PDA

View Full Version : 04/2015 - Hotel Don Antonio Review/Update April 2015

el toro
04-02-2015, 05:19 PM
Just spent 5 nights at Don Antonio. It was my second time staying there and first since the renovations.

- AC was cold
- Plenty of hot water, no water issues at all.
- new flat panel TV - 32in. I believe
- bed was fairly comfortable--not too much squeak.
- WiFi seemed good to me.
- Bathroom was in good/modern condition.
- Kitchenette has plenty of cookware, dishes etc..
- Pool was clean, peaceful and quiet.
- Breakfast was decent for about $200RD including coffee.
- Trash can in bathroom and main room.
- Safe worked fine
- New furniture

Overall, Don Antonio is a great value at $47 per night. It's quiet and laid-back for being so close to the strip. There are plenty of hotels close to the strip that cost more, don't have a kitchenette, and are not a peaceful. It's managed by Obe, a Dominican that speaks English and is very chill and apprecaites the guests. I highly recommend the place for the price. I'm not gonna go Mike Lodge on this thread if anyone disagrees though. lol.

XXX
04-02-2015, 05:41 PM
Obie is awesome,,,,,,,what a nice guy,,,,,

When I had to extend my last trip, and Dpieriro told me they only had a room for one night,,,and not the needed two nights,,,,he hooked me up with a room,and I was very happy,,,,,,

I also liked the bar area,,,,,and I chilled there with my otra chica on this trip,,,,,,

Cant remember the room number,,,but that was because I got caught creepin by my favoritas friend,,,,and I ended up having 6 mamajuanas on my last night ,,,,,,:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Some pics of the room,,,,,

http://news.insearchofchicas.org/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=118232&d=1428010493

http://news.insearchofchicas.org/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=118233&d=1428010501

http://news.insearchofchicas.org/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=118234&d=1428010508

http://news.insearchofchicas.org/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=118235&d=1428010515

http://news.insearchofchicas.org/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=118236&d=1428010523

http://news.insearchofchicas.org/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=118231&d=1428010485

NOTICE THE BEAUTIFUL WASTEBASKET ,,,,,,,,:rolleyes::rofl::rofl::rolleyes:

el toro
04-02-2015, 06:09 PM
Exactly X

Nice pics. Didn't bother posting mine because I took a few this trip and all require way too much editing to look half decent. This hotel update is my report. lol. Yes, I know I'm underachieving. jaja.

Dave Diaz
04-02-2015, 06:09 PM
memoriesss. this is the place i stayed on my first ever mongering trip in 2008. obe is a great host :ilike: i remember that since it was my first solo trip to the island, my family thought i wasnt going to make it back alive so my mom called obe to check in on me :rofl: damn a whole 7 years ago and i think at the time they were just starting the renovations room by room.

nice to see what has been done with the rooms and the hotel in general looks like a completely different place when i looked it up alone.

anyway great place to stay, great location and awesome hotel manager.

thanks for the update toro and agent #9 thanks for the additional pics :ilike:

XXX
04-02-2015, 07:15 PM
Exactly X

Nice pics. Didn't bother posting mine because I took a few this trip and all require way too much editing to look half decent. This hotel update is my report. lol. Yes, I know I'm underachieving. jaja.

No problem man,,,,,,You've contributed enough on here to worry about that shit,,,,, :iconTU:

Most important thing is that you enjoyed your stay,,and had a good time on your trip,,,,,,,

XXX
04-02-2015, 07:24 PM
memoriesss. this is the place i stayed on my first ever mongering trip in 2008. obe is a great host :ilike: i remember that since it was my first solo trip to the island, my family thought i wasnt going to make it back alive so my mom called obe to check in on me :rofl: damn a whole 7 years ago and i think at the time they were just starting the renovations room by room.

nice to see what has been done with the rooms and the hotel in general looks like a completely different place when i looked it up alone.

anyway great place to stay, great location and awesome hotel manager.

thanks for the update toro and agent #9 thanks for the additional pics :ilike:

That's a good mom you got there # 33,,,,,,,,:bigthumbup:

Yeah the room I stayed in was recently renovated,,,,,,,

The Bathroom was brand new,,,,,,,

It's amazing I didn't even know this place was here until Tgunz told me about it,,,,and I happened to check on booking.com for availability, and they were the only place in sosua with a room available on my dates,,,,

It had a little weekend warrior flavor goin on,,,, but not out of control,,,,,,,

I wasn't crazy bout the security guy either,,,,,but it is was it is,,,,

overall I was very happy,,,,,,

Pepp-1
04-02-2015, 08:35 PM
I have stayed at Don Antonio at least 2 to 3 times in the past. Always clean, good hot water, close to the strip. Obe has always been a good host. He looked out for a buddy of mine one time when his luggage was lost by the airline. He called the airport in Puerto Plata, (communicating better than my buddy)luggage delivered the very next day.I never tried the restaurant (don't know why), chilled at the bar though. 200 peso breakfast is definitely worth checkin.

rudy22
04-02-2015, 11:30 PM
I have to agree with every thing said about Obe and his hotel. I have stayed there twice and would book there again. You can beat the value. At another Sousa hotel run by someone we all know wants a $100 deposit before he even hands over the keys or shows the room. First time I booked with Obe he took me to my room that I reserved for a week an said whenever I get a chance I can settle up

XXX
04-03-2015, 08:53 AM
I have to agree with every thing said about Obe and his hotel. I have stayed there twice and would book there again. You can beat the value. At another Sousa hotel run by someone we all know wants a $100 deposit before he even hands over the keys or shows the room. First time I booked with Obe he took me to my room that I reserved for a week an said whenever I get a chance I can settle up

Yeah,,,,,, thats a good point,,,,,

He said the same thing to me,,," well settle up whenever you get a chance"

Guess I was busy,,,,cuz i didnt settle up until an hour before the cab to the airport showed up ,,,,,:rolleyes:

SrSuerte
04-03-2015, 08:57 AM
The first partially negative post is coming from me.....

The only two problems that I have had at Don Antonio's are those mosquitos coming throw those window in the bathroom and kitchen. They just had the wood blinds that could not stop those mosquitos from coming in.

Everything else I agree with. The cleaning lady even had her dad take me to the hospital a few years back when I got sick. The hospital took my insurance and all was well. They held my bags in the office and I did not get charged for the two nights that I was in the Hospital. I checked back in when I got back.

Obe is a great guy.

tgunz
04-03-2015, 09:20 AM
One thing to note is when booking online I believe the name is Las palmas. I believe sosua bay has a different name now too.

tgunz
04-03-2015, 09:22 AM

The only two problems that I have had at Don Antonio's are those mosquitos coming throw those window in the bathroom and kitchen. They just had the wood blinds that could not stop those mosquitos from coming in.

Everything else I agree with. The cleaning lady even had her dad take me to the hospital a few years back when I got sick. The hospital took my insurance and all was well. They held my bags in the office and I did not get charged for the two nights that I was in the Hospital. I checked back in when I got back.

Obe is a great guy.

I was just there. That's not a problem. Nor is street noise. Double pane windows have been installed.

el toro
04-03-2015, 06:46 PM

Obe is a great guy.

The bathroom window now has glass or a plexiglass covering the blinds now.

Hottnickels72
04-03-2015, 10:15 PM
Don antonio has been the only place that i stay at for the last 4 years when ever i'm in sosua. Obe has been an awesome host. Can't imagine staying anywhere else. A few things that I like about there is that it is right across the street from the bus stop. 2nd I could see whats going on in rumbas and on the street from the terrace at don antonios. Sometimes my boy and I would spent over an hour just watching the chicas, learning their habits and seeing who they are leaving rumbas with from the terrace at don antonio. Occasionally we would even call them to come up and chill with us.

Hottnickels72
04-03-2015, 10:27 PM
The only bad thing I could say about don antonios is that the regular security guard has become a little relax over the last few years with the Chicas. Sometimes he let's the chicas that he is cool with on the premise. However, if you are having a good time he is not gonna disturb you. I once was getting my freak on in the pool at don antonios with a chica and he did not once come to bother us. But we did catch him looking at us behind the bushes....hope he enjoyed the show....lol

tgunz
04-04-2015, 12:07 AM
The only bad thing I could say about don antonios is that the regular security guard has become a little relax over the last few years with the Chicas. Sometimes he let's the chicas that he is cool with on the premise. However, if you are having a good time he is not gonna disturb you. I once was getting my freak on in the pool at don antonios with a chica and he did not once come to bother us. But we did catch him looking at us behind the bushes....hope he enjoyed the show....lol

With most of these "watchies" but especailly him, I have learned a little goes a long way. At night maybe I'll grab them a 100 pesos Plato del dia, or a sandwich, maybe a soda. They can't do enough for you after that. If you ever been hungry and thirty. You remember who bought you some food. Your good after that.

el_papi_chew_low
04-05-2015, 04:23 PM
Thanks, last time I walked in there they were booked. This time, I think I will book ahead: http://hotel-las-palmeras.com

Pepp-1
04-05-2015, 09:26 PM
Thanks, last time I walked in there they were booked. This time, I think I will book ahead: http://hotel-las-palmeras.com

Its good to book ahead. Once during low season I thought I could do a walk in, they were booked solid. Luckily Rick was able to accomodate me at the Suites. To say the least I have my room already booked at Don Antonio for my trip this month

bailar
04-06-2015, 02:13 PM
I used them for a number of years and it was good. A few years ago when they started construction in the bar I had to look elsewhere (I will not tolerate living on a construction site when I am on vacation). I ended up finding a few other options and I haven't been back. Obie is a good host and a wealth of info.... I always wanted to tap the darker chica working the bar and in charge when Obie wasn't there but it never happened. Like a friend of mine once told me " you can't fuck all of them".:rofl:

I like the upstairs rooms. Great views on the balcony.....

http://news.insearchofchicas.org/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=17404&d=1305579486

I even remember some fun times in the room.

https://youtu.be/vhxg6KIFUFM

Hottnickels72
04-06-2015, 09:28 PM
I used them for a number of years and it was good. A few years ago when they started construction in the bar I had to look elsewhere (I will not tolerate living on a construction site when I am on vacation). I ended up finding a few other options and I haven't been back. Obie is a good host and a wealth of info.... I always wanted to tap the darker chica working the bar and in charge when Obie wasn't there but it never happened. Like a friend of mine once told me " you can't fuck all of them".:rofl:

I like the upstairs rooms. Great views on the balcony.....

Click to see pic (http://news.insearchofchicas.org/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=17404&d=1305579486)

I even remember some fun times in the room.

https://youtu.be/vhxg6KIFUFM

I know exactly who you are talking about. Did you ever meet her niece. Her niece is just a much younger version of her.

tgunz
04-06-2015, 10:06 PM
I know exactly who you are talking about. Did you ever meet her niece. Her niece is just a much younger version of her.

That bitch hates me... Long story. She still brings up the night I flooded my room over 2 years ago. It was funny watching her clean it up in her high heels in the middle of the night..

Thus trip she told me. What happened to you. You use to be so handsome.. lol

LJDMV
04-07-2015, 05:26 AM
This is great info. Now I have another hotel to consider . I have always liked that it was just a quick walk from the strip, but had never got any good reviews about the place. Because of that I never stayed there. Thanks to all that have posted here about their stay.

el toro
04-07-2015, 06:04 PM
Best way to book I think is email Obe. He responds within 24 hours. Then again, I don't trust booking through any websites for DR hotels.

info@hotel-don-antonio.com

Hottnickels72
04-07-2015, 06:38 PM
Best way to book I think is email Obe. He responds within 24 hours. Then again, I don't trust booking through any websites for DR hotels.

info@hotel-don-antonio.com

never had any problems with my reservations and Obe always finds a way to give me the rooms that I want. When I book, I usually call Obe and then I send him an email to confirm what we discussed.

givengo440
04-15-2015, 12:56 AM
Just spent 5 nights at Don Antonio. It was my second time staying there and first since the renovations.

- AC was cold
- Plenty of hot water, no water issues at all.
- new flat panel TV - 32in. I believe
- bed was fairly comfortable--not too much squeak.
- WiFi seemed good to me.
- Bathroom was in good/modern condition.
- Kitchenette has plenty of cookware, dishes etc..
- Pool was clean, peaceful and quiet.
- Breakfast was decent for about $200RD including coffee.
- Trash can in bathroom and main room.
- Safe worked fine
- New furniture

Overall, Don Antonio is a great value at $47 per night. It's quiet and laid-back for being so close to the strip. There are plenty of hotels close to the strip that cost more, don't have a kitchenette, and are not a peaceful. It's managed by Obe, a Dominican that speaks English and is very chill and apprecaites the guests. I highly recommend the place for the price. I'm not gonna go Mike Lodge on this thread if anyone disagrees though. lol.
I was there in April as well and wow the price is $47 now... Hay still a very nice price for location, security, and Obe (the manager). He said they updated the rooms and were actually doing away with the name Don Antonio slowly but surely as there was a sign on the wall at the back back of the pool with the new name large and Don A a lot smaller. Great place to stay and with the new bar and business center its a go.

LJDMV
07-23-2015, 09:31 PM
Anyone stay here since April 2015 when this was put up?