PDA

View Full Version : 04/2015 - Boca Chica April 17-21

morpheus_630
04-07-2015, 07:35 PM
By way of introduction:

I can't exactly call myself a "Lurker" -- that would imply that I logged in, read the boards and didn't contribute. Nope... I created a login for myself a while back, and never really used it. I immediately saw the value in the paid membership though, so once I started I've been reading like crazy. There's a lot of information here.

Anyway I've postponed my first DR trip at least six times by now. Whether wingmen flaked, I chickened out, or unforeseen budget constraints... But now I'm finally making my first trip.

Flight is booked and paid.
Hotel is booked and paid.
PTO from work is auto-approved.
Spending money is locked up.

This is happening.

Thanks to you all for sharing your experiences and perspectives. Because of you, I expect my vacation to be safer and more enjoyable than it may otherwise have been.

Cheers,

morpheus

Jimmydr
04-07-2015, 07:37 PM
Anyway I've postponed my first DR trip at least six times by now. Whether wingmen flaked, I chickened out, or unforeseen budget constraints... But now I'm finally making my first trip.

Before the boards, I would never go alone but after the boards, i am never alone.

Jimmydr
04-07-2015, 07:38 PM
Hotel is booked and paid.

morpheus

And that hotel is?

Skynyrd
04-07-2015, 08:07 PM
Have a great trip, you will love Boca its a nice laid back place to get your feet wet.

morpheus_630
04-07-2015, 08:25 PM
Before the boards, I would never go alone but after the boards, i am never alone.

Well said!

morpheus_630
04-07-2015, 08:28 PM
Im not going to bombard the board with a bunch of n00b questions, since I know (and enjoy) the search function...

What I will do instead, is let you all in on some of my plans. That way, if anything is glaringly fucking stupid or dangerous, I'm sure someone will chime in and I will reconsider.

My goal for this trip is quality over quantity. That goes for chicas, food, booze, everything. From what I've read, I can afford to be picky. So I don't intend to settle for the first or second opportunity presented. I'm actually content just to be on a tropical vacation, hang at the beach and eat huge cheap delicious meals. I'm extremely easygoing.

But make no mistake... I also <3 toto.

Since I'm traveling alone I'm packing really light. Like, a backpack. I'm not bringing any valuables, jewelry, gifts, or anything that would upset me if it was lost, stolen or destroyed. I won't let chicas outnumber me in my room, and I'm restricting my alcohol intake outside of the hotel.

Fri Apr 17 I leave Newark airport ~8PM. Assuming I survive the flight, I arrive in Santo Domingo ~midnight.
I'm going to change over some currency right then and there, to get it over with.
Then I will take a taxi to The Garant, freshen up and "settle in"
That first night I'm just looking to get acclimated and observe the way things work... but if I see something I like, I will go for it.

Saturday early I plan to find a ST, then an afternoon nap. I'm not sleeping Saturday night.

Sunday/Monday I'm looking to lock in a TLN pretty early in the game so I don't have to keep thinking about it.

And then Tue Apr 21 I fly out of SDQ with a grin on my face, and a couple chicas on the ground crying "No me dejas, papi!"

So that's Plan A. hahahaha... for the next ten days I'm going to continue reading the hell out of this forum and filling in the details.

I thank you all in advance for your feedback.

- morpheus

P.S. now i have to thank you in arrears... you guys respond really quick!

Jimmydr
04-07-2015, 08:32 PM
Im not going to bombard the board with a bunch of n00b questions, since I know (and enjoy) the search function...

What I will do instead, is let you all in on some of my plans. That way, if anything is glaringly fucking stupid or dangerous, I'm sure someone will chime in and I will reconsider.

My goal for this trip is quality over quantity. That goes for chicas, food, booze, everything. From what I've read, I can afford to be picky. So I don't intend to settle for the first or second opportunity presented. I'm actually content just to be on a tropical vacation, hang at the beach and eat huge cheap delicious meals. I'm extremely easygoing.

But make no mistake... I also <3 toto.

I been back over 6 times and in any day, you will see a few dozen different chicas thru out the day.

Jimmydr
04-07-2015, 08:33 PM
Fri Apr 17 I leave Newark airport ~8PM. Assuming I survive the flight, I arrive in Santo Domingo ~midnight.
I'm going to change over some currency right then and there, to get it over with.
Then I will take a taxi to The Garant, freshen up and "settle in"
That first night I'm just looking to get acclimated and observe the way things work... but if I see something I like, I will go for it.

Garant takes USD and you can change the money in Boca. airport is a rip off

Jimmydr
04-07-2015, 08:35 PM
Have a great trip, you will love Boca its a nice laid back place to get your feet wet.

We will have a great July trip, just the 8 of us.:corky:

Jimmydr
04-07-2015, 08:38 PM
My last trip.

http://news.insearchofchicas.org/forum/showthread.php?429954-11-2014-Trip-50-santo-Domingo-Boca-Chica

morpheus_630
04-07-2015, 08:51 PM
Garant takes USD and you can change the money in Boca. airport is a rip off

I assumed the airport would be a ripoff, but my concern is that it would already be midnight.
If li'l morph refuses to pipe down, is someplace open at that hour, so I can get pesos and feed him?
I can't have him yelling at me all night while I wait for a place to open... especially when I know full well that people all around me are smashing it at that very moment:wackit:

That reminds me, how thin are the walls at Garant?

morpheus_630
04-07-2015, 08:55 PM
My last trip.

http://news.insearchofchicas.org/forum/showthread.php?429954-11-2014-Trip-50-santo-Domingo-Boca-Chica

Oh yes, I've already read that one twice lol. I will read it again.
You see my 75 Thank yous? I'm one grateful motherfucker!

BTW I was wondering what's GBD? I pulled up nil when I searched (which was odd, because it should have at least pulled up the report i'm referencing), and nothing on urban dictionary. I googled too.

Jimmydr
04-07-2015, 08:55 PM
I assumed the airport would be a ripoff, but my concern is that it would already be midnight.
If li'l morph refuses to pipe down, is someplace open at that hour, so I can get pesos and feed him?
I can't have him yelling at me all night while I wait for a place to open... especially when I know full well that people all around me are smashing it at that very moment:wackit:

That reminds me, how thin are the walls at Garant?

Just use the ATM at the airport then. Walls are thick enough.

Jimmydr
04-07-2015, 08:56 PM
Oh yes, I've already read that one twice lol. I will read it again.
You see my 75 Thank yous? I'm one grateful motherfucker!

BTW I was wondering what's GBD? I pulled up nil when I searched (which was odd, because it should have at least pulled up the report i'm referencing), and nothing on urban dictionary. I googled too.

Its a casa in the Capital with 6-10 chicas. 1,000 for an hour.

Skynyrd
04-08-2015, 04:38 AM
You are right at Midnight 1am all the money changers in Boca will be closed, so just get 4 or 5000 at the Airport to get you started then change the rest the following day, You will see several on the main drag with signs showing the rates.

Skynyrd
04-08-2015, 04:39 AM

INVASION !!!!! Im READY !!!!

Westy
04-08-2015, 03:49 PM

INVASION !!!!! Im READY !!!!

Same here! All but booking the flights ... Copa, or JetBlue? (Decisions, decisions....)

Dave Diaz
04-08-2015, 04:58 PM
Its a casa in the Capital with 6-10 chicas. 1,000 for an hour.2 for 1500! if you are feeling up for it. but the action all goes down on site, take out is more expensive and probably leaves you open for an upcharge or inflated pricing.i too found a thread on here regarding that gbp place and then the thread disappeared. i got directions off a google search and looking through. used the direction when taking a taxi and i was able to get there a few times.

Jimmydr
04-08-2015, 06:17 PM
2 for 1500! if you are feeling up for it. but the action all goes down on site, take out is more expensive and probably leaves you open for an upcharge or inflated pricing.i too found a thread on here regarding that gbp place and then the thread disappeared. i got directions off a google search and looking through. used the direction when taking a taxi and i was able to get there a few times.

My wingman had one come by at a fair price.

cookemup71
04-09-2015, 10:24 AM
get a 100 in small bills......cab 40.00
you don't need pesos at 12 am........

Westy
04-09-2015, 12:15 PM
Same here! All but booking the flights ... Copa, or JetBlue? (Decisions, decisions....)
American. Booked the flight - arriving 9 PM at SDQ, July 3rd. Locked, loaded, and ready to go.

Jimmydr
04-09-2015, 05:59 PM
get a 100 in small bills......cab 40.00
you don't need pesos at 12 am........

It should be no more than $25.

Jimmydr
04-09-2015, 09:30 PM
American. Booked the flight - arriving 9 PM at SDQ, July 3rd. Locked, loaded, and ready to go.

Its a party!!!

j_d66
04-09-2015, 09:59 PM
By way of introduction:

morpheus

It's good that you decided to take the plunge. You won't regret it.

I long ago decided that if I was gonna wait for a buddy to take a trip I would never go anywhere as they will always have an excuse.

Once you decide to do it for you things get much simpler and more enjoyable.

Plus you will have the opportunity to make new friends and you can do what you want when you want.

That's a pretty good thing imo

Enjoy your trip. The time will fly by. :iconTU:

Jimmydr
04-10-2015, 06:10 PM
It's good that you decided to take the plunge. You won't regret it.

I long ago decided that if I was gonna wait for a buddy to take a trip I would never go anywhere as they will always have an excuse.

Once you decide to do it for you things get much simpler and more enjoyable.

Plus you will have the opportunity to make new friends and you can do what you want when you want.

That's a pretty good thing imo

Enjoy your trip. The time will fly by. :iconTU:

Just go.

Jimmydr
04-11-2015, 09:23 AM
You know what, Johnny can't go, who needs Johnny.

Going to many spots, there are many many board members around from various boards.

It is nice when you can just buy your tickets and book your room and just go.

morpheus_630
04-18-2015, 09:03 AM
First morning here. It's pretty unreal.

Jimmydr
04-18-2015, 09:07 AM
First morning here. It's pretty unreal.

Have you found our place on the beach to have breakfast yet?

http://news.insearchofchicas.org/forum/showthread.php?429299-07-2014-Village-on-the-Beach-Boca-Chica

morpheus_630
04-20-2015, 07:22 AM
Have you found our place on the beach to have breakfast yet?

http://news.insearchofchicas.org/forum/showthread.php?429299-07-2014-Village-on-the-Beach-Boca-Chica

I think so. Out front of the Garant? Alicia made me a couple eggs over east, salcichon and mangú.

I defaulted back here after getting lost in search of a sunrise coffee.

Jimmydr
04-20-2015, 08:28 AM
I think so. Out front of the Garant? Alicia made me a couple eggs over east, salcichon and mangú.

I defaulted back here after getting lost in search of a sunrise coffee.

That is not on the beach.:corky:

greydread
04-20-2015, 09:09 AM
That is not on the beach.:corky:

Down the hill to Duarte take a right, a block past the bank on the left is a little coffee shop that you can smell from 1,000'. 50 pesos for the best espresso in Boca.

There's a gua gua stop across the street and you can sit and sip and watch the day workers roll in and watch the night workers roll out.

Hanzo
04-20-2015, 04:14 PM
I have to be missing something in regards to Boca Chica, in the sense that I've never been to the strip at night. I've only gone to the beach, and I still say it's the worst beach I've ever visited in all of the DR, about three trips ago, I took my WM Dmoney there for the first time, the first few dozen words out of his mouth, were commenting how run down, and dirty Boca Chica was.

tgunz
04-20-2015, 04:42 PM
I have to be missing something in regards to Boca Chica, in the sense that I've never been to the strip at night. I've only gone to the beach, and I still say it's the worst beach I've ever visited in all of the DR, about three trips ago, I took my WM Dmoney there for the first time, the first few dozen words out of his mouth, were commenting how run down, and dirty Boca Chica was.

I didn't find the beach that bad. If you didn't like the day, Imo the night is even worst. But the chicas were defiantly the worst selection I've scene over all both day and night. Kinda like the mayorista of Dominican Republic.

Hanzo
04-20-2015, 04:44 PM
I didn't find the beach that bad. If you didn't like the day, Imo the night is even worst. But the chicas were defiantly the worst selection I've scene over all both day and night. Kinda like the mayorista of Dominican Republic.

Oh no, I've seen the BC chica selection, and it's absolute the pits, lol. Boca Chica has the worst selection of freelance whores I've seen in the DR, and that's saying something when you've walked the Malecon at night!

greydread
04-20-2015, 07:39 PM

Boca Chica attracts many freelancers from Santo Domingo on tge weekends and if it's watersports one wants then Juan Dolio is just down the road. The mongering is hit or miss. I've been there on Thursday and thejoint was jumping with fresh faces everywhere and then Friday and Saturday...nothing.

The attraction for me is it's a much slower pace than SD but close enough to commute with ease when I want to hang out there. I can't speak for anyone else.

greydread
04-20-2015, 07:44 PM
Oh no, I've seen the BC chica selection, and it's absolute the pits, lol. Boca Chica has the worst selection of freelance whores I've seen in the DR, and that's saying something when you've walked the Malecon at night!

The selection improves as one gets farther away from ave. Duarte. The ex pats around there have shown us around to a few spots off the point and click menu.

morpheus_630
04-21-2015, 03:30 AM
It's been quite the experience. I hope to have a full report up, before you guys get here for INVASION.

you guys have been very helpful, even if I didn't read correctly lol... hopefully I can contribute back in some way with my limited experience

morpheus_630
04-21-2015, 03:33 AM
Was made to feel unwelcome at an empty Tortuga bar

morpheus_630
04-21-2015, 05:50 AM
Down the hill to Duarte take a right, a block past the bank on the left is a little coffee shop that you can smell from 1,000'. 50 pesos for the best espresso in Boca.

There's a gua gua stop across the street and you can sit and sip and watch the day workers roll in and watch the night workers roll out.

En Route!

greydread
04-21-2015, 07:41 AM
It's been quite the experience. I hope to have a full report up, before you guys get here for INVASION.

you guys have been very helpful, even if I didn't read correctly lol... hopefully I can contribute back in some way with my limited experience
Any new intel is appreciated. Have you hit any of Boca's numerous little casas yet? A moto guy with no moto and I went on a walking tour of a half dozen of them once and I couldn't find one of them again if I tried. They all looked like residences from the outside.

It's good to talk with the locals and find one you can trust to show you what most BC tourists never see. It's the kind of town that you go into with low expectations and get nicely surprised.

Hunter
04-21-2015, 08:20 AM
Any new intel is appreciated. Have you hit any of Boca's numerous little casas yet? A moto guy with no moto and I went on a walking tour of a half dozen of them once and I couldn't find one of them again if I tried. They all looked like residences from the outside.

It's good to talk with the locals and find one you can trust to show you what most BC tourists never see. It's the kind of town that you go into with low expectations and get nicely surprised.

You gonna book the invasion Grey?

greydread
04-21-2015, 08:26 AM
You gonna book the invasion Grey?

I'm thinking about it, watching the fares. Either there or JA island for a few days. I got a big trip planned for September. Going far, far away.

morpheus_630
04-21-2015, 08:27 AM

I gotchu bro! I was suckered early on by a tour guide/wingman for hire. I think I got my money's worth but it was quite expensive.

Anyway he took me to Casa Iraisa where I had a crazy two hour session. After I finally ditched him, I managed to navigate there myself for TLN salida. It's about a 10-15 minute walk from Garant, and a two minute taxi ride back (after a twenty minute wait for a fuckin taxi.

I'm taking off after desayuno but more complete details and
a proper TR follow.

Manolo - across from the park and a quarter block in from the beach - looks promising for *Brunch. Earlier on there are grown ass men bathing in the alley. That's not my idea of a tranquil sunrise coffee/breakfast.

greydread
04-21-2015, 08:30 AM
I gotchu bro! I was suckered early on by a tour guide/wingman for hire. I think I got my money's worth but it was quite expensive.

Anyway he took me to Casa Iraisa where I had a crazy two hour session. After I finally ditched him, I managed to navigate there myself for TLN salida. It's about a 10-15 minute walk from Garant, and a two minute taxi ride back (after a twenty minute wait for a fuckin taxi.

a proper TR follow.

Manolo - across from the park and a quarter block in from the beach - looks promising for *Brunch. Earlier on there are grown ass men bathing in the alley. That's not my idea of a tranquil sunrise coffee/breakfast.

Have you dined on the beach side of Village On The Beach? I love that place and the food is excellent.

Hunter
04-21-2015, 08:36 AM

a proper TR follow.

Yeah directions on how to get there. Dont think Jimmy knows about that one because I cant remember him tellng me about that place...

Jimmydr
04-21-2015, 08:45 AM
I'm thinking about it, watching the fares. Either there or JA island for a few days. I got a big trip planned for September. Going far, far away.

I thought you said you were in?

greydread
04-21-2015, 08:50 AM
I thought you said you were in?

Tentatively. You know I can be easily distracted by the opposite sex. Daam.

Jimmydr
04-21-2015, 09:13 AM
Tentatively. You know I can be easily distracted by the opposite sex. Daam.

You will be missed.

greydread
04-21-2015, 10:30 AM
You will be missed.

I know you guys will have a hella good time with or without me. You'll have the Garant on lockdown like cash money bruthas at the Carter.

My only hold up is I gotta work a sand-to-the-beach trip in before Summer's out. I'll work it all out in a month and have the entire summer planned, if not the year.

Westy
04-21-2015, 01:34 PM
I got a fare in the low $500s on American Airlines' website this morning. (Or it would have been, if I hadn't decided to fly up front for the trip home.) Both flights (down and back) leave about lunchtime and arrive just after 9 PM.

(Now I'm looking at flights to Manila for December ... wondering if this is a good time to buy? AA has round trips in coach for about $1100, and that'll help me charge the $3000 in 3 months I need to get the 40,000 bonus points.)

greydread
04-21-2015, 04:46 PM
Xmas and Easter are the only time it pays to buy early. Nothing irks me more than seeing people on the same plane flying $100 cheaper. I usually do bookings to the DR starting at 6 weeks out when the prices start to drop and buy before 3 weeks out when they jump back up, especially on AA.

greydread
04-21-2015, 04:49 PM
Then I wait until the day of to see if I want to upgrade. Less than 100 bucks each way out of MIA I'm in.