PDA

View Full Version : Logging in once and again...

Gladiator
08-01-2005, 03:36 PM
DT,

Why isn’t there a box that we can tick so that our password is stored and we don’t have to waste our time logging in each single time we visit this site?

This feature is available in all adult sex forums, some of which are even much more basic than this one.

I’m not sure if this has been requested before, but having to enter our handles and passwords continuously is a big waste of time for us – even if I keep this window open while I check out other sites when I come back after a while I have to enter again the password, that is, I am kicked out just for not being active for a while.

This is a real pain in the ass. Why don’t you add that box so that the site remembers our passwords if we tick it off? Is there any reason for it?

Thanks,

Jimmydr
08-01-2005, 03:38 PM
I can answer that, because guys would forget to log out on vacation and assholes would get in on their accounts. Its just a secyrity measure.

Gladiator
08-01-2005, 04:40 PM
That’s why there should be a box to give guys the option to tick it IF they want.

Those guys that think they may forget to log out shouldn’t tick the box, but those of us (the majority, I guess) that are confident that we won’t forget to log out would tick off the box.

If a guy ticks off the box and his account is hacked by an asshole because he forgot to log out, fuck him, it’s his fault for having ticked the box when he shouldn’t have to.

That box gives you the option to choose what you want.

This is the only adult forum I know of that hasn’t got that box, and if it is for security it looks a bit paranoid to me.

Kevy
08-01-2005, 04:44 PM
Most browsers have password capablilties tyhat will put them in for you.

Jimmydr
08-01-2005, 04:50 PM
If a guy ticks off the box and his account is hacked by an asshole because he forgot to log out, fuck him, it’s his fault for having ticked the box when he shouldn’t have to.

What if its someone with moderator rights then we are all fucked.