PDA

View Full Version : Club X (July 30, 2005 and ongoing)

Gladiator
07-30-2005, 06:20 AM
A new disco called Club X opened on Thursday night and, in the interest of research, I went to check it out.

It is located opposite Classico. There was a cover charge of 100 pesos and they gave you a bracelet that allowed you to get in and out whenever you wanted.

I went in at around 1 am and it was packed, there were hookers everywhere, I found some hookers even in the male toilet. There was also the typical all inclusive crowd.

The disco itself is nice, with a modern deco and a good sound system. There are 2 areas: one big area where the dance floor is and another smaller, quieter area. The dance floor zone was a bit hot but the smaller bar area had the right temperature.

They played different types of music: Dominican music, salsa, techno, trance, etc.

Apparently they had distributed quite a few invitations among girls for the first night.

The first night was great, it closed later than Classico, let’s see how they do in the future.

Jimmydr
07-30-2005, 12:05 PM
I think they have way too many clubs for the amount of tourists coming. Maybe one day soon, the paying tourist population will catch up.

psriches
07-30-2005, 01:24 PM
I think they have way too many clubs for the amount of tourists coming. Maybe one day soon, the paying tourist population will catch up.you're right! a different club, same chicas!

vagabond
07-31-2005, 07:28 AM
Well after D'Latinos closed, the Classico was a bit to crowded for me the last times I was there. Exiting with a new club in town, hopefully it will attracs mor people.

jd_mine
07-31-2005, 09:08 AM
Maybe one day soon, the paying tourist population will catch up

I hope not.....the more regular tourists Sosua starts attracting, the more difficult things will get for us.

guttaman
07-31-2005, 11:47 AM
Will be forced to the other end of Pedro if they decide to clean up the center of town with the puta crack downs.

gdogg
07-31-2005, 08:47 PM
I guess D'Latino is officially dead then. There is NO way that those three clubs can exist that close to each other. Can't wait to (finally) check out Club X!

Kevy
07-31-2005, 08:49 PM
D'latino was dead a month ago. According to the guy in the photo place accross the street, the new didn't want a disco in the building.

gdogg
07-31-2005, 08:59 PM
Didn't know it was official. That place had many lives...I guess they've all been used up. Great memories!

Kevy
07-31-2005, 09:00 PM
Didn't know it was official. That place had many lives...I guess they've all been used up. Great memories!

That's what i said to the guy, but he said it is done now. I liked it, because I could go there before Classico and see who is around.

psriches
07-31-2005, 09:24 PM

That's what i said to the guy, but he said it is done now. I liked it, because I could go there before Classico and see who is around.YUP!! It was like a warm up. And a place for the chicas without ID to go! ;)

vagabond
09-28-2005, 11:27 PM
Don't like this place to much. Mostly techno music, and very very many sankies inside.

moshy2k
09-28-2005, 11:39 PM
Cover charge on Saturday night was $200 pesos to enter. I passed and went over to Classicos.

vagabond
09-28-2005, 11:53 PM
Wasn't any covercharge when I was there on saturday, I was at Classico first, guess I went over to Club X a bit past 1.

JuanElGriego
09-29-2005, 05:38 PM
There was a cover because they were advertising some live band on flyers for that night, if memory serves.

They probably opened it up to the public after a certain point.

Kevy
09-29-2005, 06:18 PM
There wasn't a cover when I was there in Septmeber. There wasa \cover for the VIP, but it was free a couple of nights. The music is all over teh place and the crowds can be different on any given night. Sankie bar, Dominicans, AI people, Europeans. The music will usually go to the biggest crowd.

jd_mine
09-29-2005, 06:45 PM
Yeah, a much more diverse crowd there and a lot less working girls. Really heavy airconditioning as well. I didn't pay for the VIP section, they let me in free. One of the dancers came up to me and asked if I didn't remember her. Turned out it was Sarah Perez who used to work the Flamingo as their only hot girl......she had some weird colored contact lenses in, so I didn't recognise her at first.......She was still hotter than hell.......

JDR
09-29-2005, 06:47 PM
They let me in free as well. Lots of working chicas around in September.

Kevy
09-29-2005, 07:00 PM
I find not as many work there, but they have some working there. They seem to have a more liberal ID policy, Margarita and her sister both got in. Only her sister has a cedulla and they both couldn't get in Classicos.

JuanElGriego
09-29-2005, 08:09 PM
Funny .....

met some European chicks and they didn't want to go to Classico because they'd heard it was full of prostitutes.

The semi-pros in Classico always refused my idea of changing the scenery by crossing the street to Club X because "there's too many Dominicans there".

JDR
09-29-2005, 08:10 PM
Funny .....

met some European chicks and they didn't want to go to Classico because they'd heard it was full of prostitutes.

The semi-pros in Classico always refused my idea of changing the scenery by crossing the street to Club X because "there's too many Dominicans there".

People are strange. at least we know what we want.

Phoenix
09-29-2005, 08:12 PM
Funny .....

Like thats a bad thing? My kind of place!

Pana
09-29-2005, 08:20 PM
Cover charge on Saturday night was $200 pesos to enter. I passed and went over to Classicos.
It had to be Sunday, remember we went Saturday night and there was no charge.

JDR
09-29-2005, 08:21 PM
Fuck that, I ain't paying.

Pana
09-29-2005, 08:23 PM
I think they where was a live band playing that day.

JDR
09-29-2005, 08:23 PM

I can do with out the band.

Pana
09-29-2005, 08:28 PM

You dont dance Merengue Jimmy 8O ? You have been there over 30 times.

JDR
09-29-2005, 08:28 PM

You dont dance Merengue Jimmy 8O ? You have been there over 30 times.

I can dance it, but why pay 200 when all the other clubs are free?

psriches
09-29-2005, 08:47 PM
Or just stand outside the club and catch the chicas going in or coming out. I do that alot at classico. I just sit downstairs when i don't feel for the disco atmosphere and pick the chicas off.

A couple of trips ago, i bought my fish dinner from charimicos and sat downstairs from classico. I ate my dinner and drank a beer. I actually still had my beach attire on from earlier in the day.(sand and all) I picked off a chica heading to classico with her friend, told her to sit with me while i finished dinner, then threw her in the car and off to the cave we went. :evil:

Kevy
09-29-2005, 08:51 PM
Or just stand outside the club and catch the chicas going in or coming out. I do that alot at classico. I just sit downstairs when i don't feel for the disco atmosphere and pick the chicas off.

A couple of trips ago, i bought my fish dinner from charimicos and sat downstairs from classico. I ate my dinner and drank a beer. I actually still had my beach attire on from earlier in the day.(sand and all) I picked off a chica heading to classico with her friend, told her to sit with me while i finished dinner, then threw her in the car and off to the cave we went. :evil:

That's what I like about you, no stopping.

Jthomas
09-29-2005, 11:59 PM

I agree...I have actually never made it into this disco. I always hook up either on the way or downstairs at the bar. I have intended to go up stairs probably 10 or 12 times.