PDA

View Full Version : 07/2019 - Casa Sanchez Boutique Hotel, Santo Domingo

camaro1257
07-30-2019, 04:29 PM
Casa Sanchez Boutique Hotel

This is another colonial style hotel off El Conde in Zona Colonial of Santo Domingo

The outside is not aesthetic and there is nothing to brag about.

Check in went smooth. They have you sign the hotel policies when you arrive and one of the clauses says visitors on not allowed. I booked for two so my guest was not a problem but I guess that policy would make the hotel not girl friendly. I didn't ask but I suspect if you slide the front desk something they might let you get by but the easiest thing to do is just book for two.

My room

The room was obviously dated but clean. There is no room key just a electronic combination lock you set the code when you arrive. The WIFI was strong but I did not use the TV.

The bathroom was very modern and had obviously been renovated.

camaro1257
07-30-2019, 09:59 PM
Amenities

There is a pool in the center of the hotel although I do not know if it is being used to bathe.

The roof

The roof has a sitting area pool table and jacuzzi

Breakfast

The hotel has no restaurant so if you want to eat you have to walk to El Conde and find the restaurant of your choosing. There is a small kitchen where they prepare breakfast which is included.

Conclusion:

The hotel has a quaint colonial feel and is obviously dated. The staff was very professional and polite. The minus for me would be the absence of a restaurant because I use dining as a part of my dating process. It is a lot easier to have dinner on the hotel property and transition into your room afterwards.

The hotel is not girl friendly because they do not allow guest other than your booking for more than one person. When your guest arrive they take their cedula and retain a copy for their records.
The experience was not bad it's just that there are better options for the same price point in the same area within walking distance therefore I doubt if I would repeat.