PDA

View Full Version : 04/2018 - I will need your help

Fernado Gomez
04-25-2018, 12:43 AM
Hey everyone
I am looking to spend 3 months in Dominican Republic starting Jan 2019.
I am looking for information to help me make the best of it.
Thanks

camaro1257
04-25-2018, 03:26 AM
Several Questions?

It will be a lot easier to give advice if you answer the following questions:

1. What is the purpose of your visit?
2. Where will you be living?
3. Have you been to the Dominican Republic before and if so for what purpose?
4. Are you willing to travel the Island?
5. Do you speak Spanish?
6. What will be your preferred mode of transportation?

Fernado Gomez
04-25-2018, 07:15 AM
A: Sex tourism

A: Boca Chica (https://www.tripadvisor.ca/Hotels-g967189-c2-Boca_Chica_Santo_Domingo_Province_Dominican_Republic-Hotels.html) thinking of a condo

A: Yes 4 times tourism Punta Cana and Puerto Plate

A: yes
5. Do you speak Spanish?
A: No

A: Taxi / Bus

Thanks for taking the time i appreciate it very much

greydread
04-25-2018, 07:51 AM
Meet the Mayor (Yayow, stop and get a bottle of Ciroc at the duty free to lubricate the conversation). The rest is easy.

Irie
04-25-2018, 08:21 AM
Great advice above, but get a huge had start by signing up for a membership here. It's relatively cheap and the information is worth it's weight in gold.

yayow
04-25-2018, 08:41 AM
Like they said, get a membership to start off, read a couple of recent threads regarding Boca Chica. A good place to start. Boca is a good place to live for 3 months and January is the best time to do it. I have many friends that do just that from January till Easter. Weather very nice at that time of year. Small enough beach town with plenty of English speakers, but always good to learn some Spanish , (especially for communication with the chicas). Plenty of rentals, and more going up everyday. While tooling around Boca no need for transportation can get everywhere vía foot or by moto. Decent transportation system if you want to try other areas for a few days at a time. Taxis no problems either, especially with Uber. Would suggest meeting some chicas in advance of arriving (via dating sites), but plenty of chicas around on a daily basis either from the beach, or later on the street or in the discos, plus of course a few casas available, with lineups of chicas. Would avoid the Dominican male touts that speak English, you don't need them, plus most are ex criminals from the States that got deported and are looking to make money off of you, I know a few that are decent but most should be avoided.

By the way that bottle of Ciroc is not a bad idea either, tends to loosen the lips:rofl:

yayow
04-25-2018, 08:46 AM
Google translate app will also be your friend.

camaro1257
04-25-2018, 09:24 AM
A: Sex tourism

A: Boca Chica (https://www.tripadvisor.ca/Hotels-g967189-c2-Boca_Chica_Santo_Domingo_Province_Dominican_Republic-Hotels.html) thinking of a condo

A: Yes 4 times tourism Punta Cana and Puerto Plate

A: yes
5. Do you speak Spanish?
A: No

A: Taxi / Bus

Thanks for taking the time i appreciate it very much

1. For sex tourism two easy destinations are Boca Chica and Sosua.

2. If you get a condo security should be a major concern, reason being if you will be having professional sex workers in your condo you will need to think of ways to secure your belongings like a safe which most condos do not have. In addition you might want to be somewhere that has physical security in case you get into a dispute with one of your guest. Some of the chicas can be very contentious and it might be good to have a mediator in the event of a dispute.

3. Since you are willing to travel the Island I suggest splitting your trip between Boca Chica and Sosua, they are both sex tourism destinations but have different flavors that you might want to experience in contrast. If you haven't booked your flight yet you could consider arriving at Las Americas (SDQ) for your Boca Chica stay and departing from Gregorio Luperon (POP) for your Sosua stay.

4. I suggest you learn some basic Spanish before you come, this can be done on YouTube easily at no cost to you. Just go to YouTube and type "basic Spanish" or "Dominican Spanish" there will be more than enough to keep you busy.

4. For transportation you can take a taxi from Boca Chica to Santo Domingo and either take Metro or Carribe Tours bus to Sosua. Be prepared to set aside the better part of a day in travel it could be 5 hours or more depending on how well you make the connections and how busy the bus terminals are. The busses are notoriously cold from air conditioning so wear something comfortable while on the bus.

There is a plethora of information on both Boca Chica and Sosua on this site. If you have not signed up please do, you have much homework to do...

Fernado Gomez
04-25-2018, 10:12 AM
Meet the Mayor (Yayow, stop and get a bottle of Ciroc at the duty free to lubricate the conversation). The rest is easy.

Ok you advice me to meet with RADHAMÉS CASTRO and buy the Mayor a bottle of Ciroc.
Please forgive my hesitation in doing so.
But is it a command practice for foreign to meet with the Mayor and bring a gift.
And if so what should be my approach in my conversation.

Thanks again.

Irie
04-25-2018, 10:16 AM
Ok you advice me to meet with RADHAMÉS CASTRO and buy the Mayor a bottle of Ciroc.
But is it a command practice for foreign to meet with the Mayor and bring a gift.

Thanks again.

figure of speech. Yayow here on the board is the unelected 'mayor' of Boca. He's responded above. Get n touch with him and I'm sure he'll give a piece of advice or two. :lol:

Westy
04-25-2018, 10:32 AM

Thanks again.

Uhmmm ... We don't mean the actual Mayor of the town.

Here on this board, we call Yayow the "Mayor of Boca Chica." It's a joke so old it has become an ISOC tradition.

We're advising you to meet with Yayow. He is a fount of knowledge, borne of long and wide observation of that town and of Dominican culture.

And, yes, the Ciroc will indeed help the fount flow freely. :wink:

Fernado Gomez
04-25-2018, 10:53 AM
I love it
Meet the rookie, the new guy, thanks
And I will become a member and contact The Mayor of Boca Chica
:rofl:

BlueDevil
04-25-2018, 01:41 PM
Sign up and start by reading the latest threads on the DR and keep reading until you can't read anymore....

tarzan
04-26-2018, 05:34 PM

Thanks again.

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

Westy
04-26-2018, 06:07 PM
I love it
Meet the rookie, the new guy, thanks
And I will become a member and contact The Mayor of Boca Chica
:rofl:
The way this thread is going ... We're REALLY going to want a Trip Report!

Happyhorn
04-26-2018, 06:43 PM
You should also consider a side trip or two to the Capital. Santo Domingo is my favorite place to monger, but it is a little more expensive and slightly more challenging but well worth it!