PDA

View Full Version : Brazil section should I bother with....

Don Tomas
03-14-2007, 08:55 PM
Check out this test page, a friend of mine is donating her voice but she will NOT say the naughty stuff :( If she would say the naughty stuff I wouldn't even be posting this question....

Should we have sound files? She has done more but I just got the files and decided to put up a quick page before I ask for more.

http://news.insearchofchicas.org/wiki/Brazilian_Phrases

Note: If no I will definitely add links to sites with sound files, and just have text here.

kiddfrost
03-14-2007, 09:05 PM
I think you should add the sound. It's some time difficult to use correct accent when just the word is trying to be read...

PapiQueRico
03-14-2007, 11:40 PM
I think you should add the sound. It's some time difficult to use correct accent when just the word is trying to be read...

This is especially true for Portuguese because there are letters that have different sounds than they have in English, like R and often T.

Ex. The currency is called Rials which is pronounced close to hey-ice

The name Tatianna is pronounce Tachianna

kiddfrost
03-15-2007, 04:09 PM
I know I'm learning Portuguese... And the rolling of the tongue. Damn that crazy...

Gladiator
03-16-2007, 02:35 PM
IMO that's not an essential feature, but it would be a plus.

kiddfrost
03-16-2007, 08:51 PM
I think it would be an added plus... If you speak spanish the you are one step up on most of us... But everyone will need correct accent when speaking any words.