PDA

View Full Version : 12/2016 - isoc Newbi

komaram
12-19-2016, 06:50 AM
Hai folks, just joined the forum though i have heard about this through a friend. Intend to visit DR In March 3 rd week 2017.
Idea is to follow you guys reports initially
Best

weyland
12-19-2016, 07:06 AM
Hai folks, just joined the forum though i have heard about this through a friend. Intend to visit DR In March 3 rd week 2017.
Idea is to follow you guys reports initially
Best
Welcome aboard.

I strongly suggest you subscribe to Trip Reports at least until end March to cover your trip and give you time to write a report afterwards.

You will recover your payment in money-saving tips and enhance the enjoyment of your trip, plus hours of home entertainment.

MH16
12-19-2016, 09:25 AM
My 1st DR trip was end of March 2014...

My planning was mostly based on the experiences of others through the trip reports on this board...

Since your 3 months away.. get to reading.. it will help... but experience is still the greatest teacher...

weyland
12-19-2016, 12:33 PM
... but experience is still the greatest teacher...
It is. That is how I have learned most, and not just in the world of mongering.

But I have too often lacked common sense. I paid too high a price for learning mostly by experience.

More sensible people research, plan, and learn from others' mistakes. It works out cheaper. Which is not to say newbies should plan a trip on too much detail. Leave plenty of slack in your timetable, budget and expectations so you can improvise.

Irie
12-19-2016, 03:51 PM
It is. That is how I have learned most, and not just in the world of mongering.

But I have too often lacked common sense. I paid too high a price for learning mostly by experience.

More sensible people research, plan, and learn from others' mistakes. It works out cheaper. Which is not to say newbies should plan in too much detail. Leave plenty of slack in your timetable, budget and expectations so you can improvise.

Agreed. Research is key to a good trip. The info here was invaluable for my first trip.

Planning? Ha! I tried that once for a DR trip...........once. :rofl:

XXX
12-19-2016, 04:49 PM
Agreed. Research is key to a good trip. The info here was invaluable for my first trip.

Planning? Ha! I tried that once for a DR trip...........once. :rofl:

I know of a great ,,reasonable place for breakfast he could go to as well...,,,,,,,,

Just sayin,,,,,,,,,,:rolleyes::wink::rofl:

Irie
12-19-2016, 05:17 PM
I know of a great ,,reasonable place for breakfast he could go to as well...,,,,,,,,

PM me donde por favor. :rofl:

Jimmydr
12-20-2016, 05:07 PM

I would like to know.