PDA

View Full Version : 06/2016- Punta Cana:Canadian vacationers face "legal nightmare" during Dominican trip

Westy
06-03-2016, 11:09 AM
From the Toronto City News --

Brampton vacationers recall legal nightmare during Dominican trip (http://www.citynews.ca/2016/06/01/brampton-vacationers-recall-legal-nightmare-during-dominican-trip/)

It was a vacation from hell.

Angela Bauer and her boyfriend Collin Scott walked through the arrivals gate inside Pearson Airport, realizing their all-inclusive vacation in the Dominican Republic almost cost them their freedom.
“Literally, we’re in another country and no one is helping us right now,” Angela recalled.

The Brampton couple was staying at a resort in Punta Cana, when they were left to fend off charges after wrongfully accusing someone of harassment.

On Sunday, the pair, along with their friend Andrew, confronted a man they believed had sexually harassed two other girls who were staying at the same resort. They eventually realized it was the wrong person, and apologized. But to the man, who they say was in the local military, an apology wouldn’t suffice.

“He didn’t care, he called the police,” Angela said. “Apparently you can charge somebody over there for wrongfully accusing someone....”

Wow. Pity the fools ...

Even more so, as they're from Toronto -- known elsewhere as the epicenter of femi-fascism in North America ... I can just guess what kind of accusations, in what kind of language, at what volume, they flung at this Dominican gentleman. (I'm only being very slightly ironic, using the term "gentleman." If he's high enough in the hierarchy to throw them in the local juzgado, he's certainly an officer, probably a field-grade officer at that.) They certainly showed no awareness at all of Dominican culture, or of the fact that any "privilege" they have back in Canuckistan, they left it in the terminal at YYZ.

Another "poster child" for Actions-Have-Consequences Week. Sorry, Whynotme, this time the "Ugly Americans" are ugly-minded Canadians.

Jimmydr
06-03-2016, 11:54 AM

Brampton vacationers recall legal nightmare during Dominican trip (http://www.citynews.ca/2016/06/01/brampton-vacationers-recall-legal-nightmare-during-dominican-trip/)

Wow. Pity the fools ...

Even more so, as they're from Toronto -- known elsewhere as the epicenter of femi-fascism in North America ... I can just guess what kind of accusations, in what kind of language, at what volume, they flung at this Dominican gentleman. (I'm only being very slightly ironic, using the term "gentleman." If he's high enough in the hierarchy to throw them in the local juzgado, he's certainly an officer, probably a field-grade officer at that.) They certainly showed no awareness at all of Dominican culture, or of the fact that any "privilege" they have back in Canuckistan, they left it in the terminal at YYZ.

Another "poster child" for Actions-Have-Consequences Week. Sorry, Whynotme, this time the "Ugly Americans" are ugly-minded Canadians.

False arrest is a big thing. Let them pay.

Drjetman
06-03-2016, 12:47 PM
They should do that to American women who make false allegations against their husbands to gain advantage in divorce proceedings. When its proven that they lied lock them up. There will be a lot less false allegations that could ruin a man's reputation, take away his freedom and his money.

Westy
06-03-2016, 12:52 PM
They should do that to American women who make false allegations against their husbands to gain advantage in divorce proceedings. When its proven that they lied lock them up. There will be a lot less false allegations that could ruin a man's reputation, take away his freedom and his money.
Definitely! Imagine if the penalty for a false accusal matched the penalty for the crime itself. And not just for domestic violence, but for rape ....

Naahhh, never happen.

steviewonder
06-03-2016, 05:15 PM

Brampton vacationers recall legal nightmare during Dominican tri (http://www.citynews.ca/2016/06/01/brampton-vacationers-recall-legal-nightmare-during-dominican-trip/)p

Wow. Pity the fools ...

Even more so, as they're from Toronto -- known elsewhere as the epicenter of femi-fascism in North America ... I can just guess what kind of accusations, in what kind of language, at what volume, they flung at this Dominican gentleman. (I'm only being very slightly ironic, using the term "gentleman." If he's high enough in the hierarchy to throw them in the local juzgado, he's certainly an officer, probably a field-grade officer at that.) They certainly showed no awareness at all of Dominican culture, or of the fact that any "privilege" they have back in Canuckistan, they left it in the terminal at YYZ. Another "poster child" for Actions-Have-Consequences Week. Sorry, Whynotme, this time the "Ugly Americans" are ugly-minded Canadians.

I often wonder how anyone staying in an A I for their first visit to DR could understand 1% of the local culture. It's pineapple drinks with a straw, 40 ft resort walls, and how much can you eat free from the buffet. By the way, the military guy is a general, and from the money paid to the fiscal without this couple being charged, his weekend stay was more than paid for:rolleyes:

el_papi_chew_low
06-03-2016, 05:27 PM
Toronto has a lot of fine coolie west indian babes. The reporter in the vid reminded me of that.

Jimmydr
06-03-2016, 08:22 PM
I often wonder how anyone staying in an A I for their first visit to DR could understand 1% of the local culture. It's pineapple drinks with a straw, 40 ft resort walls, and how much can you eat free from the buffet. By the way, the military guy is a general, and from the money paid to the fiscal without this couple being charged, his weekend stay was more than paid for:rolleyes:

If they get 1% that would be alot.

Jimmydr
06-04-2016, 09:41 AM
Some people at work came home from a trip to PC and said when they left the grounds, it was aweful and ugly.

I replied, o, you actually saw the country for a minute.

They are clueless.