PDA

View Full Version : 10/2019 - Flight connections at JFK

Pinoydave
10-14-2019, 05:54 AM
Flying from England to Sosua best flights at the moment seem to connect through New York.....

If I am only connecting do I need any type of American visa??

How long do I need to make a connection??

Thanks

JDR
10-14-2019, 08:07 AM
Flying from England to Sosua best flights at the moment seem to connect through New York.....

Thanks

If you are British? No I am guessing?

questner
10-14-2019, 10:18 PM

Thanks

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Visa_policy_of_the_United_States

Follow 'connections' line

See if you have to check in your luggage again

Allow 3 hours for customs and immigration

Plan ahead before booking what would happen if you miss a connecting flight

steviewonder
10-15-2019, 08:43 PM

Thanks

You need a ESTA Visa which you can get online as your passport say GBR. It's good for 2 yrs, and not sure how many pounds it would cost. You should be able to check with a travel agency in your area. Also look into BA connecting into Miami, then onward to DR with American airlines.

Westy
10-15-2019, 10:31 PM
You need a ESTA Visa which you can get online as your passport say GBR. It's good for 2 yrs, and not sure how many pounds it would cost. You should be able to check with a travel agency in your area. Also look into BA connecting into Miami, then onward to DR with American airlines.
British Airways and American Airlines are partners in the "OneWorld" alliance, along with Japan Air Lines, Cathay Pacific, and a bunch more.

When I was looking into a flight from East-Coast-USA to Kenya, the American Airlines website listed British Airways connections.

Sometimes you can do better on a OneWorld-partner website ... for example, I booked my latest Philippines trip on the Cathay Pacific (CX) website, and got a direct flight from my home area (Washington, DC - Dulles International Airport - IAD) to Hong Kong. The AA.com (American Airlines) site didn't show that trip, and on my previous Far East trips I flew AA equipment to Chicago O'Hare (ORD) and CX equipment to HKG, then onwards to Manila -- or Bangkok. Booking through the Cathay Pacific website, I got a direct flight from HKG to Clark International Airport, next to Angeles City - close to noon, Philippines time -- whereas my previous AA/CX flights arrived in Manila close to midnight!

You might want to check "AA.com" for a better fare, for London - Miami - DomRep.

Pinoydave
10-16-2019, 03:03 AM
Thanks for all the advice