PDA

View Full Version : 10/2017 - Field of Dreams resurrection?

Westy
10-26-2017, 11:34 PM
It's been a few years since I last heard anything from Field of Dreams. Yesterday, though, they reached out to me with an email:

http://news.insearchofchicas.org/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=146418&stc=1

CLIC HERE TO MAKE YOUR RESERVATION NOW! (https://u1916919.ct.sendgrid.net/wf/click?upn=O9d6vuhPShFeD-2BRznAX9yC-2FH7FMOSKRb7lnJGLCbP6piFZxXLyw1l39p-2FcJ-2Bf3oUOvs0zqLyNkEGvw5wng2x-2BqnuHdQVWw-2Fnt5sQk9pX1MQhy-2F9mXLm3VxrSG-2BQhfSdBQ9a5muKbTBI2qcyEKsVBevOsBLEo6XYvtQqmKvzvjb3YdL959NWAd4XzUVQGz2DhzHAlfMbfr75YTz6sMXSxPyXOUSr4IqyrkytdJrCY7Ydsp-2BsMj-2F-2FX6nYQrTIvy9dz8Wu6zT6Ey2eU04GhcXuHIbitVzQMDYpvD5hHRCDE1Ig-3D_aCLWz9eTuo2rYo05S6heQyZh0-2Bo3XW0RAmiZIu7BimriFncOGskwq3wgmKK1OaluOzanDOtTfVhvxTZcSgec-2B6Mn2l8nqsixF2TyZIHdTVo-2Fg2e-2BSkjuJuB57eXwh-2BSJ0qv34Z2HCa-2F-2BFqYStE8YBMUMu7BmRIAZ88S23yhvbnB-2FbcbeHvjPhcDraHoJU1wxhvo-2FN7zIy6lTPakN2i0ZimtPSboNzSadSxAsL48icns-3D)

Book a real vacation with us and enjoy the best of our adult resort!!!

Beautiful girls are waiting for you to give you the best experience ever!!

Black tuesday, Bikini contest, Baby doll night contest, Thursday in red, Wet t-shirt pool party are part of all the activities we offer in order you to have a great experience and good moment.
Go to our website to know more about our adult resort and other services we have....

www.fieldofdreamsadultresort.net

Or call for reservation:

Alexander: 1-809-619-5756

Click here to unsubscribe (https://u1916919.ct.sendgrid.net/wf/click?upn=O9d6vuhPShFeD-2BRznAX9yC-2FH7FMOSKRb7lnJGLCbP6piFZxXLyw1l39p-2FcJ-2Bf3oUOvs0zqLyNkEGvw5wng2x-2BqnuHdQVWw-2Fnt5sQk9pX1MT47Fi-2BTIhrISg-2B88KgrCGBv95ccqqSEhj8nzr0U2C24N-2FaCUJMXqR0rugeGeXWZiDXPT-2B-2B-2BQubcu-2FcK4CzoaFVl-2BAQrcmhrBfQHlwckxaRU5CcX7VC-2FX2sevhJ2FK2-2BtCeJv4eY9wbjeOACmaveT3NTR17GWZibFltRMt5WWbx9HR4bD5Ouo-2BEInia44uHGUQ-3D_aCLWz9eTuo2rYo05S6heQyZh0-2Bo3XW0RAmiZIu7BimriFncOGskwq3wgmKK1OaluOzanDOtTfVhvxTZcSgec-2B253G8p2izuIOkroIex5OYJTHLBbTLWdpDuD7oIbuGOgdK1FWLXGpzQyOi8GG0iycZ5LVD1ry3C1STe-2F88FuvkahOo2aMeVvVBcISqx5hn2aaFxt6YSX-2FL7ZdPz5W7ungNM-2BgCcJkZDTerB-2BioaG1zc-3D)

FIELD OF DREAMS ADULT RESORT
Carr. Puerto Plata - Sosúa Km 6 1/2, Puerto Plata, Dominican Republic

Okay, I've left out the images (all but the 'letterhead'), the formatting has gone to hell, and I've broken the link for the URL.

Are they trying to get back into the business again, maybe even looking for overnight customers? It kinda looks that way....

I stayed at FoD a couple of times, some years ago -- once with an "invasion" set up by a rival board (I'm no longer a member of that board), and once when I decided to finish my Sosua week with a 'last night' in their petting-zoo. I enjoyed it well enough, but I wouldn't go back without ear-plugs and maybe even active-noise-cancelling headphones like the ones they furnish in business-class on American Airlines.

Curious to know if anyone else has gotten this offer from FoD.

weyland
10-27-2017, 11:23 AM
Are they trying to get back into the business again, maybe even looking for overnight customers? It kinda looks that way ...

They have always been open, including for overnight customers. Most recent reviews tell a story of continuous decline: high and erratic pricing, lousy food and service. I drop in every couple of months or so, just to check on what is happening. The quality and numbers of chicas varies, but generally not much inferior to Blackbeards. You could always find at least one you fancied (apart from the price tag).

However I could only recommend the place to guys from Playa Dorada with fat wallets and limited time to slip away from their wives.

huskerdude
10-27-2017, 03:49 PM
LOL, don't believe it. It is still under Dominican management by Pedro & his kids. I stayed there a few weeks ago & I was the only one staying there. Anita the english woman that worked as booker, barmaid, on site management team there for 2 years, had to go to Europe for surgery & other health problems. She was doing all the bookings for FOD even while in Europe. Upon return Pedro refused to pay her any commissions that she earned over the last year. I emailed him & he never replied. I was one of the last supporters of FOD, but F them, I will never stay there again after what they did to Anita. Over the years, I've stayed there over a dozen times. They never F'ed with me or my group of guys that used to party there. I can't tell you how they screwed people by padding their bills, even charging up to $200US for walk ins for a ST + room. I heard of a guy that got ripped off $2000US out of his safe. I thought that was just a rumor, til I actually met the guy last year at BB & it is fact,. They cater to walk ins now and don't give a shit about booking rooms. That web page Westy got his left over from the old Jeffrey days, so there is no longer a bikini contest, etc. It is completely out of date and the girls in the photos are long long gone. Too bad for the girls cause it was not that bad in Sept., but they are desperate. They have run the place into the ground and I will never set foot at FOD again.

Al Nyc
10-27-2017, 04:53 PM
FOD is just a Blackbeards wanna be. Remember several years back when it was called Whitebeards? Lol.

j_d66
10-27-2017, 05:56 PM
The few times I have stopped by FOD I have left less than impressed and have experienced them trying to upsell the services.

Even after calling them out on it they would just plead ignorance so I take my fun elsewhere.

To bad cause they could easily set themselves up as a great daytime place to hang out and have fun

Westy
10-27-2017, 05:56 PM
LOL, don't believe it. It is still under Dominican management by Pedro & his kids. I stayed there a few weeks ago & I was the only one staying there. Anita the english woman that worked as booker, barmaid, on site management team there for 2 years, had to go to Europe for surgery & other health problems. She was doing all the bookings for FOD even while in Europe. Upon return Pedro refused to pay her any commissions that she earned over the last year. I emailed him & he never replied. I was one of the last supporters of FOD, but F them, I will never stay there again after what they did to Anita. Over the years, I've stayed there over a dozen times. They never F'ed with me or my group of guys that used to party there. I can't tell you how they screwed people by padding their bills, even charging up to $200US for walk ins for a ST + room. I heard of a guy that got ripped off $2000US out of his safe. I thought that was just a rumor, til I actually met the guy last year at BB & it is fact,. They cater to walk ins now and don't give a shit about booking rooms. That web page Westy got his left over from the old Jeffrey days, so there is no longer a bikini contest, etc. It is completely out of date and the girls in the photos are long long gone. Too bad for the girls cause it was not that bad in Sept., but they are desperate. They have run the place into the ground and I will never set foot at FOD again.
Okay, yeah, that makes sense. It's unfortunate, but it follows the model we've come to expect from Pedro.

Kind of a pity, actually. I'm thinking back to the IFTC party a few years ago; FOD's private enough that we could get away with a lot that we couldn't have done at Blackbeard's. Ah, well, we've all got better places to go!

jacknback
10-27-2017, 06:26 PM
My memory of the only visit to FOD is stealing MR HAPPYs girl:rofl::rofl::rofl:

JD426
10-28-2017, 05:31 PM
And here we have another example of how to NOT Run a Business... Amazing.. thanks for the warning Huskerdude..

Al Nyc
10-29-2017, 05:17 AM
What is their website address? I need a good laugh.

Westy
10-29-2017, 07:19 AM
What is their website address? I need a good laugh.
It's in the OP. I didn't link it because of (reasons). Copypasta it and you're good ... or bad ... or whatever.

Jimmydr
10-29-2017, 09:21 AM
And here we have another example of how to NOT Run a Business... Amazing.. thanks for the warning Huskerdude..

Start with, not opening one in DR:corky:

weyland
10-30-2017, 03:14 PM
FOD's private enough that we could get away with a lot that we couldn't have done at Blackbeard's.
I do not see that either is more "private" than the other. They are both insulated from the public realm. If we "got away" with more at FoD than at Blackbeards (sex in the pool, chicas wandering about stark naked, etc), it was because of differing policy decisions (or in FoD's case more likely an absence of any policy or decisions).

Irie
10-31-2017, 09:10 AM
I do not see that either is more "private" than the other. They are both insulated from the public realm. If we "got away" with more at FoD than at Blackbeards (sex in the pool, chicas wandering about stark naked, etc), it was because of differing policy decisions (or in FoD's case more likely an absence of any policy or decisions).

Seville threw quite a memorable meet and greet there back in 2012(?). It was the only time I've been there that is worth mentioning.

Spoke with a few guys last night who stopped in yesterday. They told me it was a waste of time and that things have really gone downhill.......confirming Huskerdude's update.

quietcorner911
11-07-2017, 09:21 PM
I visited twice last week. Stopped in on Wednesday for the bikini contest but it was canceled due to the rain or at least that is what we were told,it wasn't raining when we got there but had been raining earlier. Stopped back in just for a beer with some friends on Friday and immediately had six skanks line up in front of us like a damned firing squad and they didn't move until I told Richie (Pedro's son) that we were there only to drink,he told them to get away from us. Out of the six girls there was one I would have bedded down if it was free but the other five you couldn't pay me to touch them. It is really sad,I have some very fond memories of staying there and partying with all the girls.

Al Nyc
12-20-2017, 05:15 PM
I've read from another website that Tim, the former manager at Blackbeards and a couple of gringos have taken over the day to day operations at FOD and are going to improve the place. If this is true, this would be a much added and needed attraction to the Sosua/ Puerto Plata area.

huskerdude
12-20-2017, 11:21 PM
I've read from another website that Tim, the former manager at Blackbeards and a couple of gringos have taken over the day to day operations at FOD and are going to improve the place. If this is true, this would be a much added and needed attraction to the Sosua/ Puerto Plata area.
LOL, it was probably my post that you saw on another site. I talked to Pedro last week by WhatsApp & had quite a conversation with him. Pedro is still in charge of FOD, but the day to day operations have been taken away from his kids, although they will still work there as regular employees. Former BB manager Tim & a couple friends (gringo) are now in charge of day to day operations including all handling of $. Set price for ST for guest staying there remains at $50US. for outsiders just dropping in the price is $90US for chica & room. This clears up the problem of rip offs. They are supposed to improve the place and sink some $ into it. They will rename it & redo the website in the near future. I'll believe what Pedro told me when I actually see it happen. I can say people have witnessed it being painting at the present time.

MrHappy
12-21-2017, 06:34 AM
LOL, it was probably my post that you saw on another site. I talked to Pedro last week by WhatsApp & had quite a conversation with him. Pedro is still in charge of FOD, but the day to day operations have been taken away from his kids, although they will still work there as regular employees. Former BB manager Tim & a couple friends (gringo) are now in charge of day to day operations including all handling of $. Set price for ST for guest staying there remains at $50US. for outsiders just dropping in the price is $90US for chica & room. This clears up the problem of rip offs. They are supposed to improve the place and sink some $ into it. They will rename it & redo the website in the near future. I'll believe what Pedro told me when I actually see it happen. I can say people have witnessed it being painting at the present time.

If Tim is allowed to carry over some good habits from BB, it may have a chance of going somewhere. I really like the place (outside of the murals) but everything else there sucks.

Al Nyc
12-21-2017, 06:53 AM

Oh yeah, it was you lol. They really don't need to rename it, just fix the place up, improve the service and bring in quality(attractive) chicas like Blackbeards.

weyland
12-21-2017, 08:40 AM
I really like the place (outside of the murals).
The external murals have long gone, and they have now removed all but one inside the rooms. One has been preserved because it is (I quote) "a work of art".

just fix the place up, improve the service and bring in quality(attractive) chicas like Blackbeards.
They are already fixing the place up and allegedly improving the service (fixed prices and itemized receipts printed out, for example).

I was there mid-afternoon Tuesday (so a really quiet time) and there were 12 chicas available (about the same as at Blackbeards mid-weekday afternoon). There were two fuglies but the rest were well up to Blackbeards standard and more fun to hang with.

It is the prices which kill it.

I guess their reasoning is that they have two sources of clients:

1) Those popping out for a quicky from Playa Dorada have no other options and most of them will be unaware of North Coast prices. They will just compare with back home prices and think they are getting a bargain.

2) Those coming from Sosua direction may know chicas are cheaper at Blackbeards but think the saving on transport makes up for that (no need for a private taxi).

By all means exploit those who do not know better, but I think they would make a lot more money and keep their girls happier if they offered a decent discount to members of the North Coast monger boards.

It is a great place for a private party. A sizable group could book the place out, whereas Blackbeards is too big to do that.

Westy
12-21-2017, 09:23 AM
The external murals have long gone, and they have now removed all but one inside the rooms. One has been preserved because it is (I quote) "a work of art".

They are already fixing the place up and allegedly improving the service (fixed prices and itemized receipts printed out, for example).

I was there mid-afternoon Tuesday (so a really quiet time) and there were 12 chicas available (about the same as at Blackbeards mid-weekday afternoon). There were two fuglies but the rest were well up to Blackbeards standard and more fun to hang with.

It is the prices which kill it.

I guess their reasoning is that they have two sources of clients:

1) Those popping out for a quicky from Playa Dorada have no other options and most of them will be unaware of North Coast prices. They will just compare with back home prices and think they are getting a bargain.

2) Those coming from Sosua direction may know chicas are cheaper at Blackbeards but think the saving on transport makes up for that (no need for a private taxi).

By all means rip off those who do not know better, but I think they would make a lot more money and keep their girls happier if they offered a decent discount to members of the North Coast monger boards.

It is a great place for a private party. A sizable group could book the place out, whereas Blackbeards is too big to do that.

I can attest to that -- you too, right, Huskerdude?

The IFTC board members did exactly that, more than once; I was there for it in October 2013, and we had a good time. All kinds of wild games going on, not only girl-on-guest and guest-on-girl, but girl-on-girl as well ... bikini contests that turn into G-string exhibitions, and some of the girls strutting around in heels and hair-extensions ... I didn't see anyone fucking out-in-the-open, but why would you do that when you're just steps from your nice, private room?

Not only is Blackbeards too big for that, but it's not private enough to get wild outdoors; from the street, you can look straight through the dining-room to the entire pool deck. FOD, on the other hand, is private​ -- close the parking-lot gate, and nobody outside can see what's going on inside.

huskerdude
12-22-2017, 12:15 AM
I can attest to that -- you too, right, Huskerdude?

The IFTC board members did exactly that, more than once; I was there for it in October 2013, and we had a good time. All kinds of wild games going on, not only girl-on-guest and guest-on-girl, but girl-on-girl as well ... bikini contests that turn into G-string exhibitions, and some of the girls strutting around in heels and hair-extensions ... I didn't see anyone fucking out-in-the-open, but why would you do that when you're just steps from your nice, private room?

Not only is Blackbeards too big for that, but it's not private enough to get wild outdoors; from the street, you can look straight through the dining-room to the entire pool deck. FOD, on the other hand, is private​ -- close the parking-lot gate, and nobody outside can see what's going on inside.
Yes , those were the good old days. We haven't had a huge party like that in years, just real small groups getting together. I hope that FOD can get it together as they have so much potential.

SrSuerte
12-23-2017, 08:03 PM
Seville threw quite a memorable meet and greet there back in 2012(?). It was the only time I've been there that is worth mentioning.

Spoke with a few guys last night who stopped in yesterday. They told me it was a waste of time and that things have really gone downhill.......confirming Huskerdude's update.

FOD was my last stop before getting on the plane in 2013. I would check my bags in early to the Airport, then head to FOD to get a quick beer and chica for a short time. The pricing ended that. We came there in 2015. We had two chicas and hit the pause button when they quoated my wingman the new prices. I was disappointed. I have gone back to play pool and a beer. I have seen a few chics that I would hit but they are not getting pulled my me for that price. I could just go to Pica Flor for a better chica if I want to pay what they were asking.

I was there at that party in 2012. I am still in contact with the chica I sessioned with that day.

Westy
03-09-2018, 05:35 AM
Just received an email today, from "Oasis Adult Resort" ... the new name for the old place we knew as "Field Of Dreams."

Yes, it looks as though Pedro has decided that re-branding will put the luster back on his place.

For those who haven't received his e-mail, the new URL is oasisadultresort.com

MrHappy
03-09-2018, 05:41 AM
Just received an email today, from "Oasis Adult Resort" ... the new name for the old place we knew as "Field Of Dreams."

Yes, it looks as though Pedro has decided that re-branding will put the luster back on his place.

For those who haven't received his e-mail, the new URL is oasisadultresort.com

Another half ass attempt. No where to go but up.

Does Alberto still own the property?

quietcorner911
03-09-2018, 09:57 AM

Does Alberto still own the property?No,Armato owns the property and Pedro holds a mortgage to Armato against the real estate. I was told this by Pedro himself.

MrHappy
03-09-2018, 09:59 AM
No,Armato owns the property and Pedro holds a mortgage to Armato against the real estate. I was told this by Pedro himself.

Who is Armato? Never heard the name.

camaro1257
03-09-2018, 10:07 AM
https://oasisadultresort.com/

Westy
03-09-2018, 10:22 AM

I would venture to say, going nowhere, unless they 'up' their fuggin' game.

That's going to take a hellava lot more than a fresh coat of paint and a new URL.

jacknback
03-09-2018, 06:46 PM
Looks the same as about 6 years ago when we had a big invasion party.

huskerdude
03-09-2018, 07:06 PM
Stopped by for a visit in Jan. & they have fixed the place up, so they are at least putting forth an effort. Since I left, Tim formerly of BB departed from Oasis.

Westy
03-09-2018, 07:26 PM
Stopped by for a visit in Jan. & they have fixed the place up, so they are at least putting forth an effort. Since I left, Tim formerly of BB departed from Oasis.
Since you left, Tim departed ... leaving the whole thing to Pedro and his relatives/cronies, eh?

I'm feeling pretty skeptical about the results.

j_d66
03-10-2018, 12:23 AM
In looking at their website it seems like they are only looking for the overnight guest there

One would still think there would be a market for the ST guest

Hell Elvis at Pica Flor has dudes happy to pay him 100 USD for ST action and that's just for the girl

MrHappy
03-10-2018, 06:27 AM
In looking at their website it seems like they are only looking for the overnight guest there

One would still think there would be a market for the ST guest

Hell Elvis at Pica Flor has dudes happy to pay him 100 USD for ST action and that's just for the girl

Elvis in Oasis/FOD could do something interesting.

quietcorner911
03-10-2018, 01:06 PM
Who is Armato? Never heard the name.Armato is a gun slinging Dominican,a very bad dude. He has been involved with that property for many years.

quietcorner911
03-10-2018, 01:07 PM
Elvis in Oasis/FOD could do something interesting. I never thought of that, boy wouldn't that be something.

quietcorner911
03-10-2018, 01:14 PM
Since you left, Tim departed ... leaving the whole thing to Pedro and his relatives/cronies, eh?

I'm feeling pretty skeptical about the results.I stopped in twice in the last three weeks, improvement in the quality of the girls and not aggressive. One time I went for the bikini contest and there was not a very big crowd, not like last year. Pedro was there,I asked about Tim and he got very uncomfortable, at the time I did not know that Tim had left. The only improvements in the property that I saw was most of the murals had been painted over and they had installed a POS computer/register for the bar bills. Anita supposedly has returned,I did not see her. The bar staff is still Richie Pedro's son,Jenny Pedro's ex girlfriend,Madeline Pedro's daughter and Maria. I did not see a single improvement to the place other than that.

MrHappy
03-10-2018, 02:40 PM
Armato is a gun slinging Dominican,a very bad dude. He has been involved with that property for many years.

Ah, you mean Amado. He used to hang out at Blackbeards when I was the manager. I kicked him out because he cold cocked a girl who play slapped him.

He used to live down the street from Blackbeards and was in tight with Alberto. Talk about a short fuse.. that guy wrote the book on short fuses.

Alberto was the money behind his stuff. He used to say the hotel in Puerto Plata was his, but the money behind it was Alberto.

quietcorner911
03-10-2018, 04:47 PM
Ah, you mean Amado. He used to hang out at Blackbeards when I was the manager. I kicked him out because he cold cocked a girl who play slapped him.

He used to live down the street from Blackbeards and was in tight with Alberto. Talk about a short fuse.. that guy wrote the book on short fuses.

Alberto was the money behind his stuff. He used to say the hotel in Puerto Plata was his, but the money behind it was Alberto.That's him,sorry for the misspelling.

huskerdude
03-10-2018, 08:54 PM
I stopped in twice in the last three weeks, improvement in the quality of the girls and not aggressive. One time I went for the bikini contest and there was not a very big crowd, not like last year. Pedro was there,I asked about Tim and he got very uncomfortable, at the time I did not know that Tim had left. The only improvements in the property that I saw was most of the murals had been painted over and they had installed a POS computer/register for the bar bills. Anita supposedly has returned,I did not see her. The bar staff is still Richie Pedro's son,Jenny Pedro's ex girlfriend,Madeline Pedro's daughter and Maria. I did not see a single improvement to the place other than that.
Anita is still at Oasis, in the office, off on weekends. She is doing the website, reservations, customer relations, etc.

weyland
03-11-2018, 10:35 AM
Armado is a gun slinging Dominican,a very bad dude. He has been involved with that property for many years.
I was there when he pulled a gun during a row with Dominican Billy at Harbor View. Bill was not at all fazed. Perhaps too drunk to be scared.

He was Alberto's nephew and his debt collector. He never denied stories of his of killing and maiming people, but I do not know if there was any truth in it or whether it was just PR.

JDR
03-11-2018, 12:22 PM
I was there when he pulled a gun during a row with Dominican Billy at Harbor View. Bill was not at all fazed. Perhaps too drunk to be scared.

He was Alberto's nephew and his debt collector. He never denied stories of his of killing and maiming people, but I do not know if there was any truth in it or whether it was just PR.

But Billy is dead?

MrHappy
03-11-2018, 04:00 PM

Alberto is alive and well living in Miami, isn't he?

I'm pretty sure they are both doing well. Alberto is not a dumb person.

weyland
03-11-2018, 07:38 PM
But Billy is dead?
He died two years ago. This incident was ten years ago.

Escort_King
04-12-2018, 07:26 PM
Yes , those were the good old days. We haven't had a huge party like that in years, just real small groups getting together. I hope that FOD can get it together as they have so much potential.

Funny had some amazing times there - and with Jayman and crew we definitely pushed the limits at BB - were close to be told to leave a few times but we just spent too much money

Will check FoD out in May when bringing an old friend to BBs to get him over breakup - lol

Atlantic City Jimmy
04-12-2018, 07:34 PM
He died two years ago. This incident was ten years ago.

Billy is missed.