PDA

View Full Version : 10/2014 - How's the Sosua scene now?

glduke
10-28-2014, 03:55 PM
Hey guys,

I haven't seen any new posts lately about the Sosua scene. Is there anything new happening there and how is the quality selection now?

Also, does anyone know how good the deep sea fishing charters are on the eastern side of the country? I'd like to try some fishing if it's not a big hassle or rip off.

Thanks,
glduke

wayne1967
10-28-2014, 06:06 PM
An update I shared w/ a friend just a few days ago.

"Update.

Sosua is alive. Plenty of doable pussy to be had yesternite.

The only problem, and that hasn’t changed from your last visit, is the lack of venues. For me Rancho Tipico is the only choice; I know that for you Rumba is another option.
And maybe Classicos. But that’s it…

On the plus side, all the bars including Bar Central now have tables and chairs on the street. It is a chill, and more outdoorsy atmosphere again.

Overall, is still a decent place but it’s nowhere close to what it used to be."

Hey guys,

I haven't seen any new posts lately about the Sosua scene. Is there anything new happening there and how is the quality selection now?

Also, does anyone know how good the deep sea fishing charters are on the eastern side of the country? I'd like to try some fishing if it's not a big hassle or rip off.

Thanks,
glduke

captain69
10-29-2014, 07:42 AM
There is always action in Sosua! Quality varies by location and day of the week. Fishing charters in the Eastern part of the country(Punta Cana, Bavaro) are over priced. Here on the north coast the fishing is heating up as winter conditions arrive. Charters are much more reasonable here in Sosua, a half day can be enjoyed for $ 400 USD and the boat is all yours.

Al Nyc
10-29-2014, 05:09 PM
An update I shared w/ a friend just a few days ago.

"Update.

Sosua is alive. Plenty of doable pussy to be had yesternite.

The only problem, and that hasn’t changed from your last visit, is the lack of venues. For me Rancho Tipico is the only choice; I know that for you Rumba is another option.
And maybe Classicos. But that’s it…

On the plus side, all the bars including Bar Central now have tables and chairs on the street. It is a chill, and more outdoorsy atmosphere again.

Rancho Tipico!? :confused: Look maybe the place improved since I last visited there in late April,early May, but when I was there all I saw was a bunch o unatttractive Haitian waitress/hostess and bunch of European men. Maybe this place must have improved a lot cause many dudes on this board swear by this place as if it's the beginning and end of Sosua.
Looks like I'll check it out again when I'm in Sosua in early December.:rolleyes:

ezsmile
10-29-2014, 05:31 PM
Rancho Tipico!? :confused: Look maybe the place improved since I last visited there in late April,early May, but when I was there all I saw was a bunch o unatttractive Haitian waitress/hostess and bunch of European men. Maybe this place must have improved a lot cause many dudes on this board swear by this place as if it's the beginning and end of Sosua.
Looks like I'll check it out again when I'm in Sosua in early December.:rolleyes:

Well you wont find attractive OR unattractive pale skinned fat assed Santiagueras that's for sure.

Apos
10-29-2014, 06:52 PM
http://news.insearchofchicas.org/forum/showthread.php?429795-Captain-s-Log-October-10-18-2014&p=1317383#post1317383

And Rancho Tipico was great! I'll get there eventually in my report.

BrooklynBeas
10-29-2014, 07:02 PM
For those that think Sosua is dead or a thing of the past, there are many many other cities to try out and explore... AKA, Sosua is not DR...

Seville
10-29-2014, 07:20 PM

It has been stated on numerous occasions that Rancho Tipico is not for everyone. If you are looking for Dominican putas you won't find them there. There are usually 5 -10 Haitian putas there on any given night; that's about it. If you are looking for NA music you won't find much of that there either. It does not attract a lot of the vacation crowd for those reasons. Depends on your priorities and what you are looking for.

Personally I have not been in a bar on the strip yet this year. I have a lot of fun at Rancho Tipico and have absolutely no interest in Rumbas, Winner Circle or Classicos ect. Like I said; depends on what you are looking for.

QueGuapo
10-29-2014, 10:23 PM
Hey guys,

Thanks,
glduke

seriously? I mean, come on... There are guys that do 3/4 reports every year ( like if every report had something to add to the previous one)

camaro1257
10-30-2014, 12:52 AM
Hey guys,

Thanks,
glduke

I have written 6 Sosua reports this year and the last one was in September.

SrSuerte
10-30-2014, 01:50 AM
I have written 6 Sosua reports this year and the last one was in September.

Really? I am not familiar with your reports. :rofl:

el_papi_chew_low
10-30-2014, 02:04 AM

This is key. You can't compare it to the good old days so don't try to. The good thing about visiting other countries is, it helps you to still appreciate the DR vibe.

Sosua is going through chemo therapy right now and will hopefully survive into something better for all once all the cancer cells are destroyed.

givengo440
10-30-2014, 07:48 AM
For those that think Sosua is dead or a thing of the past, there are many many other cities to try out and explore... AKA, Sosua is not DR... I agree with Beas 1000000000%, but see this is where the geek who turned to sheek when he jumped off the plain has to now take that battery that was put in his back from the point and click action of the SU to the I have to muster up the courage to venture out and deal with chicas beyond my comfort zone. Guess what that is life so it shouldn't be so hard! Man I love DR! Not for the SU but for the 5 weeks spent in Santiago playing basketball, weeks in La Capital, Days in San Francisco De Macoris, La Vega, Puerto Plata, Boca Chica, Moca, and etc... fellas yes we mongers but as a man I am a conqueror by nature and think I can't be with one woman at a time so how long can one destination keep my full interest? Let's go fellas, hell the SU is alive and kicking, no it's not what it used to be and it shouldn't as everything evolves so get after it and get out and learn new places. Happy Hunting S^%$!

Señor JDR of Medellin
10-30-2014, 05:47 PM
Hey guys,

Thanks,
glduke

Well 95% of the posts are in the paid trip report sections.

Señor JDR of Medellin
10-30-2014, 06:02 PM
Really? I am not familiar with your reports. :rofl:

I like you, never heard of the guy?:confused::confused::confused::confused:

Al Nyc
10-30-2014, 11:33 PM
Well you wont find attractive OR unattractive pale skinned fat assed Santiagueras that's for sure.

I'm not looking for that either. I've seen better looking Haitian girls at Bar Central. But hey to each his own.:smile:

Al Nyc
10-30-2014, 11:43 PM
It has been stated on numerous occasions that Rancho Tipico is not for everyone. If you are looking for Dominican putas you won't find them there. There are usually 5 -10 Haitian putas there on any given night; that's about it. If you are looking for NA music you won't find much of that there either. It does not attract a lot of the vacation crowd for those reasons. Depends on your priorities and what you are looking for.

Personally I have not been in a bar on the strip yet this year. I have a lot of fun at Rancho Tipico and have absolutely no interest in Rumbas, Winner Circle or Classicos ect. Like I said; depends on what you are looking for.

I definitely not looking for NA music. I traveled thousands of mile to a latin American country to enjoy the latin American Caribbean experience, the culture, the food, the music and women.
I respect your choice of this place. Would you consider Rancho Tipico to be a Haitian theme bar?:confused:

Apos
10-30-2014, 11:50 PM
Obviously Rancho Tipico is not to your liking....you've been there and read all about it here. Please don't go there! :rolleyes:

While I always get a table it's getting harder and harder to get a seat there.....and no sense wasting any on those that don't like it there. :wink::p

I'm not looking for that either. I've seen better looking Haitian girls at Bar Central. But hey to each his own.:smile:

I definitely not looking for NA music. I traveled thousands of mile to a latin American country to enjoy the latin American Caribbean experience, the culture, the food, the music and women.
I respect your choice of this place. Would you consider Rancho Tipico to be a Haitian theme bar?:confused:

Al Nyc
10-31-2014, 12:05 PM
Obviously Rancho Tipico is not to your liking....you've been there and read all about it here. Please don't go there! :rolleyes:

While I always get a table it's getting harder and harder to get a seat there.....and no sense wasting any on those that don't like it there. :wink::p

Noticing your Avatar, you must be a big fan of Haitian girls. :) If I offended you or anyone, I apologize. Just want to hear about other clubs/places.:)

Señor JDR of Medellin
10-31-2014, 12:07 PM
Noticing your Avatar, you must be a big fan of Haitian girls. :) If I offended you or anyone, I apologize. Just want to hear about other clubs/places.:)

If you offend some, you must offend everyone then.:rofl::rofl::rofl:

JD426
10-31-2014, 01:18 PM

The Disco in the back of what used to be El Flow,, is KICKING.. and I mean on fire.. Even on a Sunday night i was in there, a few weekends ago.. and the DJ in there has this Crazy fast Beat going on at one time.. had not experienced anything like that in a while , the place was just absolutely on freaking fire.. After 3 Santo Libres, I was even up there dancing my ass off, and im an overweight white dude.. He mixed it up real good with Bachata, Salsa, and some new music i had not ever heard.. The dominicans in there and some Guys from the states were just having a great time with the girls, one dude was taking Video with his Camerphone and the Chica he was videoing with her dress just up in the air and panties showing didnt mind at all.
.. It was Couples and singles also with chicas just looking for someone to Dance with and hook up....
I cant recomment this Place Highly enough.. IMO its way better than Classicos ever was, but just much smaller, has a nice Santiago Club feel to it
people are in there to Dance and enjoy the music.. its a little Loud though ,so just beware... If you have not experienced it, u need to get on it..

is that maybe of interest ?

The Sage
10-31-2014, 02:13 PM
If it just wasn't so freakin loud in there. One thing hip hop doesn't do there in Sosua is get the animal spirits going like a good set of dominican music. For those who don't know the club is air-conditioned; however, if you don't have earplugs I recommend not even stepping in the place. Talk about a wall of sound. If you're looking for a local honey for more than a trick you may want to poke your head in and test your luck since a lot of the local girls who are not actively whoring for a living do show up and some of them are looking for someone to ease their financial burden via a quasi novio relationship. Not for everyone, but for those that are attracted to that type of arrangement this place is a good place to look.

The Disco in the back of what used to be El Flow,, is KICKING.. and I mean on fire.. Even on a Sunday night i was in there, a few weekends ago.. and the DJ in there has this Crazy fast Beat going on at one time.. had not experienced anything like that in a while , the place was just absolutely on freaking fire.. After 3 Santo Libres, I was even up there dancing my ass off, and im an overweight white dude.. He mixed it up real good with Bachata, Salsa, and some new music i had not ever heard.. The dominicans in there and some Guys from the states were just having a great time with the girls, one dude was taking Video with his Camerphone and the Chica he was videoing with her dress just up in the air and panties showing didnt mind at all.
.. It was Couples and singles also with chicas just looking for someone to Dance with and hook up....
I cant recomment this Place Highly enough.. IMO its way better than Classicos ever was, but just much smaller, has a nice Santiago Club feel to it
people are in there to Dance and enjoy the music.. its a little Loud though ,so just beware... If you have not experienced it, u need to get on it..

Al Nyc
10-31-2014, 02:32 PM
If you offend some, you must offend everyone then.:rofl::rofl::rofl:

Then I apologize to everyone I offended. Not my intention to do so.
Peace.

Al Nyc
10-31-2014, 02:41 PM

Excellent report JD! I can't wait to check it out.:biggrin:

Al Nyc
10-31-2014, 02:46 PM
If it just wasn't so freakin loud in there. One thing hip hop doesn't do there in Sosua is get the animal spirits going like a good set of dominican music. For those who don't know the club is air-conditioned; however, if you don't have earplugs I recommend not even stepping in the place. Talk about a wall of sound. If you're looking for a local honey for more than a trick you may want to poke your head in and test your luck since a lot of the local girls who are not actively whoring for a living do show up and some of them are looking for someone to ease their financial burden via a quasi novio relationship. Not for everyone, but for those that are attracted to that type of arrangement this place is a good place to look.

Agree, nothing beats a set of good Dominican music pulsating the the night air of Pedro Clisante st.:biggrin:

camaro1257
10-31-2014, 04:43 PM

What is the name of this place and its location?

The Sage
10-31-2014, 04:56 PM
The disco is in the rear of what used to be known as El Flow.

What is the name of this place and its location?

JD426
10-31-2014, 05:02 PM
http://www.sosuanews.com/mobi.php?id=3765&article=1

The seperate entrance to the Disco is on the LEFT side, lookin AT the building..
The doorman is real cool dude too.. does not hassle the chicas with stupid ID request, if she is obviously over 18 .

Apos
10-31-2014, 06:37 PM
Not offended at all sir. Just having a little fun at your expense :D

I do enjoy the company of a sexy Haitiana...but not exclusively by any means.

Where do you like as far as night time entertainment goes?

BrooklynBeas
10-31-2014, 06:51 PM
Hey Camaro, maybe we will take a trip out there and try it soon... who knows... Im down, you? Last time I been in there was the old style, it was hot as fuck but a good place to hang if you wanna listen to the Dominican music.. Last trip I didnt even attempt to go in there... Maybe next time... Im sure we can figure out some dates that work around each others schedule.. To Be Continued...

The Sage
10-31-2014, 08:02 PM
When I was spending a lot of time in town a few years ago a barrio princess from Montellano just struck up a conversation with me one hot crowded Sunday in El Flow. Basically she wanted out of her mother's house where she had been forced to return after her older dominican benefactor had dumped her because she had started to jerk on the leash after she turned 18. Fresh clean look with an ass to die for. The fellows were sitting around like hyenas hoping to close in after I was done. For what ever reason she decided I was the one. We went back an forth for six months before she gave me some pussy. Man, was it worth the wait. Eventually she dumped me because she decided I couldn't be faithful. She tells me one day with a tear in her eye that I was not a good man. I never forget her response to my deciding to go back to LA to work. She asked me why I was leaving. I told her I needed to work because I was running out of money. With these big old puppy dog eyes and a sad look on her face she says, "You don't have to go. You can live with me in Montellano. It won't be expensive". Almost broke my heart when she said it. As Camaro is fond of saying, "todas las mujeres no son igual". She was a sweet good girl I hope she found what she wanted.

Señor JDR of Medellin
10-31-2014, 08:18 PM
Then I apologize to everyone I offended. Not my intention to do so.
Peace.

You need to offend more, apologize less :rofl::rofl::rofl:

Seville
10-31-2014, 11:48 PM

I would not consider it Haitian themed. I would consider it Haitian friendly. They play a set of Haitian music a couple times a night ( don't know any other place that does that) but most music is Latin. I have seen plenty of Dominican couples in there dancing. There are a lot of Europeans in there and they seem to be much more partial to Haitianas than NA guys.

The crowd is usually made up of ex-pats and Europeans for the most part. Like I said there are some Haitian putas hanging out. Some nights the quality is not bad at all and other nights...not so much. Better place to bring a chica with you and party than to go there looking to find a chica.

michel3275
11-01-2014, 09:29 AM
Some bad people there force others to get drunk. :drunk::eldrunko::toast::wasted:

I would not consider it Haitian themed. I would consider it Haitian friendly. They play a set of Haitian music a couple times a night ( don't know any other place that does that) but most music is Latin. I have seen plenty of Dominican couples in there dancing. There are a lot of Europeans in there and they seem to be much more partial to Haitianas than NA guys.

The crowd is usually made up of ex-pats and Europeans for the most part. Like I said there are some Haitian putas hanging out. Some nights the quality is not bad at all and other nights...not so much. Better place to bring a chica with you and party than to go there looking to find a chica.

Irie
11-01-2014, 11:16 AM

The Haitian Embassy east, no? :lol:

Al Nyc
11-01-2014, 06:48 PM
Not offended at all sir. Just having a little fun at your expense :D

I do enjoy the company of a sexy Haitiana...but not exclusively by any means.

Where do you like as far as night time entertainment goes?

Before the crack down, I used to bar hop between Fred's Cuba Bar, Passions, CMP, Sosua Life/Latinos and Classico/Merengue.:lol:

glduke
11-03-2014, 12:41 PM
Are most of the ladies in Sosua offering CBJ or BBBJ these days or does it cost extra?

Thanks

Señor JDR of Medellin
11-03-2014, 12:42 PM
Are most of the ladies in Sosua offering CBJ or BBBJ these days or does it cost extra?

Thanks

Its usually $100 extra.

Seville
11-03-2014, 01:17 PM
Its usually $100 extra.

And well worth the extra expense.:smile:

MrHappy
11-03-2014, 02:29 PM

Thanks

When guys write their reports, they usually specify which girls will give CBJ and which give BBJ and BBJTC. That's probably the easiest way to know who's who.

Señor JDR of Medellin
11-03-2014, 02:30 PM
When guys write their reports, they usually specify which girls will give CBJ and which give BBJ and BBJTC. That's the easiest way to know who is who.

That requires paying for access and actually reading reports.:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

MrHappy
11-03-2014, 02:33 PM
That requires paying for access and actually reading reports.:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

Oh. You mean he hasn't paid for access yet?

That's weird. Most guys pay right away.

Señor JDR of Medellin
11-03-2014, 02:36 PM
Oh. You mean he hasn't paid for access yet?

That's weird. Most guys pay right away.

Actually, many won't or don't.

ezsmile
11-03-2014, 02:52 PM
Some bad people there force others to get drunk. :drunk::eldrunko::toast::wasted:

that has happened to me as well.

One or two of the expat community seem to be the common denominator, so some advice to glduke, watch out for the expats also!

madoyama
12-08-2014, 05:30 PM
There is always action in Sosua! Quality varies by location and day of the week. Fishing charters in the Eastern part of the country(Punta Cana, Bavaro) are over priced. Here on the north coast the fishing is heating up as winter conditions arrive. Charters are much more reasonable here in Sosua, a half day can be enjoyed for $ 400 USD and the boat is all yours.

I thought it was alot cheaper then that, I want to go to Sosua, I have never been. I have been to Punta Cana, Puerto Plata and Santo DOmingo loved them all I was told i'm missing out until I go to Sosua.

JDR
12-08-2014, 06:31 PM
I thought it was alot cheaper then that, I want to go to Sosua, I have never been. I have been to Punta Cana, Puerto Plata and Santo DOmingo loved them all I was told i'm missing out until I go to Sosua.

Different prices for different people. In Boca, I pay 400-500 for a BBBJ.

BrooklynBeas
12-08-2014, 06:37 PM

What you're missing out on, is tons of info compiled by the many frequent travelers on this board... Everything you can think or and more can be found in the trip reports section of the board... Yes, it's not free, but a very small price to get so much info... Just by reading a few reports, you will learn what to pay for just about anything in the DR and other countries... Some of the info comes from mistakes other guys made because they never paid for the access before their trip(s)... The money you save buy knowing, will be much more then the small price of the fee to browse the TR section!

JDR
12-08-2014, 06:40 PM
What you're missing out on, is tons of info compiled by the many frequent travelers on this board... Everything you can think or and more can be found in the trip reports section of the board... Yes, it's not free, but a very small price to get so much info... Just by reading a few reports, you will learn what to pay for just about anything in the DR and other countries... Some of the info comes from mistakes other guys made because they never paid for the access before their trip(s)... The money you save buy knowing, will be much more then the small price of the fee to browse the TR section!

He just joined about an hour ago.

BrooklynBeas
12-08-2014, 06:49 PM
He just joined about an hour ago.

Good move! Luckily I met Jimmy and some other guys on my 2nd or 3rd trip to DR... If I had access to the knowledge before, I wouldn't have made some of the rookie mistakes I made on my first trip... For example, I went with a friend and from what I heard, all the action was off-site, in a casa or establishment... Never knew there was actually "take out service" or how easy it was to get someone back to your room... Not knowing, my first trip I booked a room with my buddy and had 2 queen beds in one room. We thought we were just going to use the room for sleeping,, washing up, and then heading out for fun... Besides that mistake, I didn't know there was a such thing as "Chica friendly hotels"... Back then we stayed at Melia Santo Domingo, had to pay off the security guard to get our chicas in.. When we did have one, the other would stay in the lobby till we finished doing out thing... Man, we were lost back then... lol I still had an amazing time... But when I returned home I googled some things about DR... Found out the place to go back then was Sosua... A few months later, that's where I went and the rest is history...

steviewonder
12-08-2014, 10:07 PM

I hope you realize the $400 in the post you responded was the cost for a 1/2 day fishing charter in Sosua. Also, if deep sea fishing is not your thing, then you'll find all the pussy, hotel, food, drinks, and then more :woohoo:and :drunk: each day less then what a 1/2 day of fishing in the sea:clap: