View Full Version : 01/2017 - The Best & Worst International Airlines 2016

knotty
01-09-2017, 09:48 PM
The Best- and Worst-Performing Airlines in the World
http://bloom.bg/2iYHytb
a little shocked at some of these

psriches
01-09-2017, 11:10 PM
This is just about flight delays, correct??

greydread
01-10-2017, 05:34 AM
I will never fly Emirates into nor out of Africa again. In fact, unless I had to actually go to Dubai on business, I wouldn't consider them at all. Going from GMT +3 to GMT +4 to get to GMT -5 for the transatlantic (daam near Polar) crossing on a ratty old 777-300 is something one only does once.

CentralNJDude
01-10-2017, 07:45 AM
I will never fly Emirates into nor out of Africa again. In fact, unless I had to actually go to Dubai on business, I wouldn't consider them at all. Going from GMT +3 to GMT +4 to get to GMT -5 for the transatlantic (daam near Polar) crossing on a ratty old 777-300 is something one only does once.

I flew Emirates only once for work and it was in business from JFK to Dubai and then onwards. I loved their Airbus 380 with the bar in the top deck. Their next leg wasnt too bad and the lounge in Dubai was reasonable. The timezones work out OK if you fly straight to Dubai.

knotty
01-10-2017, 12:18 PM

Flew with them to bkk. nothing but a good experience with them on brand new planes. sorry to hear your experience wasnt as good,

JD426
01-10-2017, 12:44 PM
Dont the Dubai First Class seats(actually more like mini rooms ) go for something like $20,000 us ... somebody must think they are OK to fork out that kind of Dough ..
Those are all on the new 380's.

Westy
01-10-2017, 01:17 PM
Dont the Dubai First Class seats(actually more like mini rooms ) go for something like $20,000 us ... somebody must think they are OK to fork out that kind of Dough ..
I remember seeing a video on this. The only more luxurious flight would be chartering a Gulfstream V, as in Bucket List.

Oh, and here's the video ...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=84WIaK3bl_s

knotty
01-10-2017, 02:04 PM

If u can afford one of those seats, makes more sense to just fly private.

j_d66
01-10-2017, 03:16 PM
My experience on Emirates was also a good one but mine were new planes from ORD to Dubai and than to BKK

The was decent and the flight attendants were attractive as well

My plane had the second floor and my seat was near the front next to the stairs

Had a little excitement when a passenger fell down the stairs during the flight and got hurt pretty bad but the level of care and attention to the passenger was nothing but first rate

They are an airline I would fly again but it does stink getting on an older plane which happens all the time on American especially to POP

greydread
01-10-2017, 09:06 PM
I think I got the shitty old 777-300 because I flew into Boston. Nobody sends their best shit to Logan. My last trip through there was on a British Airways 747 out of Heathrow that lost an engine and almost fell of of the sky.

I'll stick with either Ethiopian or Turkish Airlines to and from East Africa in the future. Both are great.

Hunter
01-10-2017, 09:07 PM
I think I got the shitty old 777-300 because I flew into Boston. Nobody sends their best shit to Logan. My last trip through there was on a British Airways 747 out of Heathrow that lost an engine and almost fell of of the sky.

I'll stick with either Ethiopian or Turkish Airlines to and from East Africa in the future. Both are great.

How was your trip??

greydread
01-10-2017, 09:16 PM
How was your trip??
Let me catch my breath 1st.

I got in last night, tired as fuck and fell out right after a hot shower only to wake up 3 hours later with hella cramps in my feet, calves and quads. That flight from Dubai to Boston was 13:47 which is longer than the flight from IAD to Addis. I've been sleep-walking all day. I did more shit this trip than the past 3 put together, safaris, bike rides, camel rides, nature parks and adventures all over Nairobi's Westlands.

Next time in Nairobi I'm definitely staying at Ole Sereni.

JD426
01-10-2017, 09:40 PM
If u can afford one of those seats, makes more sense to just fly private.

I was merely proclaiming my complete surprise that an Airline which Boasts about their $20 K Seats & Flying in such Luxury
would also lower itself to have Cattle Car Seats which People so often Complain about.
I had assumed they run a First Class type operation all the way around
. but I guess perhaps it could be smoke and Mirrors also.

Westy
01-11-2017, 08:37 AM

According to AirNav, Logan's runways are only rated for aircraft up to 550,000 pounds (dual-tandem main gear). The airport runway-pattern is built on landfill from Boston Harbor, the runways themselves are asphalt rather than concrete, and they're just not sturdy enough to take the real heavies (like the newer 747s and the Airbus 380).

knotty
01-11-2017, 11:25 AM
I was merely proclaiming my complete surprise that an Airline which Boasts about their $20 K Seats & Flying in such Luxury
would also lower itself to have Cattle Car Seats which People so often Complain about.
I had assumed they run a First Class type operation all the way around
. but I guess perhaps it could be smoke and Mirrors also.

I was just referring to people who can afford to pay for those seats cause flying private would run them around the same. At least from what i heard. Until i win that powerball, i will never have the experience :rofl::rofl::rofl:

Westy
01-11-2017, 12:05 PM
I was just referring to people who can afford to pay for those seats cause flying private would run them around the same. At least from what i heard. Until i win that powerball, i will never have the experience :rofl::rofl::rofl:

Actually ... no. The price of chartering a transoceanic-class business jet for a flight like JFK to Dubai would be a whole lot more - like $5000 to $7000 per flight hour, one-way, for a "super mid-size" plane like the Cessna Citation X that could handle the overwater portions but would need one or two fuel stops to reach Dubai from JFK. A global-class heavy bizjet like the Gulfstream G650 goes for about $10,000 per flight hour, one-way.

(Source: http://oneflightinternational.com/index.php/aircraft-private-jet-denver/aircraft-rates)

greydread
01-11-2017, 02:21 PM
Actually ... no. The price of chartering a transoceanic-class business jet for a flight like JFK to Dubai would be a whole lot more - like $5000 to $7000 per flight hour, one-way, for a "super mid-size" plane like the Cessna Citation X that could handle the overwater portions but would need one or two fuel stops to reach Dubai from JFK. A global-class heavy bizjet like the Gulfstream G650 goes for about $10,000 per flight hour, one-way.

(Source: http://oneflightinternational.com/index.php/aircraft-private-jet-denver/aircraft-rates)
Yeah, that sounds expensive but what is the passenger capacity of each?

When you factor in the impossibility of being bumped or sitting next to a screaming kid, throw in a hostess or two and the absence of a luggage carousel it makes much more sense than 10 guys shoveling out 4 grand apiece for 1st class on one of the commercial cattle wagons.

knotty
01-11-2017, 02:54 PM

Thanks for clearing that up more. I watch to many rappers on snapchat. :lol::lol::lol::lol:

Westy
01-11-2017, 04:01 PM
Yeah, that sounds expensive but what is the passenger capacity of each?

When you factor in the impossibility of being bumped or sitting next to a screaming kid, throw in a hostess or two and the absence of a luggage carousel it makes much more sense than 10 guys shoveling out 4 grand apiece for 1st class on one of the commercial cattle wagons.
Citation X in standard configuration has eight seats in club configuration. More passengers and more luggage, though, mean less fuel, and a shorter range for that flight ... you might have to make two fuel stops, where four passengers could make the trip with just one stop. The Gulfstream G650 from The Bucket List can carry 8 passengers 7000 miles, but it's a much larger and thirstier plane.

Big commercial airliners can fill the seats for those butt-busting flights, because they're designed for it. Smaller airplanes, even bizjets, involve trade-offs ... even my little Tri-Pacer couldn't fly with full seats AND full fuel-tanks.

If I won the PowerBall, though, I'd be tempted to set up a charter-flight Invasion to Punani Paradise ... maybe more than one.

(As if you couldn't tell, this taps into one of my favorite non-sexual fantasies. Maybe even a sexual fantasy, if I include getting type-rated in the bird.)

jacknback
01-11-2017, 11:31 PM
Certainly info I really need to know because my chances are soooooo good that I'll be doing that some day.:confused:

greydread
01-12-2017, 05:12 AM
Certainly info I really need to know because my chances are soooooo good that I'll be doing that some day.:confused:
You never know. I've been talking with a bunch of guys I know, one of whom is a commercial (cargo) pilot about getting a trip going to the Caribbean.

Can you imagine flying straight into the Negril airport and bypassing that long road trip from MBJ? That would be worth a little something extra.

Westy
01-12-2017, 06:13 AM
You never know. I've been talking with a bunch of guys I know, one of whom is a commercial (cargo) pilot about getting a trip going to the Caribbean.

Can you imagine flying straight into the Negril airport and bypassing that long road trip from MBJ? That would be worth a little something extra.

I can imagine it, in a little four-seat puddle-jumper. The runway at Negril is 2200 feet long. You could change planes in MBJ....

greydread
01-12-2017, 06:46 AM
I can imagine it, in a little four-seat puddle-jumper. The runway at Negril is 2200 feet long. You could change planes in MBJ....
There are seasonal commercial passenger flights between Negril and the two major airports offered by domestic airlines. I'm not the 1st person to think about flying into Negril.

Westy
01-12-2017, 07:04 AM
There are seasonal commercial passenger flights between Negril and the two major airports offered by domestic airlines. I'm not the 1st person to think about flying into Negril.
Of course you aren't. There's an airport there, right? And these guys will fly you from MBJ to Negril, for a price....

http://news.insearchofchicas.org/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=139768&stc=1 (http://www.intlairlink.net/index.php)

$140 per passenger, MoBay to Negril. I don't know whether that's one-way or round-trip, though...

This could be a very cool and flamboyant start for Negril ISOC Week 2017.