PDA

View Full Version : Double Miles for Flying!

Jimmydr
05-20-2004, 12:13 PM
Fly between New York JFK and San Juan, Santiago or Santo Domingo and earn double miles! Each time you fly an American nonstop flight between these cities, you'll earn double AAdvantage miles from June 10 through August 31, 2004. To qualify, purchase a published fare ticket and be sure to register before you travel. Register online and view offer details at www.aa.com/offers using promotion code NYCDR.

El Drunko
08-19-2004, 10:05 PM
Now thats my kinda Monger, always has the frequent flier miles in mind..I started collecting miles in March, took one AA flight since. Believe I have 55,000 right now? Thats 2 free trips to the DR. 25,000 miles each trip....God I love those miles

BrooklynBeas
08-20-2004, 08:58 AM
Now thats my kinda Monger, always has the frequent flier miles in mind..I started collecting miles in March, took one AA flight since. Believe I have 55,000 right now? Thats 2 free trips to the DR. 25,000 miles each trip....God I love those miles

Drunko I think its 25,000 miles for domestic flights and 35,000 for international... i could be wrong but i know thats what the ticket saleswhore told me over the phone... i mean saleswoman.... I just received my AA advantage citibank mastercard which i earn 1 mile for every dollar i charge... im rackin up miles without travelling... if im gonna spend money i might as well get a something from AA!!!
P.S. i think the yearly rate for this card is $50 but hey if i charge $35,000 in 2 years i get a free DR trip... plus maybe ill use the miles to go to Bogota or Cartegena Colombia

Don Tomas
08-20-2004, 10:53 AM
For American Airlines to the DR from the US it is:

Cattle
25,000 Off-Peak
30,000 MileSaver (book 21 days in advance)
60,000 AAnytime

First Class
60,000 MileSaver
120,000 AAnytime

Jimmydr
08-20-2004, 02:55 PM

Drunko I think its 25,000 miles for domestic flights and 35,000 for international... i could be wrong but i know thats what the ticket saleswhore told me over the phone... i mean saleswoman.... I just received my AA advantage citibank mastercard which i earn 1 mile for every dollar i charge... im rackin up miles without travelling... if im gonna spend money i might as well get a something from AA!!!
P.S. i think the yearly rate for this card is $50 but hey if i charge $35,000 in 2 years i get a free DR trip... plus maybe ill use the miles to go to Bogota or Cartegena Colombia

Just got my free business card. First year no fee plus 15,000 points.

El Drunko
08-20-2004, 11:46 PM
ya beat me, I paid $80 for Buisness card, 20,000 miles. I use it for everything. 1-1 just like yours. I even pay my taxes with it.

I looked at the AA site 3 days ago, pretended I was booking a flight. If I pressed "I agree" I would have given AA 25,000 miles for a round trip ticket from BOS-JFK-POP-JFK-BOS... ..... I haven`t gotten into the effects of spending miles yet. But Im real good at collecting them. In fact Im a PRO. example, I had the NY Times delivered to my door for 5 days, I recieves 2500 miles. I paid $3.95 for the 5 days... Thats a deal.

Try this out. Read it well, you' ll learn alot.

http://www.smarterliving.com/ff/FlyerTalk
http://members.shaw.ca/fewmiles/AA/index2.html
http://aa.rewardsnetwork.com/site/restaurant/index.jhtml
http://www.opinionplace.com/
http://www.frequentflier.com/

[/url]

Jimmydr
08-21-2004, 08:39 AM
ya beat me, I paid $80 for Buisness card, 20,000 miles. I use it for everything. 1-1 just like yours. I even pay my taxes with it.

They charge you a fee based on % to charge your taxes so you actually pay double. :(

tcmits
08-26-2004, 12:58 AM
I signed up for a credit card a few months back, made the one required purchase and will not renew it. Gave me enough miles for the trip to Sosua I'm taking next month.

El Drunko
08-26-2004, 06:31 AM
you have to love the FF programs. Its so damn expensive from the Boston area to the DR. People in NY are lucky. They always see great fares. Save those miles for free trips.

BrooklynBeas
08-26-2004, 07:56 AM
you have to love the FF programs. Its so damn expensive from the Boston area to the DR. People in NY are lucky. They always see great fares. Save those miles for free trips.

I think ill be saving miles for the upgrade to first class when i decide on my Brazilian adventure... i dont wanna fly all day in coach... and the price for DR flights now a days is so cheap its almost a waste to use miles...

BrooklynBeas
08-26-2004, 08:24 AM

Now dont start Don... everyone knows NY pizza is the best in the world... not that deep dish doughey bullshit you guys make in Chicago... haha... by the way, the pizza in DR is not even close to NYC pizza... i dont care what you tell me... i have tried a few places and it just cannot compare... but then again... you know what they say, pizza is like sex... no matter how bad it is , its still good.

continentalmike
08-26-2004, 08:27 AM
Anybody ever tried pizza in Italy or homemade pizza by an Italian mama... man I can just say there better than what you usually get.. btw i'm laughing my ass off to see you guys discussing the pizza thing..keep it going please!!

BrooklynBeas
08-26-2004, 08:33 AM

Now dont start Don... everyone knows NY pizza is the best in the world... not that deep dish doughey bullshit you guys make in Chicago... haha... by the way, the pizza in DR is not even close to NYC pizza... i dont care what you tell me... i have tried a few places and it just cannot compare... but then again... you know what they say, pizza is like sex... no matter how bad it is , its still good.

How the fuck did this post get in this forum... something is fucked up here!

continentalmike
08-26-2004, 09:16 AM
damn right; what gives?