PDA

View Full Version : 05/2015 Rumba's shut down????

WickedWillie
05-20-2015, 10:57 AM
I'm hearing that Rumba has this morning been closed by the tax authorities.

Anyone on the ground to confirm????

WickedWillie
05-20-2015, 11:15 AM
It's confirmed that Rumba and Premium (El Flow) have been closed by DGA for tax irregularities.

It's going to be an entertaining weekend ahead.:rofl::rofl::rofl:

MyTio
05-20-2015, 11:28 AM
that sucks thank for the information

tgunz
05-20-2015, 11:29 AM
I see big mommas picking up the slack. I like the set up there. It would be nice to see them get going.

Seville
05-20-2015, 11:38 AM
I see big mommas picking up the slack. I like the set up there. It would be nice to see them get going.

You are probably right about that.

j_d66
05-20-2015, 11:43 AM
They won't be closed long.

Can't pay those taxes and fines if there is no revenue coming in.

The chicas and the customers will adapt and find somewhere else to hang their hat in the mean time.

WickedWillie
05-20-2015, 11:50 AM

True, every smaller bar will benefit somewhat until they get their affairs sorted out. I see Merengue being the bigger winner.

The evangelical meeting outside Rumba last week is surely no coincident.

and ya think Willy El Chamo hasn't got his hand in this somewhere

Irie
05-20-2015, 11:55 AM
They won't be closed long.

Can't pay those taxes and fines if there is no revenue coming in.

The chicas and the customers will adapt and find somewhere else to hang their hat in the mean time.

some said that about D'Latins as well. (granted, two unrelated reasons for closure)

j_d66
05-20-2015, 12:02 PM
some said that about D'Latins as well. (granted, two unrelated reasons for closure)

You got me on that one I never thought DLatin would be closed for this long

Neither place really matters that much to me. The chicas will just move someplace else.

Like Tgunz said might be the perfect opportunity for Big Mommas/City Lights to establish themselves

or maybe DLatin will get the green light again

BrooklynBeas
05-20-2015, 12:26 PM
I've got an idea... How bout the Sosua regulars change location and start venturing out and see the country a little...

DR is not Sosua only...

steviewonder
05-20-2015, 12:42 PM
They won't be closed long. Can't pay those taxes and fines if there is no revenue coming in.

That, and it's the lowest of low season:( If it wasn't for the fight several weeks ago, Sosua in May would be like going to a funeral on Christmas Day.

WickedWillie
05-20-2015, 12:46 PM
Pics borrowed from another site

http://news.insearchofchicas.org/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=120163&d=1432140138

http://news.insearchofchicas.org/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=120164&d=1432140139

From what the sign says they are in violation of this code.

http://www.dgii.gov.do/legislacion/reglamentos/Documents/254-06.pdf

WickedWillie
05-20-2015, 12:47 PM
I've got an idea... How bout the Sosua regulars change location and start venturing out and see the country a little...

DR is not Sosua only...

Oh fuck, hell no.:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

JD426
05-20-2015, 12:52 PM
and I loved that Premium Disco.. .now I cant get my Dance on ??

wtf...

WickedWillie
05-20-2015, 12:55 PM
That, and it's the lowest of low season:( If it wasn't for the fight several weeks ago, Sosua in May would be like going to a funeral on Christmas Day.

This video sums it up

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=slmb4ZZ5pkY

WickedWillie
05-20-2015, 12:56 PM
and I loved that Premium Disco.. .now I cant get my Dance on ??

wtf...

You'll have to learn Kompa and come to Rancho Tipico...but leave your water bottle behind.:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

JD426
05-20-2015, 01:02 PM
This video sums it up

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=slmb4ZZ5pkY

Gonna need a Dominican IP address though, its blocked in the USA for Copyright reasons

just fyi

WickedWillie
05-20-2015, 01:05 PM
Gonna need a Dominican IP address though, its blocked in the USA for Copyright reasons

just fyi

Don't you just hate that copyright bullshit.:mad::mad::mad:

The track is 'Ghost Town' by The Specials. Lyrics are spot on.

dquick
05-20-2015, 01:41 PM

DR is not Sosua only...

Hold on. THERE NO BETTER PLACE IN THE WORLD THAN SOSUA!!

There are plenty of others bars, a beach, disco, and an EXCELLENT Hotel.

.....ummmm Not that I am bias or anything.

WickedWillie
05-20-2015, 02:05 PM
A hoe about to Whatsapp the pic to her amigas with the caption 'where will we find Camaro now!'

http://news.insearchofchicas.org/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=120165&d=1432144849

(Pic taken from another site)

camaro1257
05-20-2015, 04:42 PM
A hoe about to Whatsapp the pic to her amigas with the caption 'where will we find Camaro now!'

Click to see pic (http://news.insearchofchicas.org/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=120165&d=1432144849)

(Pic taken from another site)

...you know one place you will not see me in...:wink:

Hanzo
05-20-2015, 07:16 PM

DR is not Sosua only...

If a person is a Sosua regular, I'm going to assume it's because the point, and click aspect out weights any other factor they really care about, no other place in DR provides that, so why would they want to go anywhere else?

I will say this, I'm not much of a fan of Sosua, but I will never knock someone if they only felt like making trips exclusively for Sosua again (as I've done relentlessly in the past), it gets the job done, plenty of able, and willing chicks there

JD426
05-20-2015, 07:43 PM
The Latest Rumor on the other board now is that the Taxes WERE paid for Rumba , Receipts were shown.
and Premium it was some Recordkeeping error with the name change ?
And that They would be open TONIGHT or by Tomorrow..

wtf ?

what a complete idiotic waste of time & energy ... ( if this is all true of course)

deezl
05-20-2015, 07:46 PM
If a person is a Sosua regular, I'm going to assume it's because the point, and click aspect out weights any other factor they really care about, no other place in DR provides that, so why would they want to go anywhere else?

I will say this, I'm not much of a fan of Sosua, but I will never knock someone if they only felt like making trips exclusively for Sosua again (as I've done relentlessly in the past), it gets the job done, plenty of able, and willing chicks there

there are other factors too, friends in the area, the beach/beaches, it's small so it's easy & quick to navigate/walkable, some pretty good restaurants, etc

Jimmydr
05-20-2015, 07:56 PM
some pretty good restaurants, etc

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

Apos
05-20-2015, 10:30 PM
This is what I heard this morning. I was not in town tonight but will look tomorrow.

The Latest Rumor on the other board now is that the Taxes WERE paid for Rumba , Receipts were shown.
and Premium it was some Recordkeeping error with the name change ?
And that They would be open TONIGHT or by Tomorrow..

wtf ?

what a complete idiotic waste of time & energy ... ( if this is all true of course)

camaro1257
05-21-2015, 06:58 AM
Pedro Clisante May 20, 2015

Rumbas & Premium Sports Bar

Both Rumbas and the Premium Sports bar were closed by the government on May 20th apparently there were some tax discrepancies that should be resolved shortly. I went to Sosua after dark to investigate and it felt strange seeing Rumba with its doors closed and no lights on either in the club or the restaurant.

Chez Mon Real Restaurant

Early in the evening the Rumba crowd went to Chez Mon Real Restaurant on the corner of Dr Rosen and Pedro Clisante. Motos were lined up outside, people congregated outside standing and sitting in outdoor seating along with a large crowd inside gathered at the bar and standing in different parts of the club.

City Lights Night Club

City Lights Night Club is the only place on Pedro Clisante that has the same feel as Rumbas with the space to entertain Rumbas crowds. It is an open air venue with a club in back and rooms on site that are available for rent. I checked in the early evening and later at night and there was no significant crowd in City Lights at either time. It makes no sense why the crowd will not relocate to City Lights, your guess is as good as mine.

Classicos, Merengue, Club X & Winners Circle

As usual Classicos was the spot to be and the most crowded on Pedro Clisante. It was rumored they were charging 500 pesos cover charge but I found that to be untrue they were charging their normal 200 pesos.
Merengue, Club X and Winners Circle were all light crowds due to it being a Wednesday night and it was raining on and off during the night.
The usual crowd gathered outside of Classicos and subsequently dispersed after Classicos closed.

The future remains to be seen for the clubs on Pedro Clisante.

Westy
05-21-2015, 01:00 PM
there are other factors too, friends in the area, the beach/beaches, it's small so it's easy & quick to navigate/walkable, some pretty good restaurants, etc
Familiarity is a reasonable reason to keep going to the Su. So is Playa de Sosua; it's a good, fairly-well-sheltered beach, with plenty of eye candy on display, and those beach-basic restaurants and shops add to the experience. For me, though, there is also Sosua Bay and the coral reefs.

My first visit to the DR was to Blackbeard's, prompted by things I'd read on ISG (before I'd heard of ISOC). I took a couple of scuba-diving trips from there ... problem was, I need a decent breakfast (low blood sugar, more properly functional hyperinsulinism) and the kitchen doesn't open till after I left for the dive trip. Plus, it was a 45-minute drive to the dive boat - on the El Batey end of Playa de Sosua.

Since then, I've been staying in Sosua, with the exception of an "invasion" trip with the I Found The Chicas crowd to Field of Dreams. Why drive 45 minutes and miss breakfast when I can walk to the dive boat in less than 10 minutes from Casa Cayena, or less than 5 minutes from Victorian House? After all, the real charm of Sosua, for me, is that I can enjoy both scuba-diving and mongering in the same neighborhood.

(Of course, Jimmy keeps telling me I can do the same in Boca Chica. Six weeks till I find out for myself....)

JD426
05-21-2015, 01:04 PM
A witness on the other board now says RUMBAS IS BACK OPEN..

but Premium Disco and Bar is still CERRADO....

just FYI .

so back to normal.. which is the crazyness, which is Sosua..

tgunz
05-21-2015, 05:13 PM
Familiarity is a reasonable reason to keep going to the Su. So is Playa de Sosua; it's a good, fairly-well-sheltered beach, with plenty of eye candy on display, and those beach-basic restaurants and shops add to the experience. For me, though, there is also Sosua Bay and the coral reefs.

My first visit to the DR was to Blackbeard's, prompted by things I'd read on ISG (before I'd heard of ISOC). I took a couple of scuba-diving trips from there ... problem was, I need a decent breakfast (low blood sugar, more properly functional hyperinsulinism) and the kitchen doesn't open till after I left for the dive trip. Plus, it was a 45-minute drive to the dive boat - on the El Batey end of Playa de Sosua.

Since then, I've been staying in Sosua, with the exception of an "invasion" trip with the I Found The Chicas crowd to Field of Dreams. Why drive 45 minutes and miss breakfast when I can walk to the dive boat in less than 10 minutes from Casa Cayena, or less than 5 minutes from Victorian House? After all, the real charm of Sosua, for me, is that I can enjoy both scuba-diving and mongering in the same neighborhood.

(Of course, Jimmy keeps telling me I can do the same in Boca Chica. Six weeks till I find out for myself....)

If you have any kind of standards , pickings are really slim in boca. If you e monger keep your contacts informed of your dates. Also, the pace is much slower. Depending on what you like that could be both good and bad. I enjoyed myself in the day , but the night life to me was lacking.

Apos
05-21-2015, 05:19 PM
Both are now open when I walked by.

A witness on the other board now says RUMBAS IS BACK OPEN..

but Premium Disco and Bar is still CERRADO....

just FYI .

so back to normal.. which is the crazyness, which is Sosua..

camaro1257
05-22-2015, 04:34 AM
Pedro Clisante May 21, 2015

Rumbas & Premium Sports Bar

Both Rumbas and the Premium Sports bar were re-opened apparently there were some tax discrepancies that have been resolved. Rumba was crowded as ever however Premium Sports Bar was dead.

Chez Mon Real Restaurant

There was still a crowd at Chez Mon Real Restaurant on the corner of Dr. Rosen and Pedro Clisante. This is not only an evening hangout spot but it has become an after-hours spot also with people sitting outside eating at 4 am. Many people use the take out window also however the food was very slow due to the amount of traffic the restaurant had to deal with.

City Lights Night Club

City Lights Night Club had a few chicas sitting at the chairs facing Pedro Clisante but for the most part it was dead.

Classicos, Merengue, Club X & Winners Circle

As usual Classicos was the spot to be and the most crowded on Pedro Clisante. It was nice up until about 1:30 am after which it became too crowded and I had to leave. I don’t feel safe when a venue with one exit doubles it’s recommended capacity. However in all fairness there were quite a few 8’s strutting their stuff inside.

Merengue, Club X and Winners Circle were all light crowds due to it being a Thursday night.

The usual crowd gathered outside of Classicos and subsequently dispersed after Classicos closed. Everyone went towards Chez Mon Real or After One.

JD426
05-22-2015, 11:00 AM
Wait, hold the phone " Chez Mon Real " ?
Have i been napping in the back of the class
.. where is this place ? and what is it...
how do i miss these things... please someone elaborate.. for the slow kids in the class like me.

is that the place on the corner that used to have sand on the floor at one time ?

camaro1257
05-22-2015, 11:10 AM
Wait, hold the phone " Chez Mon Real " ?
Have i been napping in the back of the class
.. where is this place ? and what is it...
how do i miss these things... please someone elaborate.. for the slow kids in the class like me.

is that the place on the corner that used to have sand on the floor at one time ?

Yes sir that is the place.

Chez Mon Real Restaurant Dr. Rosen & Pedro Clisante

Early in the evening the Rumba crowd went to Chez Mon Real Restaurant on the corner of Dr Rosen and Pedro Clisante. Motos were lined up outside, people congregated outside standing and sitting in outdoor seating along with a large crowd inside gathered at the bar and standing in different parts of the club.

Since Rumbas was closed I chose to eat dinner there and had a Chicken Poutine which was white meat chicken over French fries and brown sauce. I thought was going to have a delicious Yaroa experience but I was greatly disappointed, so I left much of it uneaten. The dish was 350 pesos and hardly worth it.

The menu basically includes American standards such as hamburgers, wings and pizza at U.S. prices. The restaurant has a nice ambiance with outdoor seating, downstairs seating at the bar and upstairs seating in booths all of which have their individual flat screen televisions. They also have a to-go window where you can order food “para llevar”

The staff was a bit slow I suspect because they were over whelmed by the crowd due to the closing of Rumbas.

Aesthetically it is a very nice place however on this visit I was not impressed with the food.

Apos
05-22-2015, 11:12 AM
It was also the old "Harrison Jewellers" back in the day.

Jimmydr
05-22-2015, 01:27 PM
It was also the old "Harrison Jewellers" back in the day.

They closed?

Apos
05-22-2015, 03:54 PM
Many years and restaurants ago...

SrSuerte
05-22-2015, 11:09 PM
City Lights Night ClubCity Lights Night Club is the only place on Pedro Clisante that has the same feel as Rumbas with the space to entertain Rumbas crowds. It is an open air venue with a club in back and rooms on site that are available for rent. I checked in the early evening and later at night and there was no significant crowd in City Lights at either time. It makes no sense why the crowd will not relocate to City Lights, your guess is as good as mine.I was thinking that maybe the chicas don't want their clients to see where they are staying. Many of them stay right in that area and eat there while they are in Sosua. Just a guess at the reason but It would be nice. But what do I care..... :mad: :rofl: