PDA

View Full Version : Bye Bob!!

MrHappy
07-02-2014, 04:20 PM
Bob from Rumba is thrown on a plane.

http://www.elcaribe.com.do/2014/07/02/deportan-estadounidense-dedicaba-proxenetismo

daddyooo
07-02-2014, 04:36 PM
The authorities of the Public Ministry and the Directorate General of Migration reported that he was deported U.S. citizen Robert Anechiarico for allegedly devoted to procuring and promoting sex tourism in the Dominican Republic.

Anechiarico, who served as the brothel owner-manager "Rumba Bar", located in the town of Sosua, Puerto Plata province, was deported by the International Airport of the Americas.

The Attorney General of the Republic, Francisco Domínguez Brito, asked the Director General of Immigration, José Ricardo Taveras, arrange the deportation of Anechiarico, which determined that he was illegally in Dominican territory.

"Since the prosecution have instructed the Special Prosecutor against the Smuggling of Migrants and Trafficking in Persons, which apresen foreigners who are dedicated to promoting the country as a sex tourist destination, which will be deported," said Dominguez Brito .

eldorob
07-02-2014, 04:58 PM
I'm even surprised at this one.

BrooklynBeas
07-02-2014, 05:14 PM
I rather be deported then spend time in a Dominican jail... I mean, it's pretty obvious that Rumba is or was a meeting point for guys and chicas, but come on... The guy just owned a bar.. He also gave a lot back to the community monetarily! Wow... Im surprised as well with this one...

ezsmile
07-02-2014, 05:27 PM
I am just talking though my hat here, but it seems to me that the authorities decided he was persona non grata (due to running a bar where high profile sex tourism was taking place), and since he was not a legal resident, they had him thrown out of the country. That is how I read the article anyway. If they had really decided he was procuring, he would have been in jail.
Of course, they may have given him the option - jail or deportation. Which would you choose?

BrooklynBeas
07-02-2014, 05:40 PM
Now that I think about it, I was pretty sure the bar was in someone else's name (Dominican)... Even though it really is Bobby's bar... I guess they wanted him out either way...

wayne1967
07-02-2014, 06:03 PM
So, which bar is next?
Bar Central? Fat Hermans? Rancho Tipico?

To the best of my knowledge none of the proprietors carry a DR passport.

Now that I think about it, I was pretty sure the bar was in someone else's name (Dominican)... Even though it really is Bobby's bar... I guess they wanted him out either way...

BrooklynBeas
07-02-2014, 06:16 PM
Who is bar central owned by? If it's a non-Dominican he should get worried... Ad from Rancho just started his business and as far as some of our members believe, not too many show up there... If he gets big, it seems he would only naturally next in line, unortunately... Two good things going for him though, he is away from the main action of the 2-3 block ground zero, and second, at least when I was last there, it isnt as much of a pick up spot and more of a bring your date there, or hang with the fellass...

But nothing will surprise me in the Novela of Sosua

wayne1967
07-02-2014, 06:27 PM
Bar Central, the business, is in German hands. The building itself is leased from a Dominican.
Ad, Rancho Tipico, is very successful. I don't care what some members believe.

Most importantly though. The only way to avoid deportation is having DR citizenship.

Also, the whole attitude changes, even for a gringo, once they show a DR passport. Make no mistake. They are still a target because of the money. But they are "one of us" (Dominican) vs. outsider.

P.S.: No, I don't have a DR passport. But I have a US passport for the exact same line of thought.

Who is bar central owned by? If it's a non-Dominican he should get worried... Ad from Rancho just started his business and as far as some of our members believe, not too many show up there... If he gets big, it seems he would only naturally next in line, unortunately... Two good things going for him though, he is away from the main action of the 2-3 block ground zero, and second, at least when I was last there, it isnt as much of a pick up spot and more of a bring your date there, or hang with the fellass...

MrHappy
07-02-2014, 06:30 PM
I'm even surprised at this one.

Collateral damage.

And playing devils advocate, PICHARDO on DR1 (who is veeery connected to the powers that be) has been preaching for months that anybody that isn't in the country legally will be looking at getting thrown on a plane.

This whole naturalization process that is going on now is nothing more than a campaign to see who's legal and who's not. Get legal, or get gone.

tgunz
07-02-2014, 06:34 PM

If im not mistaken, they salida chicas out of tgere !!

BrooklynBeas
07-02-2014, 06:51 PM
If im not mistaken, they salida chicas out of tgere !!

I forgot about that one... Very true.. Rancho has a salida, at least when he isn't short staffed and can deal with losing a worker for a few hours... That may be a big no-no if you want to avoid the po po...

rahsta
07-02-2014, 06:51 PM
Rumba Bar still open?

steviewonder
07-02-2014, 09:00 PM
Collateral damage. And playing devils advocate, PICHARDO on DR1 (who is veeery connected to the powers that be) has been preaching for months that anybody that isn't in the country legally will be looking at getting thrown on a plane.
This whole naturalization process that is going on now is nothing more than a campaign to see who's legal and who's not. Get legal, or get gone.

Bobby like many others that I know, are not here over 90 days to be illegal. Which I guess maybe now having residency is required in order to own any property, or a business:confused:. I say property, because it may very well be that Bobby still owns the property, however has sold, or leased out the business:wink:
As far as the authorities stating that Rumba was operating as a brothel, :fuckyou::fuckyou::fuckyou:

El-Rey
07-02-2014, 10:16 PM
Gentlemen I expect this from the younger boards but fellas yall know you cant listen to the crap you hear..

Bobby was arrested AND held for 5 days and there was an attempted extortion of which he would not give.. He was NEVER charged and released, He came through to Rumba and his last words were..

"Fuck this Im going to Vegas" There are way too many rumors. He will be back, he just decided to get out of town instead of dealing with the BS.. Yall guys be having rumors like the chicas..

sopranostingray
07-02-2014, 10:17 PM
You need a cedula and residency to own property, this is new going back about 2 years....however bobby used a loophole, which obviously didn't work.

ROVER
07-02-2014, 10:19 PM
The authorities of the Public Ministry and the Directorate General of Migration reported that he was deported U.S. citizen Robert Anechiarico for allegedly devoted to procuring and promoting sex tourism in the Dominican Republic.

Anechiarico, who served as the brothel owner-manager "Rumba Bar", located in the town of Sosua, Puerto Plata province, was deported by the International Airport of the Americas.

"Since the prosecution have instructed the Special Prosecutor against the Smuggling of Migrants and Trafficking in Persons, which apresen foreigners who are dedicated to promoting the country as a sex tourist destination, which will be deported," said Dominguez Brito .

The machine is in now in motion as this clearly is no longer the local Sosua government acting alone but a collaboration of local, Province, and Government agencies working in harmony so what there next move is anybody's guess.

Lets just think out of the box here a minute. If Bobby Rumba has been determined by the authorities to be
"dedicated to promoting the country as a sex tourist destination," then what the hell is a place like The New Garden guilty of in their eyes ?? Rumbas was a bar on the main strip where girls more or less had to buy a drink to hang out there but what the hell are 10 girls doing hanging out at The New Garden Hotel all day with free rein to use the pool etc. ?

Did you know that The New Garden is for sale ? Maybe he's been warned ? Shut down even one hotel for this and the others may start to shun mongers .....mission accomplished.

So, which bar is next?
Bar Central? Fat Hermans? Rancho Tipico?

To the best of my knowledge none of the proprietors carry a DR passport.

I would imagine they very well might be thinking bigger. Think Classicos or Classicos and Merengue. Remember how the scene changed in Rio after they closed Help Disco for the same exact reasons.

Willy left the Mayors political party so for allot of connected people his fall may be in their best political interest now. He sure seemed powerless to do anything but pout when they closed D'Latins

Who said Bobby was arrested ? I think he has a Dominican National as the "owner" on the books , no ?..
If Bobby himself is being prosecuted more like "persecuted" then I may never spend another dime in Sosua.. cause that definitely means the gloves are off as you said, and any one of us can and WILL be targets, as Mongers.

Sure hope it doesn't come to this judge but your spot on that with them making a move like this on Bobby Rumba they just took a very big uncomfortable step closer to every one of us.

Not making predictions just observations....time will now tell.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

questner
07-02-2014, 10:46 PM
You need a cedula and residency to own property, this is new going back about 2 years....however bobby used a loophole, which obviously didn't work.

Where did you get that? Maybe I am just ignorant...

ROVER
07-02-2014, 11:10 PM
From Latin Travel VIP

American Business Owner Deported in Latest Sosua Crackdown

July 2, 2014 by D. Caro (http://www.latintravelvip.com/author/admin/) 0 Comments (http://www.latintravelvip.com/american-business-owner-deported-in-latest-sosua-crackdown/#respond)
http://www.latintravelvip.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/07/10524583_844341845595789_3350296108730414194_n-480x300.jpg

Every indication is that there is no end in sight for a police crackdown against prostitution in Sosua, which started at least two weeks ago. Reports are that police are aggressively arresting women while prosecutors are working to close bars and businesses associated with sex tourism.

A news article, published today in the Diario Libre reported that the owner of the popular Rumba Bar has been deported. According to Spanish language article, Robert Anechiarico a U.S. citizen was deported by immigration authorities at the request of the Attorney General. The article quoted judicial and immigration officials as having made allegations that Anechiarico was “responsible for procuring and promoting sex tourism in the Dominican Republic”. It also described the Rumba Bar as a “bordello”. Anechiarico was deported through the Aeropuerto Internacional de las Américas in the capital of Santo Domingo, which is 136 miles from Sosua.

Reports are that Rumba will remain open, under the control of a local manager while Anechiarico is out of the country. The news comes following the Closure of the also popular bar D’Latin (http://www.latintravelvip.com/dlatin-closes-in-sosua-few-venues-left/), two weeks ago.

Deportation of citizens from developed nations is a relatively recent tactic for the Dominican Republic, which is known for having generally lax immigration controls. Earlier this year, the manager of the Carribean Men’s Paradise (CMP), a German citizen was deported despite facing charges in a criminal court for human trafficking. The owner of the once popular Passions Bar and Spa (http://www.latintravelvip.com/supporters-rally-to-support-owner-of-la-passions-in-sosua/), also a German citizen remains in the Dominican Republic, despite suffering the closure of his business a year ago.

MyTio
07-02-2014, 11:16 PM
Gentlemen I expect this from the younger boards but fellas yall know you cant listen to the crap you hear..

Bobby was arrested AND held for 5 days and there was an attempted extortion of which he would not give.. He was NEVER charged and released, He came through to Rumba and his last words were..

"Fuck this Im going to Vegas" There are way too many rumors. He will be back, he just decided to get out of town instead of dealing with the BS.. Yall guys be having rumors like the chicas..
every thing is good sit 5 days in a jail a cell in a third world country they attempt to extort you . then they print news articles that you are running a brothel and that you are to be deported everything is good :rofl::rofl::rofl:

steviewonder
07-02-2014, 11:31 PM
every thing is good sit 5 days in a jail a cell in a third world country they attempt to extort you . then they print news articles that you are running a brothel and that you are to be deported everything is good :rofl::rofl::rofl:

Like rumors, I guess we can stop believing what we read in the national press here:rofl::rofl::rofl:

JD426
07-03-2014, 12:39 AM
Dont know about the rest of you all, but the shit just got real in my eyes..
this does not seem to be a case of people spreading Rumors, this looks like the real crackdown to me... only question is whos next ?
Hotels who do business with Mongers and allow putas ? More bar owners who are running "bordellos", wtf are they even talking about ?
ANY and EVERY business in Sosua could have Prostitutes drinking or eating at some point in time. and they are always available, therefore the place can be considered a Bordello.

the only good part of this Story, is they are allowing Rumbas to remain OPEN,, which kind of doesnt make sense if they wanted to shut down the Whoring activity there.
Something is a little strange..
Cmp, they shut down, Passions they shut down under pretenses that it could re open when he got his permits in order.. but it never re opened.
DLatin shut down for operating a disco illegally ? but in fact we know its because it was THE whore bar in town.

Now Rumba , NOT shut down, but accused of being Bordello ?
real owner deported.. Manager allowed to keep it open ,

strange , no.. ?

Citynights
07-03-2014, 01:01 AM
Dominican Justice.....make it up as you go along.... somebody is paying them to do this.....

steviewonder
07-03-2014, 01:31 AM
Dont know about the rest of you all, but the shit just got real in my eyes..
this does not seem to be a case of people spreading Rumors, this looks like the real crackdown to me... only question is whos next ?
Hotels who do business with Mongers and allow putas ? More bar owners who are running "bordellos", wtf are they even talking about ?
ANY and EVERY business in Sosua could have Prostitutes drinking or eating at some point in time. and they are always available, therefore the place can be considered a Bordello. the only good part of this Story, is they are allowing Rumbas to remain OPEN,, which kind of doesnt make sense if they wanted to shut down the Whoring activity there.Something is a little strange..Cmp, they shut down, Passions they shut down under pretenses that it could re open when he got his permits in order.. but it never re opened.DLatin shut down for operating a disco illegally ? but in fact we know its because it was THE whore bar in town.
Now Rumba , NOT shut down, but accused of being Bordello ? real owner deported.. Manager allowed to keep it open ,strange , no.. ?

As far as the term being used for Bordello/Brothel, I spoke earlier tonight with my Dominican lawyer and she said; locals believe any business establishment that has women which practice prostitution can be considered a Bordello in the DR.:rolleyes: Even a car was here can be closed as many of them especially in the south have rooms to rent on site.:corky: Post #15 which you thanked explains he was never charged, and left the DR on his own.:wink: Anything strange here is actually normal for most locals. So keep in mind when everyone enters the airport there is a large container to deposit all logic, which by the way will never be used here:eek:

MrHappy
07-03-2014, 08:35 AM

You're saying all the reports in the newspapers are incorrect? If you are implying that they told him to leave, and come back when he is ready to do things legally, that I would believe.

jose1234
07-03-2014, 09:46 AM

That is not true

jose1234
07-03-2014, 09:49 AM
New Garden has been for sale for at least three years.

The machine is in now in motion as this clearly is no longer the local Sosua government acting alone but a collaboration of local, Province, and Government agencies working in harmony so what there next move is anybody's guess.

Lets just think out of the box here a minute. If Bobby Rumba has been determined by the authorities to be
"dedicated to promoting the country as a sex tourist destination," then what the hell is a place like The New Garden guilty of in their eyes ?? Rumbas was a bar on the main strip where girls more or less had to buy a drink to hang out there but what the hell are 10 girls doing hanging out at The New Garden Hotel all day with free rein to use the pool etc. ?

Did you know that The New Garden is for sale ? Maybe he's been warned ? Shut down even one hotel for this and the others may start to shun mongers .....mission accomplished.

I would imagine they very well might be thinking bigger. Think Classicos or Classicos and Merengue. Remember how the scene changed in Rio after they closed Help Disco for the same exact reasons.

Willy left the Mayors political party so for allot of connected people his fall may be in their best political interest now. He sure seemed powerless to do anything but pout when they closed D'Latins

Sure hope it doesn't come to this judge but your spot on that with them making a move like this on Bobby Rumba they just took a very big uncomfortable step closer to every one of us.

Not making predictions just observations....time will now tell.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

ErikS
07-03-2014, 10:10 AM
Wow, I'm surprised at this. But running a bordello? No Way.

Seems like there is much speculation being published here and elsewhere, but keep in mind, even in first world counties, the press often gets it wrong.

"Dewey Defeats Truman". (1948 presidential election )

"It was just a weather plane gone off course". (US ambassador to the UN when The U2 spy plane was shot down by the soviets)

"I did not have sex with that lady, Miss Lewinsky". (You know who).

we should always remember (especially when traveling overseas), keep your wits about you and use common sense. Maintain situational awareness at all times and you'll minimize your chances of problems.

Me, I'm laying low today (very heavy rainfall this morning - first in awhile), but tomorrow I think I'll head down to Rombas to have a few cold ones, watch a baseball game, and celebrate the 4th of July.

The sky is NOT falling.

sopranostingray
07-03-2014, 10:19 AM
Where did you get that? Maybe I am just ignorant...

New law that passed last year and is being inforced big time at the moment.

JD426
07-03-2014, 10:54 AM
Wow, I'm surprised at this. But running a bordello? No Way.

Seems like there is much speculation being published here and elsewhere, but keep in mind, even in first world counties, the press often gets it wrong.

"Dewey Defeats Truman". (1948 presidential election )

"It was just a weather plane gone off course". (US ambassador to the UN when The U2 spy plane was shot down by the soviets)

"I did not have sex with that lady, Miss Lewinsky". (You know who).

we should always remember (especially when traveling overseas), keep your wits about you and use common sense. Maintain situational awareness at all times and you'll minimize your chances of problems.

Me, I'm laying low today (very heavy rainfall this morning - first in awhile), but tomorrow I think I'll head down to Rombas to have a few cold ones, watch a baseball game, and celebrate the 4th of July.

The sky is NOT falling.

Even you, who knows whats what, and dont even speak on something unless you got the FACTS are surprised by this !?
... well at least we not going crazy then..cuz its strange as hell.
It dont make sense..

The only Logical thing ,IMO... is he DID see that the right move was to EXIT for a while.. and the papers "determined" this to be DEPORTED ?
Would be nice to hear it from the Horses mouth.. Bobby is no dummy..not by a long shot..
He is not gonna sit in some fucked up Dominican Jail ,waiting for people to bring him food and water..
Maybe he OUTSMARTED their Plan ( saw the writing on the wall) , took a vacation back to the states, and they wrote it up that way just ouf of spite...
that imo is the only thing that would explain the bar, excuse me "Bordello" being allowed to stay open. ( like a warning shot over the bow)
And yes I know there is no logic to what Dominicans do sometimes.. factored in.
again, just my .02 ( hopefully thats still allowed here ????)...

thunderstar
07-03-2014, 11:30 AM
Ahh come on - ErikS -you know I have nothing but love for you man, BUT, the sky is falling for many people.

The spots that got too big are being curtailed/controlled shut down or what ever.

The powers that be dont want "us" guys any more.

The elders and wiser of this board have being saying for a long time that Sosua is on its way out, I have personally felt that for our last 3 visits AND there have been comparisons with the other well known spots - the customer changes, the atmosphere changes, it isnt as low key as it once was, the gvt has to do something and they clamp down.

Its been predicted for a long time, its happening.

Whats next? When its "one of us" - then thats it - game set and match. Over.

rahsta
07-03-2014, 12:11 PM
So Rumba is a brothal and Dlatin is not? The girls that are in Rumbas in the day move to Dlatin at night. What is the difference? Only in DR.

SrSuerte
07-03-2014, 02:04 PM
So Rumba is a brothal and Dlatin is not? The girls that are in Rumbas in the day move to Dlatin at not. What is the difference? Only in DR.

Dlatin has been closed for a few weeks now, right?

jose1234
07-03-2014, 02:16 PM

Yes that is correct....D'Latin has been closed for several weeks now...

Tony Toca
07-03-2014, 02:25 PM
So Rumba is a brothal and Dlatin is not? The girls that are in Rumbas in the day move to Dlatin at not. What is the difference? Only in DR.

And what is Bar Central? There is even has a short stay hotel in the back (both may be independent, I don't know)! For the most part it is a bar where mostly Haitian chics and euro guys hang out. As a "brothel" bar, it sure measures highest on the strip.

I just don't get the rhymes and reasons anymore, or maybe never had?

JD426
07-03-2014, 02:32 PM
And what is Bar Central? There is even has a short stay hotel in the back (both may be independent, I don't know)! For the most part it is a bar where mostly Haitian chics and euro guys hang out. As a "brothel" bar, it sure measures highest on the strip.

There is no rhyme or reason, thats just the point..

The Govt TARGETS Owners, and then goes after them by any means available.. sometimes real reasons, no matter how minor, sometimes completely made up.
the key is for the owner to be smart enough to REALIZE when he is being targeted..

but they dont want to just close them without any "reason" , even if its a total bullshit one they will plaster the news with it.

.. and even as you pointed out, if that SAME exact reason applies even moreso to ANOTHER Bar/ business....
Which proves there is an Agenda.....
Ya gotta love the DR.. they put on one Hell of a Dog and Pony show..

jose1234
07-03-2014, 02:43 PM

I believe that Dominican people do not like the "in your face" style of sex for sale type businesses. If its well hidden...then they usually leave it alone and the corrupt Dominican mafiosos and political guys will eventually take it over and then destroy the business...LOL

What may happen here in Sosua is that many businesses will fail locally without the guys flying in and then the mayor and everyone currently in power will blame the dying businesses for not doing enough to attract tourists... We shall see...

deezl
07-03-2014, 03:01 PM

if the theory that the gov't is cracking down on the 'exploitation' of the local 'natural resources' by foreigners, the DR gov't could probably give about a millionth of a fuck about a bar that specializes in natural resources of the haitian variety, except insofar as they'd probably like to run the chicas out of the country more than the owners of the establishment.

Guthrie
07-03-2014, 03:42 PM

What about Rocky's with a bar & rooms?
Rumba doesn't even have rooms.

JD426
07-03-2014, 03:53 PM
if the theory that the gov't is cracking down on the 'exploitation' of the local 'natural resources' by foreigners, the DR gov't could probably give about a millionth of a fuck about a bar that specializes in natural resources of the haitian variety, except insofar as they'd probably like to run the chicas out of the country more than the owners of the establishment.

Can we Measure that ? is there a "give-a-Fuck-o-meter" one can buy on Ebay ?

rahsta
07-03-2014, 04:09 PM

True, but they are closed for disco license and the owner of Rumba was in jail for 5 days. I see a big double standard. I guess the owner of Classico should get arrested also. Classico, Dlatin and Rumbas are all "brothels" then.

rahsta
07-03-2014, 04:17 PM
I believe that Dominican people do not like the "in your face" style of sex for sale type businesses. If its well hidden...then they usually leave it alone and the corrupt Dominican mafiosos and political guys will eventually take it over and then destroy the business...LOL

What may happen here in Sosua is that many businesses will fail locally without the guys flying in and then the mayor and everyone currently in power will blame the dying businesses for not doing enough to attract tourists... We shall see...

If the powers that be say something like that, they are real dummies in charge.

givengo440
07-03-2014, 04:44 PM
We know Dlatin and Rumba aren't brothels but to someone trying to squeeze the owners then they will make the shoe fit no matter how small it is. I like others find it strange that Rumba stayed open, but I do now by talking to Bobby he knew this was coming. He by no stretch as someone said is a dummy and I think he just got out of dodge for a while like he did a year or so ago. What they going to do shut the whole town down? So there has to be a end to this, but I just do not know where.

BrooklynBeas
07-03-2014, 04:46 PM

I would have thought Central would have been closed long ago... Especially with the openly racist attitude Dominicans have towards Haitians.. That bar is basically killing business for every Dominican whore and/or whore owner aka chulo...

Yes, true, some guys only go for the dark meat, but if they had no choice but to go Dominican chica or pull their prick, im sure they would start to like some of the darker skinned Dominicans if that's all that was around...

deezl
07-03-2014, 05:36 PM
Can we Measure that ? is there a "give-a-Fuck-o-meter" one can buy on Ebay ?

there are several models on the market...

sopranostingray
07-03-2014, 05:48 PM
That is not true

So all us business owners are wrong then? TURISMO is now enforcing ALL business owners to have a cedula and residency. Period. No cards, no business licence.

weyland
07-03-2014, 06:21 PM
Yes, true, some guys only go for the dark meat, but if they had no choice but to go Dominican chica or pull their prick, im sure they would start to like some of the darker skinned Dominicans if that's all that was around.
I think you totally misunderstand why many of us prefer haitianas. It is nothing to do with skin color. It is to do with attitude.

Irie
07-03-2014, 06:25 PM
I think you totally misunderstand why many of us prefer haitianas. It is nothing to do with skin color. It is to do with attitude.

And that is the most important aspect no matter what nationality. We would find the same thing in Kenya, but even better at many levels.

dirty rig hand
07-03-2014, 06:26 PM
in the middle is the "give-a-fuck-meter" i have. works great on fridays! did i mention i love sosua! i love it for the beaches & the bitches! the brothels and the beers! i loved it before the big christmas crunch 3 years ago and im going to try to love it again! but if i have to ill go to pattaya & bangkok or angeles city. where there are whores you will find me with a passport stamped and dollars in my pocket! lotsa dollars! i will be sad if im not welcome in the Soo but not defeated.

Al Nyc
07-03-2014, 07:20 PM
From Latin Travel VIP

American Business Owner Deported in Latest Sosua Crackdown

July 2, 2014 by D. Caro (http://www.latintravelvip.com/author/admin/) 0 Comments (http://www.latintravelvip.com/american-business-owner-deported-in-latest-sosua-crackdown/#respond)
Click to see pic (http://www.latintravelvip.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/07/10524583_844341845595789_3350296108730414194_n-480x300.jpg)

Every indication is that there is no end in sight for a police crackdown against prostitution in Sosua, which started at least two weeks ago. Reports are that police are aggressively arresting women while prosecutors are working to close bars and businesses associated with sex tourism.

A news article, published today in the Diario Libre reported that the owner of the popular Rumba Bar has been deported. According to Spanish language article, Robert Anechiarico a U.S. citizen was deported by immigration authorities at the request of the Attorney General. The article quoted judicial and immigration officials as having made allegations that Anechiarico was “responsible for procuring and promoting sex tourism in the Dominican Republic”. It also described the Rumba Bar as a “bordello”. Anechiarico was deported through the Aeropuerto Internacional de las Américas in the capital of Santo Domingo, which is 136 miles from Sosua.

Reports are that Rumba will remain open, under the control of a local manager while Anechiarico is out of the country. The news comes following the Closure of the also popular bar D’Latin (http://www.latintravelvip.com/dlatin-closes-in-sosua-few-venues-left/), two weeks ago.

Deportation of citizens from developed nations is a relatively recent tactic for the Dominican Republic, which is known for having generally lax immigration controls. Earlier this year, the manager of the Carribean Men’s Paradise (CMP), a German citizen was deported despite facing charges in a criminal court for human trafficking. The owner of the once popular Passions Bar and Spa (http://www.latintravelvip.com/supporters-rally-to-support-owner-of-la-passions-in-sosua/), also a German citizen remains in the Dominican Republic, despite suffering the closure of his business a year ago.

Was Rhumba a bordello/brothel? I thought it was just a sports bar/eatery place that people hang, drink, eat and meet.:confused:

eldorob
07-03-2014, 07:50 PM
Was Rhumba a bordello/brothel? I thought it was just a sports bar/eatery place that people hang, drink, eat and meet.:confused:

No, it was just a bar. No salidas, no rooms, nada. With a restaurant attached. A big bar, with lots of hookers, but still just a bar.

But that should tell you something. This time it's real, they're shutting down Pedro Clisante - and using whatever excuse they can, changing as they go depending on the establishment/owner/etc. If you look back over six months, it wasn't hard to see this coming. It will be interesting to see what happens at Classico's.

deezl
07-03-2014, 08:17 PM
No, it was just a bar. No salidas, no rooms, nada. With a restaurant attached. A big bar, with lots of hookers, but still just a bar.

But that should tell you something. This time it's real, they're shutting down Pedro Clisante - and using whatever excuse they can, changing as they go depending on the establishment/owner/etc. If you look back over six months, it wasn't hard to see this coming. It will be interesting to see what happens at Classico's.

but, by all accounts Rumba was not shut down. the place isn't even in Bobby's name afaik so he's not legally the owner and they'd have nothing to hold him on/deport him over as far as the business is concerned anyway.

Apos
07-03-2014, 08:38 PM
In my opinion, and it's only opinion (educated guess) this has little to do with individuals, businesses and people, at this time and more to do with the overall plan to change the image of Sosua and the DR overall.

Many of us have been saying, for years, that there was this kind of a change coming...based on things like the razing of the cheap/fun bars in POP by the Malecon where everyone loved to hang out, the residents of El Tablon being removed and the whole friggin thing being bulldozed, etc. I believe I said it was foreign, specifically Russian, money behind the push/project/plans ant the marina/condos to be build in charamicos....not that it matters at this point but that there is a much larger, all encompassing plan by some BIG money/powerful people and that all the politicos are lined up and things are now ramping up and escalating faster and faster.....WHEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!:rofl::rofl: LOLOLOLOL

It's definitely going to continue to impact new visitors and inexperienced or not well connected visitors from coming and returning to Sosua....but from a selfish, non-business owning visitor who does not care for large clubs point of view it improves things and helps get the dynamic back to more, overall, how it was in the "good old days".

I don't like what's happening now as it impacts my friends that live there and have businesses there....but otherwise it seems to be cleaning things up and actually makes things better and easier for me. So if my friends manage to navigate all the bullshit and thrive then there is little potential downside for those with a little experience, local connections and some minimal attempt to speak a little Spanglish.

I have a blast my last few trips and am sure to return again...happily :wink::bigthumbup:

sopranostingray
07-03-2014, 09:32 PM
As of tonight.....All girls must be accompanied by a guy to enter Rumba. Signs are posted. This was the same for Dlatin and it was always packed.

hugrad95a
07-03-2014, 10:22 PM
As of tonight.....All girls must be accompanied by a guy to enter Rumba. Signs are posted. This was the same for Dlatin and it was always packed.

What about a group of girls that what to go out and drink...Rumba used to have regular women there also..

questner
07-03-2014, 11:51 PM
So all us business owners are wrong then? TURISMO is now enforcing ALL business owners to have a cedula and residency. Period. No cards, no business licence.

That is different proposition but is likely totally untrue. Maybe now business licences may be revoked without proper visa or cedula. A link to this law will be appreciated.

If I am a manager of a business (not an owner!) then I have to obtain business visa or work permit etc.

If I am a passive owner, personal or corporate, I can be from Mars with blue sandwich in my pocket.

As for Bar Cental it has always seemed to me (I don't know) that it is part of a hotel and not a separate entity and is leased from the hotel or managed in it's name. Everyone then can enter it at any time of legal age.

ErikS
07-04-2014, 01:03 AM
Ahh come on - ErikS -you know I have nothing but love for you man, BUT, the sky is falling for ............ Over.

Ok, let me repeat, the sky is not falling......but now I gotta say, maybe it's getting a little cloudy? :(

So I got thirsty tonite and decided to go out for a beer and to watch the Yankees. Park the car on Dr Rosen and enter Rombas via the side entrance around 8pm.
Then I do a double take as the place is ABSOLUTELY EMPTY!

I ask the security guard "que pasa." He points to a sign and says "nueva regales" (new rules). And the sign says (in English and Spanish ) "only accompanied ladies allowed".

I ask is this everywhere? And he doesn't know. So I leave and do a quick recon.
some chicas are strolling up and down PC per normal, but most are just milling around at the intersection of PC (Pedro Clisante) and Dr Rosen.

i take a walk and "Hotel Central" has the same sign out front, and is also deserted inside.

But Mergue Bar (aka Hot Peppers, Club 59, etc.) has no sign. security guard doesn't know anything about the new rules and says "of courses chicas are allowed in!"

Same thing at Winners Circle, Bermuda Bar, Lyndas Bar, Chez Montreal, and City Lights.

But the chicas are still all just milling around.
WTF I think. common sense would say, ok, it's early. If they won't let you go into the normal bar you hang out in (rumbas), just find a nearby bar that will let you in. (See list above). But common sense doesn't work well in the DR, so they are still all just milling about just outside "the perimeter".

I really felt like getting a fife and playing "pied piper" and leading them all to City Lights ( which could easily substitute for Rombas). But I didn't. I just let the natural order play out. And by 11pm, all the chicas were lined up in front of the Meregue Bar waiting to pay the entrance fee to go upstairs to Classicos.

So what does this mean? Not completely sure right now. But if they keep it up for more than just a few days, I think Rombas will have to close - and that may be the objective.....Hotel Central is just "collateral damage".

I bumped into a couple of senior ISOC guys tonite, and I'll leave it to them to give you their perspective.
But as for me, hey, I'm perfectly comfortable here. I've got a good thing going and have many resources available to me.
BUT, if this was ten years ago and I was just making my first trip here, and the same shit happened, man I would be pissed and turned off by the place. I'd go elsewhere and never return.

but for those of you/us who are not easily put off, we will just keep doing what has been done for years.
Improvise-Adapt-Overcome!..........and as long as the chicas do that also, things here will change, but remain the same (if you know what I mean).

I just remembered about 6-7 years ago, I took a walk around Sousa with "El Drunko" ( remember him?)
He was telling me how the epi-center of everything used to be located around the bars just outside the Europa. specifically Dominos and the Four Roses. he couldn't believe how things had died there and the action had shifted down the street.

Same thing may happen now.

Buenas Noches., I need my sleep. Apparently a lot going on this weekend around the Victorian House complex

(:-)

leaseno
07-04-2014, 02:53 AM
Rumor or no rumors. I think it is safe to say that Bob was targeted and pressured to leave.

Thanks for the update.

Mr. Smooth
07-04-2014, 06:16 AM
in the middle is the "give-a-fuck-meter" i have. works great on fridays! did i mention i love sosua! i love it for the beaches & the bitches! the brothels and the beers! i loved it before the big christmas crunch 3 years ago and im going to try to love it again! but if i have to ill go to pattaya & bangkok or angeles city. where there are whores you will find me with a passport stamped and dollars in my pocket! lotsa dollars! i will be sad if im not welcome in the Soo but not defeated.

It's a big world out there, dirty rig. Get out there and see it, feel it, taste it. Meet the locals and the ladies. Or just head for a different part of the DR, even Boca Chica. When so much is said and written and worried about over a couple of blocks of one street in one small coastal town, all I can say is, those guys need to get out more.

I'll be in Sosua in a couple of months. I got a very good deal on lodging, so it will be a base for me. I also have a few mates who are retired or work and manage businesses that I hope to catch up with. But for me, Sosua has never been all about a couple hundred yard strip. There's a ton of more intimate spots on the back streets, the side streets, places where you can enjoy the company of a chica and music at a decent level. Sometimes those out of the way places can yield a goldmine in eye candy and a chica who will actually want to be with you, not just for a payday. I know, it's happened many times for me.

In addition, I plan to spend a lot of time in Puerta Plata. Shit...probably half those chicas who hang out in the Pedro bars live there anyway. I'll go to them, see them on their turf, or maybe meet those who don't like Sosua to begin with. Even whores have standards!

Funny you mentioned Pattaya. I just booked my flight and hotel for December. As whore towns go, that place is the "Granddaddy of them all". If the time came where you wanted to forget about Sosua, or the DR in general, then Pattaya will always welcome you with open arms.

givengo440
07-04-2014, 09:36 AM
ErikS & Mr. Smooth I agree with both of you! Yes it may be cloudy at the moment, but it is not the end of the world! Well at least for me and for some it will be just like the closing of Passions (DEATH OF SOSUA). I have planed to be there in July and October, as well as Beijing & Japan in November so the ball will keep rolling for me and a lot of guys. So let me say it like this for those who need it... Fellas get the "F" out of the SU dam! I have always left and gone into the areas where you normally do not see gringos and have had the best of times and you can too. I think the activities will move once again and it looks like the Mary Rose and other establishments down on the far end of town will benefit and I totally fine with that. Yes I play music but being on front street has never been my cup of tea.