PDA

View Full Version : 03/2015 - El Flow Closed Down

wayne1967
03-13-2015, 11:36 PM
El Flow, or whatever it is called these days, was closed down tonight.

ezsmile
03-14-2015, 02:03 AM
Do you know if it was just an ordinary closure (such as for renovations, or for lack of patrons), or closed by the authorities for some reason? Is there a "Clausurado" sticker on the door?

madvillian
03-14-2015, 02:28 AM
Is El Flow the one with tables on the sidewalk, directly across from Rumbas and beside the cigar bar?

If it is, there have been a handful of bullet clotheslines handed out to its patrons in the last 2 years.

distantvoyeur
03-14-2015, 06:53 AM
Think it is the Premium Lounge now. It has a BYOB history (Bring Your Own Bullets). More popular with locals than others. Think they just renovated within the last year, put a disco in the back.
I'll be there tonight, will see for myself (glad to be able to say that again!) :smile:

Is El Flow the one with tables on the sidewalk, directly across from Rumbas and beside the cigar bar?

If it is, there have been a handful of bullet clotheslines handed out to its patrons in the last 2 years.

wayne1967
03-14-2015, 08:00 AM
Authorities. Plenty of Policia Nacional.

Not sure about the sticker; walked by as it was un-folding.

Do you know if it was just an ordinary closure (such as for renovations, or for lack of patrons), or closed by the authorities for some reason? Is there a "Clausurado" sticker on the door?

j_d66
03-14-2015, 10:17 AM
Think it is the Premium Lounge now. It has a BYOB history (Bring Your Own Bullets). More popular with locals than others. Think they just renovated within the last year, put a disco in the back.
I'll be there tonight, will see for myself (glad to be able to say that again!) :smile:

That disco in the back has actually been there at least 3 years and was already there when the last renovation occurred.

It is a popular place with the Dominican crowd and fights happen there quite often especially with the young men who over indulge to much there.

As some have mentioned it has also been the seen of several shootings over the years.

Ram
03-14-2015, 02:20 PM
I think the authorities did not like having such a bar in the middle of town. They have used the excuse that they knowingly allow people with weapons into the bar...or at least not checking.

It is what I gleaned, using my very poor Spanish, from this article about it.

(Article in Spanish)

http://www.detrasdelrumor.com.do/en-sosua-el-coba-dispone-el-cierre-de-premium-bar-antiguo-flow/

Translated by Google

Friday afternoon a police contingent led by several supervisors and inspectors Coba, ordered the closure of fun Premium Bar, formerly known as El Flow, located across the street pedro Clisante.

The operation was led by Felix Parra, provincial supervisor of COBA, who in turn was accompanied by inspectors, Orlando Sierra and Julio Martinez, among others, who reported that the decision was taken due to the constant bloody events that occur in Inside the bar which has a small nightclub inside and endangering the lives of the people who come there to have fun.

It is known that between 14 July 2014 and February, two shootings were staged inside the business where their separate two young received multiple gunshot wounds without business owners could explain how it is possible that safety the place they are stationed at the only door and checked even with specialized supposedly all who enter, have allowed the entry of armed people who hurt and endangered the lives of dozens of tourists and locals who were there teams.

It is recalled that there was gunned Luis Barbarian, among other important facts.

The Sage
03-14-2015, 03:09 PM
Yes, I think they concluded that the odds were high that the next person shot would be a tourist. The question now is where are all the older expats who have recently taken to sitting out in front of the place scoping out the scene going to go.

I think the authorities did not like having such a bar in the middle of town. They have used the excuse that they knowingly allow people with weapons into the bar...or at least not checking.

It is what I gleaned, using my very poor Spanish, from this article about it.

(Article in Spanish)

http://www.detrasdelrumor.com.do/en-sosua-el-coba-dispone-el-cierre-de-premium-bar-antiguo-flow/

Translated by Google

Friday afternoon a police contingent led by several supervisors and inspectors Coba, ordered the closure of fun Premium Bar, formerly known as El Flow, located across the street pedro Clisante.

The operation was led by Felix Parra, provincial supervisor of COBA, who in turn was accompanied by inspectors, Orlando Sierra and Julio Martinez, among others, who reported that the decision was taken due to the constant bloody events that occur in Inside the bar which has a small nightclub inside and endangering the lives of the people who come there to have fun.

It is known that between 14 July 2014 and February, two shootings were staged inside the business where their separate two young received multiple gunshot wounds without business owners could explain how it is possible that safety the place they are stationed at the only door and checked even with specialized supposedly all who enter, have allowed the entry of armed people who hurt and endangered the lives of dozens of tourists and locals who were there teams.

It is recalled that there was gunned Luis Barbarian, among other important facts.

wayne1967
03-14-2015, 03:15 PM
The thinning of the ranks (bars) continues.

Who is next? Somebody needs to set up a poll.
Only four other major places available for shut-down (Rumba, Merengue, Bar Central, Rancho Tipico.)

P.S.: Over half way there when counting Passions, CMP, Latinos, D'Latin, and now El Flow.

wayne1967
03-14-2015, 03:25 PM
Supermercado Zoilo.

They can't shut that down. Or can they?:)

Yes, I think they concluded that the odds were high that the next person shot would be a tourist. The question now is where are all the older expats who have recently taken to sitting out in front of the place scoping out the scene going to go.

The Sage
03-14-2015, 03:38 PM
You got that right. They have taken over that place. The only problem is there won't be enough places to sit. As to watching hoes, there are quite a few hoes that live in and around there.

Supermercado Zoilo.

They can't shut that down. Or can they?:)

JD426
03-14-2015, 03:52 PM
That was my favorite Disco.. .the place was loud ( in the back) but it had a really nice vibe to it .
. Very bummed about this.. Gonna really miss that place, hoping maybe its not permanent.

Ram
03-14-2015, 04:18 PM
I suppose Orlando (the old owner) is glad he sold and moved down the road.

Apos
03-14-2015, 04:42 PM
Where is Orlando hanging his hat now?

I suppose Orlando (the old owner) is glad he sold and moved down the road.

el toro
03-14-2015, 05:37 PM
I liked El Flow as a place to chill for a drink of two from time to time. My last trip it was where I'd hang to get away to gather my thoughts away from the more gringo packed places. Plus it was a nice place to take a chica to do lil bachata y merenque on the way to the room.

distantvoyeur
03-14-2015, 06:55 PM
What about the El Flow dog? Did they take it away or will it starve to death. Either way residents at Sosua Suites will be happy......:confused::confused:

Ram
03-14-2015, 07:32 PM
Where is Orlando hanging his hat now?

He opened El Patio Familiar down the road a bit (The fruit stand and restaurant on PC)

camaro1257
03-14-2015, 07:37 PM
Premium Disco Bar & Café (El Flow)

After reading this thread I went to the Premium Disco Bar & Café to see if there was an official notice posted giving the reason for the closure but I found none. I took pictures and could see no official notification from the government.

SeaWeed
03-14-2015, 08:53 PM
when mi was in Sosua years ago.......ElFlow was mi hangout every night....they had the best looking Chica bartender that mi have ever seen to this day.....
ElfFlow had really good eye candy, cheap beers(50 Pesos) and drinks and good music...even though some patrons had pistolas in der waist....
but mi was taking a walk on da wild side then.....Sosua is a far cry from when mi was der last mi guess...too bad....trying to walk the gauntlet of Chicas down PC was fun.......
dem sticking der boobs in your face.......and promising the best time of your life for all night at $1,500 pesos.....please bring back dem days....

The Sage
03-15-2015, 11:33 AM
I remember one bartender from there that would fit your description. I think she was Orlando's sister from Sabaneta. She was a 5'7" brick house. Must of weighed about 145 lbs though it was hard to tell because every inch was distributed perfectly. I truly can't think of another bartender anywhere I've been that was sexier than her. She ended up marrying a young cat from NYC and is probably now there. Every time I saw them together I thought ain't no way he's going to be able to handle that girl because every guy who sees her in NYC is going to try to go after her. She was a special beauty.

when mi was in Sosua years ago.......ElFlow was mi hangout every night....they had the best looking Chica bartender that mi have ever seen to this day.....
ElfFlow had really good eye candy, cheap beers(50 Pesos) and drinks and good music...even though some patrons had pistolas in der waist....
but mi was taking a walk on da wild side then.....Sosua is a far cry from when mi was der last mi guess...too bad....trying to walk the gauntlet of Chicas down PC was fun.......
dem sticking der boobs in your face.......and promising the best time of your life for all night at $1,500 pesos.....please bring back dem days....

j_d66
03-15-2015, 02:20 PM
He opened El Patio Familiar down the road a bit (The fruit stand and restaurant on PC)

I have heard that Orlando used to own Club X as well but I am not sure if he is still the owner or not.

I wouldn't be surprised if Orlando was really the front man for El Flow as well as Club X but it is hard to know who the real owners are of any of these places.

I noticed one night right before it became Premium there was a lady around who appeared to either be a wife or relative and she was clearly throwing her weight around as Orlando was being very compliant with her that night.

She was also rumored as the one responsible for the termination of several of the long time waiters there as well as him selling out.

But who knows if any of that is true for sure, as there is so much talk.

All I care about is a good place to enjoy some cool libations, dance and enjoy some music and chase the chicas. :corky::corky:

madvillian
03-15-2015, 02:41 PM
The thinning of the ranks (bars) continues.

Who is next? Somebody needs to set up a poll.
Only four other major places available for shut-down (Rumba, Merengue, Bar Central, Rancho Tipico.)

P.S.: Over half way there when counting Passions, CMP, Latinos, D'Latin, and now El Flow.

Don't forget to add El Toro to the list of closed bars. I use to like that spot for my early evening pops before going across the street to Rumbas and Dlatins.

http://sosua.me/images/wp-content/uploads/2012/12/8227980796_34d66b4e76_z1.jpg

SeaWeed
03-15-2015, 02:51 PM
I remember one bartender from there that would fit your description. I think she was Orlando's sister from Sabaneta. She was a 5'7" brick house. She was a special beauty.
that sounds like her...she was built to the max....mi couldn't figure out if her boobs were fake or not....maybe they were real........
she was pretty tall and she didn't look like she was too worried about loosing her job there so it makes sense she was related to Orlando...
plus when she didn't show up the rest of the week when mi was der....mi asked one of the guys der if she quit....and he laughed and said no.....so it makes sense she was just helping out when she was in town

wayne1967
03-15-2015, 04:42 PM
Young grasshopper.

Us old-timers know El Toro as Latinos; not to be confused w/ D'Latin.

Don't forget to add El Toro to the list of closed bars. I use to like that spot for my early evening pops before going across the street to Rumbas and Dlatins.

Click to see pic (http://sosua.me/images/wp-content/uploads/2012/12/8227980796_34d66b4e76_z1.jpg)

Ram
03-15-2015, 04:45 PM
Young grasshopper.

Us old-timers know El Toro as Latinos; not to be confused w/ D'Latin.

Remember when it was Sosua Life?

Al Nyc
03-15-2015, 04:52 PM

Click to see pic (http://sosua.me/images/wp-content/uploads/2012/12/8227980796_34d66b4e76_z1.jpg)

I liked El Toro better when it used to be called Sosua Life.

Al Nyc
03-15-2015, 04:55 PM

Ahhh, Yes I do. That when Sosua ruled the world. There were 3 big spots back then, Classico, Sosua Life and Sea Crets.

Ram
03-15-2015, 04:57 PM
Ahhh, Yes I do. That when Sosua ruled the world. There were 3 big spots back then, Classico, Sosua Life and Sea Crets.

Remember when Latino's was across the street upstairs where Harrison's is?

wayne1967
03-15-2015, 04:58 PM
Vaguely.

But wasn't it Latinos-Sosua Life-El Toro?
Or was it Sosua Life before Latinos; can't remember.

Al Nyc
03-15-2015, 05:01 PM
Remember when Latino's was across the street upstairs where Harrison's is?

That must have been before my first time in Sosua. I discovered Sosua in early 2006:biggrin:

balcoach
03-15-2015, 05:07 PM
I have heard that Orlando used to own Club X as well but I am not sure if he is still the owner or not.

I wouldn't be surprised if Orlando was really the front man for El Flow as well as Club X but it is hard to know who the real owners are of any of these places.

I noticed one night right before it became Premium there was a lady around who appeared to either be a wife or relative and she was clearly throwing her weight around as Orlando was being very compliant with her that night.

She was also rumored as the one responsible for the termination of several of the long time waiters there as well as him selling out.

But who knows if any of that is true for sure, as there is so much talk.

All I care about is a good place to enjoy some cool libations, dance and enjoy some music and chase the chicas. :corky::corky:

That woman you speak of is Damarys, his sister and the ex-wife of the former mayor of Sosua, Cespedes. She has the clothing store next to Premium/Flow as well as was the first one to remodel the Hess home after her passed away, that is what is now called the "closed" D'Latin Drink.... And yes she enjoy's BEING the boss.... when they first redid the Hess house and built the original bar, was about the time I had moved to sosua full time for the first time... i was interested in a bar (like an idiot) and had a meeting with her about this location,, renting just the bar, not the home, she quoted me a price of $5000 USDollars a month.. I politely stood up and wished her the best of luck!

Ram
03-15-2015, 05:11 PM
Vaguely.

I first came in 2004 when it was Sosua Life...picked my first Chica from that bar....first and only salida for a bartender.

Ram
03-15-2015, 05:15 PM
Who remembers this place?

whynotme
03-15-2015, 05:46 PM

it didn't last long maybe 2008 ish ?
tried to be a mini passions on the strip but failed

http://news.insearchofchicas.org/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=117754&d=1426454088

j_d66
03-15-2015, 05:53 PM
That woman you speak of is Damarys, his sister and the ex-wife of the former mayor of Sosua, Cespedes. She has the clothing store next to Premium/Flow as well as was the first one to remodel the Hess home after her passed away, that is what is now called the "closed" D'Latin Drink.... And yes she enjoy's BEING the boss.... when they first redid the Hess house and built the original bar, was about the time I had moved to sosua full time for the first time... i was interested in a bar (like an idiot) and had a meeting with her about this location,, renting just the bar, not the home, she quoted me a price of $5000 USDollars a month.. I politely stood up and wished her the best of luck!

Thanks for the clarification makes alot more sense to me now

snoozer
03-15-2015, 06:56 PM

I was there on their opening night. It was doomed to fail being that it backed onto the school.

snoozer
03-15-2015, 07:03 PM
Vaguely.

When I arrived here in 2003 it was a closed down pool hall called Miami Club, or something like that. Then it re-opened as Sosua Life, the next year Willy built the night club in the back and that was called Latinos. It was only changed to El Toro after Willy sold it.

In 2003 there was a Latinos disco on the second floor of the 3 storey building, past Brittania, across from the photo shop. It closed before Willy opened the new Latinos.

Willy also was involved with Seacrets when it was first opened. He gets around!!!

Irie
05-02-2015, 10:05 PM
Premium is open again. There doesn't appear to be many changes other than a few of the big glass panels in front have been removed so it's more open to the street.

j_d66
05-02-2015, 10:13 PM
Premium is open again. There doesn't appear to be many changes other than a few of the big glass panels in front have been removed so it's more open to the street.

So does that mean no more ac in the front?

doesnt matter much to me as that place fell out of favor with me awhile ago

but things change and i am all for giving places a second chance as i had fun there when it was el flow

been to some pretty wild shows in the back when they brought strippers in but will prolly never see those shows again unless willie becomes mayor. Than things could get interesting

JD426
05-02-2015, 10:54 PM
The Disco in the back , if you catch it the right night and the right people are in there, is a lot of fun. as long as you can take the loud music.. Its not for everyone. you gotta be in the mood for it.
But If you are on Pedro C in the late evening its always worth it to stick your head in and see if its to your liking and it does not take nearly as much effort as climbing up those stairs at Classicos after paying admission.. so ya got nothing to lose.
If its the same DJ as before, imo ,he is REALLY good. its a Real DANCE club with an amazing vibe.