PDA

View Full Version : 07/2015 - for sale by owner BB

MyTio
07-03-2015, 09:42 PM
http://blackbeardsadultresort.com/hidden/drhfs/index.html

CARIBBEAN RESORT HOTEL FOR SALE

BlueDevil
07-04-2015, 09:05 AM
Checked the place out when I was in Costambar 9 years ago. I did not realize BB is only 13 years old. I thought it was around a lot longer than that... Changing times...changing business plans.

minkyboodle
07-04-2015, 09:57 AM
Wondering how this portends for my upcoming August 22rnd day stay? I'm guessing it will be listed for a long long time given the way DR real estate tends to sit. Any ideas??

j_d66
07-04-2015, 12:34 PM
Wondering how this portends for my upcoming October 2 day stay? I'm guessing it will be listed for a long long time given the way DR real estate tends to sit. Any ideas??

at 2.7 million USD I would think it will be for sale for along time.

the_Jayman
07-04-2015, 02:18 PM
Extensive and excellent vendor/supplier relationships

Yeah they did ! ! ! :king: :king: :king:

My God did I love this place ! ! ! It was that hot tub man . . . THE best parties of my life ! ! !

http://news.insearchofchicas.org/forum/imagehosting/334445ce7b6c2683b.jpg

http://news.insearchofchicas.org/forum/imagehosting/334445cfbc12adc8e.jpg

http://news.insearchofchicas.org/forum/imagehosting/334446c4f0bf1e26b.jpg

http://news.insearchofchicas.org/forum/imagehosting/334446c4f0ba90315.jpg

http://news.insearchofchicas.org/forum/imagehosting/334446c50210b7965.jpg

MyTio
07-04-2015, 02:53 PM
I loved BB back in the day

el toro
07-04-2015, 06:46 PM
BB's-- where it all started for many of us. I would guess when it finally sells, it will become a different sort of establishment, but who knows. This should be good for FOD (if they're still around)

el toro
07-04-2015, 06:49 PM
My very first day on my first trip to DR and first bikini contest.

After my 3rd, I had all but 2-3 chicas from this line up.

http://news.insearchofchicas.org/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=49722&d=1340464129

MyTio
07-04-2015, 07:02 PM
http://news.insearchofchicas.org/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=121153&d=1436050612

quietcorner911
07-04-2015, 09:19 PM

Click to see pic (http://news.insearchofchicas.org/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=49722&d=1340464129)

at least two of them are still there.

Mr. Smooth
07-05-2015, 12:04 AM

Click to see pic (http://news.insearchofchicas.org/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=49722&d=1340464129)

And you have been ruined for life ever since! :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

el toro
07-05-2015, 12:59 PM
And you have been ruined for life ever since! :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Got dat right Smooth! lol.

BigLongBeach
07-05-2015, 02:32 PM
I did quick math so excuse if i am off by a few thousand. Standard hotel occupancy is 63%. So lets say that it is 63% for the year, If you charge $50/night, they had 22 rooms, you will only generate $252,945/year. If you charge $75/nt it will generate $379,417.5, and $100/nt would generate $505,890.

Just in renting the room it will take atleast 5yr+ years to break even (not considering upgrades, taxes, staff, maintenance, etc)

I havent stayed they. For those that have stayed there, outside of whores, and the room fees, at average what have you spend on food and drink there?

Would the average customer spend $100-$150 nt?

2.7mil sounds rough

TNT72
07-05-2015, 05:14 PM
I did quick math so excuse if i am off by a few thousand. Standard hotel occupancy is 63%. So lets say that it is 63% for the year, If you charge $50/night, they had 22 rooms, you will only generate $252,945/year. If you charge $75/nt it will generate $379,417.5, and $100/nt would generate $505,890.

I think that's the key right there. This isn't a "standard hotel". I've never stayed there, but from what I've read, a lot of times guys stop by and the hotel doesn't have any rooms for them to rent for a ST.

I agree that $2.7m sounds rough, nobody starts off asking what they'll really take.

(And it's not like there are people out there that could use a place to uhhh.......wash up a little cash!:wink:)

MrHappy
07-05-2015, 05:18 PM

Just in renting the room it will take atleast 5yr+ years to break even (not considering upgrades, taxes, staff, maintenance, etc)

I havent stayed they. For those that have stayed there, outside of whores, and the room fees, at average what have you spend on food and drink there?

Would the average customer spend $100-$150 nt?

2.7mil sounds rough

I think they run at a lot higher than 75% occupancy. I've been there many times when there were no rooms available, period.

I would think getting your return on your investment of 2.7 million in only 5 years would be pretty good, wouldn't it? That would mean somebody would earn 2.7 million in the next five years.

I'd take 500K a year income.

I'm guessing John just can't get over his health problems and wants to make his life a little easier.

BigLongBeach
07-06-2015, 12:36 AM
I think they run at a lot higher than 75% occupancy. I've been there many times when there were no rooms available, period.

I would think getting your return on your investment of 2.7 million in only 5 years would be pretty good, wouldn't it? That would mean somebody would earn 2.7 million in the next five years.

I'd take 500K a year income.

I'm guessing John just can't get over his health problems and wants to make his life a little easier.

I am just trying to make sense of the numbers. On the site the owner says that they make 1.25mil/yr usd. That means they make like 35k/month in revenue. That's a lot of cash. I am just looking from a business side.

Let say i got perfect credit, 20% upfront at 5%, I would pay about 11/month on mortgage for 30 years. 15k/months for 15years or 22k/month for 10.

For 1.2mil in revenue per year unless your in the long haul you couldnt afford the mortgage.

I am just throwing numbers out there. Where is dquick? he is in the hotel business now.

BigLongBeach
07-06-2015, 12:50 AM
I think that's the key right there. This isn't a "standard hotel". I've never stayed there, but from what I've read, a lot of times guys stop by and the hotel doesn't have any rooms for them to rent for a ST.

I agree that $2.7m sounds rough, nobody starts off asking what they'll really take.

(And it's not like there are people out there that could use a place to uhhh.......wash up a little cash!:wink:)

I just googled that and it looks like even wynn got in trouble for that LOL. The thread interests me because I want learn a iittle more about the hotel business before I open up casa de BLB in havana LOL

PapiQueRico
07-06-2015, 09:44 AM
How do you calculate the risk of buying an adult biz on the north coast where they have been locking up owners of adult places, especially foreigners?

donquixote
07-06-2015, 09:54 AM
if it has revenue of 1.25 revenue per year it is 100,000k a month, not 35k

nobody, and I mean nobody can take away from the success and business this operation has. it is one of the only places that can charge by the day only and not weekly or longer rentals...
myself, my only concern would be the security of the investment on the goodwill of the business. in the dr who can feel secure with the way the government operates and can step in and control or destroy anyone someone in power feels; who would have thought places like rumba, delatin, cmp, and long time operators as passions, and especially the king himself...armondo would have had the tables on them turned so far and so fast.

but regardless, if anyone had a dream come true it would be to own blackbeards

BigLongBeach
07-06-2015, 01:45 PM
Good catch, i was doing 1.2/52 for weekly numbers and must have had the number 35 in my head cause i was doing using a mortgage calculator on google. SMH

if it has revenue of 1.25 revenue per year it is 100,000k a month, not 35k

nobody, and I mean nobody can take away from the success and business this operation has. it is one of the only places that can charge by the day only and not weekly or longer rentals...
myself, my only concern would be the security of the investment on the goodwill of the business. in the dr who can feel secure with the way the government operates and can step in and control or destroy anyone someone in power feels; who would have thought places like rumba, delatin, cmp, and long time operators as passions, and especially the king himself...armondo would have had the tables on them turned so far and so fast.

but regardless, if anyone had a dream come true it would be to own blackbeards

SrSuerte
07-07-2015, 10:38 AM
Where is dquick? he is in the hotel business now.

Quick D's Casa.

camaro1257
07-07-2015, 10:41 AM
This was posted in ISG this morning

Blackbeards Update From El' Capitan
Saludos to all from, John, the original and still owner of Blackbeards.

Apparently the Coconut Telegraph has "blown a nut" somewhere by reporting that I sold the hotel or plan to close it after 13 successful years. This is absolutely not true, and additionally, I don't have any partners either. Although I have been absent recently for personal reasons, I continue to invest heavily in improvements in all areas of the business. Just follow our newsletter for current updates.

As of last week however, I have decided to retire and sell the hotel. I guess that when I received my application for Medicare, my friends told me that it was MY time to relax, sit by the pool and drink a few beers with a good looking Chica! In the meantime, absolutely nothing will change. All of my employees are fully aware of the sale and have agreed to stay and expect that the new owner will keep them employed.

If you would like more details about the Hotel / Sale Simply Google Search "Blackbeards Hotel For Sale" and you will get what you need. The site is not completely finished so bare with us for a few more weeks.

Personally, I think the hotel is running better than ever, and now would be a great time to visit. I hope this puts an end to all of the rumors and we all look forward to seeing you soon.

Gracias,

El' Capitan.

sonrisa
07-14-2015, 06:58 PM
I've stayed at BB a number of times and have always enjoyed the experience. I know some tire of it after two or three days, but not me. I also enjoy my week or longer stays in Sosua. Two very different type of experiences. John at BB developed a good business plan that included value for the price, no hassle, quality environment, beach nearby, good restaurant, and well-trained chicas. If someone buys it and comes in with an entirely different plan instead of seriously considering the model of success John developed, it better be a darn-good plan. I think the better idea would be to continue building on its current business model with gradual further developments/enhancements.

As has been mentioned, the politics of purchasing such a business in the DR is a major concern given the history of the government and policing authorities to kill many a Golden Goose for their communities. How to figure that in the price point is difficult to know? John would need to provide some guidelines on how to keep it in business given the DR environment. Perhaps John would consider a time-purchase in order to encourage the ongoing success of the business. A serious businessman would be necessary in that environment. An entertaining place to own, but the day-to-day management and headaches would be plenty. John, having been raised in South America (if I remember correctly) speaks perfect Spanish and understands Latin America business models (figuratively and literally).

I'm hoping he finds the right new owner.

givengo440
07-14-2015, 07:10 PM
2.5 is a little steep but I am sure he is shooting high. It'll be interesting to see if anyone buys in.

Nick T
11-09-2015, 01:33 PM
http://blackbeardsadultresort.com/hidden/drhfs/index.html

CARIBBEAN RESORT HOTEL FOR SALE

I am in Costambar at the moment (Not staying at Black Beards) I am told that several serious inquiries have been received. Principles of these inquiries will be visiting BB over the next few weeks to investigate and do their due diligence. I also understand that it is John's preference to sell to someone who is a previous BB's customer and who will not change the overall approach to the business.

wrgold
11-09-2015, 01:59 PM
I wonder if the new cruise port will affect BB ??? That would be a concern I would imagine

Westy
11-09-2015, 03:55 PM
I wonder if the new cruise port will affect BB ??? That would be a concern I would imagine
I doubt it will affect them much. Costambar is far enough off Ruta 5 that they won't even be on the radar.

I could see Barba Negra getting the occasional gentleman-tourist who sends his wife off on the Amber Museum and Puerto Plata Sights tour, saying "I'm under the weather but don't let that interfere with your fun" - then, as soon as her bus pulls out, grabs a cab and heads over to tap a Shipmate. But I doubt if there will be many, because the kind of guy who takes his missus on a cruise-ship cruise isn't the kind of guy who knows about Blackbeard's.

wrgold
11-09-2015, 04:15 PM
I doubt it will affect them much. Costambar is far enough off Ruta 5 that they won't even be on the radar.

I could see Barba Negra getting the occasional gentleman-tourist who sends his wife off on the Amber Museum and Puerto Plata Sights tour, saying "I'm under the weather but don't let that interfere with your fun" - then, as soon as her bus pulls out, grabs a cab and heads over to tap a Shipmate. But I doubt if there will be many, because the kind of guy who takes his missus on a cruise-ship cruise isn't the kind of guy who knows about Blackbeard's.

I was thinking of it more from a negative aspect, seeing how they been cracking down on these establishments in Sosua. Wondered if they could be on the radar

QueGuapo
11-10-2015, 05:12 PM
I was thinking of it more from a negative aspect, seeing how they been cracking down on these establishments in Sosua. Wondered if they could be on the radar

Nobody knows for sure but I would assume it is not in great danger for now since it is off the beaten path.
All the establishments of that kind that were not in the center of town or close to public eyes were not touched at all...

Nick T
12-24-2016, 06:02 PM
I am just back from a fall trip to Costamber. The scuttlebutt is that two groups are interested in buying Black Beards. The first is a front for the Russian Mafia, the second is a group of guys who visit Black Beard's. Rumour has it that John favours the latter, but "they cannot get their shit together". i.e. agree.

Nick T
05-17-2017, 10:54 PM
I am just back from a five week trip to Costambar. The rumour is that the sale is going no where. But also that John, the owner, is not well. My fear is that he will die without a sale and the place will just wither away, which, in my opinion, will be a shame. It caters to a unique market. I know many Sosua mongers on this site are critical of the business model, but it does fulfill a need.

Jimmydr
05-18-2017, 06:38 AM
I am just back from a five week trip to Costambar. The rumour is that the sale is going no where. But also that John, the owner, is not well. My fear is that he will die without a sale and the place will just wither away, which, in my opinion, will be a shame. It caters to a unique market. I know many Sosua mongers on this site are critical of the business model, but it does fulfill a need.

It does fill a need.