11-05-2019, 09:40 AM
Just doing some research on the DR

questner
11-05-2019, 08:05 PM
Looks like PhD with join date of February 2015 :smile:

Westy
11-05-2019, 08:09 PM
Looks like PhD with join date of February 2015 :smile:

That is "... fascinating," as Spock would say in that dry humorless way of his.

I can't imagine myself lurking on a site like this for nearly five years before making my first post.

Hope he remembers us when he publishes his dissertation.

Jimmydr
11-05-2019, 09:59 PM
That is "... fascinating," as Spock would say in that dry humorless way of his.

I can't imagine myself lurking on a site like this for nearly five years before making my first post.

Hope he remembers us when he publishes his dissertation.

1,400,000 posts to read.

jose1234
11-06-2019, 12:39 PM
I have lived in the DR for many years. The main danger is getting old here. But the greater danger is getting old in North America. Lol. The main rule to know is Gringos (you) are for money. If you meet a honey in Boca Chica or Sosua your not suddenly 20 years old again and she is not special. Always review the situation by taking a good long look at yourself in the mirror before thinking you have anything to offer other than financial... Also, do not make the mistake of paying too much... Enjoy your time, fantasy and brief attention that you probably cannot duplicate at home. Best wishes.

Jimmydr
11-06-2019, 12:43 PM
I have lived in the DR for many years. The main danger is getting old here. But the greater danger is getting old in North America. Lol.

Why is North America worse?

jose1234
11-06-2019, 01:08 PM
Why is North America worse?

i have not been back to the usa for any significant amount of time, but i seem to remember Cost of going out for drinks, availability of young woman, weather, moral and political norms, healthcare costs, happiness of people and such to be worse. I guess there is availability of women in North America...Atlantic City or ? I am sure to be corrected because all I know is the DR.

Jimmydr
11-06-2019, 01:13 PM
i have not been back to the usa for any significant amount of time, but i seem to remember Cost of going out for drinks, availability of young woman, weather, moral and political norms, healthcare costs, happiness of people and such to be worse. I guess there is availability of women in North America...Atlantic City or ? I am sure to be corrected because all I know is the DR.

When I started hitting DR in 1997, I went out all the time and was able to do 2-3 chicas a day.

Now I can get a great 3 bedroom condo with a pool, in South Carolina. Great weather year round.

These days I prefer to be alone.

The healthcare is fine and restaurants are priced ok.

We have an International Airport where I can shoot down to Meddy, let loose for a few weeks and then return to my mancave.