PDA

View Full Version : 07/2020 - Blackbeard's Finally Sold?

TC
07-06-2020, 03:48 PM
https://www.ocean-side-realty.com/Costambar/Puerto_Plata/Commercial_Real_Estate/Busy_Adult_Resort_2_Minute_walk_to_beach/Costambar/Agent/Listing_277046766.html

This place has been for sale for years with no buyer, despite the price being cut more than 50%. Now, in the middle of a global pandemic, the ad says, "Sale Pending". Does anyone on this board wish to identify himself as the new owner, and my new idol?

SrSuerte
07-06-2020, 05:08 PM
I'm on standby to read the developments of this. Whatever it is I hope the business will offer the same services. Improvements and adjustments are fine but they have done a lot to keep this place going. All I hope for is a speedy return to being open, and if someone can solve the chronic issues they have had along the years.

TC
07-07-2020, 12:50 PM
I'm on standby to read the developments of this. Whatever it is I hope the business will offer the same services. Improvements and adjustments are fine but they have done a lot to keep this place going. All I hope for is a speedy return to being open, and if someone can solve the chronic issues they have had along the years.

I realize that opinions of BBs are very mixed on this board, but I've come to like it more and more over the years and don't go anywhere else in the DR anymore. I haven't been to Sosua in years, and have no plans to return there anytime soon. What do you see as "the chronic issues" to be solved?

Citynights
07-07-2020, 01:13 PM
Always enjoyed the contests.....great way to spend a Saturday afternoon ....

MrHappy
07-07-2020, 06:13 PM
I realize that opinions of BBs are very mixed on this board, but I've come to like it more and more over the years and don't go anywhere else in the DR anymore. I haven't been to Sosua in years, and have no plans to return there anytime soon. What do you see as "the chronic issues" to be solved?

The most aggravating one I've come across is the guys "wifing up" girls. Personally, I don't think it should be allowed. Other than that, it's a good deal.

quietcorner911
07-08-2020, 09:09 PM
The listing states a 17% ROI,I doubt that very much,with only 22 rooms??

Jimmydr
07-11-2020, 03:34 PM
The most aggravating one I've come across is the guys "wifing up" girls. Personally, I don't think it should be allowed. Other than that, it's a good deal.

That would knock out many clients.

Don Tomas
07-11-2020, 06:54 PM
The listing states a 17% ROI,I doubt that very much,with only 22 rooms??

I was curious what the rate was but I found that their website has been hacked and it redirects to sex drug online pharmacy.:rofl:

I was able to find the rates cached on Google;
Standard (4) = $55
Deluxe (11) = $60
Double (5) = $99
Captain (1) = $75
Penthouse (1) = $119

Excluding everything else 38% occupancy would provide 17% ROI.

Of course there is employee wages, overhead, utilities, under the table, etc costs.
But OTOH you pretty much have a captive audience for drinks/food. Sure maybe a bunch of guys chip in for an evening out in PP/Sousa but I would be willing to bet most guys stay there their whole trip.

The hardest part would be the "donations" to local/regional/federal LEOs and keeping the girls coming in.

Still unless you knew some really important people, it's a sucker bet. IMHO

j_d66
07-11-2020, 07:59 PM
I was curious what the rate was but I found that their website has been hacked and it redirects to sex drug online pharmacy.:rofl:

Standard (4) = $55
Deluxe (11) = $60
Double (5) = $99
Captain (1) = $75
Penthouse (1) = $119

Of course there is employee wages, overhead, utilities, under the table, etc costs.
But OTOH you pretty much have a captive audience for drinks/food. Sure maybe a bunch of guys chip in for an evening out in PP/Sousa but I would be willing to bet most guys stay there their whole trip.

The hardest part would be the "donations" to local/regional/federal LEOs and keeping the girls coming in.

You should be able to get at it from this link without getting redirected

http://www.blackbeardsadultresort.com/index.html (http://www.blackbeardsadultresort.com/index.html)

Don Tomas
07-11-2020, 09:52 PM
You should be able to get at it from this link without getting redirected

http://www.blackbeardsadultresort.com/index.html (http://www.blackbeardsadultresort.com/index.html)

Interesting if you do a Google search and click on any link you are redirected. But the website itself isn't redirecting since your link plus all the other links on the site work fine.

https://www.google.com/search?ei=JD8KX4eOI9bWtQbhzrDQBQ&q=blackbeards+dominican+republic&oq=blackbeards+do&gs_lcp=CgZwc3ktYWIQAxgAMgIIADICCAAyAggAMgIIADIGCAAQFhAeMggIABAWEAoQHjIGCAAQFhAeMgYIABAWEB4yCAgAEBYQChAeMggIABAWEAoQHjoFCAAQkQI6BAgAEAo6BAgAEENQlx5Y4C9gnjhoAHAAeACAAVuIAdkBkgEBM5gBAKABAaoBB2d3cy13aXo&sclient=psy-ab

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=2ahUKEwib2fHTocbqAhWTPM0KHVnRBnsQFjACegQIBhAC&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.blackbeardsadultresort.com%2Ffaq.html&usg=AOvVaw3gNja7YS3ATPDxDUl53uGE

j_d66
07-12-2020, 12:39 AM
Interesting if you do a Google search and click on any link you are redirected. But the website itself isn't redirecting since your link plus all the other links on the site work fine.

https://www.google.com/search?ei=JD8KX4eOI9bWtQbhzrDQBQ&q=blackbeards+dominican+republic&oq=blackbeards+do&gs_lcp=CgZwc3ktYWIQAxgAMgIIADICCAAyAggAMgIIADIGCAAQFhAeMggIABAWEAoQHjIGCAAQFhAeMgYIABAWEB4yCAgAEBYQChAeMggIABAWEAoQHjoFCAAQkQI6BAgAEAo6BAgAEENQlx5Y4C9gnjhoAHAAeACAAVuIAdkBkgEBM5gBAKABAaoBB2d3cy13aXo&sclient=psy-ab

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=2ahUKEwib2fHTocbqAhWTPM0KHVnRBnsQFjACegQIBhAC&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.blackbeardsadultresort.com%2Ffaq.html&usg=AOvVaw3gNja7YS3ATPDxDUl53uGE

Yep i found the same thing happened to me

You probably understand it better than me but the link i share had already been cached on my computer so it doesn't redirect and i can negotiate the site from that link

But i agree it looks like they have been hacked

huskerdude
07-12-2020, 11:42 AM

Standard (4) = $55
Deluxe (11) = $60
Double (5) = $99
Captain (1) = $75
Penthouse (1) = $119

That's without taxes etc. I stay all the time using the Deluxe room & pay about $75/night where it has $60.

Don Tomas
07-12-2020, 08:21 PM
That's without taxes etc. I stay all the time using the Deluxe room & pay about $75/night where it has $60.

Well all of the taxes are supposed to be given to the government, so that isn't profit. :rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

PS. Sorry if I used too many ROFL emoticons, but I'm still laughing after writing that sentence.

Jimmydr
07-12-2020, 08:38 PM

That would be correct. Profit based on $60.

quietcorner911
07-13-2020, 12:42 PM
The biggest risk to buying BB's at any price is that at any given moment regardless of how much grease is given to multiple wheels you could be shut down and possibly thrown in prison,just ask Peter Jenson,the odds are probably lower based on the fact that BB's has been running unimpeded for many years but things change in the DR and there are no legal protections whatsoever. I can get consistent and safe 12-15% returns on my money so I'll stick to that and hopefully continue to enjoy an occasional visit to BB's.

Jimmydr
07-13-2020, 04:59 PM
The biggest risk to buying BB's at any price is that at any given moment regardless of how much grease is given to multiple wheels you could be shut down and possibly thrown in prison,just ask Peter Jenson,the odds are probably lower based on the fact that BB's has been running unimpeded for many years but things change in the DR and there are no legal protections whatsoever. I can get consistent and safe 12-15% returns on my money so I'll stick to that and hopefully continue to enjoy an occasional visit to BB's.

What else can you do with "dirty money"?

questner
07-13-2020, 06:42 PM

I would like to see the paperwork of the newly formed Dominican Corporation with all the assets transferred into it. The shares are to be sold, not BB.

The potential buyers/sellers may be also interested in transaction itself, I hope you understand this point.

There are many ways to evaluate the assets, and all of them should exclude the property operating as adult resort.

There is much less value without it being an adult resort, and with low tourism even less.

How many would take a room in Costambar without organized female companionship on premises?

However, the building plus kitchen equipment have some value, if everything is clean starting from the title etc.

BTW, if anyone knows how to get 'constant and safe 12-15% return' on USD or CAD, teach me.

camaro1257
07-13-2020, 06:58 PM
I would like to see the paperwork of the newly formed Dominican Corporation with all the assets transferred into it. The shares are to be sold, not BB.

The potential buyers/sellers may be also interested in transaction itself, I hope you understand this point.

There are many ways to evaluate the assets, and all of them should exclude the property operating as adult resort.

There is much less value without it being an adult resort, and with low tourism even less.

How many would take a room in Costambar without organized female companionship on premises?

However, the building plus kitchen equipment have some value, if everything is clean starting from the title etc.

BTW, if anyone knows how to get 'constant and safe 12-15% return' on USD or CAD, teach me.

Yeah I have earned some money in the US Stock exchange and lost some too so I definately get your point.

Jimmydr
07-13-2020, 09:57 PM

My 26 year average is about 9.5%

quietcorner911
07-14-2020, 10:12 AM
BTW, if anyone knows how to get 'constant and safe 12-15% return' on USD or CAD, teach me.Private mortgage lending. I've been doing it for 15 years and never lost a dime and have consistently made 12-15% returns.

Hunter
07-14-2020, 10:23 AM
Private mortgage lending. I've been doing it for 15 years and never lost a dime and have consistently made 12-15% returns.

i.e QC works for the Gambinos out of Providence :p:p

quietcorner911
07-14-2020, 10:26 AM
i.e QC works for the Gambinos out of Providence :p:pLaugh all you want,I'll keep laughing all the way to the bank.....

whynotme
07-14-2020, 10:34 AM
Private mortgage lending. I've been doing it for 15 years and never lost a dime and have consistently made 12-15% returns.

nice:corky:

two of my customers do that as well and specialize in hard to finance and with commercial properties.

they take a 3% 'finders fee' which is added to the principal and then charge anywhere from 8% to 15% depending on the down stroke/ credit rating etc.

one customer has a million dollar line of credit for his business (not me:() at 3.5% and lends out most of it and picks up enough on the % spread difference that he doesnt even need to work............ but will continue as he loves the thrill and the scent of fresh money :rofl:

questner
07-14-2020, 01:26 PM
My 26 year average is about 9.5%

You posted your return before, as I recall it was an index less expenses, (I don't remember if I counted inflation then also) and it was under 6%, which is reasonable. However, it is an average, it is not consistent or safe, and does not allow for adjusted rate unsecured borrowing to enhance your results. If it is 9.5% before inflation and after expenses it is a very good result, congratulations, you did much better than average investor :greedy_dollars:

questner
07-14-2020, 01:39 PM

I expected exactly this answer.

Here usually you have to lend 25K+ and be in a second position in a residential or commercial mortgage.

If the borrower defaults the lender risks the capital. The legal expenses are high. The other problem is diversification, you have to be very loaded to commit such capital to one or several borrowers. The return within a mortgage corporation here is about 8-8.5% with substantial risk, more diversification and less legal expenses. But at 8% one can just buy into high yield market.

Probably you know better the borrowers, so you are a better investor, congratulations :applause:

questner
07-14-2020, 01:48 PM
nice:corky:

two of my customers do that as well and specialize in hard to finance and with commercial properties.

they take a 3% 'finders fee' which is added to the principal and then charge anywhere from 8% to 15% depending on the down stroke/ credit rating etc.

one customer has a million dollar line of credit for his business (not me:() at 3.5% and lends out most of it and picks up enough on the % spread difference that he doesnt even need to work............ but will continue as he loves the thrill and the scent of fresh money :rofl:

He has a collateral. Also it's commercial, higher risks and expenses.

The financial institution usually monitors the transactions...

If the debtors default the financial institution is going to sell his collateral unless he can make principal or interest and principal payments; good luck for him...

MrHappy
07-15-2020, 08:06 AM
I have been sticking money into my AFP for a few years and wish I had put in a lot more. As it stands now, I've gotten almost 50% on the money I've put away.

It reminds me of when I had CD's with Banco Central at 50% many years ago.

Hunter
07-15-2020, 10:55 AM
Whenever any money guy or situation guarantees you 10% or better returns for 5-10 years and is safe....run for the hills...

If that were easy everyone would do it....

Think Bernie Madoff

Think that Domincan Hustler

Just watch Americna Greed on CNBC....so many people get taken....

quietcorner911
07-15-2020, 12:08 PM
I expected exactly this answer.

Here usually you have to lend 25K+ and be in a second position in a residential or commercial mortgage.

If the borrower defaults the lender risks the capital. The legal expenses are high. The other problem is diversification, you have to be very loaded to commit such capital to one or several borrowers. The return within a mortgage corporation here is about 8-8.5% with substantial risk, more diversification and less legal expenses. But at 8% one can just buy into high yield market.

Probably you know better the borrowers, so you are a better investor, congratulations :applause:I've only done a few second position mortgages,small ones in the $50K range,presently all of my mortgages are first position. I do my lending business in Canada,in Canada we don't foreclose on people that default we go Power of Sale. I only loan up to 70% loan to value with most loans being in the 60ish range,therefore the real estate market would have to crash significantly in less than 12 months in order for my capital to be at risk,keep in mind these are 1 year interest only loans. I prefer that the borrower default at some point and about 50% do,I make a lot more money when people pay me late and eventually default. I charge $250. for every late payment and a three month penalty on a default. Questner,private mortgage lenders NEVER pay the legal fees,NEVER,the borrower pays all legal fees and expenses. If anyone on this forum wants to see the loan documents to a few of my mortgages PM me an email address and I will send them to you as proof. If you people would just do your homework before calling me a liar you just might learn something,private mortgage lending is quite common and people make good money doing it,just because you don't do it and don't know shit about it doesn't mean other people don't make really good money doing it.

questner
07-15-2020, 12:17 PM
I've only done a few second position mortgages,small ones in the $50K range,presently all of my mortgages are first position. I do my lending business in Canada,in Canada we don't foreclose on people that default we go Power of Sale. I only loan up to 70% loan to value with most loans being in the 60ish range,therefore the real estate market would have to crash significantly in less than 12 months in order for my capital to be at risk,keep in mind these are 1 year interest only loans. I prefer that the borrower default at some point and about 50% do,I make a lot more money when people pay me late and eventually default. I charge $250. for every late payment and a three month penalty on a default. Questner,private mortgage lenders NEVER pay the legal fees,NEVER,the borrower pays all legal fees and expenses. If anyone on this forum wants to see the loan documents to a few of my mortgages PM me an email address and I will send them to you as proof. If you people would just do your homework before calling me a liar you just might learn something,private mortgage lending is quite common and people make good money doing it,just because you don't do it and don't know shit about it doesn't mean other people don't make really good money doing it.

Thank you, I always trusted what you post, just eager to learn.

quietcorner911
07-15-2020, 12:39 PM
Whenever any money guy or situation guarantees you 10% or better returns for 5-10 years and is safe....run for the hills...

Think Bernie Madoff

Just watch Americna Greed on CNBC....so many people get taken.... Hunter most of the time you are right,if someone pitches an investment idea with high returns it is usually too good to be true,I did nothing of the sort,I didn't pitch anything,I just responded to Questner's plea to be told how to make returns at the rate that I posted that I was getting,I have ZERO to gain from it and have pretty much been called a liar. I can prove that I am not full of shit and am willing to prove it. I will gladly meet with you (or anyone else for that matter) with my loan documents in hand along with my bank statements showing the deposits along with my identification to show proof that the documents are in fact mine. I will be in northeast Connecticut until September 14th,Sosua from September 14th until mid November then back to C.T. until New Year's then Sosua until May. If there is anything else I can do to prove that I am not full of shit just let me know.

Hunter
07-15-2020, 12:45 PM
Hunter most of the time you are right,if someone pitches an investment idea with high returns it is usually too good to be true,I did nothing of the sort,I didn't pitch anything,I just responded to Questner's plea to be told how to make returns at the rate that I posted that I was getting,I have ZERO to gain from it and have pretty much been called a liar. I can prove that I am not full of shit and am willing to prove it. I will gladly meet with you (or anyone else for that matter) with my loan documents in hand along with my bank statements showing the deposits along with my identification to show proof that the documents are in fact mine. I will be in northeast Connecticut until September 14th,Sosua from September 14th until mid November then back to C.T. until New Year's then Sosua until May. If there is anything else I can do to prove that I am not full of shit just let me know.

yeah.. i wasnt referring to you....Just so much you read about Bernie Madoff ponzi schemes...that was more I was referring to...I believe you.

We need to get together. We miss each other in the Sou..maybe in CT...

Jimmydr
07-15-2020, 01:01 PM
Hunter most of the time you are right,if someone pitches an investment idea with high returns it is usually too good to be true,I did nothing of the sort,I didn't pitch anything,I just responded to Questner's plea to be told how to make returns at the rate that I posted that I was getting,I have ZERO to gain from it and have pretty much been called a liar. I can prove that I am not full of shit and am willing to prove it. I will gladly meet with you (or anyone else for that matter) with my loan documents in hand along with my bank statements showing the deposits along with my identification to show proof that the documents are in fact mine. I will be in northeast Connecticut until September 14th,Sosua from September 14th until mid November then back to C.T. until New Year's then Sosua until May. If there is anything else I can do to prove that I am not full of shit just let me know.

As Hunter said, he was not referring to you and what you are doing, I know others doing the same and those returns are very fair.

MrHappy
07-15-2020, 01:17 PM

Think Bernie Madoff

Just watch Americna Greed on CNBC....so many people get taken....

The proof is in the pudding. Here's my statement for this month. (In pesos, obviously)

I've had various CD's over the years ranging from 52% down to 18% annual returns.

FWIW, a LOT of people here have lived on the interests from CD's. My last CD paid my house payment for 5 years.

https://i.postimg.cc/1X1r21jc/june.jpg

whynotme
07-15-2020, 02:46 PM
As Hunter said, he was not referring to you and what you are doing, I know others doing the same and those returns are very fair.

my one lender does exactly what quietcorner is doing and he gets $3500 A YEAR finders fee for the renewal and only gives out a 1 year mortgage.
most people think in a years time they can go get a better deal but cant so they renew again.

my other customer does 5 year terms but gets a 5% finders fee......... for his own money:rofl:

and yes the customer always pays the legal bills and the appraisal fee from a list they supply:rofl:

i am in the wrong business......... oh well i am surviving :wink::rofl:

j_d66
07-15-2020, 02:57 PM
my one lender does exactly what quietcorner is doing and he gets $3500 A YEAR finders fee for the renewal and only gives out a 1 year mortgage.
most people think in a years time they can go get a better deal but cant so they renew again.

my other customer does 5 year terms but gets a 5% finders fee......... for his own money:rofl:

and yes the customer always pays the legal bills and the appraisal fee from a list they supply:rofl:

i am in the wrong business......... oh well i am surviving :wink::rofl:

WNM you can do yours with vehicle loans that way when they don't pay you can use your wreckers to repo them

You win twice. :corky::corky::corky::corky::corky:

whynotme
07-15-2020, 03:06 PM
WNM you can do yours with vehicle loans that way when they don't pay you can use your wreckers to repo them

You win twice. :corky::corky::corky::corky::corky:

i have done a few but i really have to choose my customers wisely as one bad mouthing customer looses me 10 good customers in a small town

Westy
07-15-2020, 05:15 PM
i have done a few but i really have to choose my customers wisely as one bad mouthing customer looses me 10 good customers in a small town

It would probably be smarter to continue as you are, being the best garage in your area.

whynotme
07-15-2020, 05:19 PM
It would probably be smarter to continue as you are, being the best garage in your area.

and at my age :eek::(:rofl::rofl::rofl:

j_d66
07-15-2020, 06:02 PM

I have a client who is a used car dealer. They are actually pretty good guys.

They used to do alot of buy here pay her in house financing for their customers who could not get a conventional loan. It was a major pain in the ass since there is normally a reason those people have bad credit and normally it's because they don't pay.

A few years ago they switched to a credit acceptance company (CAC) for those hard to finance people. Works out great for them since they still make their normal margin up front and the CAC takes care of collecting as well as repos when they don't pay and the car dealer doesn't end up being the bad guy when they car gets repo

It's a lousy deal for the customer since they pay a pretty bad interest rate but at least they have the opportunity to get a vehicle that they normally would not be able to get

Hunter
07-15-2020, 06:29 PM
I have a client who is a used car dealer. They are actually pretty good guys.

They used to do alot of buy here pay her in house financing for their customers who could not get a conventional loan. It was a major pain in the ass since there is normally a reason those people have bad credit and normally it's because they don't pay.

A few years ago they switched to a credit acceptance company (CAC) for those hard to finance people. Works out great for them since they still make their normal margin up front and the CAC takes care of collecting as well as repos when they don't pay and the car dealer doesn't end up being the bad guy when they car gets repo

It's a lousy deal for the customer since they pay a pretty bad interest rate but at least they have the opportunity to get a vehicle that they normally would not be able to get

My best friend from high school used factoring for years. Ultimately it bankrupted him. The fees buried him.... Tool business.

He is now making bank working for someone else. Should have done that from start...Dont factor if at all possible.

whynotme
07-15-2020, 06:48 PM
the hard to finance guys are getting hit with 29% in most cases....wtf........ eh

by the time the chevette is paid for they could have paid off a corvette............ if they had of had good credit:corky:

j_d66
07-15-2020, 07:18 PM
My best friend from high school used factoring for years. Ultimately it bankrupted him. The fees buried him.... Tool business.

He is now making bank working for someone else. Should have done that from start...Dont factor if at all possible.

This isn't factoring

The car is sold at a premium price.

They get paid whatever their normal sale price would be up front and are basically out of the game at that point.

If the customer doesn't pay and the car goes to repo they are no worse off since they are out of the game and CAC deals with it all.

If the customer makes payments than they also get a portion of the premium as well which is just gravy for them.

It is pretty much a can't lose deal for them.

It is not really that great a deal for the customer but for most of them it is the only way they are going to get the vehicle.

whynotme
07-15-2020, 07:34 PM
This isn't factoring

They get paid whatever their normal sale price would be up front and are basically out of the game at that point.

If the customer doesn't pay and the car goes to repo they are no worse off since they are out of the game and CAC deals with it all.

If the customer makes payments than they also get a portion of the premium as well which is just gravy for them.

It is not really that great a deal for the customer but for most of them it is the only way they are going to get the vehicle.

i sell/wholesale some of my cheaper trade in to a small car lot 30 miles from me who does exactly this. he can get 90% of the black book value and if he needs more the customer has to pay and he also gets paid to instal a gps system with a shut down feature and in his area if any of the vehicles he sells or some one else sells he gets called when the finance company turns off the start pulse to the starter and not only does he get the tow call but he gets to keep it and charge storage until they pick it up or the customer makes good on the arrears and they flip the switch and then it can start and drive away......... until the next late payment lol

Hunter
07-15-2020, 09:10 PM
This isn't factoring

Then they drive to rent-a-center for furniture...lol...

j_d66
07-15-2020, 10:19 PM
Then they drive to rent-a-center for furniture...lol...

Followed by a trip to the cash advance store than off to the casino to hit it big

On the way home (they didn't hit it big btw) they stop by the grocery store to get some food. Luckily the EBT card still works.

At least they won't be posting their drool on Facebook until the beginning of the month cause the prepaid minutes on their government phone plan ran out and won't renew until the beginning of the month.

Jimmydr
07-16-2020, 08:34 AM
i sell/wholesale some of my cheaper trade in to a small car lot 30 miles from me who does exactly this. he can get 90% of the black book value and if he needs more the customer has to pay and he also gets paid to instal a gps system with a shut down feature and in his area if any of the vehicles he sells or some one else sells he gets called when the finance company turns off the start pulse to the starter and not only does he get the tow call but he gets to keep it and charge storage until they pick it up or the customer makes good on the arrears and they flip the switch and then it can start and drive away......... until the next late payment lol

Sucks to live like that.

Jimmydr
07-16-2020, 08:35 AM
the hard to finance guys are getting hit with 29% in most cases....wtf........ eh

by the time the chevette is paid for they could have paid off a corvette............ if they had of had good credit:corky:

Most don't have good credit.

TC
07-24-2020, 09:51 PM
What else can you do with "dirty money"?

Stick it in a g-string.

TC
07-24-2020, 10:08 PM
https://www.ocean-side-realty.com/Costambar/Puerto_Plata/Commercial_Real_Estate/Busy_Adult_Resort_2_Minute_walk_to_beach/Costambar/Agent/Listing_277046766.html

This place has been for sale for years with no buyer, despite the price being cut more than 50%. Now, in the middle of a global pandemic, the ad says, "Sale Pending". Does anyone on this board wish to identify himself as the new owner, and my new idol?

The ad is now gone from the website, so I guess the deal is done. I hope the new owner doesn't make major changes and destroy the atmosphere of the place. Unless they want to offer complimentary blow jobs upon check-in from the chica of your choice - I'd be OK with that :corky:

SrSuerte
07-27-2020, 07:19 AM
What do you see as "the chronic issues" to be solved?

Water in the bathrooms going out. That's not on every trip but it happens.

SrSuerte
07-27-2020, 07:23 AM
The ad is now gone from the website, so I guess the deal is done. I hope the new owner doesn't make major changes and destroy the atmosphere of the place. Unless they want to offer complimentary blow jobs upon check-in from the chica of your choice - I'd be OK with that :corky:

One of the girls sent me a link to a go fundme page. $2,000 USD has been raised for the shipmates.

TC
08-04-2020, 04:13 PM
Water in the bathrooms going out. That's not on every trip but it happens.

Yeah, the powers sometimes also. Still, I think it's gotten a lot better over the years, especially hot water for the showers - new generators and hot water heaters. Still, I don't think any new owner is going to come in and, all of a sudden, it will be somehow change like night and day. There will be limits on what any new owner can do about that, given the infrastructure there.

psriches
08-04-2020, 04:39 PM
Maybe it will just be a regular hotel (no chicas).

TC
08-04-2020, 05:44 PM
Maybe it will just be a regular hotel (no chicas).

Say it ain't so!

I can't see the value in that. There are other "regular" places in Costambar, and I've visited a couple (I couldn't tell you the names) and they always seem empty. I can't see anyone wanting to buy Blackbeard's just to change it into yet another business with no customers.

Jimmydr
08-09-2020, 06:56 PM
Say it ain't so!

I can't see the value in that. There are other "regular" places in Costambar, and I've visited a couple (I couldn't tell you the names) and they always seem empty. I can't see anyone wanting to buy Blackbeard's just to change it into yet another business with no customers.

Any updates??

Pinoydave
08-13-2020, 04:17 PM
I didn't receive a monthly email so I was wondering whether they'll be a bigger announcement

Jimmydr
08-14-2020, 08:13 AM
I didn't receive a monthly email so I was wondering whether they'll be a bigger announcement

No tourists the last 4 months.

Pinoydave
09-05-2020, 09:46 AM
Just received the September newsletter...... no mention of a sale...... language seemed to be usual, so I assumed it was from the original owner

MrHappy
09-05-2020, 10:02 AM

Received 3 september:

BLACKBEARDS ADULT RESORT
PLEASE READ THIS SECTION BEFORE SUBMITTING YOUR RESREVATION REGARDING THE REGULATIONS OF COVID-19 IN THE DOMINICAN REPUBLIC
Airport/COVID-19 Testing…
Until recently the government had required a negative COVID-19 test upon arrival (within 5 days), or risk a random government test at the airport. Fortunately, this testing procedure is NO LONGER REQUIRED! (if you happen a negative test please bring it with you anyway).
Employees and Chicas…
Unbelievably! The government has decided not to provide travel permits for either employees or chicas during the curfew hours.
The great news is that all of my nighttime employees and CHICAS have agreed to help circumvent this requirement (travel permit) and have accepted my offer to stay at the hotel and provide all necessary services.
Reservations/Cancellations/Changes…
Shit happens, and I want to ensure you that will be total flexibility regarding reservations, cancellations and changes. DO NOT WORRY about these issues; as there will be no repercussions regarding any changes.
Curfew…
As part of the continued state of emergency all Dominicans and tourists will be subject to a curfew from Monday – Friday: 7:00 PM – 5:00 AM and Saturday – Sunday: 5.00 PM – 5.00 AM, This curfew (for now) will extend through October 18th, 2020.
Masks…
Wearing a mask and social distancing are mandatory in public areas in the Dominican Republic outside of the hotel. Depending on the occupancy we may be forced to ask you to wear a mask while in the common areas of the hotel. We need to cover our ass (mouth) in the event of a surprise visit by the Department of Tourism (this could shut us down) as well as respect for other Pirates that are staying at the hotel.
Bottom Line…
We will operate the hotel as normal, and you can expect the bar and restaurant to have a full menu; along with the great service that we always strive to provide. The only inconvenience will be the night-time curfew. The beaches will be open and there will be no restrictions on daytime travel or excursions.
Over the next several weeks few we will provide additional requirements regarding tourist travel to the Dominican Republic.
Your Safety…
I have contracted ECO-LAB (one of the largest chemical and sanitizing companies in the world) to come in and train every single employee on how to use their products to sanitize rooms, common areas and provide hand sanitizers throughout common areas of the hotel. We do however, recommend you bring your own masks and hand sanitizer for your room as these products are difficult to procure locally.
As all of my Veteran Pirates know, I am a fanatic about cleanliness and can assure you that we will exceed even the CDC recommendations,,, my promise is to keep you safe.
In the meantime, please check with the Department of State and your airline regarding any issues that you may encounter with travelling to the Dominican Republic
We invite you to subscribe to our Bi-Monthly Newsletter...Loaded with current Shipmate photos and Pirate News!!! Click on the Newsletter Sign up Banner on our Home Page!! AAARRRGGGHH!….
http://www.blackbeardsadultresort.com/index.html

ROOM AVAILABILITY & RESERVATION INSTRUCTIONS:
(Please Read Carefully)....Reservations are taken ONLY Online, on a first come first serve basis to allow everyone an equal opportunity to sail with us…..

Above are the rooms Currently available for the dates you requested.
Due to High Reservation Volume – room availability changes frequently! Do not delay in making your reservation if you would like to get the cabin you desire aboard the SS Blackbeards!!
If you are bringing friends, please provide their names and the room type they desire. You will be responsible for their reservation.

To make a Reservation, Please go to www.blackbeardsadultresort.com (http://www.blackbeardsadultresort.com/)

Click on “Reservations” in the menu on the Home Page.
Please read the entire information on the reservations page and then Click on the link to “Make Reservation”.
Fill out the entire form.
Credit Card Information. The reservation form is secure and encrypted, however if you prefer to call us with this information…No Problem! 809-970-3268. We use Credit Card information to guarantee your reservation only, we do not charge it for any reason.
You will receive a confirmation within 24 hours. If you do not receive a reservation confirmation please give us a call.

We invite you to subscribe to our Bi-Monthly Newsletter...Loaded with current Shipmate photos and Pirate News!!! Click on the Newsletter Sign up Banner on our Home Page!! AAARRRGGGHH!….

“One Visit And You Will Be Hooked”
https://ssl.gstatic.com/ui/v1/icons/mail/images/cleardot.gif

Don Tomas
09-05-2020, 10:36 PM
Received 3 september:

BLACKBEARDS ADULT RESORT
PLEASE READ THIS SECTION BEFORE SUBMITTING YOUR RESREVATION REGARDING THE REGULATIONS OF COVID-19 IN THE DOMINICAN REPUBLIC
Airport/COVID-19 Testing…
Until recently the government had required a negative COVID-19 test upon arrival (within 5 days), or risk a random government test at the airport. Fortunately, this testing procedure is NO LONGER REQUIRED! (if you happen a negative test please bring it with you anyway).
Employees and Chicas…
Unbelievably! The government has decided not to provide travel permits for either employees or chicas during the curfew hours.
The great news is that all of my nighttime employees and CHICAS have agreed to help circumvent this requirement (travel permit) and have accepted my offer to stay at the hotel and provide all necessary services.
Reservations/Cancellations/Changes…
Shit happens, and I want to ensure you that will be total flexibility regarding reservations, cancellations and changes. DO NOT WORRY about these issues; as there will be no repercussions regarding any changes.
Curfew…
As part of the continued state of emergency all Dominicans and tourists will be subject to a curfew from Monday – Friday: 7:00 PM – 5:00 AM and Saturday – Sunday: 5.00 PM – 5.00 AM, This curfew (for now) will extend through October 18th, 2020.
Masks…
Wearing a mask and social distancing are mandatory in public areas in the Dominican Republic outside of the hotel. Depending on the occupancy we may be forced to ask you to wear a mask while in the common areas of the hotel. We need to cover our ass (mouth) in the event of a surprise visit by the Department of Tourism (this could shut us down) as well as respect for other Pirates that are staying at the hotel.
Bottom Line…
We will operate the hotel as normal, and you can expect the bar and restaurant to have a full menu; along with the great service that we always strive to provide. The only inconvenience will be the night-time curfew. The beaches will be open and there will be no restrictions on daytime travel or excursions.
Over the next several weeks few we will provide additional requirements regarding tourist travel to the Dominican Republic.
Your Safety…
I have contracted ECO-LAB (one of the largest chemical and sanitizing companies in the world) to come in and train every single employee on how to use their products to sanitize rooms, common areas and provide hand sanitizers throughout common areas of the hotel. We do however, recommend you bring your own masks and hand sanitizer for your room as these products are difficult to procure locally.
As all of my Veteran Pirates know, I am a fanatic about cleanliness and can assure you that we will exceed even the CDC recommendations,,, my promise is to keep you safe.
In the meantime, please check with the Department of State and your airline regarding any issues that you may encounter with travelling to the Dominican Republic
http://www.blackbeardsadultresort.com/index.html

ROOM AVAILABILITY & RESERVATION INSTRUCTIONS:
(Please Read Carefully)....Reservations are taken ONLY Online, on a first come first serve basis to allow everyone an equal opportunity to sail with us…..

Above are the rooms Currently available for the dates you requested.
Due to High Reservation Volume – room availability changes frequently! Do not delay in making your reservation if you would like to get the cabin you desire aboard the SS Blackbeards!!
If you are bringing friends, please provide their names and the room type they desire. You will be responsible for their reservation.

To make a Reservation, Please go to www.blackbeardsadultresort.com (http://www.blackbeardsadultresort.com/)

Click on “Reservations” in the menu on the Home Page.
Please read the entire information on the reservations page and then Click on the link to “Make Reservation”.
Fill out the entire form.
Credit Card Information. The reservation form is secure and encrypted, however if you prefer to call us with this information…No Problem! 809-970-3268. We use Credit Card information to guarantee your reservation only, we do not charge it for any reason.
You will receive a confirmation within 24 hours. If you do not receive a reservation confirmation please give us a call.

“One Visit And You Will Be Hooked”
Click to see pic (https://ssl.gstatic.com/ui/v1/icons/mail/images/cleardot.gif)

With all this COVID shit, this might be the only reason I ever would stay at Blackbeards.

(see highlight)

Pinoydave
09-06-2020, 10:42 AM
Now to just find a decent flight from UK........ connecting through Canada is probably safest

Jimmydr
09-07-2020, 07:57 AM
Now to just find a decent flight from UK........ connecting through Canada is probably safest

Hopefully in 2021.

Pinoydave
09-07-2020, 11:48 AM
Hopefully in 2021.

February would be great for me !!

Jimmydr
09-07-2020, 11:49 AM
February would be great for me !!

Works for me