PDA

View Full Version : 02/2018 - INVASION - boca chica 2018

greydread
02-07-2018, 10:28 AM
Wrong thread Grey...this is Boca :p
There are so many....how's a guy supposed to keep track of all that Punani???

So, back on subject...where can I get a 1br apartment, full kitchen in Boca Chica for $20? I love the fact that BC is easy to the beach and easy to the action and easy to the airport but airfares there are taxed to the point of ridicule. The taxis try to charge more for the little 4 mile ride to BC ($25) than a 12 mile, hour long trip to downtown Nairobi from NBO in rush hour traffic ($20).

I have chosen Boca Chica many times just for the convenience but the government has it's hands so far into the pockets of tourists that the "long weekend trip" is becoming a thing of the past. It's difficult to get a reasonable flight to SDQ for under $500 now when a dozen years ago it was a $300 fare. That same 12 years ago it was difficult to get a fare to Nairobi for under $1,800 and now $680 - $750 is the norm.

12 years ago there was an unlimited supply of Dominican restaurants, serving real Dominican food all over Santo Domingo for $5-$6 a plate but now it's Italian, German, American and French food, fast food franchises and shit charging twice that and more. That's the same shit that moved me past Aruba and Sint Maarten. Let's don't even talk about the price of Pum-Pum, it's depressing. I have lain with Angels in Santo Domingo for $30 in the past. Now everyone wants to get rich, right now. Don't get me wrong, there are still great deals, they are just a whole lot fewer and further between.

When I choose the D.R. it's because I get to spend a little time with friends whom I don't get to see very often more than any other reason.

Atlantic City Jimmy
02-07-2018, 12:08 PM
12 years ago there was an unlimited supply of Dominican restaurants, serving real Dominican food all over Santo Domingo for $5-$6 a plate but now it's Italian, German, American and French food, fast food franchises and shit charging twice that and more. That's the same shit that moved me past Aruba and Sint Maarten. Let's don't even talk about the price of Pum-Pum, it's depressing. I have lain with Angels in Santo Domingo for $30 in the past. Now everyone wants to get rich, right now. Don't get me wrong, there are still great deals, they are just a whole lot fewer and further between.

When I choose the D.R. it's because I get to spend a little time with friends whom I don't get to see very often more than any other reason.

Plenty in the campo areas thru out the Island

Atlantic City Jimmy
02-07-2018, 12:08 PM
I have chosen Boca Chica many times just for the convenience but the government has it's hands so far into the pockets of tourists that the "long weekend trip" is becoming a thing of the past. It's difficult to get a reasonable flight to SDQ for under $500 now when a dozen years ago it was a $300 fare. That same 12 years ago it was difficult to get a fare to Nairobi for under $1,800 and now $680 - $750 is the norm.

I love the 20 minute taxi ride.

Atlantic City Jimmy
02-07-2018, 12:14 PM
There are so many....how's a guy supposed to keep track of all that Punani???

So, back on subject...where can I get a 1br apartment, full kitchen in Boca Chica for $20? I love the fact that BC is easy to the beach and easy to the action and easy to the airport but airfares there are taxed to the point of ridicule. The taxis try to charge more for the little 4 mile ride to BC ($25) than a 12 mile, hour long trip to downtown Nairobi from NBO in rush hour traffic ($20).

You return with a public taxi for much cheaper. Robbed going in.

greydread
02-07-2018, 02:04 PM
Plenty in the campo areas thru out the Island
Yeah and I can go out to the villages around Lake Victoria and catch a BBBJ for a stick of gum but who has time for that?

greydread
02-07-2018, 02:07 PM
You return with a public taxi for much cheaper. Robbed going in.
My last ride from SDQ-BC was a $12 Uber fare but the guy had to meet me by the employees entrance to the terminal or the taxi-mafia would have made an example out of him.

Not really some shit I want to be dealing with on vacation.

greydread
02-07-2018, 02:08 PM
I love the 20 minute taxi ride.
It's a great segue into the Dominican vibe, especially with the windows down and no AC.

Atlantic City Jimmy
02-07-2018, 03:22 PM
Yeah and I can go out to the villages around Lake Victoria and catch a BBBJ for a stick of gum but who has time for that?

Me and my group has time, we are on vacation.

Westy
02-07-2018, 05:20 PM
Me and my group has time, we are on vacation.
And that's the difference between "long weekend" trips and vacations. You spend a few days longer, you do a few things more.

(Or you do more of the same things.)