PDA

View Full Version : 10/2016 - hotel Tronco bar - Boca Chica

yayow
10-28-2016, 08:16 PM
Well there seems to be a new club in town with chicas on site, down the block from Ole supermarket. Happened to past by it, and got called in by the manager who recognized me from seeing me around the town. The manager's name is Rafael a Dominican, hotel now owned by a Dominican husband and wife team. Used to be a regular hotel, but as told by the manager looking to make it into a " Field of Dreams" type place. Spent a couple of hours there, pleasant enough counted about 6 or 7 chicas on site, maybe three to my liking. Has 13 rooms. Actually 4 apartments with kitchen etc, they go for $65 a night. Bottom floor rooms, w/o balconies go for $35/ night and second floor rooms w/ balconies go for $45/ night. All rooms hot water , a/c and cable, across the street from main cable outlet, so a good deal full package.

Full bar, pool with jets more like a really huge jacuzzi type pool in my opinion. He said at this point no set price for chicas, you negotiate with them directly, if take them off property instead of using their facility 500 pesos salida. Not sure how much for rooms short time as opposed to spending the night. Has potential, have to see what they do with it, planning on visiting again. Mgr. sent me some pictures along with a flyer via whatsapp, but I don't know how to post them. Has a Web page troncoinchotel.com , phone (809) 523-6734. Spanish and english spoken in regards to reservations. Plans include special events, mostly around sporting events. Breakfast included, restaurant with all types of food including soul food. Talked to them about being a sponsor on this site and said they were interested in that. So hopefully can get them in touch with Jimmy to work out the details.

Jimmydr
10-28-2016, 08:18 PM
Well there seems to be a new club in town with chicas on site, down the block from Ole supermarket. Happened to past by it, and got called in by the manager who recognized me from seeing me around the town. The manager's name is Rafael a Dominican, hotel now owned by a Dominican husband and wife team. Used to be a regular hotel, but as told by the manager looking to make it into a " Field of Dreams" type place. Spent a couple of hours there, pleasant enough counted about 6 or 7 chicas on site, maybe three to my liking. Has 13 rooms. Actually 4 apartments with kitchen etc, they go for $65 a night. Bottom floor rooms, w/o balconies go for $35/ night and second floor rooms w/ balconies go for $45/ night. All rooms hot water , a/c and cable, across the street from main cable outlet, so a good deal full package.

Full bar, pool with jets more like a really huge jacuzzi type pool in my opinion. He said at this point no set price for chicas, you negotiate with them directly, if take them off property instead of using their facility 500 pesos salida. Not sure how much for rooms short time as opposed to spending the night. Has potential, have to see what they do with it, planning on visiting again. Mgr. sent me some pictures along with a flyer via whatsapp, but I don't know how to post them. Has a Web page troncoinchotel.com , phone (809) 523-6734. Plans include special events, mostly around sporting events. Breakfast included, restaurant with all types of food including soul food. Talked to them about being a sponsor on this site and said they were interested in that. So hopefully can get them in touch with Jimmy to work out the details.

We can always use another place to play

Westy
10-28-2016, 08:41 PM
Just took a look at their website ... there's no map linked on their website, but zoom in close enough on Olé Supermarket in Google Maps and you'll see it "down the block" to the west. It's about a 10-minute walk from The Boathouse by way of Avenida Caracoles.

But ... what the hell is an "Elderly Package?" :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Elderly Package
(http://troncoinchotel.com/home/)
Room
Breakfast and dinner a la carte with wine glasses
Cocktales party every day and dance with professional dancers
Transfer to and from the airport.
Music from the 60, 70, 80, 90 – Rumba Zamba, Waltz, Rock and Roll
US$ 1,300 per couple for 4 days

Something got lost in translation ... Yayow, they may need your help with it. :rolleyes:

yayow
10-28-2016, 08:46 PM
There were about 4 or 5 guests while I was there that I observered, two in the pool drinking and frolicking with two chicas. Another sitting with 2 or 3 chicas around the pool and other sitting at a table with me poolside as I talked with the manager, could have been another at the bar, as there were people sitting there but not sure if they were guests of the hotel or just stopped in for a drink. Relaxing afternoon, the guests I spoke to seemed happy with the place.

yayow
10-28-2016, 08:47 PM
Just took a look at their website ... there's no map linked on their website, but zoom in close enough on Olé Supermarket in Google Maps and you'll see it "down the block" to the west. It's about a 10-minute walk from The Boathouse by way of Avenida Caracoles.

Something got lost in translation ... Yayow, they may need your help with it. :rolleyes:

can only tell you what the manager told me, asked a couple of times about room pricing, 3 different types.

yayow
10-28-2016, 08:51 PM
can only tell you what the manager told me, asked a couple of times about room pricing, 3 different types.

don't know if that info is old info from when they were a regular hotel, just know now there are chicas and a desire to be a "field of dreams" operation

yayow
10-28-2016, 08:58 PM
Manager offered a couple of times to show me the rooms, he seemed to be proud of them, but I had other plans and I told him I will be back tomorrow or Sunday and can see them then. Actually the bartender was nice looking don't know if she would be available, she actually knew me and called me by my nickname, when she served me. Will probably have a drink there tomorrow afternoon.

Jimmydr
10-28-2016, 09:03 PM

That is a good location

Westy
10-28-2016, 09:03 PM

Understood. I didn't say that to tease you ... it's more on the lines of "teasing" their Webmaster.

Actually it looks pretty nice, and it doesn't hurt that it's up on a quiet side-street where "the action" is less likely to attract attention. Of course, that "package" reminded me of the chica-included price they used to advertise at Field Of Dreams, and some similar place in Boca Chica that had the same sort of arrangement (I forgot the name of that one).... Only problem I can see is that it's further from the beach than the Garant.

yayow
10-29-2016, 05:05 PM
Well as promised came back for a drink, manager wasn't there but someone else showed me the rooms. Servicible for the price and the amenities. All rooms have a/c, none have fans. All have in room safes, parking on site with 24 hour security. They have a nice group here now, having fun, actually this place reminds me of a smaller new garden set up, not really field of dreams yet. If they do it right could be a good place to kill a few hours and have some fun. I got molested by the bar tender, gave me a nice shoulder massage, if she wasn't working may have taken back to the pad, will continue to see how they progress

yayow
10-29-2016, 05:13 PM
Actually had Milly visit me there, of Camaro's last Boca Chica conquests, she gave the bartender her number, she may be part of their new rotation, a few more like her and they will do alright I believe

jacknback
10-29-2016, 06:05 PM

Westy...your already there:rofl::rofl::rofl: if you don't think, so you will for sure, sooner then later.

Westy
10-29-2016, 08:21 PM
Westy...your already there:rofl::rofl::rofl: if you don't think, so you will for sure, sooner then later.

Oh, I know, Jack, I know ... and yes, I take Kamagra for my "elderly package." :rofl:

yayow
10-29-2016, 09:00 PM
Actually thinking about it, for el Toro's birthday bash, in Feb., if the garant doesn't workout as the bash's headquarters this place probably would fit the bill. Very private no one outside the place would know what was going on. I could envision all kinds of hedonistic games being played. The setup gives total control on who enters and doesn't. Probably could negotiate a good rate, based on how many rooms etc., chicas already on site, plus could invite how many other outside chicas, that were wanted or needed. Rooms not that expensive. All the accommodations that would be needed. Plus a place looking to make a name for itself, what better way than a incredible 3 or so day blowout!

Just saying, thinking out loud

Jimmydr
10-30-2016, 08:06 AM
Actually thinking about it, for el Toro's birthday bash, in Feb., if the garant doesn't workout as the bash's headquarters this place probably would fit the bill. Very private no one outside the place would know what was going on. I could envision all kinds of hedonistic games being played. The setup gives total control on who enters and doesn't. Probably could negotiate a good rate, based on how many rooms etc., chicas already on site, plus could invite how many other outside chicas, that were wanted or needed. Rooms not that expensive. All the accommodations that would be needed. Plus a place looking to make a name for itself, what better way than a incredible 3 or so day blowout!

Just saying, thinking out loud

Sounds like a good plan.

CentralNJDude
11-07-2016, 11:32 PM
Am making a quick visit beginning of December to BC. Had originally booked at the Garrant but decided to try out this place. Will report back on how the residence was.
Got an apartment for the same price as what I would have paid at the G but it includes breakfast. The only downside seems to be the long walk to the beach and drag but I am sure the moto-concho guys would be happy to help.

Jimmydr
11-08-2016, 07:38 AM
Am making a quick visit beginning of December to BC. Had originally booked at the Garrant but decided to try out this place. Will report back on how the residence was.
Got an apartment for the same price as what I would have paid at the G but it includes breakfast. The only downside seems to be the long walk to the beach and drag but I am sure the moto-concho guys would be happy to help.

Its not that long a walk.

bailar
11-20-2016, 12:51 AM
Yayow,,,any updates on the Tronco? SDQ is my port of entry these days so it seems I always start off my trips with a few days in Boca Chica. I am flying in Friday the 25th and I may just stay around for awhile and let the North coast dry out.

latinlover7
11-20-2016, 02:31 PM
Will be in BC this week NOV 24-29 and will check it out myself at least to see the setup. Know where its at but have never been inside the hotel. Not too far from Duarte about a 10 minute walk but as stated Motoconchos are available for a small price if I don't feel like walking. Have heard some Venezuelanas have been staying in hotels like Mango and Martinis but not all are working girls. Things come and go in BC all the time so one minute something is open and a good place and the next who knows.

yayow
11-29-2016, 05:43 AM
Will have to go back, at least two of the chicas that were on site when I was last there left, due to lack of business. Guess they got a ways to go if they want to be considered a " field of dreams", or better. That report came from two of the ex chicas there, they called me with the info, and I was gracious enough to assist them in their time of need:rolleyes:, for the fun they provided me in my apartment. So it worked out for me, but sorry to hear of their struggles. Hopefully it can be salvaged in the manner described to me, cause that would be a good option, but at worse, I guess they could go back to a regular hotel model.

latinlover7
11-30-2016, 02:45 PM
Went there with Bailar on Saturday or Sunday afternoon. Was shown rooms. just bartender on site and owner was pleasant but is hoping for future. As YayYow stated, just a regular hotel right now. I wouldn't stay here for that fact and location. If raining or need to take a chica back from Batey, Piano etc wouldn't be worth it to me. Trying to make it nice but as of now is just a hotel.

Westy
11-30-2016, 05:16 PM
Went there with Bailar on Saturday or Sunday afternoon. Was shown rooms. just bartender on site and owner was pleasant but is hoping for future. As YayYow stated, just a regular hotel right now. I wouldn't stay here for that fact and location. If raining or need to take a chica back from Batey, Piano etc wouldn't be worth it to me. Trying to make it nice but as of now is just a hotel.
Just a hotel, but with only 13 rooms it might be possible to book the whole place for an Invasion, close the front gates, and party hearty.

Jimbo44
11-30-2016, 10:17 PM

Hell, I like walking thru a town to the beach anyway, so Id just have a good time...if I was you... never know who u may run into!!!

Jimbo44
11-30-2016, 10:24 PM

Just a Hotel? Well what do u think New Garden was and still is today in Sosua? From what Yayow said, I feel it has positive potential!!! :iconTU:

Jimmydr
12-01-2016, 07:00 AM
Just a Hotel? Well what do u think New Garden was and still is today in Sosua? From what Yayow said, I feel it has positive potential!!! :iconTU:

Just a hotel is funny:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

el toro
12-01-2016, 12:13 PM
I'm considering a visit in March, rather than February as initially planned due to some business travel. So there won't be a big B-day bash, but am very curious to check out this place. And as always, down to have some kind of party. Once I book I'll send an update.

Hunter
12-01-2016, 12:27 PM
I'm considering a visit in March, rather than February as initially planned due to some business travel. So there won't be a big B-day bash, but am very curious to check out this place. And as always, down to have some kind of party. Once I book I'll send an update.

I was thinking the invasion was losing steam....oh well....thx for update.

el toro
12-01-2016, 12:32 PM

No, it's high on my list of plans to make it to BC early in 2017, though slight change in dates. If a bunch of guys already booked, I could revert to the original timeline--purely out of guilt. lol.

Jimmydr
12-01-2016, 01:11 PM

Westy is in charge of invasions.

el toro
12-01-2016, 01:45 PM

Mal idea. jaja

CentralNJDude
12-01-2016, 08:16 PM
Just as an FYI, I am trying out the Tronco when I go to BC this Sunday. So i get a call from the guy at the front desk confirming my reservation (booking.com) and he is asking for flight details. I was thinking that they were looking to get some money out of dumb-ass gringo for the pickup. I started blabbering about how I pay only vente dolares for my ride. He calmly explains that its free pickup since I am staying three nights and he would only charge 500 pesos for the drop-off when I leave. I was impressed.

I updated the above in the Hotel Coco thread also.

Will let you guys know next week how the place works out. Yeah its a bit of a walk but time to try something different than Garant.

Jimmydr
12-01-2016, 08:24 PM
Just as an FYI, I am trying out the Tronco when I go to BC this Sunday. So i get a call from the guy at the front desk confirming my reservation (booking.com) and he is asking for flight details. I was thinking that they were looking to get some money out of dumb-ass gringo for the pickup. I started blabbering about how I pay only vente dolares for my ride. He calmly explains that its free pickup since I am staying three nights and he would only charge 500 pesos for the drop-off when I leave. I was impressed.

I updated the above in the Hotel Coco thread also.

Will let you guys know next week how the place works out. Yeah its a bit of a walk but time to try something different than Garant.

A walk? Its just as far as the Garant.

CentralNJDude
12-01-2016, 10:12 PM
Jimmy, its a few blocks up closer to the highway so a bit of a walk.

latinlover7
12-01-2016, 11:13 PM
http://news.insearchofchicas.org/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=138012&stc=1

Upper part is where Tronco is located. Decent rooms and close to supermarket but too far for me to walk where I want to go. I walk a lot and don't want to be sweating all the time. The owner is very nice and is trying hard to make the hotel as good as possible. All hotels are just a hotel in my opinion unless they are all inclusives or a blackbeards type. No casa de citas or chicas on site is point I was making. It is a solid 10 minutes walking to Duarte. If someone likes the hotel, stay there if it was closer I would have probably stayed there a few nights. For an invasion/party it would be a great location and import your own chicas in. Has a decent size jacuzzi there as well. 3 types of rooms with different rates. Online were saying 35 dollars and up but when in person was willing to negotiate lower prices but looked totally empty when I was there or maybe just a few rooms rented. If location isn't a matter for you, would be a good place to stay and maybe help them get started for future endeavors.

Jimmydr
12-02-2016, 06:54 AM
Jimmy, its a few blocks up closer to the highway so a bit of a walk.

I was confused since we were talking about two different spots.

CentralNJDude
12-02-2016, 08:47 PM
I was confused since we were talking about two different spots.

No!!! That couldnt happen to you.:mrgreen::mrgreen:

yayow
12-03-2016, 10:37 AM
Just a hotel is funny:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

thing about a hotel, it depends on the management of it reaching it's potential. The manager had a good idea, but would take work to make it happen. Saw the manager the other afternoon on Duarte, he says he actually is heading to Punta caña to work a hotel there, says they owed him money for services rendered. What else is new?:(

Hope they can pull it together.

yayow
12-03-2016, 10:41 AM
Just as an FYI, I am trying out the Tronco when I go to BC .....

Interested in your take of the place in regards to customer service. The airport pickup is a good start.

When I stopped by they had a crew from the states there, part of the reason I guess it was fun, always better when you have a group that know each other.

Señor JDR of Medellin
12-03-2016, 03:15 PM
Interested in your take of the place in regards to customer service. The airport pickup is a good start.

When I stopped by they had a crew from the states there, part of the reason I guess it was fun, always better when you have a group that know each other.

Those BBQ's you have with 4-6 of us are always great.

Señor JDR of Medellin
12-03-2016, 03:16 PM
thing about a hotel, it depends on the management of it reaching it's potential. The manager had a good idea, but would take work to make it happen. Saw the manager the other afternoon on Duarte, he says he actually is heading to Punta caña to work a hotel there, says they owed him money for services rendered. What else is new?:(

Hope they can pull it together.

So many have failed.

CentralNJDude
12-03-2016, 06:43 PM

Lets see if the airport pickup shows up.:corky: They can start with that... Front desk guy who called spoke pretty good English which is a good start for me.

Jimmydr
12-03-2016, 06:49 PM
Lets see if the airport pickup shows up.:corky: They can start with that... Front desk guy who called spoke pretty good English which is a good start for me.

Its a ten minute ride.:iconTU::iconTU::iconTU::iconTU:

CentralNJDude
12-10-2016, 07:38 PM
Quick update on this place.
My flight was late by a couple of hours but the airport pick up guy was luckily still there. Old guy who drove at what feels like 5 miles per hour on the highway.:biggrin:
I had booked the apartment since I had got a good price on it. The apartments look a little outdated with the old style air conditioner in the bedroom.
Their superior room seems like the best bet and you can call them direct and get a good price if you stay 3 nights or more. Web site price is 45/night.
Pool is small; more like a Jacuzzi size. Never tried it but hung around it with Yayow and a few chicas we had picked up. Report will be in the paid section.
Free breakfast is mediocre; eggs and local bread with jugo and pressed coffee.
Wasn't too busy when I was there; only a couple of folks besides me.
They have a couple of nice thick ones ( relative as I like flacas) working at the bar that could potentially be your compania.
Owner is an older dominicana.
The guy at the desk is pretty good and speaks good English.
500 pesos for the ride back to the airport.
Did walk from there to the playa etc except for the last trip back home for the day. 50-100 pesos for the moto-conchos..
Nice big Ole supermarket pretty close by.
Its pretty private so a good place to have a get-together/invasion and rates can be negotiated. Not quite to the standard of the Garant but lighter on the budget.

CentralNJDude
12-10-2016, 07:40 PM
http://news.insearchofchicas.org/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=138239&stc=1

View of the corridor from the main entrance.

CentralNJDude
12-10-2016, 07:41 PM
My apartment entrance. Has a lockable front full gate besides the main door.

http://news.insearchofchicas.org/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=138240&stc=1

CentralNJDude
12-10-2016, 07:43 PM
http://news.insearchofchicas.org/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=138241&stc=1

A private alcove near the pool. A few older locals with their hot chicas were having a good time there one night. Not much lighting there so makes it a nice spot for fun.

CentralNJDude
12-10-2016, 07:45 PM
http://news.insearchofchicas.org/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=138242&stc=1

Superior rooms have a view of the pool. Accessible by a narrow staircase.

CentralNJDude
12-10-2016, 07:46 PM
http://news.insearchofchicas.org/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=138243&stc=1

The pool. More like a big Jacuzzi.

Jimmydr
12-10-2016, 07:47 PM
My apartment entrance. Has a lockable front full gate besides the main door.

Click to see pic (http://news.insearchofchicas.org/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=138240&stc=1)

Very nice

CentralNJDude
12-10-2016, 07:48 PM
http://news.insearchofchicas.org/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=138244&stc=1

The bar. Has like six bar stools around it. They played some pretty good music at night.. All local which was a refreshing change.

CentralNJDude
12-10-2016, 07:55 PM
It took a couple of tries to connect to the WiFi but once connected it worked well.
They have backup generators which kicked in quite a few times when I was there. Lots of short-term power outages.
They do have quite a few people working in the hotel who were all helpful. Half of them spoke English. The camereras behind the bar don't speak any English but were very friendly and responsive to flirting around.
The cleaning lady did a pretty good job and nothing was missing. Towel sizes worked for me but are on the smaller side.
They did NOT have a safe in Apartment 3 and the owner said it would take a day or so to get one. I skipped it since it wasn't worth it since their day or so can be a week.

That's pretty much what I can remember. It was a 3 night stay without any issues.

Jimmydr
12-11-2016, 07:13 AM
It took a couple of tries to connect to the WiFi but once connected it worked well.
They have backup generators which kicked in quite a few times when I was there. Lots of short-term power outages.
They do have quite a few people working in the hotel who were all helpful. Half of them spoke English. The camereras behind the bar don't speak any English but were very friendly and responsive to flirting around.
The cleaning lady did a pretty good job and nothing was missing. Towel sizes worked for me but are on the smaller side.
They did NOT have a safe in Apartment 3 and the owner said it would take a day or so to get one. I skipped it since it wasn't worth it since their day or so can be a week.

That's pretty much what I can remember. It was a 3 night stay without any issues.

Quick get away.

Westy
12-31-2016, 12:56 PM
Huh?:confused: