PDA

View Full Version : Representatives from the hotel industry complain about closing times

Gutter Meat
03-19-2007, 04:08 AM
Representatives from the large hotel chains in Samaná, dr. Pedro Catrain, and Mr Armando Casciati (from Sosúa) hope to organise a meeting with the government to discuss the closing times for bars/restaurants.

SeaCrets in SosúaThese closing times (valid for all premises where alcoholic beverages are sold) have resulted in a 30% drop in turnover. Bars in Samaná must close at midnight on weekdays, although those in Sosúa may stay open until 1am. On Friday and Saturday nights they remain open until 2am.
Even the beer brewers and rum manufacturers are reporting 30% drops in turnover for January and February. They attribute this to the higher sales tax (ITBIS), which has resulted in considerably higher beer prices.
The representatives feel that these measures give the Dominican Republic a bad image, as an expensive holiday destination. If the closing times were extended to 2am on weekdays and 4am at weekends, this would be a real improvement.

Cuba Libre
03-19-2007, 05:01 PM
SeaCrets in SosúaThese closing times (valid for all premises where alcoholic beverages are sold) have resulted in a 30% drop in turnover.30% drop for SeaCrets? That means they've lost 3 customers.:eek:

kiddfrost
03-19-2007, 06:16 PM
Representatives from the large hotel chains in Samaná, dr. Pedro Catrain, and Mr Armando Casciati (from Sosúa) hope to organise a meeting with the government to discuss the closing times for bars/restaurants.

SeaCrets in SosúaThese closing times (valid for all premises where alcoholic beverages are sold) have resulted in a 30% drop in turnover. Bars in Samaná must close at midnight on weekdays, although those in Sosúa may stay open until 1am. On Friday and Saturday nights they remain open until 2am.
Even the beer brewers and rum manufacturers are reporting 30% drops in turnover for January and February. They attribute this to the higher sales tax (ITBIS), which has resulted in considerably higher beer prices.
The representatives feel that these measures give the Dominican Republic a bad image, as an expensive holiday destination. If the closing times were extended to 2am on weekdays and 4am at weekends, this would be a real improvement.

There has to be another way... Extending the time only give the chicas more time to keep high prices until closing... I like the times now, I gives me just enough time to club, drink, pick a discounted chica, fuck, drink in the room, fuck again, and get some sleep.

SJG
03-19-2007, 06:39 PM
These drops in sales can be attributed to many factors, not just the times that the bars close. The increase in sales tax coupled with the drop in tourism from the US due to new rules requiring a passport to travel where traditionally you only needed a drivers license and birth certifacate must also have had an impact. Once US citizens get with the program and get their Passports, tourism will return to previous levels and a better indicator of how the closing time impacts the clubs can bee seen. Obviosly there is loss of revenue due to the earlier closing times, but it may not be as bad as they think and is being compounded right now by the other factors.

Apos
03-19-2007, 06:41 PM
can you post the source for this please...link?

Kevy
03-19-2007, 06:46 PM
He got it from Sosuanews.

dreatmanoohyea
03-19-2007, 07:55 PM
I do have a problem with the hours, Im a night owl. I go to sleep late in the states. When I party in the states i dont get ready to go to the disco until 11-1130pm, thats just me. I dont drink alot, but i do spend my money from the pm til the am. I go outside at times and its a ghost town.

Beads
03-20-2007, 11:25 AM
I do have a problem with the hours, Im a night owl. I go to sleep late in the states. When I party in the states i dont get ready to go to the disco until 11-1130pm, thats just me. I dont drink alot, but i do spend my money from the pm til the am. I go outside at times and its a ghost town.

I felt the same way at first but your schedule will shift accordingly. Youll wake up earlier and have more daylight time for the beach or other things. It really isnt that bad.

The only bad thing is people who do go back to the hotel to sleep right away or even before these early closings do get interrupted by the loud drunks leaving the bars and headed back to the hotel for possibly another drink or 2 before bed. I know we got yelled at by a few Italian women who were in a room between all of us a few weeks ago. Ohh well its our vacation too.

Hemp
03-20-2007, 11:32 AM
I felt the same way at first but your schedule will shift accordingly. Youll wake up earlier and have more daylight time for the beach or other things. It really isnt that bad.

The only bad thing is people who do go back to the hotel to sleep right away or even before these early closings do get interrupted by the loud drunks leaving the bars and headed back to the hotel for possibly another drink or 2 before bed. I know we got yelled at by a few Italian women who were in a room between all of us a few weeks ago. Ohh well its our vacation too.

lol...i heard from a lil wolfy that you have one of the most hell raising crews ever to hit sosua!!!

you guys really let it all hang out when u party!!!

Beads
03-20-2007, 02:00 PM
lol...i heard from a lil wolfy that you have one of the most hell raising crews ever to hit sosua!!!

you guys really let it all hang out when u party!!!

we all have our moments.I like to think of myself as a quiet laid back kind of person for the most part.

SJG
03-20-2007, 02:02 PM
we all have our moments.I like to think of myself as a quiet laid back kind of person for the most part.

When you are not abusing the locals..... :p :rolleyes: ;) :rofl:

Beads
03-20-2007, 02:56 PM
When you are not abusing the locals..... :p :rolleyes: ;) :rofl:

The pushy Hatian guy who sells paitings and the guy selling wooden statues have learned some manners since their previous meetings with me. They have decided my simple "no gracias" is good enough for them to leave me alone now.

2 down and many more to go :rofl: .

The nail gun to the kneecap response to poor behavior appears to be working.:lol: :lol:

Hemp
03-20-2007, 03:36 PM

your quiet, but the crew you lead i hear...are like HELLS ANGELS!!!

lol