PDA

View Full Version : 01/2018 - The Saga Continues Camaro 2018.

camaro1257
01-01-2018, 12:38 AM
The Saga Continues Camaro 2018.

2018 is the start of my 4th year living in the Dominican Republic. I have to admit I began my ex-pat journey with a bit a naiveté. I did not want to believe all the things I read and heard about the Dominican Republic, I approached living here with optimism only to discover that everything I read and heard was true. Sometimes the best lessons learned are the ones you experience yourself. Although I have been in the labor room with the mother of my son I will never know what it is like to be a mother...a parent yes, a mother NEVER.

I believe I am in the University of the Dominican Republic and every person is a different professor and experience is another lesson to be learned. It also feels like I am on a journey enroute to a destination unknown. I have no idea where I am going but I am certain I am on the right road to get to my destination.

I consider myself to be very fortunate because I have not had anything too terrible happen to me. I have been flim flamed a few times, overcharged and had feelings for some of the wrong women but I guess that is all for the course. I am not saying what I would never do again but I believe I have learned from my lessons.

All is not bad in the Dominican Republic by any stretch of the imagination. I have great neighbors who have gone out of their way to help me; I appreciate their hospitality and friendship. I was on my way back from Santiago on the Puerto Plata Navarette Highway when my truck engine overheated and quit running. Here I am stuck in the Campo in no man's land where I know absolutely no one with steam rolling out from under my hood and my truck would not start.

Absolute strangers stopped to help me and I discovered I had a busted water hose. The hose was repaired and I was on my way after about 2 hours all for ...all for...all for 700 pesos...can you believe that?????????? Who knows how much that repair would have cost in the United States. The point is there is much to hate in this country but there is much to love also.

The Saga Continues Camaro 2018...

jose1234
01-01-2018, 08:17 AM
I hope you have a fun and enjoyable time in 2018. Every numbskul and genius here will encounter the good and the difficult here. Hopefully we can learn and avoid the big problems and laugh at the small daily shit. Its a great adventure and an experience I would not trade for anything. All the best and thank you for your reports.

Atlantic City Jimmy
01-01-2018, 09:31 AM
[B]
I consider myself to be very fortunate because I have not had anything too terrible happen to me. I have been flim flamed a few times, overcharged and had feelings for some of the wrong women but I guess that is all for the course. I am not saying what I would never do again but I believe I have learned from my lessons.

We all have or will have at some point.

MrHappy
01-01-2018, 09:53 AM
The Saga Continues Camaro 2018.

2018 is the start of my 4th year living in the Dominican Republic. I have to admit I began my ex-pat journey with a bit a naiveté. I did not want to believe all the things I read and heard about the Dominican Republic, I approached living here with optimism only to discover that everything I read and heard was true. Sometimes the best lessons learned are the ones you experience yourself. Although I have been in the labor room with the mother of my son I will never know what it is like to be a mother...a parent yes, a mother NEVER.

I believe I am in the University of the Dominican Republic and every person is a different professor and experience is another lesson to be learned. It also feels like I am on a journey enroute to a destination unknown. I have no idea where I am going but I am certain I am on the right road to get to my destination.

All is not bad in the Dominican Republic by any stretch of the imagination. I have great neighbors who have gone out of their way to help me; I appreciate their hospitality and friendship. I was on my way back from Santiago on the Puerto Plata Navarette Highway when my truck engine overheated and quit running. Here I am stuck in the Campo in no man's land where I know absolutely no one with steam rolling out from under my hood and my truck would not start.

Absolute strangers stopped to help me and I discovered I had a busted water hose. The hose was repaired and I was on my way after about 2 hours all for ...all for...all for 700 pesos...can you believe that?????????? Who knows how much that repair would have cost in the United States. The point is there is much to hate in this country but there is much to love also.

The Saga Continues Camaro 2018...

I promise this year I will not hijack any of your threads. (which I have an uncanny knack of doing because I don't want to start a new thread)

Shit, I just did it again. Last time, I promise.

camaro1257
01-01-2018, 12:22 PM
Defining the end game

There is a learning curve dealing with Dominican women and the curve goes up steeply before it levels off. I had a great conversation with Wicked Willie and we both came to the conclusion that one of the best things an ex-pat can do when looking for female companionship is define his end game before he begins the search. It is just like any worth while endeavor in life when your purpose, goals and objectives are clearly defined you have a direction you can point yourself in. Imagine an architect trying to construct a building without a plan.

Relationships with Dominican women are set with mine fields. First is the woman by nature a pro, soft,semi or non pro? The type of woman she is will dictate your approach and potential outcome. Pros & soft pros are generally clear cut and do not take much more planning other than negotiating price service location and time. The semi and non pros I have found to be very complicated.

First of all in my experience semi pros often do not see themselves as prostitutes because they have not given them selves full time to having sex for money. Therefore discussions of money and what you like sexually can be very dicy because "yo no soy cuero." The problem is there is a direct quid pro quo exchange sex for money which by definition makes her a prostitute. In my experience the majority either expects help in the terms of money short or long term. If there is no immediate expectation of money there is often an expectation of some benefit going forward. The problem is what is expected by her is not clearly articulated so often there can be disappointments and misunderstandings.

With non pros-civilians marriage and children is more than likely expected from long term relationships. In the United States 50% of marriages end in divorce within the first 7 years and 70% of those divorces are initiated by the woman. A lifetime relationship with an American woman is difficult but between the language and cultural differences it is more difficult in the Dominican Republic. I have no idea what the statistics are in the Dominican Republic but I would imagine that failure rates are higher than in the United States.

How women have responded to me has varied depending on how and where she was raised, her socio-economic status and how we met. Regardless I find under most circumstances the cultural and language barriers incredible obstacles to what I would consider to be a healthy marriage that has the potential of lasting. I begin 2018 with a simple end game to find one or a few women that we can have a mutually beneficial relationship for a few weeks a few months or as long as it last. Although anything is possible going forward I think that expectation will be my best option going forward.

I had sex with 100 different women in 2017 but in 2018 I am more interested in quality than quantity we shall see...

Atlantic City Jimmy
01-01-2018, 12:24 PM
[B]Defining the end game

I had sex with 100 different women in 2017 but in 2018 I am more interested in quality than quantity we shall see...

Very nice number.

camaro1257
01-01-2018, 07:25 PM
Sosua really is a good deal

I have literally been from one end of the Island to another, from Dajabon to Samana, from Puerto Plata to Santo Domingo, from Punta Cana to San Cristobal and many points in-between. If your purpose is only to smash and chase chicas Sosua is a good deal even though prices have increased from times past. When you include travel, lodging and food cost there is no comparison between traveling to any of the aforementioned destinations just to smash and simply going to Sosua. My motive has been a sense of adventure and a desire to explore the Island therefore it has been worth it when my motive transcends simply chasing chicas.

Another challenge is many of the chics in those destinations are semi and non pros which means you may or not smash in a 2 day trip with her. It is possible to invest a ton of money in travel lodging and food but because the woman in question wants to save face and does not want to appear as a hoe she might not have sex with you, or if she does the sex may not be worth the effort in your opinion.

Some of my Camaro True Stories are local adventures, but some are the result of my travelling. When I do a cost benefit analysis sometimes it does not add up. I have a love hate relationship with Sosua between the attitude of some of the chicas and their expectations but at the end of the day even for me as an ex-pat Sosua serves its purpose. ..therefore I will be back...

camaro1257
01-03-2018, 01:32 PM
Santo Domingo Carribe Tours

I have become quite familiar with the Puerto Plata, Santiago & Santo Domingo Carribe Tours route.

http://news.insearchofchicas.org/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=147913&stc=1http://news.insearchofchicas.org/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=147912&stc=1http://news.insearchofchicas.org/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=147914&stc=1

I have driven to many of the main destinations in the Dominican Republic and although I enjoy the freedom that driving provides I am reassessing the risk versus reward of driving in the Dominican Republic.

Although I have Casa Conductor insurance on my vehicle I got into a couple of accidents that were not reported to the authorities all of which cost me money and have made me very apprehensive about driving in the Dominican Republic. It appears to me that even when the extranjero is right he is wrong.

Another problem is the roads. There are very few roads in the Dominican Republic that match the United States Interstate system in terms of road quality and construction. The road that has cost me the most money is the Puerto Plata Navarette Highway in between Puerto Plata and Santiago. It is a two lane road full of post holes and debris. Not to mention because it is a two lane highway that is used by big truck and semi tractor trailers the traffic not only destroys the pavement that traffic moves slower so there is always faster traffic that is crossing the center line and crazy speeds to get around slower traffic which can be quite frightening at times.

In the 2 years I have had my truck I have had to replace a set of tires and bent 2 rims, 1 of them twice due to road conditions. Fortunately I was able to repair the rims without replacing them which would have been very expensive. I never understood why there are so many tire shops in the Dominican Republic until now.

Due to my experiences driving I am more strategic and calculating about when and where I will drive.

Santo Domingo is a great diversion

I enjoy Santo Domingo as a diversion from the restaurants hotels malls shopping and of course the chicas but it's a crazy city with MADDDD traffic problems so for me I wouldn't want to live there. I spent New Years in Santo Domingo with a couple of chicas and brought in 2018 without much fan fare.

MrHappy
01-03-2018, 02:19 PM
Santo Domingo Carribe Tours

I have become quite familiar with the Puerto Plata, Santiago & Santo Domingo Carribe Tours route.

Click to see pic (http://news.insearchofchicas.org/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=147913&stc=1)Click to see pic (http://news.insearchofchicas.org/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=147912&stc=1)Click to see pic (http://news.insearchofchicas.org/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=147914&stc=1)

I have driven to many of the main destinations in the Dominican Republic and although I enjoy the freedom that driving provides I am reassessing the risk versus reward of driving in the Dominican Republic.

Although I have Casa Conductor insurance on my vehicle I got into a couple of accidents that were not reported to the authorities all of which cost me money and have made me very apprehensive about driving in the Dominican Republic. It appears to me that even when the extranjero is right he is wrong.

Another problem is the roads. There are very few roads in the Dominican Republic that match the United States Interstate system in terms of road quality and construction. The road that has cost me the most money is the Puerto Plata Navarette Highway in between Puerto Plata and Santiago. It is a two lane road full of post holes and debris. Not to mention because it is a two lane highway that is used by big truck and semi tractor trailers the traffic not only destroys the pavement that traffic moves slower so there is always faster traffic that is crossing the center line and crazy speeds to get around slower traffic which can be quite frightening at times.

In the 2 years I have had my truck I have had to replace a set of tires and bent 2 rims, 1 of them twice due to road conditions. Fortunately I was able to repair the rims without replacing them which would have been very expensive. I never understood why there are so many tire shops in the Dominican Republic until now.

Due to my experiences driving I am more strategic and calculating about when and where I will drive.

Santo Domingo is a great diversion

I enjoy Santo Domingo as a diversion from the restaurants hotels malls shopping and of course the chicas but it's a crazy city with MADDDD traffic problems so for me I wouldn't want to live there. I spent New Years in Santo Domingo with a couple of chicas and brought in 2018 without much fan fare.

I have been around the island dozens of times. Enough that I really don't care to do it much any more, but that may be an age thing too. Getting girls in the campo is like shooting fish in a barrel though.

As far as driving in Santo Domingo, it's a nightmare if you haven't adapted to how Dominicans drive. It's an art form that takes a long time to get good at, and I say that in all seriousness. There's a method to the madness. I've only had a couple of fender benders here in all my years, and I'm convinced it's because I'm accustomed to driving here. One thing I will tell you, speed is your mortal enemy in this country.

You also have to know the different routes from any one point to another, and you have to learn the idiosyncrasies of many major intersections or you can end up sitting in one spot forever. Knowing shortcuts and secondary routes to every destination is imperative. If you don't, it's an incredibly frustrating experience.

DMV
01-03-2018, 08:59 PM
I have been around the island dozens of times. Enough that I really don't care to do it much any more, but that may be an age thing too. Getting girls in the campo is like shooting fish in a barrel though.

As far as driving in Santo Domingo, it's a nightmare if you haven't adapted to how Dominicans drive. It's an art form that takes a long time to get good at, and I say that in all seriousness. There's a method to the madness. I've only had a couple of fender benders here in all my years, and I'm convinced it's because I'm accustomed to driving here. One thing I will tell you, speed is your mortal enemy in this country.

You also have to know the different routes from any one point to another, and you have to learn the idiosyncrasies of many major intersections or you can end up sitting in one spot forever. Knowing shortcuts and secondary routes to every destination is imperative. If you don't, it's an incredibly frustrating experience.

That's why I don't drive in SD, unless its the weekend or Semana Santa.
i use one cabbie that knows all parts of the city and how to get around traffic jams. Also I like it because when I need to go to a government building or some store on the other side of town, he knows how to get there. Many cabbies still have to stop and ask for directions.

I would have had many accidents if I had to find these places.

jose1234
01-03-2018, 09:42 PM
I live near Sosua. After the first time driving to Santo Domingo many years ago I have taken the bus every time after that due to the traffic and other city hassles that come with driving a car. The bus feels safer and easier, only a bit boring. When in Santo Domingo taxi's are generally plentiful and after you get a few taxi phone numbers you will likely never be stuck anywhere. If your staying in central Santo Domingo, everything is within a 250 pesos taxi ride. I would like to spend a bit more time there in the future if I can.

camaro1257
01-04-2018, 06:55 AM
Back in Sosua

My relationship with Sosua is cyclical one minute I love it the next minute I hate it. The attitude of the new breed of chics is a turn off however there are still gems to be found you simply have to have the patience to mine them.

I have spent a lot of time with El Toro and other friends in Sosua recently partly for the fellowship but the other part is so Puerto Plata has been slow for me recently. At one time I had over a dozen numbers of Puerto Plata chics most of all have been deleted. Some I deleted and some deleted me...haaaaaaaaaaaaa!...I guess I have been a BADD gringo.

I was not in Sosua for the entire holiday season but reports reveal talent was meager at best.

http://news.insearchofchicas.org/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=147915&stc=1http://news.insearchofchicas.org/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=147916&stc=1http://news.insearchofchicas.org/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=147917&stc=1http://news.insearchofchicas.org/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=147918&stc=1http://news.insearchofchicas.org/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=147919&stc=1http://news.insearchofchicas.org/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=147920&stc=1http://news.insearchofchicas.org/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=147921&stc=1

sopranostingray
01-04-2018, 09:28 AM
The Sosua chicas are getting uglier all the time. Most have fat asses...either naturally or by injections. They love their one piece suits which makes them look even fatter. Things have really gone down hill in the past years. They don't have the pride they used to have. Also, I can't believe the chicas I see driving vehicles and pasolas. Western Union is still booming!

The Sage
01-04-2018, 10:26 AM
It's like they're convinced they have to be big and sloppy to get business. I'll pass. One of the regulars blew up like a balloon. I took her anyway because we've always had a good relationship. Back at the hotel I couldn't even get an erection. After years of dealing with her flaca the gorda her was a complete turn off. I paid her and took her back to the strip.

The Sosua chicas are getting uglier all the time. Most have fat asses...either naturally or by injections. They love their one piece suits which makes them look even fatter. Things have really gone down hill in the past years. They don't have the pride they used to have. Also, I can't believe the chicas I see driving vehicles and pasolas. Western Union is still booming!

Atlantic City Jimmy
01-04-2018, 11:02 AM
It's like they're convinced they have to be big and sloppy to get business. I'll pass. One of the regulars blew up like a balloon. I took her anyway because we've always had a good relationship. Back at the hotel I couldn't even get an erection. After years of dealing with her flaca the gorda her was a complete turn off. I paid her and took her back to the strip.

Fat turns me off also.

jose1234
01-04-2018, 11:16 AM
Between 26 and 30 years old, many of them expand to gorda proportions. Some sooner...some later... There are plenty of guys that like a bigger chica with the big ass.

Atlantic City Jimmy
01-04-2018, 11:19 AM
Between 26 and 30 years old, many of them expand to gorda proportions. Some sooner...some later... There are plenty of guys that like a bigger chica with the big ass.

The only times it matters is when they are your wife.

In our
cases, when they go above 110 pounds, NEXT!

jose1234
01-04-2018, 11:28 AM
:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl: Exactly
The only times it matters is when they are your wife.

In our
cases, when they go above 110 pounds, NEXT!

jose1234
01-04-2018, 11:31 AM
Every year just before Christmas until about now, many of the Chicas go back home for the holidays. Things will be back to normal beginning this weekend in Sosua. They should be hungry and motivated.

camaro1257
01-04-2018, 12:13 PM
Turistas Normal en Sosua

http://news.insearchofchicas.org/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=147935&stc=1http://news.insearchofchicas.org/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=147936&stc=1http://news.insearchofchicas.org/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=147937&stc=1

Westy
01-04-2018, 01:17 PM
Turistas Normal en Sosua

Click to see pic (http://news.insearchofchicas.org/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=147935&stc=1)Click to see pic (http://news.insearchofchicas.org/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=147936&stc=1)Click to see pic (http://news.insearchofchicas.org/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=147937&stc=1)
The turistas are looking better than the chicas de calle. :rofl:

camaro1257
01-04-2018, 05:05 PM
Surgery in Sosua

http://news.insearchofchicas.org/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=147952&stc=1http://news.insearchofchicas.org/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=147953&stc=1http://news.insearchofchicas.org/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=147954&stc=1

Sosua is not like Medellin with all the enhanced chicas but more and more chicas are being enhanced.

El-Rey
01-05-2018, 12:33 PM
Cam with the on site reporting

Al Nyc
01-05-2018, 04:35 PM
All I got to say is,YUCK!!! Sosua has diminished greatly since my first trip in 2006. I still go there and manage to find a gem. But it is getting far and few in between every time I go down there.

distantvoyeur
01-05-2018, 06:30 PM
As long as gems are there, all is good.

Need to weed out more gorda's but I always found something when I was in the mood.... only need one.

camaro1257
01-05-2018, 06:54 PM
El Chivo de Sosua

El Chivo is campaigning for Mayor of Sosua

http://news.insearchofchicas.org/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=147968&stc=1

After campaigning to potential voters it's time to take a fiesta

http://news.insearchofchicas.org/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=147970&stc=1http://news.insearchofchicas.org/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=147971&stc=1

El Chivo for Mayor...he's got my vote...haaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!

camaro1257
01-07-2018, 07:32 AM
Anecdotal Observation

Recently I has a session with a Puerto Plata barrio chic. I was very explicit with what I wanted and she agreed after extensive discussions. When she came over she reneged on our agreement and because I was in my place and didn't want any drama I kept my part of the bargain although she did not keep her part. This situation caused me to reflect on some of the other experiences I have had living here.

I have noticed a pattern, many of the Dominicans I have come in contact with lack the integrity that I am accustomed to. I am not perfect by any stretch of the imagination, however if I say something I have every intention of doing what I said I was going to do unless there a legitimate circumstances that cause me to change course.

This situation is not the first time someone has agreed to very clear and specific terms but not kept their word. When I purchased my truck the person I bought it from agreed to specific mechanical issues being repaired. On the day of the sale I neglected to confirm the issues were resolved and later I discovered what was agreed upon was not done.

What I have discovered is it is common here to make an agreement for the objective of attaining short term gain. In the case of the aforementioned chica I gave her what I agreed upon, but she is not likely to see any more money from me going forward. Therefore she got a short term gain but her actions have caused her to miss out on long term gain.

This situation reminds me of the idiom "action speaks louder than words." In order to have an agreement you need the word of two parties, however unfortunately you do not know if the person you made the agreement with will keep their word until AFTER the agreement has been made.

Lack of integrity is not a uniquely Dominican problem. I realize it can happen wherever I find myself. It is not that I did not encounter a lack of integrity in the United States or the other countries to which I have travelled, it just seems to be a common pattern I am encountering here. I have met people here who fiercely keep their word and are very reliable; I treasure those encounters.

I walk away with a lesson learned that I need to continue to be clear as to my expectations and pay more attention to what people do than what they say.

camaro1257
01-07-2018, 02:46 PM
La Sirena & Jumbo - Puerto Plata

There are 3 major food chains in Puerto Plata, La Sirena, Jumbo and Jose Luis. La Sirena has an extensive history in Puerto Plata and I used them almost exclusively until Jumbo opened within the last few months. As long as I have lived in Puerto Plata I have never set foot in Jose Luis so I cannot speak on what it has to offer.

La Sirena

http://news.insearchofchicas.org/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=148060&stc=1http://news.insearchofchicas.org/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=148062&stc=1

Both La Sirena and Jumbo have groceries, clothing, hardware and electronics like mini Department stores. The major difference for me has been La Sirena's full kitchen and cafeteria. Jumbo has a small kitchen and the make pizza sandwhiches and some hot foods but they do not have an extensive kitchen and cafeteria with salad bar etc. You can get a decent meal at La Sirena for 300 pesos which makes a great lunch or dinner option.

Jumbo

http://news.insearchofchicas.org/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=148063&stc=1http://news.insearchofchicas.org/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=148064&stc=1

Jumbo has a small seating area for snacking but not a large seating area like La Sirena. Ingress and egress is a little more difficult at Jumbo than La Sirena. In the beginning there was no traffic light at the entrance and exit of Jumbo which made for a traffic nightmare; now there not only are traffic lights but also a camera however I have no idea if the camera actually works because occasionally I see people still running the light at both the entrance and exit.

Price comparison

Regardless as to which store you choose you can easily spend a fortune. For example:

Haagan-Dazs at La Sirena was 625 pesos or $13.00

http://news.insearchofchicas.org/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=148066&stc=1

Haagan-Dazs at Jumbo was a little less 599 pesos.

http://news.insearchofchicas.org/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=148068&stc=1

Prices between both stores are comparable. La Sirena has a rewards program where the scan a ID card you are issued that gives you money back off future purchases. Jumbo has sale days when certain items are slashed up to 30% off.

Interesting food item such as salmon ranged from 500 - 1000 pesos depending on the cut. Most restaurants I have been to charge the same between 500-1000 pesos for a salmon dinner so in that case you are better off eating out than purchasing salmon and eating it at home unless you simply don't like eating out.

Conclusion

I prefer La Sirena only because of it's cafeteria and kitchen. Prices are comparable at both locations however Jumbo's fruit and vegetables seemed to be fresher and more varied than La Sirena. Therefore I will be visiting both stores depending on what I am looking for.

I find the cost of U.S. brand items can be 10-30% higher than in the United States due to those items having to be imported and those cost are passed on to the consumer. If you are not careful you can drop a bank roll shopping at these 2 stores so if you are on a budget you need to mindful of what you are spending. In my case I am trying to eat healthy and steer away from the high starch Dominican diet so a place with fresh fruits and vegetables is right up my alley.

camaro1257
01-10-2018, 10:08 AM
Puerto Plata Navarette Hwy

When I first arrived in the Dominican Republic I was paranoid about driving and I subsequently discovered there is good cause for that paranoia. Despite the risk in driving here I feel like not having my own transportation would be like a eagle without wings. I enjoy the freedom driving provides. There are times when I am bored I pack a bag and I am off.

The main route between Puerto Plata and Santiago is the Puerto Plata Navarette Hwy. It is a 2 lane road that is currently under construction to widen the road. It is best not to drive at night not only because of the contruction but as you can see in the below photo there are barriers to the right side of the driver and the road currently is very narrow.

http://news.insearchofchicas.org/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=148116&stc=1

http://news.insearchofchicas.org/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=148117&stc=1

There are some sections where it is literally a 1 lane road due to construction

http://news.insearchofchicas.org/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=148118&stc=1

It's a scary thought to think I might get run off the road giving how crazy some Dominicans drive

http://news.insearchofchicas.org/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=148119&stc=1

One of the scariest things to see is an oncoming car approaching you in your lane on a two lane road when you have no place to go other than strike a barrier, bridge abutment or ditch.

http://news.insearchofchicas.org/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=148120&stc=1

Yes, and I don't smoke...haaaaaaaaaaaa!

http://news.insearchofchicas.org/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=148121&stc=1

It's really going to be interesting to see how they widen the road in Maimon where all the fish restaurants are and the tunnel just outside of Santiago.

http://news.insearchofchicas.org/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=148122&stc=1

It is a BLESSING to see this sight when I am driving to Santiago. The Santiago - Navarette junction is where the road changes from a 2 lane terrible highway to a 4 lane highway that is comparable to Interstates in the United States.

http://news.insearchofchicas.org/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=148123&stc=1

I can save a ton of money by not driving to Santo Domingo because of the distance and fuel consumption however the Santiago trip is about even in terms of cost between driving and using public transportation.

Everybody has their own driving temperament but personally I do not rejoice in driving on 2 lane roads that are crumbling and having to dodge oncoming traffic in my lane. I am eager to see what the Puerto Plata Navarette Hwy looks like when they are complete.

camaro1257
01-10-2018, 11:49 PM
Tenga Cuidado

The person on the right is a Sosua chic that can be seen in Merengue and Classicos on a regular basis. The person on the left is trans-gendered I have no idea how deep they are into the process but if you ever get a chance to look at them up close the person has obvious masculine features.

http://news.insearchofchicas.org/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=148125&stc=1

Tenga cuidado there are a few obvious males working the strip in Sosua...play at your own risk...

Westy
01-10-2018, 11:50 PM
Tenga Cuidado

The person on the right is a Sosua chic that can be seen in Merengue and Classicos on a regular basis. The person on the left is trans-gendered I have no idea how deep they are into the process but if you ever get a chance to look at them up close the person has obvious masculine features.

Click to see pic (http://news.insearchofchicas.org/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=148125&stc=1)

Tenga cuidado there are a few obvious males working the strip in Sosua...play at your own risk...

As they say in Thailand ...

"Katoey!" --
"Gesundheit!" :rofl:

camaro1257
01-11-2018, 01:37 PM
Tenga Cuidado

Click to see pic (http://news.insearchofchicas.org/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=148125&stc=1)

Another one...

http://news.insearchofchicas.org/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=148130&stc=1

camaro1257
01-12-2018, 10:31 AM
Malecon -Puerto Plata

The Malecon is the auto-pista the runs east to west on the north side of Puerto Plata facing the beach and the Atlantic Ocean. The are small outside restaurants called cassetas on the north side and on the south side there are restaurants bars and clubs.

http://news.insearchofchicas.org/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=148143&stc=1http://news.insearchofchicas.org/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=148144&stc=1http://news.insearchofchicas.org/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=148145&stc=1

Miami is one of the featured clubs on the south side it is an outdoor venue with big screen TV for videos and indoor venue

http://news.insearchofchicas.org/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=148146&stc=1http://news.insearchofchicas.org/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=148147&stc=1http://news.insearchofchicas.org/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=148148&stc=1

camaro1257
01-12-2018, 01:55 PM
Malecon -Puerto Plata

The Malecon is the auto-pista the runs east to west on the north side of Puerto Plata facing the beach and the Atlantic Ocean. The are small outside restaurants called cassetas on the north side and on the south side there are restaurants bars and clubs.

Click to see pic (http://news.insearchofchicas.org/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=148143&stc=1)Click to see pic (http://news.insearchofchicas.org/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=148144&stc=1)Click to see pic (http://news.insearchofchicas.org/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=148145&stc=1)

Miami is one of the featured clubs on the south side it is an outdoor venue with big screen TV for videos and indoor venue

Click to see pic (http://news.insearchofchicas.org/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=148146&stc=1)Click to see pic (http://news.insearchofchicas.org/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=148147&stc=1)Click to see pic (http://news.insearchofchicas.org/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=148148&stc=1)

Malecon Continued

The only 4 star hotels in the Puerto Plata area are the resorts. There are several 1 and 2 star hotels scattered throughout the city. The most famous is Lorimar which the last I looked didn't even have a web site.

http://news.insearchofchicas.org/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=148149&stc=1

Puerto Plata is a city of over 100,000 and the only fire house I am aware of is the fire house on the Malecon. God help us if there is a multiple alarm fire.

http://news.insearchofchicas.org/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=148150&stc=1

La Sirena has easy access do to being on the Malecon

http://news.insearchofchicas.org/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=148151&stc=1

ezsmile
01-12-2018, 04:54 PM
Malecon -Puerto Plata

Click to see pic (http://news.insearchofchicas.org/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=148143&stc=1)Click to see pic (http://news.insearchofchicas.org/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=148144&stc=1)Click to see pic (http://news.insearchofchicas.org/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=148145&stc=1)

Click to see pic (http://news.insearchofchicas.org/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=148146&stc=1)Click to see pic (http://news.insearchofchicas.org/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=148147&stc=1)Click to see pic (http://news.insearchofchicas.org/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=148148&stc=1)

Is this the one with the orange sinks in the washroom, where many chicas take their selfies?

http://news.insearchofchicas.org/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=148154&d=1515794029

camaro1257
01-12-2018, 05:13 PM
Is this the one with the orange sinks in the washroom, where many chicas take their selfies?

Click to see pic (http://news.insearchofchicas.org/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=148154&d=1515794029)

No, that is Chalo's on Calle Diez y Seis it's right around the corner from the Malecon.

camaro1257
01-12-2018, 06:36 PM
Malecon -Puerto Plata

Malecon

There are a few decent restaurants on the south side of the Malecon. Aqua Cero, Casa Mia & Tam Tam all have indoor and outdoor seating where you can enjoy the breeze off the Atlantic Ocean

http://news.insearchofchicas.org/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=148155&stc=1http://news.insearchofchicas.org/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=148156&stc=1

I saw a long time Sosua street rat at Tam Tam when I was eating breakfast I see she got promoted from the mean streets of Sosua...haaaaaaaaaa!

http://news.insearchofchicas.org/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=148157&stc=1http://news.insearchofchicas.org/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=148158&stc=1http://news.insearchofchicas.org/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=148159&stc=1

The Malecon is a primary meeting place on Sunday nights when traffic galore can be seen people drinking and music blasting.

camaro1257
01-16-2018, 09:57 AM
Orange is now Altice

There are two main cell phone providers in the Dominican Republic, Claro & Orange.

http://news.insearchofchicas.org/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=148230&stc=1

It can be debated but IMHO Claro has better service but Orange has better prices. I have a plan which includes my cell phone and a internet hot box which I pay monthly. I spent the entire month of November last year in the United States so I did not pay my bill while I was away. When I returned to the Dominican Republic I searched for an Orange store so I could pay my bill and guess what...GUESS?...There was NO Orange store to be found WTF?

I did not get the memo that Orange changed it's name to Altice. Every location that I went to looking for the familiar Orange sign was now a black sign saying Altice.

This is an FYI for those who do not already know Orange is now Altice.

Westy
01-16-2018, 10:18 AM
Orange is now Altice

There are two main cell phone providers in the Dominican Republic, Claro & Orange.

Click to see pic (http://news.insearchofchicas.org/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=148230&stc=1)

It can be debated but IMHO Claro has better service but Orange has better prices. I have a plan which includes my cell phone and a internet hot box which I pay monthly. I spent the entire month of November last year in the United States so I did not pay my bill while I was away. When I returned to the Dominican Republic I searched for an Orange store so I could pay my bill and guess what...GUESS?...There was NO Orange store to be found WTF?

I did not get the memo that Orange changed it's name to Altice. Every location that I went to looking for the familiar Orange sign was now a black sign saying Altice.

This is an FYI for those who do not already know Orange is now Altice.

So in other words, Black is the new Orange. :rolleyes:

camaro1257
01-21-2018, 02:11 AM
Happy Birthday Bar, Sosua

I celebrated Tiger's 64th birthday at Happy Birthday Bar

http://news.insearchofchicas.org/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=148359&stc=1
http://news.insearchofchicas.org/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=148360&stc=1
http://news.insearchofchicas.org/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=148361&stc=1http://news.insearchofchicas.org/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=148362&stc=1
http://news.insearchofchicas.org/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=148363&stc=1http://news.insearchofchicas.org/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=148364&stc=1

MrHappy
01-21-2018, 05:57 AM
Malecon

There are a few decent restaurants on the south side of the Malecon. Aqua Cero, Casa Mia & Tam Tam all have indoor and outdoor seating where you can enjoy the breeze off the Atlantic Ocean

Click to see pic (http://news.insearchofchicas.org/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=148155&stc=1)Click to see pic (http://news.insearchofchicas.org/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=148156&stc=1)

I saw a long time Sosua street rat at Tam Tam when I was eating breakfast I see she got promoted from the mean streets of Sosua...haaaaaaaaaa!

Click to see pic (http://news.insearchofchicas.org/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=148157&stc=1)Click to see pic (http://news.insearchofchicas.org/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=148158&stc=1)Click to see pic (http://news.insearchofchicas.org/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=148159&stc=1)

The Malecon is a primary meeting place on Sunday nights when traffic galore can be seen people drinking and music blasting.

Man... logged a lot of hours at that spot, and down at the other end of the Malecon before they razed everything. (I think before your time Cam..)

http://news.insearchofchicas.org/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=148155&stc=1

BronxMoney
01-23-2018, 04:29 PM
Another one...

Click to see pic (http://news.insearchofchicas.org/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=148130&stc=1)EEEEUUUUUUUU!!!!!!

Ahh HELLLLSS NOOOOO!!!!

camaro1257
02-01-2018, 10:57 AM
Dominican Baseball Playoffs

I had dinner with friends in Sosua after which we hung out on Pedro Clisante in front of Merengue. Aguilas Cibaenas defeated Tigers de Licey 11-5. It was pandemonium on Pedro Clisante after the game, Dominicans are FANATICS for their baseball
http://news.insearchofchicas.org/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=148890&stc=1

http://news.insearchofchicas.org/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=148888&stc=1http://news.insearchofchicas.org/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=148889&stc=1

I wanted to go home then but there was no way I wanted to navigate that crazy traffic so I waited and got home safe.

camaro1257
02-02-2018, 09:05 AM
Las Colinas Mall, Santiago

Las Colinas Mall has become my go-to meeting spot when I am trying to get acquainted with Santiago chicas. It is one of the largest malls in Santiago and everybody knows where it is.

http://news.insearchofchicas.org/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=148905&stc=1http://news.insearchofchicas.org/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=148906&stc=1

I do not know how old the mall is but judging by the bathroom it is very old

http://news.insearchofchicas.org/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=148907&stc=1

There were no hand towels and the hand drier did not work. It wouldn't be right to have a toilet seat...haaaaaaaaaa!

http://news.insearchofchicas.org/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=148908&stc=1

The food court has varias restaurants that serve everything from pizza and hamburgers to comida tipica. It makes a great place to meet women for the first time to get them to feel comfortable with you.

http://news.insearchofchicas.org/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=148909&stc=1http://news.insearchofchicas.org/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=148910&stc=1

On this trip I was on my way to La Vega and Jarabacoa for a date. My date requested a dildo so I was more than happy to oblige. I was told that Las Colinas had a sex shop so it was easy to stop there because it was on the way to Le Vega.

I arrived and spoke with security because I was unable to find a sex store. I asked him "hay una tienda de juggetes de sexo aqui" and his response was "no". I walked towards the escalator ready to go and guess what I saw?

http://news.insearchofchicas.org/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=148911&stc=1

I took a photo of the options so I could send it to my date via WhatsApp so she could choose.

http://news.insearchofchicas.org/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=148912&stc=1

She didn't answer my message in time so I got #1 and headed toward La Vega. When she finally got the message guess which one she picked?...GUESS? She picked #1...I just have one question...WHO'S DAH MANNN?...haaaaaaaaaaaa!

MrHappy
02-02-2018, 09:17 AM
Las Colinas Mall, Santiago

On this trip I was on my way to La Vega and Jarabacoa for a date. My date requested a dildo so I was more than happy to oblige. I was told that Las Colinas had a sex shop so it was easy to stop there because it was on the way to Le Vega.

Click to see pic (http://news.insearchofchicas.org/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=148912&stc=1)

She didn't answer my message in time so I got #1 and headed toward La Vega. When she finally got the message guess which one she picked?...GUESS? She picked #1...I just have one question...WHO'S DAH MANNN?...haaaaaaaaaaaa!

This always leaves me wondering. I've never had a girl request a dildo or a vibrator or any other kind of device for that matter. Do you bring up the subject first?

camaro1257
02-02-2018, 10:45 AM
This always leaves me wondering. I've never had a girl request a dildo or a vibrator or any other kind of device for that matter. Do you bring up the subject first?

Yes, I told her I wanted to be sure she would leche for me so I was going to use my bullet. She never answered but in a subsequent conversation she said she wanted me to buy her a vibrator. IDK I think she had to think about it. She said it was her first time and judging by her response I believe her.

MrHappy
02-02-2018, 11:44 AM
Yes, I told her I wanted to be sure she would leche for me so I was going to use my bullet. She never answered but in a subsequent conversation she said she wanted me to buy her a vibrator. IDK I think she had to think about it. She said it was her first time and judging by her response I believe her.

Yup, that would explain it. I guess I need to be less selfish and start being more sensitive to their wants and needs.. :rofl::rofl:

The Sage
02-02-2018, 02:22 PM
I’ve never tried to use a dildo with a chick, but I typically bring a vibrator with me when I visito. I keep it in a plastic bag and simply hand it to them. The one I have is big enough to put a condom on which I usually offer if I see a bit of reluctance on their faces. Last trip I had one who emphatically said “no megusta” so I put the vibrator back in the drawer. About 15 minutes later she takes a condom walkss over to the drawer and with a smile on her face pulls out the vibrator and thereafter went to work. She seemed to enjoy herself.

Yup, that would explain it. I guess I need to be less selfish and start being more sensitive to their wants and needs.. :rofl::rofl:

camaro1257
02-04-2018, 12:52 PM
Alta Vista, Jarabacoa

Alta Vista is a 5 star restaurant outside La Vega in the mountains of Jarabacoa

http://news.insearchofchicas.org/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=148948&stc=1
http://news.insearchofchicas.org/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=148949&stc=1

The restaurant is 5000 feet above sea level with a great view and a helicopter pad. The helicopter provides tours by air over the mountain ranges La Vega and Santiago.

http://news.insearchofchicas.org/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=148952&stc=1

camaro1257
02-04-2018, 04:26 PM
Atla Vista view

http://news.insearchofchicas.org/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=148979&stc=1http://news.insearchofchicas.org/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=148980&stc=1http://news.insearchofchicas.org/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=148981&stc=1

Atlantic City Jimmy
02-04-2018, 05:23 PM
Alta Vista, Jarabacoa

Alta Vista is a 5 star restaurant outside La Vega in the mountains of Jarabacoa

Click to see pic (http://news.insearchofchicas.org/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=148948&stc=1)
Click to see pic (http://news.insearchofchicas.org/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=148949&stc=1)

The restaurant is 5000 feet above sea level with a great view and a helicopter pad. The helicopter provides tours by air over the mountain ranges La Vega and Santiago.

Click to see pic (http://news.insearchofchicas.org/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=148952&stc=1)

These places are great

camaro1257
02-06-2018, 02:28 AM
IMHO Alta Vista is a 5 Star Restaurant

Once you enter the restaurant you are greeted by a hostess, you can either sit outside on the terrace or inside in the dining room

http://news.insearchofchicas.org/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=148998&stc=1http://news.insearchofchicas.org/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=148999&stc=1http://news.insearchofchicas.org/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=149000&stc=1

You have a primary server but other servers are available to serve your needs. The food is great you can figure on 1000 pesos a plate maybe more dpending on what you like. There are the typical seafood and meat dishes. I had salmon both times. I eat salmon on a regular bases at various restaurants and I do not recall many other restaurants to compare to the salmon at Alta Vista.There was no sauce so it had to be how the salmon was marinated.

Dinner was 2500 pesos for salmon & shrimp and I splurged and purchased a 2500 pesos bottle of 3 year old red wine for my date. She drank the whole bottle by herself and she got drunk as a SKUNK but that's another story...haaaaaaaaaaaa!

Atlantic City Jimmy
02-06-2018, 07:10 AM
IMHO Alta Vista is a 5 Star Restaurant

Once you enter the restaurant you are greeted by a hostess, you can either sit outside on the terrace or inside in the dining room

Click to see pic (http://news.insearchofchicas.org/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=148998&stc=1)Click to see pic (http://news.insearchofchicas.org/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=148999&stc=1)Click to see pic (http://news.insearchofchicas.org/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=149000&stc=1)

You have a primary server but other servers are available to serve your needs. The food is great you can figure on 1000 pesos a plate maybe more dpending on what you like. There are the typical seafood and meat dishes. I had salmon both times. I eat salmon on a regular bases at various restaurants and I do not recall many other restaurants to compare to the salmon at Alta Vista.There was no sauce so it had to be how the salmon was marinated.

Dinner was 2500 pesos for salmon & shrimp and I splurged and purchased a 2500 pesos bottle of 3 year old red wine for my date. She drank the whole bottle by herself and she got drunk as a SKUNK but that's another story...haaaaaaaaaaaa!

Another cool looking place.

minkyboodle
02-06-2018, 07:36 AM
Very nice Cam! Beautiful spot!

camaro1257
02-06-2018, 04:08 PM
There was live entertainment in the dinning room

My first time was a lunch date so I did not get to see the live entertainment but this time I stayed for the show. There was a husband and wife team singing Latin ballads and they both sounded pretty good although I believe the wife was better. Interesting enough they did not sing together they only sang separately.
http://news.insearchofchicas.org/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=149059&stc=1http://news.insearchofchicas.org/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=149060&stc=1http://news.insearchofchicas.org/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=149061&stc=1

Towards the end of the show they entertained guest. The above chic was invited to come to the stage, she obviously had surgery her body was almost perfectly sculpted and her boyfriend was a fat out of shape guy I can only imagine what her company was costing him.

Overall I had a great time. I spent a lot of money for Dominican standards but the restaurant ambiance and the food was great. I would love to return.

camaro1257
02-07-2018, 02:38 PM
El Sistema Dominicano

About 2 and a half years ago applied for the truncated immigration program that was put in place to legitimize those Haitians that qualified. Some ex-pats took advantage of the same program which eliminated many of the normal steps you have to go through in order to get your residency in the Dominican Republic.

They have finalized the process and I only needed to submit a few more documents to get my residency cedula. I had to go to the immigration office which is next to the Police Department in Puerto Plata. I arrived at 7am because I heard there were long lines for the 8am opening of the office. When I arrived an hour early the line was wrapped around the building.

http://news.insearchofchicas.org/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=149078&stc=1http://news.insearchofchicas.org/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=149079&stc=1http://news.insearchofchicas.org/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=149080&stc=1

I remembered another ex-pat friend said he knew one of the immigration officials and I should talk to him to expedite the process. I found him and I skipped the line went inside. I had to get a copy of some documents before I could finish. The copy store is across the street from the office. While I was waiting for the copy I turned and who was behind me? The immigration official he says "usted sabes tengo que darnos algo?" I said "cuantos quieres?" He says "lo que sea" I gave him something he was off.

I returned to the office with everything I needed and completed the process in about 2 hours. The people I was in line with were still waiting I have no idea if they were even served that day. I was thinking it is a shame how they treat Haitians I know there is a long history of contention there but at that moment I was glad I wasn't Haitian because everybody in line was Haitian. All the other extranjeros seemed to know the process and skipped the line also.

At that point it occurred to me how important it is in life where and in what condition you were born. I always knew it intellectually but the experience reminded me of the hard cold truth.

camaro1257
02-08-2018, 01:00 PM
Torre Kensington Apartments, Naco- Santo Domingo

I decided to do Santo Domingo excursion to break the North Coast monotony. I stayed at Torre Kensington Apartments in Naco which is an upper class part of Santo Domingo.

Entrance
http://news.insearchofchicas.org/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=149091&stc=1http://news.insearchofchicas.org/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=149092&stc=1

Apartment

http://news.insearchofchicas.org/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=149093&stc=1http://news.insearchofchicas.org/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=149094&stc=1http://news.insearchofchicas.org/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=149095&stc=1http://news.insearchofchicas.org/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=149096&stc=1http://news.insearchofchicas.org/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=149097&stc=1http://news.insearchofchicas.org/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=149098&stc=1

Atlantic City Jimmy
02-08-2018, 01:30 PM
Torre Kensington Apartments, Naco- Santo Domingo

I decided to do Santo Domingo excursion to break the North Coast monotony. I stayed at Torre Kensington Apartments in Naco which is an upper class part of Santo Domingo.

Entrance
Click to see pic (http://news.insearchofchicas.org/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=149091&stc=1)Click to see pic (http://news.insearchofchicas.org/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=149092&stc=1)

Apartment

Click to see pic (http://news.insearchofchicas.org/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=149093&stc=1)Click to see pic (http://news.insearchofchicas.org/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=149094&stc=1)Click to see pic (http://news.insearchofchicas.org/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=149095&stc=1)Click to see pic (http://news.insearchofchicas.org/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=149096&stc=1)Click to see pic (http://news.insearchofchicas.org/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=149097&stc=1)Click to see pic (http://news.insearchofchicas.org/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=149098&stc=1)

That is nice

camaro1257
02-08-2018, 02:18 PM
Vista de La Cuidad

The apartment was on the 8th floor so it had a decent city view

http://news.insearchofchicas.org/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=149099&stc=1http://news.insearchofchicas.org/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=149100&stc=1http://news.insearchofchicas.org/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=149101&stc=1

My friend had a couple of chics over

http://news.insearchofchicas.org/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=149102&stc=1http://news.insearchofchicas.org/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=149103&stc=1http://news.insearchofchicas.org/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=149104&stc=1

The building had a doorman and garage with controlled access so it was very secure.

camaro1257
02-09-2018, 07:05 AM
Applebee's Restaurant, Naco-Santo Domingo

The only U.S. chain restaurants that I can recall in Puerto Plata are Burger King and Pizza Hut. Sometimes I'd like a little taste of home. Applebee's is in Naco-Santo Domingo a 5 minute walk from the apartment and it turned out to be the highlight of my stay.http://news.insearchofchicas.org/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=149118&stc=1http://news.insearchofchicas.org/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=149119&stc=1http://news.insearchofchicas.org/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=149120&stc=1http://news.insearchofchicas.org/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=149121&stc=1

There was karaoke, it's always comical to hear people sing off key...haaaaaaaaa!

http://news.insearchofchicas.org/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=149123&stc=1

The food was great. My salmon dinner was about 600 pesos which I consider to be a steal you can easily spend 1000 pesos or more for salmon depending on the restaurant.

http://news.insearchofchicas.org/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=149124&stc=1http://news.insearchofchicas.org/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=149125&stc=1http://news.insearchofchicas.org/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=149126&stc=1

camaro1257
02-09-2018, 05:25 PM
My Applebee's date

I met a chic on Facebook that turned out to be a hoe

http://news.insearchofchicas.org/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=149131&stc=1http://news.insearchofchicas.org/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=149132&stc=1

We had a decent dinner at Applebee's went back to the apartment and smashed and I gave her a monetary gift after which she asked for...she asked for...she asked for a tip...After which I was not only finished I was DONE!

I didn't travel from Puerto Plata to be with a woman with a Sosua mindset. She contacted me the next day and I told her as much after which she blocked me...oh well ...asi es la vida!

I enjoyed Applebee's and will definitely be back!!!!!!!!

ezsmile
02-10-2018, 09:40 AM
My Applebee's date

I met a chic on Facebook that turned out to be a hoe

At least she didn't order the camarones.......

MrHappy
02-10-2018, 10:16 AM
Applebee's Restaurant, Naco-Santo Domingo

The only U.S. chain restaurants that I can recall in Puerto Plata are Burger King and Pizza Hut. Sometimes I'd like a little taste of home. Applebee's is in Naco-Santo Domingo a 5 minute walk from the apartment and it turned out to be the highlight of my stay.Click to see pic (http://news.insearchofchicas.org/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=149118&stc=1)Click to see pic (http://news.insearchofchicas.org/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=149119&stc=1)Click to see pic (http://news.insearchofchicas.org/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=149120&stc=1)Click to see pic (http://news.insearchofchicas.org/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=149121&stc=1)

There was karaoke, it's always comical to hear people sing off key...haaaaaaaaa!

Click to see pic (http://news.insearchofchicas.org/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=149123&stc=1)

The food was great. My salmon dinner was about 600 pesos which I consider to be a steal you can easily spend 1000 pesos or more for salmon depending on the restaurant.

Click to see pic (http://news.insearchofchicas.org/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=149124&stc=1)Click to see pic (http://news.insearchofchicas.org/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=149125&stc=1)Click to see pic (http://news.insearchofchicas.org/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=149126&stc=1)

I'm outta there before the Karaoke starts.. hate the noise. They have another one in Downtown Center, where I go for movies all the time. It has a very nice VIP area, and you can order food to eat while you watch the movie.

camaro1257
02-10-2018, 03:14 PM
At least she didn't order the camarones.......

...actually she did...and...and...a CORONA...

http://news.insearchofchicas.org/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=149136&stc=1

...asi es la vida...

j_d66
02-10-2018, 04:19 PM
I always chuckle when they order a Miller Genuine Draft down there.

They think it is a premium import or something I tell them that it is low end trash beer in the USA

They don't like it when I say that.

camaro1257
02-10-2018, 11:14 PM
Adrian Tropical, Malecon-Santo Domingo

Adrian Tropical restaurant is a Santo Domingo staple with good food and a view of the Carribean Sea from the Maleconhttp://news.insearchofchicas.org/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=149139&stc=1http://news.insearchofchicas.org/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=149140&stc=1

They are famous for their fruit drinks

http://news.insearchofchicas.org/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=149141&stc=1

Westy
02-10-2018, 11:18 PM
I always chuckle when they order a Miller Genuine Draft down there.

They think it is a premium import or something I tell them that it is low end trash beer in the USA

They don't like it when I say that.

Absolutely ... Presidente is a high-end beer in Maryland, and MGD is down in the cheap-ass local brews.

ezsmile
02-11-2018, 09:36 AM
...actually she did...and...and...a CORONA...

Click to see pic (http://news.insearchofchicas.org/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=149136&stc=1)

...asi es la vida...

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

DMV
02-12-2018, 10:43 AM
[QUOTE=camaro1257;1448228]Applebee's Restaurant, Naco-Santo Domingo

You've been there before. We watched the basketball game there.

camaro1257
02-12-2018, 03:09 PM
[QUOTE=camaro1257;1448228]Applebee's Restaurant, Naco-Santo Domingo

You've been there before. We watched the basketball game there.

Yes, I didn't realize it until later, for some reason it looked different this time.

camaro1257
02-12-2018, 03:56 PM
Adrian Tropical View

The restaurant has a good view of the Caribbean Sea during the day and at night.http://news.insearchofchicas.org/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=149152&stc=1http://news.insearchofchicas.org/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=149153&stc=1http://news.insearchofchicas.org/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=149154&stc=1

The food and service is generally pretty good

http://news.insearchofchicas.org/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=149155&stc=1

I had the traditional American breakfast eggs bacon and pancakes which was decent. The lunch and dinner menu covers the typical fish, chicken and seafood dishes. Adrian Tropical makes a great Santo Domingo date location with good ambiance, food and service.

snoozer
02-13-2018, 09:04 AM

Adrian Tropical restaurant is a Santo Domingo staple with good food and a view of the Carribean Sea from the MaleconClick to see pic (http://news.insearchofchicas.org/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=149139&stc=1)Click to see pic (http://news.insearchofchicas.org/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=149140&stc=1)

Click to see pic (http://news.insearchofchicas.org/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=149141&stc=1)

One of my favourite places for an early evening meal in SD.

ezsmile
02-13-2018, 11:14 AM
One of my favourite places for an early evening meal in SD.

When it gets busy and the weather is nice and everyone wants to sit outside, be prepared for slow service. Not a criticism, just an observation.

snoozer
02-14-2018, 06:44 AM
When it gets busy and the weather is nice and everyone wants to sit outside, be prepared for slow service. Not a criticism, just an observation.

This is one place where I do not mind slow service. More time to enjoy the view and the ambiance.

captain69
02-14-2018, 02:14 PM
I have eaten here many times over the years. Always good food! Do they still give a small cup of pureed sancocho as a free starter? I read that the owners son died recently, street racing in the capitol. He took out 3 light poles, the vehicle(an Audi if I remember) was completely unrecognizable.

MrHappy
02-14-2018, 03:05 PM
Adrian Tropical View

The restaurant has a good view of the Caribbean Sea during the day and at night.Click to see pic (http://news.insearchofchicas.org/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=149152&stc=1)Click to see pic (http://news.insearchofchicas.org/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=149153&stc=1)Click to see pic (http://news.insearchofchicas.org/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=149154&stc=1)

The food and service is generally pretty good

Click to see pic (http://news.insearchofchicas.org/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=149155&stc=1)

I had the traditional American breakfast eggs bacon and pancakes which was decent. The lunch and dinner menu covers the typical fish, chicken and seafood dishes. Adrian Tropical makes a great Santo Domingo date location with good ambiance, food and service.

I have had bad experiences there. First time, I was eating a dish and cracked a tooth on something hard, and eventually had to have the tooth pulled. I went back a few months to try it again, and ended up cracking another tooth on the other side of my mouth that also had to be pulled. Bad luck.

I've been to the other one at 27 and Nuñez 5-6 times and never had a problem (but ate soft stuff)

I'd be interested to know what you paid for breakfast.

And yes, they still give out the small serving of sanchcho, but it's a far cry from real sancocho.

camaro1257
02-14-2018, 04:18 PM
I have had bad experiences there. First time, I was eating a dish and cracked a tooth on something hard, and eventually had to have the tooth pulled. I went back a few months to try it again, and ended up cracking another tooth on the other side of my mouth that also had to be pulled. Bad luck.

I've been to the other one at 27 and Nuñez 5-6 times and never had a problem (but ate soft stuff)

I'd be interested to know what you paid for breakfast.

And yes, they still give out the small serving of sanchcho, but it's a far cry from real sancocho.

I was with a friend and gave him 500 pesos he paid the bill but it was a la cart pancakes bacon and eggs so I am assuming it was 500 pesos or more.

ezsmile
02-14-2018, 04:53 PM
Breakfast menu, taxes not included

https://www.adriantropical.com/desayuno-malecon/

We really have it lucky in Sosua as far as cheaper food is concerned. I think I am turning into one of those detested cheap ass ex-pats, and i don't even live in Sosua full time!

edit: They say you shouldn't compare prices back to where you live such as in the USA or Canada, but to put things in perspective in December I was in Canada and went to a VIP cinema, me and 2 friends. I paid for 6 beer (love it when you can drink beer in your comfy chair at the movies), 3 sliders (tiny little hamburgers), and 1 large popcorn with butter. That was for the 3 of us. 2 men one woman, the woman sat in the middle and passed the popcorn. The bill for that including tips was US$80! holy mutherfucker I am glad I don't go to the movies much.

MrHappy
02-14-2018, 05:17 PM
Breakfast menu, taxes not included

We really have it lucky in Sosua as far as cheaper food is concerned. I think I am turning into one of those detested cheap ass ex-pats, and i don't even live in Sosua full time!

edit: They say you shouldn't compare prices back to where you live such as in the USA or Canada, but to put things in perspective in December I was in Canada and went to a VIP cinema, me and 2 friends. I paid for 6 beer (love it when you can drink beer in your comfy chair at the movies), 3 sliders (tiny little hamburgers), and 1 large popcorn with butter. That was for the 3 of us. 2 men one woman, the woman sat in the middle and passed the popcorn. The bill for that including tips was US$80! holy mutherfucker I am glad I don't go to the movies much.

Um... I don't know how to tell you this, but I get a big plate of scrambled eggs (at least 3) plus 3-4 piece of sausage and a big coffee for less than 60 pesos at my local cafeteria.

ezsmile
02-14-2018, 07:46 PM
Um... I don't know how to tell you this, but I get a big plate of scrambled eggs (at least 3) plus 3-4 piece of sausage and a big coffee for less than 60 pesos at my local cafeteria.

Damn thats good! If I ever meet you breakfast is on me.:lol::lol:

Atlantic City Jimmy
02-14-2018, 07:52 PM

I will be there.

MrHappy
02-15-2018, 05:46 AM

Thanks for the offer, but you may want to reconsider that. They make them Dominican style, with lots of oil. :lol:

Since it's a cafeteria in a Free Zone (low salaries), food is really cheap. A big plate of food for lunch is only 100 pesos and has lots of rice and beans and a touch of meat. They server more meat for breakfast than for lunch.

camaro1257
02-15-2018, 08:35 PM
It's the little things that count!

I have been a cherry fanatic for years, even more so now that I have changed my diet to a lot of fruits and vegetables. Cherries are one of the best fruits you can eat so I have literally searched for years on the North Coast and have not been able to find any.

I finally found some at Jumbo in Santo Domingo on my last few trips but nothing in Puerto Plata.

Then all of a sudden I am in the new Jumbo in Puerto Plata and WHA LAHH!

http://news.insearchofchicas.org/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=149258&stc=1

I found a half pound of cherries for 162 pesos which is just over $3.00US, about $6.00 a pound. Whatever the cost I need some cherries...haaaaaaaaaa!

It's the simple things that count!

MrHappy
02-16-2018, 05:15 AM
It's the little things that count!

I have been a cherry fanatic for years, even more so now that I have changed my diet to a lot of fruits and vegetables. Cherries are one of the best fruits you can eat so I have literally searched for years on the North Coast and have not been able to find any.

I finally found some at Jumbo in Santo Domingo on my last few trips but nothing in Puerto Plata.

Then all of a sudden I am in the new Jumbo in Puerto Plata and WHA LAHH!

Click to see pic (http://news.insearchofchicas.org/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=149258&stc=1)

I found a half pound of cherries for 162 pesos which is just over $3.00US, about $6.00 a pound. Whatever the cost I need some cherries...haaaaaaaaaa!

It's the simple things that count!

It took me a couple of sentences to realize you were talking about food. :rofl:

camaro1257
02-20-2018, 10:56 AM
Gasper Hernandez

I met a chic on Facebook who lives in Gasper Hernandez which is a small town in between Cabarette and Nagua about 1 hour and a half east of Puerto Plata. After some wrangling I finally decided to go see her which was an adventure

http://news.insearchofchicas.org/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=149337&stc=1

Gasper Hernandez has one main street which can be difficult to navigate with cars double parked and motos buzzing around you. In addition I was using Google Maps on my phone trying to find the location to meet my chic; the problem was Google Maps showed the location but not the direct route so I got lost. I finally found a moto concho who led me to the location.

We didn't spend much time in Gasper Hernandez frankly there is not much there, a park church stores and typical Dominican small town.

Isla Del Paraiso

We decided to go to cabana Isla Del Paraiso which is about 5 minutes outside of town. There is another one that looks just like it outside Cabarette.

http://news.insearchofchicas.org/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=149338&stc=1

The grounds were very neat and clean

http://news.insearchofchicas.org/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=149339&stc=1

The room was old but clean. There was a flat screen with an in-wall sound system. The room was about 500 pesos for short time. The problem I had was I couldn't get any cell phone reception don't know if it was the room or the entire property.

http://news.insearchofchicas.org/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=149340&stc=1http://news.insearchofchicas.org/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=149341&stc=1

I was quite surprised the caban food was pretty good. Usually cabana food is kind of bland, I had grilled fish and salad but both were tasty and she had lambi.

http://news.insearchofchicas.org/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=149342&stc=1

She was very shy and timid very un-hoe like not professional at all. Lots of kissing GFE etc. She poured my water for me and even got me a pillow when I laid down it was a pleasant change and worth the trip to Gasper Hernandez. I am not excited about making that drive again but she can definitely come to Puerto Plata and we can pick up where we left off...

NiteStallion876
02-20-2018, 02:04 PM

Adrian Tropical restaurant is a Santo Domingo staple with good food and a view of the Carribean Sea from the MaleconClick to see pic (http://news.insearchofchicas.org/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=149139&stc=1)Click to see pic (http://news.insearchofchicas.org/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=149140&stc=1)

Click to see pic (http://news.insearchofchicas.org/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=149141&stc=1)

I have been wanting to go there but always defer in fear of the price....thanks to BLB....villa hermanos...is my go-to/favorite :corky:

As I mention it...how are the prices...more or less?

MrHappy
02-20-2018, 02:33 PM
I have been wanting to go there but always defer in fear of the price....thanks to BLB....villa hermanos...is my go-to/favorite :corky:

As I mention it...how are the prices...more or less?

The prices are higher at the Malecon restaurant.

https://www.adriantropical.com/menu/

Taxes not included.

Breakfast menu:

Taxes not included

camaro1257
02-21-2018, 06:00 PM
Venus Cabana, Puerto Plata

Venus cabana is located traveling west outside of Puerto Plata on Calle Prinicipal toward Santiago on the right. There are 2 other cabanas on the right and 1 on the left as you exit the city.

http://news.insearchofchicas.org/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=149387&stc=1http://news.insearchofchicas.org/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=149388&stc=1

My use of cabanas is discretionary and subjective. Sometimes when I meet a chic if she is a non pro we meet in public for drinks or dinner. Sometimes if she is a semi pro we meet at my place and sometimes I smash sometimes I don't. Generally speaking if I meet a chic that is clearly a pro and I do not trust her I will use a cabana. The 500 pesos for the cabana is worth it to me for certain chics not to know where I live.

The grounds are very well maintained. There are 3 classes of rooms I always choose the regular.

http://news.insearchofchicas.org/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=149389&stc=1

The regular rooms are more than enough for me.

http://news.insearchofchicas.org/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=149390&stc=1http://news.insearchofchicas.org/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=149391&stc=1

My date was hungry and I decided to grab something also. 2 chuleta dinners and the room fee total was 1500 pesos. I thought each dinner would only have 1 chuleta but each dinner had 3 which was good.

http://news.insearchofchicas.org/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=149392&stc=1

camaro1257
02-21-2018, 08:47 PM
Venus Cabana, Puerto Plata

Venus cabana is located traveling west outside of Puerto Plata on Calle Prinicipal toward Santiago on the right. There are 2 other cabanas on the right and 1 on the left as you exit the city.

Click to see pic (http://news.insearchofchicas.org/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=149387&stc=1)Click to see pic (http://news.insearchofchicas.org/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=149388&stc=1)

My use of cabanas is discretionary and subjective. Sometimes when I meet a chic if she is a non pro we meet in public for drinks or dinner. Sometimes if she is a semi pro we meet at my place and sometimes I smash sometimes I don't. Generally speaking if I meet a chic that is clearly a pro and I do not trust her I will use a cabana. The 500 pesos for the cabana is worth it to me for certain chics not to know where I live.

The grounds are very well maintained. There are 3 classes of rooms I always choose the regular.

Click to see pic (http://news.insearchofchicas.org/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=149389&stc=1)

The regular rooms are more than enough for me.

Click to see pic (http://news.insearchofchicas.org/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=149390&stc=1)Click to see pic (http://news.insearchofchicas.org/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=149391&stc=1)

My date was hungry and I decided to grab something also. 2 chuleta dinners and the room fee total was 1500 pesos. I thought each dinner would only have 1 chuleta but each dinner had 3 which was good.

Click to see pic (http://news.insearchofchicas.org/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=149392&stc=1)

Venus Cabana treat

I had a treat in the cabana

http://news.insearchofchicas.org/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=149393&stc=1

I met a chic on Facebook she insisted she wanted to get to know me so I obliged her and the rest was history...haaaaaaaaa!

camaro1257
02-22-2018, 07:29 AM
Aguaceros, Malecon- Puerto Plata

There are several restaurants on the Malecon in Puerto Plata but Aguaceros is one of my favorites. I met a chic on Facebook who was a non pro civilian so I decided to take her on a traditional date.

http://news.insearchofchicas.org/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=149397&stc=1http://news.insearchofchicas.org/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=149399&stc=1

There is sidewalk seating outside, a dinning room inside, a lounge & party room and a terrace upstairs.

http://news.insearchofchicas.org/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=149400&stc=1http://news.insearchofchicas.org/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=149401&stc=1http://news.insearchofchicas.org/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=149402&stc=1http://news.insearchofchicas.org/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=149403&stc=1

The service and food is generally good. Prices are on the high side I had 2 grilled fish (mero) dinners with drinks and paid 2000 pesos. The mero portion was a lttle small for my liking

http://news.insearchofchicas.org/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=149405&stc=1

I think Aguacero has the best ambiance of all the Malecon restaurants, between the furniture lighting and interior design. It has more of a U.S. feel than the other restaurants. The prices are a bit pricey but it still remains one of my go-to spots on the Malecon.

***My date ended up at my place and dodged all my sexual advances...guess what she wanted to do?...GUESS? I have a chess set on a desk at the entrance of my bedroom this chic actually wanted me to teach her how to play chess...I shit you not!

We played she did good in the beginning but I ultimately prevailed. It was over all a decent date the jury is out if I go forward or not only time will tell...

camaro1257
02-22-2018, 09:57 PM
Anecdotal Observation

My last date and her abstinence caused me to reflect. I am in a couple of other monger groups and I have been reluctant to share some of my experiences because they are inconsistent with the experiences of others in those groups. In one of the groups there is an individual who knows everything there is to know about the Dominican Republic, but other than a couple of trips to Punta Cana, a taxi driver giving him a hoe tour in Santo Domingo and a myriad of trips to Sosua that is his experience with Dominican women.

How do I explain to someone who knows everything about the Dominican Republic that there are women that will have sex with you because you are a gringo with money and there a woman who won't have sex with you because you are a gringo with money? This person will probably not ever meet a woman that won't have sex with him for the same reasons some women will have sex with him. I have given up sharing my unicorn experiences with certain people because they believe that unicorns are not real.

I have had more blue balls experiences than I have documented. I do not know the specific reasons for the sexual abstinence of some women but I can imagine the sexual abuse they have endured and the desire sometimes simply to protect themselves emotionally. What I find really interesting in not only do some of these chics need money but some of them are hungry. I can't count how many chics I have asked what they had to eat that day and some say nothing and others say something like "arroz" or "pan". I cannot imagine living my life eating rice or bread daily because I don't have enough money to buy food to eat, but yet some of these chics are not taking advantage of an opportunity to get paid.

I do not recall the exact thread last year but it talked about how we as mongers have been scarred. From a mongering point of view I can be disappointed when I am rejected sexually but from a non mongering point of view sexual rejection is just a normal part of doing business. Every time I am rejected sexually thinking I am entitled to sex with a woman who is not overtly a prostitute I realize how mongering has scarred me.

camaro1257
03-04-2018, 08:07 AM
Hotel Riazor & Manolo's Restaurante

Visiting Santo Domingo is a great vacation from the North Coast there are things available that are not available in other parts of the country like shopping and dinning.

I did Airb&b apartments for a while but I like the idea of always knowing I will have enough towels in my hotel room and the restaurant next to the hotel. For quite some time my go to spot has become Hotel Riazor & Manolo's Restaurante.

JDR
03-04-2018, 08:09 AM

Visiting Santo Domingo is a great vacation from the North Coast there are things available that are not available in other parts of the country like shopping and dinning.

I did Airb&b apartments for a while but I like the idea of always knowing I will have enough towels in my hotel room and the restaurant next to the hotel. For quite some time my go to spot has become Hotel Riazor & Manolo's Restaurante.

I stayed at that hotel many times. Great location

camaro1257
03-04-2018, 12:29 PM

My room

I made a reservation online but when I arrived the receptionist could not find the reservation and he gave me a small room. The owner came later and saw the error of the receptionist and upgraded my room and also gave me a free dinner for the inconvenience.

camaro1257
03-04-2018, 05:54 PM
Manolo's Restaurante

The sister restaurant to Hotel Riazor is Manolo's. They have room service for the hotel and also indoor and outdoor seating.

There are the typical food items meat fish and seafood. I had salmon which was a 1000 pesos meal. I ate salmon twice the first meal was free due to the room confusion of earlier which I thought was very customer friendly.

The restaurant has a juice bar also where you can order different types of juices alcohol etc. It is a good restaurant and the service is generally good.

One of the reasons I like Hotel Riazor and Manolo's is the restaurant makes a good location for a date and I can easily transition to my hotel room if so desired. Hotel Riazor is centrally located and will remain one of my go to spots when I am in Santo Domingo.

JDR
03-05-2018, 07:59 AM
Manolo's Restaurante

The sister restaurant to Hotel Riazor is Manolo's. They have room service for the hotel and also indoor and outdoor seating.

There are the typical food items meat fish and seafood. I had salmon which was a 1000 pesos meal. I ate salmon twice the first meal was free due to the room confusion of earlier which I thought was very customer friendly.

The restaurant has a juice bar also where you can order different types of juices alcohol etc. It is a good restaurant and the service is generally good.

One of the reasons I like Hotel Riazor and Manolo's is the restaurant makes a good location for a date and I can easily transition to my hotel room if so desired. Hotel Riazor is centrally located and will remain one of my go to spots when I am in Santo Domingo.

When you check in, always check in as two.

In the morning, get your two breakfast vouchers.

I don't think they give coffee refills so I always get the two breakfasts.

camaro1257
03-06-2018, 10:14 AM
Galerie del Atlantico, Puerto Plata

Puerto Plata has a new shopping plaza called Galerie del Atlantico Centro Comercial

It is located right down the street from the court house in Puerto Plata. The plaza has a liquor store restaurants and other retail space

MrHappy
03-06-2018, 10:23 AM
Aguaceros, Malecon- Puerto Plata

There are several restaurants on the Malecon in Puerto Plata but Aguaceros is one of my favorites. I met a chic on Facebook who was a non pro civilian so I decided to take her on a traditional date.

Click to see pic (http://news.insearchofchicas.org/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=149397&stc=1)Click to see pic (http://news.insearchofchicas.org/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=149399&stc=1)

There is sidewalk seating outside, a dinning room inside, a lounge & party room and a terrace upstairs.

Click to see pic (http://news.insearchofchicas.org/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=149400&stc=1)Click to see pic (http://news.insearchofchicas.org/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=149401&stc=1)Click to see pic (http://news.insearchofchicas.org/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=149402&stc=1)Click to see pic (http://news.insearchofchicas.org/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=149403&stc=1)

The service and food is generally good. Prices are on the high side I had 2 grilled fish (mero) dinners with drinks and paid 2000 pesos. The mero portion was a lttle small for my liking

Click to see pic (http://news.insearchofchicas.org/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=149405&stc=1)

I think Aguacero has the best ambiance of all the Malecon restaurants, between the furniture lighting and interior design. It has more of a U.S. feel than the other restaurants. The prices are a bit pricey but it still remains one of my go-to spots on the Malecon.

***My date ended up at my place and dodged all my sexual advances...guess what she wanted to do?...GUESS? I have a chess set on a desk at the entrance of my bedroom this chic actually wanted me to teach her how to play chess...I shit you not!

We played she did good in the beginning but I ultimately prevailed. It was over all a decent date the jury is out if I go forward or not only time will tell...

Wow! That place used to be a dump. (Good food, but a dump) Looks like they did some major renovations, probably anticipating Cruise ship passengers.

camaro1257
03-06-2018, 04:32 PM
Galerie del Atlantico, Puerto Plata

Puerto Plata has a new shopping plaza called Galerie del Atlantico Centro Comercial

It is located right down the street from the court house in Puerto Plata. The plaza has a liquor store restaurants and other retail space

La Loeanela Restaurante & Bocaditos Bakery & Café

The main restaurant in the plaza is La Loeanela which has the majority Italian cuisine. There is an inside dinning room and outdoor seating as well.

I had a salmon and herb dish which was decent. My dinner was about 600 pesos which is good for restaurant salmon. The majority of the menu was Italian items and I do not recall seeing anything over 800 pesos.

Bocaditos Bakery & Café

Next door to the restaurant is Bocaditos Bakery & Café. It is a pastry & juice bar with a laid back atmosphere.

Don't ask me the name of what I had because I do not remember. It tasted like carrot cake but it was EXCELLENT!

Honestly I enjoyed the dessert more than the dinner...haaaaaaaaaa! Both spot make good date locations or venues just to visit solo or with friends and family. This upscale flavor is welcome in Puerto Plata.

MrHappy
03-06-2018, 04:40 PM
La Loeanela Restaurante & Bocaditos Bakery & Café

The main restaurant in the plaza is La Loeanela which has the majority Italian cuisine. There is an inside dinning room and outdoor seating as well.

I had a salmon and herb dish which was decent. My dinner was about 600 pesos which is good for restaurant salmon. The majority of the menu was Italian items and I do not recall seeing anything over 800 pesos.

Bocaditos Bakery & Café

Next door to the restaurant is Bocaditos Bakery & Café. It is a pastry & juice bar with a laid back atmosphere.

Don't ask me the name of what I had because I do not remember. It tasted like carrot cake but it was EXCELLENT!

Honestly I enjoyed the dessert more than the dinner...haaaaaaaaaa! Both spot make good date locations or venues just to visit solo or with friends and family. This upscale flavor is welcome in Puerto Plata.

It looks like the kind of shops that you find all over Santo Domingo. It's definitely not geared for the majority of the people who inhabit the North Coast. I hope they continue to be successful.

camaro1257
03-08-2018, 12:33 PM
El Monumento de Santiago

I met a chic on Dominican Cupid from La Vega. La Vega is about 30 minutes south of Santiago so I met her in La Vega and we went to Santiago to have lunch and visit the Monument.

The view from on top of the Monument is very nice

MrHappy
03-08-2018, 01:24 PM
El Monumento de Santiago

I met a chic on Dominican Cupid from La Vega. La Vega is about 30 minutes south of Santiago so I met her in La Vega and we went to Santiago to have lunch and visit the Monument.

Did you climb to the top?

camaro1257
03-08-2018, 01:52 PM
Did you climb to the top?

Yessssssssssssur that's where I took the view pictures...but my date was winded and she had to sit down...haaaaaaaaa!

camaro1257
03-08-2018, 08:26 PM
El Monumento de Santiago

Aquilas Cibaenas

Part of the monument space has a section for Santiago's professional baseball team Aguila Cibaenas

camaro1257
03-09-2018, 08:58 AM
Puerto de Sol, Santiago

Puerto de Sol is one of the restaurants that faces the Monument in Santiago.

I have been several times in the past but this time I was very disappointed with the service and the food. I had salmon

My date enjoyed her meal but I was not impressed there was not much flavor to anything I ate. I wasn't impressed with my waiter either. When I paid the bill I left a tip he said nothing and appeared to be cold and distant. I left thinking I could have kept my money...SMDH!

IDK maybe it was me or maybe it was just the service that day but I could have went to another restaurant for a better experience.

camaro1257
03-16-2018, 05:01 PM
WTF?????????

Tinder is one of the resources I use to meet chics. It has a cell phone app that let's you know people who are in your area. You can like them and they have the option of sending you a message. Recently I got a hit from this one.

Something wasn't right so I asked...

A sign of the times we now have to ask, are you a man or a woman????????? WTF is the world coming to?

Al Nyc
03-17-2018, 06:56 AM
WTF?????????

Tinder is one of the resources I use to meet chics. It has a cell phone app that let's you know people who are in your area. You can like them and they have the option of sending you a message. Recently I got a hit from this one.

Something wasn't right so I asked...

A sign of the times we now have to ask, are you a man or a woman????????? WTF is the world coming to?

A tranny!! OMG!!!!

MrHappy
03-17-2018, 07:09 AM
Gotta be careful on the local classifieds.. They're swamped with them. A lot of them give normal girls a run for their money in the looks department.

There's one well known one in SD who is drop dead hot and has a baseball bat between her legs. Imagine her walking out of the bathroom. Better yet, don't.

camaro1257
03-21-2018, 03:00 PM
La Playa Puerto Plata

I met a chic on Cupid from La Vega and she came to see me in Puerto Plata so we decided to go to the beach.

I have been living here for over 3 years and I have been to Costumbar, Sosua and Cabarette beach countless times but this was my first time going to Playa Puerto Plata on the Malecon. There is an entrance through the Neptune Bar and Lounge which also is a restaurant that serves the beach clientele.

The beach was quiet with not very many people. There are times when the water is dirty due to the tide but this day the water was decent and the breeze and the sound of the waves was soothing.

The restaurant had a decent menu with the typical items. I had salmon and salad which was delicious and I tasted my dates fried mero which was great too!

The prices were very economical I paid 1000 pesos for both meals, I have paid 1000 pesos for 1 salmon plate so I was very satisfied with the prices and the food.

I heard bad things about Puerto Plata beach as far as the water being dirty etc but I enjoyed the experience it was a great day and both me and my date enjoyed ourselves.

balcoach
03-21-2018, 03:30 PM
This beach area was cleaned up like this when the Cruise Ship arrived. This is on of the excursions for the passengers. On the days that the ships are in, you will see heavy police presence as well in the malecon area.

La Playa Puerto Plata

I met a chic on Cupid from La Vega and she came to see me in Puerto Plata so we decided to go to the beach.

I have been living here for over 3 years and I have been to Costumbar, Sosua and Cabarette beach countless times but this was my first time going to Playa Puerto Plata on the Malecon. There is an entrance through the Neptune Bar and Lounge which also is a restaurant that serves the beach clientele.

The beach was quiet with not very many people. There are times when the water is dirty due to the tide but this day the water was decent and the breeze and the sound of the waves was soothing.

The restaurant had a decent menu with the typical items. I had salmon and salad which was delicious and I tasted my dates fried mero which was great too!

The prices were very economical I paid 1000 pesos for both meals, I have paid 1000 pesos for 1 salmon plate so I was very satisfied with the prices and the food.

I heard bad things about Puerto Plata beach as far as the water being dirty etc but I enjoyed the experience it was a great day and both me and my date enjoyed ourselves.

camaro1257
03-28-2018, 10:15 PM
Dominican Efficiency

I joined the Plan Nacional de Regularizacion de Extranjeros about 2 and half years ago. About a month ago I went through what was supposed to be the final stage to receive a temporary residency cedula that would be good for 2 years. They have given me 2 dates to receive my cedula and each has come and gone without it arriving at the Puerto Plata immigration office.

I have to return to the United States to prepare my taxes so I booked a flight after the cedula was supposed to arrive. The problem is it has been reported that some Haitians and ex-pats who have had extended stays have not been permitted to re-enter the country after leaving and they have been sent back to their respective countries.

I have heard of several ex-pats who have come and gone with no problems but also heard of those being deported. Therefore what to do? Do I take a chance on leaving and when I come back I cannot enter without my cedula? I asked the immigration officials what to do and they sent me to the immigration office in Santo Domingo.

I went thinking I could do everything in 1 day but I was sadly mistaken.

What a CLUSTER!!!!!!!!!! First they sent me to the main office to see if my cedula was ready ...NOT...I have to wait 2 more weeks...yeah right you said that 2 weeks ago...CONYO!

Then I had to make copies of my passport and several other forms and upload them to their web site. The problem is although I had my laptop with me I did not have a way to duplicate and upload the required information. I had to go to a copy store and use their computers. I went back to the website was very difficult to navigate and there was information required that I did not have.

Do not ask me why but the staff at the information desk are not permitted to physically help you...which makes absolutely no sense since the process is so complicated but I finally got someone to walk me through the process.

I had to come back the next day after completing the on-line process. I literally went to 5 different stations within a 6 hour period of time. It reminded me of when I was in the military ...hurry up and wait.

One benefit was I got to see some cuties working the desk

Sorry I couldn't get a better photo but she was absolutely gorgeous!

Finally they give me a re-entry card that permits me to come and go for about 6 months however my residency should be ready by then. The bottom line is I had to spend 7000 pesos in fees to get the re-entry card 2 days in a hotel food taxi fare etc. all because my cedula was not ready on two separate dates that the immigration officials had given me. So I was penalized for someone else's inefficiency...that makes sense doesn't it????????

I could have thought of several points were the process could be made much simpler but that would be too easy. At least I got to see a great sunrise my last day in Santo Domingo.

Bienvenidos a la Republica Dominicana!

camaro1257
04-29-2018, 12:08 AM
Back in Sosua

I had a restful vacation and didn't get hit too hard by the tax man which was a good thing. Normally American Airlines from Atlanta to Puerto Plata connects in Miami this time I got a connecting flight in Charlotte. I was surprised the flight from Charlotte to Puerto Plata was not full and there were not a bunch of obvious mongers. It was a very laid back flight.
One way flights from ATL -POP were between just over $300 - just over $500 I stayed an extra week to catch the lower fare. It never ceases to amaze the disparity in air fares.

A few days after I got back I met with Bailar for lunch in Sosua and saw the following:

camaro1257
04-29-2018, 06:08 AM
Back in Sosua

I had a restful vacation and didn't get hit too hard by the tax man which was a good thing. Normally American Airlines from Atlanta to Puerto Plata connects in Miami this time I got a connecting flight in Charlotte. I was surprised the flight from Charlotte to Puerto Plata was not full and there were not a bunch of obvious mongers. It was a very laid back flight.
One way flights from ATL -POP were between just over $300 - just over $500 I stayed an extra week to catch the lower fare. It never ceases to amaze the disparity in air fares.

A few days after I got back I met with Bailar for lunch in Sosua and saw the following:

MrHappy
04-29-2018, 07:18 AM
Back in Sosua

I've been meaning to ask you.. did you take advantage of the Foreign Tax Credit? Kinda late to ask.

camaro1257
04-29-2018, 07:34 AM
I've been meaning to ask you.. did you take advantage of the Foreign Tax Credit? Kinda late to ask.

Nope...

j_d66
04-29-2018, 11:48 AM
I wouldnt think he would really have much of anything to claim since it is generally a credit for foreign taxes paid on earned and investment income

while he is investing well in the chicas and getting a return on his investment luckily the dr is not taxing his investment return on putas

at least not yet. 😀

camaro1257
04-29-2018, 01:32 PM
I wouldnt think he would really have much of anything to claim since it is generally a credit for foreign taxes paid on earned and investment income

while he is investing well in the chicas and getting a return on his investment luckily the dr is not taxing his investment return on putas

at least not yet. 😀

Foreign Tax Credit

I do not believe I am eligible do to the fact I paid no income tax to a foreign government that I can deduct. However Mr. Happy advised that if you live abroad for over 300 days your first $90,000.00 is tax free. I have already filed so I will investigate next year.

realkewl
05-02-2018, 09:03 PM
Dominican Efficiency

I joined the Plan Nacional de Regularizacion de Extranjeros about 2 and half years ago. About a month ago I went through what was supposed to be the final stage to receive a temporary residency cedula that would be good for 2 years. They have given me 2 dates to receive my cedula and each has come and gone without it arriving at the Puerto Plata immigration office.

I have to return to the United States to prepare my taxes so I booked a flight after the cedula was supposed to arrive. The problem is it has been reported that some Haitians and ex-pats who have had extended stays have not been permitted to re-enter the country after leaving and they have been sent back to their respective countries.

I have heard of several ex-pats who have come and gone with no problems but also heard of those being deported. Therefore what to do? Do I take a chance on leaving and when I come back I cannot enter without my cedula? I asked the immigration officials what to do and they sent me to the immigration office in Santo Domingo.

I went thinking I could do everything in 1 day but I was sadly mistaken.

What a CLUSTER!!!!!!!!!! First they sent me to the main office to see if my cedula was ready ...NOT...I have to wait 2 more weeks...yeah right you said that 2 weeks ago...CONYO!

Then I had to make copies of my passport and several other forms and upload them to their web site. The problem is although I had my laptop with me I did not have a way to duplicate and upload the required information. I had to go to a copy store and use their computers. I went back to the website was very difficult to navigate and there was information required that I did not have.

Do not ask me why but the staff at the information desk are not permitted to physically help you...which makes absolutely no sense since the process is so complicated but I finally got someone to walk me through the process.

I had to come back the next day after completing the on-line process. I literally went to 5 different stations within a 6 hour period of time. It reminded me of when I was in the military ...hurry up and wait.

One benefit was I got to see some cuties working the desk

Sorry I couldn't get a better photo but she was absolutely gorgeous!

Finally they give me a re-entry card that permits me to come and go for about 6 months however my residency should be ready by then. The bottom line is I had to spend 7000 pesos in fees to get the re-entry card 2 days in a hotel food taxi fare etc. all because my cedula was not ready on two separate dates that the immigration officials had given me. So I was penalized for someone else's inefficiency...that makes sense doesn't it????????

I could have thought of several points were the process could be made much simpler but that would be too easy. At least I got to see a great sunrise my last day in Santo Domingo.

Bienvenidos a la Republica Dominicana!

I would be curious to know more about ex-pat not being granted access into the DR, or being deported. Does anybody know of a pattern that is being used? And for extended stay does anybody know what is too long to stay that could flag you for being denied re-entry? Also, could it be the airport that you enter from...

Thanks,
Peace...

camaro1257
05-02-2018, 10:39 PM
I would be curious to know more about ex-pat not being granted access into the DR, or being deported. Does anybody know of a pattern that is being used? And for extended stay does anybody know what is too long to stay that could flag you for being denied re-entry? Also, could it be the airport that you enter from...

Thanks,
Peace...

I have no other information

camaro1257
05-03-2018, 12:52 PM

Thanks,
Peace...

Another piece

PapiQueRico
05-03-2018, 01:11 PM
Foreign Tax Credit

I do not believe I am eligible do to the fact I paid no income tax to a foreign government that I can deduct. However Mr. Happy advised that if you live abroad for over 300 days your first $90,000.00 is tax free. I have already filed so I will investigate next year.

It was 27 years ago which means the law could have changed and that my memory might be shady but I think that I was exempt from paying US taxes on foreign earnings under (then) $70,000 in net (post tax in the other country) earnings. I believe you were correct.

bailar
05-04-2018, 10:20 AM

Thanks,
Peace...

jose1234
05-04-2018, 01:05 PM
It was 27 years ago which means the law could have changed and that my memory might be shady but I think that I was exempt from paying US taxes on foreign earnings under (then) $70,000 in net (post tax in the other country) earnings. I believe you were correct.

To be exempt, you need to be working for a foreign corporation, living in a foreign country almost the entire year and paying income taxes in that country. The income tax exemption is based on the money the foreign corporation pays you in the form of salary, commissions and or bonus and reported to the foreign government. You would still have to pay to the US government social security tax for yourself and the social security tax a company in the usa would normally have to match, which combined would total about 4.5% or something in that range.

jose1234
05-04-2018, 01:10 PM

I have not seen or heard of any gringos being turned away at the airport in Puerto Plata for exceeding their prior tourist card/visa stay in the DR. Like many laws on the books, it depends on what is being enforced at the time. This is something new so it may be enforced in the future. What I can see so far is that if your stay does not exceed 60 days, you are ok. I think in the future, there may be a business offering border runs if this law gets enforced in the future. Something to keep our eye on for sure.

camaro1257
05-05-2018, 08:39 PM
A message from an ex-pat

Last summer they did something like this in the Puerto Plata area but it only lasted for 2 weeks.

camaro1257
05-06-2018, 07:41 PM
Dominican Cupid

I am currently working Dominican Cupid which is a numbers game but I wanted to share a recent encounter which can give you an idea of what I am dealing with

Many people say there is an advantage in living in the Dominican Republic and sometimes it is but then again sometimes it's not...

Clearly this chics objective is to find a gringo who lives abroad get a visa and GTFO of the Dominican Republic. At first these types of messages used to make me feel some kind of way, but the more I live here the more I understand why some Dominicans would rather live somewhere else.

I ask people about their employment status frequently and about 50% of the time they say they are unemployed. Those who have work earn between 7-15,000 pesos which is basically less than $300.00 a month. For women sometimes they have to do sexual favors just to maintain menial employment.

Even once they get the University education and acquire the skills for their desired profession there is still no guarantee they will get the job they desire. I can clearly see how many have lost hope in this system and look for opportunities else where.

I have no intention of providing a visa but now I understand the reason for the sentiment...I really can't blame a Dominican for not wanting to live in their country...

camaro1257
05-07-2018, 07:38 AM
...anybody know this guy???

ROTFL!!!!!!!!!!!

camaro1257
05-07-2018, 12:16 PM
Over stay fees

Maretti
05-07-2018, 05:30 PM
Dominican Cupid

I am currently working Dominican Cupid which is a numbers game but I wanted to share a recent encounter which can give you an idea of what I am dealing with

Many people say there is an advantage in living in the Dominican Republic and sometimes it is but then again sometimes it's not...

Clearly this chics objective is to find a gringo who lives abroad get a visa and GTFO of the Dominican Republic. At first these types of messages used to make me feel some kind of way, but the more I live here the more I understand why some Dominicans would rather live somewhere else.

I ask people about their employment status frequently and about 50% of the time they say they are unemployed. Those who have work earn between 7-15,000 pesos which is basically less than $300.00 a month. For women sometimes they have to do sexual favors just to maintain menial employment.

Even once they get the University education and acquire the skills for their desired profession there is still no guarantee they will get the job they desire. I can clearly see how many have lost hope in this system and look for opportunities else where.

I have no intention of providing a visa but now I understand the reason for the sentiment...I really can't blame a Dominican for not wanting to live in their country...
It could also mean that she has somebody (very likely, like 110%) in the Dominican Republic and she is looking for a Western Union kind of guy (or guys) who would visit DR a couple of times a year.

By the way, by the look of her picture, she doesn't seem like an acceptable wife material, but she would be fine as a pay as you go!

psriches
05-09-2018, 10:37 PM
Puerto Plata Navarette Hwy

When I first arrived in the Dominican Republic I was paranoid about driving and I subsequently discovered there is good cause for that paranoia. Despite the risk in driving here I feel like not having my own transportation would be like a eagle without wings. I enjoy the freedom driving provides. There are times when I am bored I pack a bag and I am off.

The main route between Puerto Plata and Santiago is the Puerto Plata Navarette Hwy. It is a 2 lane road that is currently under construction to widen the road. It is best not to drive at night not only because of the contruction but as you can see in the below photo there are barriers to the right side of the driver and the road currently is very narrow.

Click to see pic (http://news.insearchofchicas.org/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=148116&stc=1)

Click to see pic (http://news.insearchofchicas.org/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=148117&stc=1)

There are some sections where it is literally a 1 lane road due to construction

Click to see pic (http://news.insearchofchicas.org/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=148118&stc=1)

It's a scary thought to think I might get run off the road giving how crazy some Dominicans drive

Click to see pic (http://news.insearchofchicas.org/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=148119&stc=1)

One of the scariest things to see is an oncoming car approaching you in your lane on a two lane road when you have no place to go other than strike a barrier, bridge abutment or ditch.

Click to see pic (http://news.insearchofchicas.org/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=148120&stc=1)

Yes, and I don't smoke...haaaaaaaaaaaa!

Click to see pic (http://news.insearchofchicas.org/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=148121&stc=1)

It's really going to be interesting to see how they widen the road in Maimon where all the fish restaurants are and the tunnel just outside of Santiago.

Click to see pic (http://news.insearchofchicas.org/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=148122&stc=1)

It is a BLESSING to see this sight when I am driving to Santiago. The Santiago - Navarette junction is where the road changes from a 2 lane terrible highway to a 4 lane highway that is comparable to Interstates in the United States.

Click to see pic (http://news.insearchofchicas.org/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=148123&stc=1)

I can save a ton of money by not driving to Santo Domingo because of the distance and fuel consumption however the Santiago trip is about even in terms of cost between driving and using public transportation.

Everybody has their own driving temperament but personally I do not rejoice in driving on 2 lane roads that are crumbling and having to dodge oncoming traffic in my lane. I am eager to see what the Puerto Plata Navarette Hwy looks like when they are complete.Hey Cam, this is the one I don't understand. They are widening that stretch between the edge of Puerto plata (where the cabanas are), passed the cruise ship dock, through Maimon? For one, there's no land to push back the fish spots, meaning they'll get ride of them? And two, that stretch from start to finish is only about a 7 or 8 minute drive. What purpose will that serve? Am I applying to much logic, or is there something i'm missing?

camaro1257
05-09-2018, 11:11 PM
Hey Cam, this is the one I don't understand. They are widening that stretch between the edge of Puerto plata (where the cabanas are), passed the cruise ship dock, through Maimon? For one, there's no land to push back the fish spots, meaning they'll get ride of them? And two, that stretch from start to finish is only about a 7 or 8 minute drive. What purpose will that serve? Am I applying to much logic, or is there something i'm missing?

I don't understand it either, I have seen the backside of most of those pescaderias and you are correct there isn't much space back there. I have no idea what they are going to do?

psriches
05-10-2018, 06:49 AM
I don't understand it either, I have seen the backside of most of those pescaderias and you are correct there isn't much space back there. I have no idea what they are going to do?I'm wondering if they squeezed more money out of the Cruise Ship deal and now they're obligated to fake some sort of infrastructure project related to the dock??

jose1234
05-10-2018, 10:23 AM
The plan has been to make the entire road between Puerto Plata and Santiago 4 lane. That road is the only major road between the two cities and used by trucks that have a hard time getting up and down the hills creating traffic slow-downs. They also think that tourists will get a better impression of the DR if they see a modern 4-lane road between the cruise terminal and Puerto Plata as most excursions will go that way.

By the way, there is another road called the Touristic route that is being renovated and expected to be completed by February 2019. That road is located between Sosua and Puerto Plata and will go toward the Santiago airport. It is expected to cut or shave off the travel time between the Santaigo airport and Sosua down 20 to 30 minutes (making it an hour ride or so?) and will make the Santiago Airport an even more viable potential choice for people going to the North Coast.

camaro1257
05-10-2018, 11:07 AM
The plan has been to make the entire road between Puerto Plata and Santiago 4 lane. That road is the only major road between the two cities and used by trucks that have a hard time getting up and down the hills creating traffic slow-downs. They also think that tourists will get a better impression of the DR if they see a modern 4-lane road between the cruise terminal and Puerto Plata as most excursions will go that way.

By the way, there is another road called the Touristic route that is being renovated and expected to be completed by February 2019. That road is located between Sosua and Puerto Plata and will go toward the Santiago airport. It is expected to cut or shave off the travel time between the Santaigo airport and Sosua down 20 to 30 minutes (making it an hour ride or so?) and will make the Santiago Airport an even more viable potential choice for people going to the North Coast.

Understood but we still can't figure out what they are going to do with the pescadadarias in Maimon, there doesn't appear to be any place to move the restaurants. They provide a lot of jobs for that community.

jose1234
05-10-2018, 11:23 AM
Understood but we still can't figure out what they are going to do with the pescadadarias in Maimon, there doesn't appear to be any place to move the restaurants. They provide a lot of jobs for that community.

Yes Hopefully they will expand the road toward the in-land side of the road and not along the sea side... Like Sosua, I do not think the Govt. cares that much for general businesses unless the community protests and disrupts traffic or something.

psriches
05-10-2018, 10:51 PM

By the way, there is another road called the Touristic route that is being renovated and expected to be completed by February 2019. That road is located between Sosua and Puerto Plata and will go toward the Santiago airport. It is expected to cut or shave off the travel time between the Santaigo airport and Sosua down 20 to 30 minutes (making it an hour ride or so?) and will make the Santiago Airport an even more viable potential choice for people going to the North Coast.Wow, when will that be completed? It's been over two years of construction and there's not even 30 seconds of highway finished.

psriches
05-10-2018, 11:03 PM

By the way, there is another road called the Touristic route that is being renovated and expected to be completed by February 2019. That road is located between Sosua and Puerto Plata and will go toward the Santiago airport. It is expected to cut or shave off the travel time between the Santaigo airport and Sosua down 20 to 30 minutes (making it an hour ride or so?) and will make the Santiago Airport an even more viable potential choice for people going to the North Coast.Are you talking about the mountain road? The entrance at the cruce de sabaneta (edge of cabarete)? It goes through the mountains pass Jamao and exits in Moca? Puts you in the back of the airport.

captain69
05-12-2018, 07:12 AM
Tha Carretera Turistico leaves highway 5 at the Gran Parada, the triangle between Playa Dorada and Montellano where the road makes a 90 degree turn. Took a ride on the northern end of this road earlier this week and it is really improved. Should not take longer than an hour to cover the 46 kilometers to Santiago now. With the road complete next year travel time to Santiago will be under 45 minutes. Amazing improvment!!!

psriches
05-12-2018, 08:06 AM
Tha Carretera Turistico leaves highway 5 at the Gran Parada, the triangle between Playa Dorada and Montellano where the road makes a 90 degree turn. Took a ride on the northern end of this road earlier this week and it is really improved. Should not take longer than an hour to cover the 46 kilometers to Santiago now. With the road complete next year travel time to Santiago will be under 45 minutes. Amazing improvment!!!Ahh, yes, the old mountain road. So this will now connect with the Santiago bypass (circunvalacion) and can leave you right by the airport. So you no longer have to go west (through pop traffic), then south, then back east. And it will all be on nicely paved roads. Wow, nice!!!!

WSJ3
05-12-2018, 02:26 PM
https://s26.postimg.cc/ktjhjjxt5/cc7724151b5664f75f243d6a1ff2e4fc--closet.jpg (https://postimages.org/)

...anybody know this guy???

ROTFL!!!!!!!!!!!

https://s26.postimg.cc/3t0law7x5/tumblr_moc9ocJzZf1qb0snwo6_250.gif (https://postimages.org/)

https://s26.postimg.cc/d0strluex/BiodegradableSpottedGrosbeak-size_restricted.gif (https://postimages.org/)

https://s26.postimg.cc/825bd23gp/tumblr_moc9ocJzZf1qb0snwo5_250.gif (https://postimages.org/)

psriches
05-12-2018, 03:44 PM
The little guy used to be in the discos all the time, right??

camaro1257
05-12-2018, 03:58 PM
The little guy used to be in the discos all the time, right??

Yes, he has frequented Boca Chica and Sosua...

camaro1257
05-12-2018, 04:11 PM
Dominican Slang

One of my ex barrio chics was looking to get paid

So she says she wants to see me and I respond "estoy en olla"

I recently discovered that "estoy en olla" is Dominican slang for "I am broke" and what was her response?????????

She calls me a liar...why can't I be broke?....haaaaaaaaaaaa!

camaro1257
05-15-2018, 12:07 AM
Friends Place, Cabarette

One of my favorite restaurants in Cabarette is Friends Place on Calle Principal in the center of town.

The best thing I like about the restaurant is the bakery, they have American favorites such as carrot cake, muffins and an assortment of cookies

Their carrot cake is the best but this time I had a raisin pastry which looked better than it tasted but it was ok.

I met a chic on Cupid from Cabarette so I figured Friends Place would be a good first date. I had a mero and she had a pasta dish

We had a good conversation it turned out to be a decent date. I was surprised she really did not want to eat and she only ate a small portion of her food. Both plates and dessert cost about 800 pesos, there are other restaurants when I have paid twice and even 3 times as much; it was definitely a good value.

It is an open air restaurant, even when it's hot outside it is very comfortable because there is a lot of shade. The staff is always great and every time I have eaten there I have been satisfied.

Friends place makes a good place for conversation with a few beverages or for breakfast lunch or dinner I will definitely be back when I return to Cabarette.

j_d66
05-15-2018, 11:17 AM
Foreign Tax Credit

Right but what you are taking about is a credit for taxes paid on foreign income. I don't believe you are paying any income taxes in the DR so there is nothing for you to get a credit on.

What Mr. Happy is talking about is different because I believe he is actually earning an income there.
That allows you to exclude earned income from US income but you must meet a 330 day physical presence test before you qualify.
The amount you can exclude increases each year for inflation and is up to $102,100 for 2017

The foreign tax credit and the foreign earned income exclusion are 2 very different things

camaro1257
05-17-2018, 04:21 PM
Personal anecdote

I live in a second floor apartment that has screened and gated windows. For 2 days I would wake up in he morning go in my kitchen and find the trash I put in a large plastic bag thrown all over the kitchen and hallway. I checked the doors and windows in the kitchen and living room no holes no nothing.

I could not figure out for the life of me the point of ingress for whatever was entering my apartment. I do not believe in ghost so there had to be an explanation. I happened to be in the bathroom and WHAH LAH

The only window in my apartment that does not have a screen and has been left open at night is in the bathroom. I regularly hear cats whining at night. My only explanation is a cat or cats climbed up to my second floor window made ingress through the bathroom window walked through my bedroom into the kitchen and went through my trash looking for food.

They made their escape the same way they came in undetected...sneaky cats!

I closed the window and guess what????????? ...no hay problemas!

It looks like I have solved the cat caper ...haaaaaaaaa!

j_d66
05-17-2018, 04:40 PM
Personal anecdote

I live in a second floor apartment that has screened and gated windows. For 2 days I would wake up in he morning go in my kitchen and find the trash I put in a large plastic bag thrown all over the kitchen and hallway. I checked the doors and windows in the kitchen and living room no holes no nothing.

I could not figure out for the life of me the point of ingress for whatever was entering my apartment. I do not believe in ghost so there had to be an explanation. I happened to be in the bathroom and WHAH LAH

The only window in my apartment that does not have a screen and has been left open at night is in the bathroom. I regularly hear cats whining at night. My only explanation is a cat or cats climbed up to my second floor window made ingress through the bathroom window walked through my bedroom into the kitchen and went through my trash looking for food.

Can never trust a pussy

Westy
05-17-2018, 04:51 PM
Personal anecdote

And here I thought this sort of pussy was the only drama-free pussy in the Dom Rep ...

http://news.insearchofchicas.org/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=71506&d=1361895981

camaro1257
05-21-2018, 05:25 PM
Jet Pack, Puerto Plata

I have not had much need to receive mail in the Dominican Republic but recently I wanted to order some items on line and have them shipped to me so I signed up at Jet Pack

Jet Pack is a courier just like Fed Ex or UPS in the United States their office is quite simple

Basically you go into the office and sign up; they e-mail you a Florida PO Box as a mailing address. You can receive items shipped to this address and later it is shipped to the Dominican Republic. You get two e-mails one when it arrives in Florida and one when it arrives in the Dominican Republic. When your item arrives in the Dominican Republic you retrieve it and pay a fee based on the weight and size of the item shipped.

***It should be noted some companies will not ship to the Dominican Republic and this is stated on the web site however this is NOT a problem because they are not shipping to the Dominican Republic they are shipping to the Jet Pack office in Florida and Jet Pack is shipping to the Dominican Republic.

The only problem I had was the store hours which are Monday-Friday 8am-6pm. Saturday 8am-12pm, I went one Saturday in the early afternoon and the office had already closed and there was no sign on the window stating the schedule. Sundays they are closed.

I received 2 items in last than two weeks from the time I ordered them and I am satisfied with the service so far.

MrHappy
05-21-2018, 06:00 PM
Domex, not done

camaro1257
06-03-2018, 08:16 AM
Playa Dorada public beach, Puerto Plata

Shout out to PSRiches for introducing me to Playa Dorada public beach, I knew about the private beach for the various resorts on Playa Dorada but I did not know about the public beach.

There is a gift shop and restaurant

The restaurant had the typical seafood dishes averaging around 600 pesos. I had the fried fish which was a little salty but pretty good.

I rented a canopy for 600 pesos it was comfortable and shaded. The best thing I liked was the position I could feel the breeze of the beach.

151789 The beach and the water were clean

I had a date a barrio chic I met a couple of years ago she was a dud but I definitely enjoyed the beach. I felt relaxed I loved the breeze there were no beggars and the food was decent.

There are a few other Puerto Plata beaches I want to visit but I will definitely return.

camaro1257
06-09-2018, 01:44 PM
La Playa Long Beach, Puerto Plata

I had a date from Santo Domingo so I decided to try another Puerto Plata beach and this time I tried La Playa Long Beach which is at the east end of the Malecon.

I rented 2 chairs and an umbrella IDR exactly I think it was around 500 pesos.

The restaurant is one of the cassetas on the Malecon and the food was definitely nothing to brag about. The fish wasn't seasoned well and I didn't care for the texture, my date made the same comment. One good thing was the frozen lemonade was absolutely DELICIOUS!

This date was 10 times better than the last but the beach part was nothing to brag about. There was a foul odor coming from the water and the food was not up to par. It was good to experience a different beach however I would not return to this one.

camaro1257
06-13-2018, 10:23 AM
La Playa Costumbar, Costumbar - Puerto Plata

I decided to another beach date this time I went to Costumbar beach. Costumbar is a residential section on the west side of Puerto Plata where the infamous Black Beards hotel is.

It was a very hot day in Puerto Plata but as usual the beach was had a very comfortable breeze.

I had the fried fish which was decent. I rented 2 chairs under the shade for 300 pesos which were very comfortable.

The date was decent it was a young barrio chic that spent of her time on the phone but what can I expect from a post millennial? For me the best time to arrive at the beach is in the morning before the crowd arrives and there is plenty of seating.

I enjoyed the beach and would definitely return.

camaro1257
06-20-2018, 09:17 PM
Blackbeards Resort, Costumbar

Blackbeards is about 20 minutes from where I live therefore it makes a good place to have dinner and drinks along with chica watch. I had dinner a few days with a friend of mine who was staying there and below are some of the sights

camaro1257
06-21-2018, 01:26 AM
Blackbeards Resort, Costumbar

Blackbeards is about 20 minutes from where I live therefore it makes a good place to have dinner and drinks along with chica watch. I had dinner a few days with a friend of mine who was staying there and below are some of the sights

MrHappy
06-21-2018, 08:17 AM
There's been a fair amount of incredibly good looking girls in Blackbeards over the years. Hard to go wrong there.

camaro1257
06-21-2018, 09:42 AM
Blackbeards - Wet T shirt contest

j_d66
06-21-2018, 09:47 AM
My kinda contest
Like the look

http://news.insearchofchicas.org/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=152219&d=1529588396

camaro1257
06-21-2018, 06:11 PM
Blackbeards Restaurant

The food is good and menu includes the typical American items for breakfast luch and dinner along with some comida tipica

The experience puts me in the mind of Pica Flor but the chics are not as pretty and less expensive and the food comes from the kitchen faster.

The chics are generally friendly. In my case I can do in house ST for 2100 to the chica and 1000 pesos for the room which in my case is doable. Of course you can get numbers and try to work a deal outside Blackbeards.

I enjoyed my dinners and I will probably be back not just for dinner but and occasional desert with one of the chicas.

Jimmydr
06-22-2018, 11:36 AM
Blackbeards Restaurant

The food is good and menu includes the typical American items for breakfast luch and dinner along with some comida tipica

The experience puts me in the mind of Pica Flor but the chics are not as pretty and less expensive and the food comes from the kitchen faster.

The chics are generally friendly. In my case I can do in house ST for 2100 to the chica and 1000 pesos for the room which in my case is doable. Of course you can get numbers and try to work a deal outside Blackbeards.

I enjoyed my dinners and I will probably be back not just for dinner but and occasional desert with one of the chicas.

Looks very good.

Westy
06-22-2018, 02:45 PM
Blackbeards Restaurant

It's been a few years since I've been to Blackbeard's, but I had some good meals while I was there. And some good chicas, too....

http://news.insearchofchicas.org/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=93707&d=1390772735

Maybe it's time for a return visit to "the petting zoo." :rolleyes:

bailar
06-23-2018, 09:44 AM
Blackbeards Restaurant

Is 2100 the current price point for short time sessions ?

What about TLN?

camaro1257
06-23-2018, 10:16 AM

What about TLN?

Yes, TLN is 3k

MrHappy
06-23-2018, 01:48 PM
Yes, TLN is 3k

60 bucks. A bargain.

The Sage
06-23-2018, 02:53 PM
Absolutely. Regardless what some folks claim I had chicks flat out refuse to do TLN for 3,500 pesos. 4,000 seemed to be the expected payment.

60 bucks. A bargain.

Westy
06-23-2018, 03:03 PM
Absolutely. Regardless what some folks claim I had chicks flat out refuse to do TLN for 3,500 pesos. 4,000 seemed to be the expected payment.
The first times I went to BB's and Sosua were in 2010, and the exchange rate was around 37 pesos to a buck.

1500 pesos for ST was close to $40 US, and 3000 TLN was close to $80.

Now it's just about 50:$1, and 2000 pesos ST is about $40 US while 4000 TLN is about $80.

Looks as though the big change is in the rate of exchange....

quietcorner911
06-23-2018, 03:17 PM
The posted rate for TLN at BB's is 3600.

MrHappy
06-23-2018, 04:24 PM

At Blackbeards?

If so, I'd hope you said something to management. They are adamant girls follow published rates.

The Sage
06-23-2018, 04:35 PM
No, that’s free range pricing. I’ve never stayed at B.B.

At Blackbeards?

If so, I'd hope you said something to management. They are adamant girls follow published rates.

camaro1257
06-23-2018, 09:20 PM

What about TLN?

Correction on Prices at Black Beards

I went back and got some clarification:

The cheapest room in house is $65.00. If you are staying on property ST is 2100 pesos and TLN is 3500 pesos.

If you are not staying on property the room and a chic for 2 hours is 3800 pesos. You pay the house before you go with the chic. I do not know what the split is between the house and the chic.

SrSuerte
06-24-2018, 02:17 AM

What about TLN?

Yes, TLN is 3k

60 bucks. A bargain.

The posted rate for TLN at BB's is 3600.

Correction on Prices at Black Beards

I went back and got some clarification:

The cheapest room in house is $65.00. If you are staying on property ST is 2100 pesos and TLN is 3500 pesos.

If you are not staying on property the room and a chic for 2 hours is 3800 pesos. You pay the house before you go with the chic. I do not know what the split is between the house and the chic.

The last price is correct. It's 3,500 for all night. One chica bit off more that she could chew and offered me "mucho sexo" even though I tried to tell her no. I did not take her because of the promise. I just did not see time to fit her in again because my trip was coming to an end. I kept her and services degraded a lot. Now while we are in be with broken spanish she says, "you mucho sexo... me no"..... and she wanted to complain about my size during the second session. But in between sessions, she had her sales pitch going.....She just needed a place to sleep because she commutes far to work and she was on the day schedule in the morning....

We did the obligated sessions but I was convinced to go back to hit and quit sessions.

bailar
06-24-2018, 09:31 AM
The last price is correct. It's 3,500 for all night. One chica bit off more that she could chew and offered me "mucho sexo" even though I tried to tell her no. I did not take her because of the promise. I just did not see time to fit her in again because my trip was coming to an end. I kept her and services degraded a lot. Now while we are in be with broken spanish she says, "you mucho sexo... me no"..... and she wanted to complain about my size during the second session. But in between sessions, she had her sales pitch going.....She just needed a place to sleep because she commutes far to work and she was on the day schedule in the morning....

We did the obligated sessions but I was convinced to go back to hit a quit sessions.

Man, I hate that kind of action. I would rather sleep by myself and self service than put up with that BS.

camaro1257
06-26-2018, 02:20 PM
La Bomba Burger King, Puerto Plata

In the Dominican Republic it is not uncommon to have restaurants, convenient stores or drinking establishments attached to gas stations. La Bomba (the pump) is a term used for gas stations here. At the Total gas station as you enter Puerto Plata right next to Jumbo is Burger King.

They have recently renovated the in and outside and in the evening the venue has become a social meeting spot

Sometimes there are couples, families and singles but it is definitely a place where you can chica watchIt also makes a better date location than an expensive restaurant because you can get ice cream or dessert or a meal and chat with your date.

The Burgers taste better in the United States but it serves its purpose as a good meeting place in Puerto Plata.

ezsmile
06-26-2018, 10:26 PM
La Bomba Burger King, Puerto Plata

In the Dominican Republic it is not uncommon to have restaurants, convenient stores or drinking establishments attached to gas stations. La Bomba (the pump) is a term used for gas stations here. At the Total gas station as you enter Puerto Plata right next to Jumbo is Burger King.

They have recently renovated the in and outside and in the evening the venue has become a social meeting spot

Sometimes there are couples, families and singles but it is definitely a place where you can chica watchIt also makes a better date location than an expensive restaurant because you can get ice cream or dessert or a meal and chat with your date.

The Burgers taste better in the United States but it serves its purpose as a good meeting place in Puerto Plata.

sounds like a good spot to take a chica. no camarones on the menu! jejejej

camaro1257
06-29-2018, 09:15 AM
I' am back to Playa Dorada

So far of the 4 Puerto Plata beaches I have visited thus far I like the public beach at Playa Dorada the most for it's ambiance and the food.

It is no Sosua beach with muchas chicas but there were a few the day I went...

t152276152277152278

It was another great day. It seems like no matter how hot the city is he breeze on the beach is absolutely incredible

I'll be back...

quietcorner911
06-29-2018, 11:41 AM
Great info Cam on the public beach at Playa Dorada,can you give some directions on how to get to the public access,I'm assuming you don't access it through the resort entrance of course.

PapiQueRico
06-29-2018, 12:10 PM
I' am back to Playa Dorada

So far of the 4 Puerto Plata beaches I have visited thus far I like the public beach at Playa Dorada the most for it's ambiance and the food.

It is no Sosua beach with muchas chicas but there were a few the day I went...

t152276152277152278

It was another great day. It seems like no matter how hot the city is he breeze on the beach is absolutely incredible

I'll be back...

You should work on speaking broken English with a Dominican accent. Maybe you can get some free dinner and pussy from the "romance tourists" :o

camaro1257
06-29-2018, 04:53 PM
Great info Cam on the public beach at Playa Dorada,can you give some directions on how to get to the public access,I'm assuming you don't access it through the resort entrance of course.

Directions Playa Dorada public beach

Travel west on Hwy 5 out of Sosua, just after you past Playa Dorada main entrance there will be a side road on your right before you enter Puerto Plata turn right. You will drive past a few apartment buildings and you look straight ahead and there will be the public beach.

Irie
06-29-2018, 05:21 PM
Directions Playa Dorada public beach

Travel west on Hwy 5 out of Sosua, just after you past Playa Dorada main entrance there will be a side road on your right before you enter Puerto Plata turn right. You will drive past a few apartment buildings and you look straight ahead and there will be the public beach.

It kind of has an appearance of a service entrance to Playa Dorada.

ezsmile
06-29-2018, 06:02 PM
I always assumed there was no real public beach there, with restaurant shack or bar and that the all inclusives had restricted the access so it was effectively only for the hotels.

Thanks for the info!

jcrew2020
06-30-2018, 07:37 AM
I always assumed there was no real public beach there, with restaurant shack or bar and that the all inclusives had restricted the access so it was effectively only for the hotels.

Thanks for the info!

Try Blue @ Jack Tar Resort. Its a great beach bar and restaurant on the beach in the playa dorada complex. Anyone can go there. Good prices and food. I go there all time. They also have another restaurant called green @ Jack Tar located on the golf course.

Jimmydr
06-30-2018, 12:00 PM
Try Blue @ Jack Tar Resort. Its a great beach bar and restaurant on the beach in the playa dorada complex. Anyone can go there. Good prices and food. I go there all time. They also have another restaurant called green @ Jack Tar located on the golf course.

Great update, thanks

camaro1257
07-01-2018, 08:01 AM
Tabagua Plantation & Eco Lodge, Puerto Plata

Tabagua is a resort in the hills outside Puerto Plata, it is located off the back mountain highway from Puerto Plata to Santiago.

The property has a bar and restaurant and several cabanas for lodging

The restaurant & bar

The view is absolutely incredible, it puts me in the mind of the spectacular view in Jarabacoa

The cabanas are mini cabins without televisions so it is a very rustic type of experience for those who like being close to nature. It makes a good place to visit and when being there it definitely makes you feel like you have stepped back in time.

I did not eat when I was there so I cannot advise on the food but it has been reported that it is very good.

I will definitely return.

bailar
07-01-2018, 01:07 PM
Tabagua Plantation & Eco Lodge, Puerto Plata

Tabagua is a resort in the hills outside Puerto Plata, it is located off the back mountain highway from Puerto Plata to Santiago.

The property has a bar and restaurant and several cabanas for lodging

The restaurant & bar

The view is absolutely incredible, it puts me in the mind of the spectacular view in Jarabacoa

The cabanas are mini cabins without televisions so it is a very rustic type of experience for those who like being close to nature. It makes a good place to visit and when being there it definitely makes you feel like you have stepped back in time.

I did not eat when I was there so I cannot advise on the food but it has been reported that it is very good.

I will definitely return.

Not too many chicas can appreciate this type of location, so, keep that in mind if you bring a date and plan on spending the night. I agree the view is fantastic and it is a good spot for a visit.

Reminds me of the time I took a chica from LT to Las Galeras on the very tip of the Samana Peninsula. Babe had a Novella adiction big time and once the TV went on it was a bitch to get her to turn it off. Thinking I was smart, I booked a two night stay in Las Galeras at one of these close to nature, beautiful ,rustic locations. When we got inside our private cabana the first thing she said was "where is the TV". It was all downhill from there.

camaro1257
07-04-2018, 09:15 AM
MMA comes to Puerto Plata

I did a first and went to a MMA competition which was sponsored by a local martial arts school152377

The event was held at the basketball stadium next to Policia Nacional Headquarters in Puerto Plata

One of the champions for the night

The ring girls were lovely

The competition was fierce

The tradition of the winner was to do his pose on top of the ring

I enjoyed the competition, there was some small guys like less than 150 pounds it was obvious they should not be under estimated because of their size. It was a great event.

camaro1257
07-04-2018, 11:35 PM
Playa Cosita Rica & Restaurante

In the center of the Malecon is Playa Cosita and there is also a restaurant with a balcony that has the same name. I have a photo of the sand from the beach in this area of the Malecon because the wind is very heavy at this season.

The restaurant is an open air venue

I enjoyed the food this time I tried my fish steamed instead of fried. Honestly fried taste better but steamed is more healthy.

The view of the beach and watching the wind surfing was great!

It was a good breeze as always the food was good and my date was decent. Another great day at the beach...

steviewonder
07-05-2018, 12:14 AM
MMA comes to Puerto Plata
I enjoyed the competition, there was some small guys like less than 150 pounds it was obvious they should not be under estimated because of their size. It was a great event.

It's big in the DR because of this Dominican, especially in SD

http://m.ufc.com/fighter/Alex-Garcia

camaro1257
07-12-2018, 10:49 AM
Playa Confresi, Puerto Plata

Playa Confresi is in the Lifestyles Ocean World complex on the west outskirts of Puerto Plata headed toward Santiago. There is a public beach but there were not many chairs or a restaurant for food that I could see.

You could enjoy this beach just like the others you simply have to bring your own food and chairs.

camaro1257
07-24-2018, 12:47 PM
Holdepha Centro Plaza Hotel, Santiago

I had a date and a couple of backups in Santiago so I decided to do a Santiago excursion. The dates turned out to be a bust but I really enjoyed Hotel Holdepha.152630152631152632

There are 3 Holdepha hotels in Santiago and this one is downtown and has a casino attached. I stayed there about 5 years ago but this stay was much better than the first as I can recall.

The facility was immaculate and the staff was very professional...in fact they were so nice at times I wasn't sure if I was in the Dominican Republic...haaaaaaa!

I had a deluxe room which was very comfortable and spacious.

Magnolo
07-24-2018, 12:58 PM
Hey Camaro,

Nice to hear u are having a great time there!
I will be in Santo Domingo on Thursday and Santiago next week. Maybe we can link up.

Enjoy your trip!

camaro1257
07-24-2018, 01:07 PM
Hey Camaro,

Nice to hear u are having a great time there!
I will be in Santo Domingo on Thursday and Santiago next week. Maybe we can link up.

Enjoy your trip!

I am an ex-pat living in Puerto Plata, I do travel to Santo Domingo frequently but not sure when I will return. If you come up north let me know I will try to meet you somewhere.

Magnolo
07-24-2018, 02:28 PM
Sounds good. I will hit u up once I am in Puerto Plata.

camaro1257
07-24-2018, 06:34 PM

I had a date and a couple of backups in Santiago so I decided to do a Santiago excursion. The dates turned out to be a bust but I really enjoyed Hotel Holdepha.152630152631152632

There are 3 Holdepha hotels in Santiago and this one is downtown and has a casino attached. I stayed there about 5 years ago but this stay was much better than the first as I can recall.

The facility was immaculate and the staff was very professional...in fact they were so nice at times I wasn't sure if I was in the Dominican Republic...haaaaaaa!

The view of the Monument from my room

Day

Afternoon - Evening

Night

Jimmydr
07-24-2018, 07:10 PM
Sounds good. I will hit u up once I am in Puerto Plata.

You should meet him, you should.

Magnolo
07-24-2018, 09:02 PM
lol. Thanks for the referral!

camaro1257
07-25-2018, 08:44 AM

Holdepha restaurant and food

The restaurant is on the top floor with a great view of the city. A breakfast buffet is complimentary every morning.

The menu was diverse with the typical American dishes like steak and seafood along with some comida tipica. For dinner I had grilled salmon and sautéed vegetables which was very good

Conclusion

The hotel is centrally located and easily found. The staff was professional I enjoyed the view and the restaurant. The WIFI was strong and there were plenty of cable channels. This visit I did not have a chica although I registered with 2 guest.

One of the complaints I had was the walls are thin and you could hear what was going on in the next room. I would say it is definitely a 4 star hotel with rooms starting at about $100.00 per night. Since it is on the high end I would prefer to have a pool on premises but there was none.

Overall is was a good relaxing experience and I will surely return again.

SrSuerte
07-25-2018, 02:48 PM
Holdepha restaurant and food

The restaurant is on the top floor with a great view of the city. A breakfast buffet is complimentary every morning.

The menu was diverse with the typical American dishes like steak and seafood along with some comida tipica. For dinner I had grilled salmon and sautéed vegetables which was very good

Conclusion

The hotel is centrally located and easily found. The staff was professional I enjoyed the view and the restaurant. The WIFI was strong and there were plenty of cable channels. This visit I did not have a chica although I registered with 2 guest.

One of the complaints I had was the walls are thin and you could hear what was going on in the next room. I would say it is definitely a 4 star hotel with rooms starting at about $100.00 per night. Since it is on the high end I would prefer to have a pool on premises but there was none.

Overall is was a good relaxing experience and I will surely return again.

The whole time I was think.... This place cost a whole lot of nickles and dimes....I can't talk because ABC hotel in the Philippines cost that much and more.

camaro1257
07-29-2018, 04:04 PM
Las Playas- La Boca, El Diamante & Grande. Cabrera

I did a road trip to Nagua and stopped by Cabrera which is about 20 minutes west of the city. I decided not to drive but use a local taxista who acted as my guide and showed me Las Playas La Boca, El Diamante & Grande.

Cabrera is not a tourist community it is basically an ex-pat and Dominican small town with many expensive villas. One of the first things I noticed was how clean everything was which was very refreshing. Unfortunately there is no hotel in the city for overnight stays.

We had lunch on the beach and the fish was fantastic the only problem was my portion was too small I left feeling hungry

The beaches were very tranquil and mostly Dominicans and no tourist

It was an excellent excursion and good to experience something different.

Irie
07-29-2018, 05:44 PM
Playa Diamanté is truly unique imo.......and one that shouldn't be missed if not on time constraints when here. It's a must avoid on Sunday's though.....like several others this time of year.

Magnolo
08-02-2018, 07:42 PM
Camaro, I am driving up to Puerto Plata tomorrow Friday. Time to discover this city. I sent u a pm.
Hope to see u soon!

camaro1257
08-05-2018, 01:34 AM
Akuarius Hotel Bar & Restaurante, Bonao

Akuarius Hotel Bar & Restaurant is one of the staples of Bonao which is about and hour south of Santiago. It is in downtown Bonao

I met a chic on Cupid from Bonao and invited her to Puerto Plata, she came and we had a decent time. I sent her money for passage from Bonao to Puerto Plata the first time with no problem but the second time she kept the money and did not show up.

She contacted me several months later apologizing saying she had problems with her child which was the reason she kept the money. I decided to try again but this time take a trip to see her.

I got a suite with a jacuzzi

The room was very large and comfortable.

camaro1257
08-05-2018, 09:58 AM
Akuarius Hotel Bar & Restaurante, Bonao

Akuarius Hotel Bar & Restaurant is one of the staples of Bonao which is about and hour south of Santiago. It is in downtown Bonao

I met a chic on Cupid from Bonao and invited her to Puerto Plata, she came and we had a decent time. I sent her money for passage from Bonao to Puerto Plata the first time with no problem but the second time she kept the money and did not show up.

She contacted me several months later apologizing saying she had problems with her child which was the reason she kept the money. I decided to try again but this time take a trip to see her.

I got a suite with a jacuzzi

The room was very large and comfortable.

Restaurant

There are 2 dinning rooms the photo on the right is the first and the photo on the left is the second.

The food

Breakfast is not included. Below are photos of my breakfast for the 2 days I was there

My whole fish dinner wasn't that tasty my first night but the second night the salmon dinner was fantastic and very flavorable.

This is the first time I have ever seen a "call box" for your server. You just press a button and they may or may not come...haaaaaaaaa!

Conclusion

I would give the hotel maybe 2 or 3 stars it wasn't bad just there was no comparison to some of the Santiago and Santo Domingo hotels I have been in. The staff was on and off some staff members were very professional and others were very lackadaisical.

The air-conditioning and WIFI were decent. I stayed on the 3rd floor and the pool was on the second floor but I did not visit the pool due to my laziness. One concern I had was my lady friend was able to have access to the elevator and come to my room without checking in at the front desk. If I was busy I would have been busted.

My room was a suite for 2500 pesos and was a decent room with plenty of space. I enjoyed the stay and wouldn't mind returning if I visit Bonao again.