PDA

View Full Version : 11/2022 - Camaro's Journal 2023

camaro1257
11-11-2022, 01:03 AM
Camaro's Journal 2022

In October I made my 8th year living in the Dominican Republic. My original plan was to get another LE job after I retired, double dip and get fat well that fell through, so I decided to just live on my favorite Island and get fat...haaaaaa!

I see a few other old timers have retired Jimmy, Xman, Smooth and Sage all of which I wish the best and look forward to reading about your adventures.

I have travelled extensively throughout the country but 2021 was very intense. Some of my trips I made with SrSuerte but the majority were solo. I look at my Google map for 2021 and can't believe I did that much:

There are only a few places I haven't been and many I'd like to return to when time permits.

Mr. Smooth
11-11-2022, 02:42 AM
Congrats on entering your 8th year, or would it be now into your 9th, of living in the DomRep. As you know, the number of years that an average retired LE lives, is roughly a dozen years less than the average lifespan. A lot of retired cops in the graveyard by 65,66 years old. And younger. Hope you enjoy many more years of good living and good health.

I figure being where you are beats metro Atlanta any day of the week.

Looking at that map and all those red dots, I recall you saying that you were giving up the long driving trips throughout the island, or at least you were cutting way back. So for most, if not all, of those various locations, did you rely on the bus to arrive at these places? Either Metro or Caribe Tours? I've ridden the buses on a few occasions over the years, both Metro and Caribe, and found Metro to be quicker and have a bit more room, making for a slightly more comfortable ride.

What's your opinion of the bus operations with each, as I assume you have many hours as a passenger with each?

And congrats again. I could imagine living there, as you get older, has helped to at least keep you young at heart.

camaro1257
11-11-2022, 08:05 AM
Congrats on entering your 8th year, or would it be now into your 9th, of living in the DomRep. As you know, the number of years that an average retired LE lives, is roughly a dozen years less than the average lifespan. A lot of retired cops in the graveyard by 65,66 years old. And younger. Hope you enjoy many more years of good living and good health.

I figure being where you are beats metro Atlanta any day of the week.

Looking at that map and all those red dots, I recall you saying that you were giving up the long driving trips throughout the island, or at least you were cutting way back. So, for most, if not all, of those various locations, did you rely on the bus to arrive at these places? Either Metro or Caribe Tours? I've ridden the buses on a few occasions over the years, both Metro and Caribe, and found Metro to be quicker and have a bit more room, making for a slightly more comfortable ride.

What's your opinion of the bus operations with each, as I assume you have many hours as a passenger with each?

And congrats again. I could imagine living there, as you get older, has helped to at least keep you young at heart.

Thanks, and yes, I am beginning my 9th year. I arrived at the end of October 2014. Interesting statistic I turn 65 tomorrow and I am still kicking.

It has been a mix some trips have been me driving some has been using public transportation and others have been me hiring a driver for the day and going for a ride. I found a good taxista through SrSuerte who is very trustworthy so when I do not want to drive or take public transportation, I contract him for the day and off we go.

I only rode Metro a few times too long ago and I do not recall the experience very well. I ended up with Caribe Tours because they have service every hour and express service that's skips Santiago when I am going to Santo Domingo which saves about an hour on the trip. I would choose Caribe Tours hands down. I always sit in the very back it is not as cold back there as in the middle of the bus.

I have only been to Las Vegas once and I remember the electricity and excitement of the town but I neither gamble nor partook in the activities the town is well known for. It still was a great trip I was there to see the jazz artist Najee.

Thanks for the congrats same to you I look forward to reading your reports.

Jimmydr
11-11-2022, 06:22 PM
Camaro's Journal 2022

I see a few other old timers have retired Jimmy, Xman, Smooth and Sage all of which I wish the best and look forward to reading about your adventures.

There are only a few places I haven't been and many I'd like to return to when time permits.

20 months at my new home.

camaro1257
11-13-2022, 02:22 AM
Puerto Plata Cultural Festival

I had a great birthday weekend beginning with the Puerto Plata cultural festival.

camaro1257
11-17-2022, 02:25 AM
Sea Horse Restaurant

I spent my 65th birthday at Sea Horse Ranch restaurant at the Sea Horse residential property in-between Sosua and Cabarette.

Security was tighter than Fort Knox. They check your ID at the front gate and give you a plaque for your vehicle and pass to enter the property. There were security officers at almost every corner.

The restaurant has an incredible view of the beach and there is an inside section and outside section. Both the food and service were GREAT I highly recommend the experience.

MrHappy
11-17-2022, 12:03 PM
Sea Horse Restaurant

I spent my 65th birthday at Sea Horse Ranch restaurant at the Sea Horse residential property in-between Sosua and Cabarette.

Security was tighter than Fort Knox. They check your ID at the front gate and give you a plaque for your vehicle and pass to enter the property. There were security officers at almost every corner.

The restaurant has an incredible view of the beach and there is an inside section and outside section. Both the food and service were GREAT I highly recommend the experience.

I could tell you some really interesting stories about the security at Sea Horse.

Ever heard about the time they wouldn't give Interpol access to arrest someone? Rock solid security.

questner
11-17-2022, 07:15 PM
Great way to celebrate. Hopefully, your companion has given her security a night off. :cheesygrin:

camaro1257
11-18-2022, 03:54 AM
My new modus operandi

There will be no more Sosua # or Puerto Plata # for me. Stroking 100 different women a year isn't for me anymore the old saying goes

"Been there done that"

I can't even say I really enjoyed it because as I look back most of that time is a blur and I can only picture some of the faces in my head. I am getting old my memory fades me.

I had a Sosua chic reach out to me on Facebook recently and she really didn't remember me she had been to my place about 3 times. I passed on her. I guess we are a blur to them just like they are a blur to us.

I still use Cupid and if a chic is an obvious pro especially if she has a price I move on no discussion. Dealing with non-pros is literally more work and sometimes a pain in the ass. It can be just like dating in the States, the difference is in my 60's I can easily date women 30 years my junior in the States not so much.

My sweet spot is the 30-40 range. You would be surprised how many older Dominican women go to the gym and have decent bodies. I target women who have a job which can be difficult because their work schedule leaves them unavailable at times, but I find I have more to talk about with a 30 or 40 something that works than a 20 something that doesn't work and is ready to go after sex.

Teachers are a great fit for me as I have dated 3. They earn between 25-50,000 pesos a month which is nothing by U.S standards but by D.R. standards it's decent. They work normal hours and have weekends off and can come to Puerto Plata to visit if they live in Santo Domingo.

Long distance relationships work very well for me because I like the idea of a semi commitment, I can spend a day or 2 with a chic hang out and she goes back to her life, and I go back to mine. There are decent women in Puerto Plata but very difficult to find and hold on to. Most of the chics in Puerto Plata who are available for men in their 60s are in the game and the others are just not interested.

I was joking with Tgunz the other day and he laughed when I said I am no longer a monger I am a serial dater...haaaaaaaaa! If a chic is super serious talking marriage or children, I generally avoid them. Some last 2 or 3 months, something either happens on their side or mine and we go our own separate ways. Sometimes it's a smooth transition sometimes it's not.

The chic I spent my birthday with I have been seeing on and off for a year she's cool as a fan and believe it or not has never asked me for anything. Yeah, I know a year no begging it's hard to believe but it's true. She's been having headaches and come to find out she broke her glasses and has not replaced them so she's straining her eyes. I bought her some glasses, and she was so grateful, it felt good to do something for her after all she's done for me cooking, cleaning and making sure I am empty when she returns home.

Call me corny but I'd rather help a chic who treats me right than pay some entitled chic money just because I had sex with her. We all pay one way or another as for me I'd rather use my money to help a decent chic. There are so many out here, but you just have to find them.

camaro1257
11-18-2022, 09:50 AM
Is she a pro, semi-pro or non-pro

Sometimes the status of a woman can be hard to discern. Pros are generally obvious in that they make clear their desire for a quid pro quo exchange sex for money. Sosua, Tinder or Seeking Arrangements and the like.

However, some are not so clear, case in point. I met this chic on Cupid:

During our WhatsApp conversation there was no indication she was a pro as she said she had a job. We met in Santo Domingo for dinner, and everything was on the up and up, in fact she speaks English, but we spoke entirely in Spanish. She left and I gave her money for the Uber.

Next date I came to her apartment in Santo Domingo and she fixed air fried fish and vegetables which was pretty good. Don't ask me how but somehow, I ended up in her bedroom...haaaaa!

She gave BBBJ for a long time tried to get in, but she said she was on her period. Rested a while started kissing and ooooops accidently slipped in no blood no nothing.

Afterwards she asked me to go with her to the grocery store she got a few items and had a credit card in her hand, but I stepped forward and paid. She just said thanks and put her card away.

Was she a semi or non pro I wasn't sure until Hunter and I had lunch and he showed me her picture...ohhhhhh snapppp! He later told me he smashed and did what he does afterwards.

Some chics are obviously non pros between their job family demeanor etc. but some chics like this one can be hard to read.

Lesson learned:

Some of these chics are like chameleons they adjust to whomever they are spending time with. In hindsight I think she was a chameleon who was reading me as much as I was trying to read her.

Hunter
11-18-2022, 10:02 AM
Haha....that Ruby was a WILD one....damn...PSE....nice person. Good having lunch with you Cam overlooking Residential Hispanola...nice view....Make sure to tour that crazy castle at top of hill sometime.

Happy Birthday. Damn Cam looking good at 65. Clean living...no booze and salmon....unlike some of us...lol.... "Serial dater" - yeah that is good moniker for you :p

questner
11-18-2022, 07:31 PM
Serial dater or monger, pro or non-pro, you don't know until you partake,

same lesson from quantum mechanics in a daily setting:

You take a pair 2 identical socks. When you put one on the left foot, the second one automatically becomes the right sock :tongue-new:

tarzan
11-19-2022, 08:31 PM
I missed reading your journal, glad you're back to updating it. Happy belated birthday.

MrHappy
11-21-2022, 07:44 AM
My new modus operandi

There will be no more Sosua # or Puerto Plata # for me. Stroking 100 different women a year isn't for me anymore the old saying goes

"Been there done that"

I can't even say I really enjoyed it because as I look back most of that time is a blur and I can only picture some of the faces in my head. I am getting old my memory fades me.

I had a Sosua chic reach out to me on Facebook recently and she really didn't remember me she had been to my place about 3 times. I passed on her. I guess we are a blur to them just like they are a blur to us.

I still use Cupid and if a chic is an obvious pro especially if she has a price I move on no discussion. Dealing with non-pros is literally more work and sometimes a pain in the ass. It can be just like dating in the States, the difference is in my 60's I can easily date women 30 years my junior in the States not so much.

My sweet spot is the 30-40 range. You would be surprised how many older Dominican women go to the gym and have decent bodies. I target women who have a job which can be difficult because their work schedule leaves them unavailable at times, but I find I have more to talk about with a 30 or 40 something that works than a 20 something that doesn't work and is ready to go after sex.

Teachers are a great fit for me as I have dated 3. They earn between 25-50,000 pesos a month which is nothing by U.S standards but by D.R. standards it's decent. They work normal hours and have weekends off and can come to Puerto Plata to visit if they live in Santo Domingo.

Long distance relationships work very well for me because I like the idea of a semi commitment, I can spend a day or 2 with a chic hang out and she goes back to her life, and I go back to mine. There are decent women in Puerto Plata but very difficult to find and hold on to. Most of the chics in Puerto Plata who are available for men in their 60s are in the game and the others are just not interested.

I was joking with Tgunz the other day and he laughed when I said I am no longer a monger I am a serial dater...haaaaaaaaa! If a chic is super serious talking marriage or children, I generally avoid them. Some last 2 or 3 months, something either happens on their side or mine and we go our own separate ways. Sometimes it's a smooth transition sometimes it's not.

The chic I spent my birthday with I have been seeing on and off for a year she's cool as a fan and believe it or not has never asked me for anything. Yeah, I know a year no begging it's hard to believe but it's true. She's been having headaches and come to find out she broke her glasses and has not replaced them so she's straining her eyes. I bought her some glasses, and she was so grateful, it felt good to do something for her after all she's done for me cooking, cleaning and making sure I am empty when she returns home.

Call me corny but I'd rather help a chic who treats me right than pay some entitled chic money just because I had sex with her. We all pay one way or another as for me I'd rather use my money to help a decent chic. There are so many out here, but you just have to find them.

All I can say is "I told you so." :lol:

camaro1257
11-27-2022, 03:29 AM
Bohio Restaurant

Bohio Restaurant is on the Puerto Plata Sosua Hwy inside The Palms at Starhill. It is on the right traveling east from Puerto Plata toward Sosua. The food, service and music are excellent. It makes a great date location and I highly recommend it.

My date was a Santo Domingo Seeking Arrangements chic from 2 years ago. Shout out to JD and Hunter for all the Seeking Arrangements tips they were fruitful, but I have since retired. Cupid provides the more traditional woman although there still the gold digging types I have met many professional women there.

I did meet 2 professional chics on Seeking Arrangements a pharmacist and my date who is an accountant. We hit it off very well and had several productive dates and she never tried to hit me over the head or beg like many of the others. She went ghost for about 2 weeks, so I figured she got someone who was doing things more to her liking. She got back in contact with me like nothing happened and hit me for some money I got 38 HOT I went off on her and cut her off.

I was on Cupid and who did I see but my old long-lost friend. We had words about what happened and picked up where we left off. She an accountant about to finish her radiology degree where she will make twice as much money. We had a great talk about her ambitions, and she is right up my alley. She’s the type of chic if she needed something I’d be glad to help.

I have curtailed my Santo Domingo trips trying to save on hotels and lodging. I met her at Caribe Tours Puerto Plata we went to my place talked for a while she asked for a massage, and I obliged. The rest was history the sex was better than before.
We rested went to dinner came back to my place for more fun then we went to one of the few Terrazas we have in Puerto Plata I may just do a review on those later.

Great restaurant better date with no complaints. I usually do not go backwards when I am done, I am done but I am glad I made an exception to the rule.

camaro1257
11-28-2022, 01:36 PM
Working women in the Dominican Republic

When I was mongering, I used to think Dominican women were lazy because I always heard complaints about jobs and how their prostitution was necessary. The problem was I was dealing with PFP chics many of which did not want to work or did not have skills to have a decent job.

When I started dating normal women, I discovered how wrong I was. For example, my Santo Domingo date is an accountant who finishes radiology school in a few months, and not only will she double her pay but she has the potential to work multiple jobs doing the same thing in different places with a floating schedule increasing her pay immensely.

I dated a teacher who tutored in the evenings after class and worked in a clothing store on the weekends. Likewise, I have met several women who have more than one job and are just plain ole hustlers. I can identify more with them because I started working at 16 and didn't stop until I retired. The more I deal with working women the more difficult it will be for me to appreciate those who state clearly, they do not want to work.

The flip side is some Dominican women use work as a facade to cover their PFP activities which is like a part time job and of course there are women with restaurants, salons and other types of businesses that have sponsors behind the scenes. These women insist they are independent, but the reality is they are codependent on whomever is helping to keep them afloat.

Bottom line is there is a world outside of PFP that I am still learning how to navigate.

camaro1257
12-08-2022, 08:03 PM
No plans on going back

I mentioned previously one of my old Sosua regulars who came to my place a few times when I was still in that phase.

We were Facebook friends back in the day, but I have since unfriended her. That didn't stop her from sending me the infrequent "Hola" for the past few years. She says she doesn't remember me but why she keeps contacting a stranger who is not in her Facebook friends list is beyond me.

NEVA say never but I have no desire to go back to my wicked ways...Haaaaaaaaaaaaa!

camaro1257
12-10-2022, 03:52 PM
Letero nuevo en Sosua

There is a new Letero in Sosua as you are traveling east on the main road toward Cabarete.

psriches
12-10-2022, 07:18 PM
No plans on going back

I mentioned previously one of my old Sosua regulars who came to my place a few times when I was still in that phase.

We were Facebook friends back in the day, but I have since unfriended her. That didn't stop her from sending me the infrequent "Hola" for the past few years. She says she doesn't remember me but why she keeps contacting a stranger who is not in her Facebook friends list is beyond me.

NEVA say never but I have no desire to go back to my wicked ways...Haaaaaaaaaaaaa!Jennifer

The Tavares clan basically grew up on the strip.

https://news.insearchofchicas.org/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=169667&d=1670717677
https://news.insearchofchicas.org/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=169666&d=1670717525

That's Jen at the head of the table. And Yamileyca with her hand on her brow.

And many of you might remember "Agent Orange" from our famous chica battles. That's her with her back to us.

Obviously this is well before they were on the stroll. At that time, just the older aunts and Mom were out there.

AGENT ORANGE (estefani) from our chica battles

https://news.insearchofchicas.org/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=169668&d=1670718120

Mr. Smooth
12-11-2022, 02:16 PM
No plans on going back

NEVA say never but I have no desire to go back to my wicked ways...Haaaaaaaaaaaaa!

Jennifer

Click to see pic (https://news.insearchofchicas.org/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=169667&d=1670717677)
Click to see pic (https://news.insearchofchicas.org/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=169666&d=1670717525)

And many of you might remember "Agent Orange" from our famous chica battles. That's her with her back to us.

Obviously this is well before they were on the stroll. At that time, just the older aunts and Mom were out there.

Click to see pic (https://news.insearchofchicas.org/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=169668&d=1670718120)

Nice! A small slice of the old days from this board that so many looked forward to each day. Wish more guys would contribute subject matter along these lines, but, sadly, it looks like those days are long gone.

Continue to march, Cam. I'm enjoying this "new" chapter of yours and how you negotiate the added wrinkles in your socializing now as opposed to your previous monger ways of the past.

Alluding to what psriches said about those chicas growing up on the Strip, how many of us have friended a chica on FB, then scroll over her photos and in a matter of a couple minutes, see them grow up through their pics from an innocent teen, through young adulthood, the body going from smoking hot to pregnant, to having a baby, her body now sporting a more fleshy, curved physique, a larger sized "ho stroll" attire, and the bar or club shot with her having a napkin wrapped bottle of Corona with her friends, her madre obviously playing baby sitter for her grandchild, sans padre of the child, as the now 20-something chica is fully immersed into the never ending cycle.

But maybe a reason for so much of this type of posting is gone is that for many of us, we have changed as well in our lives and just maybe, instead of being In Search of Chicas, many of us actually Found our chica.

Or died trying.

camaro1257
12-11-2022, 09:38 PM
That DAMMMN Hunter!!!!

The real reason I quit mongering is because of Hunter...Haaaaaaaaa! On more than one occasion we've run across the same chicas. Case in point I met this one on Badoo about 3 years ago. I later discovered Hunter had dealings with her, but she was more hoe like with him than with me. Another chameleon chic.

A Santo Domingo chic that played good girl on me no sex first date but later when we got to it the sex was very good. She asked for help but never pressed me for money like many PFP chics it was just an understanding help me with what you can.

I saw her quite regularly in fact there were times when I really felt like she liked me. She would gaze at me with her goo-goo eyes and give me her un-divided attention then, other times she was on another planet with her cell phone. She had 2 phones and would go off into the bathroom at times with both of them....hmmmmmm....haaaaaaaa!

I spent the day with her in Santo Domingo one time and we were going to finish the date in Puerto Plata. While on Caribe Tours I tried to take a selfie with her, and she wouldn't let me. We had taken many photos together previously, but she was acting "shitty" so halfway to Santiago, I told her to get off the bus and go home. When we arrived in Santiago she refused.

The we arrived in Puerto Plata, and I told her to go home she refused again but finally relented. Needless to say, at that point it was over...SE ACABO!...jajaja.

Recently almost 2 years later she hits me on Instagram, and we chat. She gives me one number than later gives me another number. There are sometimes days between messages. I guess she still uses two phones and is up to her old tricks.

I'd love to see her again for old times' sake but again I don't really want to go backwards.

Jimmydr
12-12-2022, 07:59 AM
But maybe a reason for so much of this type of posting is gone is that for many of us, we have changed as well in our lives and just maybe, instead of being In Search of Chicas, many of us actually Found our chica.

Or died trying.

Old and tired and enjoying our new retirement cities maybe?

Westy
12-12-2022, 01:42 PM
Old and tired and enjoying our new retirement cities maybe?Or our new retirement games (and toys)?

camaro1257
12-16-2022, 02:36 PM
Oro Bar and Lounge

ExPat update.

Last night I went to Oro Lounge which is on the main highway in between Puerto Plata and Sosua. When you exit Gregorio Luperon Airport turn left and the spot is on the right.

Aesthetically it's a nice open-air spot but the music was too loud for me. They played mostly Latin music with some mix of Drake etc. It was a Thursday real slow my date and I arrived about 10:30 and stayed until almost midnight.

This was my first time it is a relatively new spot, so I imagine on the weekends there is more traffic. For me I wouldn't go looking for chics I'd rather go with a date but YMMV.

camaro1257
12-18-2022, 07:32 AM
La Carihuela El Malecon, Puerto Plata

ExPat update:

La Carihuela is on the Malecon in Puerto Plata. I believe it has the best ambiance of the over half a dozen restaurants on the Malecon. The view of the beach and ocean is excellent during the day and the breeze off the ocean always feels great. My main complaint would be sometimes the food is good and sometimes not so good.

While with my date I ran into two other expats so we shared a table together. They play Latin music mostly salsa but no American music. Later in the night there was live music and people spontaneously danced wherever they were because there is no dance floor. The most exciting thing of the night was during the music all of a sudden there was a BOOM and no lights. Apparently, the electronic equipment was too powerful for the system but was later repaired. I enjoy places like this where you can have dinner, drinks and music afterward it makes it a one stop date night.

Prices are high end, and it is a spot for the middle- and upper-class Dominicans of Puerto Plata. You can look at the crowd and tell they have money. On the night I was there with the other expats we were the only extranjeros there.
Nice spot I recommend it if only for the ambiance.

Jimmydr
12-19-2022, 06:26 AM
La Carihuela El Malecon, Puerto Plata

ExPat update:

La Carihuela is on the Malecon in Puerto Plata. I believe it has the best ambiance of the over half a dozen restaurants on the Malecon. The view of the beach and ocean is excellent during the day and the breeze off the ocean always feels great. My main complaint would be sometimes the food is good and sometimes not so good.

While with my date I ran into two other expats so we shared a table together. They play Latin music mostly salsa but no American music. Later in the night there was live music and people spontaneously danced wherever they were because there is no dance floor. The most exciting thing of the night was during the music all of a sudden there was a BOOM and no lights. Apparently, the electronic equipment was too powerful for the system but was later repaired. I enjoy places like this where you can have dinner, drinks and music afterward it makes it a one stop date night.

Prices are high end, and it is a spot for the middle- and upper-class Dominicans of Puerto Plata. You can look at the crowd and tell they have money. On the night I was there with the other expats we were the only extranjeros there.
Nice spot I recommend it if only for the ambiance.

So many nice places to go to.

quietcorner911
12-19-2022, 12:32 PM
So many nice places to go to.I was there a few weeks ago with one of my Puerto Plata regulars. Food and drinks were not bad,prices were high but you're paying for the location and view,it's considered one of the places in Puerto Plata to be "seen". What was NOT okay was they tried to pad the bill,but they weren't fooling this gringo. Puedo ser un gringo pero no soy un gringo estúpido.

Mr. Smooth
12-19-2022, 01:11 PM
Is this the place to the right of Big Lee's? I think when I was last there and walking along the malecon toward Lee's place, this was the huge bar/restaurant just before his. Looked nice, but in the early afternoon when I was walking by, there appeared to be just as much staff as there were customers.

But come evening, I can certainly understand that spot being the place to be.

Especially with compania.

camaro1257
12-19-2022, 01:50 PM
Is this the place to the right of Big Lee's? I think when I was last there and walking along the malecon toward Lee's place, this was the huge bar/restaurant just before his. Looked nice, but in the early afternoon when I was walking by, there appeared to be just as much staff as there were customers.

But come evening, I can certainly understand that spot being the place to be.

Especially with compania.

Yes, it's on the same side of the street as Big Lee's I think big Lee's is after La Carihuela if you are walking towards the end of the Malecon.

camaro1257
12-20-2022, 07:17 AM
Bohio Restaurant

Bohio Restaurant is on the Puerto Plata Sosua Hwy inside The Palms at Starhill. It is on the right traveling east from Puerto Plata toward Sosua. The food, service and music are excellent. It makes a great date location and I highly recommend it.

My date was a Santo Domingo Seeking Arrangements chic from 2 years ago. Shout out to JD and Hunter for all the Seeking Arrangements tips they were fruitful, but I have since retired. Cupid provides the more traditional woman although there still the gold digging types I have met many professional women there.

I did meet 2 professional chics on Seeking Arrangements a pharmacist and my date who is an accountant. We hit it off very well and had several productive dates and she never tried to hit me over the head or beg like many of the others. She went ghost for about 2 weeks, so I figured she got someone who was doing things more to her liking. She got back in contact with me like nothing happened and hit me for some money I got 38 HOT I went off on her and cut her off.

I was on Cupid and who did I see but my old long-lost friend. We had words about what happened and picked up where we left off. She an accountant about to finish her radiology degree where she will make twice as much money. We had a great talk about her ambitions, and she is right up my alley. She’s the type of chic if she needed something I’d be glad to help.

I have curtailed my Santo Domingo trips trying to save on hotels and lodging. I met her at Caribe Tours Puerto Plata we went to my place talked for a while she asked for a massage, and I obliged. The rest was history the sex was better than before.
We rested went to dinner came back to my place for more fun then we went to one of the few Terrazas we have in Puerto Plata I may just do a review on those later.

Great restaurant better date with no complaints. I usually do not go backwards when I am done, I am done but I am glad I made an exception to the rule.

My Bohio date

We've had a couple of dates since our reunion, and all has been well until after our last date at La Carihuela. We spent the entire day together and she waits until she gets on Caribe Tours to send me a photo of a pasola. She wants to cut down her transportation cost to and from work.

I have noticed many Dominican women have a pattern of talking about something they want but not asking directly for it. It's a form of insinuation where the man is supposed to pick up the hint and fulfill the insinuated request. There is a lot of pride in the Dominican Republic amongst women and I cannot count how many times I have had a woman say to me:

"No pido por nada"

Yeah, maybe you don't ask directly but you sure insinuate a lot...Haaaaaaaaaaaaaaa! It's not all women by any stretch of the imagination but it happens enough to let me know it's part of the culture for Dominican women to make insinuated request for what they want.

Example if I am talking to a Dominican woman and say I have to take my car to the shop to check my brakes that is a statement not an insinuation I want the woman to help me. Conversely when Dominican women do that often times although not always it is a subliminal request for help. In this way they can maintain their pride and say they didn't ask for anything.

Personally, I believe in the saying:

"...a closed mouth doesn't get fed"

But that doesn't apply to Dominican women...Haaaaaaaaaaaa!

Back to my Bohio date I knew she was making an insinuated request for me to help her with a pasola but I was being a "mal hombre" and just responding "entiendo" every time she she made a comment about the pasola. Finally, she asked me directly if I would help her and I said no.

The minimum price for a decent new pasaola is about $1000.00US. I can imagine you can get one for less, but I had no intention of investing that much money in someone I see maybe twice a month when she can get off work and come to Puerto Plata. I thought to myself:

"...en serio tu ta loca o que?"...jajajaja

Generally, if someone is coming to see me, I give them something for passage and a little extra. Sometimes I have just bought gifts like curling irons or clothes or something of practical use. It's one thing giving gifts or whatever the value of $100US and buying a pasola for 10 times that amount.

If she lived in Puerto Plata and I was going to see her on the regular I would have her take out a loan in her name and help her pay the monthly note. I would do that because it would help her establish credit and if something went south in the relationship, I would not be responsible for continuing the monthly payment. This way I can kill two birds with one stone build her credit and not over commit myself financially.

On very few occasions I have got away without giving anything of value but those are the exceptions to the rule. I haven't heard anything from her and if I don't it's okay with me. I enjoyed our dates no harm no foul.

psriches
12-20-2022, 10:20 PM
My Bohio date

We've had a couple of dates since our reunion, and all has been well until after our last date at La Carihuela. We spent the entire day together and she waits until she gets on Caribe Tours to send me a photo of a pasola. She wants to cut down her transportation cost to and from work.

I have noticed many Dominican women have a pattern of talking about something they want but not asking directly for it. It's a form of insinuation where the man is supposed to pick up the hint and fulfill the insinuated request. There is a lot of pride in the Dominican Republic amongst women and I cannot count how many times I have had a woman say to me:

"No pido por nada"

Yeah, maybe you don't ask directly but you sure insinuate a lot...Haaaaaaaaaaaaaaa! It's not all women by any stretch of the imagination but it happens enough to let me know it's part of the culture for Dominican women to make insinuated request for what they want.

Example if I am talking to a Dominican woman and say I have to take my car to the shop to check my brakes that is a statement not an insinuation I want the woman to help me. Conversely when Dominican women do that often times although not always it is a subliminal request for help. In this way they can maintain their pride and say they didn't ask for anything.

Personally, I believe in the saying:

"...a closed mouth doesn't get fed"

But that doesn't apply to Dominican women...Haaaaaaaaaaaa!

Back to my Bohio date I knew she was making an insinuated request for me to help her with a pasola but I was being a "mal hombre" and just responding "entiendo" every time she she made a comment about the pasola. Finally, she asked me directly if I would help her and I said no.

The minimum price for a decent new pasaola is about $1000.00US. I can imagine you can get one for less, but I had no intention of investing that much money in someone I see maybe twice a month when she can get off work and come to Puerto Plata. I thought to myself:

"...en serio tu ta loca o que?"...jajajaja

Generally, if someone is coming to see me, I give them something for passage and a little extra. Sometimes I have just bought gifts like curling irons or clothes or something of practical use. It's one thing giving gifts or whatever the value of $100US and buying a pasola for 10 times that amount.

If she lived in Puerto Plata and I was going to see her on the regular I would have her take out a loan in her name and help her pay the monthly note. I would do that because it would help her establish credit and if something went south in the relationship, I would not be responsible for continuing the monthly payment. This way I can kill two birds with one stone build her credit and not over commit myself financially.

On very few occasions I have got away without giving anything of value but those are the exceptions to the rule. I haven't heard anything from her and if I don't it's okay with me. I enjoyed our dates no harm no foul.But you knew that was coming, right?

camaro1257
12-20-2022, 10:30 PM
But you knew that was coming, right?

...not a $1000.00 request....

MrHappy
12-20-2022, 11:56 PM
I used to throw out the loan suggestion as well. It was always well received until I'd say I wasn't going to co-sign.

camaro1257
12-21-2022, 07:46 AM
Las Luces de Navidad, Parque Central Puerto Plata

The Sage
12-21-2022, 02:19 PM
But you knew that was coming, right?

Absolutely, outside of her being stupid for you, which can be borderline dangerous, you’re expected to pay for her affections either directly or indirectly. That applies for gringos and dominicanos though the former generally are expected to give more.

camaro1257
12-21-2022, 02:28 PM
Absolutely, outside of her being stupid for you, which can be borderline dangerous, you’re expected to pay for her affections either directly or indirectly. That applies for gringos and dominicanos though the former generally are expected to give more.

I have had a few who I didn't give anything other than dinner etc. but those were the exceptions to the rule nor was a seeing them for any length of time. In fact, recently I had one who I tried to give her something under the guise of paying transport and for her babysitter, but she said she was offended. That has happened to me twice.

I understand there is an unspoken understanding:

"comprensión tácita"

with non-pros but $1000 was way too much. I still haven't heard from her so...

"asi es la vida!"

questner
12-21-2022, 06:55 PM
So, who gets Christmas gifts this year?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mK9Gwn8_BsQ

Buy her a pasola :triumphant:

camaro1257
12-21-2022, 07:10 PM
Pescados y Mariscos

There is a restaurant at the other end of the Malecon in Puerto Plata from La Carihuela called Pescados y Mariscos it is owned by the Mayor of Puerto Plata. It's not elegant but the food is good.

The plate of the day is 200 pesos. The only problem is an hour after I eat, I am hungry again, but it was very good.

psriches
12-21-2022, 08:20 PM
Pescados y Mariscos

There is a restaurant at the other end of the Malecon in Puerto Plata from La Carihuela called Pescados y Mariscos it is owned by the Mayor of Puerto Plata. It's not elegant but the food is good.

The plate of the day is 200 pesos. The only problem is an hour after I eat, I am hungry again, but it was very good.When I'm in Puerto Plata and feel for a Plato Del Dia, I head to the local restaurant/food stand by the circle (across the road from Burger King and La bomba). A plate of chicken, rice and beans cost about 150 pesos. And I guarantee you won't be hungry afterwards.

https://news.insearchofchicas.org/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=169836&d=1671671535
https://news.insearchofchicas.org/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=169837&d=1671671870

camaro1257
12-21-2022, 08:28 PM
When I'm in Puerto Plata and feel for a Plato Del Dia, I head to the local restaurant/food stand by the circle (across the road from Burger King and La bomba). A plate of chicken, rice and beans cost about 150 pesos. And I guarantee you won't be hungry afterwards.

Click to see pic (https://news.insearchofchicas.org/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=169836&d=1671671535)
Click to see pic (https://news.insearchofchicas.org/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=169837&d=1671671870)

Yes, I used to eat there all the time, but I generally got my food to go. One time they charged me 50 pesos extra for what I normally ordered I almost left the food, but I paid it without an argument.

I don't go much anymore as I cook more at home than I used to.

That spot is actually less than 5 minutes from my house.

camaro1257
12-22-2022, 09:25 PM
Speaking of not paying

I got a blast from the past today when a one-night stand hit me on Facebook

I have been targeting the 30-45 crowd, I have been feeling guilty being 65 dating 20 somethings. I met this 43-year-old who had her own business I forgot what it was, but she said she was an entrepreneur. She came up to the North Coast from San Fransisco for a wedding, so we met the day before the wedding for our date.

We went to the beach for lunch and after we were done, I was getting ready to pay but she took out her money and snatched the check.....WTF??? Well, if your gonna pay have at it...HAAAAAAAAAAA!

I was ready to head in, but I could sense her reluctance, so we went to the park and sat and talked for a while. Finally, we headed in and it was slow, but I got it in and in the morning, I walked her to her car, and she was off no fuss no foul no nothing. Sometimes you get that tacit expectation, but she gave me no pro or semi pro vibe it was if she just wanted some fun.

Anyway, that was about 4 months ago, and I have not heard from her since then so I am not sure if I will see her again. The sex was ok, but I enjoyed the experience more of a woman who could pay for her own meal and not expect a "gift" after sex.

I have only had a few experiences sex without the expectation of a gift or something more and this was the second time in 8 years I have had a Dominican woman pay for a meal.

I guess miracles never cease...Haaaaaaaaaaaa!

camaro1257
12-24-2022, 08:59 AM
Christmas Eve weather Puerto Plata

camaro1257
12-24-2022, 06:57 PM
Pescados y Mariscos

The plate of the day is 200 pesos. The only problem is an hour after I eat, I am hungry again, but it was very good.

Pescados y Mariscos

Back to Pescados y Mariscos which in the past has some of the most attractive waitresses on the Malecon but they work for a little and then get scooped up...maybe they are abducted by aliens...haaaaaaaaaaa!

I flirted a little with this one while ordering my meal.

I really wasn't serious but afterwards she kept smiling at me. Since it was Christmas, I gave her a 500 pesos tip and she said she had to put it in the pot because they share tips. I thought wooooow she could have just pocketed the money but she's an honest chica.

She said she would take some and add minutes to her phone she brought back the receipt apparently, she took 100 pesos according to the recharge receipt and put it on her phone and turned in the rest. The phone recharge receipt had her number on the back, so I'll chat with her and see what's up.

psriches
12-24-2022, 07:56 PM
I have had a few who I didn't give anything other than dinner etc. but those were the exceptions to the rule nor was a seeing them for any length of time. In fact, recently I had one who I tried to give her something under the guise of paying transport and for her babysitter, but she said she was offended. That has happened to me twice.

I understand there is an unspoken understanding:

"comprensión tácita"

with non-pros but $1000 was way too much. I still haven't heard from her so...

"asi es la vida!"Yeah, I've had chicas ask me for an apartment. And then I've had chicas that were afraid to even ask for a candy bar. It all depends on the chico's vibe and what the chica thinks she can get away with.

camaro1257
12-24-2022, 09:52 PM
Yeah, I've had chicas ask me for an apartment. And then I've had chicas that were afraid to even ask for a candy bar. It all depends on the chico's vibe and what the chica thinks she can get away with.

I believe sometimes they think they have nothing to lose. The old saying goes:

"The answer to the question is no unless you ask"

Believe it or not she finally reached out and started chatting like nothing ever happened. She doesn't know it yet, but she's been fired...Haaaaaaaaa!

camaro1257
12-25-2022, 12:53 PM
Gran Parador del Mar Atlantico

The Gran Parador del Mar Atlantico is a food and snack stop on the Puerto Plata Navarette Hwy in between the towns of Imbert and Maimon on your way to Santiago from Puerto Plata.

They convert the parking lot into a stage when they have live concerts.

I have eaten there 3 times and the last times was the worst. The menu is a buffet, and you can order special items also if you like. It was late in the day when I arrived, and the rice was hard so maybe it had been sitting there too long.

They have a concert coming up soon I might try to go.

camaro1257
12-29-2022, 01:19 AM
Pescados y Mariscos

Back to Pescados y Mariscos which in the past has some of the most attractive waitresses on the Malecon but they work for a little and then get scooped up...maybe they are abducted by aliens...haaaaaaaaaaa!

I flirted a little with this one while ordering my meal.

I really wasn't serious but afterwards she kept smiling at me. Since it was Christmas, I gave her a 500 pesos tip and she said she had to put it in the pot because they share tips. I thought wooooow she could have just pocketed the money but she's an honest chica.

She said she would take some and add minutes to her phone she brought back the receipt apparently, she took 100 pesos according to the recharge receipt and put it on her phone and turned in the rest. The phone recharge receipt had her number on the back, so I'll chat with her and see what's up.

These women are unpredictable

I have been chatting with this waitress since she passed her number and was giving me the "goo goo" eyes at the restaurant.

She says she works almost 7 days a week and in her free time she takes care of her daughter ...and the kicker is she has a "novio" who works a job and as many hours as she does.

So why did she pass me her number unsolicited and give me "goo goo" eyes if she wasn't in play?????

Stranger things have happened but some of these women are just plain unpredictable, like a box of chocolates you never know what you're gonna get...lol!

Tiger
12-29-2022, 11:03 AM
Jennifer

Click to see pic (https://news.insearchofchicas.org/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=169667&d=1670717677)
Click to see pic (https://news.insearchofchicas.org/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=169666&d=1670717525)

Click to see pic (https://news.insearchofchicas.org/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=169668&d=1670718120)

I think I took that last pic!!

I definitely remember the broken arm. I had to help get dressed. She was very cute.

camaro1257
01-01-2023, 07:46 PM
New Year’s Update:

I have met a few chics that have more than 1 job and this is one of them. She is from SDQ and works as a teacher and school psychologist. We took this photo in front of my place a while back.

She comes up on the weekends occasionally. She won’t take money but loves to shop. The last time she came we purchased 2 sets of curtains our agreement was she would pay for one and I would pay for the other. I translated that into Dominican and understood I would be paying for both…ROTFL.

A couple of weeks later this chic is trying to give me money and I am thinking to myself:

“en serio? Tu ta loca o que?”

She asked twice and I kept ignoring her, so she let it slide.

This past trip she wants to go to a resort but says she will pay her half. I declined but she is going out of her way to show she’s independent.

Maybe the bomb will drop one day but as of, yet it has not.

This is my recent experience, if a woman has no job a minor unprofessional job or is:

“en la Universidad”

You already know there will be a need it is just how much. However, the established professional women I have met recently have been less needy and some being prideful about accepting money. To the contrary I did go out with a real estate agent with her own house, and she told me point blank:

“todas las mujeres tienen un precio”

Point is these chics are all over the map. Unfortunately, she had car problems and could not make it to Puerto Plata to spend New Year's Eve with me, but all is well.

I just stayed home and chilled.

Jimmydr
01-02-2023, 07:26 PM
New Year’s Update:

I have met a few chics that have more than 1 job and this is one of them. She is from SDQ and works as a teacher and school psychologist. We took this photo in front of my place a while back.

She comes up on the weekends occasionally. She won’t take money but loves to shop. The last time she came we purchased 2 sets of curtains our agreement was she would pay for one and I would pay for the other. I translated that into Dominican and understood I would be paying for both…ROTFL.

A couple of weeks later this chic is trying to give me money and I am thinking to myself:

“en serio? Tu ta loca o que?”

She asked twice and I kept ignoring her, so she let it slide.

This past trip she wants to go to a resort but says she will pay her half. I declined but she is going out of her way to show she’s independent.

Maybe the bomb will drop one day but as of, yet it has not.

This is my recent experience, if a woman has no job a minor unprofessional job or is:

“en la Universidad”

You already know there will be a need it is just how much. However, the established professional women I have met recently have been less needy and some being prideful about accepting money. To the contrary I did go out with a real estate agent with her own house, and she told me point blank:

“todas las mujeres tienen un precio”

Point is these chics are all over the map. Unfortunately, she had car problems and could not make it to Puerto Plata to spend New Year's Eve with me, but all is well.

I just stayed home and chilled.

How much were both? Cheap I bet.

camaro1257
01-02-2023, 08:03 PM
How much were both? Cheap I bet.

1500 pesos each. She actually tried to repay me 1500 pesos if you can believe that...Haaaaaaaaa!

Jimmydr
01-03-2023, 05:59 AM
1500 pesos each. She actually tried to repay me 1500 pesos if you can believe that...Haaaaaaaaa!

Mine were $35 each in Myrtle. Those were pretty cheap.

camaro1257
01-03-2023, 07:09 AM
Dominican women are all over the map

It would be unbalanced if I didn't share the opposite end of the spectrum, I have had some GOLDDIGGERS too...Haaaaaa!

Case in point I met this Santo Domingo chic who worked at a television station:

Yesssssssssssssur this chic was SEXYFYNE yessssssssssssur...Haaaaaaaaa! But she was a PIA! All started out well she was a sweetie pie but it didn't take long before her true face revealed itself.

I don't think she was a full time pro, but she was definitely used to men taking care of her and since I knew the deal I'd give her something after our encounters. On one occassion we had our lunch date and hotel action after wards and this chic said:

"...mi madre esta enferma y necesito 10,000 pesos!"

Mind you I have paid for a Santo Domingo hotel paid for lunch gave her a financial gift and now she wants twice what I have already given her, and you know what???? I WENT BALLISTIC!!!!!!!!!

Needless to say, she left with only what was in her hand. She would ask me to send money which I never did but the nail in the coffin was after the first few dates when we would go out to eat, she would order extra food to go for her family. After 2 times of doing that, I was done!

She tried to get back in later, but I was done...sorry sweetie been there done that I gotta keep it movin...

I can imagine there are some really decent super fine chics but for me they mostly have been a PIA and beyond their beauty and sexiness not worth the hassle.

camaro1257
01-03-2023, 05:43 PM
No plans on going back

She just won't stop

So, my old Sosua chic keeps fishing for bait. It's been over 3 years since I have seen her, so I ask her if she still charges:

She says "it's free" yeah right and I have a bridge in Brooklyn for sale too...ROTFL!!!!

MrHappy
01-03-2023, 07:09 PM
Dominican women are all over the map

It would be unbalanced if I didn't share the opposite end of the spectrum, I have had some GOLDDIGGERS too...Haaaaaa!

Case in point I met this Santo Domingo chic who worked at a television station:

Yesssssssssssssur this chic was SEXYFYNE yessssssssssssur...Haaaaaaaaa! But she was a PIA! All started out well she was a sweetie pie but it didn't take long before her true face revealed itself.

I don't think she was a full time pro, but she was definitely used to men taking care of her and since I knew the deal I'd give her something after our encounters. On one occassion we had our lunch date and hotel action after wards and this chic said:

"...mi madre esta enferma y necesito 10,000 pesos!"

Mind you I have paid for a Santo Domingo hotel paid for lunch gave her a financial gift and now she wants twice what I have already given her, and you know what???? I WENT BALLISTIC!!!!!!!!!

Needless to say, she left with only what was in her hand. She would ask me to send money which I never did but the nail in the coffin was after the first few dates when we would go out to eat, she would order extra food to go for her family. After 2 times of doing that, I was done!

She tried to get back in later, but I was done...sorry sweetie been there done that I gotta keep it movin...

I can imagine there are some really decent super fine chics but for me they mostly have been a PIA and beyond their beauty and sexiness not worth the hassle.

Up until a few years ago, I know there was a book/list of women in Television/Radio/public personalities that were available for dates along with what the cost would be.

Almost everyone you would see on local TV was there. One of the DR's dirty secrets.

I bet it still exists.

camaro1257
01-03-2023, 08:02 PM
Up until a few years ago, I know there was a book/list of women in Television/Radio/public personalities that were available for dates along with what the cost would be.

Almost everyone you would see on local TV was there. One of the DR's dirty secrets.

I bet it still exists.

Thanks, I didn't know that.

camaro1257
01-06-2023, 08:34 PM
Puerto Plata Barrio Barbies

It's been almost 3 years since I used my moto-concho amigo to feed me Barrio Barbies. Don't ask me why after all these years he sent me these photos but enjoy...

camaro1257
01-15-2023, 08:12 PM
How tall is too tall?

I have been meeting a few chics in Puerto Plata which would be better for me not having to travel outside the city to date. I met this chic and by her photos she was obviously tall:

I am 5'10" so I thought she was my height or a little taller, but something told me to ask her how tall she was. This chic is 6'1" without heels.

Anybody here ever dated a giraffe before?

Jimmydr
01-16-2023, 05:34 AM
How tall is too tall?

I have been meeting a few chics in Puerto Plata which would be better for me not having to travel outside the city to date. I met this chic and by her photos she was obviously tall:

I am 5'10" so I thought she was my height or a little taller, but something told me to ask her how tall she was. This chic is 6'1" without heels.

3 inches taller? I going usually no more than 1 inch taller.

MrHappy
01-16-2023, 08:01 AM
My live in housecleaner many, many years ago was 6' even and weighed 110, with all kinds of curves. Super slim waist, broad shoulders, and not a bit of fat. I could bounce quarters off of her butt cheeks. I imagine you could compare her with many of the women in Kenya/Africa.
Every time I took her to Ronnie's place in Boca Chica the guys would go nuts.
I kicked her out when she got pregnant, which was probably a huge mistake. Live and learn.
This isn't her, but she was just like this:
https://i.pinimg.com/736x/5b/1a/7a/5b1a7a279232bb3c819d182ad5f84efa--black-lady-black-girls.jpg

Westy
01-16-2023, 01:21 PM
How tall is too tall?

Yes, for a few months in the mid-1980s. I'm 5'8" and she claimed to be 5'11.5" -- she didn't want to say 6 feet.

Got a crick in my neck, reaching up to kiss her. :rofl:

camaro1257
01-16-2023, 10:09 PM
How tall is too tall?

I am generally trying to date regular chics with jobs and avoiding the lustful ways of my past but as Michale Coleone said in the GodFather 2

"Once I thought I was out they pull me back in"

ROTFL!!!!!!!

This chic won't stop, so I decided to talk sexy to her to get her to go away but it didn't work:

Chic says she'll masturbate for me and let me finish inside. She was supposed to get angry at the sex talk and block me but my trick backfired...what should I do??????????

Westy
01-17-2023, 04:19 PM
I am generally trying to date regular chics with jobs and avoiding the lustful ways of my past but as Michale Coleone said in the GodFather 2

ROTFL!!!!!!!

This chic won't stop, so I decided to talk sexy to her to get her to go away but it didn't work:

Chic says she'll masturbate for me and let me finish inside. She was supposed to get angry at the sex talk and block me but my trick backfired...what should I do??????????

You made your bed, now you get to fuck in it. :wink:

Jimmydr
01-17-2023, 06:05 PM

ROTFL!!!!!!!

Do it, Do it

camaro1257
01-17-2023, 06:53 PM
You made your bed, now you get to fuck in it. :wink:

Haaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!

The Sage
01-17-2023, 07:56 PM

ROTFL!!!!!!!

Here’s my go to tool. I’ve seen quite a few chicks go crazy with this. I truly believe that there is a small group of them that come back to use it and see me only as a consequence. Lol

MrHappy
01-26-2023, 12:15 PM
Here’s my go to tool. I’ve seen quite a few chicks go crazy with this. I truly believe that there is a small group of them that come back to use it and see me only as a consequence. Lol

I had a massage girl come over the other day. Asked me if I had one so I showed her the one I have. (one of those lulu whatevers)

So she pulls off her clothes (super nice big tatas) and goes to town. A couple of orgasms later, she has to rest for a few minutes because they were really strong, then runs into the bathroom to take a shower.

She comes out almost dressed and I looked at her and said "What about my massage?"

She laughed and said she forgot because the vibrator was so good.

The massage wasn't the best because she kept saying how the vibrator wore her out.

All finished, she gets dressed and leaves, and a couple of seconds later there's a tap at the window and it's her.

She forgot to charge me. LOL

camaro1257
01-29-2023, 06:42 AM
La Terraza at Ocean World

The Ocean World complex has residences, restaurants the resort and La Terraza which is an outdoor restaurant and bar. They have birthday parties and all types of different events. The night I went there was a cover charge of 200 pesos, but I believe that was because there was a Merengue band there. In times past I have not paid a cover charge.

The pier on the water is very nice at night.

Puerto Plata has a large community of expats. Some come to live here directly from their originating locations and others transition from Sosua to the more laid-back lifestyle of Puerto Plata. A group of us got together and hung out enjoying the sights.

The last time I went I had some great salmon but this time the salmon was not on the menu.

I have come to appreciate a good hamburger in the Dominican Republic because generally I do not like the beef here. This burger was pretty good!

camaro1257
02-02-2023, 01:15 PM
No soy Dominicano pero La Republica Dominicana es mi hogar

Today I renewed my carnet de residencia and cedula for the 4th time. The process was a lot smoother than before. It seems as if the system is more organized than it had been in times past.

The Dominican Government grants two types of residencies, temporary and permanent residence. In most cases you need to apply for a temporary residence permit first because to acquire permanent resident status you must have been a temporary residency for five years.

If approved for Permanent Residency the validity would be two years. After ten years as a permanent resident in the country, you will not need to renew your permit again and you will receive a definitive residence card. Permanent residents may apply for Dominican citizenship after two years of being granted permanent residence in the country.

Residency makes you legal and relieves you of any penalties when exiting the country regardless as to how long you stay. Tourist cards are valid for 30 days and can be extended up to 120 days. If you stay passed the expiration date of your tourist card there is an appreciating scale of fines, you pay based on the amount of time you overstay.

I realize most foreigners who live in the Dominican Republic choose to overstay their tourist cards because enforcement of immigration rules is very relaxed. Recently there was an immigration enforcement push focused on illegal Haitians and those without residency were deported. Generally, non-Haitian foreigners are not subject to that type of prosecution. I am a retired law enforcement professional, so I just decided to do things legally but to each his own.

Mr. Smooth
02-02-2023, 03:11 PM
Regarding your general distaste for the beef in the DR, I have to say that when it comes to a really good burger, or in my case, a bacon cheeseburger, I have never been disappointed with the Flip Flop. I know it's rep comes from the wings, but I've ordered the bacon cheeseburgers there each trip at least once, and I go away very impressed and very full.

On the beach, the old Scandanavian Bar when the dude from Finland ran it, I think his burgers were the best. But maybe it all has to do with the particular meat supplier or butchery the restaurant contracts with to get their beef from.

Matteos on Pedro is another spot where you can't go wrong if ordering a burger, IMHO.

Mr. Smooth
02-02-2023, 03:29 PM
How tall is too tall?

After my State Farm insurance guy retired about 10-12 years ago, all his clients were then given to the new agent taking over for him. Turns out, the new agent was a woman who had previously played and coached in the WNBA. She stood 6'5", which towered over my 6'2" height, but I was quite taken with her looks, charm and professional demeanor. Yeah, I took my shot but like she once had done on the court, I was rejected. Not in any finger waving Mutumbo way, but very easy and gentle.

One thing she did tell me regarding the WNBA was that even if you thought there were a lot of lesbians playing in the league, you had no way of knowing the overwhelming majority of them actually were. She would know from her playing and coaching days but assured me, she was attracted only to men and as she was angling to get into tv as a commentator on a part-time basis, at least at the time, her social life would put her within that professional group of eligible men for any potential dating.

A mere civil service federal gov't worker making 5 figures didn't stand a chance.

questner
02-02-2023, 07:50 PM
Happy Groundhog Day! Dom Rep is classical groundhog place, every day starts the same :loyal:

camaro1257
02-03-2023, 08:54 PM
Corazon de Jesus, Jarabacoa

On the way back to Puerto Plata from Santo Domingo I stopped in Santiago to see a friend and we went to a Jarabacoa restaurant in the mountain's names Corazon de Jesus it is famous for its grilled meats and chicken.

The food was good, but the vista view of the mountains was better, we were there long enough to watch the sunset.

sopranostingray
02-05-2023, 06:54 AM
They have the best ribs I've ever eaten. Yes, the view is awesome. Well worth the trip over there.

On the way back to Puerto Plata from Santo Domingo I stopped in Santiago to see a friend and we went to a Jarabacoa restaurant in the mountain's names Corazon de Jesus it is famous for its grilled meats and chicken.

The food was good, but the vista view of the mountains was better, we were there long enough to watch the sunset.

Jimmydr
02-05-2023, 10:00 AM

Jarabocoa is a great place.

camaro1257
02-07-2023, 08:28 PM
Playa Dorada & Crazy Horse Ranch

Playa Dorada is a hotel, commercial and residential complex that also has a golf course. It is like a community unto itself with walking paths and is secure with having to pass through a front gate with security.

The complex hosts the only theater in Puerto Plata and there are several restaurants and retail shops all for tourist prices. The complex reminds me of Punta Cana- Bavaro very commercial and not typical Dominican.

Crazy Horse Ranch

Crazy Horse Ranch is a specialty restaurant in wings, ribs and burgers. I went with some expat friends to share war stories.

The food was ok but nothing to brag about. The best thing about the restaurant is it's on the golf course which is scenic both day and night.

Tiger
02-08-2023, 06:29 PM
Playa Dorada & Crazy Horse Ranch

Playa Dorada is a hotel, commercial and residential complex that also has a golf course. It is like a community unto itself with walking paths and is secure with having to pass through a front gate with security.

The complex hosts the only theater in Puerto Plata and there are several restaurants and retail shops all for tourist prices. The complex reminds me of Punta Cana- Bavaro very commercial and not typical Dominican.

Crazy Horse Ranch

Crazy Horse Ranch is a specialty restaurant in wings, ribs and burgers. I went with some expat friends to share war stories.

The food was ok but nothing to brag about. The best thing about the restaurant is it's on the golf course which is scenic both day and night.

Played that course many times. Very nice.

camaro1257
02-19-2023, 08:40 PM
Puerto Plata Carnaval

NiteStallion876
02-28-2023, 09:39 AM
Puerto Plata Barrio Barbies

It's been almost 3 years since I used my moto-concho amigo to feed me Barrio Barbies. Don't ask me why after all these years he sent me these photos but enjoy...

Glad to see you writing journals again…they were crucial when I first started and ur “recon” always came in clutch.

Now these gogós almost had me book a flight to DR right now 😅🤣🤣🤣

NiteStallion876
02-28-2023, 09:45 AM

I agree. The magic wand is fun to use…really gets the girls going for multiple rounds.

I always get a kick when a chick sees it for the first time and immediately tells me that the magic wand is too big to go inside her 😂😂

camaro1257
03-10-2023, 02:03 PM
El Letero de Puerto Plata

psriches
03-12-2023, 03:37 PM
I agree. The magic wand is fun to use…really gets the girls going for multiple rounds.

I always get a kick when a chick sees it for the first time and immediately tells me that the magic wand is too big to go inside her ����
Is that the Hitachi magic wand? I don't know which one is the original. I guess there's alot of knock offs out there.

I even saw a travel wand. Nice!

https://www.amazon.com/Original-Magic-Wand-Essentials-Massager/dp/B08BJ9S3ZW?th=1

MrHappy
03-14-2023, 04:08 PM
Is that the Hitachi magic wand? I don't know which one is the original. I guess there's alot of knock offs out there.

I even saw a travel wand. Nice!

https://www.amazon.com/Original-Magic-Wand-Essentials-Massager/dp/B08BJ9S3ZW?th=1

That's the same thing I have. The original is named a LuLu, and this is a knockoff but they all do the same thing. And very well at that.

camaro1257
03-15-2023, 07:07 AM
Buen dia Santo Domingo!

camaro1257
03-19-2023, 01:16 PM
Hotel Matum, Santiago

I would like to share an ex-pat update with the group. I have lived in Puerto Plata for 8 years and sometimes visit Santiago and spend the night. My preferred hotel in Santiago is El Centro Hodelpa, the reason I like the hotel is because they have a restaurant on the roof with an incredible vista view of the city. The view is especially beautiful at night.

On this occasion I switched and stayed at Hotel Matum which is closer to El Monumento a los Héroes de la Restauración. When I arrived, the concierge was very friendly in fact he helped me park my truck carried my bags etc. Normally hotel concierges are friendly, but he appeared to be extra friendly.

In the morning at check out the concierge asked me for the keys to my truck which I thought was strange, I thought he was just going to put my bags in as a convenience to me. While I am waiting at the front desk to finish the check out he pulls my truck in front of the hotel and…and…this guy starts washing my truck and I was like WHAT?? I was soooooo surprised I have never had anything like that happen to me before. Not only did he wash and dry the exterior, but he cleaned out the trash on the inside.

Anybody who has lived in the Dominican Republic as long as I have can tell you stories about customer service but in this case all I could do is SMDH!

Sometimes it’s the little things that become big things that just make you want to smile.

MrHappy
03-19-2023, 01:58 PM
Ha! He does the same for me too. Nice guy and deserves a nice tip.

What year is your Escalade, Cam? 2008?

camaro1257
03-19-2023, 02:02 PM
Ha! He does the same for me too. Nice guy and deserves a nice tip.

What year is your Escalade, Cam?

2007 I have had it for 7 years now still running like a champ! So you know this guy? How long has he been doing washing your vehicles?

camaro1257
03-21-2023, 05:56 PM
El Carey Dia & Noche, Costambar-Puerto Plata

El Carey is on the east end of Costumbar beach. It is a 4-star restaurant the ambiance is incredible with a very good staff. The breeze is great, and the lights are beautiful at night.

Prices are on the high side I paid 2200 pesos for my ribeye that I have gotten at another place for 1500 pesos. The steak was decent, but I should have stuck with my salmon.

There was a photo shoot while I was there.

This is one of my go to spots, although Playa Dorada is closer I really enjoy the ambiance at this restaurant.

Hunter
03-21-2023, 06:07 PM
Hotel Matum, Santiago

I would like to share an ex-pat update with the group. I have lived in Puerto Plata for 8 years and sometimes visit Santiago and spend the night. My preferred hotel in Santiago is El Centro Hodelpa, the reason I like the hotel is because they have a restaurant on the roof with an incredible vista view of the city. The view is especially beautiful at night.

On this occasion I switched and stayed at Hotel Matum which is closer to El Monumento a los Héroes de la Restauración. When I arrived, the concierge was very friendly in fact he helped me park my truck carried my bags etc. Normally hotel concierges are friendly, but he appeared to be extra friendly.

In the morning at check out the concierge asked me for the keys to my truck which I thought was strange, I thought he was just going to put my bags in as a convenience to me. While I am waiting at the front desk to finish the check out he pulls my truck in front of the hotel and…and…this guy starts washing my truck and I was like WHAT?? I was soooooo surprised I have never had anything like that happen to me before. Not only did he wash and dry the exterior, but he cleaned out the trash on the inside.

Anybody who has lived in the Dominican Republic as long as I have can tell you stories about customer service but in this case all I could do is SMDH!

Sometimes it’s the little things that become big things that just make you want to smile.

How was Matum overall? Recommend? Hear girl friendly more than your other high end one...Hodelpa

MrHappy
03-21-2023, 06:27 PM
2007 I have had it for 7 years now still running like a champ! So you know this guy? How long has he been doing washing your vehicles?

I've only stayed there a couple of times over the last few years. He really bends over backwards to assist folks.

Have you ever checked out the Nueva Suiza in Constanza?

camaro1257
03-21-2023, 07:28 PM
I've only stayed there a couple of times over the last few years. He really bends over backwards to assist folks.

Have you ever checked out the Nueva Suiza in Constanza?

No I have never heard of it.

camaro1257
03-21-2023, 07:35 PM
How was Matum overall? Recommend? Hear girl friendly more than your other high end one...Hodelpa

Hodelpa's basic room is about 5k but it is Chica friendly I have never had any problems with Chicas there.

Matum is dated but decent, the room was about 4k. The restaurant wasn't open all night which was a bumber, but the front desk could order take out if you like. The casino is closed but there is a club in the back, and you can hear the music at night.

Yes, Matum was girlfriendly my Chica did not have to show a cedula or anything, the staff was very friendly, and I might make it my number 2 spot in Santiago.

Mr. Smooth
03-22-2023, 02:13 PM
El Carey Dia & Noche, Costambar-Puerto Plata

El Carey is on the east end of Costumbar beach. It is a 4-star restaurant the ambiance is incredible with a very good staff. The breeze is great, and the lights are beautiful at night.

Prices are on the high side I paid 2200 pesos for my ribeye that I have gotten at another place for 1500 pesos. The steak was decent, but I should have stuck with my salmon.

There was a photo shoot while I was there.

This is one of my go to spots, although Playa Dorada is closer I really enjoy the ambiance at this restaurant.

Of all the places you have ordered up your salmon, do you have a favorite spot that prepares it exactly how you like it? I swear, was just in the supermarket the other day and while walking past the seafood display section in the back of the store, I saw a few very nice salmon fillets lined up next to each other and thought of you!

I love it too, but preferably grilled. I'm going to buy a Weber charcoal grill this week or next and as the weather will hopefully turn a bit warmer here in Vegas (been a pretty cool March, below average temps by at least 10-12 degrees so far) and I can slice up a fillet into about 4 sections, sprinkle with lemon pepper, add a couple broken up pads of butter then wrap loosely in foil and 6-8 minutes a side.

Done!

But no matter how good it tastes, you have much better scenery around you to enjoy it, just like these pics show.

camaro1257
03-22-2023, 03:39 PM
Of all the places you have ordered up your salmon, do you have a favorite spot that prepares it exactly how you like it? I swear, was just in the supermarket the other day and while walking past the seafood display section in the back of the store, I saw a few very nice salmon fillets lined up next to each other and thought of you!

I love it too, but preferably grilled. I'm going to buy a Weber charcoal grill this week or next and as the weather will hopefully turn a bit warmer here in Vegas (been a pretty cool March, below average temps by at least 10-12 degrees so far) and I can slice up a fillet into about 4 sections, sprinkle with lemon pepper, add a couple broken up pads of butter then wrap loosely in foil and 6-8 minutes a side.

Done!

But no matter how good it tastes, you have much better scenery around you to enjoy it, just like these pics show.

I like how you prepare yours, but I almost always do green peppers and onions with mine.

I think we talked about this before. 11 POP is on the Malecon right across the street from Club Miami. I get salmon with green peppers and onions, green salad, sauteed potatoes for just under 1000 pesos. Everyplace else I pay 1200 pesos and up for the same meal. Yes, they prepare it how I like it and since I am there once or twice a week, they already know what I like.

Here are some photos taken at night.

It has a good view during the day and at night. The food is just as good if not better than El Carey and it's 5 minutes from my house as opposed to trekking to Costambar which is about 15-20 minutes.

MrHappy
03-23-2023, 09:54 AM
Hodelpa's basic room is about 5k but it is Chica friendly I have never had any problems with Chicas there.

Matum is dated but decent, the room was about 4k. The restaurant wasn't open all night which was a bumber, but the front desk could order take out if you like. The casino is closed but there is a club in the back, and you can hear the music at night.

Yes, Matum was girlfriendly my Chica did not have to show a cedula or anything, the staff was very friendly, and I might make it my number 2 spot in Santiago.

Cam, do you use pedidosya? Easy way to get food.

camaro1257
03-23-2023, 12:43 PM
Cam, do you use pedidosya? Easy way to get food.

No, I have never heard of it. Thanks for the reference.

psriches
03-23-2023, 07:13 PM
Hotel Matum, Santiago

170819Yeah, he's been there for years. Matum was an ISOC favorite back in the early 2000's. Great pool, free breakfast and so much history about the 1965 revolution. It's like going to a museum.

camaro1257
03-27-2023, 09:51 PM
Puerto Plata - Sosua detour

The bridge has been out on the main highway from Puerto Plata to Sosua for a few months now and this is the first time I have made the trek since the bridge has been out.

The route takes you through the town of Montellano and lets you out close to the airbase. The trip with the bridge was about 30 minutes and I was told the detour adds an extra 30 minutes for an hour total. Traffic was light so I arrived in Sosua in 45 minutes.

Because it's only a two-lane road I suspect the timing depends on traffic. I remember back in my mongering days when I would make that trek almost every day with the bridge, but I would hate to make that trek at night and woe to those who are drinking trying to navigate those narrow roads.

I hope the finish the bridge soon.

sopranostingray
03-31-2023, 04:08 PM
Puerto Plata - Sosua detour

The bridge has been out on the main highway from Puerto Plata to Sosua for a few months now and this is the first time I have made the trek since the bridge has been out.

The route takes you through the town of Montellano and lets you out close to the airbase. The trip with the bridge was about 30 minutes and I was told the detour adds an extra 30 minutes for an hour total. Traffic was light so I arrived in Sosua in 45 minutes.

Because it's only a two-lane road I suspect the timing depends on traffic. I remember back in my mongering days when I would make that trek almost every day with the bridge, but I would hate to make that trek at night and woe to those who are drinking trying to navigate those narrow roads.

I hope the finish the bridge soon.

The detour is a pain when a truck breaks down and blocks the narrow two way street. When the traffic is light it only takes 10 minutes, but I've also been stuck for nearly one hour. The bridge will take 1.5 to 2 years to finish, so best get used to using the detour.

camaro1257
03-31-2023, 06:51 PM
The detour is a pain when a truck breaks down and blocks the narrow two way street. When the traffic is light it only takes 10 minutes, but I've also been stuck for nearly one hour. The bridge will take 1.5 to 2 years to finish, so best get used to using the detour.

...or avoid going to Sosua altogether...Haaaaaaaaaaaa!

steviewonder
03-31-2023, 07:34 PM
...or avoid going to Sosua altogether...Haaaaaaaaaaaa!

Samana Santa ( Sosua/Cabarete) next week is going to be a shit show to get there for the locals. And what about those arriving at POP airport traveling to Lifestyle / Playa Dorada.

camaro1257
04-01-2023, 10:21 AM
Internet dating

I use mostly Latin American and Dominican Cupid and a little of Badoo. I gave up on Tinder because the majority of women I met there are into PFP in some form or another.

I have met quite a few professional women right up my ally, teachers & engineers and the like. Recently I met a pharmaceutical sales representative with a company car more on that in future post.

The below listed chic listed as 21 so I figured at best she was a college student and at least well you know...

The interesting thing is in the beginning all was well no request for money hard selling or nothing. I figured she was a struggling college student looking for a man to help her get by. Then suddenly she went ghost and after a week or so I got the below message from a different number with the same photo:

Basically, she is asking for a PayPal contribution for photos and videos. Although I am not really dealing with 20 something college students, I would gladly make an exception, but I am definitely not paying for photos or videos I can get on the internet for free.

Regardless, the internet is still rich with diamonds you just have to dig through the dirt to get them.

psriches
04-03-2023, 06:34 PM
...or avoid going to Sosua altogether...Haaaaaaaaaaaa!EXACTLY!!

So thankful for my Puerto Plata contact list. Cheaper flight into Santiago, rent a car as always, and do the entire trip in PP.

camaro1257
04-11-2023, 02:35 PM
Badoo Blanca

I met this Blanca from Spain who claimed to be vacationing in Santo Domingo. She didn't look Dominican so I wanted to secure her ethnicity.

I got her to admit the purpose of her vacation..."follar"...Haaaaaaaaa!

She sent me a naked photo unsolicited. I never ask for explicit photos especially on a website because you never know who you are really talking to.

She said she liked "negros" black guys but who knows what her status is. She could really be on vacation looking for some fun or she could be working or maybe even a catfish who knows but it was entertaining chatting...

hugrad95a
06-11-2023, 10:30 AM
Any updates Cam?

camaro1257
06-11-2023, 09:02 PM
Any updates Cam?

I just got back from Atlanta after over a month, I am looking forward to getting my feet wet soon...haaaaaaaaaaaa!