 bottles of beer (on ice) for only 300 pesos.

Every Sunday afternoon, from 1 PM it is Karaoke time which then continues until late in the evening. After midnight on weekends the nightclub in the back of the Bar Disco opens and everyone who likes to dance can enjoy themselves.

So the name has changed from El Flow into Premium Disco Bar & Café, but the atmosphere has fortunately remained unchanged.

O.K. boots on the ground who's the new owner(s) ???

eldorob
07-12-2014, 07:53 AM

ps You seem to be getting a lot of joy out of the changes happening in Sosua eldorob....you have a dog in the race?

No dog. And where have you seen me express joy? I do think the beach is a pigsty and smells like piss, especially after a rain. But as to the info written I'm just passing on what see and hear. I know some business owners and some gov't folks - they are in it to win. And I've been thru all the past crackdowns as well, and this isn't a normal crackdown that will eventually go away. This is a change for PC (and the town) that they are not planning on backing off.

Dominicans may not be the most efficient when it comes to making changes (bars with curtains, dress codes?, etc.) but don't let that fool you. There is huge money and public support behind this.

BorisDaBulletDodger
07-12-2014, 09:07 AM
From Sosua News

El Flow changed into Premium Disco Bar (http://www.sosuanews.com/index.php?id=3765&article=1)

Bar El Flow, formerly known as Super Colmado El Flow has passed into new hands and they renamed the bar into 'Premium Disco Bar & Café'.

(http://www.sosuanews.com/news_pictures/2014/07/07-12_flow.jpg)Click to see pic (http://www.sosuanews.com/news_pictures/2014/07/07-12_flow.jpg) Premium Disco Bar & Café

Luckily the bar policy has changed little. Every Friday evening until midnight you can still buy a bucket of beer with 5 bottles of beer (on ice) for only 300 pesos.

Every Sunday afternoon, from 1 PM it is Karaoke time which then continues until late in the evening. After midnight on weekends the nightclub in the back of the Bar Disco opens and everyone who likes to dance can enjoy themselves.

So the name has changed from El Flow into Premium Disco Bar & Café, but the atmosphere has fortunately remained unchanged.

O.K. boots on the ground who's the new owner(s) ???

Man that picture looks great:rofl::rofl: If you told me that was a place in downtown Miami I would believe it:D

jose1234
07-12-2014, 10:06 AM
Man that picture looks great:rofl::rofl: If you told me that was a place in downtown Miami I would believe it:D

Yes, I was in there four weeks ago and it was nice...with A/C :) I don't remember the beer prices, but it was similar to everywhere else. They had karaoke in there one night and loud Dominican music the other night I was there... They had small tables and chairs on the sidewalk. Its a good place to rest and watch the chicas walk by in the evening. :lol:

Irie
07-12-2014, 10:11 AM

Yes, I was in there four weeks ago and it was nice...with A/C :) I don't remember the beer prices, but it was similar to everywhere else. They had karaoke in there one night and loud Dominican music the other night I was there... They had small tables and chairs on the sidewalk. Its a good place to rest and watch the chicas walk by in the evening. :lol:

I was in there a few times my last couple of trips. I'm not a huge fan of indoor bars/clubs while in the DR, but I have to say this place probably has the nicest interior of anyplace on PC. If it weren't for being heavily populated by locals and mostly Dominican music, the place would probably have a NA feel to it.

ROVER
07-22-2014, 11:27 PM

From Dominican Today

33 Dominicans held at hotel in Trinidad & Tobago

http://www.dominicantoday.com/image/article/22/209x400/0/2E8C0DC3-F990-4A51-826A-1DC4E07A0245.jpeg

Port of Spain.– Thirty-tree Dominican nationals along with two Colombians and one Guyanese were arrested during a police raid at a popular hotel in Marabella, in San Fernando, Trinidad & Tobago, on Thursday night.

According to a police report released Friday, a team of agents –including Fraud Squad, Counter Trafficking Unit and immigration officials– visited the hotel, where they found scantily dressed women, allegedly soliciting clients.

The women were taken to the San Fernando CID, where they were interviewed through interpreters.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

All these Caribbean places : Trinidad & Tobago, D.R., Panama and so on never had any real push back against mongering until recently. It seems to be the international trend now to define working girls as "trafficking victims".

With the world economies picking up and crime receding it may be that law enforcement agencies need a reason to justify their size and budgets. Just look at how many agencies were involved with this small operation. Couldn't they find something better to spend their time and resources on ? :dontknow:

PapiQueRico
07-22-2014, 11:56 PM
On the one hand I want LE out there chasing criminals involved in trafficking (read that slavery), especially involving kids. OTOH it is a shame that many engaged in legal activities, and in most countries prostitution is legal, get painted with the same brush as the criminals.

Hemp
11-14-2014, 11:28 PM
This is all I needed to see :thumbsup: