PDA

View Full Version : 06/2017 - Car rental after hours at POP airport

psriches
06-24-2017, 07:43 AM
A friend wanted to fly into POP on the Jet Blue overnight flight and asked about car rental. But I think the flight arrives at 2am and I think the car rentals close at 6pm. But maybe my information is old. I usually fly into Santiago where certain car rentals are open 24 hours.

So does anyone know if there are any 24hr car rentals at POP airport??

Al Nyc
06-24-2017, 08:59 PM
A friend wanted to fly into POP on the Jet Blue overnight flight and asked about car rental. But I think the flight arrives at 2am and I think the car rentals close at 6pm. But maybe my information is old. I usually fly into Santiago where certain car rentals are open 24 hours.

So does anyone know if there are any 24hr car rentals at POP airport??

Jetblue has an overnight flight into Puerto Plata?

psriches
06-25-2017, 01:38 AM
Jetblue has an overnight flight into Puerto Plata?That's exactly how I reacted. :rofl::rofl:

http://news.insearchofchicas.org/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=143830&d=1498368956

SrSuerte
06-25-2017, 10:29 AM
That's exactly how I reacted. :rofl::rofl:

Click to see pic (http://news.insearchofchicas.org/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=143830&d=1498368956)

Why did ya'll tell me THIS! I see money leaving my pockets.....

psriches
06-25-2017, 11:21 AM
Why did ya'll tell me THIS! I see money leaving my pockets.....American Airlines used to have night flights from JFK to POP. My wing WSJ3 and I would leave work at 5pm on a Friday and be in Classico by midnight. All for $260 all in. Those were the days. :rofl:

JD426
06-25-2017, 11:22 AM
How much are you guys actually saving at the Airport , renting a car ?
Why not just rent in Sosua , the next AM.. Couple good rental guys right in town..
Once the Rental guy gets to know you he may even meet you at the Airport, when you arrive with your car..

psriches
06-25-2017, 11:29 AM
How much are you guys actually saving at the Airport , renting a car ?
Why not just rent in Sosua , the next AM.. Couple good rental guys right in town..
Once the Rental guy gets to know you he may even meet you at the Airport, when you arrive with your car..You are right. And that's a good suggestion. But I guess it's just principles. The taxi to Sosua cost the same as a one day rental, so most feel like they are paying twice.

QueGuapo
06-25-2017, 02:27 PM
You are right. And that's a good suggestion. But I guess it's just principles. The taxi to Sosua cost the same as a one day rental, so most feel like they are paying twice.

True but if you know the right people they will come over to pick you up. I have my trusted guy who can rent you the car for 30/35$ a day. It's not a brand new car but it works perfectly for the environment of Sosua. He has a Honda CRV and a Suzuki Vitara.

QueGuapo
06-25-2017, 02:28 PM
Jetblue has an overnight flight into Puerto Plata?

Yep, about 7/8 months ago JD426 and I met on the flight coming back...